Worst bands you an think of?

• 160 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Benevolentbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 97

User Lists: 0

#101 Benevolentbob
Member since 2007 • 1178 Posts

I would answer, I thought this was an opinion thing... It doesn't look like it. So, my answer would be invalid.

MistressMinako

It is an opinion thing, people just really hate it when you have a different opinion than them :P.

Darth-Caedus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 Darth-Caedus
Member since 2008 • 20756 Posts
Bring Me The Horizon.......*gags*
cyberdarkkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#104 cyberdarkkid
Member since 2007 • 16777 Posts
I see a lot of hate in this thread I'm just going to walk out slowly.
Benevolentbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 97

#105 Benevolentbob
Member since 2007 • 1178 Posts

I see a lot of hate in this thread I'm just going to walk out slowly.cyberdarkkid

Probably a smart move, it spiraled out of control and turned into a bitter ergument between metalheads and everyone else, and neither side can win lol. My thread has been derailed into a warzone :cry:. I love all of these self righteous pricks who say you can't judge music and then go off on someone because they dare to like a different kind of music. For example, I listed bands that I said that in my opinion were the worst I had heard. I didn't try to push it off on anyone else in anyway whatsoever or pretend that my opinion was higher than someone else's. Yet I was still called an ass, was told that I had no right to call any of those bands terrible even though it's my opinion and I'm pretty sure we're not living in a fascist or communist society, and was told that I just plain don't have taste in music. Also, these people bashing metalheads are such huge hypocrites. Look around you, there's one metalhead here that's attacking non-metal heads, and the first person they went after was Fubar, who seemed very much like he was trolling. I'm not going to pretend to know that he was because I don't, but his first post really seemed like it. Anyway, one metalhead goes off, and you guys bring in the whole damn army and say that all metlheads are ignorant and elitist and the metal as a whole sucks. I'm a metalhead but I am not ignorant, and I am most certainy not elitist. I listen to several bands that other metalheads constantly make fun of. I even included metal bands in my list of terrible bands. You guys need to all get over yourselves and realize that this thread was not meant to bash one another but to simply state your opinion on which bands were terrible, maybe state why you think that was if you feel like it, and then leave or look at other people's answers our of curiosity. It was not meant to allow you to pretend like you opinion matters more than anyone else's and that your word is equal to the final word of god. It was not ok for all of you to come in and start behaving like 3-year olds fighting over play-doh. GTFO and don't come back into one of my threads until you grow up.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="Dark__Link"]Uh, none of those are terrible. You wouldn't know of any terrible bands because that's what happens when you're terrible: you get ignored, shunned, whatever. Those bands obviously achieved some sort of commercial and/or critical success, so they can't be terrible, at least by the opinion of the majority. Maybe some aren't great, and some are bad by your opinion, but they can't be terrible...Benevolentbob

Absolutely correct. I stopped taking the topic seriously when I read the bands listed. Yes, we all have our own musical taste....there are bands I can't stand but I would not call a professional band that has been around and got critical attention and/or notice "terrible" or "worst". Because it isn't true.

So....you don't like the bands I thought were terrible so you refuse to contribute your own? You're not contributing anything, just complaining.GTFO of my thread then as far as I'm concerned you're trolling.

If you think that's trolling, then you have no idea what trolling is. He makes a good point.
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 sammyjenkis898
Bring Me The Horizon.......*gags* Darth-Caedus
That's funny, I thought you would have said Nevermore. :P
Darth-Caedus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Darth-Caedus
[QUOTE="Darth-Caedus"]Bring Me The Horizon.......*gags* sammyjenkis898

Hahaha >.> Although seeing you reminded me of what I was forgetting...BrokenCYDE.......*throws up*
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#110 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
Linkin Park, Slayer, Blink-182, Soulja Boy, The Jonas Brothers. I'm sure there are plenty more, but I'm too lazy to try and think of them :P.
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 sammyjenkis898
[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"][QUOTE="Darth-Caedus"]Bring Me The Horizon.......*gags* Darth-Caedus

Hahaha >.> Although seeing you reminded me of what I was forgetting...BrokenCYDE.......*throws up*

I feel awful that I remind you of BrokenCYDE. :(
Darth-Caedus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Darth-Caedus
[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"][QUOTE="Darth-Caedus"][QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"] That's funny, I thought you would have said Nevermore. :P

Why? Your pretty much the biggest hater of them I've ever seen:P Thats a GOOD thing:P
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 sammyjenkis898
[QUOTE="Darth-Caedus"][QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"][QUOTE="Darth-Caedus"]Hahaha >.> Although seeing you reminded me of what I was forgetting...BrokenCYDE.......*throws up*

Why? Your pretty much the biggest hater of them I've ever seen:P Thats a GOOD thing:P

Yes, but you think of them when you see me. :P
nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#114 nimatoad2000
Member since 2004 • 7505 Posts

[QUOTE="nimatoad2000"]nine inch nailsTresca_

As opposed to Slayer who sound the same as they did on day 1.

i guess you dont know slayer then. know a band before you post quoting me.
slayer started off on show no mercy as pretty much a more evil mercyful fate mixed with venom agression.. pure speed metal and very melodic compared to the rest of their stuff.

haunting the chapel and hell awaits evolved their ****into much longer and heavier songs, more progressive work...

reign in blood took the evolved song structures of hell awaits, and doubled the speed of everything and shortened the songs down, but it dosn't sound anything like show no mercy. these songs have very fast nonmelodic riffs and a lot of chug or gallop rhythem guitar for speed.

south of heaven is a day and night to reign in blood, knowing itd be hard to one up reign. they took their work another direction, slower to mid tempo songs, south of heaven is pretty darn slow but a great song.. they really got to show their artful side here.

seasons in the abyss is like a smattering of all they had progressed to as a band upto then. war ensemble shows the best of hell awaits / reign in blood ****. and the title track is like south of heaven kind of stuff..

yeah.. slayer never changed at all.. always sounded the same.. ok , if you were to listen to songs other than just angel of death and play raining blood on guitar hero you might know.. next time you try to bash a band.. listen to more than 2 songs or half a cd.. or listen to what all the other ignorant people on the forum say.

you get nothing, you loose, good day sir.

xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
Green Day, The Exploited (Damn this account name), stuff.
kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#116 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts

I hate 92% of all metal bands but i'll admit Megadeath is ok

why do so much people hate green day I like them :?

Quick-Time

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Quick-Time
Member since 2007 • 610 Posts

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]If you think that's trolling, then you have no idea what trolling is. He makes a good point.Benevolentbob

No he absolutely does not, how can he say the bands I listed do no qualify? First of all this is my thread and I can say whatever I damn well please. Second of all this thread is about what bands, in your opinion, are terrible. Has everyone gone ******** and forgotten what an opinion is?

Yet you are arguing with opinion. Ironic.

My selection is death, doom, black metal.

k16campbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#118 k16campbell
Member since 2008 • 660 Posts

I dont like any rap because there is no talent whatsoever.

im more of a rock person... enough said

Lief_Ericson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Lief_Ericson
Member since 2005 • 7082 Posts

ICP

BrokenCyde

Good Charlotte

The Fray

nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#120 nimatoad2000
Member since 2004 • 7505 Posts
[QUOTE="k16campbell"]

i dont like rap either, but no talent is a bit far, it takes skill to be able to do all those rhymes, creating your own rhyme book.. exc... i personally dont like rap because i like music with instruments and not jst keyboard / synths. also i know all rap isnt like it, but gangster rap / living in the hood rap / i smoke dank rap.. has rly turned me off. i do like public enemy a bit tho, and the classic run dmc
barcx17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 barcx17
Member since 2008 • 3782 Posts

k16campbell

No talent? Really?

Care to elaborate?

Setsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#122 Setsa
Member since 2005 • 8431 Posts
Soulja boy and all of those "scene" bands with the sreamo-wanna-be emo/popstar kids.
BR1NG3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 BR1NG3R
Member since 2006 • 1530 Posts

I can't think of bad bands, I can only think of good bands.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

[QUOTE="k16campbell"]

nimatoad2000

i dont like rap either, but no talent is a bit far, it takes skill to be able to do all those rhymes, creating your own rhyme book.. exc... i personally dont like rap because i like music with instruments and not jst keyboard / synths. also i know all rap isnt like it, but gangster rap / living in the hood rap / i smoke dank rap.. has rly turned me off. i do like public enemy a bit tho, and the classic run dmc

You should give the Roots a try they are a full on rap band (if you really want to call them that)

CBR600-RR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 CBR600-RR
Member since 2008 • 9695 Posts

Jonas Brothers, do they even qualify as a band?
I can't really say much else, I like a variety of music, I generally do not hate on bands.

k16campbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 k16campbell
Member since 2008 • 660 Posts

[QUOTE="k16campbell"]

nimatoad2000

"this is why im hot,

this is why im hot

this is why, this is why, this is why im hot,

im hot cause im fly,

you aint cause you not,

this is why, this is why, this is why im hot."

Yeah...no talent. A first grader could do this.

Setsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Setsa
Member since 2005 • 8431 Posts

[QUOTE="nimatoad2000"][QUOTE="k16campbell"]

k16campbell

"this is why im hot,

this is why im hot

im hot cause im fly,

you aint cause you not,

I do believe pre-schoolers are able to make grunts and choking sounds, so I guess they're qualified to be singers for metal/rock bands eh? :P
awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#128 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

Anything metal, and Brokencyde... Look them up.

-FlyLo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 -FlyLo-
Member since 2009 • 2833 Posts

Off the top of my head.

The Jonas Brothers

Nickleback

Cannibal Corpse

-FlyLo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 -FlyLo-

Anything metal, and Brokencyde... Look them up.

awssk8er716
Why'd you make me do that? :cry:
-Wicked_Sick-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 -Wicked_Sick-
Member since 2007 • 1171 Posts

I dunno probably some kids band. I don't hate on bands.

killerkool07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 killerkool07
Member since 2007 • 1210 Posts

mcr (but thats prop because of what they are not the music) coldplay (same as before) dizzee rasel whats so good about him beatles (because if you insult them you get clothlined),jonas brothers (do we need to go there (chances are most of these are pointless because its bands i dont like because of the members not the music),screamo,emo

effena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 effena
Member since 2008 • 2811 Posts

Nickelback, Theory of a Deadman, Stained, Creed, and any other "modern rock" bands that pollute the airwaves

effena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 effena
Member since 2008 • 2811 Posts

k16campbell

"this is why im hot,

this is why im hot

im hot cause im fly,

you aint cause you not,

It's about the music man, not the lyrics.

blue_phazon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 blue_phazon
Member since 2006 • 951 Posts

[QUOTE="Dark__Link"]Uh, none of those are terrible. You wouldn't know of any terrible bands because that's what happens when you're terrible: you get ignored, shunned, whatever. Those bands obviously achieved some sort of commercial and/or critical success, so they can't be terrible, at least by the opinion of the majority. Maybe some aren't great, and some are bad by your opinion, but they can't be terrible...LJS9502_basic

Absolutely correct. I stopped taking the topic seriously when I read the bands listed. Yes, we all have our own musical taste....there are bands I can't stand but I would not call a professional band that has been around and got critical attention and/or notice "terrible" or "worst". Because it isn't true.

Is someone upset that The Cure was listed? :P

I kidding, you make a good point.

-FlyLo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 -FlyLo-

k16campbell

"this is why im hot,

this is why im hot

im hot cause im fly,

you aint cause you not,

Wow, you use mainstream rap as an example?
Inquisitor326

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Inquisitor326
Member since 2009 • 236 Posts

Everything of TC's list except Tool and All That Remains.

killerkool07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 killerkool07

[QUOTE="k16campbell"]

[QUOTE="nimatoad2000"] i dont like rap either, but no talent is a bit far, it takes skill to be able to do all those rhymes, creating your own rhyme book.. exc... i personally dont like rap because i like music with instruments and not jst keyboard / synths. also i know all rap isnt like it, but gangster rap / living in the hood rap / i smoke dank rap.. has rly turned me off. i do like public enemy a bit tho, and the classic run dmceffena

"this is why im hot,

this is why im hot

im hot cause im fly,

you aint cause you not,

there better songs then this this is the worst example to give (i cant get copy and paste on mozilla and theres swearing in the songs just warning)

emiems sing for the moment

lose yourself

cleaning out my closet

Avatar image for YourChaosIsntMe
YourChaosIsntMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 YourChaosIsntMe
Member since 2007 • 1228 Posts
Green Day, The Exploited (Damn this account name), stuff.xTheExploited
Don't tell me about The Exploited barmy army, excuse me if I laugh, but haha, it's rather funny.
-FlyLo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 -FlyLo-

[QUOTE="effena"]

[QUOTE="k16campbell"]

"this is why im hot,

this is why im hot

im hot cause im fly,

you aint cause you not,

killerkool07

there better songs then this this is the worst example to give (i cant get copy and paste on mozilla and theres swearing in the songs just warning)

emiems sing for the moment

lose yourself

cleaning out my closet

Yeah Eminem is one of the greatest rappers of all time, and I agree he used the worst example possible.
killerkool07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 killerkool07

[QUOTE="k16campbell"]

[QUOTE="nimatoad2000"] i dont like rap either, but no talent is a bit far, it takes skill to be able to do all those rhymes, creating your own rhyme book.. exc... i personally dont like rap because i like music with instruments and not jst keyboard / synths. also i know all rap isnt like it, but gangster rap / living in the hood rap / i smoke dank rap.. has rly turned me off. i do like public enemy a bit tho, and the classic run dmc-FlyLo-

"this is why im hot,

this is why im hot

im hot cause im fly,

you aint cause you not,

Wow, you use mainstream rap as an example?

so theres no metal where some guy screams at the top of his lungs about been hurt every genre propbaly has crap lyrics or music

shankarrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 shankarrr
Member since 2006 • 355 Posts

My friend brought up the band Anthrax and it prompted me to make a thread here about what Gamespotters thought were the worst bands of all time.The bands I consider to be truly terrible are:

Anthrax

Nirvana (bring on the hate)

Green Day

Blink 182

Smash Mouth

The Monkeys

Slipknot

Warrant

Danzig (bring on the hate yet again!)

The Cure

Linkin park

Tool

My Chemical Romance

Nickleback

Hoobastank

Hawthorne Heights

Paramore

Killswitch Engage

All That Remains

Insane Clown Posse (Just for Bumzur :P)

Bring Me The Horizon

Good Charolette

These are just right off the top of ym head, I'll add more if I randomly think of more.

So what bands do you consider to be among the worst? (I'm talking about legit bands, not Disney crap)

Benevolentbob

I'm good with everything besides Nirvana and Tool. Nirvana being overrated is such BS, they sounded amazing.

shankarrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 shankarrr
Member since 2006 • 355 Posts

Metallica, Megadeath, slayer, iron maden, judas priest, pantara or any other metal bandFUBAR24

Wow that's just being dumb

kurtoronie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 kurtoronie
Member since 2006 • 1097 Posts

Add `The Shaggs`

I don`t think the Monkees should be on the list. No, they dident write their own songs, or for that matter play their own instruments, but damnit Daydream Believer is one hell of a song.

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts

[QUOTE="cyberdarkkid"]I see a lot of hate in this thread I'm just going to walk out slowly.Benevolentbob

Probably a smart move, it spiraled out of control and turned into a bitter ergument between metalheads and everyone else, and neither side can win lol. My thread has been derailed into a warzone :cry:. I love all of these self righteous pricks who say you can't judge music and then go off on someone because they dare to like a different kind of music. For example, I listed bands that I said that in my opinion were the worst I had heard. I didn't try to push it off on anyone else in anyway whatsoever or pretend that my opinion was higher than someone else's. Yet I was still called an ass, was told that I had no right to call any of those bands terrible even though it's my opinion and I'm pretty sure we're not living in a fascist or communist society, and was told that I just plain don't have taste in music. Also, these people bashing metalheads are such huge hypocrites. Look around you, there's one metalhead here that's attacking non-metal heads, and the first person they went after was Fubar, who seemed very much like he was trolling. I'm not going to pretend to know that he was because I don't, but his first post really seemed like it. Anyway, one metalhead goes off, and you guys bring in the whole damn army and say that all metlheads are ignorant and elitist and the metal as a whole sucks. I'm a metalhead but I am not ignorant, and I am most certainy not elitist. I listen to several bands that other metalheads constantly make fun of. I even included metal bands in my list of terrible bands. You guys need to all get over yourselves and realize that this thread was not meant to bash one another but to simply state your opinion on which bands were terrible, maybe state why you think that was if you feel like it, and then leave or look at other people's answers our of curiosity. It was not meant to allow you to pretend like you opinion matters more than anyone else's and that your word is equal to the final word of god. It was not ok for all of you to come in and start behaving like 3-year olds fighting over play-doh. GTFO and don't come back into one of my threads until you grow up.

Correction, one single metalhead who indeed overreacted
Cutekitten6_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Cutekitten6_18
Member since 2005 • 22640 Posts

BLink 182, Limbiz kit... Insane Clown Posse :x

Wolf-Man2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Wolf-Man2006
Member since 2006 • 4187 Posts

Why not mention every single popular band out there? Anyway, for me, I'd vote Fall Out Boy, Cannabis Corpse, All Time Low, Bon Jovi, Behold the Archtopus, Limp Bizkit, Jonas Brothers, Insane Clown Posse, Shinedown, Deep Sunshine (look up their cover of Europe's "Final Countdown"), etc.

Why anyone could list Tool, Nirvana, Green Day, etc to their "worst bands" list is beyond me.

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Juggernaut140
Behold the ArchtopusWolf-Man2006
Explain yourself :|
Wolf-Man2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Wolf-Man2006
Member since 2006 • 4187 Posts

[QUOTE="Wolf-Man2006"]Behold the ArchtopusJuggernaut140

The bassist is fine, but its that damn guitarist that makes the band horrible.

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Juggernaut140

[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"][QUOTE="Wolf-Man2006"]Behold the ArchtopusWolf-Man2006

The bassist is fine, but its that damn guitarist that makes the band horrible.

I'm listening to Canada right now. I don't understand. It's technical metal.