Terminator Salvation: 24% on Rotten Tomatoes

• 193 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MasterC5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 MasterC5
Member since 2006 • 2932 Posts

Wow, I never though I would hear that but ok. I guess we all have a different definition of funny. But it was funnier than Miss Sunshine which recieved praise from here to the sky. illegalimigrant

GET OUT

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"][QUOTE="Nerd_Man"]

Hahaha, people catching on to my love for Pixar films...

Nerd_Man

I'll be seeing it as well, even though I don't enjoy PIxar films like most do. It's definitely the must see film of this month. :)

I don't just enjoy all the Pixar films like most people do, I'm actually a really big fan of the company itself too and a lot of the things they do and have done. In a way they have inspired me ever since I was little too with my interests in doing art and hopefully animation later in life... Yeah, I'm a different kind of fan. lol

Please tell me you have seen a Miyazaki film, or anything from Ghibli.
Nerd_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Nerd_Man
Member since 2007 • 13819 Posts

[QUOTE="Nerd_Man"]

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"] I'll be seeing it as well, even though I don't enjoy PIxar films like most do. It's definitely the must see film of this month. :)sammyjenkis898

I don't just enjoy all the Pixar films like most people do, I'm actually a really big fan of the company itself too and a lot of the things they do and have done. In a way they have inspired me ever since I was little too with my interests in doing art and hopefully animation later in life... Yeah, I'm a different kind of fan. lol

Honestly I have not seen much. I believe I've seen a few. I am well aware Pixar has taken a lot of inspiration over his films, though. I think I should see more of their films, though, because I know Miyazaki makes wonderful films too that is very close to the style of storytelling that Pixar does as well.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 sammyjenkis898

Nerd_Man

Honestly I have not seen much. I believe I've seen a few. I am well aware Pixar has taken a lot of inspiration over his films, though. I think I should see more of their films, though, because I know Miyazaki makes wonderful films too that is very close to the style of storytelling that Pixar does as well.

You can definitely see the influence from Miyazaki films when you watch a Pixar film. You should definitely check out Spirited Away. It's so creative.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"] What does it matter? Terminator and Terminator 2 would be rated PG-13 by today's standards.. sammyjenkis898

:lol: No it wouldn't. You'd never be allowed that amount of blood and violence in a PG13 movie. Neither the swearing.

Terminator 2, easily. Take out the nudity in Terminator and you would get a PG-13. There wasn't that much cursing.

They threw around the f-bomb all the time in T2...I don't think they allow that in PG13 movies.

I might agree with you on T1 though, assuming they took out the nudity.

Nerd_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Nerd_Man

[QUOTE="Nerd_Man"]

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"] Please tell me you have seen a Miyazaki film, or anything from Ghibli. sammyjenkis898

You can definitely see the influence from Miyazaki films when you watch a Pixar film. You should definitely check out Spirited Away. It's so creative.

Omg it has been so long since I've seen that one... I remember it was amazing, though. I really need to brush up on Miyazaki films now.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 sammyjenkis898

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]

[QUOTE="Nerd_Man"]

Nerd_Man

Omg it has been so long since I've seen that one... I remember it was amazing, though. I really need to brush up on Miyazaki films now.

You know you want to see Spirited Away again!
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts
wait, you thought it would be well received because of this awesome trailers? Again not sure how you could be disappointed, I didnt expect critics to like this film because it is most likely nothing but a mindless summer blockbuster.
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#59 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts

how could it be any worse than T3?...:?

greenprince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#60 greenprince
Member since 2006 • 3332 Posts

There's only one Terminator ending I accept and goes by the name of Terminator 2.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
This movie is going to make millions at the US box office. It seems that in the US crappy movies like Mall Cop and Xmen Origins do well, but anything that actually has any semblance of a coherent plot gets quickly shot down :( I expect this movie to be a big block buster and to easily be in the top 10 (or maybe top 20?) highest grossing movies on opening weekend.
Brutal_Elitegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Brutal_Elitegs
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts

Hahaha, people catching on to my love for Pixar films...

Nerd_Man

I'll be seeing it as well, even though I don't enjoy PIxar films like most do. It's definitely the must see film of this month. :)

I don't just enjoy all the Pixar films like most people do, I'm actually a really big fan of the company itself too and a lot of the things they do and have done. In a way they have inspired me ever since I was little too with my interests in doing art and hopefully animation later in life... Yeah, I'm a different kind of fan. Every year when their new film comes out, I get really excited. They have yet to let me down. I even enjoyed Cars, unlike most people.

Have you seen the PIxar Story? It's pretty inspiring.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#63 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Omni-Slash
Because it's a fourth movie. The higher the numeral, the higher the probability that it will suck worse than its predecessor.
Nerd_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Nerd_Man

[QUOTE="Nerd_Man"]

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"] I'll be seeing it as well, even though I don't enjoy PIxar films like most do. It's definitely the must see film of this month. :)Brutal_Elitegs

I don't just enjoy all the Pixar films like most people do, I'm actually a really big fan of the company itself too and a lot of the things they do and have done. In a way they have inspired me ever since I was little too with my interests in doing art and hopefully animation later in life... Yeah, I'm a different kind of fan. Every year when their new film comes out, I get really excited. They have yet to let me down. I even enjoyed Cars, unlike most people.

Yeah, I have. I loved that documentary.

As for sammyjenkis898... Why does it seem that every time you and I get caught up in a movie related thread we always seem to talk about different movies? :P

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#65 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts
[QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"][QUOTE="Omni-Slash"]

Because it's a fourth movie. The higher the numeral, the higher the probability that it will suck worse than its predecessor.

it's just not possible.....T3 was the equivalent of Date Movie 16......
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 sammyjenkis898

[QUOTE="Brutal_Elitegs"][QUOTE="Nerd_Man"]

Nerd_Man

Yeah, I have. I loved that documentary.

As for sammyjenkis898... Why does it seem that every time you and I get caught up in a movie related thread we always seem to talk about different movies? :P

Maybe it's because most of the threads are about bad films.. :P
Crusher89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Crusher89
Member since 2007 • 480 Posts

james cameron is the only one that should be directing these movies. not some hack who did charlies angels. should have stopped after 2

Hungry_Jello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Hungry_Jello
Member since 2008 • 3024 Posts

I dont care what RT says I'm gonna see this movie and like it.

Overrated_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Overrated_Hero
Member since 2008 • 3439 Posts

The trailer looked awesome, though the clips on the Internet not so much, really the script just sucks.

WhiteSnake5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 WhiteSnake5000
Member since 2005 • 12454 Posts

I dont care what RT says I'm gonna see this movie and like it.

Hungry_Jello
Yeah, me too. **** critics and their taste. I'm proud of my horrible taste in movies. I'm able to enjoy a lot more films out there because of it.
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
:lol: what people actually expected it to be good? :lol:
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts

I don't expected it to be this bad.

Bumzur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Bumzur
Member since 2009 • 560 Posts
Reviews are just other people's opinions.Not everyone will have the same view.Go see it and judge it for yourself.AtomicBaconBits
Rotten Tomatoes is a sum of opinions. If nobody else liked it, chances are you won't either.
Mr_Manikin52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#74 Mr_Manikin52
Member since 2004 • 12300 Posts

Give us someNine Inch Nails music!

Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#75 Rekunta
Member since 2002 • 8275 Posts

I expected it. It's very hard to pull off an origin movie, plus, there was something about this movie that just had critics itching to hate it. I'm still going to watch it.JustPlainLucas

Funny, as origin movies are usually the best out of a series (Spiderman, Batman Begins.) These reviews don't surprise me in the least, but considering how great the reviews were for Star Trek, this film must be a true abomination. What is with Sci-fi movies nowadays? Are they ever going to again measure up to the early Alien films, Blade Runner, the original two Terminators? Can these new generation of directors even make a HALF DECENT movie? Christ.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 sammyjenkis898

[QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"]I expected it. It's very hard to pull off an origin movie, plus, there was something about this movie that just had critics itching to hate it. I'm still going to watch it.Rekunta

Funny, as origin movies are usually the best out of a series (Spiderman, Batman Begins.) These reviews don't surprise me in the least, but considering how great the reviews were for Star Trek, this film must be a true abomination. What is with Sci-fi movies nowadays? Are they ever going to again measure up to the early Alien films, Blade Runner, the original two Terminators? Can these new generation of directors even make a HALF DECENT movie? Christ.

Just wait for Moon to be released this summer. :)
Avatar image for ChrisSpartan117
ChrisSpartan117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 ChrisSpartan117
Member since 2008 • 4519 Posts

It has an 8.7 on IMDb. I still plan on seeing it.Bourbons3
After seeing the site's forums, I never trust the users there anymore.

Avatar image for AtomicBaconBits
AtomicBaconBits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#78 AtomicBaconBits
Member since 2006 • 8855 Posts
[QUOTE="AtomicBaconBits"]Reviews are just other people's opinions.Not everyone will have the same view.Go see it and judge it for yourself.Bumzur
Rotten Tomatoes is a sum of opinions. If nobody else liked it, chances are you won't either.

Is a sum of other people's opinions your own? No.Just because a bunch of people feel one way,doesn't mean you'll always feel the same.
DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts

I wasn't surprised because you had it in the topic title.

ChrisSpartan117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 ChrisSpartan117

[QUOTE="Nerd_Man"]

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"] Please tell me you have seen a Miyazaki film, or anything from Ghibli. sammyjenkis898

I saw that with my mom, and even though it was the(to date) greatest anime film I've seen, she hated it to high heaven, in fact, she hates all of anime, maybe it's due to the fact that the only anime she's seen have been DBZ and the dub of Yu-Gi-Oh...

Oblivionfan10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Oblivionfan10
Member since 2008 • 6327 Posts
Oh good for you! -Christian Bale yelling at the Director of Photography Anyways, I think they lost it at T3, so I wasn't expecting much out of this one
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 sammyjenkis898

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]

[QUOTE="Nerd_Man"]

ChrisSpartan117

I saw that with my mom, and even though it was the(to date) greatest anime film I've seen, she hated it to high heaven, in fact, she hates all of anime, maybe it's due to the fact that the only anime she's seen have been DBZ and the dub of Yu-Gi-Oh...

Well, it obviously wasn't her cup of tea. It really is remarkable to watch.

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Film-Guy
Member since 2007 • 26778 Posts

[QUOTE="Bumzur"][QUOTE="AtomicBaconBits"]Reviews are just other people's opinions.Not everyone will have the same view.Go see it and judge it for yourself.AtomicBaconBits

Is a sum of other people's opinions your own? No.Just because a bunch of people feel one way,doesn't mean you'll always feel the same.

Thank you, I totally agree. Heck Silent Hill, and Running Scared got mostly awful reviews but I liked both of those films. Reviews mean nothing.

ChrisSpartan117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 ChrisSpartan117

[QUOTE="ChrisSpartan117"]

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"] You can definitely see the influence from Miyazaki films when you watch a Pixar film. You should definitely check out Spirited Away. It's so creative.

sammyjenkis898

Well, it obviously wasn't her cup of tea. It really is remarkable to watch.

Actually, she hates Asian culture in general. I should know, she rejected the idea of watching a show featuring Chinese acrobats in a heartbeat, and when I asked...that's when she admited she hates Asian culture. I think that's why she hated the film. She sees anime as weird and awful.

barcx17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 barcx17
Member since 2008 • 3782 Posts

[QUOTE="Rekunta"]

[QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"]I expected it. It's very hard to pull off an origin movie, plus, there was something about this movie that just had critics itching to hate it. I'm still going to watch it.sammyjenkis898

I saw the trailer and it looks awesome. I can't wait to see it. And the robot is voiced by Kevin Spacey! :D

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 sammyjenkis898

[QUOTE="AtomicBaconBits"][QUOTE="Bumzur"] Rotten Tomatoes is a sum of opinions. If nobody else liked it, chances are you won't either.Film-Guy

Thank you, I totally agree. Heck Silent Hill, and Running Scared got mostly awful reviews but I liked both of those films. Reviews mean nothing.

I tend to agree with critics to some extent. Silent Hill had incredible cinematography, but that's about it. The story was a mess.
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 sammyjenkis898

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"][QUOTE="Rekunta"]

barcx17

I saw the trailer and it looks awesome. I can't wait to see it. And the robot is voiced by Kevin Spacey! :D

You can't go wrong with that. 8) I just hope it gets a release in my town.
Nerd_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Nerd_Man

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]

[QUOTE="Nerd_Man"]

ChrisSpartan117

I generally hate all anime myself. But I think Miyazaki is a bit different than the typical anime and is more relatable than most.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 sammyjenkis898

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"] You can definitely see the influence from Miyazaki films when you watch a Pixar film. You should definitely check out Spirited Away. It's so creative.

Nerd_Man

I generally hate all anime myself. But I think Miyazaki is a bit different than the typical anime and is more relatable than most.

Agreed. I rarely like an anime. It's just so hard to deny the quality Miyazaki puts into his work.
ChrisSpartan117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 ChrisSpartan117

Nerd_Man

If Miyazaki won't convince her that anime is great, what will?

Do you think Cowbow Bebop will work? She loved the theme song to it.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

That is disappointing, I might still go see it though

Nerd_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Nerd_Man

[QUOTE="Nerd_Man"]

[QUOTE="ChrisSpartan117"]I saw that with my mom, and even though it was the(to date) greatest anime film I've seen, she hated it to high heaven, in fact, she hates all of anime, maybe it's due to the fact that the only anime she's seen have been DBZ and the dub of Yu-Gi-Oh...

ChrisSpartan117

If Miyazaki won't convince her that anime is great, what will?

Do you think Cowbow Bebop will work? She loved the theme song to it.

First off, I don't know what Cownboy Bebop is. Secondly, as I said before: I don't like anime, so I don't know what good I could do with helping her. What's not her cup of tea, neither is mine... Some people just have different tastes, accept that.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

Many of you will be surprised to know that Terminator Salvation currently holds a 24% on the review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes. This, to me and to many others, is very, very disappointing. I had expected this to be very well received from critics (and I'm sure many of you have as well) due to the awesome trailers and intriguing plot, plus Christian Bale's lead role. I am still going to see this movie, but I really hadn't expected this.

Feel free to share your thoughts on the subject.

Tigerman950

meh rotten tomatoes are just a bunch of elitest snoobs, let them think what they want to. I am pumped for this movie, i think it has an awesome trailer, so im still seein it.

Moroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#95 Moroes
Member since 2008 • 2041 Posts
Making a sequel after the success of the 2nd one is franchise suicide. I was looking forward to this, but with every article I read (such as this one), the less I want to see the movie :(.
FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 FirstDiscovery
Member since 2008 • 5508 Posts
Terminator 3 got something like 70% and it was easily one of the worst films i had EVER seen
Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#97 Rekunta
Member since 2002 • 8275 Posts

[QUOTE="Tigerman950"]

Many of you will be surprised to know that Terminator Salvation currently holds a 24% on the review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes. This, to me and to many others, is very, very disappointing. I had expected this to be very well received from critics (and I'm sure many of you have as well) due to the awesome trailers and intriguing plot, plus Christian Bale's lead role. I am still going to see this movie, but I really hadn't expected this.

Feel free to share your thoughts on the subject.

Bardock47

meh rotten tomatoes are just a bunch of elitest snoobs, let them think what they want to. I am pumped for this movie, i think it has an awesome trailer, so im still seein it.

Rotten Tomatoes simply compiles all the reviews on the net and bases the percentage on that. They did not give it a 24%, that's the general consensus from various site reviews combined.

andalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 andalore
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts

I dont need any critics telling me wether its good or bad, I'll make up my own mind when i go see it :)

Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#99 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
shoot. the trailer was so awesome. i think i'll have to see it anyhow.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#100 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
... I can't say I am surprised after looking the director and such they picked for the movie.. Seriously what the hell man? Why can't these big profile movies draw in veteran directors and writers who have been making successful movies for over 15 years..