Why is naruto still going?

• 169 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#101 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

[QUOTE="BranKetra"]@Hexagon, now that I think about it, Naruto does have a lot of similarities to Hunter x Hunter. The way battles are thought out, the exams, the different grades and types of ninjas/hunters. There are other similarities, but those stick out the most.Hexagon_777

Don't forget the Akatsuki and how they are similar to the Phantom Troupe also known as the Spiders. Similar set up. Then there's Kurapika and his wiped out clan with their scarlet eyes...

This is true.
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"][QUOTE="BranKetra"]@Hexagon, now that I think about it, Naruto does have a lot of similarities to Hunter x Hunter. The way battles are thought out, the exams, the different grades and types of ninjas/hunters. There are other similarities, but those stick out the most.BranKetra
Don't forget the Akatsuki and how they are similar to the Phantom Troupe also known as the Spiders. Similar set up. Then there's Kurapika and his wiped out clan with their scarlet eyes...

This is true.

Bit uncanny how similar they are, no? ;)

So why did Naruto take off like crazy while Hunter x Hunter has a very loyal albeit much smaller following? :|

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 branketra

[QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]Don't forget the Akatsuki and how they are similar to the Phantom Troupe also known as the Spiders. Similar set up. Then there's Kurapika and his wiped out clan with their scarlet eyes...Hexagon_777

This is true.

Bit uncanny how similar they are, no? ;)

So why did Naruto take off like crazy while Hunter x Hunter has a very loyal albeit much smaller following? :|

Yeah.

I would say the story, ninjas, and Naruto's ambitions. Hunter X Hunter is good, but most people probably can'trelate to the main plot the way they do with Naruto.

soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#104 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

Sasuke Uchiha.

That's why.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 branketra

Sasuke Uchiha.

That's why.

soulless4now
He is interesting.
MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
[QUOTE="MgamerBD"]Cowboy Bebop is all I need in my life.Wilfred_Owen
An Samurai Champloo. I need'em both.

:oops: You know me so well. Also throw in Fooly Cooly
freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#107 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts
He hasn't thought of an ending yet.
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#108 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
[QUOTE="Wilfred_Owen"][QUOTE="MgamerBD"]Cowboy Bebop is all I need in my life.MgamerBD
An Samurai Champloo. I need'em both.

I dunno I couldn't get past episode 1 of FLCL. CB is badass though, and watching SC next. But, don't forget anime like Monster, NGE, Steins;Gate, Kara no Kyoukai, and Ghost in the Shell.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 branketra
[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"][QUOTE="MgamerBD"][QUOTE="Wilfred_Owen"] An Samurai Champloo. I need'em both.

I dunno I couldn't get past episode 1 of FLCL. CB is badass though, and watching SC next. But, don't forget anime like Monster, NGE, Steins;Gate, Kara no Kyoukai, and Ghost in the Shell.

NGE and GinS are too of the best. Funny, I still need to finish 2nd gig.
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 chessmaster1989
[QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="chessmaster1989"][QUOTE="MgamerBD"] :oops: You know me so well. Also throw in Fooly Cooly

I still need to watch SAC actually, I was talking about the Ghost in the Shell movies.
MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"][QUOTE="MgamerBD"][QUOTE="Wilfred_Owen"] An Samurai Champloo. I need'em both.

I just started getting into Ghost in the shell. Still have not even heard of the other two.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 branketra

[QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="chessmaster1989"] I dunno I couldn't get past episode 1 of FLCL. CB is badass though, and watching SC next. But, don't forget anime like Monster, NGE, Steins;Gate, Kara no Kyoukai, and Ghost in the Shell.chessmaster1989

I still need to watch SAC actually, I was talking about the Ghost in the Shell movies.

I like the show more than the movies because the series has heavy intellectual elements and the show is simply much longer. It's definitely worth watching.

chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 chessmaster1989

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"][QUOTE="MgamerBD"] :oops: You know me so well. Also throw in Fooly CoolyMgamerBD

I just started getting into Ghost in the shell. Still have not even heard of the other two.

Monster

Steins;Gate

Kara no Kyoukai

assuming you know what NGE is

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Hexagon_777

[QUOTE="MgamerBD"][QUOTE="chessmaster1989"] I dunno I couldn't get past episode 1 of FLCL. CB is badass though, and watching SC next. But, don't forget anime like Monster, NGE, Steins;Gate, Kara no Kyoukai, and Ghost in the Shell.chessmaster1989

Monster

Steins;Gate

Kara no Kyoukai

Watched Steins;Gate. Loved it. Brilliant stuff. Really wanna check out Monster after clicking your link but Crunchyroll doesn't have it yet. :(

fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"]

[QUOTE="MgamerBD"] I just started getting into Ghost in the shell. Still have not even heard of the other two.Hexagon_777

Monster

Steins;Gate

Kara no Kyoukai

Watched Steins;Gate. Loved it. Brilliant stuff. Really wanna check out Monster after clicking your link but Crunchyroll doesn't have it yet. :(

Hulu does as well as youtube has it is on the official shows thing

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Hexagon_777

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"]

Monster

Steins;Gate

Kara no Kyoukai

fueled-system

Hulu is only available in the US. Mot sure how I would find it on YouTube.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"]

Shonen jump suffereing a lot. I remember eagerly waiting for each magazine every month, now it's only digital. I don't watch anime, too slow and too much filler. Naruto got stale fast. Bleach was THE BEST for a short while until after about volume 20. 20-30-whatever are boring as hell and the story never progresses One peice is still good, but they released like 25 volumes at once and I lost track a few years ago. Going to re read all of them one day. With tokypop out, could shonen jump follow? Manga seems to be on a horrible decline recently.

Hexagon_777

Are those Japanese pub;lishers or American publishers?

He is referring to the American publishers that translate manga for the US, Canada, UK. TokyoPop went out of business last year and it was one of those "too big too fail" manga publishers. Viz is the publisher for all the Shonen Jump manga in the west, I don't see them sharing the same fate as Tokyopop. They've made better business decisions as a whole in comparison to Tokyopop, ADVmanga, and other failed publishers.

Never seen it. The only never-ending series I'd ever check out is One Piece.Just-Breathe
I say go for it. I love One Piece.... :D

SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#118 SirWander
Member since 2009 • 5176 Posts

Sasuke Uchiha.

That's why.

soulless4now

So he's to blame for this never-ending mediocrity?

I haven't read the manga for about 2 years, but I shouldn't be surprised that it's still going on.

fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

[QUOTE="fueled-system"]

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]Watched Steins;Gate. Loved it. Brilliant stuff. Really wanna check out Monster after clicking your link but Crunchyroll doesn't have it yet. :(

Hexagon_777

http://www.youtube.com/show/monster?feature=sh_ac_show_3_9

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

I used to watch it, after the break the took for shuppuden I never have had the chance to get back into it, at this point its kinda late and would take forever. However, one thing everone should appreciate is the Gaara arc, best charecter in the entire series.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

[QUOTE="soulless4now"]

Sasuke Uchiha.

That's why.

SirWander

I haven't read the manga for about 2 years, but I shouldn't be surprised that it's still going on.

Last I remeber from it, everone was whining about Saskue, and Sakura and her feaking obession with him and disbelif that Naruto could do anthing....even after the Chunin exam arc...actauly I really just don;t like Sakura.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Hexagon_777

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]

[QUOTE="fueled-system"]Hulu does as well as youtube has it is on the official shows thing

fueled-system

http://www.youtube.com/show/monster?feature=sh_ac_show_3_9

"

This video is unavailable The uploader has not made this video available in your country. Sorry about that.

" = What a **** I don't mind utilizing illegal ways to get access to the content now. YouTube will still get my advertising revenue, I am sure.

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#123 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
Money. They will milk that cow for as long as they can
soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 soulless4now

[QUOTE="soulless4now"]

Sasuke Uchiha.

That's why.

SirWander

In a way you could say so since Naruto made it his mission to "save" Sasuke and bring him back to the Leaf village.
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Hexagon_777
OMG! That hot Hyuga babe Hinata finally confessed her love to Naruto right after coming to rescue him! The whole damn thing was so bloody romantic. She sacrificed herself by taking on Pain. I actually started sobbing and had a tear or two roll down my handsome face. FFS. : :(
DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 DrTrafalgarLaw
Member since 2011 • 4487 Posts
[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]OMG! That hot Hyuga babe Hinata finally confessed her love to Naruto right after coming to rescue him! The whole damn thing was so bloody romantic. She sacrificed herself by taking on Pain. I actually started sobbing and had a tear or two roll down my handsome face. FFS. : :(

Yeah her death shall be remembered, unlike the crybaby sakura.
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#127 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts

I don't know why it started in the first place.

soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 soulless4now
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]OMG! That hot Hyuga babe Hinata finally confessed her love to Naruto right after coming to rescue him! The whole damn thing was so bloody romantic. She sacrificed herself by taking on Pain. I actually started sobbing and had a tear or two roll down my handsome face. FFS. : :(

She's not dead....
FMAB_GTO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 FMAB_GTO
Member since 2010 • 14385 Posts
Tragalgar Law kills [spoiler] 4 of the strawhats [/spoiler] . **** got real.DrTrafalgarLaw
No he didn't,and and assuming he did you shouldn't post it on a forums,some people will die if they clicked that spoiler! :o
-Water-Wings-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 -Water-Wings-
Member since 2006 • 1099 Posts

No clue. Never seen it. I played a demo for the xbox 360 and I was weirded out when a character poked the guy in the butt and he went flying..

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#131 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

I can't even believe anyone still watches it

I skipped like at least three seasons of the original series because it was going nowhere and went straight to Shippuden.. it renewed hope for me because it seemed like there where interesting things starting to happen.. Seemed like they were finally progressing the plot because of the teaser flashforward of them meeting Sasuke and all that..

THEN.. 50 episodes.. FIFTY EPISODES LATER... you finally get to where the flashfoward was.. Only for Sasuke to say "Well Im really strong now Naruto, don't make me kill you, See you later"

and then he disappears.. And then Naruto says "WELL LOOKS LIKE ITS BACK TO SQUARE ONE LOOKING FOR SASUKE..." I RAGED. SO HARD. I MEAN. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? SERIOUSLY?!?!

Not that I even CARE about him at this point.. DO SOMETHING WITH THE STORY.. FOR GODS SAKES.. Finding Sasuke was THE ONLY THING that was even happening.. And they make no progress there ever. No idea whats going on now, don't even care.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#132 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

I won't deny that 99% of all the fillers suck hard and the main character is lame and boring(I don't like him) but it has a cool story(could be better but it's not so bad), cool characters(most of them anyway) and cool powers. That's why so many people still like it. If you don't like it that cool, everyone has a different taste. But I like it. Besides the manga is at the best part now and the anime is slowly getting there. Ending it now would be terrible.

EDIT: I forgot about all those flashbacks. Omg I hate them so much. Sometimes they would last a whole episode. They almost drove me insane. >_>
Especially those flashbacks about Sakura crying for the millionth begging Naruto to get Sasuke back. I hate Sakura.

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 DrTrafalgarLaw

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"]Trafalgar Law kills [spoiler] 4 of the strawhats [/spoiler] **** got real.FMAB_GTO
No he didn't,and and assuming he did you shouldn't post it on a forums,some people will die if they clicked that spoiler! :o

I know...but it was pretty damn close...Trafalgar Law could have [spoiler] ripped their hearts out [/spoiler]

Just-Breathe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Just-Breathe
Member since 2011 • 3130 Posts
I'm reading the manga right now TC How does that make you feel?
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Hexagon_777

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]OMG! That hot Hyuga babe Hinata finally confessed her love to Naruto right after coming to rescue him! The whole damn thing was so bloody romantic. She sacrificed herself by taking on Pain. I actually started sobbing and had a tear or two roll down my handsome face. FFS. : :(DrTrafalgarLaw

WTF she's dead? For good? **** Kishimoto. What a ****. Jiraiya, Kakashi, S h i z u n e, over half of the Akatsuki, everybody is dropping like flies on poo.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Hexagon_777

I skipped like at least three seasons of the original series because it was going nowhere and went straight to Shippuden.. it renewed hope for me because it seemed like there where interesting things starting to happen.. Seemed like they were finally progressing the plot because of the teaser flashforward of them meeting Sasuke and all that..

THEN.. 50 episodes.. FIFTY EPISODES LATER... you finally get to where the flashfoward was.. Only for Sasuke to say "Well Im really strong now Naruto, don't make me kill you, See you later"

and then he disappears.. And then Naruto says "WELL LOOKS LIKE ITS BACK TO SQUARE ONE LOOKING FOR SASUKE..." I RAGED. SO HARD. I MEAN. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? SERIOUSLY?!?!

Not that I even CARE about him at this point.. DO SOMETHING WITH THE STORY.. FOR GODS SAKES.. Finding Sasuke was THE ONLY THING that was even happening.. And they make no progress there ever. No idea whats going on now, don't even care.

VendettaRed07

Oh, they did something with the story alright. After all that Orochimaru bullpoo, the Akatsuki finally made an appearance again...And boy, is it good.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Hexagon_777

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]OMG! That hot Hyuga babe Hinata finally confessed her love to Naruto right after coming to rescue him! The whole damn thing was so bloody romantic. She sacrificed herself by taking on Pain. I actually started sobbing and had a tear or two roll down my handsome face. FFS. : :(soulless4now

She's not dead....

Thank Frodo. If she died and Sakura was allowed to contiue living, I'd be well and proper pissed.

soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 soulless4now

VendettaRed07
Bad thing about anime is all the fillers, but if you read the manga you can bypass that since it's at a rather good place right now.
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Hexagon_777

[QUOTE="VendettaRed07"]

soulless4now

Bad thing about anime is all the fillers, but if you read the manga you can bypass that since it's at a rather good place right now.

I just go on the Naruto Wiki and skip all that filler crap. Easy.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 branketra
^ Yeah but what about the action?
Avatar image for deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
Member since 2009 • 7779 Posts

No idea, it should have ended before it even started, just like MLP.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Hexagon_777

^ Yeah but what about the action? BranKetra
The action? I watch it in 720p on Crunchyroll and the animation in the fights is so smooth, I skip back all the time just to see particular scenes again. Good stuff. Kakashi/Shikamaru/Kakuzu/Hidan, Sasuke/Deidara, Sasuke/Itachi, Jiraiya/Pain, Pain/Everybody, and so on. Beautiful stuff.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Hexagon_777

[QUOTE="BranKetra"]^ Yeah but what about the action? Hexagon_777

The action? I watch it in 720p on Crunchyroll and the animation in the fights is so smooth, I skip back all the time just to see particular scenes again. Good stuff. Kakashi/Shikamaru/Kakuzu/Hidan, Sasuke/Deidara, Sasuke/Itachi, Jiraiya/Pain, Pain/Everybody, and so on. Beautiful stuff.

It's not even just the fights. Some scenes are animated very nicely, such as Shikamaru crying or Hinata entering the scene. I like it.
DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 DrTrafalgarLaw

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]OMG! That hot Hyuga babe Hinata finally confessed her love to Naruto right after coming to rescue him! The whole damn thing was so bloody romantic. She sacrificed herself by taking on Pain. I actually started sobbing and had a tear or two roll down my handsome face. FFS. : :(Hexagon_777

WTF she's dead? For good? **** Kishimoto. What a ****. Jiraiya, Kakashi, S h i z u n e, over half of the Akatsuki, everybody is dropping like flies on poo.

Just kidding man. I for one think Hinata is much more useful but still...Pain killed freaking [spoiler] Jiraiya [/spoiler] but could not kill Hinata? Wat.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 branketra
[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]

[QUOTE="BranKetra"]^ Yeah but what about the action? Hexagon_777

It's not even just the fights. Some scenes are animated very nicely, such as Shikamaru crying or Hinata entering the scene. I like it.

I was wondering if you just read the summaries because you would be missing out if you did. Guess not.
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Hexagon_777

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] Yeah her death shall be remembered, unlike the crybaby sakura.DrTrafalgarLaw

Just kidding man. I for one think Hinata is much more useful but still...Pain killed freaking [spoiler] Jiraiya [/spoiler] but could not kill Hinata? Wat.

[spoiler] Do not keed when Hinata is in question. If she had past away with Sakura being allowed to live...Oh boy. D: And dude, Jiraiya had already lost an entire arm, was pulling off big jutsus, had his shoulder impaled, then had numerous metal rods stuck through his back, and was about to do something Pain REALLY didn't want him to do. I don't think Pain was too focused on killing Hinata, and anyway, Nagato was ailing. [/spoiler]

the_plan_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 the_plan_man
Member since 2011 • 1664 Posts
Why are any of those shows stilll going/ have ever gone? They're all the worst. It's pretty much the Avenged Sevenfold of entertainment.
Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Yangire
Member since 2010 • 8795 Posts

It's popular and it makes money, I don't see why this needed a thread.

TheNewEraIcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#150 TheNewEraIcon
Member since 2009 • 12196 Posts

Is the anime still going on? I knew the manga was but thats been drawn out for ages. Anyways for whatever reason its a hit so it's their big cash cow

Same reason Pokemon is still going