Final Fantasy VII Remake DEMAND NOW!!

• 165 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kyrissbp82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 kyrissbp82
Member since 2006 • 391 Posts
Lol...I highly doubt that SquEnix reads the Gamespot boards. You guys are wasting your breath. Internet petitions are also a waste of time. A company is not going to invest the time and money to develop a game based on a fanboy petition.
sakuranoame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 sakuranoame
Member since 2006 • 322 Posts

The cover of that fake remake looks almost real... ;)

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#53 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

To be honest, Square Enix doesnt have the time. They're working on spin-offs, FF13 & versus, and another FF title on the PS3. Maybe later down the line, a FF7 remake would be great.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#54 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

I fail to see why are you guys so obsessed with the FF7 remake. I mean, FF7 is my favourite game of all time, but c'mon... It's not the great game that it is because of the graphics. It's a great game because of the plot, characters, setting, etc. It never was about graphics. I would start a petition over new rpg games, like the golden age in ps1 when they made great games like Chrono Cross, Xenogears, Vagrant Stories, etc.

Of course if the DID the remake i would only ask that they din't use the character models used on the FF7 movie, instead, i would like more anime-like style for them, like the original game.

alucardio

Yes, FF7 remake, now.

Muramasa_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Muramasa_Edge
Member since 2004 • 287 Posts

First of all, stop acting like a whiney fanboy and get your act together- you're spouting off there like we can do something qabout it when we clearly can't- Square Enix will make the games they want, because as a Business, they yhave a release strategy in place for the next few years. Think logically, not rashly.

Secondly, if you have any sense you'll play Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII and get the ending, which (Not to give anything away) leaves you straight off at Final Fantasy VII's door with a message asking you to play Final Fantasy VII. Now, I'm no Nostradamus, but I think I see a certain game being released in the near future that matches that description.....

Why? Because Final Fantasy VII is not produced for PSOne anymore.....how can you play Final Fantasy VII as a new gamer without being able to buy it? Simple- Square makes it. Square have done a great thing here with Crisis Core; they've created a simple, almost casual game for a handheld console that doesn't require incredible effort, and have introduced many new players to this game world- many new gamers who would love to see a new game; many new gamers who will pay for said game; many gamers who will buy their inevitable remake of Final Fantasy VII.

It's part of their 'Compilation of Final Fantasy VII' project, that Tetsuya Nomura (General Director and Character Designer Artist.) is overseeing. They have two more movies in the 'Advent Children' series planned, they have more sidegame content planned, they've probably got a new Dirge of Cerberus on the way- trust me, the Final Fantasy VII team in it's entirity (Except for the creator Sakaguchi, who is President of 'Mistwalker' the guys behind Lost Odyssey, and Nobuo Uematsu who runs his own studio now, who may be contracted to do another game if Square want him, which they should if they've any sense.) is working to increase Final Fantasy VII's world setting- it'd be pure madness and bad business for Square not to take the opportunity to rerelease the game that arguably started it all, especially in the West.

They've set us up for it with Crisis Core, now it's just a matter of time before the announcement that every RPG fan on the planet is likely waiting for. Calm down and think it through, you'll realise that it's just a matter of time.

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#56 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
I want a remake, but I think a sequel of the game with Genesis as the main enemy would be great. I would want the original cast back for a sequelas well. Can you imagine Cloud vs Genesis?!
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#57 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

They have two more movies in the 'Advent Children' series planned

Muramasa_Edge

Link?

Muramasa_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Muramasa_Edge

Link?MusashiSensi

No, it's Cloud..... :p J/K

I haven't got one, so don't take it as a ZOMG confirmed fact. I know because Square have the designers signed to a contract for multiple 'Multimedia Projects' which I realise could be the subject of conjecture. Square release business press releases over their site, and I remember reading about the project Advent Children and about the team and terms. From what I know about Square Multimedia tends not to mean games, especially since the Advenrt Children team were a movie team, not a games division. Dispite this, I'm sorry if the wording of my post implied solid fact, it is conjecture on my part based on what I've seen and what I know.

Magusi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Magusi
Member since 2004 • 369 Posts

They will make a remake. What makes people think they are going to stop at ff6?

Also, why are people so against it? You don't need to buy it. Dang purists...

I think Square should add the original to the remake. That way everyone wins.

ElementalEvo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 ElementalEvo
Member since 2003 • 53 Posts

the announcement that every RPG fan on the planet is likely waiting for. Calm down and think it through, you'll realise that it's just a matter of time.

Muramasa_Edge

The man knows what he's talking about. It's inevitable. Business is about making money and if you have an old IP that people would pay rediculously inflated prices for on the internet then then the smart buiness move would be to cut out the middle man and rerelease said IP and make a ****load of money yourself as opposed to letting other people make money that should be in your pockets. Give it time and you WILL see an FFVII remake.

enygma500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 enygma500
Member since 2005 • 3004 Posts
if they remade it and got rid of the materia system there'd be ALOT of pissed off fans, couldn't you just imagine the hyteria on the net it they did.lol . all id want changed is updated graphics, ai, controls(mostly sensetivity to direction),maybe some different animations, and MAYBE selectable difficulty. imagine rudy weapon on a hard difficulty, what an epic fight. if the core game didn't stay the same it would be crap. theyd just need to tweak the things that have steadily updated through the ages. id have no problems paying up to $100 for the game built with ps3 graphics. that is my fav game of all time
enygma500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 enygma500
Member since 2005 • 3004 Posts

They will make a remake. What makes people think they are going to stop at ff6?

Also, why are people so against it? You don't need to buy it. Dang purists...

I think Square should add the original to the remake. That way everyone wins.

Magusi

my god would i be pissed if they remade it and released it on nintendo ds. i think i would murder someone. lol

Impulse_Drive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Impulse_Drive
Member since 2008 • 98 Posts
You never know though, they could anounce a FFVII remake on E3 2008 and surprise everyone just like that tech demo. However, I believe a remake isn't necisary bcuz evn after 11 yeers dis gaem is stil vry poplar n alot of ppl stil play it 2day n dis proves dat ppl play it 4 teh story not teh grafix
AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 AuthenticM
Member since 2007 • 748 Posts
Note to TC: Sony probably asked Square Enix to remake FFVII for the PS3 years before the damn console launched. Don't forget that Square Enix has a project that is financed partly by Sony... and you can bet your ass that it's VII.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts
Good job on the cover
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#66 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

It's only a matter of time bud (TC). Just relax and think rationally, Square Enix is well aware of how much Final Fantasy VII means and they will eventually brings us the remake.

On the other hand I'd love to see Xenogears worked on as well, fantastic game that many folks don't know about. ^_^

siwelcram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 siwelcram
Member since 2008 • 1183 Posts
Always with the FF7. Awesome game no doubt, but I would prefer sequels not remakes. The one game from Square that deserves the HD make over is Vagrant Story not FF7. Go ahead and flame away.
SoyUnPerdedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 SoyUnPerdedor
Member since 2006 • 426 Posts
Why would Square spend a ton of time, effort, and money remaking the game from the ground up, when they could just release a couple of little pissy ff7 spinoffs and make even more money for less work? That strategy has been working really well for them for the past few years. Just throw in Cloud, Sephiroth, and some big swords and people will buy whatever they put out. They don't need to remake ff7 to make a ton of money.
SoyUnPerdedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 SoyUnPerdedor
Why would Square spend a ton of time, effort, and most importantly MONEY remaking the game from the ground up, when they could just release a couple of little pissy ff7 spinoffs and make even more money for less work? That strategy has been working really well for them for the past few years. I mean, that's why they've made so many spinoffs, right? Just throw in Cloud, Sephiroth, and some big swords and people will buy whatever they put out. They don't need to remake ff7 to make a ton of money.
KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#70 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts
I'm so sick of people here whining and complaining about the fact that there hasn't been any announcment from SE about a FFVII Remake. It will eventually come. The Tech Demo and the Crisis Core ending are more than enough proof of it. Will cying about it make it come out any faster? The answer is no. So shut up already about it!!!!!
logan2k_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#71 logan2k_17
Member since 2003 • 163 Posts
i think people want a remake because everything else in the game was already so perfect... we just want better graphics and great voice acting... to add to the perfection
jungernaud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 jungernaud
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I love FF VII, but a remake would just be new graphics(sp?) instead I would love to see a Xenogears remake.
FF6fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 FF6fan
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts
Hasn't there been a petition for it since the PS3 tech demo. And the reasons they come out with spinoffs is because you don't really need all the original creators/developers for it hence the reason why there are many inconsistinencys and flaws in the spinoffs when compared to FF7.
SolidSiems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 SolidSiems
Member since 2005 • 314 Posts

I prefer to remember FFVII the way it was, not for what some younger generation would make it.

No thanks on a remake...

TheCyberKnight

FFVII is what it is...

Super deformed, text dialogue, rendered backgrounds and ect.

I think a remake with, characters looking "real" and spoken lines would hurt the games old charm.

Just look at FF7:AC did it feel like FF7?... not for me.

The remake is a bad idea, great for sales and profit...

But the game and memory of it should stay unchanged.

siwelcram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 siwelcram
Member since 2008 • 1183 Posts

[QUOTE="siwelcram"]Always with the FF7. Awesome game no doubt, but I would prefer sequels not remakes. The one game from Square that deserves the HD make over is Vagrant Story not FF7. Go ahead and flame away.MusashiSensi

Vagrant story sucked!

Then a remake might make it better. How could you not like a zombie minotaur?
Akush47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Akush47
Member since 2005 • 1611 Posts
i want the EFF'IN ff7 to be remade!!!!!!!!! i'll even pay the double for it so those square-nix
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
such anger TC. I like it :P
kingrich06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 110

#78 kingrich06
Member since 2006 • 5403 Posts
thats nice box art
Gabe11cap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Gabe11cap
Member since 2003 • 1796 Posts
I say YAY
lextexrex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 lextexrex
Member since 2003 • 1311 Posts
lol at box art and tech stuff, if only. But, right on!
Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#81 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts

I prefer to remember FFVII the way it was, not for what some younger generation would make it.

No thanks on a remake...

TheCyberKnight

I played it on 99 and I want a remake. I would love to see the Weapons in amazing detail, or fighting them with more detail and a much more acceptable music rather than midi, that was ok for that time, and is ok for handhelds.

TheCyberKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#82 TheCyberKnight
Member since 2003 • 804 Posts

As I've said before (because there have been countless threads on countless sites on this subject), a graphics/sound overhaul would NOT be the only thing to change.

Little "improvements" here and there (other than graphics/sound) would make it a different game. I say "No Thanks" to that. I prefer to remember those (now) horrible polygons and lesser-quality sound. It helps me look forward to the newer technology available for the continuation of the series and appreciate where it came from.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 AuthenticM
Member since 2007 • 748 Posts
I'm telling you: all of these spin-offs we have gotten are all part a sort of marketing campaign. They are making money out of them, and, at the same time, creating a demand for the remake by attracting all kind of new people to the world of VII, not mentioning building some fever in already-existing fans. If a remake of VII were to be released, it would sell more than a million copies on day one.
Muramasa_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Muramasa_Edge

Why would Square spend a ton of time, effort, and most importantly MONEY remaking the game from the ground up, when they could just release a couple of little pissy ff7 spinoffs and make even more money for less work? That strategy has been working really well for them for the past few years. I mean, that's why they've made so many spinoffs, right? Just throw in Cloud, Sephiroth, and some big swords and people will buy whatever they put out. They don't need to remake ff7 to make a ton of money.SoyUnPerdedor

These spinoffs aren't just for the hardcore fans, Square are being extremely smart about this- they're introducing new players to this game world, they're trying to ignite interest among both new and old fans, and then as soon as demand is high enough- POW! The announcement, whatever the capacity, of a remake of FFVII.

Crisis Core didn't say at the end 'Play Final Fantasy VII' just to leave people in the dark- remember, I have to reiterate this; Final Fantasy VII is out of print, it isn't being made anymore- how are players supposed to get their hands on it? Answer? Either a release on PSN, which would be a wasted opportunity, or a re-release that would make one of the most succesful games of all time even more succesful; you have to think in terms of scale here, how many FFVII fans are there out there? Then add to that fans of the Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core games and you're talking lots more.

This won't simply be a game for the hardcore, Square are setting this up to be the most lucerative software move they've ever made, all they need to do is wait, generate the interest and then push the big red button. They've already got the XIII series coming, if they do this right they can and will re-ignite the flame of the Final Fantasy franchise.

Altair69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Altair69
Member since 2007 • 613 Posts

Alright,

I AM SICK of not getting a clear answer on this. People want a FF7 remake! there is so much demand but Square never gives us a clear answer. Sometimes they say maybe, sometimes they say no! sometimes they say they are currently too busy! is it too much to say that YES WE WILL MAKE IT? that is all we ask!

They make numerous spin offs and merchandise out of FF7 but they can't give us a remake?! I CALL BS!!

LOOK AT ALL THESE SPIN OFFS. They (Square) say that the developers are busy with other projects. You have all this time to make spin offs but you can't make a Final Fantasy 7 Remake for your FANS? WHO ARE ASKING YOU FOR IT?? HOW MANY PETITIONS HAVE WE SEEN?

And then we have those whiners who complain that if FF7 was remade, the developers would SCREW UP. ROFL thats a laugh. They made Crisis Core, Advent Children, Before Crisis, Dirge of Cerberus. Did people yell that Square screwed up with those titles?! instead all I hear is praise! I hear people applauding for the great art work, the music, the remaking of all the locations in the actual FF7 game. Sorry, but you are clearly unaware of Square's capabilities.

Square CAN remake FF7, and I hope they get this freaking message! because I am sick of sitting around and getting doubtful and different messages!

Sony, you of all corporations should know better. Here you got a PS3 which very few people are buying, you have a console for which people are waiting on games. Why don't you take the damn opportunity and get Square Enix to remake FF7 on the PS3? seriously, what kind of people do you hire in the management? because I think I could do a better job. LISTEN TO YOUR FANS, listen to what the people want, and you will regain all the sales you had on the PS2 and PS1. Go talk to Square! make a freaking remake!!

What I want to do with this thread is SPREAD THIS MESSAGE OUT TO ALL THE FORUMS IN THE WORLD. And I cannot do that alone. BUT! there are FF7 fans everywhere! if we work together and post this same article in every forum in the world, we can make a clear notice to both Square Enix and Sony.

So I ask you, if you have some time to spare, and you are a FF7 fan who wants a remake, copy and paste this article in every forum you can find! its not considered spam, its our way to get Sony and Square to notice that WE WANT A REMAKE! WE WANT IT CONFIRMED NOW!!! no more waiting. It doesn't take a billion dollars to just say YES FF7 REMAKE WILL BE MADE FOR THE PS3. You don't even have to give us a time frame now, JUST CONFIRM IT FOR **** SAKES!

THIS IS WHAT WE WANT!!!

A ****ING REMAKE!

Majin-Vegeta

it would be great if we could get this to every board.. ff7remake would even outsell mgs4, i want it so badly!! :|

Altair69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Altair69
Member since 2007 • 613 Posts

[QUOTE="SoyUnPerdedor"]Why would Square spend a ton of time, effort, and most importantly MONEY remaking the game from the ground up, when they could just release a couple of little pissy ff7 spinoffs and make even more money for less work? That strategy has been working really well for them for the past few years. I mean, that's why they've made so many spinoffs, right? Just throw in Cloud, Sephiroth, and some big swords and people will buy whatever they put out. They don't need to remake ff7 to make a ton of money.Muramasa_Edge

These spinoffs aren't just for the hardcore fans, Square are being extremely smart about this- they're introducing new players to this game world, they're trying to ignite interest among both new and old fans, and then as soon as demand is high enough- POW! The announcement, whatever the capacity, of a remake of FFVII.

Crisis Core didn't say at the end 'Play Final Fantasy VII' just to leave people in the dark- remember, I have to reiterate this; Final Fantasy VII is out of print, it isn't being made anymore- how are players supposed to get their hands on it? Answer? Either a release on PSN, which would be a wasted opportunity, or a re-release that would make one of the most succesful games of all time even more succesful; you have to think in terms of scale here, how many FFVII fans are there out there? Then add to that fans of the Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core games and you're talking lots more.

This won't simply be a game for the hardcore, Square are setting this up to be the most lucerative software move they've ever made, all they need to do is wait, generate the interest and then push the big red button. They've already got the XIII series coming, if they do this right they can and will re-ignite the flame of the Final Fantasy franchise.

sounds logic what your saying, really hope ur right :)

stolz1975

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 stolz1975
Member since 2005 • 422 Posts
i want it and would pay top dollar for it i dont understand why they wont remake it it would be a cash cow
Muramasa_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Muramasa_Edge
People are acting like they have refused to do it- they simply haven't said they're going to do it- I'd understand if Square released an explicit denial of making the game, however it's neither here nor there on the issue. They haven't said 'No.' they've been very coy, and evaded questions on the subject. Not suprisingly, if they are making it, an announcement would need to be made at E3 or the GDC for the sake of impact.
SoyUnPerdedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 SoyUnPerdedor

[QUOTE="SoyUnPerdedor"]Why would Square spend a ton of time, effort, and most importantly MONEY remaking the game from the ground up, when they could just release a couple of little pissy ff7 spinoffs and make even more money for less work? That strategy has been working really well for them for the past few years. I mean, that's why they've made so many spinoffs, right? Just throw in Cloud, Sephiroth, and some big swords and people will buy whatever they put out. They don't need to remake ff7 to make a ton of money.Muramasa_Edge

They're not gonna re-ignite Final Fantasy by retreading an 11 year old game. Creatively, I mean. To me, that would kill Final Fantasy. It's like they're saying, "Final Fantasy 7 was the only game we ever made that was worth anything, so we're not going to try new things anymore." It already looks like that, but FF is on life support pretty much. A remake would be Square-Enix pulling the plug.

How are they gonna get FF7? The same way you get any old game - used game stores, ebay, friends, whatever. If you really want it, you can get it. You can find it on amazon.com for $90, which is crazy, but $60 for a ps3 game is crazy too. You might as well pony up 30 more bucks.

It would make so much more sense for Square to release it on PSN, I don't see how you can think that's a wasted opportunity. Think about it this way: Square can either hold up production for every other project they're working on, and spend many millions of dollars remaking Final Fantasy 7 for ps3, or they can release it on PSN, where they do NO work, spend NO money, and make 100% profit, because you know tons of people are going to buy it. They can even price-gouge people a little for it. I'm sure everyone would be cool with paying more than the $6 or $8 dollar usual for ps1 games, whatever it is. It's a hell of a lot better than paying $90 online. Hell, throw everything that was on the ps1 - FF 4,5,6,8,9, and Tactics up there, too, make even more free money. This works perfectly for Square and for fans.

I think people just say a remake is a sure thing because they really want it to happen. It's cool if someone thinks that - it COULD happen, but just because FF 7 is popular, it doesn't mean they'll remake it. I'd put my money on more spinoffs. They're easier, cheaper, and guaranteed to make a good profit.

evilross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#90 evilross
Member since 2003 • 2076 Posts

Why on earth would you want Square to waste time doing a remake of a game you've already played and finished? That doesn't make any since to me.

How about instead people ask Square to put a full effort into every aspect of FFXIII from CGI, to battle system, to an epic and explorable world, and breath some real life into the FF franchise, so it can reestablish itself as a real contender among the premier RPGS of today?

And on top of that we can ask that they get moving on releasing info on the Square-unnamed-MMO thats supposed to be coming to the PS3. I'd love to play a quality open world next-gen MMO on my PS3 with a mouse and keyboard from the comfort of my sofa. So whens that coming out? hows if shaping up? is it a FF game?

Anyway, I think this FFVII remake stuff should die. Let it go people. If you want to play FFVII on your PS3, just stick the disc you have in your PS3..... it plays PS1 games you know.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#91 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

I love FFVII to death, and I am one of the biggest FFVII fans, and honestly, I DO NOT WANT A REMAKE. I honestly look at it like this. Final Fantasy VII was a true work of art, and not just in my eyes, but in most other people's eyes to who are true fans of FFVII. If they remade the game, it wouldn't be for "preserving the art." It would be more of a money making scheme on Sony's part. Maybe not to Square, but definitly for Sony. All these spin offs are great! They definitly allow the game to be open to more story and character development. I like the value of FFVII today as a "legendary" game. The remake would definitly be good for sales, but not for preserving the essence of the world of FFVII.Cyncro

i think people DONT CARE when you say that we should "preserve the art"

some of us just want the damn game remade. like me

jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts
Count me in, I never got to play but I love Crisis Core. I just want FFXIII first. VII might seem dated now unless they overhaul everything and it will show its age. I just want them to release FFVII on the PS store and I'll be happy
Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#93 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts
i have FF7 and I finished the game a couple of times and now i can't play it because it kinda old as much as they should remake FF7 they should remake ever freaking FF from 1 to 9, at the very least for the ps2 ( it will obviously takes too much time on the ps3)
Cheshyre9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Cheshyre9
Member since 2007 • 221 Posts

yeah, definitely agree that we need a legit remake and not some crappy spin-offs that no one really cares about.

also, the remake should definitely use that cover (the pic at the bottom the first post).

looks amazing ;)

aznfool07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 aznfool07
Member since 2005 • 3552 Posts
Would be pretty cool if they remade FF7 with an upgraded Crisis Core and a game version of Advent Children all in one or two discs.
rymanharm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 rymanharm
Member since 2006 • 97 Posts
that would be amazing and ps3 needs a good rpg
Flavante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Flavante
Member since 2006 • 724 Posts
[QUOTE="Majin-Vegeta"]

Wow what ignorance.

Ok, so why do developers and console developing companies waste millions upon millions on graphics? why not go back to the days of TETRIS HUH?

I am not a graphic whore, you are just too ignorant to see the possibilities that graphics have opened to this world. In fact 3D alone has opened more potential for games. Who the **** wants to play side scrollin games? can you imagine EVERY ****ING GAME ON PS3 being SIDE SCROLL? there would be no such thing as FPS. Thats one thing that 3D did, it allowed 360 movement!

Physics, should I even bother explaining? physics help create a realistic world with realistic movement of objects, not just characters but anything else. Imagine a game where all the objects are moveable just like in real life, it opens ENDLESS opportunities for game developers.

Graphics help developers convey their message much better. Why do you think Square Enix uses FMV's? why not just use in-game for the whole damn game? in fact they even use them for FFXIII. Why? because it helps CONVEY THE MESSAGE MUCH MORE CLEARLY. There are things you can do with FMV's that you can't with in-game. And its better to watch something more realistic than it is with in-game.

Its FF7 AS A WHOLE that won the hearts of people, character and story alone didn't do it. All parts of a game are important. Ever played Doom 3? do you know why its so scary? its not the plot, its not the characters. Its the fact that you have realistic lighting and realistic sound that scares the **** out of you, even before you see a monster. Just the sound alone in that game makes you crap your pants. You can't do that without good graphics and audio. You seriously think I would get afraid playing Doom 1? ROFL! I can play that on a 100" screen in a cinema all by myself without getting scared. Try doing that with Doom 3 and I swear its a whole new story.

And if you honestly think graphics are nothing, then why don't you go email Sony and tell Polyphony to stop wasting money making such realistic racing simulation, we don't need those kind of graphics right? just copy paste GT4.

Man are you ignorant, if you don't like this thread, DON'T BOTHER POSTING. I am not asking to argue, I AM CALLING ON PEOPLE WHO LOVE FF7 AND WANT A REMAKE. I REPEAT, I AM ASKING FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT A FF7 REMAKE TO READ THIS THREAD AND SPREAD THE MESSAGE. I don't care if you don't like graphics. Every person in this ****ing earth has different tastes. Don't insult me for mine and I wont insult you for yours you ignorant prick.

MyzeDivine

Apparently I struck a nerve. You don't need to stoop to name calling or swearing, it makes your first few paragraphs bereft of the intelligence you tried to convey.

I'll ignore your last paragraph and reply to the first few.

I in no way said graphics weren't important, I said they weren't as important as story and gameplay. A logical step each generation is obviously better graphics, but that does not dictate a game to irrelevance in todays market if it is not up to standards graphically. There is a VAST difference between making a new game with great graphics and remaking a game because people can't see past the graphics and embrace a game for it's real quality.

FFVII drew new fans to the FF series because of graphics (FMVs far more than the gameplay), but most of those didn't love it because they were gawking at how good it looked technically. Here's where I think you go astray a bit even from yourself. You somehow believe the entire experience will expand because of a different look and sound. The major aspects of the game would go unchanged on a graphical/audio remake. Unless, of course, you want them to redo the battle systems, travel methods, mini-games, story, advancement, etc. The problem then is that you run a GREAT risk of taking away from the game, not adding to it. Thus, physics play no role in making the remake superior unless you want them to actually change the game itself. If you don't, then we are back to little more than a graphical overhaul.

Other than the emergence of the FFVII tech demo, I just don't see why FFVII is everyone's holy grail of a remake (just as an fyi, in this post and my last, I wasn't talking specifically to you, TC). I just have to ask those people if they think classics such as Super Mario Bro., or Legend of Zelda (any of them up to OoT), or Chrono Trigger, etc. would be a lot better simply by receiving a face-lift graphically?

Certain games in the past have been made better by remakes. Resident Evil was redone for the Gamecube, and it was better because the ps1 wasn't capable of some of the stuff required for the GC version, but I don't believe the graphics added a whole lot to it. I guess what I should ask is, what would you want changed apart from the graphics? None of these threads have ever explained that, so I have no reason to support them. Maybe give me some examples apart from the graphics and audio upgrades. You say physics, but where do you see them using physics to improve the game? I could see it offering major improvements if there were places where it were useful, but I can't think of any offhand. Now, if they wanted to completely redo the game as an Action RPG, I would consider that, as it would basically be a different game entirely, thus even if it wasn't as good in the end, it wouldn't destroy the original.

I do like the bit about FMVs become real-time, as more and more games are starting to do that nowadays. From what we hear about MGS4 cutscenes, it's amazing how "cool" it is going from a cutscene to live-action.

Again, just want to point out that the spirit of my disagreement with a remake is that I would not want Squenix to spend all their time redoing a game just to make it look better, and that I would be very worried they could harm the title if they were to change more than just the graphics. However, as I pointed out, I have always been open to listening to things, other than graphics, that could be changed so a remake would offer a new experience, not just eye-candy. That is the reason I get tired of posts about remaking FFVII: no one ever offers a reason why (other than graphics, of course).

Don't get angry at my disagreement. I am now requesting suggestions as to what should be changed specifically. For example, the redoing the game as an Action-RPG would be great, and I am able to see myself supporting that. You are asking people who want a remake to come forward, try and help your cause by explaining how you see the remake being developed. Do you see it as the same game with modeling such as the tech demo? Do you see it as a whole new experience and a retelling of the story? Do you see it with major changes to the gameplay to take advantage of the power difference between the generational gap?

Wow if people thought like you the gaming community would be much better. After reading what you wrote, you somehow made me think about the way I see games. I will never see them the way I used too.

Muramasa_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Muramasa_Edge

I'm a Final Fantasy VIII fan.....and I don't like the general fan community for Final Fantasy VII because of the general intense dislike for anything that isn't FFVII (Spirits within, VIII, IX, X.....) however I still would pay alot of money and anticipate greatly a remake of Final Fantasy VII.

Why release a spate of substories and sub-plots to the parent game when the parent game is out of print? Surely the next logical step is to look at the question of Remake or Relaunch? Relaunching this game makes little sense because the game is exceptionally dated for this time, the graphics are tired and show nothing of what the characters feel, and while the static backgrounds and landscapes are of a high standard, they are still just that- static. Also, the storyline was very poorly translated from East to West, and considering how well it done in the West, to not update the game would indeed be a wasted opportunity.

They are already diverting time and energy to the project of 'Compilation of Final Fantasy VII,' Tetsuya Nomura's condition for making these 'Compilation of Final Fantasy VII' games was that the entire Final Fantasy VII team (Minus Sakaguchi, who is President of Mistwalker.) would be assigned to the project- they already have the team together and working on FFVII projects- it's not like they're diverting manpower- they have the team set and ready to go (All they need to do is contract Nobuo Uematsu to the game, who left Square to found his own music production company who have now worked on Final Fantasy Advent Children and Lost Odyssey so far.)

But yes, it's an interesting question (I think we avoided it because that's not what the topic asks.) about what we want, so I'll move off for another topic on that question.....

In short, because I'll go into detail in another topic, I want to see the FFVII world fully realised, the world setting they have begun to bring to life through the recent spate of chronicle games and the action film Advent Children. I want to see and hear those characters without having to minds-eye voices for everyone and without looking at what are essentially featureless Lego Men go through one of the best gaming storylines and worlds ever created.

eklineage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 eklineage
Member since 2008 • 2413 Posts

Personally don't care for a remake. Know alot of other ff series that deserve a remake more than 7. However, it won't make sense that you have all these games that are available right now for FF7 and yet the original game is hard to find or too expensive. FIrst time players for ff7 for crisis core would feel confused how they cannot continue their story. They would have to dish oujt like 90 buks for ps1 game.

W.e think what you will but there are no plans for ff7 remake atm. But they havent denied that they are not going to work on it.

dmc_freak978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 dmc_freak978
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts
I've never played this game before, i only got introduced to the series from FFX and i loved every FF game since, But i will buy this game if they make a remake, The one on PS1 isnt available where i am!