Texas Attorney General: Democrats More Dangerous Than Kim Jong Un/NK

• 157 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 frannkzappa
Member since 2012 • 3003 Posts

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"]The political class as a whole (not just Dems) are absolutely more of a threat to Americans than Kim Jong UnRhazakna

I've been saying that for 5 pages. -.-

Yeah, but you're an openly admitted fascist, so who cares?

i'm not quite a fascist, but i see you still use the term like it's a dirty word.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"][QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

frannkzappa

i'm not quite a fascist, but i see you still use the term like it's a dirty word.

What is clean about using violence to control people?
frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] Yes on average an intelligent man will be more competent ruling than an idiot. What is your point? No one is advocating having the mentally disabled become authoritarian dictators. Someone being knowledgeable within a specific discipline is no reason for him to rule the lives of others. There is no logical connection between that. You argument exists on the assumption that there has to be a ruler, that people cannot be allowed to be free to live their own lives without coercion (or the threat of it). Technocracy is just another excuse to hold a gun to someone's head.Laihendi

Well in the system i support the federal government while being several magnitudes larger and more powerful will lack a point of centralized power, thus removing most of the possibility of a tyrant (i do not advocate tyrants). legislative decisions will be made by small groups of trained professionals who only have power in their own field. this system would completely remove the idea of popular elections. For example only economists have any say in matters of the economy, only medical professionals will have any say on medical legislation and only experienced and proven military officials will be able to vote on military matters.

This system aims to remove both the common man and the politician (as well as politics) from government.

So if you have a better understanding of economics then your neighbor, you have a right to control his finances? If you have a better understanding of medicine, then you have a right to determine what drugs/vaccines he is forced to take? There is no logical connection between knowledge within a discipline and authority to control someone's life. Those are two completely different things that are not relevant to each other at all. Again, this is just another excuse to control someone at the point of a gun.

How is that any worse then a system in which alot of idiots vote for a few bigger richer idiots who then go on to make laws and legislation (which affect everyone) about things that they don't even understand?

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts

frannkzappa

No,I don't think of fascism as something special in any sense, good or bad. I've had a lot of experience interacting with people on the "alternative right" (as they call it), many of whom are essentially neo-fascists (though, like you, they don't like that term). Most of their ideas are pretty mundane, though they're still radicals considering the narrow range of the modern political lexicon.
frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"] Yeah, but you're an openly admitted fascist, so who cares?Laihendi

What is clean about using violence to control people?

You act as if violence is a given. I don't think it is.

frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"] Yeah, but you're an openly admitted fascist, so who cares?Rhazakna

No,I don't think of fascism as something special in any sense, good or bad. I've had a lot of experience interacting with people on the "alternative right" (as they call it), many of whom are essentially neo-fascists (though, like you, they don't like that term). Most of their ideas are pretty mundane, though they're still radicals considering the narrow range of the modern political lexicon.

i'm actualy a moderate with leftist tendencies.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

Well in the system i support the federal government while being several magnitudes larger and more powerful will lack a point of centralized power, thus removing most of the possibility of a tyrant (i do not advocate tyrants). legislative decisions will be made by small groups of trained professionals who only have power in their own field. this system would completely remove the idea of popular elections. For example only economists have any say in matters of the economy, only medical professionals will have any say on medical legislation and only experienced and proven military officials will be able to vote on military matters.

This system aims to remove both the common man and the politician (as well as politics) from government.

frannkzappa

So if you have a better understanding of economics then your neighbor, you have a right to control his finances? If you have a better understanding of medicine, then you have a right to determine what drugs/vaccines he is forced to take? There is no logical connection between knowledge within a discipline and authority to control someone's life. Those are two completely different things that are not relevant to each other at all. Again, this is just another excuse to control someone at the point of a gun.

How is that any worse then a system in which alot of idiots vote for a few bigger richer idiots who then go on to make laws and legislation (which affect everyone) about things that they don't even understand?

Neither system is good. You are making the assumption that there needs to be someone making large amounts of legislation to control all aspects of life. Each individual should manage his own finances, and only his. Each individual should choose his healthcare strategy, and only his. When each individual is responsible for himself and only himself, the stupidity and failures of others are of no consequence to him.
frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] So if you have a better understanding of economics then your neighbor, you have a right to control his finances? If you have a better understanding of medicine, then you have a right to determine what drugs/vaccines he is forced to take? There is no logical connection between knowledge within a discipline and authority to control someone's life. Those are two completely different things that are not relevant to each other at all. Again, this is just another excuse to control someone at the point of a gun.Laihendi

Neither system is good. You are making the assumption that there needs to be someone making large amounts of legislation to control all aspects of life. Each individual should manage his own finances, and only his. Each individual should choose his healthcare strategy, and only his. When each individual is responsible for himself and only himself, the stupidity and failures of others are of no consequence to him.

Sorry but i like the infrastucture and technology that only a large federal government could provide. Humans are social animals and do not operate efficiently as individuals (not that i don't value individuality, but at the extreeme you want it it would only serve to hurt humanity as a whole) we can only get things done as a large group governed by a strong and supportive government.

What you have described sounds like an agrarian hell, as wanted by that idiot Jefferson (thank god he didn't practice what he preached).

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Laihendi

frannkzappa

Sorry but i like the infrastucture and technology that only a large federal government could provide. Humans are social animals and do not operate efficiently as individuals (not that i don't value individuality, but at the extreeme you want it it would only serve to hurt humanity as a whole) we can only get things done as a large group governed by a strong and supportive government.

What you have described sounds like an agrarian hell, as wanted by that idiot Jefferson (thank god he didn't practice what he preached).

So you think healthy social interaction involves the threat of physical force? Social interaction and cooperation is entirely possible without people having a gun held to their heads. Also you are ignoring the countless technologies and innovations invented by private individuals and produced by privately operated organizations. The idea that you have a right to control me at gunpoint because we are "social animals" is hilarious.
frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] Neither system is good. You are making the assumption that there needs to be someone making large amounts of legislation to control all aspects of life. Each individual should manage his own finances, and only his. Each individual should choose his healthcare strategy, and only his. When each individual is responsible for himself and only himself, the stupidity and failures of others are of no consequence to him.Laihendi

So you think healthy social interaction involves the threat of physical force? Social interaction and cooperation is entirely possible without people having a gun held to their heads. Also you are ignoring the countless technologies and innovations invented by private individuals and produced by privately operated organizations. The idea that you have a right to control me at gunpoint because we are "social animals" is hilarious.

I never said anything about guns nor violence, though i did mention that the governing body must also be supportive of those governed.

Also you seem to be ignoring all the things that can't be produced by private individuals. besides i never once said i had any problem with private orginizations, I just don't value them as much as you.

come on lai let's try be civil about this.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] Are you deliberately ignoring the fact that many of the most vicious and violent dictators/rulers in human history have also been exceptionally intelligent? Great intelligence does not make someone fit to rule if they use that intelligence for evil and destructive purposes.Laihendi

on average they're going to be better rulers.

Yes on average an intelligent man will be more competent ruling than an idiot. What is your point? No one is advocating having the mentally disabled become authoritarian dictators. Someone being knowledgeable within a specific discipline is no reason for him to rule the lives of others. There is no logical connection between that. You argument exists on the assumption that there has to be a ruler, that people cannot be allowed to be free to live their own lives without coercion (or the threat of it). Technocracy is just another excuse to hold a gun to someone's head.

dude you're stupid.

frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]on average they're going to be better rulers.

MakeMeaSammitch

Yes on average an intelligent man will be more competent ruling than an idiot. What is your point? No one is advocating having the mentally disabled become authoritarian dictators. Someone being knowledgeable within a specific discipline is no reason for him to rule the lives of others. There is no logical connection between that. You argument exists on the assumption that there has to be a ruler, that people cannot be allowed to be free to live their own lives without coercion (or the threat of it). Technocracy is just another excuse to hold a gun to someone's head.

dude you're stupid.

Lai is a lot of things, stupid is not one of them.

He can articulate his arguments better then most on OT, certainly better than you.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Laihendi

frannkzappa

I never said anything about guns nor violence, though i did mention that the governing body must also be supportive of those governed.

Also you seem to be ignoring all the things that can't be produced by private individuals. besides i never once said i had any problem with private orginizations, I just don't value them as much as you.

Controlling people by force is controlling them with the threat of a gun, that is - the threat of violence. You can reword your ideas to make them seem less abhorrent, but that does nothing to change the implications and necessities of their implementation. What cannot be produced by private individuals, or privately operated organizations?
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] Yes on average an intelligent man will be more competent ruling than an idiot. What is your point? No one is advocating having the mentally disabled become authoritarian dictators. Someone being knowledgeable within a specific discipline is no reason for him to rule the lives of others. There is no logical connection between that. You argument exists on the assumption that there has to be a ruler, that people cannot be allowed to be free to live their own lives without coercion (or the threat of it). Technocracy is just another excuse to hold a gun to someone's head.frannkzappa

dude you're stupid.

He can articulate his arguments better then most on OT, certainly better than you.

I will agree with this.
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Rhazakna

frannkzappa

What do you mean by "leftist tendencies"? If you want to spread the idea of an authoritarian technocratic meritocracy, the alt-right is the place to go, not the left or the center.
frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] So you think healthy social interaction involves the threat of physical force? Social interaction and cooperation is entirely possible without people having a gun held to their heads. Also you are ignoring the countless technologies and innovations invented by private individuals and produced by privately operated organizations. The idea that you have a right to control me at gunpoint because we are "social animals" is hilarious.Laihendi

Controlling people by force is controlling them with the threat of a gun, that is - the threat of violence. You can reword your ideas to make them seem less abhorrent, but that does nothing to change the implications and necessities of their implementation. What cannot be produced by private individuals, or privately operated organizations?

Don't recall mentioning force either.

Well for individuals i imagine you know just how much they can't make on their own.

How would these private organizations even come about without the support and protection of a strong governing body? Whats to stop a foreign force from just taking your private assets?

r

frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"] No,I don't think of fascism as something special in any sense, good or bad. I've had a lot of experience interacting with people on the "alternative right" (as they call it), many of whom are essentially neo-fascists (though, like you, they don't like that term). Most of their ideas are pretty mundane, though they're still radicals considering the narrow range of the modern political lexicon. Rhazakna

What do you mean by "leftist tendencies"? If you want to spread the idea of an authoritarian technocratic meritocracy, the alt-right is the place to go, not the left or the center.

The left or right has nothing to do with Authoritarianism.

By leftist tendencies i mean that when i do lean one way or the other it's usualy to the left (no where near socialism mind you).

either way in the system i support my economic opinion wouldn't matter (me not being an economist).

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Rhazakna

frannkzappa

By leftist tendencies i mean that when i do lean one way or the other it's usualy to the left (no where near socialism mind you).

either way in the system i support my economic opinion wouldn't matter (me not being an economist).

I never said the left or right had anything to do with authoritarianism in themselves. There are libertarian and authoritarian strains of rightism and leftism. My point was that if you want to spread the kind of ideas you profess, the people who will be the most receptive are those who identify with the alt-right.
frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"] What do you mean by "leftist tendencies"? If you want to spread the idea of an authoritarian technocratic meritocracy, the alt-right is the place to go, not the left or the center.Rhazakna

I never said the left or right had anything to do with authoritarianism in themselves. There are libertarian and authoritarian strains of rightism and leftism. My point was that if you want to spread the kind of ideas you profess, the people who will be the most receptive are those who identify with the alt-right.

fair enough... i guess.

But the alt-right hasn't been in favor of technocracy all that much.

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Rhazakna

frannkzappa

fair enough... i guess.

The alt-right is a pretty broad movement. Lots of them seem to have sympathy for a meritocratic ruling elite. Those are the people to try and sell technocracy to, not people in the center, and certainly not the left.
frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"] I never said the left or right had anything to do with authoritarianism in themselves. There are libertarian and authoritarian strains of rightism and leftism. My point was that if you want to spread the kind of ideas you profess, the people who will be the most receptive are those who identify with the alt-right.Rhazakna

fair enough... i guess.

The alt-right is a pretty broad movement. Lots of them seem to have sympathy for a meritocratic ruling elite. Those are the people to try and sell technocracy to, not people in the center, and certainly not the left.

Who says i was trying to?

besides my economic prefs are based off biases and circumstance not my ideals. i generally don't mention economics because it has little to do with my agenda. the economy is something to be decided only after the technocratic government is in power and thus the proper experts can determine what is best for the country. i wouldn't support anyone who still affiliates with a party after coming to power, and i don't think many partied officials will be willing to give up their support network and delegate their jobs to experts.

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Rhazakna

fair enough... i guess.

frannkzappa

besides my economic prefs are based off biases and circumstance not my ideals. i generally don't mention economics because it has little to do with my agenda. the economy is something to be decided only after the technocratic government is in power and thus the proper experts can determine what is best for the country. i wouldn't support anyone who still affiliates with a party after coming to power, and i don't think many partied officials will be willing to give up their support network and delegate their jobs to experts.

I didn't say anything about economics, though your idea that the experts can just decide what to do betrays a vast ignorance of what economics even is.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#123 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] Yes on average an intelligent man will be more competent ruling than an idiot. What is your point? No one is advocating having the mentally disabled become authoritarian dictators. Someone being knowledgeable within a specific discipline is no reason for him to rule the lives of others. There is no logical connection between that. You argument exists on the assumption that there has to be a ruler, that people cannot be allowed to be free to live their own lives without coercion (or the threat of it). Technocracy is just another excuse to hold a gun to someone's head.frannkzappa

dude you're stupid.

His English is proficient if a bit boring as it always reads the same. His critical thinking skills however are questionable at best, I don't think I've ever seen him reach a conclusion that hasn't already been reached for him which leads to a lot of unfortunate implications he isn't aware of being brought up. His articulation is fine, no doubt, it's just that you could articulately explain what sh*tting your pants in front of hundreds of people feels like competently but in the end you've still sh*t your pants in front of hundreds of people.
frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]dude you're stupid.

Ace6301

His English is proficient if a bit boring as it always reads the same. His critical thinking skills however are questionable at best, I don't think I've ever seen him reach a conclusion that hasn't already been reached for him which leads to a lot of unfortunate implications he isn't aware of being brought up. His articulation is fine, no doubt, it's just that you could articulately explain what sh*tting your pants in front of hundreds of people feels like competently but in the end you've still sh*t your pants in front of hundreds of people.

You seem to be twisting my words a tad.

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Rhazakna

frannkzappa

I didn't say anything about economics, though your idea that the experts can just decide what to do betrays a vast ignorance of what economics even is.

i never meant that "experts" (bad term i know) would be able to solve all are problems, i simply meant that it would be much more efficient to have a fluid system which could be altered based on what people who have been in the economic field (of many different studies and opinions) feel might work given an economic situation. Of cource even among professionals there will be disagreements and debates and a certain amount of trial and error.

essentialy what i'm saying is cut out the middle man (parties and politicians) and let the people with knowledge in the field figure out the solution (much as they already are).

however i do concede that economic policy is easily the weakest link in the technocratic system.

There are numerous economic schools with mutually exclusive methodologies and prescriptions. For example, Keynesian will never agree with an Austrian prescription for a recession, regardless of how much debate happens. If they compromise, any solution is doomed to fail because economic solutions have to be applied purely to see if they actually work. Giving complete control one school control over economic policy, then another if the results aren't satisfactory would have catastrophic effects on investment. Any thoroughly technocratic economy seems like it would be in shambles, and that's not some small problem.
frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"] I didn't say anything about economics, though your idea that the experts can just decide what to do betrays a vast ignorance of what economics even is.Rhazakna

i never meant that "experts" (bad term i know) would be able to solve all are problems, i simply meant that it would be much more efficient to have a fluid system which could be altered based on what people who have been in the economic field (of many different studies and opinions) feel might work given an economic situation. Of cource even among professionals there will be disagreements and debates and a certain amount of trial and error.

essentialy what i'm saying is cut out the middle man (parties and politicians) and let the people with knowledge in the field figure out the solution (much as they already are).

however i do concede that economic policy is easily the weakest link in the technocratic system.

There are numerous economic schools with mutually exclusive methodologies and prescriptions. For example, Keynesian will never agree with an Austrian prescription for a recession, regardless of how much debate happens. If they compromise, any solution is doomed to fail because economic solutions have to be applied purely to see if they actually work. Giving complete control one school control over economic policy, then another if the results aren't satisfactory would have catastrophic effects on investment. Any thoroughly technocratic economy seems like it would be in shambles, and that's not some small problem.

I fail to see how it will be any worse then the current system. these mutually exclusive methodolgies are already banging heads with each other except they do it with politicians instead of basing it off prior success (keep in mind this is also a meritocracy so the economists with the most history of success will also have the most pull) .

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Ace6301

[QUOTE="Ace6301"][QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

frannkzappa

I really just wanted to compare his posts to the effect of browning ones boxers in front of people.
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Rhazakna

frannkzappa

I fail to see how it will be any worse then the current system. these mutually exclusive methodolgies are already banging heads with each other except they do it with politicians instead of basing it off prior success (keep in mind this is also a meritocracy so the economists with the most history of success will also have the most pull) .

I never said it would be worse than the current system necessarily, though it would be worse for investment if you have different schools having complete control over a state's economy at different times. Most economic prescriptions made by politicians have to do with rent seeking special interests, not competing ideologies. What would stop rent seeking if policy was determined by economists? It would be almost impossible to gauge a "history of success" when you consider the fact that a short-term good in the economy can lead to a long term bad and vice versa. What's more, it's far more likely that intellectual dogmas and orthodoxies would form instead of an actual meritocratic system. Considering that's what happens today, why wouldn't it if intellectuals are given power? In fact, it would seem that technocracy would compound such a problem. A technocratic approach to the economy sounds- at best- vacuous.
frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

[QUOTE="Ace6301"] His English is proficient if a bit boring as it always reads the same. His critical thinking skills however are questionable at best, I don't think I've ever seen him reach a conclusion that hasn't already been reached for him which leads to a lot of unfortunate implications he isn't aware of being brought up. His articulation is fine, no doubt, it's just that you could articulately explain what sh*tting your pants in front of hundreds of people feels like competently but in the end you've still sh*t your pants in front of hundreds of people. Ace6301

I really just wanted to compare his posts to the effect of browning ones boxers in front of people.

oh, thats ok then.:P

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

dude you're stupid.

He can articulate his arguments alright, but he seems completely incapable of thinking them through.

frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 frannkzappa

i've seen worse.

frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"] There are numerous economic schools with mutually exclusive methodologies and prescriptions. For example, Keynesian will never agree with an Austrian prescription for a recession, regardless of how much debate happens. If they compromise, any solution is doomed to fail because economic solutions have to be applied purely to see if they actually work. Giving complete control one school control over economic policy, then another if the results aren't satisfactory would have catastrophic effects on investment. Any thoroughly technocratic economy seems like it would be in shambles, and that's not some small problem.Rhazakna

I never said it would be worse than the current system necessarily, though it would be worse for investment if you have different schools having complete control over a state's economy at different times. Most economic prescriptions made by politicians have to do with rent seeking special interests, not competing ideologies. What would stop rent seeking if policy was determined by economists? It would be almost impossible to gauge a "history of success" when you consider the fact that a short-term good in the economy can lead to a long term bad and vice versa. What's more, it's far more likely that intellectual dogmas and orthodoxies would form instead of an actual meritocratic system. Considering that's what happens today, why wouldn't it if intellectuals are given power? In fact, it would seem that technocracy would compound such a problem. A technocratic approach to the economy sounds- at best- vacuous.

I'm very open to economic ideals/theories/aproaches, what, if i may as is your economc system of preference?

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Ace6301

i've seen worse.

frannkzappa
I usually discount the conspiracy crowd from this sort of judgement myself.
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

This system aims to remove both the common man and the politician (as well as politics) from government.frannkzappa

Cute proposal, but conflicting concerns/interests exist due to overlap (e.g., what might be good for economy might be bad for health, etc.). One might say that the whole thing sounds quite political taking that into consideration.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 coolbeans90

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

but we can remove politicians.

frannkzappa

What you've described would really do nothing of the sort.

I think we are using different definitions of the word politician.

I was using it as a slur against a certain kind of statesmen (common in freemason and technocratic circles), not to describe policy makers in general.

My fault really.

What i am talking about are the officials elected (with any involvement of the general public) by the democratic republic system.

Even still, I stand by my previous statement in that the process would be highly political. Corporations, government bureaucracies, large organizations in general are prone to it - throw in full-scale governance, you've the same sh!t, but orders of the magnitude greater. Really, the only inherent change the influence of the public - which is simply replaced by an inevitably hierarchical beauracratic game.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 coolbeans90

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

I was using it as a slur against a certain kind of statesmen (common in freemason and technocratic circles), not to describe policy makers in general.

My fault really.

What i am talking about are the officials elected (with any involvement of the general public) by the democratic republic system.

frannkzappa

Even still, I stand by my previous statement in that the process would be highly political. Corporations, government bureaucracies, large organizations in general are prone to it - throw in full-scale governance, you've the same sh!t, but orders of the magnitude greater. Really, the only inherent change the influence of the public - which is simply replaced by an inevitably hierarchical beauracratic game.

This can all be solved if those in the government simply adhered to their own technocratic ideals as opposed to openly defying them like you suggest they would.

I actually mentioned earlier a number of ways that technocracy within given fields, even discounting quite serious conflicts within said fields, will invariably have conflicts of interests with other fields. That is before we throw real people in the mix. Moreover, there is a definite potential that the public in the loss of its power would ultimately suffer a la China.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#137 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]dude you're stupid.

worlock77

He can articulate his arguments alright, but he seems completely incapable of thinking them through.

because other people make his positions for him

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 coolbeans90

Even though parroting, Lai's English is fairly good. That said, there are probably better metrics for intelligence.

Bane_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Bane_09
Member since 2010 • 3394 Posts

At least it wasn't a commment about rape for once

frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

This system aims to remove both the common man and the politician (as well as politics) from government.coolbeans90

Cute proposal, but conflicting concerns/interests exist due to overlap (e.g., what might be good for economy might be bad for health, etc.). One might say that the whole thing sounds quite political taking that into consideration.

It's still far less political than our (the USA) current system.

Plus at least the "politics" wouldn't be done by politicians.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 coolbeans90

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

This system aims to remove both the common man and the politician (as well as politics) from government.frannkzappa

It sounds potentially more political, in all honesty.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#142 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

Even though parroting, Lai's English is fairly good. That said, there are probably better metrics for intelligence.

coolbeans90

Yes. He's well written enough, but there isn't much original idea in his posts. And zero critical thinking.

frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

coolbeans90

i'm going to have to disagree.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

frannkzappa

I'm curious as to how you think a massive government (much larger than ever our current government, going by what you've said) ran by "experts" in their respective fields (btw: who selectes these experts) won't be political.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 coolbeans90

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

This can all be solved if those in the government simply adhered to their own technocratic ideals as opposed to openly defying them like you suggest they would.

frannkzappa

I actually mentioned earlier a number of ways that technocracy within given fields, even discounting quite serious conflicts within said fields, will invariably have conflicts of interests with other fields. That is before we throw real people in the mix. Moreover, there is a definite potential that the public in the loss of its power would ultimately suffer a la China.

These contradictions already exist in the current system except they are handled by anything but experts and we have been dealing with their mediocre results since washington. I hardly see how my system can be any less efficient than the current one.

Experts' opinions are certainly taken into consideration on most things, even if they at times are taken lightly when conflicts of interest arise. What you suggest, however, would (likely) devolve into yet another plutocracy - not that the U.S. isn't close to being one already (but nowhere near what you describe) - which doesn't necessarily lend itself to meritocracy nearly so much as it acts upon the behalf of vested interests, and much more expediently so than the current system.

frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

worlock77

I'm curious as to how you think a massive government (much larger than ever our current government, going by what you've said) ran by "experts" in their respective fields (btw: who selectes these experts) won't be political.

We do not live in an ideal world so i realise it is impossible to completely remove "politics" from government but we can remove politicians.

An uncorrupt meritocracy should sort out the selecting of officials.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 coolbeans90

frannkzappa

frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

coolbeans90

My fault really.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
ran by "experts" in their respective fields worlock77
EU did this and we ended up with a bunch of Goldman Sachs cronies running the economy. I'll pass.
frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="worlock77"]ran by "experts" in their respective fields MrPraline
EU did this and we ended up with a bunch of Goldman Sachs cronies running the economy. I'll pass.

Europe is a very different situation from the US.