What Do You Think The Bible Is?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

J-man45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 0

#201 J-man45
Member since 2008 • 11043 Posts

HAHAHAHAHAHA i laugh at all the hardcore people.....the "holy" bible is a book written just like every other book book....the only reason it is special is because the people who wrote it needed something to fall on.....all religion is what makes you comfortable with your life...i am a satanist which is in fact an official religion and we condemo the judeo christian society for being decietful and holding lucifer as responsidble for all problems....now i personally dont care abotu your religion or what makes you happy but being continously bashed in the face with the "perfect" chiristian ideals from the book is absurd...the book is filled with laws that itself breaks...and tells you to refuse your inner beast and hold back the things that makes us man...so i say it deserves a place right next to the book of mormon in my burn barrel outside providing burn material for my fire....

dragonzomb

If you do not believe in it, then you can kindly say so. The reason it is holy because the words were inspired by God. He told the writers of the book what to write, otherwise it would be just like every other book.

If you don't care about my religion and what makes me happy, then I suggest you don't post at all.

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 blackregiment
Member since 2007 • 11937 Posts

HAHAHAHAHAHA i laugh at all the hardcore people.....the "holy" bible is a book written just like every other book book....the only reason it is special is because the people who wrote it needed something to fall on.....all religion is what makes you comfortable with your life...i am a satanist which is in fact an official religion and we condemo the judeo christian society for being decietful and holding lucifer as responsidble for all problems....now i personally dont care abotu your religion or what makes you happy but being continously bashed in the face with the "perfect" chiristian ideals from the book is absurd...the book is filled with laws that itself breaks...and tells you to refuse your inner beast and hold back the things that makes us man...so i say it deserves a place right next to the book of mormon in my burn barrel outside providing burn material for my fire....

dragonzomb

I am really sorry that you feel the way you do. Followers of Christ share the Gospel our of love and concern for our fellow man. Our responsibility to the Lord is to share the Gospel with unbelievers. They are free to do with it what they choose. The Words of Scripture we share are not ours, they are the inerrant, inspired, preserved Words of the Lord. We mean you no harm, we are just sharing the good news of the Gospel of salvation in Christ. While you may "laugh" at and mock followers of Christ, we will pray for you. Here are some words from the Bible...

We expect to be persecuted for our beliefs. You may think it funny but we consider it a blessing, as the Bible tells us.

Pe 3:14But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy areye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;

1Pe 3:15But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

1Pe 3:16Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

The Bible teaches that in astate of rebellion and unbelief you will not be able to understand the Bible. Only in faith and with the guidance of the Holy Spirit will one be able to understand God's truth.

Joh 8:47He that isofGodhearethGod'swords:yethereforehearthemnot,becauseyearenotofGod.

Co 4:3But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

2Co 4:4In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

2Co 4:5For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

2Co 4:6For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Isa 44:18They have not known nor understood: for he hath shut their eyes, that they cannot see; and their hearts, that they cannot understand.

Rom 1:18For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Rom 1:19Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath showed it unto them.

Rom 1:20For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Rom 1:21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Rom 1:22Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Rom 1:23And changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Rom 1:24Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves:

Rom 1:25Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshiped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

God loves you even if you choose to rebel against Him. He does not want to be separated from you.

2Pe 3:9The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

1Ti 2:3For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior;

1Ti 2:4Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

1Ti 2:5For thereis one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

1Ti 2:6Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Eze 33:11Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

Eze 33:12Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth.

Eze 33:13When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it.

Eze 33:14Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right;

Eze 33:15If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die.

Eze 33:16None of his sins that he hath committed shall be mentioned unto him: he hath done that which is lawful and right; he shall surely live.

Rom 10:8But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Rom 10:9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

I pray that the Holy Spirit will work in your heart to lead you to Christ.

dragonzomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#203 dragonzomb
Member since 2003 • 80 Posts

1. the inner beast yes does in factexist your urges and desires are proof of that.....

Im glad you could share all those quotes from the bible, but your god is depicted like any protagonistic aid in book. He starts out cruel and merciless to even some of his followers..but yet turns rightous and aids all mankind...go figure.....if indeed his true goal is the well being of society and your job is to follow him till death and make yourself as pure and sinfree as possible why is it things are the way they are today eh? Teenagers die in car accidents after being hit by drunk drivers who gain parole or get off in later years.....you took a life to break an acoholic of his passon congradulations i appluade your heroism.

But im not ignorant of the things you say i dont base my ideas on just pure thought ive been where you are and i've seen what you feel in other people im just telling you to be more open minded to that whihc you devote your entire existance to...

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
myths and legends
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 markop2003
[QUOTE="dragonzomb"]

J-man45

If you do not believe in it, then you can kindly say so. The reason it is holy because the words were inspired by God. He told the writers of the book what to write, otherwise it would be just like every other book.

If you don't care about my religion and what makes me happy, then I suggest you don't post at all.

he juast has a different opinion from you and can post it as much as he likes,

anyway proove it was written under the narration of god, if you cannot then don't state it as fact that it is

Avatar image for deactivated-5a79221380856
deactivated-5a79221380856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 deactivated-5a79221380856
Member since 2007 • 13125 Posts

I think the Bible is a coaster.

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 markop2003

[QUOTE="ElectronicMagic"][QUOTE="blackregiment"]As I stated, my opinon on the age of the earth is irrelevant to this discussion which is on the truth of the Bible.

I have no problem defending my opinion on the age of the earth but that is not the topic of discussion here.

blackregiment

If I made a thread asking this exact question will you post your opinion in it? Is that all that is bothering you? The fact that it's not on topic? It's just a simple question.

Rather than worrying yourself about my opinion on the age of the earth, jump in the discussion of the Bible. You hve basically said that is good for nothing other than tinder in a fireplace.

Why don't you give us your evidence and proof that it is not the Word of God.

You have to proove god exists first, you prove something is before you argue that it isn't

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts
[QUOTE="J-man45"][QUOTE="dragonzomb"]

markop2003

anyway proove it was written under the narration of god, if you cannot then don't state it as fact that it is

http://www.eternal-productions.org/101science.htmlhttp://www.100prophecies.org/It's not proof since there's no such thing as proof outside of math. But it shows that the bible had intellegence that man couldn't have had at that time.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#209 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
A book of myths, legends and moral symbolism. Like any other religious text.
Bloodbath_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Bloodbath_87
Member since 2008 • 7586 Posts
A book of myths and legends.
blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 blackregiment

1. the inner beast yes does in factexist your urges and desires are proof of that.....

Im glad you could share all those quotes from the bible, but your god is depicted like any protagonistic aid in book. He starts out cruel and merciless to even some of his followers..but yet turns rightous and aids all mankind...go figure.....if indeed his true goal is the well being of society and your job is to follow him till death and make yourself as pure and sinfree as possible why is it things are the way they are today eh? Teenagers die in car accidents after being hit by drunk drivers who gain parole or get off in later years.....you took a life to break an acoholic of his passon congradulations i appluade your heroism.

But im not ignorant of the things you say i dont base my ideas on just pure thought ive been where you are and i've seen what you feel in other people im just telling you to be more open minded to that whihc you devote your entire existance to...

dragonzomb

I must say your post was a bit rambling. You are trying to blame God for what sinful man does? God created man with a free will. When one chooses disobedience to God and sins as in you drunk driver example, that is not God's fault. that is the guy you worship, Satan's fault. In the garden of Eden Satan deceived Adam and and Eve into sin and a fall.

God is our Creator. He did not create robots. He gave man a free will to choose righteousness or sin. He is not going to force Himself on you. As our Creator, God owes us nothing. He is holy and just and cannot allow sin into His presence. He would be perfectly justified to destroy His entire creation at any time. It is out of love that He provided a path to eternal life in Jesus Christ. I am sorry to inform you that you do not make the rules. God does. The creation is not greater than the Creator.

You are free to reject His plan of salvation if you choose and God will reluctantly give you the consequences of your choice.

Why do you think that a God you mock and reject owes you anything more than the life he gave you? Using your logic, a girl should love you and care for you even if you reject her, mistreat her, and mock her.

Your logic is contradictory.

You better think about this, eternity is a long time.

J-man45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 J-man45
[QUOTE="J-man45"][QUOTE="dragonzomb"]

markop2003

He can state his opinion. It is wrong, however, to mock the believers of the Christian faith.

You want proof that it is inspired by God? Try reading one chapter of the Bible. Do you really think that man could have made it all up, without any counseling or inspiration from someone else?

hamstergeddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 hamstergeddon
Member since 2006 • 7188 Posts
For me both option 2 and 4
lobodob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 lobodob
Member since 2004 • 2584 Posts

Allow me to recount the tale of the Bible:

First there was a god, and another god, and they were like "hey wanna hook up?" at the same time and they both said "whoa! thats what I was thinking!" and they were both very impressed. 9 months later they had 6 billion babies, but at some point they lost count so they just split them into two groups and called one adam and one eve. Then they realized that they weren't even married yet :o Their parents were very upset.

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 blackregiment

A book of myths and legends.Bloodbath_87

No offense but at least your opinion is consistent with the word in your sig picture.

2Co 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

Luk 19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

I doesn't have to be that way.

J-man45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 J-man45

First there was a god, and another god, and they were like "hey wanna hook up?" at the same time and they both said "whoa! thats what I was thinking!" and they were both very impressed. 9 months later they had 6 billion babies, but at some point they lost count so they just split them into two groups and called one adam and one eve. Then they realized that they weren't even married yet :o Their parents were very upset.

lobodob

So. What is the point you are trying to make?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 deactivated-5a79221380856

[QUOTE="Bloodbath_87"]A book of myths and legends.blackregiment

No offense but at least your opinion is consistent with the word in your sig picture.

Surely I don't have to point out the obvious that his signature is about the show LOST and has nothing to do with his beliefs. :roll:

lobodob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 lobodob
[QUOTE="lobodob"]

J-man45

Who said there was a point?

Don't make babies until your married? Procreationism is better than creationism? I dont care...

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 blackregiment

You may think that mocking God is cutsie but you might want to consider this....

Gal 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Ecc 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
Ecc 12:14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

J-man45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 J-man45
[QUOTE="J-man45"][QUOTE="lobodob"]

lobodob

Don't make babies until your married? Procreationism is better than creationism? I dont care...

If you post in this topic it's a good idea to have a point.

btw, your "story" is completely false.

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 blackregiment
[QUOTE="blackregiment"]

[QUOTE="Bloodbath_87"]A book of myths and legends.Genetic_Code

Surely I don't have to point out the obvious that his signature is about the show LOST and has nothing to do with his beliefs. :roll:

Surely I don't have to point out the obvious that based on his opinion of the Bible the word Lost has everything to do with his beliefs.

lobodob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 lobodob
[QUOTE="lobodob"][QUOTE="J-man45"][QUOTE="lobodob"]

J-man45

How dare you call my priceless and age-old literature false!:o

MFaraz_Hayat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 MFaraz_Hayat
Member since 2006 • 1794 Posts
Being a muslim, I beleive that Bible was God's word. However it got corrupted by human writings, which were added to it.
MFaraz_Hayat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 MFaraz_Hayat
Member since 2006 • 1794 Posts
[QUOTE="J-man45"][QUOTE="lobodob"][QUOTE="J-man45"][QUOTE="lobodob"]

lobodob

huh??? The story is false. It is not present in the Bible, as you have claimed.

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Crushmaster
Member since 2008 • 4324 Posts
[QUOTE="J-man45"][QUOTE="lobodob"][QUOTE="J-man45"][QUOTE="lobodob"]

lobodob

Because it is. There's no story in the Bible even remotely similar to yours.
lobodob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 lobodob
[QUOTE="lobodob"][QUOTE="J-man45"][QUOTE="lobodob"][QUOTE="J-man45"][QUOTE="lobodob"]

MFaraz_Hayat

I didnt say it was in the bible...I said it was the story of the bible... and its completely true.
blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 blackregiment
[QUOTE="markop2003"][QUOTE="J-man45"][QUOTE="dragonzomb"]

J-man45

He can state his opinion. It is wrong, however, to mock the believers of the Christian faith.

You want proof that it is inspired by God? Try reading one chapter of the Bible. Do you really think that man could have made it all up, without any counseling or inspiration from someone else?

You are correct. The Bible is composed of 66 separate books, written over approximately 1,600 years, by at least 40 distinct authors, from all walks of life, written in three different languages, on three different continents, all in perfect agreement and consistent. The Old Testament contains 39 books written from approximately 1500 to 400 BC, and the New Testament contains 27 books written from approximately 40 to 65 AD.

There is no other book that has ever come close to this remarkable achievement and wisdom. Anyone that reads and studies it and cannot see the inspiration and work of God in the Bible just doesn't want to. Try getting 40 people on a thread to agree on something and it will be clear that the Biuble is God's inspired, inerrant, and preserved Word.

Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Pro 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Isa 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
Isa 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Rom 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!
Rom 11:34 For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counselor?
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts
[QUOTE="MFaraz_Hayat"][QUOTE="lobodob"][QUOTE="J-man45"][QUOTE="lobodob"][QUOTE="J-man45"][QUOTE="lobodob"]

lobodob

I didnt say it was in the bible...I said it was the story of the bible... and its completely true.

*nods slowly in a non-agreeing and sarcastic fashion*

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Crushmaster
Member since 2008 • 4324 Posts
[QUOTE="MFaraz_Hayat"][QUOTE="lobodob"][QUOTE="J-man45"][QUOTE="lobodob"][QUOTE="J-man45"][QUOTE="lobodob"]

lobodob

The Bible is completely true. Your story - which isn't in the Bible, nor is it the story of it - is completely false.
J-man45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 J-man45

Being a muslim, I beleive that Bible was God's word. However it got corrupted by human writings, which were added to it.MFaraz_Hayat

I respect your opinion, but how was it corrupted? Could you give me some examples?

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 blackregiment

lobodob

No offense intended but you are embarassing yourself by putting your lack of knowledge on display. I don't like to see anyone do that to themself.

lobodob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 lobodob
[QUOTE="lobodob"][QUOTE="MFaraz_Hayat"][QUOTE="lobodob"][QUOTE="J-man45"][QUOTE="lobodob"][QUOTE="J-man45"][QUOTE="lobodob"]

Crushmaster

The Bible is completely true. Your story - which isn't in the Bible, nor is it the story of it - is completely false.

Dammit, if you guys aren't going to lighten up, Im going to cry.
lobodob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 lobodob
[QUOTE="lobodob"][QUOTE="MFaraz_Hayat"][QUOTE="lobodob"][QUOTE="J-man45"][QUOTE="lobodob"][QUOTE="J-man45"][QUOTE="lobodob"]

blackregiment

No offense intended but you are embarassing yourself by putting your lack of knowledge on display. I don't like to see anyone do that to themself.

look at what happens when i try to bring levity to a conversation...
J-man45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 J-man45
[QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="lobodob"][QUOTE="MFaraz_Hayat"][QUOTE="lobodob"][QUOTE="J-man45"][QUOTE="lobodob"][QUOTE="J-man45"][QUOTE="lobodob"]

lobodob

I already cry when I see people turned away from God.

lobodob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 lobodob
[QUOTE="lobodob"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="lobodob"][QUOTE="MFaraz_Hayat"][QUOTE="lobodob"][QUOTE="J-man45"][QUOTE="lobodob"][QUOTE="J-man45"][QUOTE="lobodob"]

J-man45

I already cry when I see people turned away from God.

Hugs?
J-man45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 J-man45

I'm fine thank you.

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 blackregiment

look at what happens when i try to bring levity to a conversation...lobodob

Now you are playing the victim. Mocking God and His Word is not "levity", it is blaspheme and sin. I will not stand silently by and watch you do this.

Isa 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
lobodob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 lobodob

[QUOTE="lobodob"]

look at what happens when i try to bring levity to a conversation...blackregiment

Now you are playing the victim. Mocking God and His Word is not "levity", it is blaspheme and sin. I will not stand silently by and watch you do this.

Im sorry, but it just seemed like you thought I was being serious for a moment there.
J-man45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 J-man45
[QUOTE="blackregiment"]

[QUOTE="lobodob"]

Im sorry, but it just seemed like you thought I was being serious for a moment there.

If you're not being serious then feel free to find something better to do with your time.

Avatar image for ChicaQueenWarGa
ChicaQueenWarGa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#240 ChicaQueenWarGa
Member since 2006 • 3360 Posts
A fictional book created by a group of writers who had nothing else to do.
blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 blackregiment
[QUOTE="blackregiment"]

[QUOTE="lobodob"]

It does not matter what you claim your intentions were. Mocking is mocking and that is what you did. You need to ask the Lord for forgiveness.

lobodob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 lobodob
[QUOTE="lobodob"][QUOTE="blackregiment"]

[QUOTE="lobodob"]

look at what happens when i try to bring levity to a conversation...J-man45

If you're not being serious then feel free to find something better to do with your time.

I would like to say however, that I find the idea of two gods infinitely more believable than the idea of one god creating everything.
blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 blackregiment
[QUOTE="J-man45"][QUOTE="lobodob"][QUOTE="blackregiment"]

[QUOTE="lobodob"]

I would like to say however, that I find the idea of two gods infinitely more believable than the idea of one god creating everything.

Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Jam 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
Jam 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
Jam 1:7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
Jam 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 deactivated-5a79221380856
[QUOTE="J-man45"]He can state his opinion. It is wrong, however, to mock the believers of the Christian faith.

blackregiment

You are correct. The Bible is composed of 66 separate books, written over approximately 1,600 years, by at least 40 distinct authors, from all walks of life, written in three different languages, on three different continents, all in perfect agreement and consistent. The Old Testament contains 39 books written from approximately 1500 to 400 BC, and the New Testament contains 27 books written from approximately 40 to 65 AD.

There is no other book that has ever come close to this remarkable achievement and wisdom. Anyone that reads and studies it and cannot see the inspiration and work of God in the Bible just doesn't want to. Try getting 40 people on a thread to agree on something and it will be clear that the Biuble is God's inspired, inerrant, and preserved Word

I read the entire Bible to become a better Christian. I did not expect to become an atheist within a week after completing it. I didn't become one because I didn't want to see the inspiration and work of God in the Bible. To this day, I still want to seek the inspiration and work of any higher force, whether it be the Judeo-Christian God or a Flying Spaghetti Monster if either one exists. I approached the Bible with a pro-Christian bias to the point where I connected dots just to "prove" to myself there was a God, but then I realized that I was trying to blend too much with what I know and what I want to know. But I still don't have proof that either one exist, outside the text within the Bible, which to me is just text that mix fact with exaggerations. If we had the media we do today, we wouldn't believe in Jesus's miracles, in my opinion.

That said I have nothing wrong with believing in Christianity, although I do not like it when people try to argue against non-Christians by using the Bible as a reference. It's a very ineffective way to convert people, in my opinion.

SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 SilentSoprano
Member since 2007 • 4446 Posts
When you think about it, how the hell can someone make up a book that long and detailed? I believe it's God's Word.
blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 blackregiment

There are over 3200 fulfilled prophecies in the Bible. Name even one other book that comes close with even a fraction of that.

You can't.

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 blackregiment
[QUOTE="blackregiment"][QUOTE="J-man45"]He can state his opinion. It is wrong, however, to mock the believers of the Christian faith.

Genetic_Code

There is no other book that has ever come close to this remarkable achievement and wisdom. Anyone that reads and studies it and cannot see the inspiration and work of God in the Bible just doesn't want to. Try getting 40 people on a thread to agree on something and it will be clear that the Biuble is God's inspired, inerrant, and preserved Word

I read the entire Bible to become a better Christian. I did not expect to become an atheist within a week after completing it. I didn't become one because I didn't want to see the inspiration and work of God in the Bible. To this day, I still want to seek the inspiration and work of any higher force, whether it be the Judeo-Christian God or a Flying Spaghetti Monster if either one exists. I approached the Bible with a pro-Christian bias to the point where I connected dots just to "prove" to myself there was a God, but then I realized that I was trying to blend too much with what I know and what I want to know. But I still don't have proof that either one exist, outside the text within the Bible, which to me is just text that mix fact with exaggerations. If we had the media we do today, we wouldn't believe in Jesus's miracles, in my opinion.

That said I have nothing wrong with believing in Christianity, although I do not like it when people try to argue against non-Christians by using the Bible as a reference. It's a very ineffective way to convert people, in my opinion.

No disrespect meant but if you are an atheist as your post suggests, then you opinion on how a Christian uses the Bible is of no value.

Gal 1:10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

Reading the Bible without true faith and the guidance of the Holy Spirit to reveal God's truth is not the answer. if you, in sincerity and faith, ask God to reveal Himself to you in His Word and guide you to the truth, He will be faithful in doing that.

Jam 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
Jam 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
Jam 1:7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
Jam 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

There are over 3200 fulfilled prophecies in the Bible. Name even one other book that comes close with even a fraction of that.

You can't.

blackregiment

Name them.

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 blackregiment

Well, I must go fo now. See you later and God bless everyone.

Mat 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
Mat 7:8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#250 Dariency
Member since 2003 • 9464 Posts

God bless everyone.blackregiment

That can't happen since you believe some of us here are going to hell.