We aren't afraid of g@ys we are pro traditional marriage

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 Philokalia
Member since 2012 • 2910 Posts

Your confusing your specific idea of Christianity with Christianity as a whole.

toast_burner

Christianity as a whole rejects Homosexual marraige and those that support it are going against aposotlic tradition, the bible and every other possible authority the Christian has. This is a recent innovation and thus cannot be treated as Christian. Its like suggesting Chrislam is Christian.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

Seriously this topic isn't even interesting. Who the fvck cares if gays are getting married or not? Who the fvck???

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="fidosim"] I'm sorry, but it simply is. When people enter into a marriage, they are agreeing to only have sex with their partner for the rest of their lives. It is a means of regulating sexual conduct, and thus, the production of children. fidosim

Sorry, but insisting that a thing is so does not make it so.

:lol: Ok then.

The sky is green. Sorry but it simply is.

Moriarity_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 Moriarity_
Member since 2011 • 1332 Posts

As this is such a controversial topic I'll simply quote someone who can articulate the thoughts I have with better accuracy:

It is wise that our laws define marriage as between a man and a woman.

This is not because homosexual practice or same-sex relationships should be legally stopped. Rather, it?s because they should not be legally sanctioned. The issue is not whether same-sex unions are permitted, but whether they are institutionalized. The issue is not whether we tolerate same-sex relationships, but whether we build on them as a foundation for society. The issue is not whether we forbid a particular sin, but whether we mandate social approval of that sin. The issue is not whether we block a sinful behavior, but whether we imbed it in our laws.

I am not making a case for the legal prosecution of homosexual practice. Nor would I advocate the legal prosecution of heterosexual fornication. But I would make a case against the institutionalization of fornication, or making it a building block of society, or mandating its approval, or imbedding it in our laws. It is one thing to tolerate sin. It is another to build society on it.

mindstorm

I would say at least let them have civil unions so they can recieve the financial benefits that other people recieve through marriage otherwise you're just limiting the rights of people for being homesexual/bisexual.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
You can produce more children by fornicating with everything in sight, but that doesn't change the purpose of marriage. fidosim
What's the purpose of marriage? Are you married?
fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#206 fidosim
Member since 2003 • 12901 Posts

In your opinion. Teenaged
:lol: It's not just my opinion. Marriage as a child-rearing institution goes back millennia. The idea of "marrying" someone because you've fallen in love with them is a relatively new construct.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#207 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

Just because you say the purpose of marriage is to produce children doesn't make it so.

fidosim

I'm sorry, but it simply is. When people enter into a marriage, they are agreeing to only have sex with their partner for the rest of their lives. It is a means of regulating sexual conduct, and thus, the production of children.

As far as I know, a cheated spouse will get mad whether their other half (got) impregnated while cheating on them or not.

You are trying to somehow portray your views on marriage as a valid interpretation of how couples actually "work" but the fact that it isnt a valid interpretation shows how it is actually an attempt to define the purpose of marriage regardless of societal norms that have affected it over the centuries.

Short version, dont try and present your opinion as something we can clearly see around us.

Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 Philokalia

2yp0z8x.jpg

>MLK likes this

[spoiler] Seriously, I got Letter from a Birmingham Jail memorized because had to give a lecture on it [/spoiler]

THE_DRUGGIE

Given that he was a baptist and bible believing Christian, he probably didn't like homosexuality.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#209 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
[QUOTE="l4dak47"][QUOTE="SolidSnake35"][QUOTE="l4dak47"] lol. god you people are dumb as fvck.

That's rude, sir.

You, too. Master's in philosophy, my ass.

Hahaha. Alrighty then.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Seriously this topic isn't even interesting. Who the fvck cares if gays are getting married or not? Who the fvck???

themajormayor

We've had gay marriage in Canada since 2005 and no one even cared back then.

Canada > USA

l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 l4dak47
Member since 2009 • 6838 Posts

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

Your confusing your specific idea of Christianity with Christianity as a whole.

Philokalia

Christianity as a whole rejects Homosexual marraige and those that support it are going against aposotlic tradition, the bible and every other possible authority the Christian has. This is a recent innovation and thus cannot be treated as Christian. Its like suggesting Chrislam is Christian.

Who the fvck cares. only stupid closeted homosexual people with small penises would even oppose gay marriage.
fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 fidosim
[QUOTE="fidosim"]You can produce more children by fornicating with everything in sight, but that doesn't change the purpose of marriage. Jandurin

Marriage, as i've said, is a compact between a man and a woman to regulate their sexual conduct, i.e. they are agreeing to produce children together, and to raise said children.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#213 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="mindstorm"] One can say that same-sex marriage is secular but I disagree. They can have a commitment to one another, sure, but to say that a homosexual marriage is the exact same thing as a Christian marriage is completely untrue. Marriage is not simply a wedding of two people who care for one another but a physical and spiritual bond is to occur between the two parties.mindstorm

So? Why can't gays have a spiritual bond? Would you say that Hindus shouldn't be allowed to marry as it wasn't approved by YOUR god?

They can be married in a sense, yes, but it would not be the Christian marriage I speak of. However, I will admit to take this particular statement with a grain of salt as this is a question that I have struggled with for a time. I have not yet found an answer that I am wholeheartedly in favor of but the above is my current position.

My point is, why does it matter if it's not a Christian marriage? A christian marriage isn't a Hindu or a Muslim marriage, so does that mean it's not valid?

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 worlock77

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]In your opinion. fidosim

:lol: It's not just my opinion. Marriage as a child-rearing institution goes back millennia. The idea of "marrying" someone because you've fallen in love with them is a relatively new construct.

And marriage as a way to aquire title, property and wealth or to form alliances goes back even farther.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#215 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

[QUOTE="THE_DRUGGIE"]

2yp0z8x.jpg

>MLK likes this

[spoiler] Seriously, I got Letter from a Birmingham Jail memorized because had to give a lecture on it [/spoiler]

Philokalia

Given that he was a baptist and bible believing Christian, he probably didn't like homosexuality.

??????

I'm talking about this on a political theory level. What's with you?

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

:lol: It's not just my opinion. Marriage as a child-rearing institution goes back millennia. The idea of "marrying" someone because you've fallen in love with them is a relatively new construct. fidosim
So?

Are you so convinced than an argument from tradition holds water that a smug lol emoticon is warranted? I can understand the delusion of thinking you're right but actually being deluded that you have proven that you are right.... is another thing altogether.

l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 l4dak47

[QUOTE="themajormayor"]

Aljosa23

Canada > USA

Agreed. U.S. is a sh*thole overrun with fundies.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="fidosim"]You can produce more children by fornicating with everything in sight, but that doesn't change the purpose of marriage. fidosim

Marriage, as i've said, is a compact between a man and a woman to regulate their sexual conduct, i.e. they are agreeing to produce children together, and to raise said children.

says who
Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Philokalia

Who the fvck cares. only stupid closeted homosexual people with small penises would even oppose gay marriage. l4dak47

Huh. I suppose my priest who is married and has three children is a secret homosexual... Good lord just look at what your typing.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 SolidSnake35
[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"]That's rude, sir.Jandurin
better to be rude than stupid

A smart person should know better, ah?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Philokalia

*whoosh*

The sound of the point going over your head.

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts

[QUOTE="mindstorm"]

As this is such a controversial topic I'll simply quote someone who can articulate the thoughts I have with better accuracy:

It is wise that our laws define marriage as between a man and a woman.

This is not because homosexual practice or same-sex relationships should be legally stopped. Rather, it?s because they should not be legally sanctioned. The issue is not whether same-sex unions are permitted, but whether they are institutionalized. The issue is not whether we tolerate same-sex relationships, but whether we build on them as a foundation for society. The issue is not whether we forbid a particular sin, but whether we mandate social approval of that sin. The issue is not whether we block a sinful behavior, but whether we imbed it in our laws.

I am not making a case for the legal prosecution of homosexual practice. Nor would I advocate the legal prosecution of heterosexual fornication. But I would make a case against the institutionalization of fornication, or making it a building block of society, or mandating its approval, or imbedding it in our laws. It is one thing to tolerate sin. It is another to build society on it.

Moriarity_

I would say at least let them have civil unions so they can recieve the financial benefits that other people recieve through marriage otherwise you're just limiting the rights of people for being homesexual/bisexual.

There is a sense in which I might agree. I could easily sway away from this idea, however. This idea is one I need to put more thought into.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
i've been married for 3 years or something and not produced a SINGLE child
l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 l4dak47

[QUOTE="l4dak47"] Who the fvck cares. only stupid closeted homosexual people with small penises would even oppose gay marriage. Philokalia

Huh. I suppose my priest who is married and has three children is a secret homosexual... Good lord just look at what your typing.

Probably. Or a pedo. Either one.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 worlock77

[QUOTE="THE_DRUGGIE"]

2yp0z8x.jpg

>MLK likes this

Philokalia

He also had numerous affairs, so he'd be in no positition to judge the marriages of others.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

[QUOTE="themajormayor"]

Aljosa23

Canada > USA

We had registered partnership in 95 and marriage in 2009. I didn't even notice until I looked it up on wiki just now. Can't believe it took so long though.
fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 fidosim

[QUOTE="fidosim"][QUOTE="worlock77"]

Sorry, but insisting that a thing is so does not make it so.

worlock77

:lol: Ok then.

Out of curiosity, what do you think is the purpose of marriage? Why would two people, in principle, enter into an agreement to only have sex with one another, till death do them part?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="SolidSnake35"]That's rude, sir.SolidSnake35
better to be rude than stupid

don't give yourself credit you don't seem to deserve
Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts

[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="Bucked20"]I would rather go by real life not some random bs on the internet almasdeathchild

hi i know i said i wouldn't quote you but you're an idiot fin

So you 2 live in a fantasy world where everything a scientists says is 100% correct,good to know
Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Philokalia

Probably. Or a pedo. Either one. l4dak47

And with that I bid thee farewell.

l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 l4dak47

[QUOTE="l4dak47"] Probably. Or a pedo. Either one. Philokalia

You're leaving. Mission accomplished.
THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#232 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

[QUOTE="Philokalia"]

[QUOTE="THE_DRUGGIE"]

2yp0z8x.jpg

>MLK likes this

worlock77

He also had numerous affairs, so he'd be in no positition to judge the marriages of others.

Uh guys, I'm talking in the context of political theory here.

Which has

nothing to do with the guy's personal life

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 mindstorm

[QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]So? Why can't gays have a spiritual bond? Would you say that Hindus shouldn't be allowed to marry as it wasn't approved by YOUR god?

toast_burner

They can be married in a sense, yes, but it would not be the Christian marriage I speak of. However, I will admit to take this particular statement with a grain of salt as this is a question that I have struggled with for a time. I have not yet found an answer that I am wholeheartedly in favor of but the above is my current position.

My point is, why does it matter if it's not a Christian marriage? A christian marriage isn't a Hindu or a Muslim marriage, so does that mean it's not valid?

For a male and female Hindu to become married the government would not be sanctioning a sinful act. However, with homosexuality the government does not simply allow it to happen but puts its approval upon it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="fidosim"] :lol: Ok then. fidosim

Out of curiosity, what do you think is the purpose of marriage? Why would two people, in principle, enter into an agreement to only have sex with one another, till death do them part?

With that logic why get married at all? Plenty of couples have kids without being married.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 SolidSnake35
[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="SolidSnake35"][QUOTE="Jandurin"] better to be rude than stupid

I credit myself with having manners and treating individuals well...
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 SolidSnake35
[QUOTE="Philokalia"]

[QUOTE="l4dak47"] Probably. Or a pedo. Either one. l4dak47

You're leaving. Mission accomplished.

Your next mission, Ethan, if you choose to accept...
senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#237 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts
Gay marriage for some, miniature American flags for others.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
I credit myself with having manners and treating individuals well...SolidSnake35
so what's wrong with letting people that want to get married get married
l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 l4dak47
[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"][QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="SolidSnake35"] A smart person should know better, ah?

I credit myself with having manners and treating individuals well...

Lol, yes but you're still stupid. You can be polite, Just don't get involved in anything important.
teethofthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 teethofthesea
Member since 2009 • 126 Posts

I dont understand why christians seem to think they own marrage. Marrage is a practice and tradition performed by many cultures under many religions. Christians dont own the rights to the term marrage. And the US of A is not a christian country, despite what many people seem to think.

There should be a legal marrage and a separate christian marrage with no legal rights assosiated with it. If people want to be married under law AND "under god" they should perform both actions.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="fidosim"] :lol: Ok then. fidosim

It's a bit more than simply having sex with each other until death. Christ, you're arguing nearly as bad as Bucked. It's the union of two lives, two people who pledge to love, honor, respect, suppot and protect each other.

Slow_Show

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 Slow_Show
Member since 2011 • 2018 Posts

You can produce more children by fornicating with everything in sight, but that doesn't change the purpose of marriage. fidosim

Um, of course it does? If the purpose of marriage is the production of children (ie a biological imperative), polygamy would be the superior form of marriage -- the fittest male (ie whoever attracts the most mates) would have the best chance of producing offspring and continuing the species.

On the other hand, if the purpose of marriage is simply a social construct based on something between love, "we're probably less likely to screw the parenthood thing up if there's two of us" and "rents cheaper if we split it", why does the sexuality of the couple matter?

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 mindstorm

I dont understand why christians seem to think they own marrage. Marrage is a practice and tradition performed by many cultures under many religions. Christians dont own the rights to the term marrage. And the US of A is not a christian country, despite what many people seem to think.

There should be a legal marrage and a separate christian marrage with no legal rights assosiated with it. If people want to be married under law AND "under god" they should perform both actions.

teethofthesea
But the thing is other religions would agree on this topic. I don't know many Muslims that support homosexuality, for example (not saying I support Muslim beliefs).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="mindstorm"] They can be married in a sense, yes, but it would not be the Christian marriage I speak of. However, I will admit to take this particular statement with a grain of salt as this is a question that I have struggled with for a time. I have not yet found an answer that I am wholeheartedly in favor of but the above is my current position.mindstorm

For a male and female Hindu to become married the government would not be sanctioning a sinful act. However, with homosexuality the government does not simply allow it to happen but puts its approval upon it.

I'm confused by what you mean by this.

I'm not mistaken when I say that you think marriage is a union before god? So if your union is done before the wrong god, then you marriage isn't real is it?

What do you mean the government simply approves of marriage? You can get married in a registry office (unless your gay in which case it's a civil union) Marriage is completely separate from religion.

fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 fidosim

worlock77

It's a bit more than simply having sex with each other until death. Christ, you're arguing nearly as bad as Bucked. It's the union of two lives, two people who pledge to love, honor, respect, suppot and protect each other.

You can love, honor, respect, and support someone without being married to them. Marriage is for the production of children.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Gay marriage for some, miniature American flags for others. senses_fail_06
Your_mom.jpg

[spoiler] can't find the exact scene ffffff [/spoiler]

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 SolidSnake35
[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"]I credit myself with having manners and treating individuals well...Jandurin

I would but it's not possible. I don't want to deny them an equally good relationship, though.
fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 fidosim

toast_burner

With that logic why get married at all? Plenty of couples have kids without being married.

Which is unfortunate.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="SolidSnake35"]I credit myself with having manners and treating individuals well...SolidSnake35

I would but it's not possible. I don't want to deny them an equally good relationship, though.

why is it not possible
driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#250 driftingsilvia
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

So basically what you mean is.....if you're out with your guy friends, people will only think you're gay if gay marriage is legalized?