Why must the Holocaust be taught and remembered?

• 159 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
[QUOTE="Truth_Seekr"]

To keep that part of history polarized and to show the "triumphant/good" side of the American government/military.

Never will they tell the side of history that incriminates USA

MattUD1

You mean the Dresden Bombings? Yeah... I learned about that. And the internment camps? That as well.

and the Tokyo firebombings which killed mopre than the nukes which were only dropped because the russians were coming and might spread comunism

Jaks_Secret

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#102 Jaks_Secret
Member since 2006 • 9003 Posts
[QUOTE="Dracargen"]

[QUOTE="Welkabonz"] Sounds like an ill-conceived political appeal to me.mingo123

Exactly.

Jesus never really liked jews

mingo123

Hence why He made them His chosen people, was born and raised a Jew, and had Jewish disciples?:|

hmmm ok

Why would he hate Jews? He was Jewish, his parents were Jewish, he had Jewish disciples, etc. Jews did nothing but welcome him (as a people, at least. There are obnoxious individuals everywhere).

Dracargen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Dracargen
Member since 2007 • 7928 Posts
[QUOTE="Dracargen"][QUOTE="markop2003"]

wat??? I know ha was a christian and the church dosn't like the jews but that's not why he killed them, he was jealous because they profited from WWI and where then really rich

mingo123

Hitler severely criticised Christianity and Christians repeatedly. . . . .

Anyway, the main reason for the Holocaust was to create a perfect Aryan race (white skin, blond hair, blue eyes, six feet tall, etc.). The Holocaust was a eugenics program.

jews can have those features as well

Do you mean "Jews" as in "People who follow the Jewish religion," or "Jews" as in "People born of the Jewish race"?

Because if it's the latter, then no, they do not.

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 markop2003

Not sure why the schools only teach the Holocaust and ignore other mass killings that have happened around the world; I am going to have to point out Japan during WW2. limpbizkit818

I wished they taught more of that, but in the UK we're taught pretty much nothing except the uk's and a bit of western europe's history

ElZilcho90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105 ElZilcho90
Member since 2006 • 6157 Posts
Whooole lot of attention-whoring asshattery going on in this thread...
MissLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#106 MissLibrarian
Member since 2008 • 9589 Posts
[QUOTE="Dracargen"][QUOTE="markop2003"]

wat??? I know ha was a christian and the church dosn't like the jews but that's not why he killed them, he was jealous because they profited from WWI and where then really rich

mingo123

Anyway, the main reason for the Holocaust was to create a perfect Aryan race (white skin, blond hair, blue eyes, six feet tall, etc.). The Holocaust was a eugenics program.

Well yeah, but that still doesn't stop eugenics being the main issue behind the holocaust because it is the basis of Hitler's thinking. His entire regime was based on the 1000 Year Reich which he was certain he could obtain by breeding his Aryan race. His invasions were under the pretence of acquiring living space for his grand people. Thats why others such as homosexuals, gypsies and the hadicapped were also victims of the Holocaust.

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 markop2003
[QUOTE="markop2003"]

Dracargen

only because they critisised him, they thought he was too violant, then he set up his own church and replaced the leaders to shut them up

Aryen race idea wasn't as big as you think, just look at the nazi high command, how many are Aryan?

Jaks_Secret

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Jaks_Secret
[QUOTE="mingo123"][QUOTE="Dracargen"][QUOTE="markop2003"]

MissLibrarian

Well yeah, but that still doesn't stop eugenics being the main issue behind the holocaust because it is the basis of Hitler's thinking. His entire regime was based on the 1000 Year Reich which he was certain he could obtain by breeding his Aryan race. His invasions were under the pretence of acquiring living space for his grand people. Thats why others such as homosexuals, gypsies and the hadicapped were also victims of the Holocaust.

And Jehovahs, because they wouldn't heil Big H.

lucky326

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#109 lucky326
Member since 2006 • 3799 Posts

[QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]Not sure why the schools only teach the Holocaust and ignore other mass killings that have happened around the world; I am going to have to point out Japan during WW2. markop2003

I wished they taught more of that, but in the UK we're taught pretty much nothing except the uk's and a bit of western europe's history

Really? I got the impression all we learnt about were the Tudors.....seriously I had to learn everything else myself the self-righteous fools. I would have enjoyed learning more about the Crusades yes....that was fun.
mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts
[QUOTE="mingo123"][QUOTE="Dracargen"][QUOTE="markop2003"]

Dracargen

Do you mean "Jews" as in "People who follow the Jewish religion," or "Jews" as in "People born of the Jewish race"?

Because if it's the latter, then no, they do not.

i havent heard of the jewish race

flowdee79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 flowdee79
Member since 2007 • 4483 Posts
[QUOTE="Dracargen"][QUOTE="mingo123"][QUOTE="Dracargen"][QUOTE="mingo123"]

Hitler was a Christian not Athiest, he killed jews for lord

mingo123

Hitler was pagan, if anything.:roll:

he killed jews for lord jesus

Lord Jesus was a Jew.:|

Jesus never really liked jews

:|

DaveGamer_05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 DaveGamer_05
Member since 2005 • 18823 Posts
We learn history to avoid repeating mistakes.
bradleybhoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 bradleybhoy
Member since 2005 • 6501 Posts
[QUOTE="markop2003"]

[QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]Not sure why the schools only teach the Holocaust and ignore other mass killings that have happened around the world; I am going to have to point out Japan during WW2. lucky326

Really? I got the impression all we learnt about were the Tudors.....seriously I had to learn everything else myself the self-righteous fools. I would have enjoyed learning more about the Crusades yes....that was fun.

We learned about political progress from 1832 until the creation of the welfare state after the second world war. And also the mid-war period and appeasment etc.

Dracargen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Dracargen

only because they critisised him, they thought he was too violant, then he set up his own church and replaced the leaders to shut them up

Aryen race idea wasn't as big as you think, just look at the nazi high command, how many are Aryan?

markop2003

That's always been a confusion. Perhaps Hitler had envy of the Aryan race. But one thing is for certain: That was his perfect world. Hitler himself was kind of short, with black hair and (brown?) eyes.

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 markop2003
[QUOTE="markop2003"]

[QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]Not sure why the schools only teach the Holocaust and ignore other mass killings that have happened around the world; I am going to have to point out Japan during WW2. lucky326

We did a bit on the Normans and Saxons, then there's the nazi germany course and the medicine one. Don't see why we didn't cover oriental medicine though, India and China were really advanced, some of the rich African nations were quite good to

Avatar image for UrbanSpartan125
UrbanSpartan125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 UrbanSpartan125
Member since 2006 • 3684 Posts

I find it pretty dumb.

Its amazing how we are taught this in school, we should just forget about this stuff because I can't figure out a valid reason about why we should remeber the deaths of millions of people and World War 2. Sure, Hitler killed the Jews only because they were Jews, but isn't that the reason why we should forget about this stuff and leave it as is.

I go to a public school and learn this stuff; it sucks. Does anybody agree with me or do you believe that this stuff should be remembered always?:x

pspdseagle
So it doesn't happen again.
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 markop2003
[QUOTE="markop2003"]

Dracargen

That's always been a confusion. Perhaps Hitler had envy of the Aryan race. But one thing is for certain: That was his perfect world. Hitler himself was kind of short, with black hair and (brown?) eyes.

i think it might have just been cause they were the opposite of the jewish stereotype

Jaks_Secret

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Jaks_Secret

This is a little off-topic, but I think that it fits kind of well.

Dracargen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Dracargen

Jaks_Secret

And you call me awesome?:lol:

keanny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 keanny
Member since 2008 • 88 Posts

Hitler didnt practice any religion tbh ,

Hitler was allowed to whip up the hate for jews as they brought a lot of it on themselves In the Pre WW1/2 Eras tbh ,

Its not a nice fact but no one liked the Jews then ! Hitler thought he was doing everyone in Europe a favour, this isnt my personal thoughts just facts ,

Franken_Berry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#121 Franken_Berry
Member since 2004 • 5968 Posts
You're not being serious, are you? :|
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
TC, what is your grade in this history class? >_>
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts
cause if we are not taught it we are doomed to repeat it
hojobojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 hojobojo
Member since 2005 • 1268 Posts
[QUOTE="ElZilcho90"][QUOTE="THE_DRUGGIE"][QUOTE="ElZilcho90"][QUOTE="THE_DRUGGIE"][QUOTE="MattUD1"]

Let's not forget McCarthyism.
THE_DRUGGIE

Indeed. It was a modern witch hunt with communism. It's a shame he came from my state.

You know... McCarthy was right. Evidence surfaced that there were thousands of members of the federal government who were directly involved with/spying for the Soviets, including upper-level officials and presidential aides.

And got innocent people killed in the process.

What do you mean?

I remember in History calss that there was a couple suspected of treason and sentenced to death for allegedly being associated with the communists.

The thing is.. why is being a communist treason?

keanny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 keanny

Franken_berry

If thats aimed at me , Yes Im serious , the European post war Jew was hated by everyone , its a well known Fact !

keanny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 keanny
Post World War 1 ...
A_Tarkovsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 A_Tarkovsky
Member since 2008 • 2929 Posts

I find it pretty dumb.

Its amazing how we are taught this in school, we should just forget about this stuff because I can't figure out a valid reason about why we should remeber the deaths of millions of people and World War 2. Sure, Hitler killed the Jews only because they were Jews, but isn't that the reason why we should forget about this stuff and leave it as is.

I go to a public school and learn this stuff; it sucks. Does anybody agree with me or do you believe that this stuff should be remembered always?:x

pspdseagle
I think what you've said is hilariously idiotic.
haggard_korn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#128 haggard_korn
Member since 2006 • 3662 Posts

I find it pretty dumb.

pspdseagle

umm...so it doesn't happen again?

g-unit248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 g-unit248
Member since 2005 • 7197 Posts
come on TC, are you serious?
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
[QUOTE="THE_DRUGGIE"][QUOTE="Truth_Seekr"][QUOTE="MattUD1"][QUOTE="Truth_Seekr"]

To keep that part of history polarized and to show the "triumphant/good" side of the American government/military.

Never will they tell the side of history that incriminates USA

MattUD1

You mean the Dresden Bombings? Yeah... I learned about that. And the internment camps? That as well.

whatever falls along that line. be it the creation of the Federal Reserve - funding both sides of WWII - Vietnam - the recent false flag operation(ahem 9-11) - plus a whole lot more. take your pick....

And let's not forget the other horrible things like the Waco Massacre and the Queens riots of the early 90s.

Trust me, they teach us plenty of negative things our country's government, military, police force, and citizens have done over the years.

Oh, LORDY let's not forget about that farce...imagine if we repeated that? We'd be a laughing stock...well, more of one than we are now, I mean.

keanny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 keanny

The fate of those Jewish people (however many)who were Murdered should never be forgot....

as some guy said (Burke I think ?) When good men do nothing, Evil will triumph....look what happened in Rwanda

ElZilcho90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 ElZilcho90
Member since 2006 • 6157 Posts

The fate of those Jewish people (however many)who were Murdered should never be forgot....

as some guy said (Burke I think ?) When good men do nothing, Evil will triumph....look what happened in Rwanda

keanny

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

keanny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 keanny
Yeah thats the fella ...lolz
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 PannicAtack

Franken_berry

If thats aimed at me , Yes Im serious , the European post war Jew was hated by everyone , its a well known Fact !

keanny

Jews have been hated throughout history, blamed for several problems. People blamed the Jews for the Black Plague, claiming that they'd been poisoning the well-water.

Anti-Semitism hit a Renaissance in the early 20th century with the publication of "The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion." >_>

Mr_sprinkles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Mr_sprinkles
Member since 2005 • 6461 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaks_Secret"]

Dracargen

And you call me awesome?:lol:

I wouldn't have thought so. :|

:P

keanny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 keanny

PannicAtack

Im glad someone knows their history see the Medieval times , when they were also charged with child snatching an killing

iSpray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 iSpray
Member since 2008 • 203 Posts
i think it should be taught forever in schools, not only to never make mistakes like that again but also as a mark of remembrance and respect for the people who lost their lives.
soren008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 soren008
Member since 2008 • 2190 Posts
[QUOTE="mingo123"]

Hitler was a Christian not Athiest, he killed jews for lord

Dracargen

Hitler was pagan, if anything.:roll:

Hitler was Hitler (a nutcase)

to define him by his beliefs is unnecessary

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 PannicAtack

The Holocaust should be taught in history classes, for the simple fact that it's part of history.

The question answers itself. >_>

Lappydoopy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Lappydoopy
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="THE_DRUGGIE"][QUOTE="ElZilcho90"][QUOTE="THE_DRUGGIE"][QUOTE="ElZilcho90"][QUOTE="THE_DRUGGIE"]

hojobojo

Indeed. It was a modern witch hunt with communism. It's a shame he came from my state.

You know... McCarthy was right. Evidence surfaced that there were thousands of members of the federal government who were directly involved with/spying for the Soviets, including upper-level officials and presidential aides.

And got innocent people killed in the process.

What do you mean?

I remember in History calss that there was a couple suspected of treason and sentenced to death for allegedly being associated with the communists.

This thread was stupid enough to make me post. (First post!) Normally I just browse the forums. Anyway the Rosenbergs were in fact guilty, although they were charged with conspiracy to commit espionage. Ethel was an accomplice, but Julius was a direct involvment. Another person involved was David Greenglass, who helped forward the secrets to Julius. Greenglass was given his freedom by testifying against his sister, Ethel, and Julius. If the government knew what it did today, they would have been charged with treason and killed, or more likely, only Julius. Ethel was only an accomplice. Conspiracy to commit espionage does not warrant to the death penalty, so although they didn't deserve to be killed under that charge, they weren't innocent. They weren't innocent at all.

dante_123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#141 dante_123456
Member since 2005 • 15011 Posts
cause it's a part of history, whether we like it or not.
ferron321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 ferron321
Member since 2004 • 3078 Posts

I find it pretty dumb.

pspdseagle

Thats the dumbest thing ive heard in ages. Thats like if you went to your mums funeral and the guy running it was like "Hey, you know what, this is all in the past so who cares to be honest?"

toxic_jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#143 toxic_jackal
Member since 2007 • 1793 Posts

I find it pretty dumb.

pspdseagle

I can see why you are somewhat angry regarding this. I've learned about the Holocaust all too many times in school and perhaps not enough about other human catastrophes. Freshman year in high school was the first time I had ever heard about the Rwandan and Armenian genocides, when I had learned about the Holocaust maybe in 4th grade. Even then, we barely spent any time learning about them, and I hadn't been taught about those genocides since.

I think the Holocaust is taught so much because it affected most of the world in some way, whereas the Rwandan/Armenian genocides seemed to happen on "smaller scales" which simply means that too many people didn't hear about it, or it wasn't a big deal to most people around the world.

Myrkan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Myrkan
Member since 2004 • 1304 Posts

TC Think about what you said. History must be learned so we do not make the same mistakes we did in the past. Besides, are we just supposed to forget about the millions of people brutally murdered by the disgusting nazis? This topic also offends me slightly considering I'm jewish.

Fandangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Fandangle
Member since 2003 • 3433 Posts
History is important - even the bad parts can teach the next generations.
Dracargen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Dracargen
[QUOTE="pspdseagle"]

I find it pretty dumb.

toxic_jackal

I can see why you are somewhat angry regarding this. I've learned about the Holocaust all too many times in school and perhaps not enough about other human catastrophes. Freshman year in high school was the first time I had ever heard about the Rwandan and Armenian genocides, when I had learned about the Holocaust maybe in 4th grade. Even then, we barely spent any time learning about them, and I hadn't been taught about those genocides since.

I think the Holocaust is taught so much because it affected most of the world in some way, whereas the Rwandan/Armenian genocides seemed to happen on "smaller scales" which simply means that too many people didn't hear about it, or it wasn't a big deal to most people around the world.

Considering that it led to WWII, which had more casualties than any other conflict in history (over 70 million), and happened less than a hundred years ago, it's probably still pretty fresh in the minds of the world.

PrinceofTHEATL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 PrinceofTHEATL
Member since 2007 • 386 Posts
[QUOTE="toxic_jackal"][QUOTE="pspdseagle"]

I find it pretty dumb.

Dracargen

Considering that it led to WWII, which had more casualties than any other conflict in history (over 70 million), and happened less than a hundred years ago, it's probably still pretty fresh in the minds of the world.

WWII was happening already before the Holocaust started, Hitler started the Holocaust because he got his a s s kicked in Russia

freshgman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 freshgman
Member since 2005 • 12241 Posts

[QUOTE="MattUD1"]This topic offends me in so many ways...DarkKar

I doubt you'd be offended if history was never taught.

this is OT. You were bound to be offended sometime

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84f3399aa1c
deactivated-5a84f3399aa1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 deactivated-5a84f3399aa1c
Member since 2005 • 6504 Posts

It happened. Deal with it. How about when you die, we wipe every record of your existance from the earth, you are just one person, after all. Why should we remember you?

Avatar image for RKfromDownunder
RKfromDownunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 RKfromDownunder
Member since 2007 • 1463 Posts

History is important.

I gather TC is one of those people who can't sit still in class and impulsively scratches his crotch in a desperate attempt to make time go faster?

Most of the people who can't find anything interesting in history are those kinds of people...