***** ALL CONTROLLER DISCUSSION in here please******

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Fresh769

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1201 Fresh769
Member since 2006 • 252 Posts
Personally I am a big fan of the new controller even though it does lack vibration, I do like the motion sensing after watching some demonstration videos. Also I do like how they kept the simplicity of the Dualshock design because I am used to it. I hope that the triggers don't go as far back as the ones on the 360 do.
blahblahblah88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1202 blahblahblah88
Member since 2006 • 69 Posts
[QUOTE="darkmagician06"][QUOTE="cyow"]It has triggers.

Emerson has design a new controller that has the tilt function and the dual shock all in one controller.
Raven128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1203 Raven128
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
The PS3 controller won't have rumble until Sony pulls their head out of their collective butt and settles the lawsuit with Immersion. I don't know if this was posted already, but for those who haven't heard, Immersion Corp. is suing Sony over patent infringement on rumble tech in the Dualshock controller. The whole "rumble will interfere with the motion sensing in the controller" argument that Sony's given us is a load of crap, they just don't want to pony up the dough. Even the president of Immersion Corp. said that including rumble and the tilting would be no problem.
I mean, I'm a fan of the PS3, and I want it to do well, but I don't think Sony is gonna win this one. That's why I'm hoping they can come to some kind of settlement.
After all, in time the 360 is going to bomb (due to a lack of support from Japanese game developers), and the inferior hardware in the Wii will start to really hurt the system (once the novelty of the Wii-mote wears off). That puts my money on the PS3; all I want is both motion and rumble in one controller. Is that too much to ask?
Uri555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1204 Uri555
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
ok...ok....i get it fanboys are mad,but seriously enough is enough im sick and tired of people who complain about who stole what from who. ENOUGH ALREADY!!!! I like the PS3 controller and I dont think that PS3 stole but u know what that's just me. and personally I DONT CARE IF U THINK DIFFERENT!!!!
ninerkepley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1205 ninerkepley
Member since 2005 • 49 Posts
Im sure this has been discussed already, but I must have missed it.  Has sony retracted the statement about playing with 7 bluetooth controllers?  There are only 4 lights on the controller displaying what player you are, whats the deal?
Mario86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1206 Mario86
Member since 2005 • 137 Posts

ey do you guys know if the ps logo in the controllers has a red light, or its just in this pic?

http://www.news4gamers.com/ps3/ViewImageOrg-O12092-I12094.aspx

zakmac12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1207 zakmac12
Member since 2006 • 197 Posts
My uncle says it really has a red light on the PS button

And He also says that he belives it supports 7 or 8 Controllers.

(he works for SCEA)
Avatar image for deactivated-5f063175485d4
deactivated-5f063175485d4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#1208 deactivated-5f063175485d4
Member since 2002 • 1451 Posts

The controller formula is awesome.  Wireless is even better.  i will miss the shaking feature though.  I think it has more value added than tilting a controller a little more.

The banana would have killed the market.

Fresh769

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1209 Fresh769

The IGN guys said that the triggers felt sticky and uncomfortable, this leaves me skeptical and a little worried about the quality of the controller.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/738/738858p2.html

L-Unit456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1210 L-Unit456
Member since 2006 • 64 Posts
[QUOTE="jrhawk42"]What the dual shock again????!?!?!?  Why couldn't we get a new controller.  The dual shock has been cramping my hand for 10 years now.  If we beg sony do you think they'll give use 2 controller designs to choose from?

i agree.Sony screwed with the PSX:it had 2 controler ports.They screwed again with the PS2:Only 2 controller ports.And now they screwed with the PS3:It only has 2 controller PORTS!
zakmac12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1211 zakmac12
I think that one of the good things about not having vibration is that the Lithium-ion battery can be contained inside the handels and not be in a huge battery pack.
Avatar image for childofdaredsun_1
childofdaredsun_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1212 childofdaredsun_1
Member since 2004 • 217 Posts
Never thought of that, but it makes good sense! i agree. As for the controller, In my opinion the the original two playstation controllers are awesome (psx and ps2) and now with the ps3 we get yet another updated and refreshed controller. In all honesty it feels far better than the gamecube and Xbox and 360 controllers, much more intuitive, at least to my hands. i've never cramped on these before so i'm happy we're getting it back instead of that wacky boomerang, though it's contemporary enough to match my furniture. As for the lack of vibration, not a big issue to me, i am a PC and PS2 gamer at the moment and so i realize that Vibration isnt really that important, or noticable. tilt function on the other hand, thats awesome, giving another edge to the player, another form of control, unlike the vibration which causes no gameplay enhancements (^.^)V
Viper118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1213 Viper118
Member since 2003 • 83 Posts
Rumble definitely adds something, but I don't expect to be playing a PS3 game and pause to think, "Y'know, a little vibration there would've been nice."  Hopefully the addition of the tilt feature will more than makeup for the missing rumble.  My only concern is the possibility of the controller being too light.
ScottHFC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1214 ScottHFC
Member since 2006 • 364 Posts

Is it just me that thinks the way technology is going is annoying? who wants ultra slim mobile phones that snap in your pocket or ps controllers that float  in mid air coz there so light ,its stupid bigger better, thats the way too go. infact wouldnt that help the ps3? 3 different sizes of controller Small medium and large, wouldnt that stop the cramps people get?? [EDIT] As for the pad (as i call it) being sticky and uncomfotable, that was the same as all new stuff after half an hour of playing it ill be just like a PS2 pad.

Super_Sean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1215 Super_Sean
Member since 2006 • 43 Posts
do we know the controller price yet?

Avatar image for Josh_Knights198
Josh_Knights198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1216 Josh_Knights198
Member since 2004 • 130 Posts

This question may have been answered in the forum already but i havn't got time to read through all 122 pages, although i have done a little looking about on the net and still can't find an answer, so it is... will the PS3 come with 1 or 2 controllers?? if anyone can help me quickly with this question it would be much appreciated!!

Joshy!!

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1217 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

Super_Sean
probably 60$
zakmac12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1218 zakmac12
I heard about $45
Fresh769

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1219 Fresh769

Super_Sean

Its $35 in Japan and $40 in US. Check the accesories page for gamestop because I think they have a Logitech controller for $40

Fresh769

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1220 Fresh769

This question may have been answered in the forum already but i havn't got time to read through all 122 pages, although i have done a little looking about on the net and still can't find an answer, so it is... will the PS3 come with 1 or 2 controllers?? if anyone can help me quickly with this question it would be much appreciated!!

Joshy!!

Josh_Knights198

It comes with one controller I asked Gamestop. But they have been wrong in the past. Also the psx and the ps2 came w/ one controller

chrismaida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1221 chrismaida
Member since 2006 • 27 Posts
to L-Unit456 the ps3 can take 4 controllers usin bluetooth , if u get a chance look at the controller and ull see 4 lights and numbers that go up to 4
Josh_Knights198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1222 Josh_Knights198
thanks for that fresh, i assumed there would only be one which kinda sucks but you never know!!
Josh_Knights198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1223 Josh_Knights198

Is it know yet if in assasins creed the six axis technology is going to be implemented in the gameplay, I thought it had but now when i double cehcked i can't find it anywhere

casinater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1224 casinater
Member since 2006 • 371 Posts

Its a wireless dual shock ok!  It's the same controller they've had since like 98'.   I have never liked the dual-shock.  It makes my hands cramp and its not the world's greatest for fps.  Why couldn't they make a comfortable controller like 360?!

pgarogueace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1225 pgarogueace
Member since 2006 • 32 Posts

The PS3 controller is wireless, alot lighter than the previous PS controllers, a PS3 crossbar menu (simliar to the 360 dashboard), and their are new L2 and R2 triggers that have been streamlined. I think it's a improvement from the previous controllers.

De_Bears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1226 De_Bears
Member since 2002 • 1593 Posts
So it doesn't feel any different?
craigyw14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1227 craigyw14
Member since 2006 • 90 Posts
thats so true nintendo r using it wel different
craigyw14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1228 craigyw14
bt the tilt might b arwkward as u celbrate n u chuck it around
craigyw14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1230 craigyw14
wat r u on about the sony controller is well better than the 60's
nitrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1231 nitrog
Member since 2006 • 332 Posts
[QUOTE="jrhawk42"]What the dual shock again????!?!?!?  Why couldn't we get a new controller.  The dual shock has been cramping my hand for 10 years now.  If we beg sony do you think they'll give use 2 controller designs to choose from?

get a pelican or madcatz after they come out they have to change the design for copywrite so they will be diffrent like allways although i take that back don't get a madcatz get a logitech i am sure they will make one. Madcatz break way to easy. One time I farted and the controller shattered.
jackel_lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1232 jackel_lantern
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I know a lot of people were mad over the boomerang design....but I hope they are happy that the dual shock is back. I wouldn't mind the boomerang controller.pip77
i dont see whats wrong with something new. nintendo are making a crap console and soley marketing on the new design of the controller. so people do like new things. i dont understand why people complain so much about the bomerang controller.if i had a choice id chose the bananarang.
HughHefner1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1233 HughHefner1987
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
even tho, A Lot, and i mean, A LOT of people didnt really like the 1st design of the PS3 Controller (Boomerang), and now that they are releasing the dual-shock controller from its predecessor...i think the boomerang still looks Great!

...Damn, I wouldn't mind carrying that around, ya'know!! ...being the only person around to have one!
...YEAH!!! ...But all in all, whatever PS3 has in store for us PS fans...i think is Totally Awesome!!

Peace!
velocity99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#1234 velocity99
Member since 2005 • 480 Posts
I don't see the problem here, i've always liked the classic sony controller. I would like if it was a bit bigger though.
pgarogueace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1235 pgarogueace
The main problem i see with the PS3 controller is that it's way to light and it should have been a little bigger
cannibal127-9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1236 cannibal127-9
Member since 2002 • 573 Posts

Its a wireless dual shock ok!  It's the same controller they've had since like 98'.   I have never liked the dual-shock.  It makes my hands cramp and its not the world's greatest for fps.  Why couldn't they make a comfortable controller like 360?!

casinater

Its amazing the differences between gamers.  I very much love the dual shock, ESPECIALLY for FPS.  I couldn't have dreamed of a better arrangement for Timesplitters when I fired it up on October 26, 2000.  The Xbox controller, in my opinion, is a far less superior controller.  I will always like the dual shock.  It was once voted to be the world's most ergonomic controller also.

cannibal127-9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1237 cannibal127-9

Joshy!!

Josh_Knights198

As far as I understand.  One.  Same as all previous consoles

cannibal127-9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1238 cannibal127-9

Im sure this has been discussed already, but I must have missed it.  Has sony retracted the statement about playing with 7 bluetooth controllers?  There are only 4 lights on the controller displaying what player you are, whats the deal?ninerkepley

The PS3 is STILL bluetooth compatible for up to 7 devices simultaneously.  With an additional controller plugged in onto the USB port.  There are four lights, and rumor has it that when a 5th controller comes in, the "4" light and "1" light will illuminate.

pgarogueace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1239 pgarogueace
Thats kool
Shiftus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1240 Shiftus
Member since 2003 • 35 Posts

Okay, first of all- you do realize that PS3 redesigned its controller because of what its fans were saying.  In other words, they listened to you all, the gamers who actually care enough about how they play that they talk about it on web forums.

Secondly, I love the whole direction Wii is taking, but it seems like I'm the only one with this opinion: I think their controller is a gimmick.  There was someone on page two or three of this thread who mentioned that they prefer to lay on the couch with some blankets when the play.  I'm the same way, and I think alot of console gamers play similarly.  That is really why the console market still exists- because millions of both casual and hardcore gamers prefer not to sit directly in front of a smallish monitor and use a mouse and keyboard.  On the other side of the coin, I can't see how they would be willing to stand/sit up-right for hours on end with their arms held up, waving around constantly.  It will just be too taxing on gamers physically, and it seems like Nintendo might be shooting itself in the foot with the Wii. 

Please don't flame me for my opinion, and let me say I'm all for creativity, but there is a reason why light/motion sensitive controllers came and went, and didn't return.  Even with technological advances, gamers want their controllers to be as comfortable, responsive, and versatile as possible.  Ultimately, most of Nintendo's third-party developers are going to be forced to design around the controller instead of for it.  I don't have to mention that as this market goes forward and it becomes easier to develop for the PS3 and 360, it will be tough convincing EA, Capcom, Konami, etc. to revert to GameCube spec dev kits just to grab those Nintendo fans. Some might say, well Nintendo hasn't had strong third party support for the last two generations of consoles.  Correct- and that's why they placed a distant second and third in each.  I want Nintendo to prove me wrong.  I love the brand for continuing to be successful in a market full of huge conglomerates and for maintaining its connection with gamers- young and old.

cannibal127-9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1241 cannibal127-9
I recall less than a generation ago, the PS2s dual shock 2 was voted the most ergonomically friendly/comfortable design in gamine history.  Why should Sony change what it's fans are used to.  Personally, I don't want to spend ANY time getting used to a new controller's feel in my hands.  I'd rather focus on the action on the screen.
Avatar image for russians_r_sexy
russians_r_sexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1242 russians_r_sexy
Member since 2005 • 183 Posts
will the sixaxis be toggle-able like the vibration was? personally i dont know if i can play every game with the controller parrallel to the ground.
blaze000o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1243 blaze000o
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
the controllers going to rock because they keep the original look and textures but have a next-gen ability.  It is better than the Wii because it includes wireless actions and original control. Unfortunately there is now dual shock!!!  I think it is going to rock playing Warhawk on the ps3 with the controler.PS3 rules!!!!!
zakmac12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1244 zakmac12
[QUOTE="russians_r_sexy"]will the sixaxis be toggle-able like the vibration was? personally i dont know if i can play every game with the controller parrallel to the ground.

In most to all games it will be, yes
Mrbiggerdems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1245 Mrbiggerdems
Member since 2005 • 554 Posts
I think Sony Should add battery compartments so when  the batteries die.. u can change them ur self.
Mrbiggerdems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1246 Mrbiggerdems
Member since 2005 • 554 Posts
same post but yeh.. I think Sony Should add battery compartments so when the batteries die.. u can change them ur self.
Thorpe89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#1247 Thorpe89
Member since 2004 • 16905 Posts
I think Sony Should add battery compartments so when the batteries die.. u can change them ur self.Mrbiggerdems
Yes, that would be very handy but I think they have decided that that is not going to happen. Maybe a 3rd party controller will let you do that.
zakmac12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1248 zakmac12
PSM recently confirmed that the PS button will light up at least when charging.
Avatar image for russians_r_sexy
russians_r_sexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1249 russians_r_sexy
Member since 2005 • 183 Posts
[QUOTE="zakmac12"][QUOTE="russians_r_sexy"]will the sixaxis be toggle-able like the vibration was? personally i dont know if i can play every game with the controller parrallel to the ground.

In most to all games it will be, yes

cool
diablofan02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1250 diablofan02
Member since 2005 • 1461 Posts

well its probably been mentioned 20 times but:

back when th ps1 was still producing games sony had a controller that had tilt sensitivity so it was pretty much a cheap ps1 sixaxis, so why isnt everydoby yelling at nintendo because they took that ides????

i know that it was pripably used before the ps1 as well but im just making a point