Devil May Cry Boycott reaches '3500 signatures'

• 186 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 teebeenz
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts
If you're gunna show them how important PS3 is, you dont boycott, you buy the game up in a big way. You get your friends involved, buy 2 copies if you can afford it etc. its sales which say if they make things exclusive after the first gen is over, not how stupid people are.
TheJuggla17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -5

#102 TheJuggla17
Member since 2003 • 16307 Posts

Wow...boycotting a game because it is no longer exclusive. All I see is 3500 morons.

lhbchen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 lhbchen
Member since 2004 • 1070 Posts
you guys calling ppl fanboyism don't get the simple facts straight? first, they abandon Dante, who's always the DMC hero. without Dante, it's never a DMC second, they backstabbed SONY right before PS3's EU and AU launch after claiming DMC4 exclusive for such a long time. AC6's gonna on XO, Assasin Creed goes multi, why Namco and Ubi are not criticized that badly as Campom is? There's something call do the right thing in a RIGHT WAY. this is a money world, that's right. But it doesn't mean you can do it any way you like.
jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#104 jackle2071
Member since 2004 • 5477 Posts

You Sony fanboys...

Microsoft lost an exclusive title too, Ninja Gaiden. Remember?  

TraXxX
what he said! Sigma looks bad@ss! i cant wait to get that one...oh yeah shore i have no problem playing your game a 3rd time!
Gnr_Helsing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Gnr_Helsing
Member since 2004 • 1602 Posts
Stop this silliness, I bet you fools will buy the game on day one! just stop, plz... I ache for you all, how come COWS can enjoy Ninja Gaiden, but LEMMINGS can't enjoy Devil May Cry? did they boycott TECMO?! DID THEY!!!
JudgementEden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#106 JudgementEden
Member since 2004 • 2832 Posts
[QUOTE="Xanog1"]

Bah, just because the game went multiplat won't keep me from playing it.

I love DMC, and loved DMC3 even more (DMC2 never happened, just like Snake's Revenge) DMC4 looks to be heading down the right track, and I'm still going to support it.

emitsu97

What sucks is wondering what it could have been with a more focused effort on optimized development for a particular architecture.  Everyone seems to be content with watered down though.

Im NOT!

I will still be buying this and Resident Evil, but thats it. Im really pissed at Capcom, Devil May Cry is one of the reasons i got a PS3 and they made it go multiplat!

*In a neutral voice* "You can still play it, its not like its 360 exclusive!!" I cant stand people that are neutral, i would rather have you be a 360 fanboy who WANTS it to be exclusive then be neutral.

Read Emitsu's post of why i want it exclusive...

castocv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 castocv
Member since 2006 • 34 Posts

So what's the point of telling Capcom that PS3 owners won't buy it?  I know your upset about it being muliplatform, but why bite off your nose to spite your face?  Maybe if enough people pledge not buy it for the PS3, Capcom will decide not to make it for the PS3.  Some victory that would be for you...

Capcom is a business.  If enough PS3's were out there to ensure financial success, it might still have been exclusive.  Is it Capcom's fault that the PS3 has not sold well enough to ensure that they wil reap a significant profit on their investment?

Be carefull of what you ask for, you might just get it...

lhbchen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 lhbchen

So what's the point of telling Capcom that PS3 owners won't buy it?  I know your upset about it being muliplatform, but why bite off your nose to spite your face?  Maybe if enough people pledge not buy it for the PS3, Capcom will decide not to make it for the PS3.  Some victory that would be for you...

Capcom is a business.  If enough PS3's were out there to ensure financial success, it might still have been exclusive.  Is it Capcom's fault that the PS3 has not sold well enough to ensure that they wil reap a significant profit on their investment?

castocv

You don't get it, do you? For those who sign it (me included), we're just simpling saying "F U" to capcom. It's not about money. It's about doing something in a RIGHT way. It's about honesty.

It's only three months from DMC4 launching, either Capcom's gonna do a very poor job on porting to XO, OR they've been planning this for a long time and have kept lying to all of us by confirming DMC4's exclusivity to PS3 again, again and again. Then they waited, waited and waited until a few days before PS3's EU launch, they released the bomb to give SONY a backstab. What do you think? Related this to the rumor last year MS tried to buy Capcom. You never smell any thing foul? 

The speculation about the MBO was wrong. MS contacted Capcom with reason different than buying that company. Capcom was not bought then but they were bought out.  You're so right, it's ALL ABOUT MONEY and they've done it in a disgusting way!!! That's why so much anger has been triggered.

JudgementEden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#110 JudgementEden
Member since 2004 • 2832 Posts

Its funny how everyone thinks MILLIONS of Xbox 360 gamers are going to buy DMC4. First off NO ONE knows if the 360 will sell alot.

As far as i know, a ton of 360 gamers dont give a rats ass about the game. Just because you see a stupid random number (MILLIONS?) doesnt mean they will ALL buy it.

Lordbryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Lordbryn
Member since 2005 • 199 Posts
[QUOTE="castocv"]

So what's the point of telling Capcom that PS3 owners won't buy it? I know your upset about it being muliplatform, but why bite off your nose to spite your face? Maybe if enough people pledge not buy it for the PS3, Capcom will decide not to make it for the PS3. Some victory that would be for you...

Capcom is a business. If enough PS3's were out there to ensure financial success, it might still have been exclusive. Is it Capcom's fault that the PS3 has not sold well enough to ensure that they wil reap a significant profit on their investment?

lhbchen

You don't get it, do you? For those who sign it (me included), we're just simpling saying "F U" to capcom. It's not about money. It's about doing something in a RIGHT way. It's about honesty.

It's only three months from DMC4 launching, either Capcom's gonna do a very poor job on porting to XO, OR they've been planning this for a long time and have kept lying to all of us by confirming DMC4's exclusivity to PS3 again, again and again. Then they waited, waited and waited until a few days before PS3's EU launch, they released the bomb to give SONY a backstab. What do you think? Related this to the rumor last year MS tried to buy Capcom. You never smell any thing foul?

The speculation about the MBO was wrong. MS contacted Capcom with reason different than buying that company. Capcom was not bought then but they were bought out. You're so right, it's ALL ABOUT MONEY and they've done it in a disgusting way!!! That's why so much anger has been triggered.

You are absolutely correct. Of course, Capcom's first and only concern should be making Sony's playstation a success. In what way should they be concerned with making money? Hell, they should donate 75% of their profit to Sony just for the PRIVLEDGE of being allowed to grace the playstation brand with their work...

Do you even listen to yourself? What concern is it to Capcom if the PS3 is a success or failure? By going multi-platform they have a market for their product no matter which console 'wins'. Capcom doesn't want the PS3 to lose or the 360 to win, they want to make money. Period. There is no excuse for it because one is not needed.

I sincerely hope those of you who think this petition is a good idea never go into or start a business of your own. Trust me on this, just not a good idea for you.

blue-fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#112 blue-fish
Member since 2003 • 1389 Posts

Wow. So many angry Fanboys.  Ok, sign your petition, lower the DMC4 sales on PS3 and work so that the next Capcom game doesn't come to PS3 at all.  Real bright.

Plus any DMC fan pissed enough to sign a petition to boycott the game is going to buy it anyway.

Acenso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Acenso
Member since 2006 • 2355 Posts

You know what I find funny.

Lets just say all these Sony fans do boycott it. What will happen then? If...Lets say...It sells extremely well on 360 and poorly on PS3. I guess you will get your exculsive then...To bad it will not be on the PS3:lol: 

Be happy more people can enjoy it now 

lhbchen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 lhbchen
[QUOTE="lhbchen"][QUOTE="castocv"]

So what's the point of telling Capcom that PS3 owners won't buy it? I know your upset about it being muliplatform, but why bite off your nose to spite your face? Maybe if enough people pledge not buy it for the PS3, Capcom will decide not to make it for the PS3. Some victory that would be for you...

Capcom is a business. If enough PS3's were out there to ensure financial success, it might still have been exclusive. Is it Capcom's fault that the PS3 has not sold well enough to ensure that they wil reap a significant profit on their investment?

Lordbryn

The speculation about the MBO was wrong. MS contacted Capcom with reason different than buying that company. Capcom was not bought then but they were bought out. You're so right, it's ALL ABOUT MONEY and they've done it in a disgusting way!!! That's why so much anger has been triggered.

You are absolutely correct. Of course, Capcom's first and only concern should be making Sony's playstation a success. In what way should they be concerned with making money? Hell, they should donate 75% of their profit to Sony just for the PRIVLEDGE of being allowed to grace the playstation brand with their work...

Do you even listen to yourself? What concern is it to Capcom if the PS3 is a success or failure? By going multi-platform they have a market for their product no matter which console 'wins'. Capcom doesn't want the PS3 to lose or the 360 to win, they want to make money. Period. There is no excuse for it because one is not needed.

I sincerely hope those of you who think this petition is a good idea never go into or start a business of your own. Trust me on this, just not a good idea for you.

LOL, even in the business "dog eat dog" world, there's something called "Credibility"

especially if the company has B2P business, you lose credibility, you lose customer, it's just that simple 

dru26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 dru26
Member since 2005 • 5505 Posts

http://www.psu.com/node/9108

I've gotta be honest, I already signed this thing. Some of you may view this to be somewhat of a sign of hope to us hoping Capcom will "notice" our absolute outrage. It is likely, however, it, as most "online petitions" will die a silent death and Capcom will never realize it and will be completely content to sell several million additional copies over the Xbox 360.

Still, I'm absolutely done with Capcom. Let the sales figures push them if nothing else will. 2 exclusives for none, and one multiplat for our single exclusive. Upsetting. But add that to a business philosophy that makes the troubling assumption that Clover was a bad development studio and should be chastised for caring more about artistic vision than sales numbers, and I am ready to "boycott" any and all Capcom products until they prove to me they can offer me a satisfying gaming experience that transcends this typical "shooter" garbage and change their philosophy towards something gamers can accept.

Basically, if money is the only thing they see, make an impact where it will hurt them...sales figures. Go ahead, join the boycott. It's clearly the only way they will ever listen. 

Redfingers
Are you going to boycott Sony when there is a Blu-Ray add-on for the 360?
dru26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 dru26
Member since 2005 • 5505 Posts
Until anyone is ready to pay Capcom's or Square Enix's employees, exclusivity doesn't make much financial sense.
Lordbryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Lordbryn
[QUOTE="Lordbryn"][QUOTE="lhbchen"][QUOTE="castocv"]

lhbchen

LOL, even in the business "dog eat dog" world, there's something called "Credibility"

Credibility? Credibility for what? It's not Capcom's job to sell the PS3, it's Sony's. Capcom made a decision to make their game multi-plat and that's all there is to it.

I've seen several comments from different sites arguing that Capcom 'owes' Sony for their success, as if Capcom making a fun entertaining game people wanted to buy has nothing to do with it. Now how ridiculous is that, honestly. Don't remember Sony fans crying when Oblivion when multi-plat or 360 fans starting stupid, useless petitions.

Want to know why people harp on bad news concerning Sony but seem to give Nintendo or MS a pass, that above arrogance is exactly why. I know this board is full of children *both in age and attitude* but the fact that so many of those immature people seem to be proud that they act that way is just too much.

lhbchen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 lhbchen

Credibility? Credibility for what? It's not Capcom's job to sell the PS3, it's Sony's. Capcom made a decision to make their game multi-plat and that's all there is to it.

I've seen several comments from different sites arguing that Capcom 'owes' Sony for their success, as if Capcom making a fun entertaining game people wanted to buy has nothing to do with it. Now how ridiculous is that, honestly. Don't remember Sony fans crying when Oblivion when multi-plat or 360 fans starting stupid, useless petitions.

Want to know why people harp on bad news concerning Sony but seem to give Nintendo or MS a pass, that above arrogance is exactly why. I know this board is full of children *both in age and attitude* but the fact that so many of those immature people seem to be proud that they act that way is just too much.

Lordbryn
LMAO, too much? too much for what? Do we so called childish fanboys hurt anybody's feeling? do we try to do anything bad to Capcom? Well we're just expressing our attitudes on this crap, PERIOD. Buying it or not buying it, it's none of your business. I'm not even trying to pursuade you into boycotting it. But being selectively blind to our stated facts and reasons just makes you nothing better.
Lordbryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Lordbryn
[QUOTE="Lordbryn"]

lhbchen

LMAO, too much? too much for what? Do we so called childish fanboys hurt anybody's feeling? do we try to do anything bad to Capcom? Well we're just expressing our attitudes on this crap, PERIOD. Buying it or not buying it, it's none of your business. I'm not even trying to pursuade you into boycotting it. But being selectively blind to our stated facts and reasons just makes you nothing better.

FACT:  You are refusing to purchase a game that apparently a great deal of you enjoy for the simple reason that the developing company committed the egregious sin that they refuse to solely support your choice of console exclusively.

FACT:  You are depriving yourself of the fun you could have because a company cares more for their bottom line than your hurt feelings *GASP - reality for the win*, when those feelings are idiotically tied into which console wins a meaningless *for you* consumer war.

You are right about one thing, I don't really care what you do, BUT I like to strike down what is basically elitism whenever I see it.  It's bad enough when it's based on someone's actual talent, but you are saying 'I won't Capcom or DMC 4 because they don't support my console of choice exclusively.  They're not good enough for me'.  C'mon, how pathetic is that that some in this thread seem to be proud of that stance.  
NickinAround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 NickinAround
Member since 2003 • 3430 Posts
So if your dad bought you a Ferarri and you went around school bragging about it for months and months (I'm assuming alot of these signatures are from kids still in school) and then your best friend got a Ferarri too, are you gonna hate your best friend and Ferarri? Children...
snyper1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 snyper1982
Member since 2004 • 3407 Posts

I've gotta be honest, I already signed this thing. Some of you may view this to be somewhat of a sign of hope to us hoping Capcom will "notice" our absolute outrage. It is likely, however, it, as most "online petitions" will die a silent death and Capcom will never realize it and will be completely content to sell several million additional copies over the Xbox 360.

Still, I'm absolutely done with Capcom. Let the sales figures push them if nothing else will. 2 exclusives for none, and one multiplat for our single exclusive. Upsetting. But add that to a business philosophy that makes the troubling assumption that Clover was a bad development studio and should be chastised for caring more about artistic vision than sales numbers, and I am ready to "boycott" any and all Capcom products until they prove to me they can offer me a satisfying gaming experience that transcends this typical "shooter" garbage and change their philosophy towards something gamers can accept.

Basically, if money is the only thing they see, make an impact where it will hurt them...sales figures. Go ahead, join the boycott. It's clearly the only way they will ever listen.

Redfingers
You realize by doing this(if you people actually follow through, that gives capcom MORE incentive to not dev for the PS3. Sales and units available are what get the devs interest. If it sells well on the 360 and extremely poor on the PS3, then chances are they will lean more and more towards not dev'ing for the PS3. Let's not even go into WHY boycotting capcom because they made a game multi-plat is the dumbest thing I have ever heard....
hellscovern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#122 hellscovern
Member since 2003 • 2872 Posts
Bunch of cry babies.. why dont you just enjoy the fact it's still on PS3.
WildTurkey00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 WildTurkey00
Member since 2005 • 4067 Posts
That petition is so ridiculous. What does it matter to them if Capcom make DMC4 a multiplatform game?
AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#124 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts

Redfingers

I just laughed at you. Firstly Capcom make quality games, and are one of the best devs there is. And you are going to bocott them for trying to make money? :| They are a buisness you know. Selling games for cash is the whole reason they exist....

Shut_Me_Up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Shut_Me_Up
Member since 2006 • 810 Posts
Basically, if money is the only thing they see, make an impact where it will hurt them...sales figures. Go ahead, join the boycott. It's clearly the only way they will ever listen. Redfingers
If money wasn't the only thing they saw, they wouldn't be in business. There would be no DMC4. And then you'd be crying about that, and signing petitions on the net, demanding that Capcom make the game "or else". Seriously, they'll potentially lose 3,500 sales on PS3 and potentially gain several hundred thousand (or even more) on the 360. What do you honestly think they are going to do?
Raziel1144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#126 Raziel1144
Member since 2007 • 275 Posts
obvver 4500 now!!and i signed
hama666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#127 hama666
Member since 2004 • 3061 Posts

Firstly NEVER compare CAPCOM to EA. Everything that comes from EA is a load of bull****; they screwed up the James Bond License and make awful sports games. Capcom on the other hand have offered the finest titles in the last 25 years including street fighter, resident evil, devil may cry and loads more.

Secondly I dont see why the game would be "watered-down" if it was released on the 360. For a start its not going to be released on every console known to mankind, its just being made available to 360 owners; which is infact a smart economic strategy since capcom are trying to do what every other company tries to do: make $$$ ! On that note what people have'nt noticed is that the 360 and PS3 arent that different when it comes to technical capabilities. They both are more or less graphically identical and you would barely notice the difference if playing both consoles on an HDTV. Don't forget that some multiformat games look better on the 360 than the PS3 (Read the Call of duty 3 review for the PS3)

Finally I would just like to state that there really isnt any point in fanboyism at this era. As someone mentioned earlier in this post this is the era of 'gaming as a whole' - thats why most titles are multiformat. So really just enjoy the game instead of whining about its multiformat release, in the end you still get to play the game and in the end thats all that matters.

Bloodzombie77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#128 Bloodzombie77
Member since 2003 • 244 Posts
Im NOT! "I will still be buying this and Resident Evil, but thats it. Im really pissed at Capcom, Devil May Cry is one of the reasons i got a PS3 and they made it go multiplat! *In a neutral voice* "You can still play it, its not like its 360 exclusive!!" I cant stand people that are neutral, i would rather have you be a 360 fanboy who WANTS it to be exclusive then be neutral." Seriously, kinda try to play down the fact that you support PS3, because you're mentaility screams Xbox 360 fanboy.
Dantes_Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Dantes_Girl
Member since 2005 • 4945 Posts
Now this is just freaking ridiculous....
Bloodzombie77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#130 Bloodzombie77
Member since 2003 • 244 Posts
What i think is even funnier is that the Xbox360 ppl are snooping around in PS3 forums more than their own.  Ever since PS3 came out, they've all been on the attack, waiting to snuff ppl out with mod notices for every little infraction.  All this is starting to get a little too "Fox News" for me, I think I'm gonna go play my PS3 and put my internet to better use than sitting here reading a bunch of crap from both sides.
vickfan203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 vickfan203
Member since 2006 • 261 Posts
ty for posting this, im number 4740, i hope this petition makes capcom change their mind
KurupSoldr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 KurupSoldr
Member since 2006 • 4094 Posts
3500 sigs that dont mean crap to a company when making money is involved, pointless
The_One_White

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 The_One_White
Member since 2006 • 1417 Posts
3500 sigs that dont mean crap to a company when making money is involved, pointlessKurupSoldr
Agreed it'll take a hella of lot of signatures before Capcom change there mind because lets say its reachs 10000 signatures, 10000 people not buying on PS3 vs 1-3 million on the Xbox360 buying it...wonder who the com[pany will listen to.
blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#134 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts

Capcom aren't going to change there mind because 3,500 cows are throwing a tantrum lol

Just be happy it's coming to the ps3.

SolidSnake2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 SolidSnake2020
Member since 2006 • 2180 Posts

Capcom aren't going to change there mind because 3,500 cows are throwing a tantrum lol

blacktorn

True if they were million then that would matter, Capcom wants to make profite it is not like it won't be on the PS3.

Delsage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Delsage
Member since 2004 • 3355 Posts
[QUOTE="blacktorn"]

SolidSnake2020

True if they were million then that would matter, Capcom wants to make profite it is not like it won't be on the PS3.

That is not the point. What is the point here, if it was a PS3 exclusive it could've been E305 graphics with next gen gameplay. I for one am sick of this previous gen graphics looking a little updated and more shiny, (Yes even all famous Gears is) and I can't wait for the first game to come and break that trend. Killzone you better not dissapoint.
Xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#137 Xshinobi
Member since 2003 • 3011 Posts
ty for posting this, im number 4740, i hope this petition makes capcom change their mindvickfan203
I wonder if you people still know that DMC4 is coming to PS3. Who the hell cares if it is going to an other console you can still play it for the ps3.
Xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Xshinobi

You Sony fanboys...

Microsoft lost an exclusive title too, Ninja Gaiden. Remember?

TraXxX
Sigma is just a upgraded port of Black. The 360 with still be getting NG2.
cripset87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 cripset87
Member since 2004 • 315 Posts
People need to stop saying that we should share exclusives and we're too greedy, that's a stupid analogy. If the PS3 and 360 had the exact same games we'd probably buy a 360 due to the fact that it does cost $200 less. And Capcom said it was exclusive but then backstabbed us and said that it is now Multi-plat and this is just a business thing, so if it's a business thing why not give us Dead Rising and Lost Planet? Especially to a company that has helped their success.
nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#140 nocoolnamejim
Member since 2003 • 15136 Posts
Wow. Stupidest boycott in history. By porting this game over to the 360 they'll probably sell hundreds of thousands more copies and you expect Capcom to be crying over 3500 people boycotting it? Half of which will probably break down and buy the game anyway? Please. Why do you even care if it goes multiplatform? Just buy it and enjoy it.
Xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Xshinobi
People need to stop saying that we should share exclusives and we're too greedy, that's a stupid analogy. If the PS3 and 360 had the exact same games we'd probably buy a 360 due to the fact that it does cost $200 less. And Capcom said it was exclusive but then backstabbed us and said that it is now Multi-plat and this is just a business thing, so if it's a business thing why not give us Dead Rising and Lost Planet? Especially to a company that has helped their success.cripset87
Did you people ever think that if Capcom makes money by making it go multi platform we will get a DMC 5.
ajames_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#142 ajames_123
Member since 2004 • 2983 Posts

This makes me laugh so much. No way in hell are those thousands going to boycott DMC. They will get it on day 1 of release for sure.

Why miss out on a great game jus because its more available for other ppl to also enjoy?

SONY-PS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 SONY-PS3
Member since 2006 • 294 Posts
now is 5000 gogogo people
snkhass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 snkhass
Member since 2006 • 379 Posts
EVERY LITTLE HELPS........
cripset87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 cripset87
Member since 2004 • 315 Posts

[QUOTE="cripset87"]People need to stop saying that we should share exclusives and we're too greedy, that's a stupid analogy. If the PS3 and 360 had the exact same games we'd probably buy a 360 due to the fact that it does cost $200 less. And Capcom said it was exclusive but then backstabbed us and said that it is now Multi-plat and this is just a business thing, so if it's a business thing why not give us Dead Rising and Lost Planet? Especially to a company that has helped their success.anime-2k3
Did you people ever think that if Capcom makes money by making it go multi platform we will get a DMC 5.

what's your point? Capcom is just thinking about now who says the PS3 won't increase it's fanbase by Fall when they schedualed their release? All I'm saying is that they themselves said they're doing this from a business standpoint and want to make money so if they want to make more money why not send us Lost Planet and Dead Rising???

Kojo222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Kojo222
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts

Of course they're doing it from a business standpoint; it's a BUSINESS.

Listen, all sony fanboyism aside, you have to understand that there's still only a fraction of PS3's in circulation as originally projected. It's just been released overseas, and it's even more expensive there. Not very solid numbers. PS3's still getting the game, so what do you care? Capcom has a right to protect its future, and an ultimate obligation to their investors to sell this game. Those couple thousand people are NOT GOING TO MATTER if the same or higher amount of people on that list buy them for the other platforms. All Capcom can think from your list is this: "Well, if we don't have a loyal fanbase with Sony fanboys, than it's a good thing we're going elsewhere. They don't deserve our business, with a response like this, anyway."

GsSanAndreas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 GsSanAndreas
Member since 2004 • 3075 Posts
Its at like 5600 now
MikeinSC2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#148 MikeinSC2
Member since 2005 • 739 Posts

You are aware that there is not a company on the planet that takes online petitions seriously, right?

-=Mike 

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#149 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

and 3.500 of those people will still be buyin the game-DirtySanchez-
LMAO!!!!!! It's true. I mean this boycott crap is so childish and pointless. You're acting as if you guys really boycott that it'll change something. This is something lil 10-13yr olds would do.

PS: CHILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISH. 

hama666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 hama666
Member since 2004 • 3061 Posts
People need to stop saying that we should share exclusives and we're too greedy, that's a stupid analogy. If the PS3 and 360 had the exact same games we'd probably buy a 360 due to the fact that it does cost $200 less. And Capcom said it was exclusive but then backstabbed us and said that it is now Multi-plat and this is just a business thing, so if it's a business thing why not give us Dead Rising and Lost Planet? Especially to a company that has helped their success.cripset87
1) The fact that the 360 is $200 dollars cheaper is Sony's problem and no one else's, a simple price drop solves this problem. 2) Even if the 360 is cheaper, that doesnt mean people are going to want to buy it. I own a 360 and can easily play Devil May Cry now however I have chosen to buy a PS3 in the future because of the CONTROLLERS and the OTHER REMAINING EXCLUSIVES, see its not just the PRICE which determines what console people buy. 3) And the reason the PS3 isnt getting Dead Rising and Lost planet is simply that capcom wont profit from this port. As of now the number of PS3 owners isnt even a quarter of of the number of 360 owners, so really Capcom wouldnt make any money from the sales. However in the future when the number of PS3 owners will inevitably grow, you can expect perhaps what was to be xbox 360 exclusives heading towards the PS3, all sorts of things can happen.