Who's buying Crysis 3?

• 169 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by slipknot0129 (5832 posts) -

I pre-orderd Crysis 3. The story and gameplay looks awesome. I know most people say the story and the gameplay sucks in Crysis games but Crysis 3 looks fun to me. Who else is buying the game day one?

I hope to play max settings on my Alienware x51. I can for Crysis 2. 

Oh yeah what do you find the most interesting about Crysis 3?

The bow looks awesome to me. 

#2 Posted by the_bi99man (11244 posts) -

I know most people say the story and the gameplay sucks in Crysis games but Crysis 3 looks fun to me. 

slipknot0129

Those who have actually played the games only say that about Crysis 2. They know Crysis 1 was one of the best shooters ever made, in every way. Personally, I liked Crysis 2, as well, even though it was a huge departure from the mechanics and layout of C1. 

Anyway, I would be getting Crysis 3 day one if my laptop could run it. But I don't have DX11. When I get around to saving the money and building a new system though, Crysis 3 will be the first game installed on it.

#3 Posted by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

On a dirt cheap sale

#4 Posted by 8-Bitterness (3707 posts) -
Already preordered and preloaded it so... yeah. It looks like a fun game and the beta was great.
#5 Posted by Gammit10 (2395 posts) -
I love the first one, but the second game was incredibly boring and linear in contrast. I likely won't buy it unless it's nearly free.
#6 Posted by darksusperia (6945 posts) -

slipknot0129
you wont.
#7 Posted by the_bi99man (11244 posts) -

[QUOTE="slipknot0129"]

darksusperia

you wont.

Also this. Crysis 3 is a massive graphical jump from 2. It will definitely be the most hardware demanding game ever made.

#8 Posted by biggest_loser (24275 posts) -
I'm waiting on reviews to confirm the quality of the campaign and how long it is. The word is that people might be in for a rude surprise if this 5 hour campaign is true.
#9 Posted by slipknot0129 (5832 posts) -

[QUOTE="darksusperia"][QUOTE="slipknot0129"]

the_bi99man

you wont.

Also this. Crysis 3 is a massive graphical jump from 2. It will definitely be the most hardware demanding game ever made.

Its also making a better use of the code. Worst case scenario is i'll be playing at better graphics than Crysis 2 maxed. 

#10 Posted by C_Rule (9816 posts) -

slipknot0129
There it is, you had me worried for a second, I thought you'd made a thread without mentioning your x51.
#11 Posted by darksusperia (6945 posts) -

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="darksusperia"] you wont.slipknot0129

Its also making a better use of the code. Worst case scenario is i'll be playing at better graphics than Crysis 2 maxed. 

1GB GTX 555 +  = death for your x51.
#12 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -
no SIR, play crysis demo and nothing spark my interest. Played the crysis 2 beta/demo i was soo bored by the 5 match i canceled my pre order. Crysis 3 beta was little better nothing i want...
#13 Posted by slabber44 (985 posts) -
Loved Crysis1. 2 was ok, but wasn't all that great. Really no intrest in Crysis 3. Graphics look amazing, but I'm not a graphics whore. For me it's all gameplay and there really doesn't seem from what I have seen thus far to really be anything to make want to get it. Maybe on sale 4 or 5 months from now. If the campaign is as short as I have heard then I will totally pass.
#14 Posted by The_Capitalist (10838 posts) -

I'm waiting for a sale price before I buy. First game was great, second game was good, but I don't play video games often enough these days to justify getting too many titles on Day 1.

#15 Posted by ferret-gamer (17476 posts) -
Preordered already, and can't wait. First was awesome, the second was good. Crysis 2 gets way too much hate from people because they didn't make an exact copy of Crysis 1.
#16 Posted by ShadowDeathX (11681 posts) -
I took the risk and bought it. Amazon had the $20 credit promo anyways. Just getting it for the graphics. The story in Crysis has always sucked but the gameplay in C1 was amazing. Not expecting much in C3 but pretty graphics.
#17 Posted by mitu123 (155235 posts) -

Waiting for it to be 50 bucks next week.

#18 Posted by --Anna-- (4619 posts) -

I played 1 & 2, I'm just going to wait awhile before I get 3.

#19 Posted by KHAndAnime (17565 posts) -
I'll wait until it's on sale for really cheap. I preordered Crysis 2 because I bought into the game and enjoyed the MP beta. Basically what I got on launch was a broken game. It didn't resemble a fully working or playable game until a week after launch. The issues I had with it were innumerable and unforgivable, preventing me from playing the game online at all for a period of time. Glitches and launch problems aside, I thought the game blew. Crysis 3 looks to be more of the same, but it does look awfully pretty. I'll be sure to benchmark it on my friend's Origin accounts or something.
#20 Posted by KodiakKoolaid (443 posts) -
Already have it pre-loaded ready to play. Just need to wait until 11pm my local time for it to unlock. Time to prove yourself worthy oh my computer.
#22 Posted by Baranga (14217 posts) -

I'm waiting on reviews to confirm the quality of the campaign and how long it is. The word is that people might be in for a rude surprise if this 5 hour campaign is true. biggest_loser

The Polygon reviewer finished a stealth playthrough in 7.5 hours with 213 bow kills.

Review embargo is up Tuesday 6 AM PST.

#23 Posted by BPoole96 (22817 posts) -

Waiting for it to be 50 bucks next week.

mitu123

I'm not sure how legit these sites are but hey have Crysis 3 for $40.

Link

Edit: Just bought it from Games Rocket for $38 and it does seem legit. I had to do a phone verification though.

#24 Posted by Baranga (14217 posts) -

GMG has a 20% off code on the main and it can be used on Crysis 3. I just got my key.

#25 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18452 posts) -
I wouldn't mind playing it but I really need to get through my backlog so I'm being picky about what I buy day one. Most I'll pick up later when they are cheaper.
#26 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (23475 posts) -

I'm buying Crysis 3. I may not be able to max it out at 1080p. Oh well. I still have a 15" 1024x768 LCD monitor. Maybe I can max Crysis 3 at that res until I assemble a new PC later this year.

#28 Posted by FaustArp (1036 posts) -

I'm definitely picking it up.

#29 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
I pre-ordered it retail on Amazon.com, and I got the $20 credit.. so it's like $40. At $40, it should be worth it.
#30 Posted by ZimpanX (12636 posts) -

I'm waiting on reviews to confirm the quality of the campaign and how long it is. The word is that people might be in for a rude surprise if this 5 hour campaign is true. biggest_loser

According to this review, the campaign is 6-8 hours long.

#31 Posted by mitu123 (155235 posts) -

[QUOTE="biggest_loser"]I'm waiting on reviews to confirm the quality of the campaign and how long it is. The word is that people might be in for a rude surprise if this 5 hour campaign is true. ZimpanX

As expected, I expect more reviews to say that.

#32 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

[QUOTE="ZimpanX"]

[QUOTE="biggest_loser"]I'm waiting on reviews to confirm the quality of the campaign and how long it is. The word is that people might be in for a rude surprise if this 5 hour campaign is true. mitu123

As expected, I expect more reviews to say that.

8 hours would be my guess for an average playthrough, and for people like me who stand and stare off into the scenery. I'm going to ramp up the difficulty to hardest. The A.I. better be good this time...
#33 Posted by with_teeth26 (8564 posts) -

GMG has a 20% off code on the main and it can be used on Crysis 3. I just got my key.

Baranga

Not for North Americans sadly. They have some rubbish deal with 7 dollars cash back/10 GMG credit that prevents the use of the 20% off code. They seem to have this same offer for all EA games here. 

I'm sure the campaign will be good but I'm not willing to spend full price for it. I found Crysis 2 didn't have good replay value and thought the multiplayer in C2 and in the C3 beta was not worth my time. 

I'll wait for a sub 30 dollar sale. 

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#34 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

I pre-oredered it a while ago. I will buy it just for visuals, but the MP was actually fun too

#35 Posted by Realmjumper (706 posts) -
I would but I can't play it on this pc. Though playing on the playstation 3 does have it's advantages. I'll wait for a price drop. The MP demo is fun.
#36 Posted by kraken2109 (13271 posts) -

Only runs on DX11 so no.

Although I doubt i'd get it anyway. I'm still upset about how crysis 2 turned out.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#37 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

Also Pre-loads have started for anyone who bought it

#38 Posted by Macutchi (6043 posts) -

i'll buy it but i feel a bit ambivalent towards it. 

on one hand the first crysis is my favourite ever shooter.

crysis 2 was good in its own right but had absolutely nothing to do with the first and tbh i have no idea where we're upto in the story trail because of the new cast, confusing narrative and ambiguous ending. coupled with the comics that supposedly piece the episodes together and explain the gaps i don't think the story can be described as anything but a mess.

and story is important to me in games.

so i'll buy 3 even though i have absolutely no enthusiasm or interest in it or the series anymore. feels weird....

#39 Posted by Ondoval (3103 posts) -

Pre-ordered, looking towards the multiplayer.

#40 Posted by skrat_01 (33767 posts) -
Nah, buying Crysis 2 on release and enough games to play atm is enough reason not too. Interested to hear the reception though.
#41 Posted by _SKatEDiRt_ (3117 posts) -

On a dirt cheap sale

wis3boi

This

#42 Posted by flipin_jackass (9770 posts) -

Nah, when it's cheaper. Don't know much about the game, but there's only a selected few I'd buy at $60

Edit: or $50

#43 Posted by kriggy (1126 posts) -

I have yet to play Crysis 2, didn't like those flying bulletsponges in the second half of the original Crysis. 

#44 Posted by psn8214 (14930 posts) -

Probably gonna wait on this one.

#45 Posted by Baranga (14217 posts) -

Open this screenshot in a new tab at full resolution...

crysis3_2013_02_18_18_02_35_45.png

i-cant-horse1.gif

#46 Posted by NoAssKicker47 (2851 posts) -

Open this screenshot in a new tab at full resolution...

crysis3_2013_02_18_18_02_35_45.png

i-cant-horse1.gif

Baranga
That's Rick Grimes in 2047 alright.
#47 Posted by yonyz (646 posts) -
I'm buying it! When it's $10.
#48 Posted by Advid-Gamer (4875 posts) -

I bought it and predownloaded it already, sorry but alot of you seem cheap, get a job. The mp beta was fun, i am fine with a 6 to 8 hr campaign as long as it is fun, I will just replay it on a harder difficulty next time. Better then a 16hr drawn out boring one. Not suprising, I already know you have to be a obscure game or a exclusive to get any love from most of the pc users here.

#49 Posted by kozzy1234 (35966 posts) -

Cannot wait to try it, I loved Crysis1 and enjoyed Cryssi2 despite a few issues.

Looking forward to trying this out this week hopefully.

#50 Posted by pelvist (6957 posts) -

Ill buy it if its good, simple as that. I dont preorder games any more so ill wait for reliable opinions.