The death penalty, do you support it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#51 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
Only under certain circumstances. The person being executed must be a big time criminal who controls cartels, gangs, or other organized crime syndicates/groups. Only other time I see it being ok to use is if a maniac goes out of his way to kill 10+ people and shows 0 remorse for doing it. AND there must be ABSOLUTE evidence that he did it. If those conditions are met, he must be executed IMMEDIATELY. No long waiting period....
Groovilicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Groovilicious
Member since 2004 • 72 Posts

As someone who is somewhat strongly liberal I am for the death penalty as it is (or how it is currently protrayed as) implimented.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

No, I don't support it. 

Jazz_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Jazz_Fan
Member since 2008 • 29516 Posts

Only if I choose who gets executed.

Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts
I do not support capital punishment. I support more laxed consenquences to self defense that result in the death of the aggressor however. Save the taxpayers tons of money and get rid of a compromised individual. Works right?
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#56 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Yes. Some people don't deserve life. I also believe in cutting down the time it takes to get rid of those who deserve it.

Mind you, this is for rare occasions.

The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 The_Lipscomb
Member since 2013 • 2603 Posts

No.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#59 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Only in extreme circumstances.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

If its proved beyond any sort of doubt that the person did it, then I support it. NEWMAHAY

Presumably anybody convicted has had their guilt proved beyond doubt. So how is that any different from the system we have in place now?

The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 The_Lipscomb

Only in extreme circumstances.

sonicare
This is probably the best answer.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
No.. It's a waste of time and money.. It costs exponentially more money to press for a death penalty charge then housing them for a life sentence with out parole.. The threat of the death penalty does not act as a effective deterrent statistically.. States with the death penalty are not some how safer to live in.. We have had innocent people executed.. And finally, the death penalty does not bring the victims back... The only benefit I have seen with it is having the DA force plea bargains with the accused in pleading guilty with a lesser sentence (life instead of death penalty).. Even then though you could argue the DA could bully a accused that is innocent with it..
The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 The_Lipscomb

Between killing these people and letting them have the easy way out.. and the possiblity of you convicting the wrong person.. The death penalty isn't worh it.. and it costs less to keep them in jail than to exectute them.. Or am I wrong?.. I think I'm right.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts
I don't support it as long as there are innocent people sitting on death row. And besides. Life in prison is much worse. Somebody pointed out earlier that some people enjoy prison. But do they really enjoy it in segregated isolation? Hell. In Cali, the average wait time is 20 years. Guilty or innocent, death will come as a blessing after spending that long in an isolated cage.
The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 The_Lipscomb
I don't support it as long as there are innocent people sitting on death row. And besides. Life in prison is much worse. Somebody pointed out earlier that some people enjoy prison. But do they really enjoy it in segregated isolation? Hell. In Cali, the average wait time is 20 years. Guilty or innocent, death will come as a blessing after spending that long in an isolated cage.Murderstyle75
Pretty much.. I would rather die, than sit in an isolated cell for 50 plus years.. Talk about torture..
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"]I don't support it as long as there are innocent people sitting on death row. And besides. Life in prison is much worse. Somebody pointed out earlier that some people enjoy prison. But do they really enjoy it in segregated isolation? Hell. In Cali, the average wait time is 20 years. Guilty or innocent, death will come as a blessing after spending that long in an isolated cage.The_Lipscomb
Pretty much.. I would rather die, than sit in an isolated cell for 50 plus years.. Talk about torture..

How do you know they sit in isolation? What are privileges felons have? A few US states even allow conjugal visits.

lilasianwonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 lilasianwonder
Member since 2007 • 5982 Posts

I'm kinda meh on it.

The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 The_Lipscomb

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"][QUOTE="Murderstyle75"]I don't support it as long as there are innocent people sitting on death row. And besides. Life in prison is much worse. Somebody pointed out earlier that some people enjoy prison. But do they really enjoy it in segregated isolation? Hell. In Cali, the average wait time is 20 years. Guilty or innocent, death will come as a blessing after spending that long in an isolated cage.jun_aka_pekto

How do you know they sit in isolation? What are privileges felons have? A few US states even allow conjugal visits.

I don't know. You are right, what are the priveleges felons have?
dissonantblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#69 dissonantblack
Member since 2005 • 34009 Posts

Yes. i am very supportive of it. 

The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 The_Lipscomb

Yes. i am very supportive of it. 

dissonantblack
Why?
sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#71 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

A life for a life seems fair. There needs to be greater penalties for petty theft etc as well, I like how in some countries, if you are caught theiving you get a hand chopped off. Real consequences need to be in effect.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Murderstyle75
Most death row inmates spend 23 hours in isolation. a few states are slightly less and a couple are slightly more. NC is the only state that treats them like Gen Pop inmates with only 8 hours in their cell. http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/documents/DeathRowConditions.xls
Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts

A life for a life seems fair. There needs to be greater penalties for petty theft etc as well, I like how in some countries, if you are caught theiving you get a hand chopped off. Real consequences need to be in effect.

sailor232

eb6.jpg?1307463786

The__Kraken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 The__Kraken
Member since 2012 • 858 Posts

No. I do not support the killing of people. Especially considering our "justice system" and its flaws. And never mind tampering with witnesses, how terrible "eyewitness" testimony generally is, and pressuring witnesses to point a specific person out in a line up, etc...

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 worlock77

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"][QUOTE="Murderstyle75"]I don't support it as long as there are innocent people sitting on death row. And besides. Life in prison is much worse. Somebody pointed out earlier that some people enjoy prison. But do they really enjoy it in segregated isolation? Hell. In Cali, the average wait time is 20 years. Guilty or innocent, death will come as a blessing after spending that long in an isolated cage.jun_aka_pekto

Privileges in prison must be earned. You don't get them just because you're in prison. Having a TV in your cell, for instance, is a privilege rewarded for good behavior. You have to earn it (and often the prisoner must put a deposit on it with their own money).

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 worlock77

sailor232

That's a brilliant f*cking idea. Disable the person so that they're sure to never be able to earn an honest living for themselves.

lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#77 lo_Pine
Member since 2012 • 4978 Posts

[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"] Pretty much.. I would rather die, than sit in an isolated cell for 50 plus years.. Talk about torture..worlock77

Privileges in prison must be earned. You don't get them just because you're in prison. Having a TV in your cell, for instance, is a privilege rewarded for good behavior. You have to earn it (and often the prisoner must put a deposit on it with their own money).

A convicted murderer should have all of his money taken away once he was sentenced.
The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 The_Lipscomb

[QUOTE="sailor232"]

worlock77

That's a brilliant f*cking idea. Disable the person so that they're sure to never be able to earn an honest living for themselves.

You rape somebody... your dick gets cut off.. Well, I have to agreee.. that probably would lower rape .. who knows.. lol.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="sailor232"]

The_Lipscomb

You rape somebody... your dick gets cut off.. Well, I have to agreee.. that probably would lower rape .. who knows.. lol.

You think people can't rape without a penis?

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#80 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

Think of Adam Lanza, the Newtown shooter. He shot and killed 20 children. If he had not committed suicide, he would most likely have gotten the death penalty. Would you really want somebody like this to be kept alive? Anyone with a brain would say no.

Primordialous
Actually lots of people would, just to torture him.
The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 The_Lipscomb

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"][QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

I don't know.. can they? Explain it to me, I must be uniformed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"][QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

I do have to admit, Would make things a little tougher. No little general saluting and all that.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"] You rape somebody... your dick gets cut off.. Well, I have to agreee.. that probably would lower rape .. who knows.. lol.sonicare

I do have to admit, Would make things a little tougher. No little general saluting and all that.

Good logic......if you disregard all the people who use various objects (bottles, pipes, etc) in the rapes they commit, and if you disregard all the female rapists out there.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

[QUOTE="sonicare"][QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

Good logic......if you disregard all the people who use various objects (bottles, pipes, etc) in the rapes they commit, and if you disregard all the female rapists out there.

True, but I think most rapes in this country are likely committed using the johnson.
Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts
Yes, I am for it, but only in extreme instances such as mass murder, raping/killing of children. I don't see why the state should continue to feed degenerates that clearly have, and will never have any place in society. And trust me, I'm all for prison rehabilitation and all that, but some people are beyond rehabilitation. They're a lost cause.
The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 The_Lipscomb
[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="sonicare"] I do have to admit, Would make things a little tougher. No little general saluting and all that.sonicare

True, but I think most rapes in this country are likely committed using the johnson.

If anything it would lower.. Nobody here is saying it's going to stop all rape.. but being dickless is sure to make some sort of impact.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

The_Lipscomb

If anything it would lower.. Nobody here is saying it's going to stop all rape.. but being dickless is sure to make some sort of impact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8WkOHdpifc dickless
The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 The_Lipscomb

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"][QUOTE="sonicare"] True, but I think most rapes in this country are likely committed using the johnson.sonicare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8WkOHdpifc dickless

:lol:

You know what's crazy.. I have never seen that movie before.. Along with the Lion King.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 worlock77

The_Lipscomb

Doubtful. Rape is about power, not sex.

The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 The_Lipscomb

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"][QUOTE="sonicare"] True, but I think most rapes in this country are likely committed using the johnson.worlock77

Sure, why not?

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Murderstyle75

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"][QUOTE="sonicare"] True, but I think most rapes in this country are likely committed using the johnson.worlock77

Not always. Guys don't give girls roofies at frat parties for power. The whole power thing was created by feminists since they think male-female interaction is soley about power and control. Because of this, rape must also be about power and control. Rape as power provides a political tool for feminists. Dr Trayce Hansen says it best. "Finally, and most importantly, feminists strategically concluded that if rape was perceived as motivated only by sex, then it would be of limited political value, but if instead rape was seen as motivated by male desire to dominate and control women, then it could be used as a powerful political tool for radical cultural change. Specifically, feminists decided that if they could convince society that male domination was the rapists true motivation, then the end of rape would necessarily require an end to the traditional patriarchal culture said to support that domination. Rape would become the symbolic sword that radical feminists hoped would help them slay what they perceived as the evil dragon of traditional culturetheir ultimate sociopolitical objective."
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

Yeah, depends on the situation, only internet kids don't support it. They get all their morals from the liberal circle jerk on the internet.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"] If anything it would lower.. Nobody here is saying it's going to stop all rape.. but being dickless is sure to make some sort of impact.Murderstyle75

Not always. Guys don't give girls roofies at frat parties for power. The whole power thing was created by feminists since they think male-female interaction is soley about power and control. Because of this, rape must also be about power and control. Rape as power provides a political tool for feminists. Dr Trayce Hansen says it best. "Finally, and most importantly, feminists strategically concluded that if rape was perceived as motivated only by sex, then it would be of limited political value, but if instead rape was seen as motivated by male desire to dominate and control women, then it could be used as a powerful political tool for radical cultural change. Specifically, feminists decided that if they could convince society that male domination was the rapists true motivation, then the end of rape would necessarily require an end to the traditional patriarchal culture said to support that domination. Rape would become the symbolic sword that radical feminists hoped would help them slay what they perceived as the evil dragon of traditional culturetheir ultimate sociopolitical objective."

It is about power and control. Sex is easy. Anyone can get sex if they really want it. Case in point: since you brought it up: roofies. What do roofies do? Render the victim powerless right? Completely at the control of the person who drugged them.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 worlock77

Yeah, depends on the situation, only internet kids don't support it. They get all their morals from the liberal circle jerk on the internet.

GD1551

Yeah, just like all those Christian priests and ministers who oppose the death penalty huh?

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

worlock77

Yeah, just like all those Christian priests and ministers who oppose the death penalty huh?

Doesn't matter, they are a minority. The rest are a bunch of kids.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Murderstyle75

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

It is about power and control. Sex is easy. Anyone can get sex if they really want it. Case in point: since you brought it up: roofies. What do roofies do? Render the victim powerless right? Completely at the control of the person who drugged them.

If it was about power, they would not be sedating them but instead taking them by force. Same with Alcohol. Guys use that to get a girl so wasted that she has no idea what she was even doing or even remember. If sex was so easy, there would be no such thing as prostitutes. Sure. There are instances of rape for power but in most instances, they just want to get laid and a below average looking male can go years without sex unless its with somebody as disgusting looking as him. Most the time, rape for power is nothing more than feminist propaganda.
Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Murderstyle75
and if rape werent about sex or attraction, wed see heterosexual men in non war-torn provinces trying to rape other men. Rather than raping a small young woman, the rapist would shirk his heterosexual bent and rape a slightly larger young man. After all, sex has nothing to do with a rapists motives. The act is completely separate from any activity going on in the mans loins. if were talking solely about power, a man raping the strongest male he could possibly force himself on would beget the most power. But instead, most rape victims are young and ATTRACTIVE females.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"] Not always. Guys don't give girls roofies at frat parties for power. The whole power thing was created by feminists since they think male-female interaction is soley about power and control. Because of this, rape must also be about power and control. Rape as power provides a political tool for feminists. Dr Trayce Hansen says it best. "Finally, and most importantly, feminists strategically concluded that if rape was perceived as motivated only by sex, then it would be of limited political value, but if instead rape was seen as motivated by male desire to dominate and control women, then it could be used as a powerful political tool for radical cultural change. Specifically, feminists decided that if they could convince society that male domination was the rapists true motivation, then the end of rape would necessarily require an end to the traditional patriarchal culture said to support that domination. Rape would become the symbolic sword that radical feminists hoped would help them slay what they perceived as the evil dragon of traditional culturetheir ultimate sociopolitical objective."Murderstyle75

If it was about power, they would not be sedating them but instead taking them by force. Same with Alcohol. Guys use that to get a girl so wasted that she has no idea what she was even doing or even remember. If sex was so easy, there would be no such thing as prostitutes. Sure. There are instances of rape for power but in most instances, they just want to get laid and a below average looking male can go years without sex unless its with somebody as disgusting looking as him. Most the time, rape for power is nothing more than feminist propaganda.

And how is sedating someone, thus removing any ability they have to resist, to rape them not taking them by force? Actually prostitutes were one of the things I had in mind when I said that anyone can get sex if they really want to. Simply put, if you want to get laid badly enough you can without raping someone.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 worlock77

and if rape werent about sex or attraction, wed see heterosexual men in non war-torn provinces trying to rape other men. Murderstyle75

That actually happens quite a lot.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"] If anything it would lower.. Nobody here is saying it's going to stop all rape.. but being dickless is sure to make some sort of impact.Murderstyle75

That doctor also says that homosexuals are more likely to be pedophiles and that children of same sex parents face developmental problems and are most likely to become gay. And at one point when Hansen appeared as a witness in a custody trial dealing with a former lesbian and her partner, her testimony was dismissed as unqualified.