***** ALL CONTROLLER DISCUSSION in here please******

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gabwa007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1151 gabwa007
Member since 2003 • 615 Posts
Rumble made the game made teh game seem so much more real! I don t wanna been seen shaking a controller like an idiot. -_-
DarthUnchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1152 DarthUnchi
Member since 2005 • 450 Posts

3. Lighter controller, making it less physically exhausting to move the controller about.

cannibal127-9

I seriously hope that your 3rd point is one of either sarcasm or jest bc if playing video games (excluding the likes of DDR or EyeToy) is that demanding on your body you should really get your deconditioned @$$ off of the couch and outside for some exercise. 

"1. Extended internal battery life"  ----This will be a moot point if the controller can outlast you.  A 20 minute battery life may suffice.

"2. Tilt feature will make games far more realistic and interactive. (Resistance:FoM utilizes it, in the sense that when an enemy grapples you, you physically shake the controller to get the beast off. " -------Consider supplemental oxygen or 2 months of conditioning training before attempting to reduce the risk of cardiac failure. To your credit this does sound like a cool innovative way to use the tilt function but its not worth crippling yourself over :|

mojoefro007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1153 mojoefro007
Member since 2006 • 103 Posts

I typed this a while ago...This is in response to people who think Sony is stealing Nintendo's "idea":

That type of technology is not new. Just because Nintendo is "using it" for their controllers doesn't mean that it is THEIR technology. Using actual 'kinetic control' is something that was developed long ago. Sony just decided to take advantage of it now...quit the whining and realize it was only a matter of time until it would happen. Just wait, either X360 will eventually feature this, or for sure the next Microsoft console will too. It's not Nintendo's creation, just the way they used it.

Not to mention, the way Sony is using this technology is completely different from the way Nintendo is using it. Sony's way is more of a "tilt" function for flight games, etc. Whereas Nintendo's controller can be used for fishing games where the controller is forcefully "cast" like a fishing rod....it's different.

RotaryRX7
people who say sony stole from nintendo don't say it because they think it's new tech. its because sony decided AFTER nintendo showed off their new controllers at e3 not because of the special tech.
tokage2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1154 tokage2006
Member since 2005 • 60 Posts
like how long do u think it'll be till they make a turbo controller
SiRrOmNaD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1155 SiRrOmNaD
Member since 2003 • 44 Posts
I tihnk before that sony will make a wireless tilt controller with vibration. extra 60 bucks right there.
Ineor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1156 Ineor
Member since 2005 • 84 Posts
the button in the centre of the controller is a home button. used to log in to game accounts, sort out optons and turn the ps3 off. very similar to the xbox 360 controller.
Ineor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1157 Ineor
Member since 2005 • 84 Posts
im with u brother!
ecuador007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1158 ecuador007
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
:roll:some one know how works . i saw in the video from ps3 they put like a moster card  on the table  them  the card make a moster and they fight how its work.:roll:
dan_brouwer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1159 dan_brouwer
Member since 2006 • 1111 Posts
:roll:some one know how works . i saw in the video from ps3 they put like a moster card on the table them the card make a moster and they fight how its work.:roll:ecuador007
Eye of Judgement
wangs0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1160 wangs0r
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="ecuador007"]:roll:some one know how works . i saw in the video from ps3 they put like a moster card on the table them the card make a moster and they fight how its work.:roll:dan_brouwer
Eye of Judgement

Dont you mean Eye of Gimmicks?
Akush47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1161 Akush47
Member since 2005 • 1611 Posts
i still love the controller.!
googleadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#1162 googleadam
Member since 2005 • 3203 Posts
[QUOTE="dan_brouwer"][QUOTE="ecuador007"]:roll:some one know how works . i saw in the video from ps3 they put like a moster card on the table them the card make a moster and they fight how its work.:roll:wangs0r
Eye of Judgement

Dont you mean Eye of Gimmicks?

nope Judgements, look it up in theSearch box
zakmac12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1163 zakmac12
Member since 2006 • 197 Posts
The PS3 Controller is called the "SIXAXIS' now, isn't it?
Elite_Jounin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1164 Elite_Jounin
Member since 2006 • 345 Posts
NO, not really it just has that capability of moving and it catching Six Axis points....Understand?
googleadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1165 googleadam
The PS3 Controller is called the "SIXAXIS' now, isn't it?zakmac12
i heard that!!!
Elite_Jounin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1166 Elite_Jounin
Would have like to try out the silver controller it looks HOOTT, but i guest the same style is not to bad. Although i will miss the dual shock feature:evil:
googleadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1167 googleadam
Would have like to try out the silver controller it looks HOOTT, but i guest the same style is not to bad. Although i will miss the dual shock feature:evil:Elite_Jounin
idk about the silver, black heck ya :D
Elite_Jounin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1168 Elite_Jounin
Well all-in-all playstation has yet to fall and they think things out prettty well before releasing. In other words, I have faith in them plus.....i guess the black is always a clean look heh? cant get dirty! :)
Avatar image for Louis_Routledge
Louis_Routledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1169 Louis_Routledge
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts
The motion sensor will let us make quick movement such as rolling, jumping etc. I think the whole concept is great. The Wii, IMHO is a novelty product.
googleadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1170 googleadam
Well all-in-all playstation has yet to fall and they think things out prettty well before releasing. In other words, I have faith in them plus.....i guess the black is always a clean look heh? cant get dirty! :)Elite_Jounin
true true. It would be bad if it was white controllers
bloobers50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1171 bloobers50
Member since 2006 • 200 Posts
hmmmm, i might be mistakin, but there is no rumble feature on this controller? 0-0
zakmac12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1172 zakmac12
Here are the Photos! May I point your attention to the Blue Logo print on each controller http://www.thegamefeed.com/storage/images/News/PS3%20Controller%20Sixaxis%20Logo.jpg http://www.thegamefeed.com/storage/images/News/PS3%20Controller%20Sixaxis.jpg
googleadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1173 googleadam

Here are the Photos! May I point your attention to the Blue Logo print on each controller

Here

and

Herezakmac12

linkified!!!!!!!

googleadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1174 googleadam

[QUOTE="zakmac12"]Here are the Photos! May I point your attention to the Blue Logo print on each controller

Here

and

Heregoogleadam

linkified!!!!!!!

idk they look like Photoshop!!! i could do that and put the SIXAXIS on there. But ill wait and see :)
fishheads111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1175 fishheads111
Member since 2005 • 1213 Posts

well..i decided to summarize this topic..since i dont feel like going through every of the 1000 some posts...

Its pretty much a dual shock controller...that is chrome (other colors?)...it has more trigger-like L2/R2 buttons, higher sensitivity (10-bit, not 8-bit) its analog sticks can move further than before, the mystery middle button is a "home" button..like on the 360...so u can play music in game..or pretty much do w.e the heck u want.

It has a motion function thing..not stolen or copied from somewhere else, it is used mainly for flying games.

Annoying buzzer has been removed...aka...no more rumble..it would interfere with sensors

it has Bluetooth technology...approx...actually....im quite confused...some ppl say 10m range..others 30m...

it has a pathetic 24/hr battery life, but can be recharged by connecting with the console..similiar to how many mp3 players r charged to computers...

which leaves only one thing unaswered..besides the range....why back to dual shock..why oh why....

gbjy_cn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1176 gbjy_cn

I dont really think the motion sensor is such a good ideal though. It will be cool just like what Wii promotion video shows such as slash ur enemy with a real slash action....But how can u play like this relaxly ad for a long time? What if I just want to lay dowm on my bed and enjoy the game? I mean it is cool but not really that good for every kind of game.

Also miss the rumble function will be bad, it really make u feel more realistic when not have to use any shrength(not like pointing the controller to the screen all the time).

I think some times the motion sensor just makes gaming harder..........The best way should be having both function nbut u can actually select to use then or not, just like the rumble function now. that will be ideal isnt it? 

Avatar image for live4thepackers
live4thepackers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1177 live4thepackers
Member since 2006 • 13348 Posts

I dont really think the motion sensor is such a good ideal though. It will be cool just like what Wii promotion video shows such as slash ur enemy with a real slash action....But how can u play like this relaxly ad for a long time? What if I just want to lay dowm on my bed and enjoy the game? I mean it is cool but not really that good for every kind of game.

Also miss the rumble function will be bad, it really make u feel more realistic when not have to use any shrength(not like pointing the controller to the screen all the time).

I think some times the motion sensor just makes gaming harder..........The best way should be having both function nbut u can actually select to use then or not, just like the rumble function now. that will be ideal isnt it? 

gbjy_cn
the ps3 isnt going to rely on the motion sensors for every game like the wii is, and how much does a vibrating controller add to a game
googleadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1178 googleadam
[QUOTE="gbjy_cn"]

live4thepackers
the ps3 isnt going to rely on the motion sensors for every game like the wii is, and how much does a vibrating controller add to a game

also yu dont need to ALWAYS point it at the system!!
Avatar image for live4thepackers
live4thepackers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1179 live4thepackers
Member since 2006 • 13348 Posts
exactly
PacBoy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1180 PacBoy23
Member since 2004 • 9505 Posts

Here are the Photos! May I point your attention to the Blue Logo print on each controller http://www.thegamefeed.com/storage/images/News/PS3%20Controller%20Sixaxis%20Logo.jpg

http://www.thegamefeed.com/storage/images/News/PS3%20Controller%20Sixaxis.jpg  zakmac12

zakmac12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1181 zakmac12
Hooray! I was right about the SixAxis name!
Check the main page.
cogeco999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1182 cogeco999
no they probably wont
darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1183 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts
whats thisand can you people tell me whats so special about it??
zakmac12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1184 zakmac12
www.fanatec.com

you will find all your answers there young grasshopper:shock:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1186 78987

I typed this a while ago...This is in response to people who think Sony is stealing Nintendo's "idea":

That type of technology is not new. Just because Nintendo is "using it" for their controllers doesn't mean that it is THEIR technology. Using actual 'kinetic control' is something that was developed long ago. Sony just decided to take advantage of it now...quit the whining and realize it was only a matter of time until it would happen. Just wait, either X360 will eventually feature this, or for sure the next Microsoft console will too. It's not Nintendo's creation, just the way they used it.

Not to mention, the way Sony is using this technology is completely different from the way Nintendo is using it. Sony's way is more of a "tilt" function for flight games, etc. Whereas Nintendo's controller can be used for fishing games where the controller is forcefully "cast" like a fishing rod....it's different.

RotaryRX7

THANKYOU SO MUCH for clarifying and justifying tilt tech in the new controller correctly for all you haters aout there. I humble you!

zeke47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1187 zeke47
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
i heard that there will be ports for PS2 dualshock controllers is that true or is it just people making rumors
rasta01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1188 rasta01
Member since 2005 • 49 Posts
sony is making a big mistake.. rumble in videogames is a big advancement and it's here to stay as a standard it;s like the inclusion of fuel injection (in cars)and the use of gasoline over diesel. rumble brought players closer to the game just like -movie like storytelling...and removing it takes gamers out....SONY don't put back a very important staple in videogaming they WILL be in BIG trouble.no way in hell can tilting controllers be a replacment to rumble, it can be an alternative but not a replacement......YOU cannot push this on people.. I for one see no interest in tilting,shaking,and my controller stiff as a dead horse while action is going on,on the screen...sony can make two controllers--and also stop making excuses...not alot of people is over zelous about trying to play games without buttons,very big gamble for putting all your chips on an experimental first time thing...just cause nintendo is doing it.....gamers who work and want to ome home,turn on,lay back and push some buttons for a few hours... SONY----if they keep the biggest inclusion ever in videogaming out they wil put themself in a huge hole!!!!!....think of rumble as fuel injection that replaced carborators,gasoline that replaced deisel,cd that replaced cartrage,cd that replaced a cassette,....this is one of those things you can have together but not as a replacement...... you can have ketchup with mustard----ketchup or mustard---but not outlaw ketchup for mustard indeffinately!!!! you will lose...imagine mustard with barbeque..SONY is doing some very dumb moves!!!!!..reminds me of the nfl and ea....videogames seem to be goin too mainstream and that is hurting the core gamer the ones that was there since day one,infancy............it's going from underground to pop.....
cannibal127-9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1189 cannibal127-9
Member since 2002 • 573 Posts
While your argument is justified and the loss of the rumble may make a slight impact, I serious disagree that it's likely to destroy the system's chance of success.  I have used the licensed Logitech Wireless controller on PS2 for some months now, and shortly after purchase it stopped vibrating.  Honestly, I haven't noticed much a difference. 
shawnomac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#1190 shawnomac
Member since 2003 • 647 Posts
some games do rumble features very well and use it at propper times. other times its used so much that it gets irritating and painful. on many of my games i have turned it off and dont notice a difference.
i believe it was Kaz Harai that said they had to choose between a feedback function or a input function.
when you think about it, the rumble doesnt realisticly do anything in the game but the sixaxis functionality could add a lot more control to actual gameplay. in this day and age we need every extra button and action we can get.
googleadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1192 googleadam
While your argument is justified and the loss of the rumble may make a slight impact, I serious disagree that it's likely to destroy the system's chance of success.  I have used the licensed Logitech Wireless controller on PS2 for some months now, and shortly after purchase it stopped vibrating.  Honestly, I haven't noticed much a difference.  cannibal127-9
i really dont notice the vibration...
calumwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1193 calumwhite
Member since 2006 • 114 Posts
new controller suks they should have kept the boomerangoscar530
It's just the same as the Playstation 2 ones, what's wrong with that..
alsab3a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1194 alsab3a
?
ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#1196 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts
i just wanna hold it. i'll make judgement then
Remy_Labue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1197 Remy_Labue
Member since 2003 • 327 Posts
   I've been researching online in multiple forums trying to find this information and can't for the life of me, so I figured I'd ask here. I understand the the PS3 controllers are usb plug and play, and bluetooth wireless, but is there a way to plug a PS2 controller into the system? Are they releasing a PS2 to USB converter for that? The only reason I ask is because I'm a die hard Guitar Hero fan, and I'd like to use the Guitar Hero controller on the PS3. Maybe Red Octane has relased info on a possible release of the Guitar controller for the PS3 specifically?
MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1198 MoldOnHold
Member since 2005 • 11760 Posts
I'd be completely fine with the boomerang controller, just for the fact that the DualShock2 controller just seems dated for me. I've been forced to use that for years, and by the looks of it, I'll still have to.
MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1199 MoldOnHold
dammit sony! I don't need motion sensing controllers! just give me back the rumble! hell, look at the 360/xbox/ps2/gamecube. no motion sensing, but works damn fine with the rumble
MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1200 MoldOnHold
[QUOTE="cannibal127-9"]While your argument is justified and the loss of the rumble may make a slight impact, I serious disagree that it's likely to destroy the system's chance of success. I have used the licensed Logitech Wireless controller on PS2 for some months now, and shortly after purchase it stopped vibrating. Honestly, I haven't noticed much a difference. googleadam
i really dont notice the vibration...

one might not notice vibration in say, platformers, but it's very important in FPS and shooters in general. the fact that you press a trigger and you don't feel the vibration of your gun firing, it just leaves an empty feeling...