Will God Let Good People Into Heaven? (Poll)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#301 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]You are not responding to the point...

Lansdowne5

I don't intend to....either. It's been explained hundreds of times before. I was simply explaining that demons will be punished alongside humans. :)

Um, no. You are not responding because any argumentative effort from your part has failed in the past, and you know that it wont be any different this time.

The point that user made was quite valid and unless it is answered with something a tad more objective that Bible verses, then it remains unanswered and a gap in your evangelic campaign.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#302 Teenaged

A serial murderer/rapist turned born again Christian is better in Gods eyes than than a famously good person who chose the "wrong" religion.

If you are a Christian you believe all none believers will roast in hell, being ripped apart by demons over and over again regardless of their moral character if they don't accept Christ.

AnnoyedDragon

Here is the quote LJS.

Though the wording might justify what you said, still the same philosophy has been displayed by the Evangelists and thus it is a valid point to make.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#303 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178864 Posts

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

Nice copy/paste but that speaks to the FAITHFUL. It does NOT address those who have not the gift of faith. Glad to clear that up for you.:)

Lansdowne5

What, you expect me to type those out myself? :?

It is directed at everyone. And even if it wasn't, it talks of everyone. So....have you ever read this book called Revelation......? It makes pretty clear that everyone who rejects God will be thrown into the lake of burning sulfer along with the False Prophet, the Beast and the Devil.

Let's use a contemporary comparison. With great power comes great responsibility. Now with faith that means that MORE is expected of those with faith than those without. I have seen you state in this forums that faith is a gift. Which it is. That means that without that gift you find it perfectly acceptable to condemn good people. Sorry but I don't believe God thinks as that. You know he is merciful and just...right?

Lansdowne5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#304 Lansdowne5
Member since 2008 • 6015 Posts

[QUOTE="Mind_Mover"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]That's the theory. The exception is those who turn others away from God.

LJS9502_basic

@Landsdowne, do you share the same belief as LJ?

No he does not....

Indeed. I try my best to be non-conformed to the world.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="AnnoyedDragon"]

A serial murderer/rapist turned born again Christian is better in Gods eyes than than a famously good person who chose the "wrong" religion.

If you are a Christian you believe all none believers will roast in hell, being ripped apart by demons over and over again regardless of their moral character if they don't accept Christ.

Teenaged

Here is the quote LJS.

Though the wording might justify what you said, still the same philosophy has been displayed by the Evangelists and thus it is a valid point to make.

I meant the top part where he mentioned how God thinks based on what L posted.

tktomo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#306 tktomo01
Member since 2008 • 1476 Posts

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="Lansdowne5"] Wait.....what? The entire New Testament pretty much yells, "SALVATION IS NOT BY WORKS!" Do you believe people can be saved another way, other than by salvation through Christ?Lansdowne5

The New Testament is the teaching for those who follow. Faith is considered a gift. If one is not given a gift they won't be penalized for that.

Edit: Man is till judged on his actions.

John 3:16 --"God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

Acts 10:43 -- "To Him all the prophets witness that, through His name, whoever believes in Him will receive remission of sins."

Romans 5:2 -- "Through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God."

Ephesians 2:8 -- "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God."

Romans 3:22 -- "Even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference."

Acts 16:31 -- "They said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved"

John 3:36 -- "He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

Galatians 2:16 -- "Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified."

It's perfectly clear from these verses alone that those who reject Jesus will not get to Heaven. They will be judged, and they will be judged guilty.

^^^This^^^

warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#307 warbmxjohn
Member since 2007 • 6014 Posts

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

Nice copy/paste but that speaks to the FAITHFUL. It does NOT address those who have not the gift of faith. Glad to clear that up for you.:)

Lansdowne5

It is directed at everyone. And even if it wasn't, it talks of everyone. So....have you ever read this book called Revelation......? It makes pretty clear that everyone who rejects God will be thrown into the lake of burning sulfer along with the False Prophet, the Beast and the Devil.

Everyone who rejects maybe, but some do not ever hear the word of the gospel, or ever hear about salvation through Christ. That is what is being discussed, how can a person who never heard of the Christian God be condemned? That is not justice.
blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 blackregiment
Member since 2007 • 11937 Posts

[QUOTE="Mind_Mover"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Then they are not held responsible for not knowing about Him...

LJS9502_basic

So they go to heaven if they are good people?

That's the theory. The exception is those who turn others away from God.

God's Word says this.

Rom 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Rom 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
Rom 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Bring me these hypothetical righteous persons, without sin.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="Mind_Mover"]@Landsdowne, do you share the same belief as LJ?

Lansdowne5

No he does not....

I'm not conformed to the world. But I don't use the Bible to say I'm superior either.;)

Lansdowne5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 Lansdowne5

[QUOTE="Lansdowne5"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

LJS9502_basic

Let's use a contemporary comparison. With great power comes great responsibility. Now with faith that means that MORE is expected of those with faith than those without. I have seen you state in this forums that faith is a gift. Which it is. That means that without that gift you find it perfectly acceptable to condemn good people. Sorry but I don't believe God thinks as that. You know he is merciful and just...right?

To be blunt -- I'm not bothered what you "believe". As Christians, we are to listen to God's Word, and what His Word says is taht those who reject God will be sentenced to eternity in hell.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="Lansdowne5"]

Lansdowne5

To be blunt -- I'm not bothered what you "believe". As Christians, we are to listen to God's Word, and what His Word says is taht those who reject God will be sentenced to eternity in hell.

Indeed but His word does not back you up. Read about the two thieves on the cross? Neither followed Jesus yet one was saved.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="AnnoyedDragon"]

LJS9502_basic

Here is the quote LJS.

I meant the top part where he mentioned how God thinks based on what L posted.

Yes I know. I know that you must object the idea that God is truly what Lans is saying, but the case here is that this user is trying to show the errors in the evangelic view, not that God indeed shares those views.

DrSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313 DrSponge
Member since 2008 • 12763 Posts

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

Lansdowne5

I don't see how I rejected something I don't believe in...
blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 blackregiment

[QUOTE="Lansdowne5"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

warbmxjohn

Everyone who rejects maybe, but some do not ever hear the word of the gospel, or ever hear about salvation through Christ. That is what is being discussed, how can a person who never heard of the Christian God be condemned? That is not justice.

God's Word tells us.

Rom 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
Rom 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

If someone seeks God, He be faithful in revealing Himself and His plan of salvation to them.

tktomo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#315 tktomo01
Member since 2008 • 1476 Posts
I fail to see why an all powerful being would want to create this maze of dogma and ludicrous ways of getting into "heaven". Why would he care about us believing in him? Why would he crave all this attention? It's so obviously a human construct. I'm certainly not rejecting the idea of a God, but this humanization of him is completely ridiculous, in my opinion. Salvation through Jesus? Come on guys...jointed
Actually, we were "Godilized" I suppose you could say; we were created in his image.
Mind_Mover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 Mind_Mover
Member since 2005 • 1489 Posts

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

Lansdowne5

I am not talking about rejection, if a person has no knowledge of christ then why should that be his fault? shouldn't it be gods duty to pre program the human mind with christ as being the saviour, then each one can choose to reject him or not? really, a person who has no knowledge of christ doesn't even have the chance to accept or deny him :?

that would be gods fault.

warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 warbmxjohn
[QUOTE="DrSponge"] I don't see how I rejected something I don't believe in...

Contradiction much? :P
DrSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 DrSponge
[QUOTE="warbmxjohn"][QUOTE="DrSponge"] I don't see how I rejected something I don't believe in...

Is that aimed at me or him?
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 LJS9502_basic

Yes I know. I know that you must object the idea that God is truly what Lans is aying, but the case here is that this user is trying to show the errors in the evangelic view, not that God indeed shares those views.

Teenaged

Yes.....and I agree with that. However, he still posted as though L spoke for God. Better he had attacked his argument.:)

RadBooley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 RadBooley
Member since 2008 • 1237 Posts

[QUOTE="blackregiment"]

God's Word says this.

Rom 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: And? People are not perfect. They make mistakes but if you take that literally then why would He bother to send His son....after all no one is righteous.
Rom 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. Out of context. Don't know what point you think you are making.
Rom 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. Same as above.

LJS9502_basic

Using your logic then as I stated above God has no one to save.

No! Look what you've done! You've mingled your words with his post! Now you'll never get a response!

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

Everyone who rejects maybe, but some do not ever hear the word of the gospel, or ever hear about salvation through Christ. That is what is being discussed, how can a person who never heard of the Christian God be condemned? That is not justice.warbmxjohn

Justice is punishment to suit the crime, what about hell is equivalent on any level? It's infinite punishment for finite crimes, it is not even a punishment when you think about it; as punishments are designed to be learned from. There is no learning from hell, no coming back from it and learning not to do it again, just unending suffering.

Lansdowne5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 Lansdowne5

[QUOTE="Lansdowne5"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Let's use a contemporary comparison. With great power comes great responsibility. Now with faith that means that MORE is expected of those with faith than those without. I have seen you state in this forums that faith is a gift. Which it is. That means that without that gift you find it perfectly acceptable to condemn good people. Sorry but I don't believe God thinks as that. You know he is merciful and just...right?

LJS9502_basic

Indeed but His word does not back you up. Read about the two thieves on the cross? Neither followed Jesus yet one was saved.

The thief on the cross confessed his sins.....which is why Jesus forgave him and he was saved. Again....have you read this book called Revelation.....?
warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 warbmxjohn

[QUOTE="warbmxjohn"][QUOTE="Lansdowne5"]

blackregiment

God's Word tells us.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

If someone seeks God, He be faithful in revealing Himself and His plan of salvation to them.

How can one seek that which they have no clue of it's existence?

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 Teenaged

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="Lansdowne5"]

Lansdowne5

In other words: intransigence justified by a supposed infallible source of info. While you should know that everything a human being can come "in touch" with on Earth is earthly and thus subject to error. May I remind you our discussion in the AU?

Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts
[QUOTE="jointed"]I fail to see why an all powerful being would want to create this maze of dogma and ludicrous ways of getting into "heaven". Why would he care about us believing in him? Why would he crave all this attention? It's so obviously a human construct. I'm certainly not rejecting the idea of a God, but this humanization of him is completely ridiculous, in my opinion. Salvation through Jesus? Come on guys...tktomo01
Actually, we were "Godilized" I suppose you could say; we were created in his image.

That's not at all what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the fact that the sheer simplicity of it is reeks of human thinking. Believe in this bloke and you'll be saved, if you don't, you'll burn. Yeah, because God really is that simple-minded
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 LJS9502_basic

I am not talking about rejection, if a person has no knowledge of christ then why should that be his fault? shouldn't it be gods duty to pre program the human mind with christ as being the saviour, then each one can choose to reject him or not? really, a person who has no knowledge of christ doesn't even have the chance to accept or deny him :?

Mind_Mover

Again....you are taking his word for things. God does not condemn those who do not know. The Bible NEVER stated such a thing.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 Teenaged

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="blackregiment"]

God's Word says this.

Rom 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: And? People are not perfect. They make mistakes but if you take that literally then why would He bother to send His son....after all no one is righteous.
Rom 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. Out of context. Don't know what point you think you are making.
Rom 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. Same as above.

RadBooley

Using your logic then as I stated above God has no one to save.

No! Look what you've done! You've mingled your words with his post! Now you'll never get a response!

Or even worse... he'll get reported for it! :o

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 LJS9502_basic

The thief on the cross confessed his sins.....which is why Jesus forgave him and he was saved. Again....have you read this book called Revelation.....?Lansdowne5
He never converted.;) He merely said they deserved to be there but that Jesus did not.

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 blackregiment

[QUOTE="Lansdowne5"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Let's use a contemporary comparison. With great power comes great responsibility. Now with faith that means that MORE is expected of those with faith than those without. I have seen you state in this forums that faith is a gift. Which it is. That means that without that gift you find it perfectly acceptable to condemn good people. Sorry but I don't believe God thinks as that. You know he is merciful and just...right?

LJS9502_basic

...and why was one their saved and the other one not? Because on rejected Christ and the other came to faith.

Luk 23:39 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.
Luk 23:40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?
Luk 23:41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.
Luk 23:42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
Luk 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

pancreasjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 pancreasjuice
Member since 2008 • 344 Posts
You know, whatever the verdict of this thread, i think im just gonna get my self hypnotised, or brainwashed just before i die to accept JC blah blah blah. This way ill be sincerely into the whole thing, and if this whole idea does turn out to be true, at least ill have it covered, like a spiritual insurance policy.
Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#332 Koi-Neon-X
Member since 2009 • 2148 Posts
[

No offense, but your post seems to contain an awful lot of fear, both imparted and expressed. The Bible makes it very clear that fear and love are incompatible (1 John 4:18 ) and, since God loves the world (John 3:16) and wants us to love both him and each other (1 John 4:7-12, Matthew 7:12), it necessarily follows that we are not to be afraid - something even explicitly stated in Psalm 23:4.

I think too many people pay too much attention to the whole issue of one's eternal destiny and not nearly enough attention to the ultimate reason for why Jesus instructed us to do what he did. God doesn't need anything more; thus, it makes sense that it's ultimately for us. One ought not to follow Jesus' words out of fear of hell or simply because God said so, but rather because they recognize the immense value and benefit in doing so both to oneself and to everyone with whom one comes into contact. I think there is a reason why the people who find themselves in Jesus' favor in Matthew 25:31-46 are surprised at this fact: they lived a life not out of concern for their own eternal destinies, but out of love and compassion for everyone on Earth.

None taken. I do have love for the Lord and I also fear Him as well. I don't sit around and ponder my eternal destination every second of the day. I did say "having a relationship with God" and living life proper. My message was for those who simply don't believe that Heaven or Hell exists, whether God or Satan exists. You can love AND fear the Lord as well. There are plenty of instances in the Old Testament of people fearing the Lord. Not the definition of fear (or being scared of Him) but, more like a respect for His awesome might and power; to be in awe of Him. I can't and don't worry about these things because it's not for me to decide. All I can do is live my life day to night and to have a relationship not only with God but, those around me as well and to do the things I feel in my heart are the RIGHT things to do in life (like you said expressing love and respect for all life.) My former life included getting drunk, chain smoking, womanizing, cursing Him, thoughts of suicide, being greedy, and basically living for myself. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with pondering one's own eternal destiny as I find that to be worthy of giving SOME thought. It is our nature as human beings to be curious and inquisitive. I agree with the majority of what you said and even incorporated some of it in my response. After reading post after post after post of "God is not real, God doesn't exist, "Heaven isn't real" etc.. my post was simply a big "WAIT JUST A SECOND!" I'm just as guilty as everyone else of being a sinner. The resources are out there for one to obtain knowledge of what they don't understand. My wife thought I was taking things to literally at first and I'll admit not being a follower of God my whole life I did at first follow the word to a T. I was missing the point at first only because of my own ignorance. I did make it all about me because I WAS afraid and I did have fear about my eternal fate because of the horrible things I have done. Fast forward a year later I have a better understanding of things. You can have the compassion,love, you can have the fear, the awe. Because there are two sides you can't forget: love and judgement. He is more than capable of both and to talk about Hell he discussed Hell MORE than he does Heaven in the Bible. It's an awful place so why not be afraid of it? you're SUPPOSED to be afraid of it. He mentioned it so why not talk about it. Just like in the books I've been reading people don't want to be knocked out of their comfort zones so they get angry just at the mere mention of certain things and topics so they shoo you away. It's okay to fear Hell and hope for Heaven. Everything I mentioned is well intentioned and true. The question BumFluff122 asked about the soul. Our bodies are biological. A shell that houses the soul. We are energy and when we pass away what do you think happens to that energy (ie: your soul)? does it just vanish? does it cease to be? no. God gave you eternal life, breathing the breath of life into your lungs. The soul is not some temporary "thing" but, it's your very essence. The body was not made to last forever but, you, your soul, is going to last forever. There is plenty of proof of the soul-Jesus Christ said it Himself: our souls are eternal. People who have had near death experiences have surely attested to the fact. Science is even taking strides to find the out more about the soul (ie; how much it weighs, at what point after physical death does it leave the body, what the soul is composed of) that is all I have to say about the matter. God Bless.
Lansdowne5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 Lansdowne5

[QUOTE="Lansdowne5"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]No he does not....

LJS9502_basic

I'm not conformed to the world. But I don't use the Bible to say I'm superior either.;)

Your sig says otherwise.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 LJS9502_basic

[Or even worse... he'll get reported for it! :o

Teenaged

It's not against the ToU.

warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 warbmxjohn

[QUOTE="warbmxjohn"]Everyone who rejects maybe, but some do not ever hear the word of the gospel, or ever hear about salvation through Christ. That is what is being discussed, how can a person who never heard of the Christian God be condemned? That is not justice.AnnoyedDragon

Justice is punishment to suit the crime, what about hell is equivalent on any level? It's infinite punishment for finite crimes, it is not even a punishment when you think about it; as punishments are designed to be learned from. There is no learning from hell, no coming back from it and learning not to do it again, just unending suffering.

Agreed. There is no justice in this system.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="Lansdowne5"] Indeed. I try my best to be non-conformed to the world.Lansdowne5

Your sig says otherwise.

:lol: God gives out the talent thus He gave The Cure talent to entertain people such as myself. PS....heard Jesus is a great Cure fan.

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 Funky_Llama
Member since 2006 • 18428 Posts

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="Lansdowne5"] He would be unjust to allow those into Heaven who had not been washed clean in the blood of Jesus, just as a judge would be unjust to allow someone who had clearly broken the law to go free without punishment.Lansdowne5
I don't see how an eternal punishment for finite crimes is just.

Sin is infinite unless removed by the Lord -- thus, it warrants an infinite punishment.

It's not infinite and even if it were, why would that mean it would warrant an infinite punishment?

Mind_Mover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 Mind_Mover
Member since 2005 • 1489 Posts

[QUOTE="Mind_Mover"]

LJS9502_basic

Again....you are taking his word for things. God does not condemn those who do not know. The Bible NEVER stated such a thing.

I am not taking his words as fact or anything, rather, i find it sad that that this person is preaching this kind of nonsense in the first place.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 LJS9502_basic

blackregiment

Only Luke gave that story....and it's actually not important to the message itself but was used to teach the followers. Remember Luke was not there.

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 blackregiment

[QUOTE="blackregiment"]

[QUOTE="warbmxjohn"]Everyone who rejects maybe, but some do not ever hear the word of the gospel, or ever hear about salvation through Christ. That is what is being discussed, how can a person who never heard of the Christian God be condemned? That is not justice.warbmxjohn

God's Word tells us.

How can one seek that which they have no clue of it's existence?

God answered that...

Rom 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath showed it unto them.
Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341 Funky_Llama
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="Lansdowne5"] Indeed. I try my best to be non-conformed to the world.Lansdowne5

Your sig says otherwise.

Yeah, LJ. Just at his hair. Its unruliness is nothing short of satanic :lol:
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342 LJS9502_basic

I am not taking his words as fact or anything, rather, i find it sad that that this person is preaching this kind of nonsense in the first place.

Mind_Mover

Ah I see. Carry on then.....

DrSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343 DrSponge
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

Your sig says otherwise.

You have Iron Man in your avatar :|
Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 Funky_Llama
Why hasn't this thread been locked, anyway? I don't see how it's any better than the last one, which was locked.
RadBooley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 RadBooley
Member since 2008 • 1237 Posts

[QUOTE="Lansdowne5"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] I don't see how an eternal punishment for finite crimes is just. Funky_Llama

Sin is infinite unless removed by the Lord -- thus, it warrants an infinite punishment.

It's not infinite and even if it were, why would that mean it would warrant an infinite punishment?

He must be a hit at parties.

warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 warbmxjohn
[QUOTE="DrSponge"][QUOTE="warbmxjohn"][QUOTE="DrSponge"] I don't see how I rejected something I don't believe in...

Is that aimed at me or him?

Your statement seems to be a bit of a contradiction. No offense by that, just the way it is worded.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347 LJS9502_basic

Why hasn't this thread been locked, anyway? I don't see how it's any better than the last one, which was locked.Funky_Llama
Lack of mods?

Lansdowne5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 Lansdowne5

[QUOTE="Lansdowne5"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] I don't see how an eternal punishment for finite crimes is just. Funky_Llama

The Bible makes clear that it is. Infinite sin = Infinite punishment. Finite sin = Finite punishment. That's just how it is. :)
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="Lansdowne5"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]I'm not conformed to the world. But I don't use the Bible to say I'm superior either.;)

DrSponge

Your sig says otherwise.

You have Iron Man in your avatar :|

Oh no....conformed to the world. :o

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350 blackregiment

[QUOTE="blackregiment"]

LJS9502_basic

Only Luke gave that story....and it's actually not important to the message itself but was used to teach the followers. Remember Luke was not there.

Do you believe that all of Scripure is God's breathed and is the Word of God? Do you conider the Words of Luke uninspired and therfore of less importance?

2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: