***** ALL CONTROLLER DISCUSSION in here please******

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fireblazer236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1301 fireblazer236
Member since 2004 • 367 Posts
Bring back the rumble!!
jeanm3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1302 jeanm3306
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
It's next gen, Big company such as microsoft and nintendo are trying to come with new ways to play games and have more fun. but i agree the should have the rumble, i think they should take immersion offer. The rumble and the sixaxis.
Avatar image for baseball07playr
baseball07playr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1303 baseball07playr
Member since 2004 • 258 Posts
They totally copied Nintendo

Avatar image for deactivated-57fce817a4cf5
deactivated-57fce817a4cf5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#1304 deactivated-57fce817a4cf5
Member since 2005 • 4117 Posts

Somebody once posted that Sony had not ripped off Nintendo's motion sensitive controller.That the technology was not Nintendo's idea and had been around for a while.

Well, firstly, Sony DID rip off Nintendo's idea. It was not untill Nintendo had announced the Wii-mote that Sony then decided to redesign their controller. Coincidence? I think not. Also the fact that the Sixaxis comes without a rumble feature proves that Sony developed the controller in a hurry. If they had taken their time and thought of the idea BEFORE Nintendo announced the Wii-mote, then we would have a whole new PS3 controller with a motion sensor AND rumble feature.

Also name me one other games console that uses motion sensors BEFORE the Nintendo Wii was announced. 

I challenge anyone to find a flaw in my comment.

mapaboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1305 mapaboy
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
Lmao! Who cares if they copied nintendo????? Ps3 is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better then 360 or your ugly wii !!!! SO stop complaining even if sony did copy it its still 100 times better.
ninerkepley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1306 ninerkepley
Member since 2005 • 49 Posts
I got to touch the controller today at target....Felt great to me, the triggers felt nice and the joysticks were smoother as were the pressure sensitive buttons.....CANT WAIT TIL THEY ADD THE DISPLAY TO THE SETUP AT TARGET
stately

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1307 stately
So what if sony copied nintendo? Sony sees a good future in nintendo's idea, and decided to implement it on their console. The way I see it is like this: TheWii is a snowboard, affordable and fun. The Xbox 360 is a Toyota basically reliable and it serves the basic console purpose. And in comes the PS3, an italian import Ferrari, Anyone would like one over the prior two options. But would you really invest that much money into it when you could just buy a toyota to go up to tahoe and snowboard?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1308 deactivated-57fce817a4cf5

The reason it annoys people that Sony ripped off the Wii Remote is because it is underhanded.

I'm sure it took Nintendo a great deal of time, design and effort to develop the Wii Remote and for Sony to so easily and openly rip it off is just a little devious really.

Believe me I would have had plenty of respect had Sony developed a brand new controller with a totally different way of interacting with videogames.

Recently the company has shown little commitment to it's loyal fanbase. For example there is the fact that they are so lazy that they are unwilling to develop any NEW features for it's games consoles and take idea's from Microsoft and Nintendo. The same old controller. How much longer are we going to have to endure that uncomfortable and poorly designed abomination. Scraping the bottom of the barrel with the Playstation name (PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP, PNP) I mean really, lets try branching out a little. The arrogant boasting of how many PS3's would be available, only to then disappoint a huge number of fans with a pathetic 400,000 for launch. To delay the European launch, thus crapping on even more people. And to then block all importing of their region free console to the European union. Just to stick two fingers up at those in Europe a second time. 

In a nutshell, I really want to know why Sony even HAS a fanbase! Because believe me people, your precious company has shown many times that they dont give a rats ass about you. Enjoy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1309 deactivated-57fce817a4cf5
Oh and Mapaboy, just thought i'd let you know that Mapa means "stupid" in Greek. So I think your username fits you like a glove.
animation_imp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1311 animation_imp
Member since 2005 • 155 Posts

relax...

On-topic: the motion-detection wasn't copied, but was an old technology sony had somewhere in the back of his wharehouse still lying around. When nintendo announced they would have motion sensing controllers, sony thought "well okay". When they lost the law-suit with Immersion however, they were furious. Their pride was hurt so the removed the rumble. When they realised this left the controller pretty "10-years ago" they knew they where in a pickle. So some-one got the idea, hey guys why don't we put our old motion-sensing stuff in there... And let's hype it together with the wii, so the xbox 360 looks like an idiot who's not up with it, and rumble's something from the past.

And so the sixaxis was created. The hardware is ancient (they had a pattent on it since somewhere in the 90-ties), but it's still theirs, the wii uses gyroscopes, a totally different technology, so no copies there, ok the idea is copied, but as some of you might remember: the sidewinder (logitech) also had motion sensors (that's around 95 people) and so everyone just stole the idea from them.

It doesn't matter either, it doesn't matter 'cause whatever sony, microsoft or nintendo does, you'll just keep buying their products, and you'll stick to the trade-name you're most familiar with, that's just how we kapitalists think. Look at how you think about cars, banks, politics etc...

You'll buy whaterver they dish out, I know I will...

b_ballin_cory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#1312 b_ballin_cory
Member since 2003 • 161 Posts
[QUOTE="Teh_Stevz"]Just for some who say they copied Nintendo... Yes they did. But not totally.

To anyone who thinks the PS3 controller can do what the Wii can aren't up to speed. The shape of the controller can't mimmick what the Wii can. They're still different.

Sony should've copied it fully (shape and all) and bite the bullet from devs than what they've done now.

Sony... WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?

What a @#*&Q!! That is the stupidest idea ive ever heard. Congratulations idiot
b_ballin_cory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#1313 b_ballin_cory
Member since 2003 • 161 Posts
[QUOTE="Teh_Stevz"]Just for some who say they copied Nintendo... Yes they did. But not totally.

To anyone who thinks the PS3 controller can do what the Wii can aren't up to speed. The shape of the controller can't mimmick what the Wii can. They're still different.

Sony should've copied it fully (shape and all) and bite the bullet from devs than what they've done now.

mapaboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1314 mapaboy
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I am with you Cory... lmao:wink:
Coolio_Poolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1315 Coolio_Poolio
Member since 2006 • 203 Posts
[QUOTE="b_ballin_cory"][QUOTE="Teh_Stevz"]Just for some who say they copied Nintendo... Yes they did. But not totally.

i agree i think that the wii controller is total wack... i think sony made a smart move by keeping there controller the same>
general_KDI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1316 general_KDI
Member since 2003 • 1068 Posts
The only reason why sony kept their old controler is because thaT's the BEST. No controller play's better than the old PS controller. ThaT's only my opinion, if you don't like it, just don'T buy it.
ninerkepley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1317 ninerkepley
Member since 2005 • 49 Posts
Can the Controllers battery be charged if the system is not turned on???
Avatar image for Night_stalker01
Night_stalker01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1318 Night_stalker01
Member since 2006 • 1037 Posts
I actually think the sixaxis will be better for flying and racing games than the wiimote.  Because with the wii-mote, you have to hold it sideways, putting it in an unordinary position.  But when you tilt with the sixaxis, you still have the hand grips and the controller is still in it's natural state, adding more comfort.  Plus i've heard complaints of the wii-mote being to small for some games (ex. excite truck).
GameFreak34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1319 GameFreak34
Member since 2003 • 671 Posts

Can the Controllers battery be charged if the system is not turned on???ninerkepley

yes... i dont have a link but i no you can

and also sony didnt copy no1, they just make everything better...

---

it all began with... birth by sleep

mccairo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1321 mccairo
Member since 2003 • 246 Posts
I still think it sucks we get no dual shock
Fire-Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1322 Fire-Red
Member since 2003 • 56 Posts
I have never, sadly felt any rumble on any PS...For some reason im unlucky enough to mess up my controller or have a system with non-working fuses (they make it rumble). So i for one dont really care for the ps3 not having it although i would really like it cause more should be packed in it for $600 bucks :D :D :D
TheLoneWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1323 TheLoneWolf
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
The Best Buy that I work at just got it's PS3 display a couple days ago so that people could test it out. As cool as I thought it was when I picked up the controller it felt like a cheap piece of junk. The buttons are mushy and the "trigger" R2 and L2 make your fingers feel like they are going to slip off. Not to mention that both, yes thats right BOTH of the controllers are already broken and we've had it for only 2 days. Unfortunately I wont be buying a PS3 until better games come out and either Sony fixes up the controller or a good 3rd party controller is released. I'll save $350 this weekend buy a Wii.
RoxasRules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1324 RoxasRules
Member since 2006 • 247 Posts
its called the SIXAXIS Wireless controller, looks like a dualshock, but..........no vibration feature but it has a motion sensor control. R2 and L2 buttons are now more triggerlike. (Info courtesy of OPM issue 111, December 2006)
RoxasRules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1325 RoxasRules
Member since 2006 • 247 Posts
red button in center of the controller ( 'HOME' button). 1. Pressing it at first will let the PS3 know that your using it and that its there. It also tells the controller's register number whether its number one or 4) 2. Holding the button down brings up a menu to either turn off the PS3, exit a game, or turn of the controller. (Info courtesy of OPM issue 111, December 2006)
tooxclusive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1326 tooxclusive
Member since 2005 • 36 Posts
does anyone know if u will be able to use the controller without charging it as soon as it comes out of the box or not :question:
mitchgray187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1327 mitchgray187
I just wanted to know.If anyone can answer this.I bought guitar hero 1 & 2 for PS2. And I have two guitar controllers with them.I know the games are backward compatible but are the guitars as well.Cause that would really suck ass if they aren't.
Ivan5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1328 Ivan5
Member since 2005 • 1701 Posts
does anyone know if u will be able to use the controller without charging it as soon as it comes out of the box or not :question:tooxclusive
nope, gosta charge it, then once its charged, its 30 hours of wireless control time :D
yaoiemogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1329 yaoiemogamer
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
nice
voodoothe2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1330 voodoothe2nd
Member since 2006 • 352 Posts
... I think they should of kept the boomerang shaped one or they should sell both kinds but the duel shock seems to be getting a little old... But thats not going to stop me from getting the PS3!!!!
voodoothe2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1331 voodoothe2nd
Member since 2006 • 352 Posts
I have never, sadly felt any rumble on any PS...For some reason im unlucky enough to mess up my controller or have a system with non-working fuses (they make it rumble). So i for one dont really care for the ps3 not having it although i would really like it cause more should be packed in it for $600 bucks :D :D :DFire-Red

There not going to have it, in a preview they said they were going to romove the reactive controller (rumble) and replace it with a active one (six axis) because everyone know active is better than reactive!!! right? :P
the_wet_mop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1332 the_wet_mop
Member since 2006 • 7518 Posts
I actually think the sixaxis will be better for flying and racing games than the wiimote. Because with the wii-mote, you have to hold it sideways, putting it in an un-ordinary position. But when you tilt with the sixaxis, you still have the hand grips and the controller is still in it's natural state, adding more comfort. Plus i've heard complaints of the wii-mote being to small for some games (ex. excite truck).Night_stalker01

i played excite truck at gamestop today and it felt very natural to use, and turning it sideways doesn't really feel un-ordinary at all. thats my experience with the controller as far as racing games go.
francore2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1333 francore2
i think they should of had a different controller to show us that they steped it up not only for the system but for the controllers as well of course having the same style as the last two is ok cause your use to it but i want to see past that i want something that'll hurt my hands so when someone says why do your hands hurt ill say i play ps3 ooooooohhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhh
francore2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1334 francore2
i think they should of had a different controller to show us that they steped it up not only for the system but for the controllers as well of course having the same style as the last two is ok cause your use to it but i want to see past that i want something that'll hurt my hands so when someone says why do your hands hurt ill say i play ps3 ooooooohhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhh
jaysen2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1335 jaysen2010
yes the ps3 will be one of the best system ever made but some how i fill they just coyped off the wii with that motion sincer controller remember the firt controller they were going to makr that look like a boomerang what happend to that I AM JUST SAYING
jaysen2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1336 jaysen2010
yes the ps3 will be one of the best system ever made but some how i fill they just coyped off the wii with that motion sincer controller remember the firt controller they were going to makr that look like a boomerang what happend to that I AM JUST SAYING
xdarkstarrx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1337 xdarkstarrx

Since ps3 uses usb ports will we be able to hook up usb mouses and keyboards to the ps3?

silent_riku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#1338 silent_riku
Member since 2005 • 187 Posts
Oh My God.... OMG!!!!! It's almost upon us... and yet... I CAN'T AFFORD IT!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!
dscrubslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#1339 dscrubslayer
Member since 2005 • 291 Posts

I read they are selling both the boomerang controller and the SIXAXIS. Which is cool so when I get a ps3 I can use both of them!!  8)

the_mailman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1340 the_mailman
Member since 2003 • 497 Posts
yes the ps3 will be one of the best system ever made but some how i fill they just coyped off the wii with that motion sincer controller remember the firt controller they were going to makr that look like a boomerang what happend to that I AM JUST SAYINGjaysen2010
gyroscopic sensoring in mice was around way before the wii. if anything, Nintendo were the first copiers
zaitsev_v1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1341 zaitsev_v1
Member since 2005 • 72 Posts
Yeah, regardless of the discussion, I think Sony should have also released the boomerang controller, or at least let games decide for themselves if they would rather use the old design or the new design. But all in all I KNOW with all the complaining about the old design, there will be plenty of third party companies designing a better PS3 controller.
Driver2BM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1342 Driver2BM
I say keep the device that has never failed for over a decade! No problems here............plus, no other controller has such perfect symmetry that it is just a work of art!
Driver2BM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1343 Driver2BM
So far that I know or seen on store shelves is that they sell that horrible boomerang controller..........
Driver2BM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1344 Driver2BM
[QUOTE="Dante200X"]ok before this gets outta hand with the motion sensor.....
first-what do you guys (or girls) think the middle button on the PS3 does? I hope other ppl noticed besides me. In the demos. i didn't see anybody touch it and i was wondering what it's for

some ppl say it's like the 360's button in the middle

it's to turn on the PS3? No?
cell1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1345 cell1138
Member since 2006 • 1758 Posts
and off, and go to your XMB menu at anytime during anything... and other stuff 2
cell1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1346 cell1138
Member since 2006 • 1758 Posts
yes it will =) but im not gonna get that for a while....
jtsice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1347 jtsice
Member since 2005 • 612 Posts
Does anyone know if the controller recharges while the console is off or does it have to be on?
rey06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1348 rey06
Member since 2006 • 2699 Posts
today, sony is arrogant
ReU_GanJa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1349 ReU_GanJa
Member since 2004 • 835 Posts
It might be the same boring concept design but I personally like the Dual shock , everything is nice and close and its really easier to remember what is what. But thats just IMO..
jas4best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1350 jas4best

it doesnt have vibration????????????WT>>H im not used to play games without that feeling ....DaMN any suggestions???