We aren't afraid of g@ys we are pro traditional marriage

This topic is locked from further discussion.

majoras_wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 majoras_wrath
Member since 2005 • 6062 Posts
[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"][QUOTE="majoras_wrath"][QUOTE="SolidSnake35"] Because marriage is between a man and woman and hooglyboogly is between two men or two women. Many things have different names despite being identical in all important respects. Schools have different names, for instance. Why not call them all THE school, so that kids know they're all getting the same education?

Because each school is an institution unto itself, with it's own very specific community it serves, while marriage or hooglyboogly would apply to all members of a society, depending on which sexual orientation they are. Again. It's an incredibly illogical stance to take.

Schools are open to all members of society, depending on age, intellect and location. Marriage is open to all members of society, depending on sexual orientation. Ditto for hooglyboogly. Anyone can enter into either relation, really. So why shouldn't marriage and hooglyboogly be different institutions as schools are?

Why not cut the bureaucratic nonsense and open up marriage to everyone, rather then writing all new laws and standards to form a new institution. You really haven't provided a good argument as to why separate but equal should be acceptable. All of this is pointless anyways, separate but equal is supposed to be a dead doctrine within the US.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

[QUOTE="Funky_Llama"]

[QUOTE="fidosim"] Only straight couples can produce kids. So...fidosim

Or rather, only a subset of straight couples can have kids; and yet you apparently don't wish to restrict marriage to this subset, but rather to the subset of couples who are heterosexual. Not to mention the stupidity of your reasoning, as others have pointed out and which I therefore don't need to restate.

I have already acknowledged that not all straight couples are capable of having kids. But ONLY straight couples are capable of having kids. So marriage, which is in principle an institution for the purpose of having and rearing children, is for straight couples only.

I already mentioned but you seemed to skip over it that gay couples can have kids.

fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#103 fidosim
Member since 2003 • 12901 Posts
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="fidosim"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] Where do you get that a marriage's fundamental purpose is the creation of children?

Marriage is the choosing of one person who you will be with (in principle) forever, and thus that will be the person that you have and raise kids with.

But that doesn't mean the purpose of marriage is to have children. The purpose could be to unite two families or to prevent incest like it has happened at many times in history even with cultures that didn't associate sex with procreation. There's no universal law which says that marriage's fundamental purpose is creating children.

Yes it does. Marriage is a means of regulating sexual conduct. The purpose of sexual intercourse is to produce children.
fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 fidosim

[QUOTE="fidosim"][QUOTE="Funky_Llama"]Or rather, only a subset of straight couples can have kids; and yet you apparently don't wish to restrict marriage to this subset, but rather to the subset of couples who are heterosexual. Not to mention the stupidity of your reasoning, as others have pointed out and which I therefore don't need to restate.

toast_burner

I have already acknowledged that not all straight couples are capable of having kids. But ONLY straight couples are capable of having kids. So marriage, which is in principle an institution for the purpose of having and rearing children, is for straight couples only.

I already mentioned but you seemed to skip over it that gay couples can have kids.

They can raise kids. They can't produce kids.
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#105 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

As this is such a controversial topic I'll simply quote someone who can articulate the thoughts I have with better accuracy:

It is wise that our laws define marriage as between a man and a woman.

This is not because homosexual practice or same-sex relationships should be legally stopped. Rather, it?s because they should not be legally sanctioned. The issue is not whether same-sex unions are permitted, but whether they are institutionalized. The issue is not whether we tolerate same-sex relationships, but whether we build on them as a foundation for society. The issue is not whether we forbid a particular sin, but whether we mandate social approval of that sin. The issue is not whether we block a sinful behavior, but whether we imbed it in our laws.

I am not making a case for the legal prosecution of homosexual practice. Nor would I advocate the legal prosecution of heterosexual fornication. But I would make a case against the institutionalization of fornication, or making it a building block of society, or mandating its approval, or imbedding it in our laws. It is one thing to tolerate sin. It is another to build society on it.

mindstorm

Divorce is institutionalised.

But as far as I know it is against the teachings of the Bible. Would you so adamantly stand up for the abolishment of divorce?

l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 l4dak47
Member since 2009 • 6838 Posts

[QUOTE="l4dak47"] ....There's no logic in opposing gay marriage. None. Furthermore, there's plenty of logical reasons as to why gay marriage should be allowed. Philokalia

If it is a God given institution there is perfect logic in opposing gay marraige. And no there is no logical reason why gays should be married or why anyone should be married under what I would assume is your naturalist and atheistic world view.

Marriage is not a fvcking god given institution here. Are you really this dense? Churches can still refuse to allow a gay couple to marry in their church. nothing will change other than gays getting the rights they deserve.
Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#107 Philokalia
Member since 2012 • 2910 Posts

Equel rights and freedom of religion

not everyone believes in your god therefore don't have to obied to his laws.,

toast_burner

In a democratic country the law is represented by the will of the people and thus it should be as such. But you would prevent that democratic process from happening if it were against your position. The fact is there are equal rights for everyone and this is how it should be. It is not a right to marry who you love legally and morally.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

Often when I hear people argue for gay marriage they always say some variation of: "it has nothing to do with you" or "if you don't like big government, why intrude on something personal like marriage?" These are valid arguments but I would say that gay marriage changes the fundamental relations between genders (if it is to be accepted) and thus affects us all indirectly. In the future being really good friends with someone of the same gender can be misconstrued as gay Imagine you go out with some buddies and your gf/mom/whatever worries that you might be cheating on her with a dude. I just can't imagine a society that lives like that. Why? We don't have to oppress homosexuals, but why should we change our definition of marriage for them? Isn't marriage defined from Christianity and Jewish traditions? Why don't they just stick with civil unions? By making them the same as a heterosexual relationship we open up a whole world of problems in the area of relationships and marriage. We know (scientifically) that children raised by a man and a women are most heathy mentally, but we can't prove (scientifically) that homosexuality is innate. Indeed the only result I've seen so far of this movement is a greater acceptance of lesbianism (usually to the pleasure of men) and bisexuality in women in particular (see Black Swan or a Girl with a Dragon Tattoo movies for examples). How is this equality movement any different from a sexual revolution that liberalizes sexual relations?

peter1191

We do know scientifically that homosexuality isbiological.

We know scientifically that there is nocausation between being raised by a gay couple and a married couple.

Though I do believe gay couples should be able to adopt, marriage equality has nothing to do with adoption. Besides, no sane politician would make an argument for taking homosexual's biological children away, so I don't see why this is even an issue. Beyond abuse parents are free to raise their children in any way they please. Suicides are higher among Protestants than other religious denominations, according to your logic Protestants should not be able to have children.

Arguing that gay marriage liberalizes sex relations is false by definition, it's extending an institution meant to monogamize sexual relationships to homosexuals.

When we coined the term sexual harassment back in the sixties we changed relations between genders. Change is not always bad.

The most egregious hole in your argument is that you're posing an unfalsifiable claim. Your claim of homosexual marriage changing the fundamental properties of marriage is vague in exactly what those properties are and how they are being changed. If it is ever proven that marriage is not being changed in the manner you say it is or that it is being changed but for the better, then you can always move the goalposts and say that gay marriage is changing it in a different manner because you never bothered to specify how it was being changed in the first place.

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Funky_Llama
Member since 2006 • 18428 Posts
[QUOTE="Funky_Llama"]

[QUOTE="fidosim"] Only straight couples can produce kids. So...fidosim

Or rather, only a subset of straight couples can have kids; and yet you apparently don't wish to restrict marriage to this subset, but rather to the subset of couples who are heterosexual. Not to mention the stupidity of your reasoning, as others have pointed out and which I therefore don't need to restate.

As you're just repeating your previous argument, and I explained why your previous argument was so utterly stupid, I don't think any response is required from me to this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="Person0"] Yep people having equal rights isn't logical....................... Wow Philokalia

What is logic? What is reason? Give me your world view and I will give you mine. I fully agree that my position is fully derived from my religious beliefs. And I will say this there is no naturalistic reason to be against gay marriage, but then again I would also suggest on pure naturalisim there is no good reaosn to be for it. It comes from a perspective of worldviews this discussion ultimately not as if there were any reasons in of itself for the positions.

Tell me what makes your religion so special that it should be forced upon everyone else.

What if my religion allows same sex marriage? There are a few churches that do. You can't use religion as an arguing point as it doesn't apply to everyone.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#111 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]Why should we have to compromise?

Funky_Llama

Because that's life.

Don't they weed unthinking, fatuous 'reasoning' like this out of you if do a philosophy degree?

I keep my fun times on OT separate from my academic work. ;D
Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Philokalia

Marriage is not a fvcking god given institution here. Are you really this dense? Churches can still refuse to allow a gay couple to marry in their church. nothing will change other than gays getting the rights they deserve. l4dak47

I said if it is a Godly institution then it is perfectly logical to be against gay marriage.

fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 fidosim
[QUOTE="fidosim"][QUOTE="Funky_Llama"]Or rather, only a subset of straight couples can have kids; and yet you apparently don't wish to restrict marriage to this subset, but rather to the subset of couples who are heterosexual. Not to mention the stupidity of your reasoning, as others have pointed out and which I therefore don't need to restate.Funky_Llama

As you're just repeating your previous argument, and I explained why your previous argument was so utterly stupid, I don't think any response is required from me to this.

I think I have responded to all of the criticisms i've come across. But if you want to throw in the towel, that's fine.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

lol this thread.

Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts

[QUOTE="Bucked20"][QUOTE="majoras_wrath"] Just when I thought you couldn't get any more ignorant, you crap this out.coolbeans90

Those kids will turn out gay,you know its the truth

rofl

are you saying you could just wake up one day and say "i think i want to suck d!ck today!"

if so, bad news, bruv...

lol at yall thinking that wouldn't be a heavy influence kids
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

lol this thread.

Aljosa23
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Teenaged

[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"][QUOTE="majoras_wrath"] Well that's not equal, is it? The sink on the left is clearly superior. So separate but equal. That worked out real well in the United States.  majoras_wrath

So you would want society to be pedantic, and just term it a different word? That is f*cking ridiculous.

That's philosophy.

>__>

Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Philokalia

Tell me what makes your religion so special that it should be forced upon everyone else.

What if my religion allows same sex marriage? There are a few churches that do. You can't use religion as an arguing point as it doesn't apply to everyone.

toast_burner

Well I would say what makes my religion special is that it is true. But we don't live in theocracies we live in a democracy and you don't think the will of the people should be accepted in this regard? Thats fine.

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Funky_Llama
[QUOTE="Funky_Llama"]

[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"] Because that's life.SolidSnake35

Don't they weed unthinking, fatuous 'reasoning' like this out of you if do a philosophy degree?

I kinda guessed as much, seeing as you didn't fail your degree
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="fidosim"]I just don't think marriage should become unmoored from its fundamental purpose, which is the creation of children. fidosim

So then what is your view on straight married couples who never have children?

They are part of an institution that was not created for them.

So than you would outlaw marriage for straight couples who do not have children?

majoras_wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 majoras_wrath
Member since 2005 • 6062 Posts
[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

[QUOTE="Bucked20"] Those kids will turn out gay,you know its the truth Bucked20

rofl

are you saying you could just wake up one day and say "i think i want to suck d!ck today!"

if so, bad news, bruv...

do you throw a whole bunch of word magnets in a bag, shake them around, pull them out, and type it out?
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts
[QUOTE="fidosim"][QUOTE="Funky_Llama"][QUOTE="fidosim"] I have already acknowledged that not all straight couples are capable of having kids. But ONLY straight couples are capable of having kids. So marriage, which is in principle an institution for the purpose of having and rearing children, is for straight couples only.

I think I have responded to all of the criticisms i've come across. But if you want to throw in the towel, that's fine.

You know... with the technology of the day, not only straight couple are capable of having kids.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

[QUOTE="Philokalia"]

[QUOTE="l4dak47"] ....There's no logic in opposing gay marriage. None. Furthermore, there's plenty of logical reasons as to why gay marriage should be allowed. l4dak47

If it is a God given institution there is perfect logic in opposing gay marraige. And no there is no logical reason why gays should be married or why anyone should be married under what I would assume is your naturalist and atheistic world view.

. Are you really this dense?

Do you really have to ask?

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Funky_Llama
[QUOTE="fidosim"][QUOTE="Funky_Llama"][QUOTE="fidosim"] I have already acknowledged that not all straight couples are capable of having kids. But ONLY straight couples are capable of having kids. So marriage, which is in principle an institution for the purpose of having and rearing children, is for straight couples only.

I hardly think that given up on a broken record constitutes throwing in the towel. But OK, whatever makes you feel better.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

Equel rights and freedom of religion

not everyone believes in your god therefore don't have to obied to his laws.,

Philokalia

In a democratic country the law is represented by the will of the people and thus it should be as such. But you would prevent that democratic process from happening if it were against your position. The fact is there are equal rights for everyone and this is how it should be. It is not a right to marry who you love legally and morally.

Actually in my country issues like this are only voted amongst politicians, not the public. I prefer that system but unfortunately it is corrupted by the church (not to an extreme but even a tiny bit is too much)

It is a right, what did you do to earn it?

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

rofl

if so, bad news, bruv...

Per usual you are wrong. http://www.aacap.org/cs/root/facts_for_families/children_with_lesbian_gay_bisexual_and_transgender_parents

fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 fidosim

[QUOTE="fidosim"][QUOTE="worlock77"]

So then what is your view on straight married couples who never have children?

worlock77

They are part of an institution that was not created for them.

So than you would outlaw marriage for straight couples who do not have children?

I don't know how you would enforce such a law, but a married couple who can't produce kids is not living up to its fundamental purpose. They are free to spend their lives together and enjoy each other's companionship, just like gay couples, but they are not married in the traditional sense.
Avatar image for deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
deactivated-59f03d6ce656b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
Member since 2009 • 2944 Posts

[QUOTE="Person0"] Yep people having equal rights isn't logical....................... Wow Philokalia

What is logic? What is reason? Give me your world view and I will give you mine. I fully agree that my position is fully derived from my religious beliefs. And I will say this there is no naturalistic reason to be against gay marriage, but then again I would also suggest on pure naturalisim there is no good reaosn to be for it. It comes from a perspective of worldviews this discussion ultimately not as if there were any reasons in of itself for the positions.

Separation of Church and State. (Marriage is a legal agreement)

My view is that gay marriage leads to more equality while not harming anyone so there is no reason to oppose it.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 themajormayor

If we allow gay marriage soon babies will marry jellyfishes. It's simple extrapolation.

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts

[QUOTE="mindstorm"]

As this is such a controversial topic I'll simply quote someone who can articulate the thoughts I have with better accuracy:

This is not because homosexual practice or same-sex relationships should be legally stopped. Rather, it?s because they should not be legally sanctioned. The issue is not whether same-sex unions are permitted, but whether they are institutionalized. The issue is not whether we tolerate same-sex relationships, but whether we build on them as a foundation for society. The issue is not whether we forbid a particular sin, but whether we mandate social approval of that sin. The issue is not whether we block a sinful behavior, but whether we imbed it in our laws.

I am not making a case for the legal prosecution of homosexual practice. Nor would I advocate the legal prosecution of heterosexual fornication. But I would make a case against the institutionalization of fornication, or making it a building block of society, or mandating its approval, or imbedding it in our laws. It is one thing to tolerate sin. It is another to build society on it.

Teenaged

But as far as I know it is against the teachings of the Bible. Would you so adamantly stand up for the abolishment of divorce?

Abolished by the government? No. Abolished by the church? Yes. However, in certain cases separation is allowed (abuse, for example). I take a controversial position regarding divorce in that I do not believe either party should ever remarry. The contract is to last until death, not until the emotions run a little dry. That stated, I am not some legalistic prick - God is a gracious God and will forgive us of all our actions. Thus, there is no reason to live in guilt because of past act but the believer is to desire to live faithfully to not only his God but his spouse.
fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 fidosim
[QUOTE="fidosim"][QUOTE="Funky_Llama"]As you're just repeating your previous argument, and I explained why your previous argument was so utterly stupid, I don't think any response is required from me to this.Funky_Llama

I hardly think that given up on a broken record constitutes throwing in the towel. But OK, whatever makes you feel better.

I'll take the fact that you haven't pointed out which argument I haven't addressed as an indication that you don't want to debate the substantive point anymore. Good day.
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

Soooo, I should just let all this out because this topic gets thrown around every ten seconds:

I think homosexuals should be allowed to marry, given that both parties are able to give consent.

THE_DRUGGIE

I'm sorry, stopped reading there because ISN'T THAT, LIKE, SUPPOSED TO BE ASSUMED?

Christ, Zenny.

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Guybrush_3

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="fidosim"] They are part of an institution that was not created for them.fidosim

I don't know how you would enforce such a law, but a married couple who can't produce kids is not living up to its fundamental purpose. They are free to spend their lives together and enjoy each other's companionship, just like gay couples, but they are not married in the traditional sense.

I will post this again

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/54935/original.jpg

"Traditional" marriage has changed constantly over the years.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="mindstorm"]

mindstorm

Abolished by the government? No. Abolished by the church? Yes. However, in certain cases separation is allowed (abuse, for example). I take a controversial position regarding divorce in that I do not believe either party should ever remarry. The contract is to last until death, not until the emotions run a little dry. That stated, I am not some legalistic prick - God is a gracious God and will forgive us of all our actions. Thus, there is no reason to live in guilt because of past act but the believer is to desire to live faithfully to not only his God but his spouse.

Would you have any opposition to gay marriage being allowed by the government and any church that approves of it?

Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts

[QUOTE="Bucked20"][QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

rofl

if so, bad news, bruv...

Guybrush_3

Per usual you are wrong. http://www.aacap.org/cs/root/facts_for_families/children_with_lesbian_gay_bisexual_and_transgender_parents

Not a big enough sample size so it doesn't mean sh*t
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#136 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"][QUOTE="Funky_Llama"]Don't they weed unthinking, fatuous 'reasoning' like this out of you if do a philosophy degree?Funky_Llama

I kinda guessed as much, seeing as you didn't fail your degree

Nope. First class baby.
l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 l4dak47
Member since 2009 • 6838 Posts

[QUOTE="l4dak47"] Marriage is not a fvcking god given institution here. Are you really this dense? Churches can still refuse to allow a gay couple to marry in their church. nothing will change other than gays getting the rights they deserve. Philokalia

I said if it is a Godly institution then it is perfectly logical to be against gay marriage.

Good thing we don't live in a world like that. Would blow my brains out, but not until I take a few of you fundies down first. Nonetheless, it isn't. Fin.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="fidosim"] They are part of an institution that was not created for them.fidosim

No? Having a marriage ceremony preformed by a church minister doesn't equal being married in the traditional sense? That might just be the biggest load of bullsh*t I've read on this forum all day (quite an accomplishment really).

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#139 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

Soooo, I should just let all this out because this topic gets thrown around every ten seconds:

I think homosexuals should be allowed to marry, given that both parties are able to give consent. I cannot see the harm to society in any shape or form, given that the sanctity argument doesn't hold a lot of water when you see the latest episode of My Big Fat Redneck Wedding and, financially, there's not any harm, either given that it allows homosexual couples to enjoy the same types of benefits and thus allows them to become more productive in society. Also, there is that whole giving catering services more business, and I was being a little silly saying that, but hey it's actually a nice, albeit small, side-effect of allowing same-sex marriage. Of course, there is the caveat of religion to consider.

Religion doesn't factor in much in this situation, no matter how much you really want it to. There will be at least one progressive church in every state that would go ahead with having marriage ceremonies, and the concept of morals equates to de facto oppression due to their being many more benefits than harms. Lastly, there's the topic of adoption.

Whether a child will be homosexual is, actually, not dependent on the sexuality of their parents. Gender roles may be affected, but there are children who have abusive fathers/mothers who skew gender roles as well, not to mention having two parents of the same gender would allow the child to become more accepting of people who go outside stereotypical gender roles. Thus, the child becomes more accepting of others.

So yeah, not seeing any kind of rational reason to NOT have same-sex marriage.

THE_DRUGGIE

I'd also like to add an addendum that people who oppose same-sex marriage fascinate me. I just wanna get inside their minds and understand why they even think that way.

I need to assemble a research team.

Brawler-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#140 Brawler-Dude
Member since 2008 • 1418 Posts

[QUOTE="l4dak47"] ....There's no logic in opposing gay marriage. None. Furthermore, there's plenty of logical reasons as to why gay marriage should be allowed. Philokalia

You sir, have just crossed the line. I will say, I truly don't care about realigon, in fact if the is a greater power out there, ok, if not, ok, I don't care. But my sister and my mom both think there is a higher power out there, and yet both think gay marriage is right. Is it a logically reason for a man to beat his wife, for there realtionship to be horrbile, and yet it's wrong for two people who love each and would never harm the other in anyway get married just because they are of the same gender? Yeah, didn't make sense for me either

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Guybrush_3

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

[QUOTE="Bucked20"] lol at yall thinking that wouldn't be a heavy influence kids Bucked20

Not a big enough sample size so it doesn't mean sh*t

And yet it's infinitely larger than the sample size of any evidence you have presented.

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#142 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

I like the phrase in the topic of this thread. I don't approve of the homosexual lifestyle, as it is a sin, but that doesn't mean I'm against gays personally. I believe that marriage is between one man and one woman, but that doesn't make me anti-gay.

As for the government's role in the debate, it should be left up to the states-- the federal government shouldn't have a part in it.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

rofl

if so, bad news, bruv...

How the fvck do you think that kids can readily be convinced that smoking c0ck is enjoyable?

Like, is there an anecdote here?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
god i hate this thread and i haven't even read it
Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Philokalia

Actually in my country issues like this are only voted amongst politicians, not the public. I prefer that system but unfortunately it is corrupted by the church (not to an extreme but even a tiny bit is too much)

It is a right, what did you do to earn it?

toast_burner

What is a right? What reasons do we have for believing in anything? This is hte position I come from in this debate. But in responce your questions Heterosexuals and Homosexuals did not earn the right to marry members of the opposite sex it is inherent in them. Of course this comes from my religious world view but how would you account for such a right as you call it?

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts
I'm pro traditional marriage as well. I plan on marrying my daughters off for land titles and dowries.
_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 _BlueDuck_
Member since 2003 • 11986 Posts

Here in Canada we let "the gays" get married and nothing bad has happened in that regard. If I was to guess, it's probably because two people getting married is "no one else's ****ing business" and doesn't affect anyone else's life or marriage. 'Magine that, people not sticking their noses in other people's private life. What a concept.

zeldaluff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 zeldaluff
Member since 2008 • 3387 Posts

We know (scientifically) that children raised by a man and a women are most heathy mentally

peter1191

Link? I know some pretty f*cked up people and none of them have gay parents. I'd actually be pretty surprised if that were true.

Anyways, if we want to worry about the traditional marriages, let's focus on divorce instead. A lot of people don't seem to take the "until death do us part" section seriously.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="mindstorm"]

mindstorm

But it's the government we're talking about.

Gay marriage will be secular not religious.

So, why not the government? Do you suddenly decide to become a legalistic prick when it comes to gay marriage?

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 themajormayor

[QUOTE="peter1191"]

We know (scientifically) that children raised by a man and a women are most heathy mentally

zeldaluff

Link? I know some pretty f*cked up people and none of them have gay parents. I'd actually be pretty surprised if that were true.

Anyways, if we want to worry about the traditional marriages, let's focus on divorce instead. A lot of people don't seem to take the "until death do us part" section seriously.

I'm pretty sure it's the opposite actually.