***** ALL CONTROLLER DISCUSSION in here please******

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zakmac12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1251 zakmac12
Member since 2006 • 197 Posts
Well, you see Nintendo is full of babies, they want Sony to look like the bad guy. It's like when you may have been little your brother hits you and you tell your parent , your brother lies and you get in trouble because they like your brother more for some strange reason
You are Sony
Your brother is Nintendo
And Your parents are Gullible Gamers
Gilikon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1252 Gilikon
Member since 2004 • 347 Posts
Thanks for the comparison...but please keep your angst to yourself...
zakmac12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1253 zakmac12
Sorry, it's just that I'm a Sony Fanboy and I can't hold it in.
Avatar image for Josh_Knights198
Josh_Knights198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1254 Josh_Knights198
Member since 2004 • 130 Posts
I've asked this already but go no answer i think sum1 misinterpreted what i said, but is the whole sixaxis new dual shock blah blah blah what ever you wanna cool it it's gunna be great, is the whole motion sensor detection thingy gunna be implemented in the game? if anyone knows any info that would be great thanks
Avatar image for Josh_Knights198
Josh_Knights198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1255 Josh_Knights198
Member since 2004 • 130 Posts
woah my bad i meant to say in the game assasins creed...
Avatar image for i_c_dead_people
i_c_dead_people

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1256 i_c_dead_people
Member since 2006 • 283 Posts
I've asked this already but go no answer i think sum1 misinterpreted what i said, but is the whole sixaxis new dual shock blah blah blah what ever you wanna cool it it's gunna be great, is the whole motion sensor detection thingy gunna be implemented in the game? if anyone knows any info that would be great thanksJosh_Knights198
all i know is that the six axis features six motion sensers. I guess you can work it out from the name. Y no vibration though??
BrianB183

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1257 BrianB183
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Does anyone here know if the PS3 is going to be compatible with a mouse or keyboard?

Gilikon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1259 Gilikon
Member since 2004 • 347 Posts
Yeah, it's compatible with a keyboard, i don't know about a mouse though.
kirktheninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1260 kirktheninja
Member since 2006 • 70 Posts

well its probably been mentioned 20 times but:

back when th ps1 was still producing games sony had a controller that had tilt sensitivity so it was pretty much a cheap ps1 sixaxis, so why isnt everydoby yelling at nintendo because they took that ides????

i know that it was pripably used before the ps1 as well but im just making a point

diablofan02
So true. Oh and the PS3 will be able to have both a keyboard and mouse hookup, to give more of a PC gamer experience for FPS like Unreal Tournament.
dimension4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#1261 dimension4
Member since 2006 • 1352 Posts

i heard the controller wont have a rumble pack because of the wireless sensors. so is this true that the controllor wont vibrate anymore just so i can have a dumb sensor that will mess me up if i moved a little and the controller moved?

if so then might they make a better controller later with a rumble pack in it and mabey triggers?

dimension4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#1262 dimension4
Member since 2006 • 1352 Posts

i heard the controller wont have a rumble pack because of the wireless sensors. so is this true that the controllor wont vibrate anymore just so i can have a dumb sensor that will mess me up if i moved a little and the controller moved?

if so then might they make a better controller later with a rumble pack in it and mabey triggers?

cannibal127-9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1263 cannibal127-9
Member since 2002 • 573 Posts

same post but yeh.. I think Sony Should add battery compartments so when the batteries die.. u can change them ur self. Mrbiggerdems

Its unlikely the controller batteries will die.  But, in the case they do, in say 5 or 6 years, then Sony has pre emptively agreed to change them for the consumer.  I don't see a big deal...  I have used blue tooth devices since the technology came out with no battery probs.  I don't mind recharging the battery or worrying about it.  Even IF it went out, the USB cable it comes with STILL plugs in.

jackvancouver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1264 jackvancouver
Member since 2006 • 51 Posts
I need a bit of a mini poll, how many people here say that rumble is totally dead and Sixaxis in?
rockerc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1265 rockerc2
Member since 2006 • 74 Posts
I think the Six Axis idea is pretty cool. And about the battery recharging thing, plugging it in and playing with the USB cord attached isn't that big of a hassel. Plus i'm buying another controller for ps3 so I can play 2 player with people. So one of them won't be used much except for when playing with friends.So when the time comes, IF it does, that the batteries go out. I can use the other controller. until the controller i sent off to get it's batteries replaced comes back. no biggie.
rockerc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1266 rockerc2
Member since 2006 • 74 Posts

I need a bit of a mini poll, how many people here say that rumble is totally dead and Sixaxis in?jackvancouver

i think sixaxis is totally in. i never used rumble anyhow, always turned it off,

cell1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1267 cell1138
Member since 2006 • 1758 Posts
do u know if i can put my ps2 controller in my ps3? i looked at it and im not sure... i dont want to buy 3 more controllers ( or does it come with 4 controllers?) anyway if you know just reply back plz
zakmac12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1268 zakmac12
There is an adapter in development for $5

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802566

I don't know how to linkify it sorry
zerox0409

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#1269 zerox0409
Member since 2003 • 2190 Posts

I typed this a while ago...This is in response to people who think Sony is stealing Nintendo's "idea":

That type of technology is not new. Just because Nintendo is "using it" for their controllers doesn't mean that it is THEIR technology. Using actual 'kinetic control' is something that was developed long ago. Sony just decided to take advantage of it now...quit the whining and realize it was only a matter of time until it would happen. Just wait, either X360 will eventually feature this, or for sure the next Microsoft console will too. It's not Nintendo's creation, just the way they used it.

Not to mention, the way Sony is using this technology is completely different from the way Nintendo is using it. Sony's way is more of a "tilt" function for flight games, etc. Whereas Nintendo's controller can be used for fishing games where the controller is forcefully "cast" like a fishing rod....it's different.

RotaryRX7

and yet you have to admit that this arguement is also true.

Shortly after Nintendo had unveiled the Wii Remote Sony's controller changed from another Dual-Shock clone into the "Sixaxis" don't you find that just the slightest bit strange?.

and more recently, the ability to download "a selection of ps1 and ps2 games" will be available... sounds a bit like Nintendo's Virtual Console doesn't it?,
Also you will be able to download "Classic Arcade style games" much in the fashion of Microsoft's Xbox-Live Arcade...

with these arguements, can you truly say Sony hasn't been biting off the ideas and advancements of Microsoft and Nintendo?... think before you post a reply, it'll come to you.
predator1015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#1270 predator1015
Member since 2005 • 710 Posts

read

i really don't care about the loss of vibration. The sixaxis is definently worth it. i use the wireless PS2 remote and alway turn the vibration off in order to conserve batteries, so i'm used to no vibration. the sixaxis looks cool enough.

cardiac_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1271 cardiac_cat
Member since 2006 • 301 Posts
yea the loss of vibration doesnt concern me at all. i would rather have a active feature over a REactive feature anyday. plus after hours of game play you sort of didnt even notice the controller was vibrating anyway cuz you jus get accustomed to it. def. not copying nintendo i dont know why people want to try to say things of that nature about sony, i guess it is just easy to hate the best.
TheAnointedOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1272 TheAnointedOne
Member since 2003 • 60 Posts

I'm pissed they got rid of the vibration function. I like the rumble, it makes me feel more drawn into my game, like shooters or drivers. I like feeling the car rumble or the gun fire, etc. It makes the game come alive. It seems dumb to drop dual shock for motion sensory. If Wii can have both, why can't the PS3? Stupid.

I'll bet next year when the PS3's price goes down, they'll miraculously come out with a controller with motion sensory and vibration function. Just like when they shrunk the PS2 down after everyone already had one. *sneers*

beefalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1273 beefalo
Member since 2003 • 302 Posts
Can anyone clear this up for me? Everywhere I look it says the PS3 will support 7 bluetooth controllers at once. That sounds great but then why are there only 4 LEDs for four players on the controller itself? So let me recap for those who are too lazy to read: Supports 7 controllers. Only 4 LEDs on top to indicate player. Am I missing something???
GameFreak34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1274 GameFreak34
Member since 2003 • 671 Posts

Can anyone clear this up for me? Everywhere I look it says the PS3 will support 7 bluetooth controllers at once. That sounds great but then why are there only 4 LEDs for four players on the controller itself? So let me recap for those who are too lazy to read: Supports 7 controllers. Only 4 LEDs on top to indicate player. Am I missing something???beefalo

i think you need to get an extra adaptor for multiplayer, but i could be wrong,

it might just work like the multitab for the PS2...

it all began with... birth by sleep

beefalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1275 beefalo

[QUOTE="beefalo"]Can anyone clear this up for me? Everywhere I look it says the PS3 will support 7 bluetooth controllers at once. That sounds great but then why are there only 4 LEDs for four players on the controller itself? So let me recap for those who are too lazy to read: Supports 7 controllers. Only 4 LEDs on top to indicate player. Am I missing something???GameFreak34

it might just work like the multitab for the PS2...

err...i know that you can connect all seven since they are wireless...and maybe charge a maximum of two at a time....my question is that on the controller there are four lights on the top to indicate what player you are...as in player 1 player 2 player 3 player 4....but if sony supports 7 controllers...where are the lights for players 5 6 and 7?

livinlegend222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1276 livinlegend222
Member since 2006 • 108 Posts

i like the whole tilt idea but not at the expense of the rumble feature....this idea coult really improve gameplay or could be a pain in the ass......they shoulda changed the controller up like the xbox did wit the 360 controller.....the wiimote on the other hand is only for children...it would be funny at first but after a day or 2 youll stop and think about how ridiculously stupid you look

zakmac12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1277 zakmac12

[QUOTE="GameFreak34"]

[QUOTE="beefalo"]Can anyone clear this up for me? Everywhere I look it says the PS3 will support 7 bluetooth controllers at once. That sounds great but then why are there only 4 LEDs for four players on the controller itself? So let me recap for those who are too lazy to read: Supports 7 controllers. Only 4 LEDs on top to indicate player. Am I missing something???beefalo

it might just work like the multitab for the PS2...

err...i know that you can connect all seven since they are wireless...and maybe charge a maximum of two at a time....my question is that on the controller there are four lights on the top to indicate what player you are...as in player 1 player 2 player 3 player 4....but if sony supports 7 controllers...where are the lights for players 5 6 and 7?

1 controller- light 1
2 controller- light 2
3 controller- light 3
4 controller- light 4
5 controller- light 1 and 2
6 controller- light 2 and 3
7 controller- light 3 and 4
beefalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1278 beefalo
[QUOTE="beefalo"]

[QUOTE="GameFreak34"]

[QUOTE="beefalo"]Can anyone clear this up for me? Everywhere I look it says the PS3 will support 7 bluetooth controllers at once. That sounds great but then why are there only 4 LEDs for four players on the controller itself? So let me recap for those who are too lazy to read: Supports 7 controllers. Only 4 LEDs on top to indicate player. Am I missing something???zakmac12

it might just work like the multitab for the PS2...

1 controller- light 1
2 controller- light 2
3 controller- light 3
4 controller- light 4
5 controller- light 1 and 2
6 controller- light 2 and 3
7 controller- light 3 and 4

oh wow thanks....hrmmm mite make more sense if they did: 1 and 4 = 5 2 and 4 = 6 3 and 4 = 7 then again there are seven possible players they could have done it with only 3 lights if they used binary =P
ShockG707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 279

#1279 ShockG707
Member since 2003 • 1306 Posts
Hori Considering Rumble Controller
The Sixaxis controller could shake after all.
by Anoop Gantayat

October 27, 2006 - The latest issue of Famitsu PS2 has a short Q&A session with Hori, maker of some of the finest officially-licensed PlayStation 2 peripherals. The biggest bit from the interview concerns a piece of technology that's missing from Sony's new Sixaxis controller: rumble.

Asked if Hori was considering a peripheral to give PS3 players the gift of shake, the representative stated, "We have some ideas. However, we'd need cooperation from software makers."

Let's hope some third parties are willing to make their games compatible with a non-standard rumble accessory.

Hori has three PS3 related items due for release at the Japanese launch. A multi card reader/writer, compatible with Memory Stick, SD, Compact Flash and a variety of other cards, will retail for 2,604 yen. Hori will also release a set of SD cards in 256 MB (2,880 yen), 512 MB (3,980 yen) and 1 Gigabyte (6,780 yen) flavors.

None of these products are strictly for the PS3 -- in fact, they don't even contain the PS3 logo. But Hori is a big player in the peripheral business, so we expect true peripherals to appear in the not-so-distant future. And hopefully, some of them will bring rumble back to PlayStation gaming.
kala_mari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1280 kala_mari
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
i guess even with the lost of vibration in the controller...it wont really make that much difference once u get used to it... make no mistake i was pretty pissed off when they took the feature away...but there isn't much i can do since i want the PS3 so badly!!!!!!!! Plus there isn't any rumble feature in a keyboeard but i still find it fun playing DoD, CoD especially on it....
kala_mari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1281 kala_mari
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Hori Considering Rumble Controller
The Sixaxis controller could shake after all.
by Anoop Gantayat

October 27, 2006 ShockG707
ooohhh....rumble in the sixaxis controller....BONUS!!!!
tHeFuTuReHeAd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1282 tHeFuTuReHeAd
Member since 2006 • 383 Posts

bit of a random thought i had:

loco roco/mercury style games would be absolutely mad with the SIXAXIS controller!

:D

austin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1283 austin
Member since 2002 • 424 Posts
When does sony think they will have controllers to buy?
Unhurtable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1284 Unhurtable
Member since 2006 • 152 Posts
the sixaxis would be twice as good if it had rumble

it would increase the "reality" in the games
diablos101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#1285 diablos101
Member since 2003 • 1077 Posts

it would of been cool to see a new design for the playstation controller, but i guess that because its a successful brand (sony) and people acknowldge the standard controller as the playstation, perhaps by changing it over may of confused newbies.

Or that sony couldnt be bothered to create a new design (scmatics) and money to develop controllers when the previous one is already good enuf...

just an idea :)
djsundowner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#1286 djsundowner
Member since 2006 • 995 Posts
I'm glad it's dual-shock style again.  I hate having to learn a new controller set-up every time a new system comes out.  (I still can't get my hands around any generation of x-box controller- those buttons feel like ju-ju-bees).  I do admit that I have small hands, though, and I have friends with larger hands that just don't like the dual-shock. (But it does give me an advantage hehe).
ninjaw04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1287 ninjaw04
Member since 2004 • 226 Posts
I just hate the fact that the ps3 controllers will no longer have the rumble feature...i have been so used to rumble in my games...its gonna be wierd playing a first person shooter and not feel the sensation of getting shot at...or playing football and sacking the quarterback...or waiting for that slight shake in the controller in prince of persia to stab the boss...or swinging at the undead in GOD OF WAR...and............
slyfox74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1288 slyfox74
Member since 2006 • 1384 Posts
i personally like the idea of axis instead of rumble, most of the time im so focused in on the game i dont feel a rumble or hear my mother telling me it's time for dinner.....the system comes with one sixaxis correct?
Orthrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1289 Orthrand
Member since 2005 • 229 Posts
1) Point im not anti Sony well much but the sticks for the PS3 dissapoint theyre still in the same place as when they were tacked on to the PS1 controller.They may have become less sensitive with this installment but theyre not exactly ergonomical.
--the PS3 controller is nothing like the wiimote.
Also the sensitivity of gesture reconition will probably be developer settable, so in ace combat its like a virtual contol
stick, while in other games itll take a good foot of movement to have the desired effect, say doing a melee blow in a shooter game.
--Wheras with the wimote you have the precision of a mouse
such high prcision, in fact, that it being too close to the sensor bar means that the remote becomes too sensitive.  The wimote has much more sophisticated motion sensing etc, this fact cannot be disputed.
--The concepts differ too, the PS3 contoll pad is most lightly to be relegated to game enrichment, I wouldnt expect anything along the lines of trauma center et al on PS3
--As for Microsoft they have in the past stated that a camera based peripheral may be used for gesture detection. porbably in the same way (but better) voice was used in the first Rainbow six for the xbox.

silent_riku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1290 silent_riku
Member since 2005 • 187 Posts
I was thinking to myself the other night.... what if the PS3 controller could be.... well sliced in the middle? I mean it would still look like a Dual Shock Controller or should I say A Motion Sensor Controller... but when you play FPS games you could seperate the controller so that one would be for movement and the other was for motion sensing and gun pumping trigger so that you could have more feel to it.... it  would... seem like the Wii Controller but this one can be put back together like for platformer games right? I know no one likes waving a stick around just to make a character JUMP!!.... the motion sensory is right now located at the middle of the controller... but what if they put it at the right side so that you could detach it.... it sounds insane but... it was just me thinking about for no reason.... please I don't want anyone to make fun of me... it was just a suggestion... if you hate it... keep it to yourself please? I need more sugar.... MY BRAIN CELLS ARE DIYING!!!
rasta01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1291 rasta01
Member since 2005 • 49 Posts
THIS has got to be the most backwards move in gameing.. SONY!! u idiots!!!!-- RUMBLE is a staple that is here to stay.imagine playing boxing-every hit the user takes he feels it in his controller-no not on sony's ps3!!!...........driving games where you feel the shake of the engine,bumps in the road,crashes,-no not on sony's ps3...SONY IS DUMB!!!!!...full auto 2--but no rumble--SHHHHH!!! stupid. madden-no rumble the list goes on of dumb shhhhhh this sisssiyyy axxisss is for nerds and dweebs!!! why couldn't sony have made two controllers.one sixxaxxis and one dual shock 3...
Avatar image for naughtydogmania
naughtydogmania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#1292 naughtydogmania
Member since 2005 • 1824 Posts
U can say that again... HOW IS IT GOING TO BE??!! SO VIRTUAL!!!!!!!!!! jesuuuuuusssss..... i like realistic games not games that look like games. lol :)
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1293 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
[QUOTE="naughtydogmania"]U can say that again... HOW IS IT GOING TO BE??!! SO VIRTUAL!!!!!!!!!! jesuuuuuusssss..... i like realistic games not games that look like games. lol :)

YOU'RE ALIVE!!!!!!!!!! BTW the controller is awesome. :P
Avatar image for naughtydogmania
naughtydogmania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#1294 naughtydogmania
Member since 2005 • 1824 Posts
[QUOTE="rogerjak"][QUOTE="naughtydogmania"]U can say that again... HOW IS IT GOING TO BE??!! SO VIRTUAL!!!!!!!!!! jesuuuuuusssss..... i like realistic games not games that look like games. lol :)

YES i know.... lol =p i prefered the previous "boomerang" controler... exept, of course, the fact of NOT HAVING VIBRATION!!
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1295 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
[QUOTE="naughtydogmania"][QUOTE="rogerjak"][QUOTE="naughtydogmania"]U can say that again... HOW IS IT GOING TO BE??!! SO VIRTUAL!!!!!!!!!! jesuuuuuusssss..... i like realistic games not games that look like games. lol :)

YES i know.... lol =p i prefered the previous "boomerang" controler... exept, of course, the fact of NOT HAVING VIBRATION!!

Meh. don't care THAT much for the rumble
Orthrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1296 Orthrand
Member since 2005 • 229 Posts
I dont get why they dont have rumble as the wiimote includes  it.
ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#1297 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts
doesn't fit in there with the sensor monitor. just can't do it man. i know it sucks.
I dont get why they dont have rumble as the wiimote includes  it.
Orthrand
diablos101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1298 diablos101
Member since 2003 • 1077 Posts
probs lack of planning, or would increase the cost in the controllers... hy u never know sony may bring out a "tilt n rumble" pad lateron, as the playstation controller didnt come with an analogue control pad and especially not a rumble one..

If sony doesnt do it, then a 3rd party would manufacture it as its a market they would expoid and then sony would have no other choice but to make the "tilt n rumble" joypad as they be losing business as eveyone would be flocking to but the 3rd partys pad...

alot of pads were said it these few sentences but hey... were talking bout pads here :P
silent_riku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1299 silent_riku
Member since 2005 • 187 Posts

Bring the rumble back please? or please Sony at least read my message about my thought which kinda sounds funny but to me is cool... It's located at Page 129 the very last comment made on that page... people please give reactions about that comment please? I want to know who like my Idea... though it seems a little dumb....

NSFW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1300 NSFW
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
thats wrong