Final Fantasy VII Remake DEMAND NOW!!

• 165 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Majin-Vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Majin-Vegeta
Member since 2003 • 884 Posts

Alright,

I AM SICK of not getting a clear answer on this. People want a FF7 remake! there is so much demand but Square never gives us a clear answer. Sometimes they say maybe, sometimes they say no! sometimes they say they are currently too busy! is it too much to say that YES WE WILL MAKE IT? that is all we ask!

They make numerous spin offs and merchandise out of FF7 but they can't give us a remake?! I CALL BS!!

LOOK AT ALL THESE SPIN OFFS. They (Square) say that the developers are busy with other projects. You have all this time to make spin offs but you can't make a Final Fantasy 7 Remake for your FANS? WHO ARE ASKING YOU FOR IT?? HOW MANY PETITIONS HAVE WE SEEN?

And then we have those whiners who complain that if FF7 was remade, the developers would SCREW UP. ROFL thats a laugh. They made Crisis Core, Advent Children, Before Crisis, Dirge of Cerberus. Did people yell that Square screwed up with those titles?! instead all I hear is praise! I hear people applauding for the great art work, the music, the remaking of all the locations in the actual FF7 game. Sorry, but you are clearly unaware of Square's capabilities.

Square CAN remake FF7, and I hope they get this freaking message! because I am sick of sitting around and getting doubtful and different messages!

Sony, you of all corporations should know better. Here you got a PS3 which very few people are buying, you have a console for which people are waiting on games. Why don't you take the damn opportunity and get Square Enix to remake FF7 on the PS3? seriously, what kind of people do you hire in the management? because I think I could do a better job. LISTEN TO YOUR FANS, listen to what the people want, and you will regain all the sales you had on the PS2 and PS1. Go talk to Square! make a freaking remake!!

What I want to do with this thread is SPREAD THIS MESSAGE OUT TO ALL THE FORUMS IN THE WORLD. And I cannot do that alone. BUT! there are FF7 fans everywhere! if we work together and post this same article in every forum in the world, we can make a clear notice to both Square Enix and Sony.

So I ask you, if you have some time to spare, and you are a FF7 fan who wants a remake, copy and paste this article in every forum you can find! its not considered spam, its our way to get Sony and Square to notice that WE WANT A REMAKE! WE WANT IT CONFIRMED NOW!!! no more waiting. It doesn't take a billion dollars to just say YES FF7 REMAKE WILL BE MADE FOR THE PS3. You don't even have to give us a time frame now, JUST CONFIRM IT FOR **** SAKES!

THIS IS WHAT WE WANT!!!

A ****ING REMAKE!

njean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 njean777
Member since 2007 • 3807 Posts
yeah i want a remake to:cry:
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
If they did make a remake, then the PS3 sales would be through the roof, into space, etc.

Avatar image for xoxINSOMNIACxox
xoxINSOMNIACxox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xoxINSOMNIACxox
Member since 2008 • 647 Posts
I have to say the cover for that remake looks good.
xblazinballax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 xblazinballax
Member since 2005 • 174 Posts

i think the whole PS3 board should start a petition an stick it to sqaure! seriously...is it not obvious that everyone wants this remake??? i would pay top (and i mean TOP) dollar for this game.

deathofaninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#6 deathofaninja
Member since 2007 • 2075 Posts

Square knows people want it.Demanding would be pointless,there bigger than you.

xblazinballax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xblazinballax
by the way.. did someone make that boxart or is that some type of concept boxart? its so sick..
Avatar image for xoxINSOMNIACxox
xoxINSOMNIACxox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xoxINSOMNIACxox
Member since 2008 • 647 Posts
And this might be the first THING EVER that will make me fall in line the night before it's release if ever it comes out. And also Final Fantasy VIII & Xenogears will make me do that as well.
1_Hit_Killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 1_Hit_Killer
Member since 2006 • 2458 Posts
I have to say the cover for that remake looks good. xoxINSOMNIACxox
Hahaha just what I was going to say! Also is that white FF7 PSP for sale in the US? Never seen it before, looks pretty cool. And is that Dirge of Cerberus cover a different version of the game or just some artwork made into a cover?
xblazinballax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 xblazinballax
ya ur rite insomniac, final fantasy VIII! IMO the best final fantasy made. :)
alucardio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 alucardio
Member since 2004 • 298 Posts

I fail to see why are you guys so obsessed with the FF7 remake. I mean, FF7 is my favourite game of all time, but c'mon... It's not the great game that it is because of the graphics. It's a great game because of the plot, characters, setting, etc. It never was about graphics. I would start a petition over new rpg games, like the golden age in ps1 when they made great games like Chrono Cross, Xenogears, Vagrant Stories, etc.

Of course if the DID the remake i would only ask that they don't use the character models used on the FF7 movie, instead, i would like more anime-like style for them, like the original game.

alucardio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 alucardio
Member since 2004 • 298 Posts

I fail to see why are you guys so obsessed with the FF7 remake. I mean, FF7 is my favourite game of all time, but c'mon... It's not the great game that it is because of the graphics. It's a great game because of the plot, characters, setting, etc. It never was about graphics. I would start a petition over new rpg games, like the golden age in ps1 when they made great games like Chrono Cross, Xenogears, Vagrant Stories, etc.

Of course if the DID the remake i would only ask that they din't use the character models used on the FF7 movie, instead, i would like more anime-like style for them, like the original game.

Majin-Vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Majin-Vegeta
if u guys want a remake, then we must show the demand. Copy and paste this threaf in other forums. When people start talking about it everywhere, it will hit the gaming news, then people will start interviewing square and bothering them with the question. We can get them to spit it out! we just got to make the effort
Majin-Vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Majin-Vegeta

Of course if the DID the remake i would only ask that they din't use the character models used on the FF7 movie, instead, i would like more anime-like style for them, like the original game.

alucardio

I HATE gamespot, I just lost my **** post. Stupid logins.

Anyways, graphics were important then and are still important now. FF7 had one of the best graphics of its time, and it was the first 3D RPG. It was a huge leap from FF6 to 7. So FF7 as a WHOLE did good, that includes the graphics. FF7 didn't succeed just because of story or characters, the music and graphics played a big role as well.

The better the graphics are, the better more detail the developers can add. They can better convey the imagination they wanted to in the game. If the graphics suck, they are limited to what they actually wanted you to experience. Same goes for music. Back in the old days you were limited to what you could listen to, but now the audio in PS3 is capable of 7.1 Surround. Giving developers the best of technology to give you the best experience possible.

So if you are happy with the original game and can play it, good for you. As for the many of us who did not get a chance to finish FF7 or would like to replay it in modernized fashion, we want a remake.

Azurathe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Azurathe
Member since 2003 • 498 Posts

I seem to be one of the few who would prefer SquEnix putting their resources into something new. FFVII was good, but not all people make it out to be. It wasnt even the best of the series on the psx, nor was it even close to the best RPG.

istylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 istylee
Member since 2007 • 1117 Posts
oh yes i wouldn't mind playing a remake, but i want my XIII and versus first :)
SoyUnPerdedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SoyUnPerdedor
Member since 2006 • 426 Posts

Final Fantasy 7 wasn't very good, and every single spin off was horrible. A remake would make me vomit out of my eyes.

But if I ever want to play Final Fantasy 7, I just pop the disc in. I don't need to carry a torch online for a remake that will never happen.

What's all this "We need a remake for people who never got to play the game" business? Who's stopping you from playing it? If you've got $90, hit up ebay or amazon.com. It's a little expensive, but I guarantee you'll get better results there than you will begging for a remake here.

Who cares if they add super-shiny-graphics? People don't obsess over any Final Fantasy for the graphics, they obsess over the story. This guy's got the right idea...

I fail to see why are you guys so obsessed with the FF7 remake. I mean, FF7 is my favourite game of all time, but c'mon... It's not the great game that it is because of the graphics. It's a great game because of the plot, characters, setting, etc. It never was about graphics. I would start a petition over new rpg games, like the golden age in ps1 when they made great games like Chrono Cross, Xenogears, Vagrant Stories, etc.alucardio

...People liked FF7 back in the day because it was new to them. Screw living in the past, they should make some new games already.

CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 CosmoKing7717
Member since 2004 • 4602 Posts
am i the only one who wants 1) nomura and the whole team to finish their work on ff13 and versus 2) work on the remake when they have free time, i can wait another 4 years for it 3) buy the remake not because of the improved graphics and such, but because i lost my copy of the game when i movedand REALLY want to play it again and dont feel like spending 100 dollars on ebay and the improved graphics are just a plus?
Cyncro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 Cyncro
Member since 2006 • 1065 Posts
I love FFVII to death, and I am one of the biggest FFVII fans, and honestly, I DO NOT WANT A REMAKE. I honestly look at it like this. Final Fantasy VII was a true work of art, and not just in my eyes, but in most other people's eyes to who are true fans of FFVII. If they remade the game, it wouldn't be for "preserving the art." It would be more of a money making scheme on Sony's part. Maybe not to Square, but definitly for Sony. All these spin offs are great! They definitly allow the game to be open to more story and character development. I like the value of FFVII today as a "legendary" game. The remake would definitly be good for sales, but not for preserving the essence of the world of FFVII.
Cyncro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Cyncro

I love FFVII to death, and I am one of the biggest FFVII fans, and honestly, I DO NOT WANT A REMAKE. I honestly look at it like this. Final Fantasy VII was a true work of art, and not just in my eyes, but in most other people's eyes to who are true fans of FFVII. If they remade the game, it wouldn't be for "preserving the art." It would be more of a money making scheme on Sony's part. Maybe not to Square, but definitly for Sony. All these spin offs are great! They definitly allow the game to be open to more story and character development. I like the value of FFVII today as a "legendary" game. The remake would definitly be good for sales, but not for preserving the essence of the world of FFVII.

EDIT: I CANNOT WAIT FOR FFXIII/VERSUS!!!! The game looks amazing. It could be the modern world's FFVII.

LocalGod_TM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LocalGod_TM
Member since 2008 • 176 Posts

hoooolyy... well thats new

and dont feel like spending 100 dollars on ebay CosmoKing7717

wow abusing crisis cores release or what?

i bought a brand new original black label to replace my annihaltated first copy like 5 months ago and i paied 25 $... for original BL not GH... and there was many other just liek it.... and now a greatest hits sealed is going for over 200$

wtf ebay? wtf?

GUNpoint_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GUNpoint_
Member since 2008 • 1964 Posts
you want a clear answer? SE has confirmed there will be no FF7 remake. only if they really need the money. but seeing their upcoming titles and success with Crisis Core, i see no reason for them to work on a remake.
Boy_Make_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Boy_Make_Fire
Member since 2004 • 253 Posts
VII remake... Nah... thanks but nah.... Now if was a remake of VIII we might talk.. But im muh happier that they keep working on XIII to make it great... and then XIV after that......
LtColJaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LtColJaxson
Member since 2005 • 3233 Posts

Remake games are stupid.

Even if they announce they were remaking it, people on these forums would complain how it is not like the original. Trust me, it will be complaining, more complaining, and on top of that - more complaining.

Remakes never work out because people are disappointed that they do not have fun like the original. Just accept the new final fantasy games coming out.

MyzeDivine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MyzeDivine
Member since 2007 • 916 Posts
[QUOTE="alucardio"]

Majin-Vegeta

Anyways, graphics were important then and are still important now. FF7 had one of the best graphics of its time, and it was the first 3D RPG. It was a huge leap from FF6 to 7. So FF7 as a WHOLE did good, that includes the graphics. FF7 didn't succeed just because of story or characters, the music and graphics played a big role as well.

The better the graphics are, the better more detail the developers can add. They can better convey the imagination they wanted to in the game. If the graphics suck, they are limited to what they actually wanted you to experience. Same goes for music. Back in the old days you were limited to what you could listen to, but now the audio in PS3 is capable of 7.1 Surround. Giving developers the best of technology to give you the best experience possible.

So if you are happy with the original game and can play it, good for you. As for the many of us who did not get a chance to finish FF7 or would like to replay it in modernized fashion, we want a remake.

This post is EXACTLY why I hope they never remake the game beyond rereleasing it for PSN. People like you that seem to think a game is made so much better by graphics. If you can't enjoy FFVII as it is on the ps1, you don't deserve FFVII, period.

The term "graphic whore" was made up for people that shove graphics to the front of the line and make it the most important aspect of the game. FFVII looked great at the time, but the story and gameplay were still far more important.

I seriously wonder if all these graphic-whores would make 3-4 threads per day about a remake if they never made that tech demo. Where will it end? After they remake FFVII > "We demand a remake of FFVIII" or "We demand a remake of FFX" in a few years. So, in other words, they drop all their projects to remake games that were already great in the first place simply because small minded people can't play a game that doesn't look "purty."

As for all the spin-offs. Dirge of Cerberus was below average, at best. Before Crisis was a mobile phone game, so unless you live in Japan, you wouldn't have played it, and that's not even mentioning apparently it wasn't any good either. Advent Children wasn't a game (although that would be interesting). Crisis Core is really the only spin-off game that was any good.

Maybe I'm in the minority, and maybe I'm the only one that prefers games I haven't played before to ones I have. I will be the first to admit I would buy a remake, however, I will also say I would 10x more rather have a new title. If they want to "waste" their time on a remake simply because some people think it needs a graphics overhaul, they should redo FFVI. It's a better game. Or even Xenogears, my favorite game of all time. Even those two, however, I don't want to see remade because that would mean they are diverting resources from their major NEW titles.

This is also beside the point. Squenix is not gonna make the game because a bunch of people feel they should. They KNOW people want it, and they know it's a cash-cow waiting to happen. They also know to save it for if somehow one of their major titles bombs and they take a big hit in their cash flow. They have said the remake is possible, that should be good enough for most of you. They will make it when they want/need to, not when you say they need to.

Cyncro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Cyncro
[QUOTE="Majin-Vegeta"][QUOTE="alucardio"]

MyzeDivine

This post is EXACTLY why I hope they never remake the game beyond rereleasing it for PSN. People like you that seem to think a game is made so much better by graphics. If you can't enjoy FFVII as it is on the ps1, you don't deserve FFVII, period.

The term "graphic whore" was made up for people that shove graphics to the front of the line and make it the most important aspect of the game. FFVII looked great at the time, but the story and gameplay were still far more important.

I seriously wonder if all these graphic-whores would make 3-4 threads per day about a remake if they never made that tech demo. Where will it end? After they remake FFVII > "We demand a remake of FFVIII" or "We demand a remake of FFX" in a few years. So, in other words, they drop all their projects to remake games that were already great in the first place simply because small minded people can't play a game that doesn't look "purty."

As for all the spin-offs. Dirge of Cerberus was below average, at best. Before Crisis was a mobile phone game, so unless you live in Japan, you wouldn't have played it, and that's not even mentioning apparently it wasn't any good either. Advent Children wasn't a game (although that would be interesting). Crisis Core is really the only spin-off game that was any good.

Maybe I'm in the minority, and maybe I'm the only one that prefers games I haven't played before to ones I have. I will be the first to admit I would buy a remake, however, I will also say I would 10x more rather have a new title. If they want to "waste" their time on a remake simply because some people think it needs a graphics overhaul, they should redo FFVI. It's a better game. Or even Xenogears, my favorite game of all time. Even those two, however, I don't want to see remade because that would mean they are diverting resources from their major NEW titles.

This is also beside the point. Squenix is not gonna make the game because a bunch of people feel they should. They KNOW people want it, and they know it's a cash-cow waiting to happen. They also know to save it for if somehow one of their major titles bombs and they take a big hit in their cash flow. They have said the remake is possible, that should be good enough for most of you. They will make it when they want/need to, not when you say they need to.

I'm sorry...epic owned. OMFG word kid. word.

pillage05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 pillage05
Member since 2007 • 197 Posts
i'd rather just have 13....as long as it doesn't suck like 12......I doubt a remake of 7 is going to be as magical as you think it is. play the original.
Majin-Vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Majin-Vegeta

I'm sorry...epic owned. OMFG word kid. word.

Cyncro

Zomg rofl I think I am the one who Epic owned your friend there.

Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts

You Forgot

FFVII: Last Order

Majin-Vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Majin-Vegeta

You Forgot

FFVII: Last Order

kenshinhimura16

Oh yea, hehe. Oh wells, who ever wants a FF7 remake, I suggest you copy and paste the 1st post in other forums!

Cyncro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Cyncro

So when in FFVII did 3D graphics mean so much? The graphics for it's time were amazing but the graphics don't need to be redone for the game to be any better then it was back then. Graphics only make the game good to look at. FFVII dosen't need to be great to look at because it came out in 97, not in 2008. It just was great to look at.

The cutscenes and everything would get a huge makeover, as well as the whole game but....the game isn't a realworld move around in third person kind of thing. It's a progress from screen to screen with a set camera angle. You still got epic owned.

HGN_Kevin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 HGN_Kevin
Member since 2007 • 113 Posts
It would be nice if they did do a remake but it will never happen..Besides FF7 will remain one of the greatest games for a long while.
Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts

Why the hate on graphics? Graphics allowed us to see expressions, to see detailed worlds and travel through them as if they were real. Back in the day it was with games as FFVII and VIII, later XII now XIII. Seing the worlds that where in the past given now a much wider detail would be reason enough to play it and to say that graphics DO matter.

Graphics can make a whole lot of deal in a gamer. Yes I just finished playing VII 2 weeks ago to refresh the story for CC, and I realised that I was missing so much due to the graphical lack, which was also the main reason why most of the times you had CGs and flashing items.

Any old FF from IX below to be remade in the new gen would be really possitive, even if they went PSP. We missed a lot from those worlds, and we had to concentrate on core gameplay and story. Even music was lost with the now outdated and crappy midi sound. Now a days, you can have orchestras doing the themes, they could use the Black Mages music for the soundtrack. The world would be so much more detailed and beautiful. We would be amazed by the parts where you have to say "what a beautiful place" as in FFVII the church garden, or in FF VIII the orphanage flower field.

Besides, most of this request lay on the fact that I-VI have been remade, and I, II, III and IV were completely remade with new graphics.

So, people, get off of the "I hate graphics" band wagon. Liking graphics is not being a graphic whore. Crap, even my favorite FF are on the old graphics and I would love to see them with the new graphics. But not because of the graphics only, but because in the past we were limited by technology. Now we are not. Just play FF VII or VIII again and see how clunky the movements look, or how impeeded were the cutscenes.

geimusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 geimusa
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I think they should really consider remaking this GOLDEN TITLE. IMO Final Fantasy VII by far was the best final fantasy in the series. Final Fantasy XII blows, maybe because they joined with ENIX. But I'm still crossing my fingers!
the_crosbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 the_crosbie
Member since 2007 • 740 Posts
since I never played through FF7 the whole way (curse corrupted data!!) i would be quite pleasured if they made a remake
MyzeDivine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MyzeDivine
Member since 2007 • 916 Posts

Wow what ignorance.

Ok, so why do developers and console developing companies waste millions upon millions on graphics? why not go back to the days of TETRIS HUH?

I am not a graphic whore, you are just too ignorant to see the possibilities that graphics have opened to this world. In fact 3D alone has opened more potential for games. Who the **** wants to play side scrollin games? can you imagine EVERY ****ING GAME ON PS3 being SIDE SCROLL? there would be no such thing as FPS. Thats one thing that 3D did, it allowed 360 movement!

Physics, should I even bother explaining? physics help create a realistic world with realistic movement of objects, not just characters but anything else. Imagine a game where all the objects are moveable just like in real life, it opens ENDLESS opportunities for game developers.

Graphics help developers convey their message much better. Why do you think Square Enix uses FMV's? why not just use in-game for the whole damn game? in fact they even use them for FFXIII. Why? because it helps CONVEY THE MESSAGE MUCH MORE CLEARLY. There are things you can do with FMV's that you can't with in-game. And its better to watch something more realistic than it is with in-game.

Its FF7 AS A WHOLE that won the hearts of people, character and story alone didn't do it. All parts of a game are important. Ever played Doom 3? do you know why its so scary? its not the plot, its not the characters. Its the fact that you have realistic lighting and realistic sound that scares the **** out of you, even before you see a monster. Just the sound alone in that game makes you crap your pants. You can't do that without good graphics and audio. You seriously think I would get afraid playing Doom 1? ROFL! I can play that on a 100" screen in a cinema all by myself without getting scared. Try doing that with Doom 3 and I swear its a whole new story.

And if you honestly think graphics are nothing, then why don't you go email Sony and tell Polyphony to stop wasting money making such realistic racing simulation, we don't need those kind of graphics right? just copy paste GT4.

Man are you ignorant, if you don't like this thread, DON'T BOTHER POSTING. I am not asking to argue, I AM CALLING ON PEOPLE WHO LOVE FF7 AND WANT A REMAKE. I REPEAT, I AM ASKING FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT A FF7 REMAKE TO READ THIS THREAD AND SPREAD THE MESSAGE. I don't care if you don't like graphics. Every person in this ****ing earth has different tastes. Don't insult me for mine and I wont insult you for yours you ignorant prick.

Majin-Vegeta

Apparently I struck a nerve. You don't need to stoop to name calling or swearing, it makes your first few paragraphs bereft of the intelligence you tried to convey.

I'll ignore your last paragraph and reply to the first few.

I in no way said graphics weren't important, I said they weren't as important as story and gameplay. A logical step each generation is obviously better graphics, but that does not dictate a game to irrelevance in todays market if it is not up to standards graphically. There is a VAST difference between making a new game with great graphics and remaking a game because people can't see past the graphics and embrace a game for it's real quality.

FFVII drew new fans to the FF series because of graphics (FMVs far more than the gameplay), but most of those didn't love it because they were gawking at how good it looked technically. Here's where I think you go astray a bit even from yourself. You somehow believe the entire experience will expand because of a different look and sound. The major aspects of the game would go unchanged on a graphical/audio remake. Unless, of course, you want them to redo the battle systems, travel methods, mini-games, story, advancement, etc. The problem then is that you run a GREAT risk of taking away from the game, not adding to it. Thus, physics play no role in making the remake superior unless you want them to actually change the game itself. If you don't, then we are back to little more than a graphical overhaul.

Other than the emergence of the FFVII tech demo, I just don't see why FFVII is everyone's holy grail of a remake (just as an fyi, in this post and my last, I wasn't talking specifically to you, TC). I just have to ask those people if they think classics such as Super Mario Bro., or Legend of Zelda (any of them up to OoT), or Chrono Trigger, etc. would be a lot better simply by receiving a face-lift graphically?

Certain games in the past have been made better by remakes. Resident Evil was redone for the Gamecube, and it was better because the ps1 wasn't capable of some of the stuff required for the GC version, but I don't believe the graphics added a whole lot to it. I guess what I should ask is, what would you want changed apart from the graphics? None of these threads have ever explained that, so I have no reason to support them. Maybe give me some examples apart from the graphics and audio upgrades. You say physics, but where do you see them using physics to improve the game? I could see it offering major improvements if there were places where it were useful, but I can't think of any offhand. Now, if they wanted to completely redo the game as an Action RPG, I would consider that, as it would basically be a different game entirely, thus even if it wasn't as good in the end, it wouldn't destroy the original.

I do like the bit about FMVs become real-time, as more and more games are starting to do that nowadays. From what we hear about MGS4 cutscenes, it's amazing how "cool" it is going from a cutscene to live-action.

Again, just want to point out that the spirit of my disagreement with a remake is that I would not want Squenix to spend all their time redoing a game just to make it look better, and that I would be very worried they could harm the title if they were to change more than just the graphics. However, as I pointed out, I have always been open to listening to things, other than graphics, that could be changed so a remake would offer a new experience, not just eye-candy. That is the reason I get tired of posts about remaking FFVII: no one ever offers a reason why (other than graphics, of course).

Don't get angry at my disagreement. I am now requesting suggestions as to what should be changed specifically. For example, the redoing the game as an Action-RPG would be great, and I am able to see myself supporting that. You are asking people who want a remake to come forward, try and help your cause by explaining how you see the remake being developed. Do you see it as the same game with modeling such as the tech demo? Do you see it as a whole new experience and a retelling of the story? Do you see it with major changes to the gameplay to take advantage of the power difference between the generational gap?

Majin-Vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Majin-Vegeta

Apparently I struck a nerve. You don't need to stoop to name calling or swearing, it makes your first few paragraphs bereft of the intelligence you tried to convey.

I'll ignore your last paragraph and reply to the first few.

I in no way said graphics weren't important, I said they weren't as important as story and gameplay. A logical step each generation is obviously better graphics, but that does not dictate a game to irrelevance in todays market if it is not up to standards graphically. There is a VAST difference between making a new game with great graphics and remaking a game because people can't see past the graphics and embrace a game for it's real quality.

FFVII drew new fans to the FF series because of graphics (FMVs far more than the gameplay), but most of those didn't love it because they were gawking at how good it looked technically. Here's where I think you go astray a bit even from yourself. You somehow believe the entire experience will expand because of a different look and sound. The major aspects of the game would go unchanged on a graphical/audio remake. Unless, of course, you want them to redo the battle systems, travel methods, mini-games, story, advancement, etc. The problem then is that you run a GREAT risk of taking away from the game, not adding to it. Thus, physics play no role in making the remake superior unless you want them to actually change the game itself. If you don't, then we are back to little more than a graphical overhaul.

Other than the emergence of the FFVII tech demo, I just don't see why FFVII is everyone's holy grail of a remake (just as an fyi, in this post and my last, I wasn't talking specifically to you, TC). I just have to ask those people if they think classics such as Super Mario Bro., or Legend of Zelda (any of them up to OoT), or Chrono Trigger, etc. would be a lot better simply by receiving a face-lift graphically?

Certain games in the past have been made better by remakes. Resident Evil was redone for the Gamecube, and it was better because the ps1 wasn't capable of some of the stuff required for the GC version, but I don't believe the graphics added a whole lot to it. I guess what I should ask is, what would you want changed apart from the graphics? None of these threads have ever explained that, so I have no reason to support them. Maybe give me some examples apart from the graphics and audio upgrades. You say physics, but where do you see them using physics to improve the game? I could see it offering major improvements if there were places where it were useful, but I can't think of any offhand. Now, if they wanted to completely redo the game as an Action RPG, I would consider that, as it would basically be a different game entirely, thus even if it wasn't as good in the end, it wouldn't destroy the original.

I do like the bit about FMVs become real-time, as more and more games are starting to do that nowadays. From what we hear about MGS4 cutscenes, it's amazing how "cool" it is going from a cutscene to live-action.

Again, just want to point out that the spirit of my disagreement with a remake is that I would not want Squenix to spend all their time redoing a game just to make it look better, and that I would be very worried they could harm the title if they were to change more than just the graphics. However, as I pointed out, I have always been open to listening to things, other than graphics, that could be changed so a remake would offer a new experience, not just eye-candy. That is the reason I get tired of posts about remaking FFVII: no one ever offers a reason why (other than graphics, of course).

Don't get angry at my disagreement. I am now requesting suggestions as to what should be changed specifically. For example, the redoing the game as an Action-RPG would be great, and I am able to see myself supporting that. You are asking people who want a remake to come forward, try and help your cause by explaining how you see the remake being developed. Do you see it as the same game with modeling such as the tech demo? Do you see it as a whole new experience and a retelling of the story? Do you see it with major changes to the gameplay to take advantage of the power difference between the generational gap?

MyzeDivine

Now thats a much better post than your previous one.

Definitely Square will have to make alteration to game play and what not to make it more enjoyable today. Obviously because of the graphics of those times, the game play and what not was different. I won't really make recommendations, I am confident that Square knows how to make games and can remake FF7 without issues. I loved Crisis Core, and a similar battle system is fine with me. But definitely it will be more than just graphics. Altering the graphics alone wont make the game more enjoyable, I think it will make it worse. So I am sure Square will have to make changes to the battle system and the gameplay to make it fun for the modern time. Thats why I do not specify what they should do with the remake, that is up to them, because I have faith that they will do a good job.

Rob_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Rob_101
Member since 2004 • 3291 Posts

I missed out on FFVII and do not want to play old PS1 games so if a remake was made I'll be picking it up instantly, especially since I'm playing through crisis core and will probably really want to play FFVII.

I don't understand why people wouldn't want it remade, don't you have enough FF games to play?! Square doesn't need to be making a new one all the time, they can take some time and remake the best one for those who missed out in it!

Rob_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Rob_101
Member since 2004 • 3291 Posts

I missed out on FFVII and do not want to play old PS1 games so if a remake was made I'll be picking it up instantly, especially since I'm playing through crisis core and will probably really want to play FFVII.

I don't understand why people wouldn't want it remade, don't you have enough FF games to play?! Square doesn't need to be making a new one all the time, they can take some time and remake the best one for those who missed out in it!

Edit: Oh and they should remake chrono cross and chrono trigger :D cause I missed out on those too :(

soal206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 soal206
Member since 2007 • 249 Posts

oh yes i wouldn't mind playing a remake, but i want my XIII and versus first :)istylee

same here

Majin-Vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Majin-Vegeta

[QUOTE="istylee"]oh yes i wouldn't mind playing a remake, but i want my XIII and versus first :)soal206

same here

And thats fine by me. I will wait, as long as FF7 will be remade for PS3, I am happy. FFXIII and VersusXIII will keep me busy.

Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts

Well SE is remaking Final Fantasy IV for the DS and they also remade FF1,2& Tactics for the PSP so I wouldn't be surprised if they remake FF7.

But what I would like to know from the people who want it to be remade,what makes you sure the game will come to the PS3 if it was? wouldn't a company that is competing with the PS3 try to have it for its console?

you know these things happen.

lordmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 lordmt
Member since 2005 • 1067 Posts
yeah i want a remake to:cry:njean777
SnakeLMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SnakeLMR
Member since 2006 • 640 Posts
if they don't make a remake then square-enix are a bunch of idiots.....they would bring in so much cash!!!......and hey...why not a Final Fantasy 8 remake....I liked that one more than 7!!
w7w7w7w7w7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 w7w7w7w7w7
Member since 2006 • 4891 Posts
Quote me on this. "It will never ever happen!"
anewperfectday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 anewperfectday
Member since 2006 • 782 Posts

After reading over many forums and threads + Gamespot forums, about half claimed that they would buy a PS3 instantly if a FFVII remake came out, and I'd hafta agree with the increase on sales part.

If they remade Xenogears + FFVII, I swear I'll cry and take pictures of it.

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#48 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts

You worked hard on that post OP. For that, you get a smiley from Symphonycometh.

8)

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#49 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts

After reading over many forums and threads + Gamespot forums, about half claimed that they would buy a PS3 instantly if a FFVII remake came out, and I'd hafta agree with the increase on sales part.

If they remade Xenogears + FFVII, I swear I'll cry and take pictures of it.

anewperfectday

The part about you crying didn't make you any more/less of a man. Taking pictures of this however...makes you more of a man than me.

choasgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 choasgod
Member since 2005 • 5710 Posts

a FFVII would be great but i want:

Updated graphics
Updated Music ( not new music just re-mastered tracks in 7.1 PCM or DTS-HD MA)
Additional Bosses / Side-quests / Materia
Additional Mini-games with Chocbo racing / breeding expanded ( possibly an online component)
The ability to play FFVII ( orignal PS1 ver. )
Make the world more detailed by making it larger ( eg. double the size of the world map ... which would allow cities / town's on the world map to have size doubled ... giving the world map a better 'feel' to it ...

Ohh and i want FFVI remakes to be released in Australia ( WHY ohh WHY didn't we get it for GBA :(
and a Chono Trigger/ Chrono Cross remake would be great ...

But i also would like SE to make NEW games ie. not just KH3, FFXIII, FFvs. XIII, FF agito XIII but new IP's aswell (don't even care if their multiplayer - just make em new and good )