My PS3 Racist Purchasing Story

This topic is locked from further discussion.

arabianplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 arabianplayer
Member since 2007 • 75 Posts

you guys in america are in deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep trouble dude

I mean COME ON racism was killed in the middel east like a one billionyears ago

its a shame to see that such a civilized country like USA still sufer from problems like that

jakndaxter7223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#52 jakndaxter7223
Member since 2005 • 2101 Posts

You did the right thing by leaving, BUT, you should have requested a manager and tried to get the r-tard fired. There is no excuse for the cashiers stereotypes.Prinze

ya that kind of BS shouldnt be allowed

deadkingdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deadkingdg
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts

you guys in america are in deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep trouble dude

I mean COME ON racism was killed in the middel east like a one billionyears ago

its a shame to see that such a civilized country like USA still sufer from problems like that

arabianplayer

Wtf? I'm not American, so I'm not offended, but if an American goes to middle east, he will get insulted and maybe beaten, if not worse. THAT is racism. Humans are humans all over the world.

casey7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 casey7672
Member since 2006 • 5348 Posts
You know what they say......everyone has an opinion just like they have a butt hole and it usually comes out just as ugly.
DriftMax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 DriftMax
Member since 2007 • 591 Posts
you should of jumped the counter and started swingin like a windmill
mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#56 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts
Not in the sense where he should have gone off and act like a madman. He should have taken action by communicating the ignorance to a higher authority at the store. The fact that she said something so ignorant and he did nothing about it, she got the upper hand and is still employed by Best Buy, preparing to say the same thing to the next black person who is excited to get a PS3/online shooter. He controlled his anger. Yeah so? I can control my anger but rest assured she would not be employed the very next day!
@ mrvic87 - How is he weak, by controlling himself and NOT going crazy in the store. Sure, he probably should of said something, but not saying anything by no means makes him weak.....it actually makes him strong.janzaruk
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#57 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
The irony behind this is that I'm the only Black boy I KNOW, (Here that, I said that I KNOW) with a PS3 in Georgia. Sucks, but personally, I would've laughed and took no offense.:)
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18804 Posts
lol. And yes i'm a colored so in a way she is accurate
MCNewYork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#59 MCNewYork87
Member since 2005 • 325 Posts
all my black friends play madden and nba live. o wait so do all my white friends. come on you should have talked the manager and asked 2 have the person fired or to give you the corporate number 2 report the store. i was just playing halo 3 and rainbow six vegas with my old roomates who happen to be black. I am part black myself (though its a very small percentage and i look white). what state was this in? it had to be down south or out west.
aznkhaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#60 aznkhaos
Member since 2005 • 4133 Posts
I've read your story adn the one thing that still ticks me off is that she's still working there. You got b****'d at and she's still working there. That just pisses me OFF

Excellent self-control though. I have to say that.
Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts

you should of jumped the counter and started swingin like a windmillDriftMax

That made me:lol:

bazookajoe19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 bazookajoe19
Member since 2006 • 827 Posts
my black friends all have a ps3, warhawk, and resistance.
shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts
the thing that gets me about racisim is that it makes no sense. i know poeople who have been told to get out of the country. ok, so if all us coloured people(hate that term) or 'non white' had a mass exodus and left the country, the ecomomy would colapse . good bye america and europe.
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

Omg. You didn't buy a PS3 because the cashier was a dicko? NO WAY!! "What? black people like PS3? No way" You should speak with the manager and get her arse thrown on the street! F racists.

BTW, get a PS3 with those games else where, because they are indeed good :D

somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 somesthetic
Member since 2004 • 3344 Posts

Theres all sorts of black people in the online shooter games I play.

coolasj19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 coolasj19
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts
no comment
sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 sa10kun
Member since 2007 • 4290 Posts
You could probably still call their corporate headquarters or just go back to the store and complain to the manager after the fact. It's cool you didn't overreact but you still should do something. Plus it will hurt the person will be hurt more if they are fired than if you bop them on the head.
footballstar07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 footballstar07
Member since 2007 • 698 Posts

Ok now this is messed up, Im black myself. I have madden, heavenly sword, and Motorstorm. Now im really glad i wasnt in your shoes or i'd be blacking out all over the place. Its stupid that people divided certain game genres with enthic groups and i think you should go back to bestbuy walk up to cs and smack her =)

ps3wizard45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#69 ps3wizard45
Member since 2007 • 12907 Posts
what a jerk thats really mean
ps3wizard45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#70 ps3wizard45
Member since 2007 • 12907 Posts
freakin rasicts suck eggs !!!!!!!!!!! f them !!!!!!!!!
s2williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 s2williams
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
im black and if this was a boy, seriously i would of gave him a haymaker on the spot .. i respect the fact that you walked away and kept your cool but I know you weren't raised to let some dry little white **** talk like that to you, what he saying black people dont like ps3 and we only play madden?, haha he thinks you're soft thats why he says **** like that to you, you should knocked him the **** out

s2williams
ovadose85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 ovadose85
Member since 2006 • 505 Posts
it's sad you had to go through that but it's enevitable that you'd find someone that ignorant and shallow nowaday's . so just brush it off and move , but next time someone pull's that , get there @$$ fired . it's weird because i'm black and i hate sport's games ( there repetitive ) and i suck at first person shooter's ( i never realy tried playing one ) . actually all i play are rpg's ( currently playing elder's scroll 4 on my ps3 ) .
OmegaOrtega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#73 OmegaOrtega
Member since 2004 • 4502 Posts

Sad.

Miss_Wacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Miss_Wacy
Member since 2007 • 1911 Posts

The only thing I stereotype blacks on is music, because I know no blacks who love rock, metal, classic... But really, that's not offensive. If you are black and like those music, or know someone who is, then prove me wrong! :P

deadkingdg

well just cos u dont no any black people that like rock etc dosent mean theres no black people out there that like it, like i said earlier shelterd

OmegaOrtega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#75 OmegaOrtega
Member since 2004 • 4502 Posts

it's sad you had to go through that but it's enevitable that you'd find someone that ignorant and shallow nowaday's . so just brush it off and move , but next time someone pull's that , get there @$$ fired . it's weird because i'm black and i hate sport's games ( there repetitive ) and i suck at first person shooter's ( i never realy tried playing one ) . actually all i play are rpg's ( currently playing elder's scroll 4 on my ps3 ) . ovadose85

Ditto to all you said.

I even have Elder ScrollsOblivion in my PS3as I'm typing this.. lol

Oh oh, but I'm decent at shooters. I'm getting sick of them though...

ghettokid15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 ghettokid15
Member since 2003 • 947 Posts

i would got her fired on spot i wouldnt made a scene but dont take that though we have taken enough in past but this is 2007 stand up for yr self next aight

u_poop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#77 u_poop
Member since 2007 • 183 Posts
dude i would have punched them in the face, and then forced them to get the games for free or i get them fired
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#78 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
lol, that story was the worst EB one yet if true. get one from Best Buy.
MFbronz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 MFbronz
Member since 2007 • 403 Posts

mad props for keeping your cool man nuthin but respect

me being a bit of a hothead i would have caused a scene,got the broad fired and got a free ps3

sunkcontrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 sunkcontrol
Member since 2006 • 368 Posts
i'm really sorry to hear that .... a$$h0le!! .... don't let that a$$h0le put you off .... come join the ps3 party everyone welcome
Hussar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Hussar
Member since 2002 • 78 Posts

Customer service stinks nowadays. Whether you are black or white or blue. This cashier just decided to use race to be a lousy employee, whereas other times they have no excuse.

In all fairness though, I am a white guy and get garbage from black cashiers. It happens to everyone. Bottom line is that 90% of whites don't like blacks and 90% of blacks don't like whites. Not much any of us can do about it. But if it bothers you that much then stick to shopping in black neighborhoods. If you go into white neighborhoods and get insulted then don't go to white neighborhoods, or you accept it and move on. I stay away from black shopping centers b/c I don't like the way I am treated. Don't see why blacks can't do the same. Free country you know.

Dawale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Dawale
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Actually they were being culturally biased, not racist, but they were stupid for it all the same.
Avatar image for llidianStormage
llidianStormage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 llidianStormage
Member since 2007 • 269 Posts

man that's how clueless some American people is my friend they let TV and other things make a stereotype of people......sad very sad

good that you left i would of left to because that's impressing for the cashier to even say i thought you get madden even though most of NFL fans are white if you judge by who fills the stadiums up ever sunday.

elchiquilin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 elchiquilin
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts
That was something to complain about, you could have gotten her fired, but you did the reight thing on leaving, just as an advice: get the 60 gb as soon as you decide (or well as soon as you can) since theyll be pretty scarce by next year...you{ll get the drive to buy the ps3 early next year (MGS4, DMC4,Turok, White knight story, final fantasy, MGO and many others).
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#85 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

My racist music story....

I was listening to "Massacre" by 50 Cent. In one of the songs he actually says "My mom would turn in her grave if I married a white chick". 50 Cents mom is a racist.

I was listening to Kanye Wests new album. In one of the songs he actually says "You could be my black Kate Moss tonight". Like, what's up with the white one? Kanye West is a racist.

swade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 swade
Member since 2003 • 1515 Posts
Man I hate when white folks criticize me like that.... I play Football and am real into sports and am very Athletic and built but white folks look at me funny because I like Anime... Yet I can say I was surprised when I played Rainbow Six on live and find out there are alot of black folk who play.... Yet that girl was just another ignorant white girl like that one that girl off of America's top model who won (the one who's married to the Brady Bunch guy) when she said I've dated black ppl but they need to stop complaining and she said the jews dont have a holiday or month (which they do).... Man I've been getting so mad lately because of all the racism and ignorant white folk. It makes me so mad when these things happen and the ppl that do these kinds of things are the first ppl to say blacks are all racist and we are the problem.
AfgZeroVirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 AfgZeroVirus
Member since 2007 • 631 Posts
Yo I got Al Sharpton on speed dial if you want to start a riot, JOKES. Yeah that was very rude, disrespectful, and odd of him to be saying the things he did. But don't let that dick stop you from purchasing a ps3 and all three of those games are great.
Gokuja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Gokuja
Member since 2005 • 3767 Posts

you should have said "Yea, well black people always have a knife to right, better shut yo' mouth" lol.

ok that was racist on my part, im sorry. sucks that you had to go through that, though i admit i laughed. "We have madden you know." that is hilarious on their part.

swade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 swade
Member since 2003 • 1515 Posts
Did any of yall here about the noose found on the 2pac statue
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

So last week I was finally going to purchase a PS3 after a lot of thought (I want to get a 60gig with BC) So I was going to go to Gamestop, but after so many sotries on here, i went to a best buy. So I walk into the best buy and go to customer service.

Me: Do you have any 60 gig PS3's in stock

CS: Umm.. yeah i think so

SO after a while she goes and gets the PS3, and I go to the counter to pay for it. And I pick up Resistance, Warhawk and Heavenly Sword

Cashier: Is that all.

Me: Yeah, oh and these three games (put games on counter)

Cashier: huh, really. You really want these games?

Me: Umm, yeah, why not?

Cashier: (laughing) nothing, anything else

Me: Do you think I shouldnt get them (im a conversational person)

Cashier: I mean, to be honest, I didn't know, you know, black people liked online shooters.

Me: huh? what makes you think that?

Cashier: I mean I have black friends (the most overused line ever), but I just didnt think you liked games like that, or even games like Heavenly sword. You know we got Madden on sale!

Me: Are you saying that I should pick up madden because im black?

Cashier: I mean thats what alot of black people get. But its usually for ps2. I didnt know black people liked PS3 either, its kind of a hardcore system. You know what blu-ray movies are, right?

At this point im more than annoyed so I just put my wallet back and leave. Go get something to eat and try and cool down, and say I'll just do this another day, but now I have no drive to get a PS3. I mean when I was out before, it was kind of an impulse buy. ( i just needed something to play) but I think i'll just wait till next year. (not because of the racist best buy employee, but I think i would have had some buyers remorse if I would have bought it then)....oh well. But yeah its time to end racism people.

Tmills_basic

I know how you feel. I'm half myself (my mom's black) and we tend to get that a few times ourselves. If I were you, I'd complain to the higher ups. But I agree with you, racism has to stop. But also on another note, BE GLAD you didn't get Resistence. Cause you pop that thing online and that's ALL you'll here for these stupid 14 year old punks "N this" and "N that". I mean there's A LOT of mindless racism flying around in that game online for sure. I'm actually considering selling it cause I don't even play it online anymore.

But also, PS3 is a big decision at it's price tag. I wouldn't really consider a PS3 (an impulse buy). Not at that price. But the PS3's getting a price cut anyways. But if you want all the features, the 60 gig's the way to go. But you won't have much time left to get a 60 gig as Sony's phasing them out to be replaced with 40 and 80 gigs, but minus some of the features the 60 gig has.

f15srcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 f15srcool
Member since 2005 • 2294 Posts
I probably would have flown off the "handle" and cussed alot. What you did was better. You should wait any way. 
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Man I hate when white folks criticize me like that.... I play Football and am real into sports and am very Athletic and built but white folks look at me funny because I like Anime... Yet I can say I was surprised when I played Rainbow Six on live and find out there are alot of black folk who play.... Yet that girl was just another ignorant white girl like that one that girl off of America's top model who won (the one who's married to the Brady Bunch guy) when she said I've dated black ppl but they need to stop complaining and she said the jews dont have a holiday or month (which they do).... Man I've been getting so mad lately because of all the racism and ignorant white folk. It makes me so mad when these things happen and the ppl that do these kinds of things are the first ppl to say blacks are all racist and we are the problem.swade

Racism is everywhere. Only white people are more mainstream. That's why you see it more. You'd be suprised though, there are some nationalities out there that don't like ANY other race than themselves. Chinese people were famous for that actually.

It is funny though. It took a decade to get "the B word" *followed with a itch* to be passed on air. F word is still considered very bad. Tons of swear words are blanked out. But the N word always flies without fail. You can't say F, but it's ok if you say N. I don't understand that. But also, there's a misunderstanding with some races that aren't black, cause black people throw around the N word like the common "Hello" like wild fire and other races think it's ok. The way I see it, if you don't like it, then don't say it. PERIOD. No matter what race you are.

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Symphonycometh

Customer service stinks nowadays. Whether you are black or white or blue. This cashier just decided to use race to be a lousy employee, whereas other times they have no excuse.

In all fairness though, I am a white guy and get garbage from black cashiers. It happens to everyone. Bottom line is that 90% of whites don't like blacks and 90% of blacks don't like whites. Not much any of us can do about it. But if it bothers you that much then stick to shopping in black neighborhoods. If you go into white neighborhoods and get insulted then don't go to white neighborhoods, or you accept it and move on. I stay away from black shopping centers b/c I don't like the way I am treated. Don't see why blacks can't do the same. Free country you know.

Hussar
That's a very funny HUGE unlinked, unbelievable post you created.
-Jashan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 -Jashan-
Member since 2007 • 401 Posts

So last week I was finally going to purchase a PS3 after a lot of thought (I want to get a 60gig with BC) So I was going to go to Gamestop, but after so many sotries on here, i went to a best buy. So I walk into the best buy and go to customer service.

Me: Do you have any 60 gig PS3's in stock

CS: Umm.. yeah i think so

SO after a while she goes and gets the PS3, and I go to the counter to pay for it. And I pick up Resistance, Warhawk and Heavenly Sword

Cashier: Is that all.

Me: Yeah, oh and these three games (put games on counter)

Cashier: huh, really. You really want these games?

Me: Umm, yeah, why not?

Cashier: (laughing) nothing, anything else

Me: Do you think I shouldnt get them (im a conversational person)

Cashier: I mean, to be honest, I didn't know, you know, black people liked online shooters.

Me: huh? what makes you think that?

Cashier: I mean I have black friends (the most overused line ever), but I just didnt think you liked games like that, or even games like Heavenly sword. You know we got Madden on sale!

Me: Are you saying that I should pick up madden because im black?

Cashier: I mean thats what alot of black people get. But its usually for ps2. I didnt know black people liked PS3 either, its kind of a hardcore system. You know what blu-ray movies are, right?

At this point im more than annoyed so I just put my wallet back and leave. Go get something to eat and try and cool down, and say I'll just do this another day, but now I have no drive to get a PS3. I mean when I was out before, it was kind of an impulse buy. ( i just needed something to play) but I think i'll just wait till next year. (not because of the racist best buy employee, but I think i would have had some buyers remorse if I would have bought it then)....oh well. But yeah its time to end racism people.

Tmills_basic

ur dumb u could have gotten her fired for that.. u can get employees in trouble for smart ass comments they make at u to buddy

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts

what a bastard. well, what's done is done, but i agree with everyone else that something should have been done to punish him. it's cool that took the high road, and left, but still... damn i'm pissed for you!

remember you can get a lot out of this, but if you're not the kind of person to get confrontaional or even sue the storefor somethnig like this, chilliing out and letting it be is the best corse of action... unless.

Damn, it doesn't matter what race u are, anyone can do anything... very pissed right now. (for all it's worth i'm not black) damn i hate narrow minded streotypes

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Symphonycometh
@Denji: Word. The N word's origin was meant as an insult to my race. I fail to see why people can call each other that without ANY thought. ANYWAYS! Back on topic...:P
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#97 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts
You should had reported that person to the store manager...
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Symphonycometh
I also have to ask if generalisation for a Race means racism automatically.
smellati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 smellati
Member since 2003 • 288 Posts

I work at bestbuy and I would say that it is by far the most unprofessional place I have ever worked. thats why I work there. its a pretty kick back job most of the time, but the unprofessionalism has its share of negatives.

racism is stupid no doubt, but I get really ticked off when a customers accuse me of racism simply cause they dont get there way. your situation was clearly way over the line. I cant believe the employee would be brave enough to just say it so bluntly. You could have easily got him/her fired.

immikeulate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 immikeulate
Member since 2004 • 350 Posts

Dude, you should raised hell man. You would of gotten the PS3 for free.Mcortijo01

Or a least a sweet discount.