The real evidence that prayer does not work.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#501 Deity_Slapper
Member since 2008 • 2615 Posts

YES THIS IS JUST WHAT WE NEED, ANOTHER RELIGION THREAD! WOOOHOOO CAN I GET A HI5 ANYONE? /sarcasm.

In my opinion I think TC is trying to hard to bash other people's faith. Me, being christian totally accept science into my life. I don't bash science, I find it really interesting and fun to learn. I don't know why atheists have the need to bash religion when it won't effect them when they die. Your faith is your own.

xXSecksXx

What are you talking about? :roll:

You just clearly bashed me...insinuating that I must have lost my marbles for making a thread like this...

You say you don't know why atheists need to bash religion, well...I don't know why christians need to bash atheists for bashing religion! :lol:

It always comes down to someone saying something like this..."why can't you just respect others beliefs?" Well, for the most part, christians don't respect atheists at all; beliefs not even entering the picture. A christian might be nice to an atheist to their face, but you know how they feel about atheists when they're amongst their fellow christians, or by themselves. Then you might say, "well keep it to yourself!" Well, I might, but since christians can't keep their beliefs to themselves, why the hell should I keep my lack of belief in god to myself? So, are you saying that only christians are allowed to parade their beliefs around in front of everyone else, while atheists and others must remain silent? :?

The day christians stop showing off their imaginary friend to atheists, will be the day atheists stop speaking up about it's ridiculousness. I guarantee it. But, as we all know, this day will never come, because christians just have sooooo much pride in their savior, that they won't keep quiet about him. Just ask a christian, they'll tell you: "I will never stop giving glory to god's name! Praise the lord!" And you know it...so...therefore, atheists have every right to proudly and publicly proclaim their reasons for not believing. It's only fair.

LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#502 LikeHaterade
Member since 2007 • 10645 Posts
[QUOTE="dracula_16"][QUOTE="xXSecksXx"]

I don't know why atheists have the need to bash religion when it won't effect them when they die. Your faith is your own.

It's because it affects you, me and everyone else. Religions in present day want to control everything.

If you can get these hardcore religious folk to stop telling me that I am immoral and that I'm going to hell then I promise I won't speak negatively about religions. I think we know how that'll turn out.

Not really, I barely ever see religion trying to control everything. Only a small minority of the religous ever try to do that.

It sounds like some dumb, made up excuse for dracula to try and make himself feel special.:)

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#503 Deity_Slapper
[QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="NaiKoN9293"]

are you interested in proving HIM wrong or his argument? It seems petty to care if he thinks it fact or not. Wouldn't it be more effective to provide cases were prayer does work instead of trying to win the debate by simply stating that you can't prove it either way?

NaiKoN9293

That's LJ's style...he doesn't care to prove anyone's ideas wrong, he just likes to raise himself above others in his own mind...as best he can, of course. It's not like he's that good at it. :lol:

[QUOTE="NaiKoN9293"]

so what was your goal? prove him wrong? or what else?

LJS9502_basic

I wasn't having a discussion with him. I was discussing with others. Did you not read the thread? Now...since this seems a rather pointless conversation...bye bye.

Running away when backed into a corner, while pointing the finger of blame at the one who has the balls to challenge your shallow arguement...peculiar indeed...as well as curiously convenient...hmmm...it just always seems to work out for you, doesn't it, LJ?

didn't you know? lj has never lost a debate! when he was kid and his teacher asked what 2+2 was he answered THOMAS JEFFERSON, SUCKA! and thus won the debate and has continued ever since.

I'm well aware of his imaginary undefeated record... :lol:

What's really funny is that in just a few short months on this website alone, I've seen him lose debates more than most. Honestly, I think it's sad the lengths he will go to, to maintain some pointless record, attached to an internet identity, when no one even knows the real person behind the username. I actually feel sorry for him sometimes. :(

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#504 Deity_Slapper
[QUOTE="123625"][QUOTE="dracula_16"][QUOTE="xXSecksXx"]

I don't know why atheists have the need to bash religion when it won't effect them when they die. Your faith is your own.

LikeHaterade

It's because it affects you, me and everyone else. Religions in present day want to control everything.

If you can get these hardcore religious folk to stop telling me that I am immoral and that I'm going to hell then I promise I won't speak negatively about religions. I think we know how that'll turn out.

Not really, I barely ever see religion trying to control everything. Only a small minority of the religous ever try to do that.

It sounds like some dumb, made up excuse for dracula to try and make himself feel special.:)

Actually, it sounds like he's standing up for himself, and he's grown tired of persecution from others who have just as many or more flaws than he does.

LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#505 LikeHaterade
[QUOTE="xXSecksXx"]

YES THIS IS JUST WHAT WE NEED, ANOTHER RELIGION THREAD! WOOOHOOO CAN I GET A HI5 ANYONE? /sarcasm.

In my opinion I think TC is trying to hard to bash other people's faith. Me, being christian totally accept science into my life. I don't bash science, I find it really interesting and fun to learn. I don't know why atheists have the need to bash religion when it won't effect them when they die. Your faith is your own.

Deity_Slapper

You just clearly bashed me...insinuating that I must have lost my marbles for making a thread like this...

You say you don't know why atheists need to bash religion, well...I don't know why christians need to bash atheists for bashing religion! :lol:

It always comes down to someone saying something like this..."why can't you just respect others beliefs?" Well, for the most part, christians don't respect atheists at all; beliefs not even entering the picture. A christian might be nice to an atheist to their face, but you know how they feel about atheists when they're amongst their fellow christians, or by themselves. Then you might say, "well keep it to yourself!" Well, I might, but since christians can't keep their beliefs to themselves, why the hell should I keep my lack of belief in god to myself? So, are you saying that only christians are allowed to parade their beliefs around in front of everyone else, while atheists and others must remain silent? :?

The day christians stop showing off their imaginary friend to atheists, will be the day atheists stop speaking up about it's ridiculousness. I guarantee it. But, as we all know, this day will never come, because christians just have sooooo much pride in their savior, that they won't keep quiet about him. Just ask a christian, they'll tell you: "I will never stop giving glory to god's name! Praise the lord!" And you know it...so...therefore, atheists have every right to proudly and publicly proclaim their reasons for not believing. It's only fair.

It's one thing to say why you don't believe something, but another to attempt to bash and shut down someone's beliefs. The majority of religious topics created in OT are athiests questioning and calling out Christianity. Being rude to Christians in OT is a cowardly thing to do if Christians that you know bash you for what you believe in. That post of yours has a lot of ignorance I might add just for the fact that you're speaking of Christians as an entire entity when you and I both know that people are different....

NaiKoN9293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#506 NaiKoN9293
Member since 2004 • 4102 Posts
yeah. he's a pretty strange guy like that. I don't know why it's so important to him to think that he is undefeated in debating. That just shows you are close minded and not aware that sometimes you are wrong. I've debated and changed my mind about things many times and I definately don't see that as a weakness.
LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#507 LikeHaterade
[QUOTE="LikeHaterade"][QUOTE="123625"][QUOTE="dracula_16"][QUOTE="xXSecksXx"]

Deity_Slapper

Actually, it sounds like he's standing up for himself, and he's grown tired of persecution from others who have just as many or more flaws than he does.

Haha. So you're implying that he should take it out on the Christians that haven't done so to him?

InterpolWilco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#508 InterpolWilco
Member since 2005 • 2487 Posts
[QUOTE="xXSecksXx"]

Deity_Slapper

Wow, ok chill out. He didn't call you crazy for creating a religion thread, he's just SICK of religion threads cause they pop up all the time here and its always the same useless bickering.

You paint everybody with a broad brush, which is a ridiculous, immature thing to do. And if Christians are proud of their faith, so be it. If your proud of being an Atheist so be it. Either way I could give less.

I'm a Catholic. I won't deny it, I won't shove it down your throat, I respect your beliefs 100%, I won't preach to you, I won't even bring it up. ACTUALLY if you talked to me face to face, you'd probably have no idea, which is how MOST PEOPLE ARE! Yes there are extremists, but thats a small minority. I don't like extremists either, but they exist wherever you go. Thats life, you either laugh about it or it pisses you off. Me? I laugh at it and keep living my life. It only effects your life when you let it.

But as said, you paint everybody with this broad brush. Plus it sounds like you just hearing somebody say "I believe in God" irks you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#509 123625
Member since 2006 • 9035 Posts
[QUOTE="LikeHaterade"]

Deity_Slapper

What persecution? If he is being persecuted it is most likely from a small minority, and he should make it clear that it isn't all religion as a whole.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#510 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16042 Posts

So because one person is a hardcore religious folk, all are hardcore religious folk?

LikeHaterade

No. It's just that you shouldn't expect atheists to be "respectful" when most people make a big effort to show no respect. Why play the game when the other side doesn't play by the same rules?

I'm apparently immoral because I don't believe in god...and people want me to be respectful even if I get fed **** like that? what a load of bollocks.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#511 dracula_16

Then I guess you haven't heard news in two years or so.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#512 123625
[QUOTE="LikeHaterade"]

So because one person is a hardcore religious folk, all are hardcore religious folk?

dracula_16

No. It's just that you shouldn't expect atheists to be "respectful" when most people make a big effort to show no respect. Why play the game when the other side doesn't play by the same rules?

I'm apparently immoral because I don't believe in god...and people want me to be respectful even if I get fed **** like that? what a load of bollocks.

Who or what is calling you immoral? And the reason why people should respect each other is for common curtosy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#513 123625
[QUOTE="123625"]

dracula_16

Then I guess you haven't heard news in two years or so.

Obviously I haven't...

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#514 Deity_Slapper
[QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="LikeHaterade"]

LikeHaterade

Haha. So you're implying that he should take it out on the Christians that haven't done so to him?

I didn't see him say anything about revenge. I guess you don't understand that standing up for yourself falls under the category of defense, not offense. :roll:

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#515 dracula_16
[

Who or what is calling you immoral? And the reason why people should respect each other is for common curtosy.

Most of North America, and probably the rest of the world. Might have something to do with the fact that most people would never vote for an atheist to be president/prime minister. Might have something to do with the fact that I get asked what my purpose in life is. Might have something to do with the fact that George Bush senior said that atheists shouldn't even be considered US citizens. And so on and so on...

LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#516 LikeHaterade
[QUOTE="LikeHaterade"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="LikeHaterade"]

Deity_Slapper

I didn't see him say anything about revenge. I guess you don't understand that standing up for yourself falls under the category of defense, not offense. :roll:

Lol. Oh, I see. He's defending himself from Christians that weren't even attacking his beliefs. That makes perfect sense.....

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#517 Deity_Slapper

yeah. he's a pretty strange guy like that. I don't know why it's so important to him to think that he is undefeated in debating. That just shows you are close minded and not aware that sometimes you are wrong. I've debated and changed my mind about things many times and I definately don't see that as a weakness.NaiKoN9293

Exactly. Making mistakes is how we learn, and actually grow stronger. If he never makes mistakes, then I doubt anyone could ever learn much from him. What experience would he be speaking from? I don't understand how he fell under such a spell, but it's crippling him emotionally, apparently, as he can never bring himself to admit wrong...ever.

I assume that he feels to admit a mistake would hurt him in some manner (mostly just his ego), and his supposed superiority is simply a disguise that he wears in order to avoid the pain? Who knows. Maybe I don't even want to know...

It's beautiful to be flawed, I think. To be perfect, would be boring and robotic.

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#518 Deity_Slapper

Lol. Oh, I see. He's defending himself from Christians that weren't even attacking his beliefs. That makes perfect sense.....

LikeHaterade

Christians attack atheists all the time, son. :roll:

LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#519 LikeHaterade
[QUOTE="LikeHaterade"]

dracula_16

Alright, alright. Lets see the list of Gamespot users in the OT board that have shown you no respect for being an athiest. If you have one, then by all means defend yourself from them. I, as well as MANY MANY MANY Christians would expect atheists to be respectful, simply because those Christians are respectful to them. I wouldn't approve of a Christian bashing Atheism, or someone that believed in it, even though I'm a Christian.....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#520 123625
[QUOTE="123625"][

dracula_16

Most of North America, and probably the rest of the world. Might have something to do with the fact that most people would never vote for an atheist to be president/prime minister. Might have something to do with the fact that I get asked what my purpose in life is. Might have something to do with the fact that George Bush senior said that atheists shouldn't even be considered US citizens. And so on and so on...

While I know most of america is christian, I find it hard to beleive that most of them actively persecute you, and or call immoral. And do people actually come up to you and ask you what your purpose in life is?

InterpolWilco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#521 InterpolWilco
Member since 2005 • 2487 Posts
[QUOTE="123625"][

dracula_16

I've been on this earth for 23 years, and no one has ever asked me this.

Your completely judging this off what you think is everyone's perspective.

LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#522 LikeHaterade
[QUOTE="LikeHaterade"]

Deity_Slapper

Christians attack atheists all the time, son. :roll:

The only thing I see right now are atheists attacking Christians....You think that it isn't a wrong thing to bash Christians that haven't disrespected you, because other Christians have?

NaiKoN9293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#523 NaiKoN9293
Member since 2004 • 4102 Posts

[QUOTE="NaiKoN9293"]yeah. he's a pretty strange guy like that. I don't know why it's so important to him to think that he is undefeated in debating. That just shows you are close minded and not aware that sometimes you are wrong. I've debated and changed my mind about things many times and I definately don't see that as a weakness.Deity_Slapper

Exactly. Making mistakes is how we learn, and actually grow stronger. If he never makes mistakes, then I doubt anyone could ever learn much from him. What experience would he be speaking from? I don't understand how he fell under such a spell, but it's crippling him emotionally, apparently, as he can never bring himself to admit wrong...ever.

I assume that he feels to admit a mistake would hurt him in some manner (mostly just his ego), and his supposed superiority is simply a disguise that he wears in order to avoid the pain? Who knows. Maybe I don't even want to know...

It's beautiful to be flawed, I think. To be perfect, would be boring and robotic.

yeah. its hard to respect his opinion when it seems he has never really considered the possibility that he could be wrong about anyhting.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#524 dracula_16
[

Alright, alright. Lets see the list of Gamespot users in the OT board that have shown you no respect for being an athiest. If you have one, then by all means defend yourself from them. I, as well as MANY MANY MANY Christians would expect atheists to be respectful, simply because those Christians are respectful to them. I wouldn't approve of a Christian bashing Atheism, or someone that believed in it, even though I'm a Christian.....

LikeHaterade

It isn't respect on forums I'm concerned with. That's the least of my worries. blackregiment and silenthps are two examples.. since that's what you wanted.

The fact that people think I shouldn't be angry just makes me angrier. I don't have a problem with someone not liking me on forums. If you're interpreting this as some begging act to get pity then stop right there. I'm just stating why organised religions disgust me.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#525 dracula_16
[

While I know most of america is christian, I find it hard to beleive that most of them actively persecute you, and or call immoral. And do people actually come up to you and ask you what your purpose in life is?

They don't come up to me because I don't have a social life, but that's irrelevant.

LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#526 LikeHaterade
[QUOTE="LikeHaterade"][

dracula_16

It isn't respect on forums I'm concerned with. That's the least of my worries. blackregiment and silenthps are two examples.. since that's what you wanted.

The fact that people think I shouldn't be angry just makes me angrier. I don't have a problem with someone not liking me on forums. If you're interpreting this as some begging act to get pity then stop right there. I'm just stating why organised religions disgust me.

There you go again. Organized religions cannot disgust you because you're not talking about all organized religions. You should be angry if someone is disrespecting you, but it's so silly to be angry and take it out on other Christians that aren't disrespecting you. I interpreted you as someone that gets kicks out of talking down to Christians because they believe in something that you don't which is immature IMO. You should take your anger out on the Christians that are actually responsible...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#527 123625
[QUOTE="123625"][

dracula_16

They don't come up to me because I don't have a social life, but that's irrelevant.

So how did they ask you? Honestly i think you're generalising christians.

LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#528 LikeHaterade
[QUOTE="dracula_16"][QUOTE="123625"][

I think that's what a lot of athiests (Dracula, Slapper) do.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#529 dracula_16
[QUOTE="dracula_16"][QUOTE="123625"][

I wasn't specifically talking about Christianity. Islam is just as guilty.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#530 dracula_16

There you go again. Organized religions cannot disgust you because you're not talking about all organized religions. You should be angry if someone is disrespecting you, but it's so silly to be angry and take it out on other Christians that aren't disrespecting you. I interpreted you as someone that gets kicks out of talking down to Christians because they believe in something that you don't which is immature IMO. You should take your anger out on the Christians that are actually responsible...

LikeHaterade

You're taking it upon yourself to get offended. You weren't even listening to what I was saying.

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#531 Deity_Slapper
[QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"]

[QUOTE="NaiKoN9293"]yeah. he's a pretty strange guy like that. I don't know why it's so important to him to think that he is undefeated in debating. That just shows you are close minded and not aware that sometimes you are wrong. I've debated and changed my mind about things many times and I definately don't see that as a weakness.NaiKoN9293

yeah. its hard to respect his opinion when it seems he has never really considered the possibility that he could be wrong about anyhting.

You just nailed the bullseye.

Let's just hope that LJ read this post. Hopefully he can take it to heart, and start making some progress towards healing from such debilitating fear of being wrong. It's not such a bad thing, nor, as you said, a weakness. Ironically, the weakness lies within his fear of facing adversity, and growing/learning from an error. It's actually quite liberating to acquire lessons about life through trial and error. I know personally, I always feel like I'm adding to my overall strength, character, and just the history of who I am and where I've been. You become MORE as a person. Stronger. Smarter. BETTER.

I worry about people like LJ, because they allow their fear to be so dominant in every decision they make, that they may never experience how beautiful it is to truly feel human, flawed, and the invigorating experience of evolving as a creature.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#532 123625

I wasn't specifically talking about Christianity. Islam is just as guilty. dracula_16

Of what? What muslims have ever come up to asked you what your purpose in life is? What have muslims done that is just as bad as what christians have done? Honestly in your comunity how many people are against atheism and actively persecute the non religous? Actually better question, how many people in life, that you have met in life, force and preach their religion to you, and what religion are they apart of?

LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#533 LikeHaterade
[QUOTE="LikeHaterade"]

dracula_16

You're taking it upon yourself to get offended. You weren't even listening to what I was saying.

The negative things that you were saying were directed to "Christians."

I am a Christian.....That offends my belief.

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#534 Deity_Slapper
[QUOTE="dracula_16"][QUOTE="LikeHaterade"][

LikeHaterade

Holy crap, blind one. :roll:

It's because the people who bash him got their ideas and motivation from the belief system. I don't know why you would even try to deny it.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#535 dracula_16

[QUOTE="dracula_16"]I wasn't specifically talking about Christianity. Islam is just as guilty. 123625

Of what? What muslims have ever come up to asked you what your purpose in life is? What have muslims done that is just as bad as what christians have done? Honestly in your comunity how many people are against atheism and actively persecute the non religous? Actually better question, how many people in life, that you have met in life, force and preach their religion to you, and what religion are they apart of?

I already told you that my social life is irrelevant. I rarely even go outside.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#536 dracula_16
[

LikeHaterade

And you called me immature which offends me. The difference is that you directly insulted me and I didn't.

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#537 Deity_Slapper
[QUOTE="dracula_16"][QUOTE="LikeHaterade"]

LikeHaterade

Ha...you chose to be offended. And since it's clearly evident from your post that you didn't even think before deciding you were offended, this serves as proof that your religion actually trains you to act as if you're offended when anyone challenges what you believe (or what you think you believe).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#538 123625
[QUOTE="123625"]

[QUOTE="dracula_16"]I wasn't specifically talking about Christianity. Islam is just as guilty. dracula_16

That doesn't answer my question. I don't need to know of your social life to know how many people have persecuted you.

LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#539 LikeHaterade
[QUOTE="LikeHaterade"][

dracula_16

And you called me immature which offends me. The difference is that you directly insulted me and I didn't.

You blatanly insulted Christians in one of your previous posts. I am a Christian and found it offensive. How is that so hard to understand?

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#540 dracula_16
[QUOTE="dracula_16"][QUOTE="123625"]

[QUOTE="dracula_16"]I wasn't specifically talking about Christianity. Islam is just as guilty. 123625

That doesn't answer my question. I don't need to know of your social life to know how many people have persecuted you.

None, because nobody outside of my family even knows I'm an atheist. What they don't know won't hurt 'em.

LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#541 LikeHaterade
[QUOTE="LikeHaterade"][QUOTE="dracula_16"][QUOTE="LikeHaterade"][

Deity_Slapper

It's because the people who bash him got their ideas and motivation from the belief system. I don't know why you would even try to deny it.

How can that be. I don't bash athiests because of what they believe in so clearly, you don't know if that is true or not. That's just what you want to believe so you can justify your reasoning for bashing Christians. Lol I can easily deny it because I don't do it.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#542 dracula_16

You blatanly insulted Christians in one of your previous posts. I am a Christian and found it offensive. How is that so hard to understand?

LikeHaterade

Well I said that atheists aren't respected. If that offends you then go ahead and be offended.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#543 123625

None, because nobody outside of my family even knows I'm an atheist. What they don't know won't hurt 'em.

dracula_16

So what reason do you have to assume that most christians are against you? How can they call you immoral if "none" has offended or persecuted you? All I'm saying is don't generalise christians, because we don't all try to take over the world, or call everyone who isn't apart of our beleif "immoral".

LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#544 LikeHaterade
[QUOTE="LikeHaterade"]

dracula_16

Well I said that atheists aren't respected. If that offends you then go ahead and be offended.

You don't recall your previous posts about Christians disrespecting you because you're an athiest?

Vax45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#546 Vax45
Member since 2005 • 4834 Posts

Right. You don't bash them because of what THEY believe, you bash them because of what YOU believe. It's the way most christians are trained to treat atheists. The christains who bash atheists absorbed the hatred and motivation to bash atheists from the religion that they subscribe to. Being a former church-going christian myself, I know EXACTLY what kinds of lies are passed around about atheists. And now that I'm an atheist, all that negative talk is about me now. I know exactly how christians are TAUGHT TO FEEL about atheists, and even people from different religions.

Deity_Slapper

I was raised in a Catholic school for 8 years (turned athiest about 2 years after that). I do not recall ever being told to treat athiests or people of other religions that way.

LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#547 LikeHaterade
[QUOTE="LikeHaterade"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"]

Deity_Slapper

How can that be. I don't bash athiests because of what they believe in so clearly, you don't know if that is true or not. That's just what you want to believe so you can justify your reasoning for bashing Christians. Lol I can easily deny it because I don't do it.

Right. You don't bash them because of what THEY believe, you bash them because of what YOU believe. It's the way most christians are trained to treat atheists. The christains who bash atheists absorbed the hatred and motivation to bash atheists from the religion that they subscribe to. Being a former church-going christian myself, I know EXACTLY what kinds of lies are passed around about atheists. And now that I'm an atheist, all that negative talk is about me now. I know exactly how christians are TAUGHT TO FEEL about atheists, and even people from different religions.

Alright. Please find a post from me that shows me bashing an athiest because of what I believe in.

metaldude05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#548 metaldude05
Member since 2008 • 978 Posts

ive read alot of posts like this and none of them make any sense. to be honest i have prayed for the region your talking about alot and nothing big has happened..your right there. but i also have seen alot of good improvements. these are very small groups of people but nonetheless i have seen people go over there and build homes and feed these children and adults. my churchs childrens and youth groups sponsor children and affect there lives by giving them a little glimpse of hope. my personal opinion is that God is working over there. i dont understand why he doesnt help people on a greater scale. i have struggled with that but i still believe that prayer does work.

i guess to put prayer very simply. when you prayer you are asking God for something or to move in a certain area or way. there are two answers he can give...yes or no. sometimes the answer is no at first but from personal experience i have had prayers answered later rather than right at that moment.

The main thing is that just like i cannot prove to you that God exists or vice versa. You have proven nothing just like every other post ive read from you. this has no substance but ill intent to make christians look bad. to give you credit i have heard good points from you and have no problem debating with you or anyone about what i believe or you believe but this isnt even debatable its just an ignorant post in which the way it looks took little or no thought

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#549 dracula_16
[QUOTE="dracula_16"]

So what reason do you have to assume that most christians are against you? How can they call you immoral if "none" has offended or persecuted you? All I'm saying is don't generalise christians, because we don't all try to take over the world, or call everyone who isn't apart of our beleif "immoral".

I have a fear that people would want me dead. I'm not going to reveal being an atheist if I'm supposedly an abomination against everything god stands for.

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#550 Deity_Slapper

Alright. Please find a post from me that shows me bashing an athiest because of what I believe in.

LikeHaterade

1. I'm not going to scan your post history, I've got no time for that.

2. Just because you may not have typed anything that could be perceived as a bash, doesn't mean you don't feel like doing it, or harbor disdain towards atheists in your heart.

3. You may be too scared to bash an atheist, for fear of the backlash that you may not be able to endure, or fear of being banned for flaming.

Asking for me to post an example is pointless. Everyone knows what I mean when I talk about how christians are taught to think about atheists while in church. I know for a fact it was like that at my church, for years, and so I know damn well that other churches do it too. Some christians reading this right now may even know that their church has tried to encourage a general disdain, or lack of respect for atheists among their service-goers.