Worst bands you an think of?

• 160 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Benevolentbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 97

User Lists: 0

#1 Benevolentbob
Member since 2007 • 1178 Posts

My friend brought up the band Anthrax and it prompted me to make a thread here about what Gamespotters thought were the worst bands of all time.The bands I consider to be truly terrible are:

Anthrax

Nirvana (bring on the hate)

Green Day

Blink 182

Smash Mouth

The Monkeys

Slipknot

Warrant

Danzig (bring on the hate yet again!)

The Cure

Linkin park

Tool

My Chemical Romance

Nickleback

Hoobastank

Hawthorne Heights

Paramore

Killswitch Engage

All That Remains

Insane Clown Posse (Just for Bumzur :P)

Bring Me The Horizon

Good Charolette

These are just right off the top of ym head, I'll add more if I randomly think of more.

So what bands do you consider to be among the worst? (I'm talking about legit bands, not Disney crap)

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I can't stand Linkin Park or the Red Hot Chili Peppers, but that's just me. I find them annoying.

Avatar image for themagicbum9720
themagicbum9720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 themagicbum9720
Member since 2007 • 6536 Posts
i dont like emo/screamo bands.
gingefails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#4 gingefails
Member since 2009 • 997 Posts
Edge of Mentality. It's a local band.
nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 nimatoad2000
Member since 2004 • 7505 Posts
nine inch nails, the cure, any pop song.
nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nimatoad2000
Edge of Mentality. It's a local band.gingefails
local band? try giving us a band we can actually know and relate with.. otherwise i could list 100 local bands with no label..
ethanpaige

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 ethanpaige
Member since 2005 • 13100 Posts

the beatles

*puts up flame shield*

nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nimatoad2000
nickelback
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#9 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
You forgot Hoobastank. Although I would hesitate to refer to them as 'legit.'
nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nimatoad2000
[QUOTE="ethanpaige"]

the beatles

*puts up flame shield*

uses ice powers to freeze shield, freeze you and then hit you with giant hammer, shattering you into many little pieces.
gingefails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#11 gingefails
Member since 2009 • 997 Posts
[QUOTE="gingefails"]Edge of Mentality. It's a local band.nimatoad2000
local band? try giving us a band we can actually know and relate with.. otherwise i could list 100 local bands with no label..

The topic asked for the worst band in my opinion, and I gave it. As for signed bands... Uh, probably that Lordi who won the Eurovision.
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts
Metallica, Megadeath, slayer, iron maden, judas priest, pantara or any other metal band
KG86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KG86
Member since 2007 • 6021 Posts

Hinder and Nickelback.

ethanpaige

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 ethanpaige
Member since 2005 • 13100 Posts
[QUOTE="nimatoad2000"][QUOTE="ethanpaige"]

the beatles

*puts up flame shield*

uses ice powers to freeze shield, freeze you and then hit you with giant hammer, shattering you into many little pieces.

flame shields can't be frozen, hence the flame part :P
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts
Metallica, Megadeath, slayer, iron maden, judas priest, pantara or any other metal bandFUBAR24
I c wut u did thar
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FUBAR24
[QUOTE="ethanpaige"][QUOTE="nimatoad2000"][QUOTE="ethanpaige"]

the beatles

*puts up flame shield*

yeah fire always beats ice, its water that beats fire
nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nimatoad2000
[QUOTE="ethanpaige"][QUOTE="nimatoad2000"][QUOTE="ethanpaige"]

the beatles

*puts up flame shield*

flame shields protect from fire, not ice. bestow apon me magics, wizard all knowing all wise.
nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nimatoad2000

Metallica, Megadeath, slayer, iron maden, judas priest, pantara or any other metal bandFUBAR24

yeah because their is absolutely NO SKILL in this video whatsoever.

Benevolentbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Benevolentbob

:o You sir, have just insulted my god, heavy metal, prepare for a holy war!!!

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FUBAR24

[QUOTE="FUBAR24"]Metallica, Megadeath, slayer, iron maden, judas priest, pantara or any other metal bandnimatoad2000

i believe its what the worst bands YOU can think of not what bands have no skill :| i just cant stand any metal with the exception of like Killswitch Engage or A7X
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

Lil Wanye so called version of rock music, SlipKnot, Linkin Park,judas priest, the Beatles (overrated PoS)any pop-rock band I have heard of (well maybe not Paramore they're sort of decent). I know everybody is going to flame me for this but Elvis Presley I just don't see the hype, he was very overrated, got famous for mimicking other people style yea very creative.

nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nimatoad2000

[QUOTE="nimatoad2000"]

[QUOTE="FUBAR24"]Metallica, Megadeath, slayer, iron maden, judas priest, pantara or any other metal bandFUBAR24

i believe its what the worst bands YOU can think of not what bands have no skill :| i just cant stand any metal with the exception of like Killswitch Engage or A7X

well then its impossible for a band that is very technically skiled to be bad, and judging by your favorite bands you have very bad taste.. your what we metalheads like to call a poser, and if you were alive in the 80's and happened to be at say... an exodus show.. paul baloff would tell the crowd to beat you up, along with the punk kids and the skin heads.

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Juggernaut140
[QUOTE="nimatoad2000"]

[QUOTE="FUBAR24"]Metallica, Megadeath, slayer, iron maden, judas priest, pantara or any other metal bandFUBAR24

A Day to Remember?
XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
Cannibal corpse. I like most of the bands everyone else hates apparently :/
lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts

[QUOTE="FUBAR24"][QUOTE="nimatoad2000"]

nimatoad2000

well then its impossible for a band that is very technically skiled to be bad, and judging by your favorite bands you have very bad taste.. your what we metalheads like to call a poser, and if you were alive in the 80's and happened to be at say... an exodus show.. paul baloff would tell the crowd to beat you up, along with the punk kids and the skin heads.

you're so cool, you should get a "know it all metal head" prize *golf clap*
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Juggernaut140
[QUOTE="nimatoad2000"]

[QUOTE="FUBAR24"] i believe its what the worst bands YOU can think of not what bands have no skill :| i just cant stand any metal with the exception of like Killswitch Engage or A7Xlonewolf604

you're so cool, you should get a "know it all metal head" prize *golf clap*

Yeah he kind of overreacted...
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FUBAR24

Juggernaut140

um how can i be a poser if i dont try to listen to metal...why would i be at an exodus show if i dont like metal. and when did music taste become objective cause last time i checked music taste was subjective and opinionated. and as for your first comment. i dont care how skilled they are. you want skill listen to JerryC's Canon Rock. is it a good piece of music hell no. is JerryC an amazing guitarist hell yes. its all a matter of TASTE

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

Juggernaut140

A Day to Remember?

I find it funny he likes a Day to Remember but doesn't like metal. ADTR has a lot of metalcore influences in their music.

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FUBAR24

Juggernaut140

A Day to Remember?

A Day To Remeber isnt metal, they are post-hardcore and i like there sound a lot better than ill ever like a metal bands sound

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FUBAR24

[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"][QUOTE="FUBAR24"] i believe its what the worst bands YOU can think of not what bands have no skill :| i just cant stand any metal with the exception of like Killswitch Engage or A7Xjasonharris48

A Day to Remember?

I find it funny he likes a Day to Remember but doesn't like metal. ADTR has a lot of metalcore influences in their music.

metal and metalcore are different though, the lyrics are more suited to my liking and a lot of their songs dont have real metal sounding guitars
jmdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jmdude
Member since 2007 • 2521 Posts

anyone know of typecast?

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FUBAR24
what i dont get is why im being attacked for listing heavy metal bands yet somehow i can control myself and respect others opions of say linkin park or paramore or my chemical romance
nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 nimatoad2000

[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"][QUOTE="FUBAR24"] i believe its what the worst bands YOU can think of not what bands have no skill :| i just cant stand any metal with the exception of like Killswitch Engage or A7XFUBAR24

um how can i be a poser if i dont try to listen to metal...why would i be at an exodus show if i dont like metal. and when did music taste become objective cause last time i checked music taste was subjective and opinionated. and as for your first comment. i dont care how skilled they are. you want skill listen to JerryC's Canon Rock. is it a good piece of music hell no. is JerryC an amazing guitarist hell yes. its all a matter of TASTE

if he's an amazing guitar player, his music must be good too.. you cant be a great player and turn out horrible music.. it just dosn't work that way... you can have uninspired music sure.. but horrible? no.. marty friedmen can play anything and itll still sound above passing.
lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts
what i dont get is why im being attacked for listing heavy metal bands yet somehow i can control myself and respect others opions of say linkin park or paramore or my chemical romanceFUBAR24
honestly, its like metal heads are too insecure and can't get along with people with different tastes in music
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FUBAR24
[QUOTE="nimatoad2000"][QUOTE="FUBAR24"]

[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"]

if he's an amazing guitar player, his music must be good too.. you cant be a great player and turn out horrible music.. it just dosn't work that way... you can have uninspired music sure.. but horrible? no.. marty friedmen can play anything and itll still sound above passing.

have you ever heard the original Canon in D. its a horrible Piece of Classical music. its basically 8 notes and now it seems like every song uses those same 8 notes. and while JerryC does make it more interesting with his version its still a piss poor piece of music
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Juggernaut140

[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"][QUOTE="FUBAR24"] i believe its what the worst bands YOU can think of not what bands have no skill :| i just cant stand any metal with the exception of like Killswitch Engage or A7XFUBAR24

A Day to Remember?

A Day To Remeber isnt metal, they are post-hardcore and i like there sound a lot better than ill ever like a metal bands sound

"The band's music has been described as mixing death metal grunts with the brash melodies of pop-punk,"
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 FUBAR24
[QUOTE="FUBAR24"]what i dont get is why im being attacked for listing heavy metal bands yet somehow i can control myself and respect others opions of say linkin park or paramore or my chemical romancelonewolf604
honestly, its like metal heads are too insecure and can't get along with people with different tastes in music

yeah ill never get it. like i try to be accepting and all and respect everyone else but when you blatantly become a self-righteous jerk about music thinking your so much better than everyone else cause you listen to "real" music you just make an ass out of yourself
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FUBAR24
[QUOTE="FUBAR24"]

[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"] A Day to Remember?Juggernaut140

"The band's music has been described as mixing death metal grunts with the brash melodies of pop-punk,"

fine i like some metal so sue me. i still stand by my original post
Benevolentbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Benevolentbob

[QUOTE="nimatoad2000"][QUOTE="FUBAR24"] um how can i be a poser if i dont try to listen to metal...why would i be at an exodus show if i dont like metal. and when did music taste become objective cause last time i checked music taste was subjective and opinionated. and as for your first comment. i dont care how skilled they are. you want skill listen to JerryC's Canon Rock. is it a good piece of music hell no. is JerryC an amazing guitarist hell yes. its all a matter of TASTE

FUBAR24

have you ever heard the original Canon in D. its a horrible Piece of Classical music. its basically 8 notes and now it seems like every song uses those same 8 notes. and while JerryC does make it more interesting with his version its still a piss poor piece of music

Please explain to me how this is bad music? I don't even noramlly listen to that kind of music but at least I can appreciate the genius behind it.

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Juggernaut140
[QUOTE="lonewolf604"][QUOTE="FUBAR24"]what i dont get is why im being attacked for listing heavy metal bands yet somehow i can control myself and respect others opions of say linkin park or paramore or my chemical romanceFUBAR24

yeah ill never get it. like i try to be accepting and all and respect everyone else but when you blatantly become a self-righteous jerk about music thinking your so much better than everyone else cause you listen to "real" music you just make an ass out of yourself

I think the problem is that we all know for a fact those aren't the worst bands you can think of and that it's pretty obvious that you were flame baiting :|
-Absinthe-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#41 -Absinthe-
Member since 2008 • 4181 Posts

brokencyde, they're a disgrace by anyone's standards.

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FUBAR24
[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"][QUOTE="FUBAR24"][QUOTE="lonewolf604"] honestly, its like metal heads are too insecure and can't get along with people with different tastes in music

I think the problem is that we all know for a fact those aren't the worst bands you can think of and that it's pretty obvious that you were flame baiting :|

um TOO ME they are the worst bands i can think of
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 FUBAR24

[QUOTE="FUBAR24"][QUOTE="nimatoad2000"] if he's an amazing guitar player, his music must be good too.. you cant be a great player and turn out horrible music.. it just dosn't work that way... you can have uninspired music sure.. but horrible? no.. marty friedmen can play anything and itll still sound above passing. Benevolentbob

Please explain to me how this is bad music? I don't even noramlly listen to that kind of music but at least I can appreciate the genius behind it.

its like the same 8 notes over and over. its one of the most overrated pieces of music in history
nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 nimatoad2000

[QUOTE="nimatoad2000"][QUOTE="FUBAR24"] um how can i be a poser if i dont try to listen to metal...why would i be at an exodus show if i dont like metal. and when did music taste become objective cause last time i checked music taste was subjective and opinionated. and as for your first comment. i dont care how skilled they are. you want skill listen to JerryC's Canon Rock. is it a good piece of music hell no. is JerryC an amazing guitarist hell yes. its all a matter of TASTE

FUBAR24

you have a lot to learn about music my friend. it seems you do not understand the subtle beuty that makes canon great, it dosn't matter how many notes are used. sometimes simplicity is what makes a song great. take smoke on the water as an example.. richie blackmoore's simplist song but his most famous.. why? because it is soo simple and catchy. you call all this music horrible, but it is your opinion. thus while all these artists you claim have skill but are really bad, is just because you do not understand what makes them good. your taste tends to skew twards newer music which does not require much thought or consentration to listen to. listen to pink floyd's echoes without being distracted, then talk to me about music.

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 FUBAR24

brokencyde, they're a disgrace by anyone's standards.

-Absinthe-
ohh i forgot about them (which is probably a good thing) ill add them to my list too
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

i dont like BMTH,Flobots (after i seen them at Rise against i was not really impressed) thats bout it really andi despise A7X.

Dark__Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Dark__Link
Member since 2003 • 32653 Posts
Uh, none of those are terrible. You wouldn't know of any terrible bands because that's what happens when you're terrible: you get ignored, shunned, whatever. Those bands obviously achieved some sort of commercial and/or critical success, so they can't be terrible, at least by the opinion of the majority. Maybe some aren't great, and some are bad by your opinion, but they can't be terrible...
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Juggernaut140
[QUOTE="FUBAR24"][QUOTE="Juggernaut140"][QUOTE="FUBAR24"] yeah ill never get it. like i try to be accepting and all and respect everyone else but when you blatantly become a self-righteous jerk about music thinking your so much better than everyone else cause you listen to "real" music you just make an ass out of yourself

um TOO ME they are the worst bands i can think of

Megadeth and Judas Priest are the worst bands you can think of, seriously?
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Juggernaut140
Uh, none of those are terrible. You wouldn't know of any terrible bands because that's what happens when you're terrible: you get ignored, shunned, whatever. Those bands obviously achieved some sort of commercial and/or critical success, so they can't be terrible, at least by the opinion of the majority. Maybe some aren't great, and some are bad by your opinion, but they can't be terrible...Dark__Link
Just cause a band gets commercial success doesn't mean they're good. ICP for example ;)
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 FUBAR24

if he's an amazing guitar player, his music must be good too.. you cant be a great player and turn out horrible music.. it just dosn't work that way... you can have uninspired music sure.. but horrible? no.. marty friedmen can play anything and itll still sound above passing. nimatoad2000

you have a lot to learn about music my friend. it seems you do not understand the subtle beuty that makes canon great, it dosn't matter how many notes are used. sometimes simplicity is what makes a song great. take smoke on the water as an example.. richie blackmoore's simplist song but his most famous.. why? because it is soo simple and catchy. you call all this music horrible, but it is your opinion. thus while all these artists you claim have skill but are really bad, is just because you do not understand what makes them good. your taste tends to skew twards newer music which does not require much thought or consentration to listen to. listen to pink floyd's echoes without being distracted, then talk to me about music.

ummm who died and made you king of music :|. and sure i listen to a lot of old music but i still listen to the likes of The Who, The Rolling Stones, Johnny Cash, AC/DC. and when did i ever say the bands i like are more skilled. not ONCE did i say that. and i didnt say all of its horrible. pretty much the bands i listend you will never find in my library i have Deep Purple too but i always considered them classic rock and not metal. infact Highway Star is prolly my favorite song made before 1975 so seriously get off your high horse and just accept the fact that someone doesnt like your precious heavy metal or whatever you want to call it