Mouse & Keyboard use in PS3 FPS games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RogueFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RogueFish
Member since 2006 • 54 Posts

I'm considering getting a PS3, and the biggest selling point to me is the mouse and keyboard support. I'm hoping that I can use the mouse/keyboard combo in FPS games. I used to play a lot of FPS games on the PC, now I can't afford the PC upgrades to keep up with the games. I tried some FPS games on PS2 but I never get used to using the joystick.

I haven't heard a lot of discussions on mouse/keyboard use on PS3. Does the current FPS games in PS3 support mouse & keyboard? Will future games support them? Anybody knows?

jl_m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 jl_m
Member since 2005 • 214 Posts
the only thing i know is that resistance doesn't suppurt mouse/keybord

azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 azzezino
Member since 2002 • 4570 Posts
I don't think it's possible now, but maybe later with a firmware update it could be done. I doubt it, but who knows, right?
cbalas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 cbalas
Member since 2005 • 268 Posts
I haven't heard such a thing and I don't think it will be possible without firmware update, atleast for Resistance
rudols

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rudols
Member since 2003 • 119 Posts

I'm considering getting a PS3, and the biggest selling point to me is the mouse and keyboard support. I'm hoping that I can use the mouse/keyboard combo in FPS games. I used to play a lot of FPS games on the PC, now I can't afford the PC upgrades to keep up with the games. I tried some FPS games on PS2 but I never get used to using the joystick.

I haven't heard a lot of discussions on mouse/keyboard use on PS3. Does the current FPS games in PS3 support mouse & keyboard? Will future games support them? Anybody knows?

RogueFish
Agree PS3 games need to support mouse and keyboard
Cory_t_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Cory_t_
Member since 2004 • 445 Posts
I don't think it's possible now, but maybe later with a firmware update it could be done. I doubt it, but who knows, right?azzezino
For those who say that the game actually has to have support for the combo, I say no. This could work with a firmware upgrade with a controller emulator running in the background, mapping key presses to controller buttons.
Thigeic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 Thigeic
Member since 2004 • 1083 Posts
I doubt it would be to hard for Sony to make that work, but th question is if thay would agree to move that far away from the concept of consol gaming, and ofcourse that would make it unfair for other players online, since it would force some players to go get a keyboard and mouse to be abel to play as good as others. It wouldent bother me tho, since i would suport that. But i guess others wouldent agree to much, who likes the controlers insted of a keyboard/mouse. You might think everyone should have a choice, but since it would give other players a unfair advantage i dont think it will happend anytime soon
theburg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 theburg
Member since 2005 • 976 Posts
Mouse and keyboard for consoles would be a disaster. A lot of devs are, thankfully, against this and its ultimately up to them, not sony, if it happens. If you want mouse and keyboard thats what a PC is for. I dont want to sit at a desk to play a console.
RogueFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RogueFish

Bummer...  I had really hoped I PS3 could replace my old and dying PC for playing FPS games. One can only play the original Counter-Strike for so long. Even BattleField 1942 stutters on my PC.

Thanks for the info and opinions. At least I can keep my expectations in check.

So what does PS3 use the keyboard/mouse for? Is it only for the web browser?

Avatar image for SquirrelMaster-
SquirrelMaster-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 SquirrelMaster-
Member since 2006 • 2020 Posts
Why would you want to ruin console games with mouse and key board support?  Like seriously, that would suck nads extremely.  The controller takes a lot more skill then the mouse and key board, I'm  a big PC FPS gamer myself but I would very much like there to be a boarder between PC and Console FPS.  
Osama_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Osama_Ali
Member since 2006 • 188 Posts
they shouldnt allow this because its gonna create an unfair advantage..just keep it simple
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts
I Heard UT 2007 was going to do this because it gives you the option to play against PC gamers who also have UT 2007, but this is just a rumor I heard.
-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
if you want to play FPS's with a crappy keyboard and mouse then go use your pc, i hope to god they never make any of the future ps3 fps's keyboard and mouse supportable
mindworm22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mindworm22
Member since 2006 • 355 Posts
I would KILL anyone with a controller if I had a keyboard and mouse to use against them in a FPS. It's so superior it's sickening. Anyone who thinks they need a deliniation between the PC and PS3 in this fashion is just being a stick in the proverbial mud. PS3 + keyboard and mouse + FPS = one happy me
Maxpowers_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Maxpowers_32
Member since 2006 • 995 Posts
if you want to play FPS's with a crappy keyboard and mouse then go use your pc, i hope to god they never make any of the future ps3 fps's keyboard and mouse supportable-DirtySanchez-
I don't understand why you care what controller someone else uses. It would make fps and rts games much more accessible and is the best way to play these games. Why do you want to deprive people of the ability to enjoy their games? What good is the latest graphics and AI if you can't move and aim?
-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -DirtySanchez-
[QUOTE="-DirtySanchez-"]if you want to play FPS's with a crappy keyboard and mouse then go use your pc, i hope to god they never make any of the future ps3 fps's keyboard and mouse supportableMaxpowers_32
I don't understand why you care what controller someone else uses. It would make fps and rts games much more accessible and is the best way to play these games. Why do you want to deprive people of the ability to enjoy their games? What good is the latest graphics and AI if you can't move and aim?

but you can move and aim, i have never had a problem with usein a controller for a FPS, if you get your kicks by usein a keyboard and mouse then stick to the place that uses them the pc, theres no need for them in console gamein
Maxpowers_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Maxpowers_32
[QUOTE="Maxpowers_32"][QUOTE="-DirtySanchez-"]if you want to play FPS's with a crappy keyboard and mouse then go use your pc, i hope to god they never make any of the future ps3 fps's keyboard and mouse supportable-DirtySanchez-

but you can move and aim, i have never had a problem with usein a controller for a FPS, if you get your kicks by usein a keyboard and mouse then stick to the place that uses them the pc, theres no need for them in console gamein

Why not? I use a gamepad when playing some games on the pc. Why can't I play a FPS on the playstation 3 with the same controls I've used my whole life for them? If you want to use the gamepad, go ahead. I want to use a keyboard and mouse, as I don't enjoy fps games with the controller, as I can't control my character properly.
bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 bigblunt537
Member since 2003 • 6907 Posts

ima huge sony fan and i just havent had a chance to get my hands on a ps3 but anyway doesnt that eman sony lied i rememebr them saying at e3 05 that the ps3 would have mouse and keyboard support for gaming which if it does for future games you guys have to stop biching if you dont like it then use keyboard and mosue to and i dont think tis unfair if your very good wit a controller you would kill people with mouse and keyboard so stop complaining its the same sh!t so i honestly dont care what happens but it would be cool to have though

RogueFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RogueFish

Wow, I didn't know that people have very strong opinions against the idea of using mouse/keyboard in PS3 or any console.

Isn't it about time that consoles start supporting a variety of input devices, though? I was really excited when I saw that PS3 has mouse/keyboard settings on its menu.

BaconB1ts123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 BaconB1ts123
Member since 2006 • 1294 Posts
[QUOTE="azzezino"]I don't think it's possible now, but maybe later with a firmware update it could be done. I doubt it, but who knows, right?Cory_t_
For those who say that the game actually has to have support for the combo, I say no. This could work with a firmware upgrade with a controller emulator running in the background, mapping key presses to controller buttons.

That is true but it would not work as good probably. I tried the adapter for xbox and while it did work, it did not work that well. could have been something to do with auto aim but....
-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 -DirtySanchez-
[QUOTE="-DirtySanchez-"][QUOTE="Maxpowers_32"][QUOTE="-DirtySanchez-"]if you want to play FPS's with a crappy keyboard and mouse then go use your pc, i hope to god they never make any of the future ps3 fps's keyboard and mouse supportableMaxpowers_32

Why not? I use a gamepad when playing some games on the pc. Why can't I play a FPS on the playstation 3 with the same controls I've used my whole life for them? If you want to use the gamepad, go ahead. I want to use a keyboard and mouse, as I don't enjoy fps games with the controller, as I can't control my character properly.

but theres absolutly nothin wrong with the control on a controler, as ive said if you prefer to use a keyboard and mouse then stick to the system that uses them, a console has no use for a keyboard and mouse when playin a game
mushi799

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mushi799
Member since 2006 • 1163 Posts

RogueFish
i heard logitech is making a mouse + keyboard for the ps3
Avatar image for SquirrelMaster-
SquirrelMaster-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SquirrelMaster-
Member since 2006 • 2020 Posts
If a PS3 game and PC game were on the same servers then I would be fine with it but if PCs are not aloud then lets keep the controls.  The consoles are my only sanctuary towards not slouching over some little table when I could have a more relaxed possistion, so what the controles are a little different, I love controllers for their conferable feel even if it is not as precise as a mouse.  I'm just saying that something that takes considerable more skill should be implemented not revamped.
mushi799

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mushi799
Member since 2006 • 1163 Posts
If a PS3 game and PC game were on the same servers then I would be fine with it but if PCs are not aloud then lets keep the controls. The consoles are my only sanctuary towards not slouching over some little table when I could have a more relaxed possistion, so what the controles are a little different, I love controllers for their conferable feel even if it is not as precise as a mouse. I'm just saying that something that takes considerable more skill should be implemented not revamped.SquirrelMaster-
PC vs ps3 server will be interesting, IMO ps3 players are going to get slaughter if they use their controllers.
PoOkYX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PoOkYX
Member since 2003 • 3122 Posts

RogueFish

you can use a mouse and keyboard with ps3 thats why it has usb ports....

its confirmed in the december playstation magazine

heres what the article says under OTHER PERIPHERALS

from Playstation Mag page 57 dec 2006:

Sincethe PS2 and the PS3 both use USB ports, you're probably wondering if any of your PS2 USB
devices will work on Playstation 3. The answer is yes. The EyeToy is completely compatible with the PS3 and wil be used for video
chatting. USB devices, such as a keyboard and a mouse, can also be used as long as they're both standard -- a mouse or keyboard
with fancy features that you wouldn't typically find on such devices probably won't work properly. The same applies to headsets and microphones.

whoady4shoady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 whoady4shoady
Member since 2006 • 674 Posts
Mouse and keyboard for consoles would be a disaster. A lot of devs are, thankfully, against this and its ultimately up to them, not sony, if it happens. If you want mouse and keyboard thats what a PC is for. I dont want to sit at a desk to play a console.theburg

Totally agree. Thats why I hate PC gaming.
Maxpowers_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Maxpowers_32
[QUOTE="Maxpowers_32"][QUOTE="-DirtySanchez-"][QUOTE="Maxpowers_32"][QUOTE="-DirtySanchez-"]if you want to play FPS's with a crappy keyboard and mouse then go use your pc, i hope to god they never make any of the future ps3 fps's keyboard and mouse supportable-DirtySanchez-

but theres absolutly nothin wrong with the control on a controler, as ive said if you prefer to use a keyboard and mouse then stick to the system that uses them, a console has no use for a keyboard and mouse when playin a game

There is something wrong with the control on a controller, which is why people want to use a keyboard and mouse. The keyboard and mouse is much easier to control, and makes the game much more fun and accessible for a lot of people. The PC lets you use wheels, footpedals, joysticks, gamepad controllers, keyboards, mouse, and there is even a golf game with a little club. Why can't consoles give you the same kind of choice you have with a pc? No one is forcing you to use the keyboard and mouse, you can use the regular controller if you want. Maybe you and other people prefer the controller, whereas I and some other people prefer the keyboard and mouse. You said there is nothing wrong with the controller, so what do you care what other people use? No one is forcing you to control the game in any way. If you want to use a controller with a PC FPS go ahead, I don't care what you use. Why doesn't a console have a use for a keyboard and mouse when playing a game, when its the preferred setup for certain people with certain games? Are you going to spy on me playing a console game with a keyboard and mouse and then get upset? I don't understand how what I control the game with has any impact whatsoever on anyone else. The game will still be made the same way.
RogueFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 RogueFish

So, looking at the opinions for and against supporting mouse/keyboard in FPS games, I think all are in agreement that the mouse/keyboard combo provides the most accurate control.

People against the idea have these reasons:

1. Using keyboard/mouse doesn't allow you to play the games in a relaxed position.

2. They don't want to compete online with people using mouse/keyboard, and it's because if people start using mouse/keyboard, then they'd be forced to use it too in order to keep up. Which would suck because now you can't slouch on your sofa.

I subscribe to PC Gamer, and from time to time they slam on console gaming. The biggest complaint/excuse PC Gamer uses is how gaming on PC with mouse/keyboard provides the best control for RTS/FPS, and how consoles don't have this kind of control finesse. I'm not against PC gaming, mind you, I just can't afford to keep up with upgrading my PC, where a decent video card costs upwards of $500. I'm more willing to put up $600 for a PS3 and put up the rest of my money on a big screen TV. At least the combination should last more than 3-years.

Does it take more skill to use the PS3 controller in FPS than a mouse/keyboard? Absolutely! I know I won't last long in an online game if I use a PS3 controller, I totally suck at it. But that's like saying that it takes more skill to hit a target at 200 yards with an M1-Garand than with a modern sniper rifle. But is that a reason to keep using an M1-Garand, when you know that you could have used a better rifle? I personally wouldn't find it very fun.

akuya32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 akuya32
Member since 2006 • 1166 Posts
ehh, i don't care either way. If they want to let people use keyboard and mouse then so be it. The PS3 is suppose to be everything to therefore, the ps3 should have that option. Again I don't care what people use as long as the PS# has some great games to play I will be happy.
eldanon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 eldanon
Member since 2002 • 746 Posts

No thank you, keep that with PCs. I used to be a PC gamer as well and of course mouse/keyboard control for a shooter works better than a controller. However, you're going to force anyone who wants to stay competitive to use keyboard/mouse as well.

I don't want to sit on my nice couch in front of a big HDTV with a freakin' keyboard in my lap. No thank you. To those who say that people wouldn't be forced to switch to keyboard/mouse - you're fooling yourself. You'd be forced if you want to stay competitive at all.

Most likely PS3 will go same route as other consoles - support for keyboard/mouse for communication in games only, not for control.

SteelRush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SteelRush
Member since 2003 • 34 Posts
I see so many console junkies who don't want to see mouse and keyboard because they know it affords and advantage.  So following that logic, let's take out steering wheel support for racing games, and joystick support for flight games, as they afford an unfair advantage.

All this crap about it requiring more skill to use a controller is simply that, crap.  It's a more difficult form of control for the genre.  PC gaming is extremely expensive to keep up with, so quit telling PC gamers to stay on the PC unless you'd like to loan us $500 a year for upgrades.

All that is required to make EVERYONE happy, is to segregate the crowds online.  It would let the PC migraters have their beloved control method, and would keep console junkies from getting owned.  Maybe make it a server preference so there could be mixed and segregated servers.  Offline, who cares how you control the game?  Let people play how they want to play.
RogueFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 RogueFish

Well said, SteelRush. I like the idea of segregating the crowd.

BTW, can someone tell me what the keyboard/mouse in PS3 is currently used for?

BaconB1ts123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 BaconB1ts123
Member since 2006 • 1294 Posts
Segregating would be cool expecially if there was also a mixed area where you could use either. Right now the support is for every thing but games.
PS3OwnsYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PS3OwnsYou
Member since 2005 • 3652 Posts
Keyboard and Mouse is needed for me to play FPS's i realy just cannot use controllers, I think UT2K7 will have KB+M support.
recce5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 recce5
Member since 2006 • 207 Posts
[QUOTE="RogueFish"]

PoOkYX

you can use a mouse and keyboard with ps3 thats why it has usb ports....

its confirmed in the december playstation magazine

heres what the article says under OTHER PERIPHERALS

from Playstation Mag page 57 dec 2006:

Sincethe PS2 and the PS3 both use USB ports, you're probably wondering if any of your PS2 USB
devices will work on Playstation 3. The answer is yes. The EyeToy is completely compatible with the PS3 and wil be used for video
chatting. USB devices, such as a keyboard and a mouse, can also be used as long as they're both standard -- a mouse or keyboard
with fancy features that you wouldn't typically find on such devices probably won't work properly. The same applies to headsets and microphones.

The PS3 itself definitely recognises a standard keyboard and mouse when they're plugged in and you can use them to enter text and browse internet etc. However, to get support from individual games, the game developers need to cater for these additional input devices in addition to the standard sixaxis joypad.
whoady4shoady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 whoady4shoady
[QUOTE="-DirtySanchez-"][QUOTE="Maxpowers_32"][QUOTE="-DirtySanchez-"][QUOTE="Maxpowers_32"][QUOTE="-DirtySanchez-"]if you want to play FPS's with a crappy keyboard and mouse then go use your pc, i hope to god they never make any of the future ps3 fps's keyboard and mouse supportableMaxpowers_32

There is something wrong with the control on a controller, which is why people want to use a keyboard and mouse. The keyboard and mouse is much easier to control, and makes the game much more fun and accessible for a lot of people. The PC lets you use wheels, footpedals, joysticks, gamepad controllers, keyboards, mouse, and there is even a golf game with a little club. Why can't consoles give you the same kind of choice you have with a pc? No one is forcing you to use the keyboard and mouse, you can use the regular controller if you want. Maybe you and other people prefer the controller, whereas I and some other people prefer the keyboard and mouse. You said there is nothing wrong with the controller, so what do you care what other people use? No one is forcing you to control the game in any way. If you want to use a controller with a PC FPS go ahead, I don't care what you use. Why doesn't a console have a use for a keyboard and mouse when playing a game, when its the preferred setup for certain people with certain games? Are you going to spy on me playing a console game with a keyboard and mouse and then get upset? I don't understand how what I control the game with has any impact whatsoever on anyone else. The game will still be made the same way.

I buy consoles, cause I dont want to have to set the mouse and keyboard down on a desk or table top, and lean over it. I find it uncomfortable and tedious. I buy games to enjoy and relax, not to be uncomfortable. Stick to a computer if you want this type of control. Also, It would not be fair if you used a mouse, and I used a controller, we all know what would happen.
whoady4shoady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 whoady4shoady
I see so many console junkies who don't want to see mouse and keyboard because they know it affords and advantage. So following that logic, let's take out steering wheel support for racing games, and joystick support for flight games, as they afford an unfair advantage.

All this crap about it requiring more skill to use a controller is simply that, crap. It's a more difficult form of control for the genre. PC gaming is extremely expensive to keep up with, so quit telling PC gamers to stay on the PC unless you'd like to loan us $500 a year for upgrades.

All that is required to make EVERYONE happy, is to segregate the crowds online. It would let the PC migraters have their beloved control method, and would keep console junkies from getting owned. Maybe make it a server preference so there could be mixed and segregated servers. Offline, who cares how you control the game? Let people play how they want to play.
SteelRush

I dont use either one of those for the reason I stated for the mouse and keyboard, so take that argument and shove it. I dont want to have to set something up on a desk or tabletop to enjoy a game.
Avatar image for SicsStringFreak
SicsStringFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SicsStringFreak
Member since 2003 • 1679 Posts
[QUOTE="azzezino"]I don't think it's possible now, but maybe later with a firmware update it could be done. I doubt it, but who knows, right?Cory_t_

yeah i know , the magic of firmware, hell look at MS they know all about that, and are good at it too.
whoady4shoady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 whoady4shoady
[QUOTE="Cory_t_"][QUOTE="azzezino"]I don't think it's possible now, but maybe later with a firmware update it could be done. I doubt it, but who knows, right?SicsStringFreak

yeah i know , the magic of firmware, hell look at MS they know all about that, and are good at it too.

Your right about that one.
SicsStringFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SicsStringFreak
[QUOTE="Maxpowers_32"][QUOTE="-DirtySanchez-"][QUOTE="Maxpowers_32"][QUOTE="-DirtySanchez-"][QUOTE="Maxpowers_32"][QUOTE="-DirtySanchez-"]if you want to play FPS's with a crappy keyboard and mouse then go use your pc, i hope to god they never make any of the future ps3 fps's keyboard and mouse supportablewhoady4shoady

I buy consoles, cause I dont want to have to set the mouse and keyboard down on a desk or table top, and lean over it. I find it uncomfortable and tedious. I buy games to enjoy and relax, not to be uncomfortable. Stick to a computer if you want this type of control. Also, It would not be fair if you used a mouse, and I used a controller, we all know what would happen.

actually that is a myth, a mouse and keyboard are not generally faster. only to certian individual, they both have pros and cons. and neither has anything substantially better going for it, the controller or a mouse and keyboard, is only preference, to think that one person with one would beat the other person with the opposite is not only dumb but very closed minded.
joevfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 joevfx
Member since 2004 • 978 Posts
Whats the matte DirtySanchez, you scared all the REAL FPS gamers are gonna migrate over to the console and show you how to really play? i cant wait till they ad mouse and WASD support, then you will see how an FPS is supposed to be played
whoady4shoady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 whoady4shoady
[QUOTE="whoady4shoady"][QUOTE="Maxpowers_32"][QUOTE="-DirtySanchez-"][QUOTE="Maxpowers_32"][QUOTE="-DirtySanchez-"][QUOTE="Maxpowers_32"][QUOTE="-DirtySanchez-"]if you want to play FPS's with a crappy keyboard and mouse then go use your pc, i hope to god they never make any of the future ps3 fps's keyboard and mouse supportableSicsStringFreak

actually that is a myth, a mouse and keyboard are not generally faster. only to certian individual, they both have pros and cons. and neither has anything substantially better going for it, the controller or a mouse and keyboard, is only preference, to think that one person with one would beat the other person with the opposite is not only dumb but very closed minded.

Your kidding right. Its simple as hell to get headshots with a mouse and keyboard compared to a controller.
SicsStringFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SicsStringFreak
[QUOTE="whoady4shoady"][QUOTE="Maxpowers_32"][QUOTE="-DirtySanchez-"][QUOTE="Maxpowers_32"][QUOTE="-DirtySanchez-"][QUOTE="Maxpowers_32"][QUOTE="-DirtySanchez-"]if you want to play FPS's with a crappy keyboard and mouse then go use your pc, i hope to god they never make any of the future ps3 fps's keyboard and mouse supportableSicsStringFreak

and having an option for the mouse and keyboard play is comming for both ps3 and 360, and would be a good option. but i dont think it would be for all games, but that goes without saying. because C&C 3 is comming to the 360 and i hope they put usb mouse support in a firmware update. 360 already has usb keyboard support.
-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 -DirtySanchez-
[QUOTE="-DirtySanchez-"][QUOTE="Maxpowers_32"][QUOTE="-DirtySanchez-"][QUOTE="Maxpowers_32"][QUOTE="-DirtySanchez-"]if you want to play FPS's with a crappy keyboard and mouse then go use your pc, i hope to god they never make any of the future ps3 fps's keyboard and mouse supportableMaxpowers_32

a keyboard and mouse is just so unnatural for shootin, its jsut wrong and a waste of time to be used on the ps3, you want a mouse and keyboard stick to the pc, you dont see me tryin to come over to your system and make changes for my greedy self do you?, you dont liek the controllor then dont use a console
SicsStringFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SicsStringFreak
[QUOTE="Maxpowers_32"][QUOTE="-DirtySanchez-"][QUOTE="Maxpowers_32"][QUOTE="-DirtySanchez-"][QUOTE="Maxpowers_32"][QUOTE="-DirtySanchez-"]if you want to play FPS's with a crappy keyboard and mouse then go use your pc, i hope to god they never make any of the future ps3 fps's keyboard and mouse supportable-DirtySanchez-

a keyboard and mouse is just so unnatural for shootin, its jsut wrong and a waste of time to be used on the ps3, you want a mouse and keyboard stick to the pc, you dont see me tryin to come over to your system and make changes for my greedy self do you?, you dont liek the controllor then dont use a console

your theory makes no sense as where, their are controllers for pc gamming, not to mention using the 360 controller on pcs to game as well.
-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 -DirtySanchez-
[QUOTE="-DirtySanchez-"][QUOTE="Maxpowers_32"][QUOTE="-DirtySanchez-"][QUOTE="Maxpowers_32"][QUOTE="-DirtySanchez-"][QUOTE="Maxpowers_32"][QUOTE="-DirtySanchez-"]if you want to play FPS's with a crappy keyboard and mouse then go use your pc, i hope to god they never make any of the future ps3 fps's keyboard and mouse supportableSicsStringFreak

your theory makes no sense as where, their are controllers for pc gamming, not to mention using the 360 controller on pcs to game as well.

i dont have a theory i have an opinion, i never said their arnt controllors for the pc, all im sayin is you dont see my comein to your stuff tryin to make changes
whoady4shoady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 whoady4shoady
[QUOTE="whoady4shoady"][QUOTE="SicsStringFreak"][QUOTE="whoady4shoady"][QUOTE="Maxpowers_32"][QUOTE="-DirtySanchez-"][QUOTE="Maxpowers_32"][QUOTE="-DirtySanchez-"][QUOTE="Maxpowers_32"][QUOTE="-DirtySanchez-"]if you want to play FPS's with a crappy keyboard and mouse then go use your pc, i hope to god they never make any of the future ps3 fps's keyboard and mouse supportableSicsStringFreak

Your kidding right. Its simple as hell to get headshots with a mouse and keyboard compared to a controller.

ahh but it is with a controller as well if you have used it long enough. and i have, granted mouse and keyboard is great, but for most of my fps ill stick to the controller. not saying i wont use mouse and keybaord as well,. but prolly not as much. though when it comes to the rts oh hell yeah mouse keyboard hands down.

Ive been playing shooters such as socom and Halo for years, and I am jsut as good as any of the top players out there with aiming with a controller. Ive played with a mouse and KB at a frieds house about a total of 5 times between CSS and Fear. I was instantly better at aiming on a PC. It is simple. Point and click. Dont get me wrong, If they split the games up into 2 groups, Im all for it. I just dont want to get screwed out of enjoying my big screen with a controller.
SicsStringFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SicsStringFreak
look to all of you who think mouse and keyboards control better, its only perception and prefference, same goes for controller junkies as well, man you all want the ones you "prefer" to use to be ultimately better. lol, just like the system wars. lol. its pitiful, and in the end the difference will not be noticiable, only by the ease of use for the ONE person that matters , yourself.  a controller may be better for some as where mouse and keyboard for others. man lol there is a lot of close-minded people in the world today.