Playstation move. Will you be buying it?

• 132 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sizzlingdviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 sizzlingdviper
Member since 2004 • 1818 Posts

I wont be buying it-If you need a pair for some games?-then thats gonna be mighty expensive!

almossbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 almossbb
Member since 2008 • 1979 Posts

right now, definatly not. ill wait to see if there are a lot of awesome games in the library before i decicde to pay more than 100 dollars for the camera and a few controllers. right now i dont think it is worth getting.

almossbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 almossbb

i think its funny that so many ps3 owners and 360 owners bashed the wii for motion controls, saying they didnt want anything to do with motion control games. now i see many (not everyone) people willing to buy the move/kinect.

i have wii and ps3, so im not trying to be a fanboy of the wii right now...

Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Vader993
Member since 2010 • 7533 Posts

honestly i don't know,im huge fan of sony but motion controls are so gimmacky

CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#105 CaptainAhab13
Member since 2010 • 5121 Posts

Not sure yet. $100 is pretty steep, but if the reviews all say it is well worth the entry fee and the games are enhanced/new games are phenomenal, then by all means I'll go for it.

zekere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#106 zekere
Member since 2003 • 2536 Posts

Maybe for my children, or if Sorcery turns out to be great ...(has potential)

shani_boy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107 shani_boy101
Member since 2006 • 5423 Posts

I've already pre-ordered it, it's going to be awesome, it has so much potential and MAG is getting support, and i've already got that game (and i won it in a competition, double bonus) so i have something to use it with.

hawk549

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 hawk549
Member since 2007 • 1220 Posts

i think its funny that so many ps3 owners and 360 owners bashed the wii for motion controls, saying they didnt want anything to do with motion control games. now i see many (not everyone) people willing to buy the move/kinect.

almossbb

The difference is how Sony is using this technology. Sony has expanded on the Wii formula, as evident by the tech demos. NOW i am motivated to buy motion controllers.

d-illuzion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 d-illuzion
Member since 2010 • 227 Posts
Im going to get it but not until more games some out with support that im intrested in and after i finish investing in a 50 inch 3d TV... haha
Avatar image for forzafootball77
forzafootball77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 forzafootball77
Member since 2008 • 499 Posts

I will wait till next year

almossbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 almossbb

[QUOTE="almossbb"]

hawk549

The difference is how Sony is using this technology. Sony has expanded on the Wii formula, as evident by the tech demos. NOW i am motivated to buy motion controllers.

ya the move is basically wiimotionplus 2.0, very creative sony. i mean the motion looksgood, but still ps3/360 owners did not want to do anything with motion controls at all (not saying you are one of them) and when there compnay makes motion controls to tapinto the wii market, motion controls suddenly become awesome.

anyway, like i have said before, i will only get this when i se MANY great games that use it.

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
i'll get it eventually, but not day one.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#113 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
Yes I am buying it. I am getting two sticks, two chucks, and sports champs. I am waiting for reviews before plunking down more cash on the other launch titles, though.
jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#114 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Nah, I won't be buying it. In my mind it's just a gimmick that won't improve anything and not do much other than making people look like total weirdos in their own home.

hawk549

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 hawk549
Member since 2007 • 1220 Posts

[QUOTE="hawk549"]

[QUOTE="almossbb"]

almossbb

ya the move is basically wiimotionplus 2.0, very creative sony. i mean the motion looksgood, but still ps3/360 owners did not want to do anything with motion controls at all (not saying you are one of them) and when there compnay makes motion controls to tapinto the wii market, motion controls suddenly become awesome.

anyway, like i have said before, i will only get this when i se MANY great games that use it.

What sold me on the Move is how Sony turned the controller into a gamers virtual hands. Prior to seeing these demos, i wrote off the Move because i prefer my DS3 for traditional gaming. However, it is my hope that there will be software coming out the would be impossible to play WITHOUT the Move. This is why the Wii did not interest me...i felt like it was traditional gaming with a gimmick controller. The Move, i felt was headed down the same path.

After seeing how Sony plans to use these controllers to act as your virtual hands, THAT made me think about the potential of the Move. The Move allows a player to manipulate in game objects in real time, using said virtual hands. Yes Nintendo CERTAINLY innovated and paved the way for the motion controller, but i feel like they are limited by the hardware. With the power of the PS3, this motion technology can go much farther.

I will say though, if Sony's software for the Move has me feeling like this technology is tacked on, i will be sorely disappointed.

durdensbuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 durdensbuddy
Member since 2006 • 32 Posts

I want to demo it out at a store first before making my final decision, but yeah I'm excited about move. I think it'll be the best of the motion controllers. But I can't seem to find if there's anywhere selling the camera and both controllers in a bundle. Hate the idea of connected accessories being sold seperately (like wiimote and nunchuck). But I guess we'll see

durdensbuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 durdensbuddy
Member since 2006 • 32 Posts

Im going to get it but not until more games some out with support that im intrested in and after i finish investing in a 50 inch 3d TV... hahad-illuzion

I'd hold off on the 3D TV for a while. Seems in the next year or two they might have glasses-free versions and I don't know about you but I'm kinda getting sick of upgrading my s*** every couple of years

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#118 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

[QUOTE="d-illuzion"]Im going to get it but not until more games some out with support that im intrested in and after i finish investing in a 50 inch 3d TV... hahadurdensbuddy

I'd hold off on the 3D TV for a while. Seems in the next year or two they might have glasses-free versions and I don't know about you but I'm kinda getting sick of upgrading my s*** every couple of years

If money is no object, go ahead and wait, but unless you have about $5,000 for your TV budget, the only affordable option for a while will be glasses.
Duxsox56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#119 Duxsox56
Member since 2009 • 1186 Posts

I'll probably get it eventually. Sounds like a Christmas list type of thing.

almossbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 almossbb

[QUOTE="almossbb"]

[QUOTE="hawk549"]

hawk549

What sold me on the Move is how Sony turned the controller into a gamers virtual hands. Prior to seeing these demos, i wrote off the Move because i prefer my DS3 for traditional gaming. However, it is my hope that there will be software coming out the would be impossible to play WITHOUT the Move. This is why the Wii did not interest me...i felt like it was traditional gaming with a gimmick controller. The Move, i felt was headed down the same path.

After seeing how Sony plans to use these controllers to act as your virtual hands, THAT made me think about the potential of the Move. The Move allows a player to manipulate in game objects in real time, using said virtual hands. Yes Nintendo CERTAINLY innovated and paved the way for the motion controller, but i feel like they are limited by the hardware. With the power of the PS3, this motion technology can go much farther.

I will say though, if Sony's software for the Move has me feeling like this technology is tacked on, i will be sorely disappointed.

i agree with what you have said. but i hope games will be compatible with the move and DS3, nintendo does that with many game, you can use multiple controllers.

when the wii came i knew from the start something better was on its way, but i didnt expect sony to make a wii mote 2.0

thing is sony might make the same mistake nintendo did by alloowing/focusing on more casual games, which would dissapoint me.

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts

No, unless it provides some games that's able to get my interest.

koolkat14
I'm surprised Killzone 3 didn't spark your interest.
HQ-almighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 HQ-almighty
Member since 2010 • 125 Posts

No purchasing on my end. More interested in following the motion sensing and 3D tech to see where it goes in 10, 20, 30 years. Right now it seems to be in a fairly rudimentary state - while still very interesting and amazing to consider such a thing is even a possibility in this day and age - I just feel there's currently more hype than any actual implemented applications of it all being beneficial to gaming.

Avatar image for NakedSnake-1993
NakedSnake-1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 NakedSnake-1993
Member since 2008 • 132 Posts

Buying it day 1

LightGalaxy_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 LightGalaxy_07
Member since 2009 • 626 Posts

i think for FPS it gonna be hard to control.. so no and im contented on a DS3

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#125 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts
Yes i will,Daxter,Sly and Ratchet in one game sounds like a dream come true,doesnt look to well for now,but i will be picking it up since it actually has a storyline.
bigboss1203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#126 bigboss1203
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

Absolutely not! I hate motion control gaming and everything about it

Avatar image for meluvulongtime8
meluvulongtime8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 14

#127 meluvulongtime8
Member since 2007 • 1428 Posts

I'll probably be buying. Going to wait and see how some of the games turn out first though

WllDan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#128 WllDan7
Member since 2004 • 2581 Posts

No. The controller is just too expensive for me. I want games this fall and not accessories I still don't believe they are going to support that long.

son_of_akiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 son_of_akiller
Member since 2007 • 417 Posts

NO unless it is a really big hit and it doesnt have speakers in the controller or analog stick like a wiimote which it will have to compete with

butthe wii is awesome for when friendsare over but playing by yourself itisless entertaining and not for everyone

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#130 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts

I'm gonna wait for a price drop on the Playstation Move or when it's on special offer.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#131 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

It looks interesting but I'm really not exited with 'wiggling' by hands all over the place to play a video game. I'm fine with the controller.

Saying that however, I'll be keeping my eyes on Move to see how to integrates into the gaming itself.

iMojo786_PSN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 iMojo786_PSN
Member since 2010 • 1641 Posts
Sooner or later i will buy it, cant play MGS Rising with a dualshock :P