Who's buying Crysis 3?

• 169 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Interesting reading all the criticism after the embargoes lifted yesterday, I'll have to sit down and read some writeups proper. Absolutely ****ing gorgeous screenshots being posted here too, super impressed how good it looks. Question is what's the scale of things like, and how 'reactive' is the environment - in terms of physics and simulation? That the A.I. behavior is what is what I'm really interested in seeing. Guess the lower expectations and the critics criticism is making me feel a bit warmer towards the game. Still Far Cry 3 and revisiting FC 2 is higher on the agenda atm. Unless it gets Sandbox editor support - then I'll be super curious.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#152 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

Interesting reading all the criticism after the embargoes lifted yesterday, I'll have to sit down and read some writeups proper. Absolutely ****ing gorgeous screenshots being posted here too, super impressed how good it looks. Question is what's the scale of things like, and how 'reactive' is the environment - in terms of physics and simulation? That the A.I. behavior is what is what I'm really interested in seeing. Guess the lower expectations and the critics criticism is making me feel a bit warmer towards the game. Still Far Cry 3 and revisiting FC 2 is higher on the agenda atm. Unless it gets Sandbox editor support - then I'll be super curious.skrat_01
The game is great in terms of reactivity.

In terms of vegetation simulation Crysis 3 is far beyond any other game out right now. The grass moves and waves like you would expect from grass, and reacts to bullets, objects, people, explosions. The most amazing part is how large the fields of grass are; you have big vast open fields of this reactive grass waving around.

Water is pretty great, you get displacement and ripples from pretty much everything, even little particles. Crysis 3 is also the first to do real time caustics, meaning when you create a ripple in the water, it will refract the light, casting caustic lighting throughout the environment.

General physics is pretty good as well. Pretty much all objects are movable and most smaller ones can be picked up and thrown, and things like cars and dumpsters can be kicked around. They started using cloth simulations a lot more in the game compared to the previous two as well, and are a nice addition when things like helicopters fly buy.

In destructibility, it is a step up from Crysis 2. Most wooden objects can be broken, there are certain walls you can break through, a lot of cover can get destroyed like tree trucks breaking apart or metal panels falling off of a railing, or entire trains getitng destroyed. Smaller trees can be broken down again. Glass breaking looks really nice as well

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#153 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"][QUOTE="skrat_01"]Interesting reading all the criticism after the embargoes lifted yesterday, I'll have to sit down and read some writeups proper. Absolutely ****ing gorgeous screenshots being posted here too, super impressed how good it looks. Question is what's the scale of things like, and how 'reactive' is the environment - in terms of physics and simulation? That the A.I. behavior is what is what I'm really interested in seeing. Guess the lower expectations and the critics criticism is making me feel a bit warmer towards the game. Still Far Cry 3 and revisiting FC 2 is higher on the agenda atm. Unless it gets Sandbox editor support - then I'll be super curious.

The game is great in terms of reactivity. In terms of vegetation simulation Crysis 3 is far beyond any other game out right now. The grass moves and waves like you would expect from grass, and reacts to bullets, objects, people, explosions. The most amazing part is how large the fields of grass are; you have big vast open fields of this reactive grass waving around. Water is pretty great, you get displacement and ripples from pretty much everything, even little particles. Crysis 3 is also the first to do real time caustics, meaning when you create a ripple in the water, it will refract the light, casting caustic lighting throughout the environment. General physics is pretty good as well. Pretty much all objects are movable and most smaller ones can be picked up and thrown, and things like cars and dumpsters can be kicked around. They started using cloth simulations a lot more in the game compared to the previous two as well, and are a nice addition when things like helicopters fly buy. In destructibility, it is a step up from Crysis 2. Most wooden objects can be broken, there are certain walls you can break through, a lot of cover can get destroyed like tree trucks breaking apart or metal panels falling off of a railing. Smaller trees can be broken down again. Glass breaking looks really nice as well

That was very detailed. Thank you sir!
_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

cool graphics with crap gameplay! okay! we got it! nice screenshots with bad story line.

8-Bitterness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 8-Bitterness
Member since 2009 • 3707 Posts

cool graphics with crap gameplay! okay! we got it! nice screenshots with bad story line.

_SKatEDiRt_
The gameplay isn't crap, it's pretty much alright and better than average.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Elann2008

Graphics fvckin KING!

aa

Open in new tab page.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Elann2008
Anyone getting crashes in Crysis 3 after that update 20 minutes ago?
BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

^ I like his leather jacket :P

wis3boi

and i don't like your signature picture... me feel dizzy :(

NoAssKicker47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#159 NoAssKicker47
Member since 2004 • 2855 Posts

Can anyone tell me how my computer will run Crysis 3 at 1080p resolution and high settings? My specs are in the sig, but the mains are an i5 2500k, 8GBs of RAM and an EVGA GTX570 Superclocked video card.

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

GTX 470, all high except low shadows and very high water, 1 SMAA. Constant 40 fps.

Baranga

Thanks Baranga! =] I actually might pick this up later. I haven't had a new game to play since Far Cry 3.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#162 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I ended buying it. The game punishes the crap out of my 2 GTX 570s but it looks beautiful. Crytek has outdone themselves with the graphics. 

FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 FaustArp
Member since 2013 • 1036 Posts
I fired it up and played a bit last night... soooo beautiful... Runs well too; all settings maxed+4xMSAA.
psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

Bought/downloading. Probably won't be able to play much for a few weeks, but hey... at least I'll actually have something to play now. When I'll really appreciate this game is when I upgrade my GPU this summer.

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

[QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"]

8-Bitterness

The gameplay isn't crap, it's pretty much alright and better than average.

It feels cheap to me. but thats just my opinion. crysis 1 was the only semi-not-cheap- feel

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts
[QUOTE="FaustArp"]I fired it up and played a bit last night... soooo beautiful... Runs well too; all settings maxed+4xMSAA.

I'd hope it runs well on a pair of 680s...
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Elann2008
[QUOTE="kraken2109"][QUOTE="FaustArp"]I fired it up and played a bit last night... soooo beautiful... Runs well too; all settings maxed+4xMSAA.

You'll get 60fps all very high, maybe 2x-4x smaa. I get about 40-50fps with all very high, 2x smaa. Some areas dip to 30fps though like the intro level.. the rain man! The weather effects are sick.. and particle effects will make your GPU eat dust.
FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 FaustArp
Member since 2013 • 1036 Posts

[QUOTE="kraken2109"][QUOTE="FaustArp"]I fired it up and played a bit last night... soooo beautiful... Runs well too; all settings maxed+4xMSAA.Elann2008

You'll get 60fps all very high, maybe 2x-4x smaa. I get about 40-50fps with all very high, 2x smaa. Some areas dip to 30fps though like the intro level.. the rain man! The weather effects are sick.. and particle effects will make your GPU eat dust.

^^This is why I was worried at first about 680 SLI performmance...the raining intro level!

Turns out that the intro to the game is just crazy demanding, though...smooth-sailing after that.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Elann2008

_SKatEDiRt_
The gameplay is good man. I was skeptical at first because I'm not a fan of Crysis 2 and I thought it was weak in the graphics and gameplay departments. Crysis 3 blows everything away. The gameplay is fun, and it almost felt Deus Ex Human Revolution like in some levels... and that's a high compliment. The graphics are unbelievable. I like it as much as Crysis 1, I must say. The only downside is the difficulty - way too easy even on veteran. I've only played a few hours so I'm going to take it up to max difficulty to remedy that; I hope at least.