Devil May Cry Boycott reaches '3500 signatures'

• 186 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 odin2019
Member since 2006 • 4677 Posts

I realize that I'm not crazy about Capcom doing what they did either but if your worried about the ps3 not being the #1 console in the long then prehaps you should buy all the consoles. I realize that by buying all the consoles it would cost well over a $1000 which is a chunk of money for most but what the problem really is, is that people lack money and unfortunately the same could be said about me. If you had way more than enough spending money to get all the consoles you wouldn't really care what the hell Capcom does just as long as Capcom continues to release their major titles like Resident Evil and those kinds of games.

I will say this though I still mad at capcom for not coming out with a good 3D street fighter game, capcom needs to try again with the SF series.  I'm still disappointed that they have just dropped the series like that. 

headninjadog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 headninjadog
Member since 2005 • 742 Posts
Why don't we boycott the bigger issue like outrageous prices for games and consoles, dammit!
BIGDEE06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 BIGDEE06
Member since 2006 • 2322 Posts
yea, 3500 sony fans not buying the game, doesnt take any money away when theres a new 10 million potential customers on the 360GameArtGuy
QFT
Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts
If the PS3 and 360 had the exact same games(excluding 1st party titles), which console would you guys get?BIGDEE06
The Wii!
Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Krigon
yea, 3500 sony fans not buying the game, doesnt take any money away when theres a new 10 million potential customers on the 360GameArtGuy
They should port it to the ps2 , there are 100 million potential customers there aswell. :)
BIGDEE06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 BIGDEE06
Member since 2006 • 2322 Posts
[QUOTE="BIGDEE06"]If the PS3 and 360 had the exact same games(excluding 1st party titles), which console would you guys get?Krigon
The Wii!

The Wii is a given.  I'm talking about PS3/360.
quaddrag500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 quaddrag500
Member since 2006 • 529 Posts
[QUOTE="BIGDEE06"]If the PS3 and 360 had the exact same games(excluding 1st party titles), which console would you guys get?Krigon
The Wii!

LMFAO, ahhh i needed a good laugh.
james791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 james791
Member since 2004 • 301 Posts
this is like petition against the war in iraq.....
blackldragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 blackldragon
Member since 2005 • 1540 Posts
Ok people they don't really care plus I damn well know that some of you who signed the petetion will get the game anyway so don't front.  Simply because Crapcum desided to give us the shaft, doesn't mean we shouldn't purchase a game we like.  I know your angryness (I know its not a word) pesonally main reason I'm mad is listening to baka comments that the PS3 is going to suck due to losing exclusives.  Well guess what sony has tons of 1st party games coming out, funny how noone ever seems to mention that though.  Atleast they didn't completely take the game from us, sides if it goes 360 its probably a port which means it won't be as good anyway. 
rockstar183

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 rockstar183
Member since 2006 • 1637 Posts
any one that signed that should not be called gamers.
Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Krigon
any one that signed that should not be called gamers. rockstar183
"real gamers" have all the consoles and they want exclusives, and not a company that tries to be the new EA.
grimhope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 grimhope
Member since 2003 • 978 Posts
[QUOTE="kungfuchaos"]

Sony fanboys are being so friggin childish about this. Look the fact is that this industry is about one thing and one thing only....the almighty $$$!!! The fact also

is that at this time the number of 360's in homes worldwide and the number of PS3's in homes worldwide is about 8 to 1 in favor of the 360. Granted, the PS3 has just now gone global, but that gap wont close to the point where these devs can simply ignore the millions upon million of dollars to be made buy supporting all consoles!!!

Im sorry that you are all feeling ripped off or cheated, but we should all be concerned for the industry as a whole. This business cannot live on having one company dominate like the PS2 did last generation. So put aside your petty fanboy atrtitudes and just enjoy the games. The PS3 will still have plenty of great first and second party exclusives!!!

emitsu97

Multi-plats are developed primarily focused on a "commonality" architecture to minimize work and maximize compatibility. What kind of games do you think we'd get if the Wii is included in the mix? I chose none-at-all over half-assism.

So you're essentially saying that all games on the 360 are half ass.

ronniepage588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#63 ronniepage588
Member since 2003 • 4188 Posts

http://www.psu.com/node/9108

I've gotta be honest, I already signed this thing. Some of you may view this to be somewhat of a sign of hope to us hoping Capcom will "notice" our absolute outrage. It is likely, however, it, as most "online petitions" will die a silent death and Capcom will never realize it and will be completely content to sell several million additional copies over the Xbox 360.

Still, I'm absolutely done with Capcom. Let the sales figures push them if nothing else will. 2 exclusives for none, and one multiplat for our single exclusive. Upsetting. But add that to a business philosophy that makes the troubling assumption that Clover was a bad development studio and should be chastised for caring more about artistic vision than sales numbers, and I am ready to "boycott" any and all Capcom products until they prove to me they can offer me a satisfying gaming experience that transcends this typical "shooter" garbage and change their philosophy towards something gamers can accept.

Basically, if money is the only thing they see, make an impact where it will hurt them...sales figures. Go ahead, join the boycott. It's clearly the only way they will ever listen.

Redfingers
well i dont know about you guys but i am getting sick of every hit game having a million sequels
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts

So you're essentially saying that all games on the 360 are half ass. 

grimhope

No that's not what I'm saying.  Any game with architecturally generalized development is half-assed.

jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 jackle2071
Member since 2004 • 5477 Posts
my god...wait if there 3500 sigs then oh there must be no god and the world is coming to a end! P.S. this is friggen stupid
MistWalk3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 MistWalk3r
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
It has that much because neogaf(and other forums) posters were using it to talk crap about other posters.  If you read most of the comments on petition you will see just how dumb/pointless it is.
redflagwaving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 redflagwaving
Member since 2006 • 908 Posts

If swear, some people are the biggest whinners i have EVER seen. This is just moronic. A cry for attention. Un-necessary fanboyism. People are boycotting a great game and series just because it went multiplatform? GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!

zero_cool098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 zero_cool098
Member since 2006 • 1886 Posts
lol capcom doesnt care u guys.......they could even take out the ps3 version fully and theyll still have lots of profit from the 360 version
lhbchen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 lhbchen
Member since 2004 • 1070 Posts
Been fun playing your GOOD games Capcom.. not anymore. there is a reason i dont play alot of EA games. Spartan_Dude
exactly 4047 Signatures Total
redflagwaving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 redflagwaving
Member since 2006 • 908 Posts

[QUOTE="rockstar183"]any one that signed that should not be called gamers. Krigon
"real gamers" have all the consoles and they want exclusives, and not a company that tries to be the new EA.

1) real gamers don't have to have all the consoles

2) Multi-platform games are just as important as exclusives

3)Capcom has put out quality games and so has EA. You just need someone to bag on to "Try" to prove you're nowhere near correct theory.

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#71 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
Well, even if I don't agree with the tactic in the long run, non-the-less it’s a strong beginning. Hopefully this ends with the correct amendment that the protestors are hoping for. Besides, it's their free will to boycott in the first place, so don’t bash them even if you don’t agree with their ways. On the other side of the coin, those people who signed this alleged contract/petition must realize what is more important to them: playing the game or making capcom pay for their "crimes against loyal fans, and betrayal of trust, et cetera, et cetera." (LOL) Hopefully, the boycotters are rational adults or teens that realize the consequences of their actions, which may both be either good or bad, or have no effect at all. So the key message here is: think before you act, as your actions may come back and bite on the a**. (And I really hope you will not ruin the chance of me getting a copy of DMC4 for my PS3. I realize that your success in this matter is minuscule at best; but you never know what the outcome will be…. who knows you bastards might even succeed J )
CharmedGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 CharmedGamer
Member since 2004 • 340 Posts
You sony fanboys are halarious. "I'm not going to buy DMC4 because it's going to be on the 360" Your santuary is falling down around you and you can't handle it. You're fools to think that this **** matters. Smells like sweat, fear and desperation in these fourms. It's like you guys found out God doesn't exist. Well I guess your god forgot about you. He gave away your angels to 360.  Nothing can save you because you're already damned. You are alone in this limbo and God is not here.
VegetaJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 VegetaJr
Member since 2006 • 1437 Posts
Loyalty to a platform doesn't exist, deal with it. Capcom is concerned with making money first, as all developers and hardware backers are. No one is in this industry just to make you smile, they are in it to get as many people as possible to open their wallets. That's the real world, whether you like it or not.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
Did you vote in the last election? You seem to be summoning a great deal of indignation about a relatively minor issue.
downPlayDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 downPlayDemon
Member since 2004 • 3529 Posts
if ps3 fans wont buy the game on ps3 then capcom will make it exclusively for 360.
zidura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#76 zidura
Member since 2003 • 341 Posts

You do realize that PS3 owners boycotting this game at the very most successful level would only reduce sales of the PS3 version thereby encouraging more development for the other consoles?  If anything, you should have a "Buy multiple copies" campaign to show that the PS3 can hold its own.  It makes no sense to boycott the game, but go ahead.
TraXxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 TraXxX
Member since 2006 • 1820 Posts

You Sony fanboys...

Microsoft lost an exclusive title too, Ninja Gaiden. Remember?  

Velric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#78 Velric
Member since 2003 • 3842 Posts
Sorry, I won't be participating in the boycott. Rather than try to harm the developers of a game, which can ultimately cause a company to no longer make a particular title, you should instead purchase the game for the system you prefer. By purchasing it for the PS3 or 360, whichever you prefer, you are already telling the developers which console you would like to see it on. Also, why should it matter if the developers turn a game multiplatform for money? The cost of developing games is ever increasing and it makes financial success that to pay the development costs, employees, and to make profit that you are going to want as large of an audience as you can possibly have. It is narrow minded for anyone to believe that this was not an intelligent move on the part of Capcom, at this time.
VegetaJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 VegetaJr
Member since 2006 • 1437 Posts

You do realize that PS3 owners boycotting this game at the very most successful level would only reduce sales of the PS3 version thereby encouraging more development for the other consoles? If anything, you should have a "Buy multiple copies" campaign to show that the PS3 can hold its own. It makes no sense to boycott the game, but go ahead.zidura
Uh oh! Actual logic!
Terrorantula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#80 Terrorantula
Member since 2007 • 1795 Posts
Whocares if it goes to 360? Just means more people will enjoy the game :S
guyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 guyhunter
Member since 2004 • 3691 Posts
If the PS3 and 360 had the exact same games(excluding 1st party titles), which console would you guys get?BIGDEE06

Currently the 360.  Ask me later when the PS3 has some kind of real online community (not just games within your own region) and rumble/force feedback and PAL60 support I may have a different answer for you.
I own all 3 consoles and at the moment the 360 is defintely my favourite.
jjj13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#82 jjj13
Member since 2005 • 2399 Posts
What ps3 owners won't but, 360 owners will.
alxy_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 alxy_07
Member since 2004 • 1342 Posts
the problem is some of you are so blinded in your fanboyism, you cant stand it that the 'other' console is doing well, don't blame this on capcom, they want their game out there and its there flippin choice, man some of you guys are so pathetic, just like the boycott.  Is it that "oh the game wont be optimized bc its multiplat" no its now you cant gloat that your console has the better games and how superior your system is, so childish.
Liquid-Prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Liquid-Prince
Member since 2007 • 2277 Posts
the problem is some of you are so blinded in your fanboyism, you cant stand it that the 'other' console is doing well, don't blame this on capcom, they want their game out there and its there flippin choice, man some of you guys are so pathetic, just like the boycott. Is it that "oh the game wont be optimized bc its multiplat" no its now you cant gloat that your console has the better games and how superior your system is, so childish.alxy_07
And all this is fine, while the 360 owners look over to us and gloat that they have their exclusives? An exclusive should truly be an exclusive. This is such an outrage because DMC has always been Sony only and we were promised the same for the fourth installment, but that is snatched away from us in a moment. I may completely dislike what Capcom has done, but that won't stop me from purchasing this game.
Enterprise-E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#85 Enterprise-E
Member since 2002 • 5322 Posts
This is a stupid thread. Why would boycott this game? You know you want to play it but you are not going to play because it going both 360? Last time i checked there is is a PS3 version as well. So what is the problem?
bdhoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 bdhoff
Member since 2003 • 4104 Posts
Well, maybe 3,500 other people will get the game just a little bit faster. I bet nearly all of the martyrs on the list wouldn't have purchased the game anyway.
alxy_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 alxy_07
well if you can remember, nintendo had lots of great games on snes, but nintendo messed up and lost most of them to sony, now the same is happening to sony becuase xbox is doing well.  Im sure you guys had so much fun bashing xbox last gen bc it didnt have a library (although the power), and now the 360 is getting the games (with less power like ps2 of last gen) and you cant stand it?  Thats the business.  Its not like ps3 is losing these games, anyways, you all gloated lest gen, now its someone elses turn for now
Liquid-Prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Liquid-Prince
well if you can remember, nintendo had lots of great games on snes, but nintendo messed up and lost most of them to sony, now the same is happening to sony becuase xbox is doing well. Im sure you guys had so much fun bashing xbox last gen bc it didnt have a library (although the power), and now the 360 is getting the games (with less power like ps2 of last gen) and you cant stand it? Thats the business. Its not like ps3 is losing these games, anyways, you all gloated lest gen, now its someone elses turn for nowalxy_07
This very situation was presented during the PS2 VS Dreamcast era. Everyone said that Dreamcast was better and that PS2 may have power but it lacked games. What happened next? Dreamcast was discontinued and PS2 ruled the gaming world. Same situation right now. PS3 is being bashed but it will win the console war.
Avatar image for deactivated-61ff675e61178
deactivated-61ff675e61178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 deactivated-61ff675e61178
Member since 2004 • 12558 Posts

I signed it because multiplatform games are always watered-down, and i'm saddened at the thought of what an exclusive DMC4 (and RE5) could've been. The architectures of todays consoles are so vastly different, all muiltiplatform games will suffer immensely.

Why is it that games are going multiplatform because dev time/cost is rising, yet by going multiplatform, they are increasing dev time, yet decreasing the quality of the game?

bdhoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 bdhoff
[QUOTE="alxy_07"]well if you can remember, nintendo had lots of great games on snes, but nintendo messed up and lost most of them to sony, now the same is happening to sony becuase xbox is doing well. Im sure you guys had so much fun bashing xbox last gen bc it didnt have a library (although the power), and now the 360 is getting the games (with less power like ps2 of last gen) and you cant stand it? Thats the business. Its not like ps3 is losing these games, anyways, you all gloated lest gen, now its someone elses turn for nowLiquid-Prince
This very situation was presented during the PS2 VS Dreamcast era. Everyone said that Dreamcast was better and that PS2 may have power but it lacked games. What happened next? Dreamcast was discontinued and PS2 ruled the gaming world. Same situation right now. PS3 is being bashed but it will win the console war.

Dreamcast was so awesome. Too bad Sega nearly went broke over the thing. Good thing their games live on.
alxy_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 alxy_07
What do you all say now, ps3 is more powerful so it will win.  Did xbox win last gen with more power?  You realise this and it scares you xbox is getting these games.....  Sony fans should know (i have a ps2 too), that the most powerful console doesnt equal a win in the 'console wars'
bdhoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 bdhoff
I signed it because multiplatform games are always watered-down, and i'm saddened at the thought of what an exclusive DMC4 (and RE5) could've been. The architectures of todays consoles are so vastly different, all muiltiplatform games will suffer immensely. Why is it that games are going multiplatform because dev time/cost is rising, yet by going multiplatform, they are increasing dev time, yet decreasing the quality of the game?makingmusic476
The architectures may be different, but the consoles do the same thing. Being multiplatform does not mean that games are inherently watered down. EA games are like that, sure. But that doesn't mean that all multiplatform games are.
alxy_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 alxy_07
Secondly, think of a pc gamer (im a huge pc gamer), why are games like the ut and half-life being delayed?  development time increased becuase they are also coming out on the consoles.  It sucks pc gamers get the short end of the stick, having huge delays simply so the companies who owe their success to pc gamers can expand.  Why, for money?  Do you see my boycotting half-life episode 2 and Unreal tournament ???
Liquid-Prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Liquid-Prince
What do you all say now, ps3 is more powerful so it will win. Did xbox win last gen with more power? You realise this and it scares you xbox is getting these games..... Sony fans should know (i have a ps2 too), that the most powerful console doesnt equal a win in the 'console wars'alxy_07
This generation is more closely related to the Dreamcast VS PS2 era.
herozs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 herozs
Member since 2006 • 804 Posts
You have to sign it do you get me!!! sign here now!http://www.petitiononline.com/capcompe/petition.html
cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 cheesie253
Member since 2003 • 1014 Posts
This is exactly the way to go about getting Capcom and other companies to drop the PS3 as a whole. As many have said before with the rising cost of making games, multiplat will be the way to go for games other than first party. This has been going on for as long as gaming has been around(for the most part), releasing a game on different systems is not something new for these companies. DMC4 is now multiplat because of the simple fact that the PS3 user base is not as strong as the PS2 base was. It was never an exclusive game. Get over it and have fun playing games instead of complaining, and any real gamer who is old enough to work should eventually own all systems anyway, because gamers play games not systems.
TheAbstrakt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 TheAbstrakt
Member since 2006 • 1736 Posts
whats the point of this? who cares if it goes multi plat?
Xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#98 Xshinobi
Member since 2003 • 3011 Posts
WOW people are stupid.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Capcom sucks to me until they make STREET FIGHTER 4

and maybe RE5 lol

Don't care much about DMC4 

wallpaper42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 wallpaper42
Member since 2005 • 4127 Posts
I'm not signing that but I'm not gonna buy that game either. It looks really really lame lol. I never played any of them but it's because they look so damn retarded. And what's so good about exclusives? The game companies are being smart and are going to recieve 2x the cash. Plus everybody should be happy. But I guess you can't make everyone happy.