Devil May Cry Boycott reaches '3500 signatures'

• 186 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Redfingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Redfingers
Member since 2005 • 4510 Posts

http://www.psu.com/node/9108

I've gotta be honest, I already signed this thing. Some of you may view this to be somewhat of a sign of hope to us hoping Capcom will "notice" our absolute outrage. It is likely, however, it, as most "online petitions" will die a silent death and Capcom will never realize it and will be completely content to sell several million additional copies over the Xbox 360.

Still, I'm absolutely done with Capcom. Let the sales figures push them if nothing else will. 2 exclusives for none, and one multiplat for our single exclusive. Upsetting. But add that to a business philosophy that makes the troubling assumption that Clover was a bad development studio and should be chastised for caring more about artistic vision than sales numbers, and I am ready to "boycott" any and all Capcom products until they prove to me they can offer me a satisfying gaming experience that transcends this typical "shooter" garbage and change their philosophy towards something gamers can accept.

Basically, if money is the only thing they see, make an impact where it will hurt them...sales figures. Go ahead, join the boycott. It's clearly the only way they will ever listen. 

-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
and 3.500 of those people will still be buyin the game
Serge-Chrono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Serge-Chrono
Member since 2007 • 691 Posts
Lmfao, the people who signed that are so childish and probably haven't thought about that if they don't sell DMC there is no way in hell that they would make a DMC5
Xanog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 Xanog1
Member since 2004 • 12332 Posts

Bah, just because the game went multiplat won't keep me from playing it.

I love DMC, and loved DMC3 even more (DMC2 never happened, just like Snake's Revenge) DMC4 looks to be heading down the right track, and I'm still going to support it.

shady_825

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 shady_825
Member since 2003 • 1000 Posts
This is stupid. I desperately want DMC 4 and the next Resident Evil. I can get them on my PS3. That's what matters to me. Everyone on this petition is insane.
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts

I love DMC, and loved DMC3 even more (DMC2 never happened, just like Snake's Revenge) DMC4 looks to be heading down the right track, and I'm still going to support it.

Xanog1

What sucks is wondering what it could have been with a more focused effort on optimized development for a particular architecture.  Everyone seems to be content with watered down though.

BIGDEE06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BIGDEE06
Member since 2006 • 2322 Posts

3,500 pissed off sony fanboys that will still be buying the game on day 1.

Spartan_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Spartan_Dude
Member since 2007 • 108 Posts
3499 thank you. i wont
Gamefisher86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Gamefisher86
Member since 2004 • 588 Posts
Im number 3817 :) 
ddldave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ddldave
Member since 2006 • 886 Posts
this is online, it's not like people are going over to the capcom building and protest or anything, capcom don't care if it's a online position, this will a die a slow silent death. i'm boycotting by not buying any dmc games anymore, i'm sure some will do the same, if everybody else buy except for me, atleast i'm doing atleast something. i'm just gona buy re5 from capcom and anything else that's good except for dmc
KSD22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KSD22
Member since 2007 • 416 Posts

BIGDEE06
Your nexgenwar numbers are about a million PS3 outdated. Just thought you should know
rickspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rickspin
Member since 2007 • 79 Posts
Or another game for the PS for that matter
Xanog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Xanog1
[QUOTE="Xanog1"]

emitsu97

What sucks is wondering what it could have been with a more focused effort on optimized development for a particular architecture.  Everyone seems to be content with watered down though.

Unlike Ubisoft's, EA's, and Activision's supremenly aweful port-jobs, I have confidence in Capcom being able to make a good game for each platform.

Bethesda has proven (at least in my mind) that it isn't the system, but the developers who lead to us getting bad ports of multiplatform games.

Plus, we had the working code first, which gives us that much longer time in development.

BIGDEE06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BIGDEE06
[QUOTE="BIGDEE06"]

KSD22
Your nexgenwar numbers are about a million PS3 outdated. Just thought you should know

That's nexgenwars problem, not mine.
rickspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rickspin
Member since 2007 • 79 Posts
Or another game for the PS for that matterrickspin
Sorry I meant to quote Serge-Chrono back there
Lmfao, the people who signed that are so childish and probably haven't thought about that if they don't sell DMC there is no way in hell that they would make a DMC5 Sergei-Chrono
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Miguel16
Member since 2004 • 6065 Posts
[QUOTE="Xanog1"]

emitsu97

pretty much...im just concerned at how they can bring a sony game onto a foreign console...why start with 4
Spartan_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Spartan_Dude
Member since 2007 • 108 Posts
Been fun playing your GOOD games Capcom.. not anymore. there is a reason i dont play alot of EA games.
kungfuchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 kungfuchaos
Member since 2004 • 5643 Posts

Sony fanboys are being so friggin childish about this. Look the fact is that this industry is about one thing and one thing only....the almighty $$$!!! The fact also is that at this time the number of 360's in homes worldwide and the number of PS3's in homes worldwide is about 8 to 1 in favor of the 360. Granted, the PS3 has just now gone global, but that gap wont close to the point where these devs can simply ignore the millions upon million of dollars to be made buy supporting all consoles!!!

Im sorry that you are all feeling ripped off or cheated, but we should all be concerned for the industry as a whole. This business cannot live on having one company dominate like the PS2 did last generation. So put aside your petty fanboy atrtitudes and just enjoy the games. The PS3 will still have plenty of great first and second party exclusives!!!

Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Miguel16
[QUOTE="emitsu97"][QUOTE="Xanog1"]

Xanog1

Unlike Ubisoft's, EA's, and Activision's supremenly aweful port-jobs, I have confidence in Capcom being able to make a good game for each platform.

Bethesda has proven (at least in my mind) that it isn't the system, but the developers who lead to us getting bad ports of multiplatform games.

Plus, we had the working code first, which gives us that much longer time in development.

as well as a later launch date considering its a simultaneous launch...o well what do i care anyway..i hate the franchise
BIGDEE06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BIGDEE06
If the PS3 and 360 had the exact same games(excluding 1st party titles), which console would you guys get?
Xanog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Xanog1

Sony fanboys are being so friggin childish about this. Look the fact is that this industry is about one thing and one thing only....the almighty $$$!!! The fact also is that at this time the number of 360's in homes worldwide and the number of PS3's in homes worldwide is about 8 to 1 in favor of the 360. Granted, the PS3 has just now gone global, but that gap wont close to the point where these devs can simply ignore the millions upon million of dollars to be made buy supporting all consoles!!!

Im sorry that you are all feeling ripped off or cheated, but we should all be concerned for the industry as a whole. This business cannot live on having one company dominate like the PS2 did last generation. So put aside your petty fanboy atrtitudes and just enjoy the games. The PS3 will still have plenty of great first and second party exclusives!!!

kungfuchaos

Although much of what you said will quite possibly offend a great deal of people on this board, and maybe lead to them flaming you, I fullheartedly agree with your last sentence.

I myself primarily bought my PS3 for first and second party games. Sure, DMC, MGS, and FF were big reasons too, but I really love Sony's series, like Killzone, Socom, Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, Shadow of The Colossus, Twisted Metal, etc.

All of those developers still make games in co-operation with Sony, and with developers like Factor 5 (one of my favorites), Media Molecule, Game Republic, Ninja Theory, etc. all joining in to add even more, I really couldn't be happier.

Redfingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Redfingers
this is online, it's not like people are going over to the capcom building and protest or anything, capcom don't care if it's a online position, this will a die a slow silent death. i'm boycotting by not buying any dmc games anymore, i'm sure some will do the same, if everybody else buy except for me, atleast i'm doing atleast something. i'm just gona buy re5 from capcom and anything else that's good except for dmcddldave
Me too.
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 emitsu97

kungfuchaos

Multi-plats are developed primarily focused on a "commonality" architecture to minimize work and maximize compatibility. What kind of games do you think we'd get if the Wii is included in the mix? I chose none-at-all over half-assism.

Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Miguel16
If the PS3 and 360 had the exact same games(excluding 1st party titles), which console would you guys get?BIGDEE06
ps3 easily...bluray drive is a plus and i like the controller...nto to mention microsoft doesnt have many first party titles other than halo which i dont like
Anime4kXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Anime4kXL
Member since 2003 • 130 Posts
This thread is very ... how can I put it, pathetic? Capcom is not going to listen to 3500 people just because they signed a web petetion. You should be complaining to Sony who obviously doesn't care about 3rd party developers as much as they do about their own 1st party games.
Brothermoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Brothermoose
Member since 2007 • 76 Posts
i signed but i wasnt gonna buy it anyway, i just hope mgs4 stays exclusive cause im buyin that
hyofinkl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#28 hyofinkl
Member since 2006 • 698 Posts

I'm disappointed with Capcom too and as a Sony fan, I would not want to buy their games but as a gamer I have to say that they make good games.  DMC is a good series and I'm pretty sure I'll still be picking it up when it comes out.  The game I really have to play is RE5, after RE4, the Resident Evil series was given new life.  I say just get over the disappointment and play the good games.

gruoch1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 gruoch1
Member since 2003 • 1178 Posts
People need to learn how to share their toys with others.
Xanog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Xanog1

If the PS3 and 360 had the exact same games(excluding 1st party titles), which console would you guys get?BIGDEE06

I'd still go with my PS3 out of the two.

Guerrilla, Insomniac, Incognito, Naughty Dog, Factor 5, Team Cambridge, Team ICO, Level 5, Game Republic, etc.

All of these studios are working exclusively with Sony this time around, and every single one of them has made a game that I have enjoyed to a near lethal degree.

The only 360-exclusive out right now that I want to come to PS3 is Dead Rising, a Capcom game.

Redfingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Redfingers

kungfuchaos
Precisely why a "boycott" is the only thing they will understand. Not a petition. A boycott. Think of the petition as a way of PS3 owners tracking just how many of their fellows will be joining the boycott. "This business cannot live on having one company dominate like the PS2 did last generation. So put aside your petty fanboy atrtitudes and just enjoy the games" This is precisely why I don't want the Playstation 3 to fall off the face of the earth and leave the other two to battle it out. I would like a three-party econo-political system in which I can vote my favorite into action. If Capcom will make truly innovative games available for all consoles, including the Playstation 3, in the future, I will consider purchasing their new IPs. Otherwise, they can enjoy a nice look at my rear. Additionally, keep in mind that this title was clearly in development for both platforms many months before they announced it. Additionally, like Unreal Tournament 3, it may be delayed specifically because of the Xbox 360 version. Meanwhile, Ubisoft titles such as GRAW 2, Splinter Cell, and Rainbow Six are enjoyed on the Xbox 360 while I wait, patiently, longer for them. Interesting how that works. It's simply crap for Playstation 3 owners. I have no problem with economics or multi-platform releases. I just want to see them done correctly.
Redfingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Redfingers

I'm disappointed with Capcom too and as a Sony fan, I would not want to buy their games but as a gamer I have to say that they make good games. DMC is a good series and I'm pretty sure I'll still be picking it up when it comes out. The game I really have to play is RE5, after RE4, the Resident Evil series was given new life. I say just get over the disappointment and play the good games.

hyofinkl
They still make good games if you ignore Dead Rising and Lost Planet.
BIGDEE06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BIGDEE06
[QUOTE="BIGDEE06"]If the PS3 and 360 had the exact same games(excluding 1st party titles), which console would you guys get?Miguel16
ps3 easily...bluray drive is a plus and i like the controller...nto to mention microsoft doesnt have many first party titles other than halo which i dont like

Exactly my point.  It's about 1st party titles this gen.  It's up to sony and microsoft to deliver the goods.  Don't blame a 3rd party company for doing what's best for them.
Redfingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Redfingers

This thread is very ... how can I put it, pathetic? Capcom is not going to listen to 3500 people just because they signed a web petetion. You should be complaining to Sony who obviously doesn't care about 3rd party developers as much as they do about their own 1st party games.Anime4kXL
This thread is a link to a news story. This thread does not directly link to the petition.

Additionally, of course they won't listen to a petition. They've already made this clear. This is why the market has to speak for them, and our explanation for doing so has to be clear so that this situation does not come up again.

BIGDEE06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BIGDEE06
[QUOTE="hyofinkl"]

I'm disappointed with Capcom too and as a Sony fan, I would not want to buy their games but as a gamer I have to say that they make good games. DMC is a good series and I'm pretty sure I'll still be picking it up when it comes out. The game I really have to play is RE5, after RE4, the Resident Evil series was given new life. I say just get over the disappointment and play the good games.

Redfingers

How bout we just ignore that comment.
Redfingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Redfingers
[QUOTE="Redfingers"][QUOTE="hyofinkl"]

BIGDEE06

Can I ignore you?
-L-U-I-S-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#37 -L-U-I-S-
Member since 2006 • 3665 Posts
This is stupid. I desperately want DMC 4 and the next Resident Evil. I can get them on my PS3. That's what matters to me. Everyone on this petition is insane.shady_825
BIGDEE06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BIGDEE06
[QUOTE="BIGDEE06"][QUOTE="Redfingers"][QUOTE="hyofinkl"]

Redfingers

Can I ignore you?

Sure, if you let me ignore you 1st.
meralonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 meralonne
Member since 2005 • 742 Posts
Sorry if the Sony fanboys are offended by this, but try to remember how economics work.  If Capcom can sell 100,000 copies of this game to 360 owners, do you really think they're going to be worried about 3500 sales? Or even 35,000?  Granted, that's a very simplified example, but why would Capcom limit its profits?? That is why companies exist, after all--to make money for their stockholders/owners. 
brgreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#40 brgreen
Member since 2005 • 657 Posts
Hold on let me get my tiny violin and play along with all of you that signed the petition. Its a game you are going to get tom play it no matter what. Who's cares if it is multiplatform. There are much beigger things to worry about then if a game is exclusive or multiplatform.
a-tek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 a-tek
Member since 2005 • 945 Posts
I'm still gonna buy it. As long as the title even arrives on PS3, I'll be happy.
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 emitsu97

Sorry if the Sony fanboys are offended by this, but try to remember how economics work. If Capcom can sell 100,000 copies of this game to 360 owners, do you really think they're going to be worried about 3500 sales? Or even 35,000? Granted, that's a very simplified example, but why would Capcom limit its profits?? That is why companies exist, after all--to make money for their stockholders/owners. meralonne_7

Last time I bought a game the last thing on my mind was economics.  In fact, I've never bought a game based how many sales the company was going to get or how much money they saved on developing multi-plat.  Heck, I often find myself avoiding multi-plats because of associated development practice. 

HunAndras1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 HunAndras1984
Member since 2005 • 647 Posts

This is childish!! You people are missing out on so many good games!!! Well good luck to you! I know I will enjoy DMC4 and RE5 !!

BIGDEE06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BIGDEE06
I can agree w/ boycotting EA for their crappy sports games, but this is just insane.
quaddrag500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 quaddrag500
Member since 2006 • 529 Posts

http://www.psu.com/node/9108

I've gotta be honest, I already signed this thing. Some of you may view this to be somewhat of a sign of hope to us hoping Capcom will "notice" our absolute outrage. It is likely, however, it, as most "online petitions" will die a silent death and Capcom will never realize it and will be completely content to sell several million additional copies over the Xbox 360.

Still, I'm absolutely done with Capcom. Let the sales figures push them if nothing else will. 2 exclusives for none, and one multiplat for our single exclusive. Upsetting. But add that to a business philosophy that makes the troubling assumption that Clover was a bad development studio and should be chastised for caring more about artistic vision than sales numbers, and I am ready to "boycott" any and all Capcom products until they prove to me they can offer me a satisfying gaming experience that transcends this typical "shooter" garbage and change their philosophy towards something gamers can accept.

Basically, if money is the only thing they see, make an impact where it will hurt them...sales figures. Go ahead, join the boycott. It's clearly the only way they will ever listen. 

Redfingers
everbody should know that this will never make a diffrence, the main reasion that any game goes multi. is because the developers want more money and putting it on all platforms gets them the most money. although i would like DMC4 to stay with sony, its not goin to happen
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 emitsu97

I can agree w/ boycotting EA for their crappy sports games, but this is just insane.BIGDEE06

Capcom and Ubi have been going the way of EA ever since next gen rolled around.  I'm not looking forward to seeing some great titles watered down for the sake of  multi-plat.  This goes for all systems involved.  It's an injustice to everyone on every platform to know that the product they bought was developed generalized.  To know the money you spent could have been more worthwhile had the development been optimized for the particular architecture of the system you're playing it on.

RENE2315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 RENE2315
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts
and 3.500 of those people will still be buyin the game-DirtySanchez-
one of them is me
kurtoronie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 kurtoronie
Member since 2006 • 1097 Posts

oh boo hoo fanboys why cant everyone enjoy the game?

-Sniper99-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#49 -Sniper99-
Member since 2004 • 8983 Posts
The thing is, they coul've focused the development specifically on PS3. I think that exclusive titles are usually better, but who knows, maybe it will be like the first GRAW, when the 360 version blew away the others, but it will be Ps3's turn:).
GameArtGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 GameArtGuy
Member since 2006 • 845 Posts
yea, 3500 sony fans not buying the game, doesnt take any money away when theres a new 10 million potential customers on the 360