Playstation move. Will you be buying it?

• 132 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AJC3317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#51 AJC3317
Member since 2003 • 2546 Posts
i'll let peter griffin answer for me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLggd069Ljc#t=17s
ShishcabobShig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 ShishcabobShig
Member since 2010 • 191 Posts

I actually like Playstation Move. I am looking forward to playing Sorcery when it gets released.

OfficerTJHooka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 OfficerTJHooka
Member since 2010 • 379 Posts
I'm not buying it, not to big a fan on motion controls.
Skynettec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Skynettec
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Yeah, im pretty excited to try it out.

hardknock55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 hardknock55
Member since 2010 • 96 Posts
im buying move midnight of its release date
Kane04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Kane04
Member since 2006 • 2115 Posts
I think if Sony really wants to profit from this every game thats gonna be released in 2011 and later should be 100% compatible mandatorily I'm not saying they should be dedicated. What i'm saying is every game should have the option to play with the Dualshock 3 or Move, that would really make the thing about getting it. And honestly, for shooters for example it would give a big motivation for people to buy it, i've heard and i can guess its much easier and quicker to aim, Killzone 3 devs mention something about this, for me that could be the deal maker, another good idea was patch games like Uncharted 2 to get the option to use Move. It will all come down to games, its pricy, if it doesn't have the games supporting it, personally i'll never get it. It's kinda like the eyetoy and the PSeye, i actually bought the eyetoy for the PS2 and kinda regret it for lack of games, it was very under-used imo and the same can be said about the PSeye. But hopefully Sony will follow my line of thought and really make every game compatible, that would be much more worth than dedicated "mini-games" imo
jay_rock_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 jay_rock_
Member since 2003 • 1720 Posts

Definitely not

Venom_Raptor

THIS

Avatar image for phoenix-serpent
phoenix-serpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 phoenix-serpent
Member since 2008 • 654 Posts

Yep; but i'll get someone to gift it to me on Eid/Christmas.

coltgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 coltgames
Member since 2009 • 2120 Posts
im really rempred to since theres not any good games coming out till oct and on
kosmosfreak2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 kosmosfreak2
Member since 2006 • 240 Posts

Yeah. Socom, Mag and deadspace. If these were the only three games ever made compatible with the move I think it would be a worthy purchase. Multiplayer fps games with the ability to play with the move is just. Going to be fun.

I don't know how else they plan on using the playstation move. But as far as fps's go I think its a great move. I mean. The only reason I even considered getting a wii when it first came out was because how fun first person shooters would be. Then it turns out wii makes no good first person shooters and you can REALLY tell just how bad the graphics are compared to the rest.

At least as far as fps's are concerned I don't think you can get away with calling the move gimmicky. If theres anything the move does right is it lets you play fps's the way they always SHOULD of been played. Other games sure but not fps's.

Also to whoever said the next consol generation is coming out in two years.. Lol. Maybe nintendo might. But that is only because they have nothing to add to the market right now other than like... Epic mickey.

I was reading somewhere that programming a game to work with the move is REALLY easy. Somewhere on one of the mag dev blogs was talking about how easy it was to get their game compatible with the move.

I think thats going to pose a problem. Right as devs are FINALLY starting to program for the ps3 then port to the 360 because they have a good grasp of how too. Microsoft comes out with a peripheral that is more complicated to program for than sonys move lol.

And with how easy t is to program the move I think a lot of third party games might be poked proded and bribed by sony to just do it as a little chore get it done with and whala many multi platform titles with move compatibility.

Just looking at how many people have it pre ordered in this forum compared to those saying "hell no" I think the move has a good shot. It could still flop I won't deny that but it could also take off. Which im hoping it does.

justhat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 justhat1
Member since 2009 • 458 Posts

no thanks.

SadPSPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#62 SadPSPAddict
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts

I tend to think Sony will start making most games "move compatible" but I think it will be a long time before we see any major titles that can ONLY be played with the Move.

I'm a big petrol head when it comes to games and I don't see Move improving that experience - more interested in the 3D aspect of gamings "next technology" to be honest.

So I haven't pre-ordered it and won't be rushing out to buy it. I might consider it post Xmas but.......

kosmosfreak2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 kosmosfreak2

I tend to think Sony will start making most games "move compatible" but I think it will be a long time before we see any major titles that can ONLY be played with the Move.

I'm a big petrol head when it comes to games and I don't see Move improving that experience - more interested in the 3D aspect of gamings "next technology" to be honest.

So I haven't pre-ordered it and won't be rushing out to buy it. I might consider it post Xmas but.......

SadPSPAddict

Im honestly worried that if I jump on it early in just a month or two there will be AMAZING bundles that Ill wish I saved for. On the other hand theres enough games out RIGHT NOW let alone in september or october that will be compatable that I want to start playing them now :P

CO0Ki3M0NST3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 CO0Ki3M0NST3R
Member since 2009 • 373 Posts

[QUOTE="CO0Ki3M0NST3R"]lwhy not keep traditional controls. this isn't Gamer the movie in real lifeMushroomWig
It's an option for those who want to use it, noone is forcing people to use it. Why are some people so afraid of new ideas?

yeah, I know, but I'm not going to be able to join the revolution. I'm jealous...lol

metalkitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 metalkitten
Member since 2004 • 9249 Posts
nope, no way im going for ps3 move i got a wii for that kind of gameplay it suits more for party games etc but for those with no wii it might be interesting but personally i find it overrated it feels like sony and microsoft is simply just doing their move stuff cause wii is this generations leader (and yes i do have a ps3 and love it)
_Telimtor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 _Telimtor_
Member since 2009 • 196 Posts

I will buy it, but not on release day... We all know these drops fast, or some people buy it, and don't like it... so you can find some online for half price.

Too much stuff in September, i've got so Kotobukiya statues coming in, NHL11, Amazing PSN titles coming (Shank/Castle Crashers = YEAH)

But i'm getting Playstation Move for sure

CO0Ki3M0NST3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 CO0Ki3M0NST3R
Member since 2009 • 373 Posts
nope, no way im going for ps3 move i got a wii for that kind of gameplay it suits more for party games etc but for those with no wii it might be interesting but personally i find it overrated it feels like sony and microsoft is simply just doing their move stuff cause wii is this generations leader (and yes i do have a ps3 and love it)metalkitten
well Xbox 360's kinect is actually quite cool. better than the wii and ps3 move put together, but thats just my opinion. wish ps3 had thought of that. then I would have got it.
_Telimtor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 _Telimtor_
Member since 2009 • 196 Posts

nope, no way im going for ps3 move i got a wii for that kind of gameplay it suits more for party games etc but for those with no wii it might be interesting but personally i find it overrated it feels like sony and microsoft is simply just doing their move stuff cause wii is this generations leader (and yes i do have a ps3 and love it)metalkitten
Do you have an HDTV ? because Wii looks like a piece of **** in HD... If i'd own a Wii and a PS3.. i'd sell my Wii for PS3 move, it's only 99$ and in HD.

kosmosfreak2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 kosmosfreak2

[QUOTE="metalkitten"]nope, no way im going for ps3 move i got a wii for that kind of gameplay it suits more for party games etc but for those with no wii it might be interesting but personally i find it overrated it feels like sony and microsoft is simply just doing their move stuff cause wii is this generations leader (and yes i do have a ps3 and love it)CO0Ki3M0NST3R
well Xbox 360's kinect is actually quite cool. better than the wii and ps3 move put together, but thats just my opinion. wish ps3 had thought of that. then I would have got it.

The kinect.. Is a Pain to program for. The move is very simple to program for. So your not going to see a lot of kinect games. Not just that but it really bugs me the idea of not using a controller in your hand at all. I know some people might like it but it really does just bug me.

I just think the idea of move your hand to the left and then to the right in a semi circle pattern to reload your gun < Square.

ks1990steelman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 ks1990steelman
Member since 2009 • 1418 Posts
Only if it's necessary for a game I really really want. Although, I think it's too expensive and, still, useless...
metalkitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 metalkitten

[QUOTE="metalkitten"]nope, no way im going for ps3 move i got a wii for that kind of gameplay it suits more for party games etc but for those with no wii it might be interesting but personally i find it overrated it feels like sony and microsoft is simply just doing their move stuff cause wii is this generations leader (and yes i do have a ps3 and love it)_Telimtor_

Do you have an HDTV ? because Wii looks like a piece of **** in HD... If i'd own a Wii and a PS3.. i'd sell my Wii for PS3 move, it's only 99$ and in HD.

i dont have my wii on a hdtv no i dont see the wii competing with the ps3 and the x box since they do completely different kind of games hence why i have a ps3 and a wii i dont have a wii for its graphics, its a good party console and has many exclusives ps3 and x box pretty much compete over the same stuff to me the whole move and kinect is just a gimmick, like eye toy games but technically updated id say they should put their effort on making games, get game exclusives and invent new stuff instead honestly...its not that fun to play a game with a remote or ur body...party thing, not much more and u dont need good graphics for that nor should u need it for any good game actually most of the ps3 and x box graphic power is put on realistic brown colored war games anyway....way to go
metalkitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 metalkitten

[QUOTE="metalkitten"]nope, no way im going for ps3 move i got a wii for that kind of gameplay it suits more for party games etc but for those with no wii it might be interesting but personally i find it overrated it feels like sony and microsoft is simply just doing their move stuff cause wii is this generations leader (and yes i do have a ps3 and love it)_Telimtor_

why would i sell my wii since all the games i got for it is wii exclusive??? id gain absolutely nothing on it....
kosmosfreak2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 kosmosfreak2

[QUOTE="_Telimtor_"]

[QUOTE="metalkitten"]nope, no way im going for ps3 move i got a wii for that kind of gameplay it suits more for party games etc but for those with no wii it might be interesting but personally i find it overrated it feels like sony and microsoft is simply just doing their move stuff cause wii is this generations leader (and yes i do have a ps3 and love it)metalkitten

i dont have my wii on a hdtv no i dont see the wii competing with the ps3 and the x box since they do completely different kind of games hence why i have a ps3 and a wii i dont have a wii for its graphics, its a good party console and has many exclusives ps3 and x box pretty much compete over the same stuff to me the whole move and kinect is just a gimmick, like eye toy games but technically updated id say they should put their effort on making games, get game exclusives and invent new stuff instead honestly...its not that fun to play a game with a remote or ur body...party thing, not much more and u dont need good graphics for that nor should u need it for any good game actually most of the ps3 and x box graphic power is put on realistic brown colored war games anyway....way to go

Lol I completely doubt you have a ps3 based on your statements. The ps3 only has graphic power on realistic brown colored war games?

You clearly have not seen split second. Split second > Anything on the wii In colors. Thats just the first one to come to mind. Would you like a list?

ThePerro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#74 ThePerro
Member since 2006 • 3105 Posts

No I won't be buying it, unless they remake Nights into Dreams with HD graphics and implement the Move controls well, then I'll be interested.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#75 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts
Nah, what I need is a frigin wheel to play GT5 when it's out lol. Hope I'll get a job soon...
Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Vader993
Member since 2010 • 7533 Posts

I WILL NEVER BUY THE MOVE

kosmosfreak2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 kosmosfreak2

Vader993

Says the guy with the killzone avatar. Don't buy 3 then. Its being designed FOR the move. you will be tearing your hair out in multiplayer.

kosmosfreak2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 kosmosfreak2

Only if it's necessary for a game I really really want. Although, I think it's too expensive and, still, useless...ks1990steelman

There are at least 3 games I want to play with the move. Considering the multiplayer and the long term I plan to be playing these games because of the multiplayer I think the 100 bucks is a worthy investment for the fun factor. Not just that but its pretty clear sony is going to be pushing the move. A lot of multi consol games are getting move compatibility.

Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Vader993
Member since 2010 • 7533 Posts

[QUOTE="Vader993"]

kosmosfreak2

Says the guy with the killzone avatar. Don't buy 3 then. Its being designed FOR the move. you will be tearing your hair out in multiplayer.

maybe not never

kosmosfreak2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 kosmosfreak2

[QUOTE="kosmosfreak2"]

[QUOTE="Vader993"]

Vader993

maybe not never

Lol

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#81 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
already preordered it and looking forward to RE5, KZ3 and the launch titles
Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

Probably wont be buying it. I'll need to see viable evidence of it working in innovative ways with NEW and good games before I'd even consider it. I have no desire to use it with games I've already played.

AJC3317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 AJC3317
[QUOTE="kosmosfreak2"]

[QUOTE="Vader993"]

u win the award for stupidest thing posted today. killzone 3 is being developed normally with tacked on move support, most likely forced upon them by sony. ditto with socom
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

I'll have to try it first

Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts

No I will not be buying Move.

kosmosfreak2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 kosmosfreak2

[QUOTE="kosmosfreak2"]

[QUOTE="Vader993"]

AJC3317

u win the award for stupidest thing posted today. killzone 3 is being developed normally with tacked on move support, most likely forced upon them by sony. ditto with socom

God what is it with pretentious jokes to humanity needing to comepensate for the schoolyard bullying they got in middle school on a video game forum?

Kill zone three is being made intentionally with integerated support for the move.

Better? Felling warm and fuzzy with your pretentious comment of the day being recognized?

VladJasonDrac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 VladJasonDrac
Member since 2010 • 601 Posts

So let me weigh this one out for myself personally.

$190 + Tax to play a "hardcore" game with Move.

$60 + Tax to play the same "hardcore" game with the controller that came with the console.

Yea that's a pass on Move.

pygmahia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 pygmahia5
Member since 2007 • 7428 Posts
not a chance.
Avatar image for Ravenlore_basic
Ravenlore_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#89 Ravenlore_basic
Member since 2003 • 4319 Posts

IDK I am going to wait and see.

metalkitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 metalkitten
[QUOTE="kosmosfreak2"]

[QUOTE="metalkitten"][QUOTE="_Telimtor_"] Do you have an HDTV ? because Wii looks like a piece of **** in HD... If i'd own a Wii and a PS3.. i'd sell my Wii for PS3 move, it's only 99$ and in HD.

Lol I completely doubt you have a ps3 based on your statements. The ps3 only has graphic power on realistic brown colored war games?

You clearly have not seen split second. Split second > Anything on the wii In colors. Thats just the first one to come to mind. Would you like a list?

u can just check my game list for knowing which ps3 games i got... im not into fps and its mostly what the ps3 and x box is using their graphic brilliance for, id go with any colorful artistic game before realistic graphic and for being such a high tech machine im surprised over all the damn loading times on everything....whats up with that??
Crocodile_Key

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#91 Crocodile_Key
Member since 2003 • 224 Posts

No I won't be buying it. I think the move controls for the Wii are gimicky, fun for a while but gets old, and it is the reason I don't play most of my favorite Nintendo franchises now. I like the good old controller. I don't want to have to move a lot to play a game after working. Just give me my controller and let me be.

grungeman91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#92 grungeman91
Member since 2008 • 617 Posts
As of right now, No Later on down the road, Maybe
VIPERX1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 VIPERX1000
Member since 2004 • 994 Posts

Absolutely buying Move. Most of the best games for it won't be out till next year Like Socom 4 and Killzone 3, but there are some decent looking launch titles as well.

Avatar image for MysteriousNacht
MysteriousNacht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 MysteriousNacht
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I will be but not at release.
kittensRjerks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 kittensRjerks
Member since 2010 • 3802 Posts

probably not, just seems like another lame gimmick

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#96 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Absolutely not. I already have a Wii and now play most of my games exclusively with the Classic Controller (those that support it, at least). I'm sick of motion controls.
AJC3317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 AJC3317
[QUOTE="kosmosfreak2"]

[QUOTE="AJC3317"][QUOTE="kosmosfreak2"]

God what is it with pretentious jokes to humanity needing to comepensate for the schoolyard bullying they got in middle school on a video game forum?

Kill zone three is being made intentionally with integerated support for the move.

Better? Felling warm and fuzzy with your pretentious comment of the day being recognized?

no, it's not. by that logic killzone 3 would not have been made if the move had not been created
kosmosfreak2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 kosmosfreak2

[QUOTE="kosmosfreak2"]

[QUOTE="AJC3317"] u win the award for stupidest thing posted today. killzone 3 is being developed normally with tacked on move support, most likely forced upon them by sony. ditto with socomAJC3317

no, it's not. by that logic killzone 3 would not have been made if the move had not been created

God your an idiot.

Do you enjoy arguing in the abstract? I'm sure you do.

Im really just going to ignore you from here out. And excuse your logic for getting smacked upside the head too many times, In all likely hood for bad logic in the first place.

koolkat14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 koolkat14
Member since 2009 • 10428 Posts

No, unless it provides some games that's able to get my interest.

AJC3317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 AJC3317
[QUOTE="kosmosfreak2"]

[QUOTE="AJC3317"][QUOTE="kosmosfreak2"]

God your an idiot.

Do you enjoy arguing in the abstract? I'm sure you do.

Im really just going to ignore you from here out. And excuse your logic for getting smacked upside the head too many times, In all likely hood for bad logic in the first place.

way to support ur argument. also way to be mature about it after trying to call me out for it lol