The death penalty, do you support it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
I don't support it, but I see it being necessary. I think we should just use a gun shot though because lethal injection can actually cause physical harm prior to death.
The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 The_Lipscomb
Member since 2013 • 2603 Posts

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="worlock77"]

It is about power and control. Sex is easy. Anyone can get sex if they really want it. Case in point: since you brought it up: roofies. What do roofies do? Render the victim powerless right? Completely at the control of the person who drugged them.

worlock77

If it was about power, they would not be sedating them but instead taking them by force. Same with Alcohol. Guys use that to get a girl so wasted that she has no idea what she was even doing or even remember. If sex was so easy, there would be no such thing as prostitutes. Sure. There are instances of rape for power but in most instances, they just want to get laid and a below average looking male can go years without sex unless its with somebody as disgusting looking as him. Most the time, rape for power is nothing more than feminist propaganda.

And how is sedating someone, thus removing any ability they have to resist, to rape them not taking them by force? Actually prostitutes were one of the things I had in mind when I said that anyone can get sex if they really want to. Simply put, if you want to get laid badly enough you can without raping someone.

Prostitution should be legal.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"] If it was about power, they would not be sedating them but instead taking them by force. Same with Alcohol. Guys use that to get a girl so wasted that she has no idea what she was even doing or even remember. If sex was so easy, there would be no such thing as prostitutes. Sure. There are instances of rape for power but in most instances, they just want to get laid and a below average looking male can go years without sex unless its with somebody as disgusting looking as him. Most the time, rape for power is nothing more than feminist propaganda.The_Lipscomb

And how is sedating someone, thus removing any ability they have to resist, to rape them not taking them by force? Actually prostitutes were one of the things I had in mind when I said that anyone can get sex if they really want to. Simply put, if you want to get laid badly enough you can without raping someone.

it is in some places

The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 The_Lipscomb
Member since 2013 • 2603 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"][QUOTE="worlock77"]

lostrib

it is in some places

I know, but it should be legeal in every state and other countries. I mean I would defeintly have no point in gaming girls.. I mean a blowjob for ten - twenty bucks? Sounds good to me.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

Doubtful. Rape is about power, not sex.

lostrib

Not always. Guys don't give girls roofies at frat parties for power. The whole power thing was created by feminists since they think male-female interaction is soley about power and control. Because of this, rape must also be about power and control. Rape as power provides a political tool for feminists. Dr Trayce Hansen says it best. "Finally, and most importantly, feminists strategically concluded that if rape was perceived as motivated only by sex, then it would be of limited political value, but if instead rape was seen as motivated by male desire to dominate and control women, then it could be used as a powerful political tool for radical cultural change. Specifically, feminists decided that if they could convince society that male domination was the rapists true motivation, then the end of rape would necessarily require an end to the traditional patriarchal culture said to support that domination. Rape would become the symbolic sword that radical feminists hoped would help them slay what they perceived as the evil dragon of traditional culturetheir ultimate sociopolitical objective."

That doctor also says that homosexuals are more likely to be pedophiles and that children of same sex parents face developmental problems and are most likely to become gay. And at one point when Hansen appeared as a witness in a custody trial dealing with a former lesbian and her partner, her testimony was dismissed as unqualified.

Doesn't matter. If rape was about power, attraction would be unassiciated. And most of the time before a date rape occours, the attacker has tried everything just to get on the girls pants with rape being the final option. And rape rarely ever happens to unattractive females.
Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Murderstyle75

It is about power and control. Sex is easy. Anyone can get sex if they really want it. Case in point: since you brought it up: roofies. What do roofies do? Render the victim powerless right? Completely at the control of the person who drugged them.

worlock77

If it was about power, they would not be sedating them but instead taking them by force. Same with Alcohol. Guys use that to get a girl so wasted that she has no idea what she was even doing or even remember. If sex was so easy, there would be no such thing as prostitutes. Sure. There are instances of rape for power but in most instances, they just want to get laid and a below average looking male can go years without sex unless its with somebody as disgusting looking as him. Most the time, rape for power is nothing more than feminist propaganda.

And yet prostitutes that most people could afford are skanky, toothless crack whores. Sex with an attractive woman through prostitution requires lots of money. Hundreds up to thousands of dollars. The Bunny Ranch charges 1500 to 3000 an hour for most girls. Mediocre looking girls cost between 400 and 500 an hour. Something your average collage date rapist just does not have.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"] If it was about power, they would not be sedating them but instead taking them by force. Same with Alcohol. Guys use that to get a girl so wasted that she has no idea what she was even doing or even remember. If sex was so easy, there would be no such thing as prostitutes. Sure. There are instances of rape for power but in most instances, they just want to get laid and a below average looking male can go years without sex unless its with somebody as disgusting looking as him. Most the time, rape for power is nothing more than feminist propaganda.The_Lipscomb

Absolutely.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Fightingfan
We can't allow prostitution guys because that puts women in a position of power, and we can't have that.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"] Not always. Guys don't give girls roofies at frat parties for power. The whole power thing was created by feminists since they think male-female interaction is soley about power and control. Because of this, rape must also be about power and control. Rape as power provides a political tool for feminists. Dr Trayce Hansen says it best. "Finally, and most importantly, feminists strategically concluded that if rape was perceived as motivated only by sex, then it would be of limited political value, but if instead rape was seen as motivated by male desire to dominate and control women, then it could be used as a powerful political tool for radical cultural change. Specifically, feminists decided that if they could convince society that male domination was the rapists true motivation, then the end of rape would necessarily require an end to the traditional patriarchal culture said to support that domination. Rape would become the symbolic sword that radical feminists hoped would help them slay what they perceived as the evil dragon of traditional culturetheir ultimate sociopolitical objective."Murderstyle75

That doctor also says that homosexuals are more likely to be pedophiles and that children of same sex parents face developmental problems and are most likely to become gay. And at one point when Hansen appeared as a witness in a custody trial dealing with a former lesbian and her partner, her testimony was dismissed as unqualified.

Doesn't matter. If rape was about power, attraction would be unassiciated. And most of the time before a date rape occours, the attacker has tried everything just to get on the girls pants with rape being the final option. And rape rarely ever happens to unattractive females.

Actually it's more likely that someone will be raped by someone they know rather than a stranger.  Are you just pulling these things out of your ass because want them to be true or you think they're some feminist conspiracy?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 lostrib

We can't allow prostitution guys because that puts women in a position of power, and we can't have that. Fightingfan

how does it put women in a position of power?

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Fightingfan

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]We can't allow prostitution guys because that puts women in a position of power, and we can't have that. lostrib

Money.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]We can't allow prostitution guys because that puts women in a position of power, and we can't have that. Fightingfan

Money.

Not if guys own the brothel

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Fightingfan

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="lostrib"]

lostrib

Money.

True, We could just make women 2nd class again.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"] Money.Fightingfan

True, We could just make women 2nd class again.

Whichever class makes the sandwiches

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Murderstyle75

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="lostrib"]

lostrib

Actually it's more likely that someone will be raped by someone they know rather than a stranger.  Are you just pulling these things out of your ass because want them to be true or you think they're some feminist conspiracy?

It's common sense. If a man wi willing to spend thousands of dollars on sex, why wouldn't a sexual devient take it for free? Funny how rape is only about power when do many date rapes occour where the girl has no idea what is happening and there is no physical force besides sexual penetration. Not sure about your circle of friends but when mine go out to the bar on a Friday night, they are all hoping to get laid. Problem is, some sick people take this to extremes. It should be pretty clear to most men, who experience the 'male kind' of sexual desire firsthand and to women who are the targets of that desire, that men are willing to do a lot of things to get laid the consentual way. Lying is not uncommon, nor is uninvited touching in bars and at concerts. Why is it so hard to imagine that a man would be capable of going beyond mental force to use physical force to satisfy the strong desires he has? If you think I'm making this up that rape is not always about power, I suggest you look up the article called An Interplay of Individual Motivations and Sociocultural Factors Predisposing Men to Acts of Rape in Kenya. The people they studied were convicted rapists in jail. 72 guys were interviewed face-to-face.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 worlock77

It's common sense. If a man wi willing to spend thousands of dollars on sex, why wouldn't a sexual devient take it for free? Funny how rape is only about power when do many date rapes occour where the girl has no idea what is happening and there is no physical force besides sexual penetration.Murderstyle75

Again, how do you figure it's not about power when the victim has been rendered completely powerless?

MrsSolidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 MrsSolidSnake
Member since 2009 • 5003 Posts

I'd rather them be miserable for the rest of their lives in jail.

Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#118 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

The death penalty offers roughly zero benefits to modern human society, so naturally I wouldn't support it.

NWikipedia: N is the fourteenth letter in the ISO basic Latin alphabet.

lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#119 lo_Pine
Member since 2012 • 4978 Posts

The death penalty offers roughly zero benefits to modern human society, so naturally I wouldn't support it.

NWikipedia: N is the fourteenth letter in the ISO basic Latin alphabet.

Barbariser
How do you figure that?
Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Murderstyle75

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"] It's common sense. If a man wi willing to spend thousands of dollars on sex, why wouldn't a sexual devient take it for free? Funny how rape is only about power when do many date rapes occour where the girl has no idea what is happening and there is no physical force besides sexual penetration.worlock77

Again, how do you figure it's not about power when the victim has been rendered completely powerless?

Because the intent is to get off. I mean c'mon. With all the sexual shit in this world people get off from, sex either against a persons will or without their knowledge couldn't possibly be one of them? Gimme a break.
STAR_Admiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 STAR_Admiral
Member since 2006 • 1119 Posts
[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"] If it was about power, they would not be sedating them but instead taking them by force. Same with Alcohol. Guys use that to get a girl so wasted that she has no idea what she was even doing or even remember. If sex was so easy, there would be no such thing as prostitutes. Sure. There are instances of rape for power but in most instances, they just want to get laid and a below average looking male can go years without sex unless its with somebody as disgusting looking as him. Most the time, rape for power is nothing more than feminist propaganda.Murderstyle75

And yet prostitutes that most people could afford are skanky, toothless crack whores. Sex with an attractive woman through prostitution requires lots of money. Hundreds up to thousands of dollars. The Bunny Ranch charges 1500 to 3000 an hour for most girls. Mediocre looking girls cost between 400 and 500 an hour. Something your average collage date rapist just does not have.

Those high prices are due to a tight market and it being legal in very few places creating a very low supply of legal prostitution. It countries where it is legal throughout the country such as Germany, you can get the same girl that would cost $1500/hour in the US for about 100 Euro/hour in germany. IT surely would create one hell of a business if it suddenly became legal in the United states
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"] It's common sense. If a man wi willing to spend thousands of dollars on sex, why wouldn't a sexual devient take it for free? Funny how rape is only about power when do many date rapes occour where the girl has no idea what is happening and there is no physical force besides sexual penetration.Murderstyle75

Because the intent is to get off. I mean c'mon. With all the sexual shit in this world people get off from, sex either against a persons will or without their knowledge couldn't possibly be one of them? Gimme a break.

There's more than just getting off involved there. Again, that's easy. There's lots of avenues one can persue if one just wants to get off. Rape is about forcing your will on someone else.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

I'd rather them be miserable for the rest of their lives in jail.

MrsSolidSnake

So, torturing them is a "better" option?

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#124 sexyweapons
Member since 2009 • 5302 Posts

The death penalty offers roughly zero benefits to modern human society

Barbariser

Criminals in general don't tend to...

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

No. There could be wrong convictions, it' s more costly and furthermore I don' t believe anyone should have the right to decide whether someone gets to live or not.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 N30F3N1X

No. There could be wrong convictions, it' s more costly and furthermore I don' t believe anyone should have the right to decide whether someone gets to live or not.

johnd13

Locking someone behind bars for the rest of his life is "living" to you?

Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#127 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

[QUOTE="Barbariser"]

lo_Pine

How do you figure that?

Let's see, no proven statistical effect on crime rates (or, if there is an effect, it isn't noticeably larger than the effect of life imprisonment), requires a high level of expense (in many cases, greater than the expense of life imprisonment) to minimize the possibility of execution of innocents and still has considerable risk of execution of innocents. Considering that "killing very bad guys because they are very bad" doesn't actually help anyone in anyway, it can easily be concluded that the death penalty doesn't offer any advantages whatsoever over life imprisonment.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 johnd13

[QUOTE="johnd13"]

N30F3N1X

Locking someone behind bars for the rest of his life is "living" to you?

Technically it is. And it' s not like they don' t deserve it(take for example all those mass murderers). After all killing them will never give them the chance to actually consider their actions(if possible) and seek repentance.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 N30F3N1X

Technically it is. And it' s not like they don' t deserve it(take for example all those mass murderers). After all killing them will never give them the chance to actually consider their actions(if possible) and seek repentance.

johnd13

"Technically"? Don't make me laugh.

You support killing a person by both preventing him to live and preventing him from dying rather than just killing him and be done with it...sounds cruel to me. Also what good is allowing them to seek repentance if they are not given the chance to do something right?

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 johnd13

[QUOTE="johnd13"]

N30F3N1X

"Technically"? Don't make me laugh.

You support killing a person by both preventing him to live and preventing him from dying rather than just killing him and be done with it...sounds cruel to me. Also what good is allowing them to seek repentance if they are not given the chance to do something right?

If they would prefer to die rather than live the rest of their lives in a cell then it' s their choice and only theirs. I wouldn' t have a problem with that. I' m arguing that other people(authorities) should not have that power.

And the fact that they' re not given a chance to do sth right stems from the penitentiary system itself. Which let' s face it sucks.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 N30F3N1X

If they would prefer to die rather than live the rest of their lives in a cell then it' s their choice and only theirs. I wouldn' t have a problem with that. I' m arguing that other people(authorities) should not have that power.

And the fact that they' re not given a chance to do sth right stems from the penitentiary system itself. Which let' s face it sucks.

johnd13

I had not considered giving the choice to the individual after sentencing him to jail for life. In that scenario I could definitely share your position.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

Barbariser

Of course it does, tax payers no longer have to spend money housing the scum of the earth.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

[QUOTE="Barbariser"]

GD1551

Of course it does, tax payers no longer have to spend money housing the scum of the earth.

Except that a death row inmate costs more taxpayer money than someone who's in prison for life.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts
[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="Barbariser"]

PannicAtack

Except that a death row inmate costs more taxpayer money than someone who's in prison for life.

The Appeals process does....if we eliminate that the cost goes down....
Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Rich3232
Member since 2012 • 2628 Posts
[QUOTE="PannicAtack"][QUOTE="GD1551"]

LJS9502_basic

Sure, but at the cost of more innocent lives.
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
[QUOTE="PannicAtack"][QUOTE="GD1551"]

LJS9502_basic

Which would probably result in more wrongful executions.
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="PannicAtack"] Except that a death row inmate costs more taxpayer money than someone who's in prison for life.PannicAtack

Limit it to one or two appeals, simple enough.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="PannicAtack"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="PannicAtack"] Except that a death row inmate costs more taxpayer money than someone who's in prison for life.

Just out of curiosity what percentage of appeals have changed guilt. Generally the appeals process deals with the court proceeding itself.
Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Rich3232

[QUOTE="PannicAtack"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] The Appeals process does....if we eliminate that the cost goes down....GD1551

That does fvck all. There have been many cases where a death row prisoner was exonerated decades later.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"] Doesn't matter. If rape was about power, attraction would be unassiciated. And most of the time before a date rape occours, the attacker has tried everything just to get on the girls pants with rape being the final option. And rape rarely ever happens to unattractive females.Murderstyle75

It's common sense. If a man wi willing to spend thousands of dollars on sex, why wouldn't a sexual devient take it for free? Funny how rape is only about power when do many date rapes occour where the girl has no idea what is happening and there is no physical force besides sexual penetration. Not sure about your circle of friends but when mine go out to the bar on a Friday night, they are all hoping to get laid. Problem is, some sick people take this to extremes. It should be pretty clear to most men, who experience the 'male kind' of sexual desire firsthand and to women who are the targets of that desire, that men are willing to do a lot of things to get laid the consentual way. Lying is not uncommon, nor is uninvited touching in bars and at concerts. Why is it so hard to imagine that a man would be capable of going beyond mental force to use physical force to satisfy the strong desires he has? If you think I'm making this up that rape is not always about power, I suggest you look up the article called An Interplay of Individual Motivations and Sociocultural Factors Predisposing Men to Acts of Rape in Kenya. The people they studied were convicted rapists in jail. 72 guys were interviewed face-to-face.

You are serioulsy just pulling stuff out of your ass

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="PannicAtack"] Which would probably result in more wrongful executions.Rich3232

That does fvck all. There have been many cases where a death row prisoner was exonerated decades later.

That was before the prevalence of DNA evidence which now can exonerate at trail. Next. Though what percentage is a many?
Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Rich3232

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="lostrib"]

lostrib

You are serioulsy just pulling stuff out of your ass

He does that quite a bit. Seems to think that his logic/anecdotal evidence beats all others, even the studies/research/etc of experts in those fields.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 lostrib

[QUOTE="PannicAtack"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] The Appeals process does....if we eliminate that the cost goes down....LJS9502_basic

Just out of curiosity what percentage of appeals have changed guilt. Generally the appeals process deals with the court proceeding itself.

A lot of the cost comes from needing to house inmates on deathrow

Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Rich3232
[QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="GD1551"]

LJS9502_basic

That was before the prevalence of DNA evidence which now can exonerate at trail. Next. Though what percentage is a many?

Despite what many like to think, most prisoners are convicted/jailed not on the basis of dna, but on the basis of other things. Any innocent person put to death is one too many for me.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="PannicAtack"] Which would probably result in more wrongful executions.lostrib

Inmates are housed and cost money. But the findings on imprisonment over death row have always found the court process to be the expense.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Rich3232"] That does fvck all. There have been many cases where a death row prisoner was exonerated decades later.

Despite what many like to think, most prisoners are convicted/jailed not on the basis of dna, but on the basis of other things. Any innocent person put to death is one too many for me.

Then using that logic we should not incarcerate anyone because one innocent person jailed is one too many.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Just out of curiosity what percentage of appeals have changed guilt. Generally the appeals process deals with the court proceeding itself.LJS9502_basic

Inmates are housed and cost money. But the findings on imprisonment over death row have always found the court process to be the expense.

In california alone, it costs aroun 60 million dollars extra, and since CA has only executed like 27 people, most of the deathrow inmates will end up dying in prison anyways

Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Rich3232
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] That was before the prevalence of DNA evidence which now can exonerate at trail. Next. Though what percentage is a many?

Then using that logic we should not incarcerate anyone because one innocent person jailed is one too many.

False equivalency fallacy. A jailed person is still alive, and has a chance. One killed never does.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Rich3232"] Despite what many like to think, most prisoners are convicted/jailed not on the basis of dna, but on the basis of other things. Any innocent person put to death is one too many for me.

False equivalency fallacy. A jailed person is still alive, and has a chance. One killed never does.

Has a chance for what? To be caged and removed from society? Some things that can happen to inmates...death, either natural or violent, loss of family, loss of revenue, saddled with convict if they are released and thus unable to get good jobs, learning only trades that increase criminal prosecution possibilities...ie criminal activities, or of course, being in jail for life. I don't know about you...but I don't see that as a chance or a positive for an innocent person. Quality of life is important.
Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Rich3232
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Then using that logic we should not incarcerate anyone because one innocent person jailed is one too many.

Has a chance for what? To be caged and removed from society? Some things that can happen to inmates...death, either natural or violent, loss of family, loss of revenue, saddled with convict if they are released and thus unable to get good jobs, learning only trades that increase criminal prosecution possibilities...ie criminal activities, or of course, being in jail for life. I don't know about you...but I don't see that as a chance or a positive for an innocent person. Quality of life is important.

Yes quality of life is important, and I don't know about you. but being dead is not really a good life. It's not even a life.