Texas Attorney General: Democrats More Dangerous Than Kim Jong Un/NK

• 157 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

I do like Texas. They're the only state that still has a back bone. They're creating their own gold reserve, and if gold was ever made illegal like in the 1930s they claim the Texas would insure the gold wasn't seized. They also said if Assault rifles were illegal they wouldn't acknowledge federal law. http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/03/21/4721036/tarrant-lawmaker-seeks-to-create.htmlFightingfan

You see some one with a "back bone".. I see dillusional hypocrites that the moment something doesn't go their way on the federal level (including forcing rights on OTHER states) you see them start screaming "STATE'S RIGHTS!!" at the top of their lungs..  Maybe if they showed some consistency, I could at least respect their stand even if it is in crazy people.. 

dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 dramaybaz
Member since 2005 • 6020 Posts
While that statement may be silly, I don't actually see NK as much a threat as is made propaganda of.
Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#53 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

[QUOTE="hartsickdiscipl"]

[QUOTE="Mithrandir50"]

Did not picture you as Mexican.

Do you receive a lot of racism down there

Mithrandir50

When is the last time you've been to Texas?

3 weeks ago Why

And how long have you spent living in Texas?  Which parts?  I ask because you seem to have a false perception of Texas.  

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts
with an increasing Latino population I heard Texas could swing sometime in the next few years, after that forget about electing a Republican presidentlamprey263
I have known many latinos and the majority of them vote republican.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178837 Posts
[QUOTE="lamprey263"]with an increasing Latino population I heard Texas could swing sometime in the next few years, after that forget about electing a Republican presidentLaihendi

Somehow I highly doubt that......
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Laihendi
[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="lamprey263"]with an increasing Latino population I heard Texas could swing sometime in the next few years, after that forget about electing a Republican presidentLJS9502_basic

However I am going by the 2004 election as I have not known any latinos in several years.
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] I have known many latinos and the majority of them vote republican.

However I am going by the 2004 election as I have not known any latinos in several years.

Ah, right. Wouldn't surprise me if a lot of them switched to Dear Leader in 2008.
yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#58 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
both parties are the biggest enemies to america and our sacred 'freedom' he's part of the cancer, too.
Mithrandir50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Mithrandir50
Member since 2013 • 809 Posts

[QUOTE="Mithrandir50"][QUOTE="hartsickdiscipl"]

When is the last time you've been to Texas?

hartsickdiscipl

3 weeks ago Why

And how long have you spent living in Texas?  Which parts?  I ask because you seem to have a false perception of Texas.  

Dallas. Never lived there
frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 frannkzappa
Member since 2012 • 3003 Posts

The entire party system is a cancer on this country.

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#61 Yusuke420
Member since 2012 • 2770 Posts

[QUOTE="Mithrandir50"] Dallas. Never lived theremastershake575

I live in DFW and dallas is hit or miss (west dallas, north dallas/preston hollow, and majority of lakehighlands are all pretty nice). Most of the surrounding cities such as plano, highland park, allen, richardson, farmers branch, addison, and lewisville are all great places to live

I live in South DFW and in the country people are pretty civil for the most part. You get the occational guy that feels it's appropraite to dress in the stars and bars.

Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#62 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

frannkzappa

Wow.  We agree on something.  

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#63 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58271 Posts

[QUOTE="lamprey263"]with an increasing Latino population I heard Texas could swing sometime in the next few years, after that forget about electing a Republican presidentLaihendi

republican I am not too sure about

but hispanics definitely favor socially conservative choices due to being hardcore catholics

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 mattbbpl  Online
Member since 2006 • 23024 Posts

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="lamprey263"]with an increasing Latino population I heard Texas could swing sometime in the next few years, after that forget about electing a Republican presidentmrbojangles25

but hispanics definitely favor socially conservative choices due to being hardcore catholics

Bingo. That's what Republicans were referring to when they said, after the election, that Hispanics were a voting block that they felt should be theirs.
Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

Not exactly the wording that I would have used.  He's basically right though.  

hartsickdiscipl

Coming from a nut job....

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 MakeMeaSammitch

frannkzappa

countries with multiple parties see even more issues.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#67 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58271 Posts

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] I have known many latinos and the majority of them vote republican.mattbbpl

Bingo. That's what Republicans were referring to when they said, after the election, that Hispanics were a voting block that they felt should be theirs.

same with African Americans.  Its been argued that Prop 8 passed in California largely in part due to our large hispanic and black population.

frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

MakeMeaSammitch

that's my point.

party=bad

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

frannkzappa

that's my point.

party=bad

u want a single party like japan?

frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]countries with multiple parties see even more issues.

MakeMeaSammitch

that's my point.

party=bad

I would prefer a non-party highly authoritarion technocratic meritocracy (with a heavy emphasis on the technocracy).

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts
Texas and California. Every other state bends over and takes it. Fightingfan
California doesn't bend over?
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

that's my point.

party=bad

frannkzappa

I would prefer a non-party highly authoritarion technocratic meritocracy (with a heavy emphasis on the technocracy).

technocratic?

frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]u want a single party like japan?

MakeMeaSammitch

technocratic?

rule of the best qualified.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#75 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

that's my point.

party=bad

frannkzappa

What's stopping the best from being recruited from the higher classes or rules that keep power to the elite? Perhaps rich kids who end up being groomed from childhood to become leaders of the country, and thus, having the best qualifications.
frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]u want a single party like japan?

hiphops_savior

What's stopping the best from being recruited from the higher classes or rules that keep power to the elite? Perhaps rich kids who end up being groomed from childhood to become leaders of the country, and thus, having the best qualifications.

Hopefully an extremely well funded public education system as well as the banning of any private educational system below the university level.

Also the technocratic system is very anti-old money.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Laihendi

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

frannkzappa

technocratic?

Is this a joke? How is being proficient with a specific branch of technical knowledge make you qualified to rule the lives of others by force? There is no logical connection.
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]technocratic?

Laihendi

Is this a joke? How is being proficient with a specific branch of technical knowledge make you qualified to rule the lives of others by force? There is no logical connection.

Greater intelligence -> better ruler.

seems logical to me.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

MakeMeaSammitch

seems logical to me.

Are you deliberately ignoring the fact that many of the most vicious and violent dictators/rulers in human history have also been exceptionally intelligent? Great intelligence does not make someone fit to rule if they use that intelligence for evil and destructive purposes.
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] Is this a joke? How is being proficient with a specific branch of technical knowledge make you qualified to rule the lives of others by force? There is no logical connection.Laihendi

seems logical to me.

Are you deliberately ignoring the fact that many of the most vicious and violent dictators/rulers in human history have also been exceptionally intelligent? Great intelligence does not make someone fit to rule if they use that intelligence for evil and destructive purposes.

on average they're going to be better rulers.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]Greater intelligence -> better ruler.

seems logical to me.

MakeMeaSammitch

Yes on average an intelligent man will be more competent ruling than an idiot. What is your point? No one is advocating having the mentally disabled become authoritarian dictators. Someone being knowledgeable within a specific discipline is no reason for him to rule the lives of others. There is no logical connection between that. You argument exists on the assumption that there has to be a ruler, that people cannot be allowed to be free to live their own lives without coercion (or the threat of it). Technocracy is just another excuse to hold a gun to someone's head.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] I have known many latinos and the majority of them vote republican.Laihendi

How old were you in 2004? 8? 9?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]Greater intelligence -> better ruler.

seems logical to me.

MakeMeaSammitch

And you can cite a correlation?
frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"] The alt-right is a pretty broad movement. Lots of them seem to have sympathy for a meritocratic ruling elite. Those are the people to try and sell technocracy to, not people in the center, and certainly not the left.Rhazakna

Who says i was trying to?

besides my economic prefs are based off biases and circumstance not my ideals. i generally don't mention economics because it has little to do with my agenda. the economy is something to be decided only after the technocratic government is in power and thus the proper experts can determine what is best for the country. i wouldn't support anyone who still affiliates with a party after coming to power, and i don't think many partied officials will be willing to give up their support network and delegate their jobs to experts.

I didn't say anything about economics, though your idea that the experts can just decide what to do betrays a vast ignorance of what economics even is.

i never meant that "experts" (bad term i know) would be able to solve all our problems, i simply meant that it would be much more efficient to have a fluid system which could be altered based on what people who have been in the economic field (of many different studies and opinions) feel might work given an economic situation. Of cource even among professionals there will be disagreements and debates and a certain amount of trial and error.

essentialy what i'm saying is cut out the middle man (parties and politicians) and let the people with knowledge in the field figure out the solution (much as they already are).

however i do concede that economic policy is easily the weakest link in the technocratic system.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Somehow I highly doubt that......worlock77

I have stated that I voted in the 2012 election so that means I was at least 10 during the 2004 election.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] However I am going by the 2004 election as I have not known any latinos in several years.Laihendi

I have stated that I voted in the 2012 election so that means I was at least 10 during the 2004 election.

At least? Don't you know?
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] However I am going by the 2004 election as I have not known any latinos in several years.Laihendi

And at 10 how in tune could you possibly be with the voting trends of Hispanic voters?

frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] Are you deliberately ignoring the fact that many of the most vicious and violent dictators/rulers in human history have also been exceptionally intelligent? Great intelligence does not make someone fit to rule if they use that intelligence for evil and destructive purposes.Laihendi

Yes on average an intelligent man will be more competent ruling than an idiot. What is your point? No one is advocating having the mentally disabled become authoritarian dictators. Someone being knowledgeable within a specific discipline is no reason for him to rule the lives of others. There is no logical connection between that. You argument exists on the assumption that there has to be a ruler, that people cannot be allowed to be free to live their own lives without coercion (or the threat of it). Technocracy is just another excuse to hold a gun to someone's head.

Well in the system i support the federal government while being several magnitudes larger and more powerful will lack a point of centralized power, thus removing most of the possibility of a tyrant (i do not advocate tyrants). legislative decisions will be made by small groups of trained professionals who only have power in their own field. this system would completely remove the idea of popular elections. For example only economists have any say in matters of the economy, only medical professionals will have any say on medical legislation and only experienced and proven military officials will be able to vote on military matters.

This system aims to remove both the common man and the politician (as well as politics) from government.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

This system aims to remove both the common man and the politician (as well as politics) from government.

frannkzappa

I'm no polisci major, but somehow "removing politics from government" sounds kind of like "removing salt water from the ocean."

frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

PannicAtack

I'm no polisci major, but somehow "removing politics from government" sounds kind of like "removing salt water from the ocean."

I never said it would be easy.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 worlock77

[QUOTE="PannicAtack"]

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

frannkzappa

Easy hell, it does not sound humanly possible.

frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

[QUOTE="PannicAtack"]I'm no polisci major, but somehow "removing politics from government" sounds kind of like "removing salt water from the ocean."

worlock77

It's attitudes like that which have been keeping humanity down for millenia.

I for one am not satisfied with mediocrity.

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
The political class as a whole (not just Dems) are absolutely more of a threat to Americans than Kim Jong Un
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Rhazakna

Latinos vote Democrat, historically, even when Reps push for immigration reform. Bush was the exception, and even then the support wasn't overwhelming.
frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 frannkzappa

The political class as a whole (not just Dems) are absolutely more of a threat to Americans than Kim Jong UnRhazakna

I've been saying that for 5 pages. -.-

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]on average they're going to be better rulers.

frannkzappa

Well in the system i support the federal government while being several magnitudes larger and more powerful will lack a point of centralized power, thus removing most of the possibility of a tyrant (i do not advocate tyrants). legislative decisions will be made by small groups of trained professionals who only have power in their own field. this system would completely remove the idea of popular elections. For example only economists have any say in matters of the economy, only medical professionals will have any say on medical legislation and only experienced and proven military officials will be able to vote on military matters.

So if you have a better understanding of economics then your neighbor, you have a right to control his finances? If you have a better understanding of medicine, then you have a right to determine what drugs/vaccines he is forced to take? There is no logical connection between knowledge within a discipline and authority to control someone's life. Those are two completely different things that are not relevant to each other at all. Again, this is just another excuse to control someone at the point of a gun.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

frannkzappa

Right, since I don't have unrealistic expectations about removing politics from government (especially massive governments), then I obviously like mediocrity. :roll:

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Rhazakna

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"]The political class as a whole (not just Dems) are absolutely more of a threat to Americans than Kim Jong Unfrannkzappa

I've been saying that for 5 pages. -.-

Yeah, but you're an openly admitted fascist, so who cares?
frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

Right, since I don't have unrealistic expectations about removing politics from government (especially massive governments), then I obviously like mediocrity. :roll:

Didn't say that. What i meant was that if you arent willing to work for your ideals (yours may be different, and thats fine) then you are doomed to mediocrity.