We aren't afraid of g@ys we are pro traditional marriage

This topic is locked from further discussion.

peter1191

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 peter1191
Member since 2005 • 591 Posts

Often when I hear people argue for gay marriage they always say some variation of: "it has nothing to do with you" or "if you don't like big government, why intrude on something personal like marriage?" These are valid arguments but I would say that gay marriage changes the fundamental relations between genders (if it is to be accepted) and thus affects us all indirectly. In the future being really good friends with someone of the same gender can be misconstrued as gay Imagine you go out with some buddies and your gf/mom/whatever worries that you might be cheating on her with a dude. I just can't imagine a society that lives like that. Why? We don't have to oppress homosexuals, but why should we change our definition of marriage for them? Isn't marriage defined from Christianity and Jewish traditions? Why don't they just stick with civil unions? By making them the same as a heterosexual relationship we open up a whole world of problems in the area of relationships and marriage. We know (scientifically) that children raised by a man and a women are most heathy mentally, but we can't prove (scientifically) that homosexuality is innate. Indeed the only result I've seen so far of this movement is a greater acceptance of lesbianism (usually to the pleasure of men) and bisexuality in women in particular (see Black Swan or a Girl with a Dragon Tattoo movies for examples). How is this equality movement any different from a sexual revolution that liberalizes sexual relations?

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#2 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
"You're not allowed to have that opinion! It's wrong! You MUST accept gay marriage or you're WRONG," cried OT
majoras_wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 majoras_wrath
Member since 2005 • 6062 Posts
That is literally the worst argument I've ever heard against gay marriage. If you worry that much about being thought of as gay you might be closeted.
majoras_wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 majoras_wrath
"You're not allowed to have that opinion! It's wrong! You MUST accept gay marriage or you're WRONG," cried OTSolidSnake35
Or, you know, it's a terribly thought out opinion?
bats94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 bats94
Member since 2012 • 590 Posts

Good for you.

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

Wall of text! Find your 'Enter' key and use it!

We know 'scientifically' that you didn't provide any sources

We know scientifically that separate but equal doesn't work.

And we know, scientifically, that the 'role'(which doesn't need to exist in the first place) of the genders' and the assumptions people make of others won't change regardless.

Avatar image for deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
deactivated-59f03d6ce656b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
Member since 2009 • 2944 Posts
"You're not allowed to have that opinion! It's wrong! You MUST accept gay marriage or you're WRONG," cried OTSolidSnake35
Some opinions are less important then others. Especially ones that make no logical sense and are just due to bigotry.
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SolidSnake35
[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"]"You're not allowed to have that opinion! It's wrong! You MUST accept gay marriage or you're WRONG," cried OTmajoras_wrath

I don't think there's anything wrong with thinking that marriage is between a man and a woman. Give gays all the tax benefits and such, and then let them make up their own ceremony. It IS a different relationship after all.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

In the future being really good friends with someone of the same gender can be misconstrued as gay

peter1191

You realize that gay people will exist whether gay marriage is legal or not, right?

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#11 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

Allowing same-sex marriage would mean more work for catering services.

Are you telling me you're anti-small business?

Brawler-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#12 Brawler-Dude
Member since 2008 • 1418 Posts

Can't any mom or girlfriend think that already. It's a lifestyle that they choose and not you. If they want to get married let them go for it. And changed the defetion of marriage? Marriage is when to people are in love and want to spend the rest of there lives together, who cares if its a man and a women, a man and a man or a women and a women. To be honest if you also want to stick with the whole actually tradition of marriage, you are supposed to be staying with that person forever. So say the husband turns out to be bad and beats is wife, they are still supposed to actually be together if you go that far into, but it is not right for the women. So they can go on living a horrible realtionship and yet when to people love eachother very much and want to be together and would never do anything to harm the other, they can't because the like the same gender?

majoras_wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 majoras_wrath
Can you imagine how many of these couples will adopt kids,I bet its gonna be a whole bunch of lil gay kids prancing around like fairies Bucked20
Just when I thought you couldn't get any more ignorant, you crap this out.
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts

As this is such a controversial topic I'll simply quote someone who can articulate the thoughts I have with better accuracy:

It is wise that our laws define marriage as between a man and a woman.

This is not because homosexual practice or same-sex relationships should be legally stopped. Rather, it?s because they should not be legally sanctioned. The issue is not whether same-sex unions are permitted, but whether they are institutionalized. The issue is not whether we tolerate same-sex relationships, but whether we build on them as a foundation for society. The issue is not whether we forbid a particular sin, but whether we mandate social approval of that sin. The issue is not whether we block a sinful behavior, but whether we imbed it in our laws.

I am not making a case for the legal prosecution of homosexual practice. Nor would I advocate the legal prosecution of heterosexual fornication. But I would make a case against the institutionalization of fornication, or making it a building block of society, or mandating its approval, or imbedding it in our laws. It is one thing to tolerate sin. It is another to build society on it.

Ncsoftlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ncsoftlover
Member since 2007 • 2152 Posts

no we could be anyone and love anyone, let's not set so many rules, it's tiring, let's all be equal opportunists:)

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Putting the word scientifically after a statement doesn't make it a fact. Show me these studies that provide any evidence to what you are saying.

majoras_wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 majoras_wrath
[QUOTE="majoras_wrath"][QUOTE="SolidSnake35"]"You're not allowed to have that opinion! It's wrong! You MUST accept gay marriage or you're WRONG," cried OTSolidSnake35

I don't think there's anything wrong with thinking that marriage is between a man and a woman. Give gays all the tax benefits and such, and then let them make up their own ceremony. It IS a different relationship after all.

So separate but equal. That worked out real well in the United States.
Avatar image for deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
deactivated-59f03d6ce656b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
Member since 2009 • 2944 Posts

As this is such a controversial topic I'll simply quote someone who can articulate the thoughts I have with better accuracy:

This is not because homosexual practice or same-sex relationships should be legally stopped. Rather, it?s because they should not be legally sanctioned. The issue is not whether same-sex unions are permitted, but whether they are institutionalized. The issue is not whether we tolerate same-sex relationships, but whether we build on them as a foundation for society. The issue is not whether we forbid a particular sin, but whether we mandate social approval of that sin. The issue is not whether we block a sinful behavior, but whether we imbed it in our laws.

I am not making a case for the legal prosecution of homosexual practice. Nor would I advocate the legal prosecution of heterosexual fornication. But I would make a case against the institutionalization of fornication, or making it a building block of society, or mandating its approval, or imbedding it in our laws. It is one thing to tolerate sin. It is another to build society on it.

mindstorm
Whenever someone talks about sin and anything related to be gay thats when you should stop listening. Basing your argument on "Sin" is dumb.
Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

This thread will go far. Count on it.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 THE_DRUGGIE

The issue is not whether we forbid a particular sin, but whether we mandate social approval of that sin.

mindstorm

STOP.

There's that church and state thing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

mindstorm

Usually your post are rather well thought out, but this is just stupid. Equality shouldn't be a foundation for society?

Oyashiro1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Oyashiro1000
Member since 2009 • 7403 Posts

Similar arguments were once made against interracial marriage as well.

Ancient traditions are meant to be broken; it is all part of a process known as cultural progression.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
If you believe marriage should be between a man and a woman then by all means go ahead and marry that way. Nobody is stopping you unlike you're trying to stop others from doing whatever they want with their lives!! And how can homosexuality not be an innate behavior if it's found in multiple types of animals regularly like bonobos and dolphins or did those animals learned it from a liberal funded school system?
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SolidSnake35
[QUOTE="majoras_wrath"][QUOTE="SolidSnake35"][QUOTE="majoras_wrath"] Or, you know, it's a terribly thought out opinion?

Well that's not equal, is it? The sink on the left is clearly superior. Not to mention: A bathroom for every ethnicity = a less busy bathroom. We all win. More jobs too for cleaners.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
'and thus it affects us all indirectly.' You just used the word 'thus', you didn't explain how it affects you at all. How does two people of opposite gender getting married affect you in any way whatsoever?
Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Philokalia
Member since 2012 • 2910 Posts

Gay activists just like to have mentality of being bullied even when the person who is for marriage doesn't actually hate the Homosexual.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"] Well that's not equal, is it? The sink on the left is clearly superior.

Exactly his point.
majoras_wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 majoras_wrath
[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"][QUOTE="majoras_wrath"][QUOTE="SolidSnake35"] I don't think there's anything wrong with thinking that marriage is between a man and a woman. Give gays all the tax benefits and such, and then let them make up their own ceremony. It IS a different relationship after all.

Well that's not equal, is it? The sink on the left is clearly superior. So separate but equal. That worked out real well in the United States.

So you would want society to be pedantic, and just term it a different word? That is f*cking ridiculous.
Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts
[QUOTE="Bucked20"]Can you imagine how many of these couples will adopt kids,I bet its gonna be a whole bunch of lil gay kids prancing around like fairies majoras_wrath

Those kids will turn out gay,you know its the truth
THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 THE_DRUGGIE

Gay activists just like to have mentality of being bullied even when the person who is for marriage doesn't actually hate the Homosexual.

Philokalia

I think it's akin to moderate apathy a la Birmingham Jail, which is also harmful.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

mindstorm
Only not all of us are 19th century religious ding dongs so GTFO with that crap.
majoras_wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 majoras_wrath
[QUOTE="majoras_wrath"][QUOTE="Bucked20"]Can you imagine how many of these couples will adopt kids,I bet its gonna be a whole bunch of lil gay kids prancing around like fairies Bucked20

Despite all the scientific studies proving otherwise?
l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 l4dak47
Member since 2009 • 6838 Posts
lol. Anyone not supporting gay marriage is either an idiot or a christian. mhm. That's kind of redundant.
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts

mindstorm
Take away any opinion in their based on religion in there, and then we can talk about whether this sort of stance is legally realistic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Philokalia

Most gay activists are for marriage, that usually what they're arguing about.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SolidSnake35
[QUOTE="JML897"][QUOTE="SolidSnake35"] Well that's not equal, is it? The sink on the left is clearly superior.

Exactly his point.

I never said marriage would be better than their version.
majoras_wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 majoras_wrath
[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"][QUOTE="JML897"][QUOTE="SolidSnake35"] Well that's not equal, is it? The sink on the left is clearly superior.

Exactly his point.

I never said marriage would be better than their version.

So lets call it Hooglyboogly instead and give them the exact same rights? Again, why not just call it marriage, that's absolutely f*cking ridiculous.
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SolidSnake35
[QUOTE="majoras_wrath"] So you would want society to be pedantic, and just term it a different word? That is f*cking ridiculous.

But it wouldn't be terming it a different word. If would be a different union. Just an equally good one. I think it's a good compromise.
majoras_wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 majoras_wrath
[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"][QUOTE="majoras_wrath"] So you would want society to be pedantic, and just term it a different word? That is f*cking ridiculous.

But it wouldn't be terming it a different word. If would be a different union. Just an equally good one. I think it's a good compromise.

That makes absolutely no sense. We would create two separate institutions that do the exact same thing but for different members of society?
Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Philokalia

lol. Anyone not supporting gay marriage is either an idiot or a christian. mhm. That's kind of redundant. l4dak47

I find it curious anyone who doesn't support an ideology must be an idiot when there are clear reasons as to why most people on earth don't subscribe to the idea of gay "marraige" based on their religious beliefs and that it logically follows from those beliefs which they hold to be true. But if it puts you on a higher ground I agree without God there is no reason to be against gay marriage, but I would qualify that and say without God there is no reason to be for or against anything.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="majoras_wrath"] So you would want society to be pedantic, and just term it a different word? That is f*cking ridiculous.SolidSnake35

Why should we have to compromise?

Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Philokalia

Most gay activists are for marriage, that usually what they're arguing about.

toast_burner

And most like to use rhetoric.

Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts
[QUOTE="majoras_wrath"][QUOTE="Bucked20"][QUOTE="majoras_wrath"] Just when I thought you couldn't get any more ignorant, you crap this out.

Oh plz that doesn't prove sh*t,if a kid is raised by gay parents they'll most likely emulate them
Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Funky_Llama
Member since 2006 • 18428 Posts

mindstorm
Nice use of indentation. Shame about the entire content of the post.
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts
[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"][QUOTE="majoras_wrath"][QUOTE="SolidSnake35"] I don't think there's anything wrong with thinking that marriage is between a man and a woman. Give gays all the tax benefits and such, and then let them make up their own ceremony. It IS a different relationship after all.

Well that's not equal, is it? The sink on the left is clearly superior. Not to mention: A bathroom for every ethnicity = a less busy bathroom. We all win. More jobs too for cleaners.

Marriage is clearly superior to civil unions and such, imo.
fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#46 fidosim
Member since 2003 • 12901 Posts
I just don't think marriage should become unmoored from its fundamental purpose, which is the creation of children.
THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 THE_DRUGGIE

[QUOTE="majoras_wrath"] So you would want society to be pedantic, and just term it a different word? That is f*cking ridiculous.SolidSnake35

20ka9lv.jpg.

majoras_wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 majoras_wrath
[QUOTE="Bucked20"][QUOTE="majoras_wrath"][QUOTE="Bucked20"] Those kids will turn out gay,you know its the truth

Oh plz that doesn't prove sh*t,if a kid is raised by gay parents they'll most likely emulate them

:lol: What's it like having all the intelligence of a c*mstain?
Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Philokalia

I just don't think marriage should become unmoored from its fundamental purpose, which is the creation of children. fidosim

Fascist.