Why must the Holocaust be taught and remembered?

• 159 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pspdseagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 pspdseagle
Member since 2007 • 3307 Posts

I find it pretty dumb.

Its amazing how we are taught this in school, we should just forget about this stuff because I can't figure out a valid reason about why we should remeber the deaths of millions of people and World War 2. Sure, Hitler killed the Jews only because they were Jews, but isn't that the reason why we should forget about this stuff and leave it as is.

I go to a public school and learn this stuff; it sucks. Does anybody agree with me or do you believe that this stuff should be remembered always?:x

DarkKar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 DarkKar
Member since 2005 • 6025 Posts
Why stop there? Down with history all together!
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

I find it pretty dumb.

Its amazing how we are taught this in school, we should just forget about this stuff because I can't figure out a valid about why we should remeber the deaths of millions of people and World War 2. Sure, Hitler killed the Jews only because they were Jews, but isn't that the reason why we should forget about this stuff and leave it as is.

I go to a public school and learn this stuff; it sucks. Does anybody agree with me or do you believe that this stuff should be remembered always?:x

pspdseagle

So we should just ignore history?

C_BozkurT_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 C_BozkurT_C
Member since 2008 • 3580 Posts
so that we can learn from our past and not allow such atrocities to occur again.
Denso-GS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Denso-GS
Member since 2007 • 585 Posts

I find it pretty dumb.

Its amazing how we are taught this in school, we should just forget about this stuff because I can't figure out a valid reason about why we should remeber the deaths of millions of people and World War 2. Sure, Hitler killed the Jews only because they were Jews, but isn't that the reason why we should forget about this stuff and leave it as is.

pspdseagle

cuz if they didnt teach u that what else do they teach u :P
Taalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Taalon
Member since 2006 • 3424 Posts
It changed mankind forever, why not?
MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MattUD1
Member since 2004 • 20715 Posts
This topic offends me in so many ways...
ColdRush88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 ColdRush88
Member since 2008 • 1192 Posts

I find it pretty dumb.

pspdseagle

You may find that stuff boring but I bet the people that fought and died in it don't. it's important to learn about so as we don't go making the same mistakes that happened in the past and we respect the peole that died defending their countries.

DarkKar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DarkKar

This topic offends me in so many ways...MattUD1

I doubt you'd be offended if history was never taught.

chico129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 chico129
Member since 2006 • 7964 Posts
So, you suggest we forget about six million murder victims and pretend none of them ever existed...?
ColdRush88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ColdRush88
Member since 2008 • 1192 Posts

This topic offends me in so many ways...MattUD1

I'm not surprised. Saying learning about the Holocaust is dumb isn't the brightest thing to say.

Avatar image for hot_juicy_steak
hot_juicy_steak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hot_juicy_steak
Member since 2008 • 1096 Posts
we learn it because we dont want the same mistake done twice. and we dnt want history repeating itself.
MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MattUD1

[QUOTE="MattUD1"]This topic offends me in so many ways...DarkKar

It's my life!
Truth_Seekr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Truth_Seekr
Member since 2007 • 4214 Posts

To keep that part of history polarized and to show the "triumphant/good" side of the American government/military.

Never will they tell the side of history that incriminates USA

MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MattUD1

To keep that part of history polarized and to show the "triumphant/good" side of the American government/military.

Truth_Seekr
You mean the Dresden Bombings? Yeah... I learned about that. And the internment camps? That as well.
THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#16 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

Truth_Seekr

You mean the internment camps used to imprison Japanese-Americans during WWII? I learned that bit in History class.

Truth_Seekr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Truth_Seekr
Member since 2007 • 4214 Posts
[QUOTE="Truth_Seekr"]

MattUD1

You mean the Dresden Bombings? Yeah... I learned about that. And the internment camps? That as well.

whatever falls along that line. be it the creation of the Federal Reserve - funding both sides of WWII - Vietnam - the recent false flag operation(ahem 9-11) - plus a whole lot more. take your pick....

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts
Not sure why the schools only teach the Holocaust and ignore other mass killings that have happened around the world; I am going to have to point out Japan during WW2.
Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 Bulldog19892
Member since 2005 • 3520 Posts
It happened, and it was an extremely significant event in our history. If we forget everything bad that's happened in our past we'd be creating a fake picture of the world for our children. We must learn from our past.
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Truth_Seekr

Well , I had history classes where they did. I must have imagined it.

DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts

The funny thing is the United States has 119 concentration camps, last I checked at least. Each of which can hold 2,000,000 people but there's no one in them and they're all in the middle of no where... *twilight zone music*

No but seriously look it up it's ridiculous. They're created by FEMA and FEMA has spent over $300,000,000 on these camps.

But on topic again, I'd say it's important because it was such a monumental event in history. Sure it doesn't affect you today in your every day life, but a little school lesson is the least you could give to remember the millions that died. It's not asking much.

SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts

Not sure why the schools only teach the Holocaust and ignore other mass killings that have happened around the world; I am going to have to point out Japan during WW2. limpbizkit818

How about Stalin? Mao?

DarkKar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DarkKar
[QUOTE="DarkKar"]

[QUOTE="MattUD1"]This topic offends me in so many ways...MattUD1

It's my life!

Support the movement! 1,3,4,2; his-tor-ee gives me the blues!

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 THE_DRUGGIE
[QUOTE="MattUD1"][QUOTE="Truth_Seekr"]

Truth_Seekr

whatever falls along that line. be it the creation of the Federal Reserve - funding both sides of WWII - Vietnam - the recent false flag operation(ahem 9-11) - plus a whole lot more. take your pick....

And let's not forget the other horrible things like the Waco Massacre and the Queens riots of the early 90s.

Trust me, they teach us plenty of negative things our country's government, military, police force, and citizens have done over the years.

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Oriental_Jams
Member since 2008 • 1610 Posts
So we should just ignore the mistakes we made in the past, not learning from them or anything?
biBLioTek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 biBLioTek
Member since 2004 • 1531 Posts
stupidity takes a new level you learn about past history to NOT repeat it! get over it? its like saying "get over hiroshima, i mean we all know nukes are bad anyway" history is a testament for what ideas and actions lead towards.
MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MattUD1

[QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]Not sure why the schools only teach the Holocaust and ignore other mass killings that have happened around the world; I am going to have to point out Japan during WW2. SSCyborg

How about Stalin? Mao?

Depends on the History Class.
Mr_Korean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Mr_Korean
Member since 2008 • 1622 Posts

We wouldn't want to history to repeat itself now would we?

MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MattUD1
[QUOTE="Truth_Seekr"][QUOTE="MattUD1"][QUOTE="Truth_Seekr"]

THE_DRUGGIE

And let's not forget the other horrible things like the Waco Massacre and the Queens riots of the early 90s.

Trust me, they teach us plenty of negative things our country's government, military, police force, and citizens have done over the years.

Let's not forget McCarthyism.
THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 THE_DRUGGIE
[QUOTE="THE_DRUGGIE"][QUOTE="Truth_Seekr"][QUOTE="MattUD1"][QUOTE="Truth_Seekr"]

MattUD1

Indeed. It was a modern witch hunt with communism. It's a shame he came from my state.

MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MattUD1

Indeed. It was a modern witch hunt with communism. It's a shame he came from my state.

THE_DRUGGIE
All I have is President Buchanan... :?
THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 THE_DRUGGIE
[QUOTE="THE_DRUGGIE"]

MattUD1

At least you're not stuck with Jeffrey Dahmer and Ed Gein... >_>

MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MattUD1
[QUOTE="MattUD1"][QUOTE="THE_DRUGGIE"]

THE_DRUGGIE

What about Rick Santorum?
SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts
[QUOTE="SSCyborg"]

[QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]Not sure why the schools only teach the Holocaust and ignore other mass killings that have happened around the world; I am going to have to point out Japan during WW2. MattUD1

How about Stalin? Mao?

My c1ass sucked.

"Stalin killed a lot of Russians"

That was basically all we heard of the killings he did. We spent forever on the holocaust.

MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MattUD1
[QUOTE="MattUD1"][QUOTE="SSCyborg"]

[QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]Not sure why the schools only teach the Holocaust and ignore other mass killings that have happened around the world; I am going to have to point out Japan during WW2. SSCyborg

How about Stalin? Mao?

My c1ass sucked.

"Stalin killed a lot of Russians"

That was basically all we heard of the killings he did. We spent forever on the holocaust.

Wow... If I remember right most of what we learned was Stalin purged his military officials and sent them to gulags and the massive human wave attacks were very costly. But what I meant with that post is, depending on the history ****you are in you would learn about different people/events. Not too much time is going to be spent talking about Mao in US History ****
darksword1123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 darksword1123
Member since 2004 • 30121 Posts
It's called learning from the mistakes made in the past.
CoreyNT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 CoreyNT
Member since 2008 • 593 Posts

It changed mankind forever, why not?Taalon

yea why not remembeR?

TC your probably american, so should we forget about your dead soldiers in Iraq because its history, and we don't want to remember it?

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 THE_DRUGGIE
[QUOTE="THE_DRUGGIE"][QUOTE="MattUD1"][QUOTE="THE_DRUGGIE"]

MattUD1

What about Rick Santorum?

The name's familiar, but my memory's a bit fuzzy on that one.

ElZilcho90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ElZilcho90
Member since 2006 • 6157 Posts
[QUOTE="MattUD1"]

THE_DRUGGIE

You know... McCarthy was right. Evidence surfaced that there were thousands of members of the federal government who were directly involved with/spying for the Soviets, including upper-level officials and presidential aides.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 THE_DRUGGIE
[QUOTE="THE_DRUGGIE"][QUOTE="MattUD1"]

ElZilcho90

You know... McCarthy was right. Evidence surfaced that there were thousands of members of the federal government who were directly involved with/spying for the Soviets, including upper-level officials and presidential aides.

And got innocent people killed in the process.

soren008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 soren008
Member since 2008 • 2190 Posts

I find it pretty dumb.

pspdseagle

So by your logic only remember the good history ...

this is foolishness to the highest degree

Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
Because we have the right to know the truth...
soren008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 soren008
Member since 2008 • 2190 Posts

It happened, and it was an extremely significant event in our history. If we forget everything bad that's happened in our past we'd be creating a fake picture of the world for our children. Bulldog19892

welcome to religion :P

hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 hockey73
Member since 2005 • 8281 Posts

so that we can learn from our past and not allow such atrocities to occur again.C_BozkurT_C

Yah, even though genocide is occuring right now. I remember, last year they did a lecture on how we should never forget, but listed all these places with genocide, where no one is doing anything. If anything, they should teach more about other genocides, rather than spend all this time on just the one, to show people that it's still going on.

Avatar image for deactivated-60f8966fb59f5
deactivated-60f8966fb59f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-60f8966fb59f5
Member since 2008 • 1719 Posts
I am surprised that nobody has reported this.
ElZilcho90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ElZilcho90
Member since 2006 • 6157 Posts
[QUOTE="ElZilcho90"][QUOTE="THE_DRUGGIE"][QUOTE="MattUD1"]

THE_DRUGGIE

And got innocent people killed in the process.

What do you mean?

btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#49 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts

I find it pretty dumb.

pspdseagle

I completely disagree with you. We need to remember and be taught the good and the bad from history, especially history not that long ago. Kids (schoolage) need to understand there are prejudices and horrors in the world so one day when they become our leaders they will have some understanding of it. My son, 13 just finished 8th grade, hasn't learned enough on the Holocaust as far as I'm concerned so I have taught him more. He and all need to be prepared for the real world and like I said stand up against these acts.

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts

How about Stalin? Mao?

He's referring to concentration camp styled genocide