My PS3 Racist Purchasing Story

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 AuthenticM
Member since 2007 • 748 Posts
Wow, I would've spit in her face.
Mcgnnis1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#152 Mcgnnis1
Member since 2006 • 811 Posts
Wow... I mean i know incidents like that happen some times but like that? man that's pretty stpd of her. You probably should have called the manager or something..and you definitely shouldn't have left the system. I mean if i were you i rather ignore her and just get the system.
KiraNoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 KiraNoir
Member since 2007 • 146 Posts
what the **** !!!!!!!!! kick that cash person in the face and complain about them being raceist !!! seriously dood you should of gone to talk to the manager! dont settle for that **** we live in a free country everyone is equal !!!!!!!!
KiraNoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 KiraNoir
Member since 2007 • 146 Posts
hey mrvic87, awesome sig :P hurray for ps3 owners !!!
Avatar image for live4thepackers
live4thepackers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#156 live4thepackers
Member since 2006 • 13348 Posts
omg why didnt you get a manager to get that **** fired, props on walking away but i dont think i would've taken that if i were you
mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#158 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts

Thanks.

hey mrvic87, awesome sig :P hurray for ps3 owners !!! KiraNoir

ajefferism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 ajefferism
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts
thats pretty bad, you shoulda told his manager.... heheh hopefully HE is black ;).
Avatar image for deactivated-5dc1155346926
deactivated-5dc1155346926

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#160 deactivated-5dc1155346926
Member since 2007 • 912 Posts
there is no reason in the world that you shouldn't have went to the manager...wrote a letter. Hell you should pwn this for what it's worth. They should make a dang public apology to you for this and give you a free system. This is WAY out of line and shouldn't happen to anybody else. Racist in gaming now? Dang what's next man geez? I feel you man. I have had my own quarrels at the gamestop in my town in GA. Just sickening.
Avatar image for spikeydude97323
spikeydude97323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 spikeydude97323
Member since 2003 • 1286 Posts
That is unbelievable:shock: Surely you could of sued the companymabey that would stop them for hiring racist scumbags.
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#162 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

So last week I was finally going to purchase a PS3 after a lot of thought (I want to get a 60gig with BC) So I was going to go to Gamestop, but after so many sotries on here, i went to a best buy. So I walk into the best buy and go to customer service.

Me: Do you have any 60 gig PS3's in stock

CS: Umm.. yeah i think so

SO after a while she goes and gets the PS3, and I go to the counter to pay for it. And I pick up Resistance, Warhawk and Heavenly Sword

Cashier: Is that all.

Me: Yeah, oh and these three games (put games on counter)

Cashier: huh, really. You really want these games?

Me: Umm, yeah, why not?

Cashier: (laughing) nothing, anything else

Me: Do you think I shouldnt get them (im a conversational person)

Cashier: I mean, to be honest, I didn't know, you know, black people liked online shooters.

Me: huh? what makes you think that?

Cashier: I mean I have black friends (the most overused line ever), but I just didnt think you liked games like that, or even games like Heavenly sword. You know we got Madden on sale!

Me: Are you saying that I should pick up madden because im black?

Cashier: I mean thats what alot of black people get. But its usually for ps2. I didnt know black people liked PS3 either, its kind of a hardcore system. You know what blu-ray movies are, right?

At this point im more than annoyed so I just put my wallet back and leave. Go get something to eat and try and cool down, and say I'll just do this another day, but now I have no drive to get a PS3. I mean when I was out before, it was kind of an impulse buy. ( i just needed something to play) but I think i'll just wait till next year. (not because of the racist best buy employee, but I think i would have had some buyers remorse if I would have bought it then)....oh well. But yeah its time to end racism people.

Tmills_basic

I'm sorry you had to experience such racism.

Now, I had been in three situations where I was once a victim of such abuse and other two times were my good friends.

I have one question for you, why did you walked out without standing your ground? Was it ok with you that a individual "literally"

spit on you?

I can understand that you're a good natured person and don't wish to get into arguments. However, life is full of idiots and morons, you can encounter them every single day.

In my opinion, you should had defended yourself and your self respect.

Instead you walked out and know writing how PS3 didn't became your purchase.

If I was on your spot I came to pick my PS3, I'd tell a clerk quite a few F""" words and call the manager. Then I'd make sure I get my PS3 free or the clerk gets fired.

You think that won't work? How about calling the police, or have you forgotten the year is 2007, the law doesn't tolerate racism.

Hopefuly, you learned a life lesson.

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#163 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
[QUOTE="Biflan"]

heya somesthetic,

Unified humanity? "E PLURIBUS UNUM" theclause on the american moneymeaning "out of many, one" or close to that is from the view "all created equal" -personaly I agree, but I don't find the connection with how that makes the girl racist twoards him. Honestly, you arn't gonna have the same affections romanticly twoards somone you would hope to marrie as you would have with another person-Hopefully.

For all we know she may have been complimenting an aspect "culturally" of black people she is fond of. For example, she maylike the idea that blacks tend to be inmore of the sports setting and maybe that makes them more manlyish in her view, hence the madden comment.But that is absolutly not at all racism. He said hes a conversation kinda guy, so maybe she fed on that.

Sure it's because of skin color but I don't see where she is being rudeor in any way tryingto make her race supierior to his. Why one would need to run to the forums to scream RACISM is beyond me! This is the type of ignorance only causes more hate and divercity.

Sorry for the edits, keeps crunching my texts together. Maybe a little bit of unity involvedin it xD

KraftForgotten

She could have very-well been trying to start up a little conversation, but she spoutted out a mindless statement in regards to all African American gamers, hence "black people didn't like online shooters." She didn't say some, she just generalized a whole race.

I hate it when people just throw the word racist around without a clue on its meaning. In this case she wasn't being racist, but rather stereotyping.

So out of dozens of people...only a few of us actually decided to think WHAT racism means? Are Americans racist because a lot of them say that the Japanese are smart?

Game-o_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Game-o_O
Member since 2005 • 2275 Posts

So last week I was finally going to purchase a PS3 after a lot of thought (I want to get a 60gig with BC) So I was going to go to Gamestop, but after so many sotries on here, i went to a best buy. So I walk into the best buy and go to customer service.

SO after a while she goes and gets the PS3, and I go to the counter to pay for it. And I pick up Resistance, Warhawk and Heavenly Sword

Cashier: I mean, to be honest, I didn't know, you know, black people liked online shooters.

Cashier: I mean I have black friends (the most overused line ever), but I just didnt think you liked games like that, or even games like Heavenly sword. You know we got Madden on sale!

Cashier: I mean thats what alot of black people get. But its usually for ps2. I didnt know black people liked PS3 either, its kind of a hardcore system. You know what blu-ray movies are, right?

At this point im more than annoyed so I just put my wallet back and leave. Go get something to eat and try and cool down, and say I'll just do this another day, but now I have no drive to get a PS3. I mean when I was out before, it was kind of an impulse buy. ( i just needed something to play) but I think i'll just wait till next year. (not because of the racist best buy employee, but I think i would have had some buyers remorse if I would have bought it then)....oh well. But yeah its time to end racism people.

Tmills_basic

All I can say is... LOL YOU GOT OWNED. You couldn't even substain your stature enough to remember to buy the console. Not only did your headheaded self leave, you classified it as racism. Stop being hysterical black man. She was profiling the majority of what Black people DO buy.

oh well. Bu yeah its time to end the over-exaguration lol. :3

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Symphonycometh
[QUOTE="Tmills_basic"]

Game-o_O

All I can say is... LOL YOU GOT OWNED. You couldn't even substain your stature enough to remember to buy the console. Not only did your headheaded self leave, you classified it as racism. Stop being hysterical black man. She was profiling the majority of what Black people DO buy.

oh well. Bu yeah its time to end the over-exaguration lol. :3

...I didn't want to say it...esp. not that evily.:P

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#166 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts
Wow I would have been pissed off, but it was smart of you to not to yell or start a scene, but you should have gotten him fired.
scotty_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 scotty_9
Member since 2004 • 180 Posts
thats messed up
Tokyo90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Tokyo90
Member since 2007 • 2024 Posts
man thats messed up... that snake , instead of legs I bet she's a half rattlesnake woman that goes around slithering , hissing and rattling. instead of doing her job , she gotta be talking crap about this. dude , get a PS3 now so you won't miss out on some good games. also I'm black and play games online so screw that snake.
MaximumD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#169 MaximumD
Member since 2007 • 1506 Posts
Which best buy did you go to? Give me their number and I'll call them up and complain about this situation.
Lightning613

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Lightning613
Member since 2007 • 73 Posts
You should have told the manager. There's no exuse for that.
dark-zazo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 dark-zazo
Member since 2006 • 128 Posts

Don't worry man, racist people are going to be extinct in the next decade. Or, if u can't wait 10 years, maybe we start killing them right now

stolz1975

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 stolz1975
Member since 2005 • 422 Posts
man u fanboys need to quit makin up stupid stories
Amaterasu00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Amaterasu00
Member since 2007 • 58 Posts

Which best buy did you go to? Give me their number and I'll call them up and complain about this situation.MaximumD

I think the store he went to was called Gamestop. Atleast thats what I understand. Now back to the topic at hand. I dont understand people nowadays. To say black people dont play online shooters.Silly rabbits....Im one of those black men that play online shooters. Ive played Halo 2 online(level 30 W/O cheating), Gears of War(I was ranked in the top 1000 people in Warzone until the update that removes the Hosts name from the server.), and I've played Halo 3 quite extensively. I also play RPGs(Final Fantasy VII anyone?), 3rd person shooter(RE4 people), every kind of game basically.

Stereotyping is bad people...

akhiluppal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 akhiluppal
Member since 2005 • 51 Posts

Steriotypes are big in canada, Brown people are usually said to be cheap and stuff,

I get a weird look all the time when i tell people i got a PS3, people usually say "A brown guy with a PS3?" lol
(i wasn't even gonna buy PS3 atfirst, lol was gonnna go cheap and buy 360, got red ring first day, returned back)

and about madden, my black friend won a LCDTV at a Bestbuy Madden contest lol

Also when i play online I ALWAYS be insurgents or iraqi or MEC lol

mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#175 mfp16
Member since 2006 • 4551 Posts
You should call corporate, that is ridiculous. It's really making me angry just reading it.
jessie5788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 jessie5788
Member since 2007 • 972 Posts
if it was me i would of cursed them out made a big a** scene and talked to the manager. more than likely you would of gotten a discount. you still should buy the ps3 though
analog10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 analog10
Member since 2003 • 377 Posts
Yawn... To the OP, come back when you have a "real" claim of racisim. This is a joke.
RoyTheViking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 RoyTheViking
Member since 2005 • 3574 Posts
You easily could have gotten the manager over there, made a scene, and then gotten your PS3 discounted.
D_Znuhtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#179 D_Znuhtz
Member since 2004 • 2276 Posts

Hmm I smell BS.

Why didn't you say anything to a manager? Believe me if I was black I would have gotten that hoe fired with the quickness.

KraftForgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 KraftForgotten
Member since 2006 • 354 Posts
[QUOTE="KraftForgotten"][QUOTE="Biflan"]

heya somesthetic,

Unified humanity? "E PLURIBUS UNUM" theclause on the american moneymeaning "out of many, one" or close to that is from the view "all created equal" -personaly I agree, but I don't find the connection with how that makes the girl racist twoards him. Honestly, you arn't gonna have the same affections romanticly twoards somone you would hope to marrie as you would have with another person-Hopefully.

For all we know she may have been complimenting an aspect "culturally" of black people she is fond of. For example, she maylike the idea that blacks tend to be inmore of the sports setting and maybe that makes them more manlyish in her view, hence the madden comment.But that is absolutly not at all racism. He said hes a conversation kinda guy, so maybe she fed on that.

Sure it's because of skin color but I don't see where she is being rudeor in any way tryingto make her race supierior to his. Why one would need to run to the forums to scream RACISM is beyond me! This is the type of ignorance only causes more hate and divercity.

Sorry for the edits, keeps crunching my texts together. Maybe a little bit of unity involvedin it xD

Symphonycometh

She could have very-well been trying to start up a little conversation, but she spoutted out a mindless statement in regards to all African American gamers, hence "black people didn't like online shooters." She didn't say some, she just generalized a whole race.

I hate it when people just throw the word racist around without a clue on its meaning. In this case she wasn't being racist, but rather stereotyping.

So out of dozens of people...only a few of us actually decided to think WHAT racism means? Are Americans racist because a lot of them say that the Japanese are smart?

That isn't what racism means; a lot of those Americans are just stereotyping Japanese people.

And I used prejudice in the right context, so don't change my wording.

sim_dude_uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 sim_dude_uk
Member since 2005 • 348 Posts

Tmills_basic

dude, that person was racist fullstop! you may be in the state of mind not buying a ps3 now but it is worth getting no matter what clor skin you have because playstation network is a lot friendlier than xbox live (halo kids). I do have a black friend also (most used line ever) and he is a playstation fan like me, he does have an xbox 360 right b4 the price cut and regrets it now. He is getting a ps3 next year when MGS4 comes out, so maybe get it when MGS4 comes out. If that doesnt help, then good luck with ur future purchases

sim_dude_uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 sim_dude_uk
Member since 2005 • 348 Posts

Tmills_basic

dude, that person was racist fullstop! you may be in the state of mind not buying a ps3 now but it is worth getting no matter what clor skin you have because playstation network is a lot friendlier than xbox live (halo kids). I do have a black friend also (most used line ever) and he is a playstation fan like me, he does have an xbox 360 right b4 the price cut and regrets it now. He is getting a ps3 next year when MGS4 comes out, so maybe get it when MGS4 comes out. If that doesnt help, then good luck with ur future purchases

Afro_Samurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#183 Afro_Samurai
Member since 2005 • 603 Posts
This just goes to show all of us that even in America in the 21st century, we still got A LOT of work to do.
Imallvol7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Imallvol7
Member since 2003 • 7566 Posts

Tmills_basic
wow, that is f'ing rediculous. that guy sounds like a complete jerk (and really stupid to boot)
hustler_151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 hustler_151
Member since 2006 • 1720 Posts
ya you should see the looks i get when i pre order games like folklore. for instance, in july i go into gamestop, preorder heavenly sword. cashier"you know GTA4 will be coming out in october wouldnt you like to preorder that instead." me "no i dont like GTA's"(i know weird) then when i went to preorder Folklore a different guy said the same thing...sad
XD88FDB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 XD88FDB
Member since 2007 • 652 Posts

Are you sure you didn't make this up?

Sounds like something out of an episode of "The Boondocks".

What State do you live in?

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#187 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
Wow that cashier is extremely rude. I'd be way offended also. Do what you feel is right.
buffysummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#188 buffysummer
Member since 2004 • 804 Posts

You still have time, go to the store at the same time that you did before and talk to the manager, (Remember that she did that just to make you angry, she wasn't inocent) After that you could see the reaction of the manager (he could be a racist, too and do nathing), prepare a letter with all the sings of your friends from your school(remember moreis better)and send it to the administration of the store (you have to tell them that all of you feel very bad and for that action they will stop buying products at that store or other of the same administration).

You will only send this letter if she don't get fired. Other thing, before you talk with anyone, you should talk with her in a good way, just to get her speak and record her, if she talk about stereothipe, you can win this case and get a litter of money.

cero10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#189 cero10
Member since 2005 • 887 Posts

Racism is a thing from the past, its old. Everyone should stop being racist!! I hate racist people, i just feel like punching them expecially the people who didnt buy San Andreas because they said that the main character is black-thats so stupid.

buffysummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#190 buffysummer
Member since 2004 • 804 Posts

man u fanboys need to quit makin up stupid storiesstolz1975

There aren't stories. I'm awoman and all the time that I got to any store asking for the price of the PS3, they always ask me,

- it is for you son

-hey! I'm in my earliest 20's

or they ask me:

-For who is the PS3?

-is it for you brother

and when I'm talking about any details about the PS3 or 360, they look at me very strange and ask me:

- wow, how do you know all that stuff. that it is very strange coming from a girl.

after that, some of them ask me

-what are you studying?

-I'm a lawyer

and they get more surprise, look at me more strange, and say

-Oh don't get me wrong; but, it is so weird to find a girls, pecially if she is alawyer that love videogames

(I know that it is more weird to find a lawyer who spell so bad... but this is gamespot and I don't care)

or they don't say any word; but, at the end, when I'm paying, they stop and tell me:

-Thisgame isn't for kids!

-yes, I know. It's for me

-it is very viovent, it isn't for kids.

-didn't I told that it was for me.

I don't know if it is a rule to say that, but at the end they always told me that it isn't for kids (Resident Evil games, Resistance Fall of Man, Hitman and with all the mature games).

pnizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 pnizz
Member since 2007 • 232 Posts
dude...youll get the ps3 by the end of the yr...that is if you want B/C...plus you said impulse maid you want to buy it, trust me youll get bored again, and youll be in walmart buying a ps3...and hopefully no racist employees show up...peace
Avatar image for deactivated-62d1b87aec423
deactivated-62d1b87aec423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#192 deactivated-62d1b87aec423
Member since 2003 • 2465 Posts

You should punch him/her!!! OMG!

That wasSo rude!

OMFG!!!

nikos11

No, then that would be really black.
pinionxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 pinionxl
Member since 2002 • 1870 Posts

[QUOTE="stolz1975"]man u fanboys need to quit makin up stupid storiesbuffysummer

There aren't stories. I'm awoman and all the time that I got to any store asking for the price of the PS3, they always ask me,

- it is for you son

-hey! I'm in my earliest 20's

or they ask me:

-For who is the PS3?

-is it for you brother

and when I'm talking about any details about the PS3 or 360, they look at me very strange and ask me:

- wow, how do you know all that stuff. that it is very strange coming from a girl.

after that, some of them ask me

-what are you studying?

-I'm a lawyer

and they get more surprise, look at me more strange, and say

-Oh don't get me wrong; but, it is so weird to find a girls, pecially if she is alawyer that love videogames

(I know that it is more weird to find a lawyer who spell so bad... but this is gamespot and I don't care)

or they don't say any word; but, at the end, when I'm paying, they stop and tell me:

-Thisgame isn't for kids!

-yes, I know. It's for me

-it is very viovent, it isn't for kids.

-didn't I told that it was for me.

I don't know if it is a rule to say that, but at the end they always told me that it isn't for kids (Resident Evil games, Resistance Fall of Man, Hitman and with all the mature games).

I don't believe you are a lawyer, or a woman. English cannot be your first language.
immikeulate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 immikeulate
Member since 2004 • 350 Posts
[QUOTE="nikos11"]

You should punch him/her!!! OMG!

That wasSo rude!

OMFG!!!

Gigas_Yuu

No, then that would be really black.

Ouch, not funny (well kind of) but still ouch.

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Symphonycometh
So people are STILL ignoring the fact that it WASN'T racism.
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Symphonycometh
[QUOTE="Symphonycometh"][QUOTE="KraftForgotten"][QUOTE="Biflan"]

heya somesthetic,

KraftForgotten

That isn't what racism means; a lot of those Americans are just stereotyping Japanese people.

And I used prejudice in the right context, so don't change my wording.

For the love of....I was AGREEING with you. I just changed the word for myself.:)

envybianchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 envybianchi
Member since 2004 • 1155 Posts
Sorry to hear that dude! One unintelligent, douchebag, racist, **** stereotypical **** ruin what could've been a wonderful, fantastic time! Again, my sincerest apologies. Hope you got that **** fired.
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#198 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

Tmills_basic

Racism will always be out here and it's really sad that kids/adults take it as a joke on out here.

PS: I would've made that guy a memory.

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#199 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

Tmills_basic

Racism will always be out here and it's really sad that kids/adults take it as a joke on out here.

PS: I would've made that guy a memory.

slyydevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 slyydevil
Member since 2004 • 494 Posts
Being black myself there is and always will be racist connotations throguhout our life and I really congratulate you for acting accordingly. All that racist chick would've needed was for you to act a fool and reaffirm her thoguhts on her sterotypical beliefs of people of color. I would've no doubt filed a complaint and asked that I receive some sort of compensation. The ignorance of that chick blinded her from reality because if she knew any better, she would've known that blacks are #1 when it comes to spending power. Again it's still not too late to call coporate on her ass and if they don't listen then threaten them with a lawsuit and tell them that you have witnessess that are willing to sign an affidavit *wink*wink*. No one likes to hear the "L" word, trust that!