Will Pedophilia ever be accepted like H0m0sexuality here?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SenorGuapo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#401 SenorGuapo
Member since 2003 • 268 Posts

[QUOTE="SenorGuapo"] And btw, wouldnt acceptence of pedophiles, encourage the "sick" pedophiles to have more confidence in acting out on their urges?LJS9502_basic

Exactly the slippery slope this thread seems to be starting....

Yes, because a pedophile demanding for his "condition" to be accepted, is either a sick one, or someone who wants to get away from prejudice and live his child-lusting life in peace, either way. It wud be stupid to accept that, for the sake of many children all over the world Acceptence isnt going to come in any form of law-acceptence, but people might become(what i hardly believe will happen) more open-minded in people who have attractions to little kids, in the sense that they wont think of every pedophile as this sick pervert. But thats personal, and hard to become reality. I wouldnt let my 4 yr old daughter alone in a room with a man who just has openly admit to me that he likes to **** little children.
Avatar image for MetalGear_Ninty
MetalGear_Ninty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#402 MetalGear_Ninty
Member since 2008 • 6337 Posts
Wow, this thread has completely reaffirmed my atheism 100%.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#403 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178846 Posts

Wow, this thread has completely reaffirmed my atheism 100%.MetalGear_Ninty
It has nothing to do with atheism though....:|

MetalGear_Ninty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#404 MetalGear_Ninty

[QUOTE="MetalGear_Ninty"]Wow, this thread has completely reaffirmed my atheism 100%.LJS9502_basic

It has just showed to me the lengths people will go to interpret the Bible as they see fit. I'm really not trying to flame you here or anything. This whole discussion reminds me why I just don't buy in.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#405 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="MetalGear_Ninty"]Wow, this thread has completely reaffirmed my atheism 100%.MetalGear_Ninty

It has just showed to me the lengths people will go to interpret the Bible as they see fit. I'm really not trying to flame you here or anything. This whole discussion reminds me why I just don't buy in.

Well you are interpreting it a certain way. If you read the entire context and not just a word or two neither of those passages were anti homosexual. But you'll think what you like I suppose so I can't do anything about that.

MetalGear_Ninty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#406 MetalGear_Ninty
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="MetalGear_Ninty"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]It has nothing to do with atheism though....:|

Well you are interpreting it a certain way. If you read the entire context and not just a word or two neither of those passages were anti homosexual. But you'll think what you like I suppose so I can't do anything about that.

I disagree. But I need to leave it at that, as I really need to get some sleep now. Cheerio.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#407 LJS9502_basic

I disagree. But I need to leave it at that, as I really need to get some sleep now. Cheerio.MetalGear_Ninty
'Night. I need some as well....

Ezgam3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#408 Ezgam3r
Member since 2006 • 2308 Posts

Yeah i totally saw what u did there..... That dsnt change the fact that having sex with a child is bad.... And two gay man having sex isnt..... And what u did there, dsnt count for gays. My niece is gay and she knew it before she started wearing pants at the age of 4, when she refused to put on a dress for a wedding. My aunt on the other side never revealled it and even led a so-called normal life. That didnt turn out very well. Being gay is really something that u are born with. BUT, dont get me wrong - Having an attraction for kids is also something u are born with, because aparently i dont have it. But as u said an atraction isnt always acted upon, but in this case when it is. Its illegal.Now the question is, shud we accept "pedophilia"? Well, would you? Let them have a support group? Their own section in the library of books describing sex with children? or how to manuals? Let them have public rallies on tv fighting for pedophiles rights? With slogans as, being pedo is OK? Pls define acceptence towards "pedophilia" for me...... cuz i dont get itSenorGuapo

I never said it was and it wasn't respectively.

I know, I believe so too. It's the same with pedo's besides the fact that unlike your niece at 4, they may find out when they're 13 or a little later when they find themselves attracted to students grades under them.

Exactly.

Support group? Sure. Describing sex with children and howto manuals? Not a chance. They can have rallies promoting pedophile awareness (as in that their are non-child-raping pedos and not all pedos are like the ones you see on TV; some could actually control themselves).

Acceptance is people not discriminating against pedophiles, automatically categorizing them as child predators and rapists and accepting that they are born that way. Just like gays should not be discriminated against, automatically accusing them as the downfall of society and will infect our children with "The Gay".

Both types of discrimination are wrong and shouldn't be tolerated.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#409 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

OK, if what you're saying is true, then how can the Bible not be anti-homosexual acts even if God himself used homosexuality as a punishment, and described those relationships as unnatural and indecent?MetalGear_Ninty

He did not use homosexuality as a punishment; the verses describe "shameful lusts", and that "he gave them over to a depraved mind". In other words, the punishment was a perturbation of their minds, not homosexuality. It is certainly anti-lustfulness, but that is by no means anti-homosexuality.

Hardly an unbiased source. These people are desperately trying to avoid their own perpetual cognitive dissonance. Anything in the name of self-preservation methinks.MetalGear_Ninty

Or, perhaps they have investigated the facts and have come to conclusions.

One can call someone "biased" if they don't present any credible evidence, but not when they do.

What do you want us to say, that you're absolutely right and that the Bible is evil and repugnant?

The fact that your reading of it has led you to conclusions does not mean that those are the correct ones and that everyone else is just lying to themselves.

SenorGuapo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#410 SenorGuapo
Member since 2003 • 268 Posts

[QUOTE="SenorGuapo"] Yeah i totally saw what u did there..... That dsnt change the fact that having sex with a child is bad.... And two gay man having sex isnt..... And what u did there, dsnt count for gays. My niece is gay and she knew it before she started wearing pants at the age of 4, when she refused to put on a dress for a wedding. My aunt on the other side never revealled it and even led a so-called normal life. That didnt turn out very well. Being gay is really something that u are born with. BUT, dont get me wrong - Having an attraction for kids is also something u are born with, because aparently i dont have it. But as u said an atraction isnt always acted upon, but in this case when it is. Its illegal.Now the question is, shud we accept "pedophilia"? Well, would you? Let them have a support group? Their own section in the library of books describing sex with children? or how to manuals? Let them have public rallies on tv fighting for pedophiles rights? With slogans as, being pedo is OK? Pls define acceptence towards "pedophilia" for me...... cuz i dont get itEzgam3r

I never said it was and it wasn't respectively.

I know, I believe so too. It's the same with pedo's besides the fact that unlike your niece at 4, they may find out when they're 13 or a little later when they find themselves attracted to students grades under them.

Exactly.

Support group? Sure. Describing sex with children and howto manuals? Not a chance. They can have rallies promoting pedophile awareness (as in that their are non-child-raping pedos and not all pedos are like the ones you see on TV; some could actually control themselves).

Acceptance is people not discriminating against pedophiles, automatically categorizing them as child predators and rapists and accepting that they are born that way. Just like gays should not be discriminated against, automatically accusing them as the downfall of society and will infect our children with "The Gay".

Both types of discrimination are wrong and shouldn't be tolerated.

So u think they should be accepted in that way? Well i think gays should be accepted in that way, here they pretty much are, i live in holland. Discrimination is always a bad thing and come from ignorant people. But acceptence of pedophiles goes too far for my taste. It would have to overcome so many things, and it would be too hard for most people to accept.

What if a pedophile who "came out the closet" tries to get a job at a daycare centre? thats just too weird, and heck even if the world somehow gets that open-minded, and it wudnt be weird. Would u trust a pedophile, who admittedly HAS sexual urges towards little children, to babysit ur kids? Without having to worry, of him maybe "accidently" touching them in inappropriate places or whatever?

I mean comon, i get what ure saying, discrimination, gays, everything, but the issue of pedophiles being accepted. No, as ive said, if they get accepted(for the sake of the "normal" pedophiles) the "sick" pedophiles will have more confidence in acting out on their urges, and in a world where they are accepted, maybe even have a case when they have molested a kid - yes i said molested, because u cant possibly say a child can agree having sex with an older man. Thats why we have laws, of minor age because to a degree they should still be under the protection of parents. Hey i dont care about men having thoughts about little children or lusting after them. I dont care if theyre good persons or not. The whole acceptence thing is personal. And frankly, i dont see it happening

tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411 tofu-lion91
Member since 2008 • 13496 Posts
There's a difference between two consenting adults and an adult and a child. BIG difference.
Ezgam3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#412 Ezgam3r
Member since 2006 • 2308 Posts

So u think they should be accepted in that way? Well i think gays should be accepted in that way, here they pretty much are, i live in holland. Discrimination is always a bad thing and come from ignorant people. But acceptence of pedophiles goes too far for my taste. It would have to overcome so many things, and it would be too hard for most people to accept.

What if a pedophile who "came out the closet" tries to get a job at a daycare centre? thats just too weird, and heck even if the world somehow gets that open-minded, and it wudnt be weird. Would u trust a pedophile, who admittedly HAS sexual urges towards little children, to babysit ur kids? Without having to worry, of him maybe "accidently" touching them in inappropriate places or whatever?

I mean comon, i get what ure saying, discrimination, gays, everything, but the issue of pedophiles being accepted. No, as ive said, if they get accepted(for the sake of the "normal" pedophiles) the "sick" pedophiles will have more confidence in acting out on their urges, and in a world where they are accepted, maybe even have a case when they have molested a kid - yes i said molested, because u cant possibly say a child can agree having sex with an older man. Thats why we have laws, of minor age because to a degree they should still be under the protection of parents. Hey i dont care about men having thoughts about little children or lusting after them. I dont care if theyre good persons or not. The whole acceptence thing is personal. And frankly, i dont see it happening

SenorGuapo

It is just as gays in the US are discriminated against. They are too far for peoples tastes over here.

Hells yea I'll worry. Then again if I had kids, I'll still worry about leaving them with a any stranger as most of us would leave them at a daycare or a babysitter without thinking "are they a pedo?" although, chances are, some of them are in fact pedos. But the chances of open pedos realistically getting a job around kids is null as the employer will not want to take the chance in the first place and parents will keep their kids a million miles away from a known pedo, even if they will not do anything to the child as not all pedos wish to or have the audacity to actually rape a child.

The "normal" pedophiles will not have anything to worry about as they aren't molesting children. "Sick" pedophiles will still be child molesters and, unless society really goes over the deep end, will be persecuted to the fullest extent of the law. They will still be under the protection of the parents as the legal age in most countries are 16 and I doubt they will somehow lower them to 7 or something.

Understandable. You don't need to accept them if you don't want to; many people in the US will never accept gays as they are. I doubt this will change but I just find that they shouldn't be portrayed as the guys on To Catch a Predator (as they are child predators) or the guy in Austria.

Sway-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413 Sway-
Member since 2008 • 1371 Posts

[QUOTE="Sway-"]Homosexuality is between 2 adults it's not as bad as having sex with a 4 year old.madsnakehhh

^This, only that i dont think that homosexuality is something bad, is more a matter of opinions.

I mean c'mon people, is someone agree with this one? think, you're talking about adults having a relationship (sexual or not) with children, children, if any of you has ever consider to this could happen or be accepted, just take a look of your niece and think how would you feel if some sick 30 year old perv have a relationship with her, but hey, it's ok, we are now accepting this behavior, what would be next, rape legal?

I don't think being gay is bad I just worded it wrong.
matthayter700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414 matthayter700
Member since 2004 • 2606 Posts

Yes, if they learned from there mistakes I'll gladly accept them. If they didn't I wouldn't hate them but try to help them.

I seriously hate it when people dehumanize "criminals" instead of trying to help we lock em up let them loose at which they probabaly do it again. >_>

MrLions

This. Comparing gays to pedophiles is a false equivalence, but criminals are human beings in any case and I hate the way society views them whenit's not like the rest of us are perfect angels.

Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#415 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts
No. I don't really have to say much besides that.
Gamer556

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#416 Gamer556
Member since 2006 • 3846 Posts

Pedophilia is not between consenting adults.

Ace_WondersX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#417 Ace_WondersX
Member since 2003 • 4455 Posts

No it will never be fully legal, but I can imagine the age of consent coming down significantly in the future.

my_mortal_coil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#418 my_mortal_coil
Member since 2009 • 2839 Posts

1) you can't be serious

2) Why isn't this locked i for one am offended....

xxxAdvocatexxx

You get offended by discourse and dialogue?

MetalGear_Ninty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#419 MetalGear_Ninty
[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

[QUOTE="MetalGear_Ninty"]

He did not use homosexuality as a punishment; the verses describe "shameful lusts", and that "he gave them over to a depraved mind". In other words, the punishment was a perturbation of their minds, not homosexuality. It is certainly anti-lustfulness, but that is by no means anti-homosexuality.

Hardly an unbiased source. These people are desperately trying to avoid their own perpetual cognitive dissonance. Anything in the name of self-preservation methinks.MetalGear_Ninty

Or, perhaps they have investigated the facts and have come to conclusions.

One can call someone "biased" if they don't present any credible evidence, but not when they do.

What do you want us to say, that you're absolutely right and that the Bible is evil and repugnant?

The fact that your reading of it has led you to conclusions does not mean that those are the correct ones and that everyone else is just lying to themselves.

All I'm saying is that if you and others want to follow The Bible using your imaginative interpretations, then you just do that -- but I for one cannot respect that.
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#420 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
Wait - I have a question: What if the children of the future actually DO develop the mental capacities and whatnot to fathom sexual relationships and whatnot, as well as the responsibilities. You know, through years of mental evolution in mankind which puts more knowledge into children just that much more quickly. In that case, it would totally just be a preference of whether you like developed or underdeveloped bodies, is it not?
Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#421 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
No. The idea of an age of consent will stop that from happening.
trodeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#422 trodeback
Member since 2007 • 3161 Posts

No it will never be fully legal, but I can imagine the age of consent coming down significantly in the future.

Ace_WondersX

This is what I'm thinking. I think that in some not to distant future drinking/smoking/age of consent will be lowered, my guess is possibly 14. I can imagine the future being a dystopia, where society allows taboo acts in order to have people escape reality.

Wait - I have a question: What if the children of the future actually DO develop the mental capacities and whatnot to fathom sexual relationships and whatnot, as well as the responsibilities. You know, through years of mental evolution in mankind which puts more knowledge into children just that much more quickly. In that case, it would totally just be a preference of whether you like developed or underdeveloped bodies, is it not?hazelnutman

This is another thing I was thinking about too. The mental capacity of children seems to be much higher then what it used to be. Teenagers are learning things in school that our fore-bearers didn't have a chance to learn in college. It isn't far fetched to think that a 14 year old 20 years from now will have the mental capacity of what we consider a fully aged adult.

I'm not for pedophilia, but I'm intrigued with what society will become in the future.

Shhadow_Viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423 Shhadow_Viper
Member since 2009 • 2300 Posts
[QUOTE="hazelnutman"]Wait - I have a question: What if the children of the future actually DO develop the mental capacities and whatnot to fathom sexual relationships and whatnot, as well as the responsibilities. You know, through years of mental evolution in mankind which puts more knowledge into children just that much more quickly. In that case, it would totally just be a preference of whether you like developed or underdeveloped bodies, is it not?

Mental Capacity is one factor, so is sexual maturity. Before puberty the body is not ready for sex.
BayAreaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#424 BayAreaX
Member since 2009 • 1809 Posts
[QUOTE="hazelnutman"]Wait - I have a question: What if the children of the future actually DO develop the mental capacities and whatnot to fathom sexual relationships and whatnot, as well as the responsibilities. You know, through years of mental evolution in mankind which puts more knowledge into children just that much more quickly. In that case, it would totally just be a preference of whether you like developed or underdeveloped bodies, is it not?Shhadow_Viper
Mental Capacity is one factor, so is sexual maturity. Before puberty the body is not ready for sex.

yeah pedophiles want children. i think most here are thing of hebephiallia with young teens
Shhadow_Viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425 Shhadow_Viper
Member since 2009 • 2300 Posts
[QUOTE="Shhadow_Viper"][QUOTE="hazelnutman"]Wait - I have a question: What if the children of the future actually DO develop the mental capacities and whatnot to fathom sexual relationships and whatnot, as well as the responsibilities. You know, through years of mental evolution in mankind which puts more knowledge into children just that much more quickly. In that case, it would totally just be a preference of whether you like developed or underdeveloped bodies, is it not?BayAreaX

yeah pedophiles want children. i think most here are thing of hebephiallia with young teens

Well most here are young teens discussing wanting other young teens which is a bit easier to understand. I highly doubt pedophilia will ever be acceptable.
Godly_Cure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#426 Godly_Cure
Member since 2007 • 4293 Posts

No. No it won't be.