Platinum Trophies - Does anyone go for them?

• 63 results
FanboyMcTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1 FanboyMcTroll
Member since 2017 • 274 Posts

How many people actually try to get the Platinum Trophy's in games? For 100% completion of the game.

I have played hundreds of games yet I only have 3 Platinum trophies. I find most games you have to do some really ridicules tasks to get the platinum trophies, so I wonder do people bother trying for it?

Avatar image for yammireckorrdsan
YammiReckorrdSan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 YammiReckorrdSan
Member since 2016 • 616 Posts

I have platinum only for two games: Senran Kagura Estival Versus, and Jojo All Stars Battle. Senran Kagura's platinum is pretty much to play all the story chapters and a few side things and that's it.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/3447-senran-kagura-estival-versus/1-how-i-spent-my-summer-vacation

Yeah... It has 32% achive rate. It is that easy.

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

I play games to complete them and have as much enjoyment as possible. I don't care in the least about achievements.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

If they seem reasonably achievable AND I enjoy playing the game, I'll go for them. I think I have 13 of them.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

I have about 17 platinum trophies iirc. I used to collect them for fun at one point but that was years ago, I'm no longer interested.

Clefdefa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#6 Clefdefa
Member since 2017 • 750 Posts

Right now I have 18 plat. Either games that I really enjoyed or very easy ones like Telltale games.

I'm kind of sick of plat and acheivement so I turned them off and play more on the Switch at the moment.

FanboyMcTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FanboyMcTroll

@clefdefa: Congratulations on your 18 trophies!!! I try in every game for the Platinum but I just can't do it

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#8 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Been hooked to trophies and platinums ever since I got my PS3 over 9 years ago. I didn't go for platinums all the time when I first started playing games, but over time it became a habit to. I still plat most games I play. I feel like trophies encourage me to get the most out of games and has even encouraged me to play more games. But yeah, there are often some ridiculous requirements that don't fit in with the whole "getting the most out of games" aspect. But, to me, there's still something satisfying about earning a platinum in a game before moving on to the next game. Still, I plan on finding a stopping point as far as going out of my way to earn platinums. Right now I'm at 177 and I'd like to hit 200 and perhaps keep my final platinum count there. Of course, I'll still earn trophies as I play games, but it'll be interesting to see if I can break my platinum addiction as long as I'm still playing PlayStation games and trophies still exist.

FanboyMcTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FanboyMcTroll

@SoNin360: WOW you are the man!!! I have 2 Platinum trophies, I try so hard to get platinum on all games but I find that the achievements to get them are just impossible.

So tell me honestly, you must look up answers on the internet of how to get the Platinum trophies, because some of the requirements are just ludicrious

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SoNin360

@fanboymctroll: Yep, there are trophy guides and even a whole community out there that'll help each other out with online trophies.

FanboyMcTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FanboyMcTroll

@SoNin360: Ok so you should know what the Star level is beside the trophies. What does that mean. I'm currently Star Level 14, ok so what does that mean?

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SoNin360

@fanboymctroll: That's your Level. Doesn't mean a whole lot, but trophies actually have point values and it takes so many points to reach the next level.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

I have one platinum and it's one of the easiest ones to get, Life is Strange lol. Gonna plat the sequel too. In all honesty I don't care about trophies. I have too many games and my backlog keeps growing. If I don't keep beating games I can't really justify myself to continue buying new games

RodrigoChips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RodrigoChips
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

I usually don't go...
Did anyone ever noticed that Frre games don't have it?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11671 Posts

@fanboymctroll:

Platinum Trophies - Does anyone go for them?

Yes, for my favorite games on the Playstation 3/4 if supported. Which currently ranks as 26 platinum trophies. Should be more if some of these other games had a platinum, still can't figure out how Demento or Resident Evil 4 doesn't. . (no platinum for Ninja Gaiden: Sigma is also lame)

I even have the platinum for The Evil Within which last I checked was 0.4%; as the platinum requires beating Akumu mode-

Still working on Monster Hunter: World platinum and likely my most difficult one to date. All I need left is the two Miniature Crown trophies. And even after I have the platinum, will continue to play the game, it's what I do with games I really like. I still play TEW also_

Current ranking for Monster Hunter: World platinum trophy stands at 0.1%. . so if someone here claims to have the platinum in MH:W? I know you're full of ¥^*@

FanboyMcTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FanboyMcTroll

@RSM-HQ: Your Platinum trophie count is very impressive!! I have only 2 so when I see people with way more than me I have to applaud them because I know how difficult it is to get them, I have played hundreds of games ALWAYS going for the Platinum trophy yet I only have 2, so I have to give two thumbs up to anyone with many of them. Way to go dude!!!

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#17  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11671 Posts

@fanboymctroll: Platinum's are not a means of glory for me, just a sign for how much I enjoyed the game. If I like the game it'll be played for years. Even now I will load-up games I already have platinum trophies for. Even games like Resident Evil Remake and Devil May Cry 3 which I technically 100%'d before achievements was a concept.

If a game has an easy platinum? that means little to me, if the game itself is boring and lame_

After beating Dragon Age: Inquisition on Nightmare the clean-up would have been very easy if just time consuming. However; I personally thought the game was garbage, only agreeing to finish the game because was told that's when the game "clicks" (aka don't trust Bioware fans). So I ended my time with Dragon Age: Inquisition at roughly 30% and think it's fitting towards my thoughts on the game itself.

I would say if you like a game enough, most trophies are possible (not counting online trophies with closed servers). You get some stupid trophies, like Metal Gear Solid IV which makes me think Kojima san hates us. . . Yet, if you like the game, and keep playing, it's only a matter of time till the platinum "pings"

FanboyMcTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FanboyMcTroll

@RSM-HQ: I love the trophy "pings", brings a smile to my face every time!!!

It's kind of like the sound when you find the special items in Diablo 3

gamerzboi99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gamerzboi99
Member since 2018 • 4 Posts

Well, I only go actively hunt for them when/if the other trophies are reasonable.
Like, if it's things that can actually be done with a few days worth of work, sure.
But when it asks the moon and the stars from you, It's a no from me.

ToonLonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ToonLonk
Member since 2017 • 440 Posts

Couldn't really care less about "trophies", "achievements" or out-of-game rewards in general.

xBlackErrthing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 xBlackErrthing
Member since 2017 • 97 Posts

Nope, haven't cared to complete a game trophy/achievement wise since like 09.

Clefdefa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#23 Clefdefa
Member since 2017 • 750 Posts

@fanboymctroll: The first one I got was for playing God Of War 3 on PS3. Very easy to plat and I loved the game, played it a few times and the challenges are fun.

I was very excited when I got the plat especially when I saw that it has a special info. there is a website adress in the description and it gave an pic for your PC. Cool.

Then I discovered that it was unique in this case because no other had something special so it kinda lost its "wow" factor.

Avatar image for blazinghabanero
BlazingHabanero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BlazingHabanero
Member since 2018 • 14 Posts

I attempt to go for Platinum trophies, but I have recently started over and made an new PSN account because I have an issue with games being on my trophy list that I didn't play, or won't ever bother to play again (this is referring to my son getting on my account and playing games I am not interested in so I have given the account to him). I know I won't get every single Platinum, but trophies do add to games a whole new level of replayability.

_Devastator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 _Devastator
Member since 2007 • 303 Posts

The platinum trophies are a way for me to extend playing a game I really enjoy. "I loved playing it so much, I platinumed it."

mobius_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mobius_basic
Member since 2002 • 708 Posts

I don't have too many. I have about 14, with a lot of those being from the easy TaleTell games like Walking Dead or some easy indy games. The only really big game type Plats I received was from Wolfenstein, Horizon Zero Dawn and Far Cry Primal.

Longsnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Longsnout
Member since 2013 • 181 Posts

I've got 23 24 Platinum trophies, mostly from pacing myself between new games and going through my backlog. If I don't have to speedrun the game under one hour or reach level 55 in some crummy tacked-on multiplayer then I definitely go for Plat. It's great for replayability and a good way of extending a game's lifespan.

FlameVeil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FlameVeil
Member since 2018 • 4 Posts

I actively go for them, I'm all about completionist when it comes to gaming. Currently trying to get the Platinum for AC: Brotherhood but il Principe takes so long. :(

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

@_Devastator said:

The platinum trophies are a way for me to extend playing a game I really enjoy. "I loved playing it so much, I platinumed it."

This. I'm not too concerned about actively going for it. If it happens, I must have been enjoying the game so much that I didn't notice and even then I would have to actively think of going for a platinum.

wildhoney66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 wildhoney66
Member since 2008 • 324 Posts

i don't go for them cause i know my limits on what i can and can't do. for example i love Arkham Knight or the new God of War game but on how damn hard they are in that mode. i'd NEVER be able to beat the game at those levels. or whatever the hell they are called? so if i'm lucky i do beat a game but there's still a lot of games i've never beaten that many people have. shit i never was able to beat the Original Mario bros. from back in the day yet there are people that can do that in their sleep.

i was never one of them.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#32 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

Use to back in the day. Have around 40ish I think.

C4rbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 C4rbs
Member since 2018 • 36 Posts

Just in games that are open world with a lot of quests, like Fallout 4

GamesWhisperer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GamesWhisperer
Member since 2018 • 22 Posts

If it's doable and won't ruin the game for me (like having to replay it all over again), then I like going for them. Currently sitting on 82 platinums :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5c875e07ed3fd
deactivated-5c875e07ed3fd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#35 deactivated-5c875e07ed3fd
Member since 2018 • -1 Posts

I only collect those that I really want (the favourite games).

BONEYKNEES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BONEYKNEES
Member since 2018 • 14 Posts

It's a case by case basis for me, if it's a big open world game with lots of side quest to do, then usually I will. I do it less with Linear games.

askerofgameQs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 askerofgameQs
Member since 2018 • 11 Posts

Yes some people go for them, as evidenced by some people having Platinum trophies.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts

I have platinumed Tekken 7 which was pretty easy.

The only games I remember that I 100 percented it.(When there wasn't any platinuming in games) were Harry potter 2 and 3 on PC and Harry potter quidditch world cup.(Which I collected all the cards) and maybe Toy Story 2 on game on PC.(Which I finished for 15-18 times when I was young)

Marmotas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Marmotas
Member since 2004 • 2944 Posts

I used to be hardcore into getting platinums, but with time the need kinda died down, i platinum games when i kinda feel like it or if the game is really really good, or its an easy plat, but if it something too grindy or too much multiplayer stuff, i just dont.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

I stopped once I reached 100 platinum trophies. Now I just want to enjoy the game and chill.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

I got one in Demon's Souls and one in Dark Souls. Haven't bothered with them since my profile was stolen and I started over on the PS4.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Depends on the game really. If I like it, I go for the plat. If it's easy to get it after finishing the game, I'll also getting it. I'm at 94 plats now. I guess my next plat will be GoW.

Longsnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Longsnout
Member since 2013 • 181 Posts

Got my 25th Plat recently.

trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#45 trav_have
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts

I don't usually care about platinum trophies. I've never gone out of my way to try and get them.....at least until God of War. I had no problems getting platinum in God of War because I love the game so much. The combat is amazing so grinding out that trophy wasn't a problem.

Other than that, my other platinums are Telltale's The Walking Dead, which all you have to do is play the game.....and Life Is Strange, which all you have to do is take pictures in each chapter.

wildhoney66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 wildhoney66
Member since 2008 • 324 Posts

i've never gone after them cause i know it's normally on the hardest damn level on a game and with it being on that kind of level i say screw it's just not worth it. cause i know i'll never be able to get the damn thing. so i have Zero of these things i really do wish i had at least one but i don't.

derekhann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 derekhann
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

I only go for platinum if its extremely easy or else i just don't bother going for them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b553a3d72a3b
deactivated-5b553a3d72a3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: -2

#48 deactivated-5b553a3d72a3b
Member since 2018 • 191 Posts

I go for the easy ones, rarely get all of them.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#49  Edited By Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Some of my friends do go out of their way but for myself if i really enjoy the game, thats when i will put the extra effort.

Provided the trophies aren't punishing to achieve.

Blazepanzer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Blazepanzer24
Member since 2018 • 437 Posts

I don't have any but part of the issue is that I'm a Solo Player and part of the issue is that I mostly like to play for the story arch, once I've completed the main story + side missions or after story I take a break from that game and play it again between three months and two years later. (Or sometimes three days later in terms of Ace combat Zero the Belkan war.)