We aren't afraid of g@ys we are pro traditional marriage

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1051 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

it's their religion, wrong or no it's not peoples say how should they change their beliefs to fit you. You call the always oh so awesome "bigotry" argument yet you do it. The irony

I think gays should be allowed to be married, but legal civil marriage where they share legal benefits and are recognized as a couple.

Krelian-co

I've got nothing wrong with people sitting around believing in ponies that **** rainbows. However the second those believers group together in an attempt to make it so certain groups have less rights, I have a problem. I'm not against religious folk, i'm against religious folk who use their religion to insult others, or to limit the rights of others. You believe in god? Great that's your thing, However it really doesn't have anything to do with two people of the same sex loving each other and wanting the same rights as hetero couples. They literally have nothing in common, nor do the actions of two gays in their bedroom have anything to do with you. Why do religious folk have the right to bash gays, and discriminate constantly, Yet i dont have the right to call Religious folks out when they're being the bigots their holy books teach them to be?

im atheist FYI, but the post i answered to amde a clear distinction between accepting civil gay marriage and forcing catholics to accept gay catholic marriage.

i support gay CIVIL marriage, even if im straight im ok for rights that don't hurt anyone, but forcing to change their catholic marriage is just wrong.

I agree. Forcing the religion to do anything is wrong. As long as they are legally recognized marriages with no pressure on religion (legally) to recognize them, then there is no infringement on the freedom of religion.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1052 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="Guppy507"]Its the 21st century, why shouldn't "Christian and Jewish traditions" keep up with the times?Krelian-co

For some reason Religious folk think they're are allowed to be bigots, because they think they're being told by an invisible dude in the sky that it's okay.

it's their religion, wrong or no it's not peoples say how should they change their beliefs to fit you. You call the always oh so awesome "bigotry" argument yet you do it. The irony

I think gays should be allowed to be married, but legal civil marriage where they share legal benefits and are recognized as a couple.

The only problem is that civil unions do not carry the same benefits as marriage.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1053 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"] For some reason Religious folk think they're are allowed to be bigots, because they think they're being told by an invisible dude in the sky that it's okay.worlock77

The only problem is that civil unions do not carry the same benefits as marriage.

i dont know much about laws but civil marriage in terms of legal issues should carry the same benefits, but i'm not sure.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1054 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

Krelian-co

i dont know much about laws but civil marriage in terms of legal issues should carry the same benefits, but i'm not sure.

If it's the same, why give it a different name?

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1055 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

Krelian-co

Marriages recognized legally, but not made to be recognized by religious institutions, is the best option. Civil unions are similar, but not the same as marriage.
Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1056 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

lx_theo

Marriages recognized legally, but not made to be recognized by religious institutions, is the best option. Civil unions are similar, but not the same as marriage.

No religious institution is required to recognize ANY marriage in the US as far as I am aware.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1057 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

Krelian-co

They don't carry the same legal benefits.

Avatar image for 001011000101101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 337

#1058 001011000101101
Member since 2008 • 4395 Posts
I have noting against gay people getting married. That's their choice. I'm not religious at all, but I really don't think they should be able to get married in a church though. It just seems... wrong.
HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1059 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts
I have noting against gay people getting married. That's their choice. I'm not religious at all, but I really don't think they should be able to get married in a church though. It just seems... wrong. 001011000101101
For the last fvcking time, Churches are not going to be forced to marry homosexuals.
Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1060 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts

I have noting against gay people getting married. That's their choice. I'm not religious at all, but I really don't think they should be able to get married in a church though. It just seems... wrong. 001011000101101

multiple gay couples have been married in my parents' church, and it's not even legally recognized where they live.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1061 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
[QUOTE="001011000101101"]I have noting against gay people getting married. That's their choice. I'm not religious at all, but I really don't think they should be able to get married in a church though. It just seems... wrong. HoolaHoopMan
For the last fvcking time, Churches are not going to be forced to marry homosexuals.

They should be if it's a state funded church like where I live
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1062 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts
[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"][QUOTE="001011000101101"]I have noting against gay people getting married. That's their choice. I'm not religious at all, but I really don't think they should be able to get married in a church though. It just seems... wrong. themajormayor

That should be illegal. "Come citizens, come give us money so we can protect you, build your roads, and indoctrinate your children" Yeah... then we end up with Hicks teaching our children creationism.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1063 themajormayor
[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"] For the last fvcking time, Churches are not going to be forced to marry homosexuals.

That should be illegal. "Come citizens, come give us money so we can protect you, build your roads, and indoctrinate your children" Yeah... then we end up with Hicks teaching our children creationism.

Yeah I agree. This is in Sweden. Supposedly the most secular country in the world. They don't teach creationism at all though. Or anything really. In fact the marry gay people. Still shouldn't be funded by the state though. I'm against the state funding people's hobbies.
HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1064 HoolaHoopMan
[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"][QUOTE="001011000101101"]I have noting against gay people getting married. That's their choice. I'm not religious at all, but I really don't think they should be able to get married in a church though. It just seems... wrong. themajormayor

Your state funds churches? In what way?
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1065 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts
I'm against the state funding people's hobbies. themajormayor
That's not quite as bad. I mean, what if someone's hobby was saving stray dogs from being put down? I just refuse to aide any society that has been known to discriminate and hate anyone who isn't a member. And in order to be a member you have to believe that science is a lie, gays are evil, and everyone who isn't a member is in need of "Saving"
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1066 themajormayor
[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"][QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"] For the last fvcking time, Churches are not going to be forced to marry homosexuals.

Just about until recently we had a state church. It isn't anymore but they still get tax money I think
HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1067 HoolaHoopMan

[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"][QUOTE="themajormayor"] They should be if it's a state funded church like where I livethemajormayor

Just about until recently we had a state church. It isn't anymore but they still get tax money I think

Not fond of funding religious institutions, but taxing them...yes.

battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#1068 battlefront23
Member since 2006 • 12625 Posts

It's the straight people's fault! They keep having gay babies! Fascists!

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1069 themajormayor

[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"] Your state funds churches? In what way? HoolaHoopMan

Not fond of funding religious institutions, but taxing them...yes.

No they are funded by taxes I mean. Probably pays taxes too. I dunno it's fvcked up here
THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#1070 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

battlefront23

Why you gotta hate on gay babies?

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1071 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

[QUOTE="battlefront23"]

THE_DRUGGIE

Why you gotta hate on gay babies?

because they give innocent priests a bad name a few years later.
Avatar image for jesuschristmonk
jesuschristmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1072 jesuschristmonk
Member since 2009 • 3308 Posts
[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"]"You're not allowed to have that opinion! It's wrong! You MUST accept gay marriage or you're WRONG," cried OTPerson0
Some opinions are less important then others. Especially ones that make no logical sense and are just due to bigotry.

Like AussiePet believing the earth has existed for 2012 (w/e the date is) years. It's like believing red is actually blue.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1073 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
[QUOTE="jesuschristmonk"] Like AussiePet believing the earth has existed for 2012 (w/e the date is) years.

wut
cee1gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1074 cee1gee
Member since 2008 • 2042 Posts

keep marriage traditional with a man and woman. polygamy is wrong and i feel same sex marriage is wrong also

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1075 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

They don't carry the same legal benefits.

then thats the first mistake, why religious marriage has more importance than civil marriage from a legal standpoint?

government must give the same benefits to everyone

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1076 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

then thats the first mistake, why religious marriage has more importance than civil marriage from a legal standpoint?

government must give the same benefits to everyone

Krelian-co

The instituition of marriage in the US isn't regulated(for lack of a better word) by religious groups. Some people choose to just have a religous ceremony when they get married. They still have to get a marriage license from their state.

jesuschristmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1077 jesuschristmonk
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="jesuschristmonk"] Like AussiePet believing the earth has existed for 2012 (w/e the date is) years.

wut

I heard her mention that once, and couldn't get it out of my head.
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1078 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
Why do you care? Really, why does anyone care about anyone but themselves if they aren't being affected in any physically detrimental way? As long as it's consensual, why the f*ck does it matter if it's called "marriage" or "union". Why is this such a big deal. Perhaps we should focus on the suffering economy and other issues that actually affect everyone. Let people marry whatever they want. Someone wants to marry a goat? Fine. Let them. Who the f*ck am I to deny them that right. And who are you to deny them that right? If it's consensual, makes someone happy, and results in equal treatment, why should anyone be denied that?
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1079 chrisrooR

keep marriage traditional with a man and woman. polygamy is wrong and i feel same sex marriage is wrong also

cee1gee
So we should also keep with the tradition of stoning adulterers and dismembering thieves so they're unable to use their hands. Seriously, how far back is too far back for "traditional" values. This kind of backward, oldschool way of thinking irks me. Great, so you feel same sex marriage is wrong. That's fine, but why should they be denied the right to be happy? Just because you "feel" it's wrong? Focus on yourself, and the relationships in your own life.
jesuschristmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1080 jesuschristmonk
[QUOTE="cee1gee"]

chrisrooR
So we should also keep with the tradition of stoning adulterers and dismembering thieves so they're unable to use their hands. Seriously, how far back is too far back for "traditional" values. This kind of backward, oldschool way of thinking irks me. Great, so you feel same sex marriage is wrong. That's fine, but why should they be denied the right to be happy? Just because you "feel" it's wrong? Focus on yourself, and the relationships in your own life.

But you're talking about logic. A lot of people don't have that lol.
EntropyWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1081 EntropyWins
Member since 2010 • 1209 Posts

One thing that perplexes me is that conservatives don't seem to give a rat's ass about society until you mention gay marriage. They'll go on and on about how America was founded on traditional marriage and how important it is for us as a society (which is all BS), but if you point out that things like a small wealth gap and social programs are good for society they instantly switch gears to "individual liberty is the only thing that matters" and "keep yer socialist hands off my money!!!" kind of stuff.

cee1gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1082 cee1gee
[QUOTE="cee1gee"]

chrisrooR

Im not just talking about America, im talking worldwide since beginning of times it was men and women, and it shouldnt change. Its just not natural
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1083 chrisrooR
[QUOTE="chrisrooR"][QUOTE="cee1gee"]

cee1gee

Im not just talking about America, im talking worldwide since beginning of times it was men and women, and it shouldnt change. Its just not natural

Well, considering that it's been demonstrated across many different species, I would indeed consider that occurring naturally in the environment. There are plenty of "traditional" values that have been discarded, and I believe that the idea of marriage being a purely religious institution is one that also needs to be discarded. I know of very few people who are actually religious, and view marriage as a religious part of life. It's a bonding of two individuals, and should have absolutely nothing to do with the sexuality of those involved. For the same reason I believe your parents should not dictate who you marry, I also believe the government should not be able to tell you who you can and cannot marry. It's ridiculous.
Vaultboy-101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1084 Vaultboy-101
Member since 2009 • 1778 Posts

Marriage really makes no difference to anything, it's a religious action, whuch doesn't apply to me as i'm an atheist. I want to have a union with a woman some day, but not as a christian or in a christian establishment. If they're going to cater specifically for the marriage needs of homosexuals, why not something for us non-believers that doesn't involve making statements in the name of a god I don't even believe in?

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1085 chrisrooR

Marriage really makes no difference to anything, it's a religious action, whuch doesn't apply to me as i'm an atheist. I want to have a union with a woman some day, but not as a christian or in a christian establishment. If they're going to cater specifically for the marriage needs of homosexuals, why not something for us non-believers that doesn't involve making statements in the name of a god I don't even believe in?

Vaultboy-101
That's the thing, marriage today is more about financial security and ensuring that legal boundaries are set within the family. It's almost entirely NOT religious now, which is why the "tradition" of marriage being a religious institution argument doesn't hold sh*t. It's a symbolic event that emphasizes the love two people have for each other. The key point being TWO PEOPLE. If you're religious, and don't believe in homosexual marriage that's fine...but how...HOW THE F*CK does it affect you in ANY way other than using the word "marriage" to define it. It's completely ridiculous, and I honestly don't understand how this is still an issue that's relevant to our society today.
cee1gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1086 cee1gee
[QUOTE="chrisrooR"][QUOTE="cee1gee"][QUOTE="chrisrooR"] So we should also keep with the tradition of stoning adulterers and dismembering thieves so they're unable to use their hands. Seriously, how far back is too far back for "traditional" values. This kind of backward, oldschool way of thinking irks me. Great, so you feel same sex marriage is wrong. That's fine, but why should they be denied the right to be happy? Just because you "feel" it's wrong? Focus on yourself, and the relationships in your own life.

Well, considering that it's been demonstrated across many different species, I would indeed consider that occurring naturally in the environment. There are plenty of "traditional" values that have been discarded, and I believe that the idea of marriage being a purely religious institution is one that also needs to be discarded. I know of very few people who are actually religious, and view marriage as a religious part of life. It's a bonding of two individuals, and should have absolutely nothing to do with the sexuality of those involved. For the same reason I believe your parents should not dictate who you marry, I also believe the government should not be able to tell you who you can and cannot marry. It's ridiculous.

Its not so much the Government. Its the majority of the people in the world dont want to see gay marriage. The Government dont want to risk angry mobs of extremists .
cee1gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1087 cee1gee

Vaultboy-101
Christianity is not a religion. You have them confused with Catholics. Catholics can be Christians but Christianity has no rituals which is what religion is
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1088 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
[QUOTE="Vaultboy-101"]

cee1gee
Christianity is not a religion. You have them confused with Catholics. Catholics can be Christians but Christianity has no rituals which is what religion is

I am losing brain cells just by reading this.
cee1gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1089 cee1gee
[QUOTE="cee1gee"][QUOTE="Vaultboy-101"]

sSubZerOo

Alot of people in these forums always mention Christianity as a religion so i wanted to just let everyone know it isnt
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1090 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
[QUOTE="cee1gee"][QUOTE="sSubZerOo"][QUOTE="cee1gee"] Christianity is not a religion. You have them confused with Catholics. Catholics can be Christians but Christianity has no rituals which is what religion is

Alot of people in these forums always mention Christianity as a religion so i wanted to just let everyone know it isnt

................. Perhapes you should look up what Christianity is defined in the dictionary... let me help you "the Christian religion, including the Catholic, Protestant, and Eastern Orthodox churches. ".............. You have no idea what your talking about.. What is it then?
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1091 chrisrooR
[QUOTE="cee1gee"][QUOTE="chrisrooR"][QUOTE="cee1gee"] Im not just talking about America, im talking worldwide since beginning of times it was men and women, and it shouldnt change. Its just not natural

Its not so much the Government. Its the majority of the people in the world dont want to see gay marriage. The Government dont want to risk angry mobs of extremists .

What? I'm talking about the United States, not the "World". And having a religious reason for not allowing two men to marry is an utter sh*t argument. You do realize that not everyone adheres to YOUR belief system? You do realize there is, or should be, a clear separation of church and state? Perhaps we should adhere to the "tradition" of fratricide and incest, as it was extremely common in ancient egypt. Hey, it's part of my religious belief system, THEREFUR EVERY1 SHOULD FOLLOW EET!
cee1gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1092 cee1gee
[QUOTE="chrisrooR"][QUOTE="cee1gee"][QUOTE="chrisrooR"] Well, considering that it's been demonstrated across many different species, I would indeed consider that occurring naturally in the environment. There are plenty of "traditional" values that have been discarded, and I believe that the idea of marriage being a purely religious institution is one that also needs to be discarded. I know of very few people who are actually religious, and view marriage as a religious part of life. It's a bonding of two individuals, and should have absolutely nothing to do with the sexuality of those involved. For the same reason I believe your parents should not dictate who you marry, I also believe the government should not be able to tell you who you can and cannot marry. It's ridiculous.

What? I'm talking about the United States, not the "World". And having a religious reason for not allowing two men to marry is an utter sh*t argument. You do realize that not everyone adheres to YOUR belief system? You do realize there is, or should be, a clear separation of church and state? Perhaps we should adhere to the "tradition" of fratricide and incest, as it was extremely common in ancient egypt. Hey, it's part of my religious belief system, THEREFUR EVERY1 SHOULD FOLLOW EET!

like i stated before, the majority of the world is religious, and majority usually wins, so until the majority of the world is gay or believes in gay marriage but isnt gay then itll be legal everywhere, until then keep fighting for the right