Worst bands you an think of?

• 160 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts
[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"][QUOTE="FUBAR24"][QUOTE="Juggernaut140"] I think the problem is that we all know for a fact those aren't the worst bands you can think of and that it's pretty obvious that you were flame baiting :|

um TOO ME they are the worst bands i can think of

Megadeth and Judas Priest are the worst bands you can think of, seriously?

i added brokeNCYDE to the list. :|
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts
[QUOTE="FUBAR24"][QUOTE="Juggernaut140"][QUOTE="FUBAR24"] um TOO ME they are the worst bands i can think of

Megadeth and Judas Priest are the worst bands you can think of, seriously?

After you saw someone else say them :|
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 FUBAR24
[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"][QUOTE="FUBAR24"][QUOTE="Juggernaut140"] Megadeth and Judas Priest are the worst bands you can think of, seriously?

After you saw someone else say them :|

because they reminded me of how bad they are :|
Dark__Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 Dark__Link
Member since 2003 • 32653 Posts
[QUOTE="Dark__Link"]Uh, none of those are terrible. You wouldn't know of any terrible bands because that's what happens when you're terrible: you get ignored, shunned, whatever. Those bands obviously achieved some sort of commercial and/or critical success, so they can't be terrible, at least by the opinion of the majority. Maybe some aren't great, and some are bad by your opinion, but they can't be terrible...Juggernaut140
Just cause a band gets commercial success doesn't mean they're good. ICP for example ;)

Maybe you should actually read what I said in its entirety.
nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#55 nimatoad2000
Member since 2004 • 7505 Posts
[QUOTE="FUBAR24"][QUOTE="nimatoad2000"]

have you ever heard the original Canon in D. its a horrible Piece of Classical music. its basically 8 notes and now it seems like every song uses those same 8 notes. and while JerryC does make it more interesting with his version its still a piss poor piece of musicFUBAR24
you have a lot to learn about music my friend. it seems you do not understand the subtle beuty that makes canon great, it dosn't matter how many notes are used. sometimes simplicity is what makes a song great. take smoke on the water as an example.. richie blackmoore's simplist song but his most famous.. why? because it is soo simple and catchy. you call all this music horrible, but it is your opinion. thus while all these artists you claim have skill but are really bad, is just because you do not understand what makes them good. your taste tends to skew twards newer music which does not require much thought or consentration to listen to. listen to pink floyd's echoes without being distracted, then talk to me about music.

ummm who died and made you king of music :|. and sure i listen to a lot of old music but i still listen to the likes of The Who, The Rolling Stones, Johnny Cash, AC/DC. and when did i ever say the bands i like are more skilled. not ONCE did i say that. and i didnt say all of its horrible. pretty much the bands i listend you will never find in my library i have Deep Purple too but i always considered them classic rock and not metal. infact Highway Star is prolly my favorite song made before 1975 so seriously get off your high horse and just accept the fact that someone doesnt like your precious heavy metal or whatever you want to call it

i didnt say purp was metal, and i stopped talking about metal a while ago, we are talking about music in general. i listen to many things other than metal - clasical, jazz, flamenco, rock/ classic rock, world.. exc.. sorry, your not going to win an arguement by reducing me to another run of the mill metalhead.. try again plz
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 FUBAR24

i didnt say purp was metal, and i stopped talking about metal a while ago, we are talking about music in general. i listen to many things other than metal - clasical, jazz, flamenco, rock/ classic rock, world.. exc.. sorry, your not going to win an arguement by reducing me to another run of the mill metalhead.. try again plznimatoad2000
well your sure acting like a run of the mill metalhead even if your not talking about metal aka your extremely intolerant of what MY opinion is

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts
well then its impossible for a band that is very technically skiled to be bad, and judging by your favorite bands you have very bad taste.. your what we metalheads like to call a poser, and if you were alive in the 80's and happened to be at say... an exodus show.. paul baloff would tell the crowd to beat you up, along with the punk kids and the skin headsnimatoad2000
ahh looks like we have here a metalhead elitist on our hands, I love it :lol:
nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 nimatoad2000

[QUOTE="nimatoad2000"] i didnt say purp was metal, and i stopped talking about metal a while ago, we are talking about music in general. i listen to many things other than metal - clasical, jazz, flamenco, rock/ classic rock, world.. exc.. sorry, your not going to win an arguement by reducing me to another run of the mill metalhead.. try again plzFUBAR24

well your sure acting like a run of the mill metalhead even if your not talking about metal aka your extremely intolerant of what MY opinion is

well after listening to soo much music, you can tell which bands are bad and which are not. you cannot compare linkin park, killswitch engage and others to quality bands such as Rush. standards of listening and quality control must be established.
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 FUBAR24
[QUOTE="FUBAR24"]

[QUOTE="nimatoad2000"] i didnt say purp was metal, and i stopped talking about metal a while ago, we are talking about music in general. i listen to many things other than metal - clasical, jazz, flamenco, rock/ classic rock, world.. exc.. sorry, your not going to win an arguement by reducing me to another run of the mill metalhead.. try again plznimatoad2000

well after listening to soo much music, you can tell which bands are bad and which are not. you cannot compare linkin park, killswitch engage and others to quality bands such as Rush. standards of listening and quality control must be established.

um music taste isnt a Science. its completely Qualitative. seriously you need to take it down a notch.
nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 nimatoad2000

[QUOTE="nimatoad2000"][QUOTE="FUBAR24"] well your sure acting like a run of the mill metalhead even if your not talking about metal aka your extremely intolerant of what MY opinion is

FUBAR24

um music taste isnt a Science. its completely Qualitative. seriously you need to take it down a notch.

its on 11 right now, so ill take it down to 10

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 FUBAR24

[QUOTE="FUBAR24"][QUOTE="nimatoad2000"] well after listening to soo much music, you can tell which bands are bad and which are not. you cannot compare linkin park, killswitch engage and others to quality bands such as Rush. standards of listening and quality control must be established.nimatoad2000

its on 11 right now, so ill take it down to 10

wow the spinal tap reference wasnt needed but if youd like id suggest a 5 or 6 for you. you really need to learn to be more tolerant
Bumzur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Bumzur
Member since 2009 • 560 Posts

My friend brought up the band Anthrax and it prompted me to make a thread here about what Gamespotters thought were the worst bands of all time.The bands I consider to be truly terrible are:

Anthrax

Nirvana (bring on the hate)

Green Day

Blink 182

Smash Mouth

The Monkeys

Slipknot

Warrant

Danzig (bring on the hate yet again!)

The Cure

Linkin park

Tool

My Chemical Romance

Nickleback

Hoobastank

Hawthorne Heights

Paramore

Killswitch Engage

All That Remains

These are just right off the top of ym head, I'll add more if I randomly think of more.

So what bands do you consider to be among the worst? (I'm talking about legit bands, not Disney crap)

Benevolentbob
Add "Insane Clown Posse" to that list and I'm with you 110%. I can't stand any of the bands you've mentioned.
nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 nimatoad2000
[QUOTE="Bumzur"][QUOTE="Benevolentbob"]

My friend brought up the band Anthrax and it prompted me to make a thread here about what Gamespotters thought were the worst bands of all time.The bands I consider to be truly terrible are:

Anthrax

Green Day

Blink 182

Smash Mouth

The Monkeys

Slipknot

Warrant

The Cure

Linkin park

Tool

My Chemical Romance

Nickleback

Hoobastank

Hawthorne Heights

Paramore

Killswitch Engage

All That Remains

These are just right off the top of ym head, I'll add more if I randomly think of more.

So what bands do you consider to be among the worst? (I'm talking about legit bands, not Disney crap)

Add "Insane Clown Posse" to that list and I'm with you 110%. I can't stand any of the bands you've mentioned.

haha my WOW guild was named " the dark carnival" i guess its a ICP reference, but we didnt know it when we made the guild.. anyways a lot of applicants asked us if it was related.. nvr actually heard the band tho... anyways.. idno i found that funny.
Bumzur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Bumzur
Member since 2009 • 560 Posts
[QUOTE="nimatoad2000"][QUOTE="Bumzur"][QUOTE="Benevolentbob"]

Anthrax

Green Day

Blink 182

Smash Mouth

The Monkeys

Slipknot

Warrant

The Cure

Linkin park

Tool

My Chemical Romance

Nickleback

Hoobastank

Hawthorne Heights

Paramore

Killswitch Engage

All That Remains

haha my WOW guild was named " the dark carnival" i guess its a ICP reference, but we didnt know it when we made the guild.. anyways a lot of applicants asked us if it was related.. nvr actually heard the band tho... anyways.. idno i found that funny.

Sounds like an ICP reference. It's pretty much white trash garbage with no with purpose and probably has the worst fans ever. If I ever meet stupid d-bags in real life, 3/4 of them always just happen to worship ICP. It's no coincidence.
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 FUBAR24
[QUOTE="Bumzur"] Sounds like an ICP reference. It's pretty much white trash garbage with no with purpose and probably has the worst fans ever. If I ever meet stupid d-bags in real life, 3/4 of them always just happen to worship ICP. It's no coincidence.

what i never understood was that stupid logo with the guy with dredlocks and a hatchet running around
ruffluffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 ruffluffs
Member since 2008 • 1033 Posts
[QUOTE="Benevolentbob"]

Anthrax

Green Day

Blink 182

Smash Mouth

The Monkeys

Slipknot

Warrant

The Cure

Linkin park

Tool

My Chemical Romance

Nickleback

Hoobastank

Hawthorne Heights

Paramore

Killswitch Engage

All That Remains

Insane Clown Posse (Just for Bumzur :P)

[QUOTE="Benevolentbob"]

Anthrax

Green Day

Blink 182

Smash Mouth

The Monkeys

Slipknot

Warrant

The Cure

Linkin park

Tool

My Chemical Romance

Nickleback

Hoobastank

Hawthorne Heights

Paramore

Killswitch Engage

All That Remains

thats a good list untill you list tool and paramore. What the hell? are you a ass?
ruffluffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 ruffluffs
Member since 2008 • 1033 Posts

this is so dumb everyone thinks their musical taste are superior myself included especially when they listen to a huge variety of music.

but ICP sucks asss for sure

Avatar image for YourChaosIsntMe
YourChaosIsntMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 YourChaosIsntMe
Member since 2007 • 1228 Posts

[QUOTE="nimatoad2000"][QUOTE="FUBAR24"] well your sure acting like a run of the mill metalhead even if your not talking about metal aka your extremely intolerant of what MY opinion is

FUBAR24

I don't think you used the word "qualitative" accurately. I assume that your intended idea was "it's completely subjective." This is correct - in terms of personal opinion. The problem arises, I think, in your (intentional?) implication that one's taste correlates with value, which is patently incorrect. The study of music is a "science" to use the word vaguely, under music theory and musicology. There is a relatively static metric for critiquing music, as relative as one can be in criticism for the arts. Of course, this isn't like microbiology or statistics; there isn't one specific vernacular and a defined criterion for critical analysis. It gets...uh...multifaceted. I don't feel like rambling tonight though. That will suffice.

I can't say that many of the bands that the TC listed could qualify as "worst" (though a few can, like Hoobastank). I really wish the TCs would clearly define their standars in threads like these. Is it in terms of the peoples' opinions, or in their objective analysis? The worst bands are those that have no artistic or cultural value, and serve no purpose outside of generating revenue for the music industry (or entertainment industry in general). I don't mean to speak in absolutes, but for simplicity's sake...

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#69 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts
Finntroll. Generally, i avoid bands that play folk metal.
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts

Jonas Brothers have not been mentioned yet?

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#71 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts

No Disney crap eh? That explains why no one said Jonas Brothers yet :P I'll say My Chemical Romance.

MistressMinako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#72 MistressMinako
Member since 2008 • 45964 Posts

I would answer, I thought this was an opinion thing... It doesn't look like it. So, my answer would be invalid.

xXplkOXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 xXplkOXx
Member since 2009 • 92 Posts

Jonas Brothers have not been mentioned yet?

AAllxxjjnn
i agree Jonas brothers are ghey
ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#74 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts

[QUOTE="nimatoad2000"]

[QUOTE="FUBAR24"]Metallica, Megadeath, slayer, iron maden, judas priest, pantara or any other metal bandFUBAR24

yeah because their is absolutely NO SKILL in this video whatsoever.

i believe its what the worst bands YOU can think of not what bands have no skill :| i just cant stand any metal with the exception of like Killswitch Engage or A7X

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

Uh, none of those are terrible. You wouldn't know of any terrible bands because that's what happens when you're terrible: you get ignored, shunned, whatever. Those bands obviously achieved some sort of commercial and/or critical success, so they can't be terrible, at least by the opinion of the majority. Maybe some aren't great, and some are bad by your opinion, but they can't be terrible...Dark__Link
Absolutely correct. I stopped taking the topic seriously when I read the bands listed. Yes, we all have our own musical taste....there are bands I can't stand but I would not call a professional band that has been around and got critical attention and/or notice "terrible" or "worst". Because it isn't true.

Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts
I agree with you on Green Day, Nickleback and MCR. In my view they are all over rated.
aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#77 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts

[QUOTE="FUBAR24"][QUOTE="nimatoad2000"]

yeah because their is absolutely NO SKILL in this video whatsoever.

nimatoad2000

i believe its what the worst bands YOU can think of not what bands have no skill :| i just cant stand any metal with the exception of like Killswitch Engage or A7X

well then its impossible for a band that is very technically skiled to be bad, and judging by your favorite bands you have very bad taste.. your what we metalheads like to call a poser, and if you were alive in the 80's and happened to be at say... an exodus show.. paul baloff would tell the crowd to beat you up, along with the punk kids and the skin heads.

Heh. You can't judge a persons taste in music, it is their opinion.
-kaz3-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 -kaz3-
Member since 2006 • 7372 Posts

anyone know of typecast?

jmdude
Yes, I do. I don't like much local music anyway :P. Kjwan and the occasional bamboo are the only ones I ever listen to. I dislike cueshe.
TheJackpotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 TheJackpotter
Member since 2009 • 318 Posts

JonasBrothers and Tokio Hotel!

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

Any rap "artist", country bands, Nickelback, Good Charlotte, Metallica. There are a bunch more but I don't feel like typing them all.

freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts

ithilgore2006

I endorse this post.

shinian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#82 shinian
Member since 2005 • 6871 Posts

in Flames, Nickleback and Jonas Brothers

Avatar image for super_mario_128
super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 super_mario_128
Member since 2006 • 23884 Posts
Hollywood Undead The Jonas Brothers They both make me cringe.
Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#84 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts
Any band thats been popular. I'll be quick to say sell-out. Sell-outs.
Just_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Just_Snake
Member since 2007 • 170 Posts
Too many...
F4t4lity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 F4t4lity
Member since 2008 • 219 Posts

Any metal, Queen, Led Zeppelin and Paramore

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"][QUOTE="FUBAR24"] i believe its what the worst bands YOU can think of not what bands have no skill :| i just cant stand any metal with the exception of like Killswitch Engage or A7Xjasonharris48

A Day to Remember?

I find it funny he likes a Day to Remember but doesn't like metal. ADTR has a lot of metalcore influences in their music.

Actually, their main influence is blink-182.
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 sammyjenkis898
Good god, I knew metalheads were ignorant, but this is ridiculous.
backinthekrak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 backinthekrak
Member since 2005 • 756 Posts

Much scorn & ridicule heaped upon all boy bands.....

ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 ithilgore2006
Good god, I knew metalheads were ignorant, but this is ridiculous.sammyjenkis898
You have people here saying "every metal band", that's also ridiculously ignorant. Apparently every single metal band, no matter what they sound like, is simultanously the worst band in the world. This thread is hyperbole central.
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 sammyjenkis898
[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]Good god, I knew metalheads were ignorant, but this is ridiculous.ithilgore2006
You have people here saying "every metal band", that's also ridiculously ignorant. Apparently every single metal band, no matter what they sound like, is simultanously the worst band in the world. This thread is hyperbole central.

Yes, you also have someone that mentioned 3 metal bands. I can't stand ignorant metalheads.
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#92 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

Nirvana and Simple Plan.

ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 ithilgore2006
[QUOTE="ithilgore2006"][QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]Good god, I knew metalheads were ignorant, but this is ridiculous.sammyjenkis898

Yes, you also have someone that mentioned 3 metal bands. I can't stand ignorant metalheads.

Why specifially metalheads? Surely the others are just as annoying?
Avatar image for JimCarreyForYou
JimCarreyForYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 JimCarreyForYou
Member since 2009 • 2606 Posts
I hate you OP for Danzig they are good well just " Mother ". For e would be Jonas Brothers or better all the new bands. The Rolling Stones dunno why I don't like it.
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 FUBAR24
[QUOTE="ithilgore2006"][QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"][QUOTE="ithilgore2006"] You have people here saying "every metal band", that's also ridiculously ignorant. Apparently every single metal band, no matter what they sound like, is simultanously the worst band in the world. This thread is hyperbole central.

not as much as metalheads. ive even noticed the rap fans are a hell of a lot more tolerant
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 sammyjenkis898
[QUOTE="ithilgore2006"][QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"][QUOTE="ithilgore2006"] You have people here saying "every metal band", that's also ridiculously ignorant. Apparently every single metal band, no matter what they sound like, is simultanously the worst band in the world. This thread is hyperbole central.

Metalheads are almost always the ones that think that their taste is superior to yours, no matter what.
Tresca_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Tresca_
Member since 2008 • 869 Posts

nine inch nailsnimatoad2000

As opposed to Slayer who sound the same as they did on day 1.

wendt360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#98 wendt360
Member since 2009 • 324 Posts

coldplay

worst band of all time

T_P_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#99 T_P_O
Member since 2008 • 5388 Posts

The Jonas Brothers, manufactured generic crap.

Benevolentbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 97

#100 Benevolentbob
Member since 2007 • 1178 Posts

[QUOTE="Benevolentbob"]

Anthrax

Green Day

Blink 182

Smash Mouth

The Monkeys

Slipknot

Warrant

The Cure

Linkin park

Tool

My Chemical Romance

Nickleback

Hoobastank

Hawthorne Heights

Paramore

Killswitch Engage

All That Remains

ruffluffs

Anthrax

Green Day

Blink 182

Smash Mouth

The Monkeys

Slipknot

Warrant

The Cure

Linkin park

Tool

My Chemical Romance

Nickleback

Hoobastank

Hawthorne Heights

Paramore

Killswitch Engage

All That Remains

Benevolentbob

thats a good list untill you list tool and paramore. What the hell? are you a ass?

Lol, it's my opinion. Get over it.