Smoking should be banned in public completely ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yourmajesty90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#301 yourmajesty90
Member since 2006 • 1420 Posts

[QUOTE="DavidianMH"] I've never heard of anyone dying from passive-smoking :? And you know it takes hundreds of thousands of cigs to kill someone right?Zensword

Now you do.

"We now know that 53,800 people die every year from secondhand smoke exposure. This number is based on the midpoint numbers for heart disease deaths (48,500), lung cancer deaths (3,000), and SIDS deaths (2,300) as calculated in the 1997 California EPA Report on Secondhand Smoke."

www.no-smoke.org/getthefacts.php?id=13

Thanks for the link! :D
Someone very close died, and it was related to smoking. So, I kinda been there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e97585ea928c
deactivated-5e97585ea928c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#302 deactivated-5e97585ea928c
Member since 2006 • 8521 Posts

[QUOTE="Zensword"]

[QUOTE="DavidianMH"] I've never heard of anyone dying from passive-smoking :? And you know it takes hundreds of thousands of cigs to kill someone right?yourmajesty90

Now you do.

"We now know that 53,800 people die every year from secondhand smoke exposure. This number is based on the midpoint numbers for heart disease deaths (48,500), lung cancer deaths (3,000), and SIDS deaths (2,300) as calculated in the 1997 California EPA Report on Secondhand Smoke."

This thread is mixing up second hand smoking and passive smoke inhalation every 2nd post..

SoBaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#303 SoBaus
Member since 2011 • 546 Posts

[QUOTE="Zensword"]

[QUOTE="DavidianMH"] I've never heard of anyone dying from passive-smoking :? And you know it takes hundreds of thousands of cigs to kill someone right?yourmajesty90

Now you do.

Sad for your loss, my grandmother smoked 2 packs a day for 60 years and didnt die of a smoking related illness.

different strokes i suppose.

But that website actually has no credible information, they dont even link the studies these claims are based off of.... would get marked down in a term paper.

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts

Sad for your loss, my grandmother smoked 2 packs a day for 60 years and didnt die of a smoking related illness.

But that website actually has no credible information, they dont even link the studies these claims are based off of.... would get marked down in a term paper.

SoBaus

1. Your grandmother smokes 2 packs a day for 60 years and didnt die of smoking related illness. ?

That's BS.

2. You're funny. You say that website has no credible and yet you claimd 2nd hand smoke doesn't cause cancerdespite a ton of studies say otherwise.

2nd hand smoke doesnt actually cause cancer or anything like that... beyond the scenarios you talked about of non smokers living with smokers... but i actually havent seen any studies that reliably support that theory.

SoBaus

SoBaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305 SoBaus
Member since 2011 • 546 Posts

[QUOTE="SoBaus"]

[QUOTE="yourmajesty90"]

Zensword

1. Your grandmother smokes 2 packs a day for 60 years and didnt die of smoking related illness. ?

That's BS.

2. You're funny. You say that website has no credible and yet you claimd 2nd hand smoke doesn't cause cancerdespite a ton of studies say otherwise.

2nd hand smoke doesnt actually cause cancer or anything like that... beyond the scenarios you talked about of non smokers living with smokers... but i actually havent seen any studies that reliably support that theory.

SoBaus

well she died of gall bladder cancer, which is technically a smoking related illness... but thats merely because everything is a smoking related illness. But its also a breathing related illness and an eating related illness. Either way... no lung cancer which is supposedly what smoking causes. Heart disease is becoming more and more common as smoking becomes less common... but heart disease is a smoking related illness.

I believe the amount of smokers that die from smoking is around 1/3rd...

and as the amount of smokers have declined... the rate of lung cancer in non smokers is sharply inclining. So less smokers = more lung cancer in non smokers.

have to wonder how things like heart disease and lung cancer can become more common.... as smoking becomes less common. It almost suggests that maybe, they have nothing to do with smokers.

The reason heart disease and lung cancer rates are on the rise... is because people eat crappy food and breathe in pollution. Smoking has nothing to do with it... or they would be declining along with smoking.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#306 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44614 Posts
only if we can ban cars because I have to smell their exhaust
91210user

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#307 91210user
Member since 2009 • 258 Posts
Yeah it should. I can't tell you how many times some loser smokes and that smoke gets blown into my face and I had to tell them what on earth they're doing.
Magixism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 Magixism
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Yea, walking past a hundred people and smoking, that is uncomfortable!
HybridPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 HybridPhoenix
Member since 2007 • 3598 Posts
yeah, it's getting annoying and I'm deathly allergic to smoke.
Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#310 -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts

No.

Because thats where I smoke.

rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 rcignoni
Member since 2004 • 8863 Posts
I mean, I don't like the smell of smoke, but I respect their right to do it.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

Smoking needs to be banned entirely. I read somewhere--probably on this forum--that second hand smoke in any quantity is harmful. Since the human species is currently limited to one planet, therefore smoking anywhere on Earth harms me. So everyone must stop smoking.

rastotm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313 rastotm
Member since 2011 • 1380 Posts

[QUOTE="yourmajesty90"]

[QUOTE="Zensword"]

Now you do.

FrostyPhantasm

This thread is mixing up second hand smoking and passive smoke inhalation every 2nd post..

Tell me the difference between second hand smoking and passive smoking? As far as i know it's exactly the same...

Basides that, people here are just ignoring the facts.

Fact: Second hand/passive smoking can cause cancer.
Fact: Second hand smoking only poses a danger to one's health if the exposure is repeated a high amount of times a week over a period of years and mostly in closed spaces.
Fact: Statistics about death's of second hand smoking are often compromised because it doesn't account for people who quit smoking themselves but still enjoy the company of their smoking friends.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

It needs to be banned period.

Gnomefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 Gnomefan
Member since 2009 • 1048 Posts

This. :P

OmniGo0se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 OmniGo0se
Member since 2011 • 158 Posts

Smoking needs to be banned entirely. I read somewhere--probably on this forum--that second hand smoke in any quantity is harmful. Since the human species is currently limited to one planet, therefore smoking anywhere on Earth harms me. So everyone must stop smoking.

Palantas
I Think I'm going to go smoke a cigarette just in your honor right now... I just want to know where half the people against smoking get there facts and percentages of how bad it is. Does every death of a smoking from something that could be caused by cigarettes automatically become a death caused by smoking? There are MANY other things in every day life that can cause the same illness and I don't believe if we have a way to tell if it was the cigarettes or all the other toxins that cars, factories, power lines... ect...
Red_PSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 Red_PSP
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
No smokers. I can't stand it if people smoke outside stores. Is it to bad to just smoke at home? But because they make money out of it, they are not going to stop it.
tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 tofu-lion91
Member since 2008 • 13496 Posts
"We now know that 53,800 people die every year from secondhand smoke exposure.Zensword
This fact will refer to people LIVING with smokers, being in close, indoor proximity to them. There's no way of attributing someone's death to second hand smoke from people smoking in general public.
rastotm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 rastotm
Member since 2011 • 1380 Posts

[QUOTE="Zensword"]"We now know that 53,800 people die every year from secondhand smoke exposure.tofu-lion91
This fact will refer to people LIVING with smokers, being in close, indoor proximity to them. There's no way of attributing someone's death to second hand smoke from people smoking in general public.

I'd like to how much of those 53.800 people used to smoke but quit smoking while remaining in the same 'smoking' environment.
Considering quite a bit of smokers have close friends who smoke or used to smoke.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

[QUOTE="I"]

OmniGo0se

I Think I'm going to go smoke a cigarette just in your honor right now...

ZOMGS!! Stop killing me!

arad96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#321 arad96
Member since 2009 • 7783 Posts

Yeah, although they should be allowed to smoke somwhere, since that would be unfair to them.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#322 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Umm, definitely no where indoors. If theyre outside, I really dont have much of a problem with it

Brawler-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#323 Brawler-Dude
Member since 2008 • 1418 Posts

It depends on there area in which it is being done. I walk home from school, and no duh you can't smoke on school grounds. So all the smokers gather no joke like 1 centimeter away from the school zone and smoke, and I have to walk past it everyday. I actually hold my breath when i walk past because I actually can't breath when I inhale the smoke. Areas like that, yeah it should be banned, others, you can't reall wipe it out completely I guess

MistressMinako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#324 MistressMinako
Member since 2008 • 45964 Posts
I don't really care either way. Just they better not get offended when I move away from them because they stink.
marcl18123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 marcl18123
Member since 2006 • 2050 Posts
i can understand the ban on doorways and entrances but banning it completely outdoors is just ridiculous, in my town its already banned inside every building just about, they dont even have a separate sealed off section anymore. If it bothers u, that means your standing to close. And if you think its, still a bother and worried about your health, why not ban anything and everything that make smoke, pollution ect. Because im sure car exhaust isnt too good for you either.
wii60_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 wii60_3
Member since 2007 • 2017 Posts
the first time you breath in the smoke the cilia in your lungs start to die
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#327 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
Yes, it's disgusting and affects people around them.
DarthSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 DarthSatan
Member since 2005 • 4607 Posts

Banning smoking outside? So when do the death camps open?

lime_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 lime_93
Member since 2007 • 602 Posts
I smoke marijuana so I have to go against your thought even though you are entitled to your opinion I wish I could smoke weed on the streets w/o the cops trying to arrest me
freanster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 freanster
Member since 2010 • 33 Posts

yes, for my sake, smoking should be banned all over in the world.

there are many of us who gets ill from second hand smoking.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

freanster
Smokers dont care. Addicts just want their fix.
OmniGo0se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 OmniGo0se
[QUOTE="freanster"]

Nibroc420

I don't care about my Fix... I just want to watch the world burn. I love to hear the screams of pain from children. I love to see the feeling of pain in the eyes of women. I love your pain!
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 Nibroc420
[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="freanster"]

OmniGo0se

I don't care about my Fix... I just want to watch the world burn. I love to hear the screams of pain from children. I love to see the feeling of pain in the eyes of women. I love your pain!

You dont care about your fix? Hows that a fix?
OmniGo0se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 OmniGo0se
[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="OmniGo0se"][QUOTE="Nibroc420"] Smokers dont care. Addicts just want their fix.

I'm not sure. You said smokers only care about their fix and I'm a smoker...
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 Nibroc420
[QUOTE="OmniGo0se"][QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="OmniGo0se"] I don't care about my Fix... I just want to watch the world burn. I love to hear the screams of pain from children. I love to see the feeling of pain in the eyes of women. I love your pain!

So when you crave a smoke, you smoke, you "get your fix" :|
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="freanster"]

Nibroc420

Funny, I'm a smoker and I consider myself far more considerate than many other people. Personally I only smoke when I'm at home, and even then it's only outside. Unfortunately others are not so considerate. I have to deal with heavily perfumed (which gives me headaches) people all the time.

OmniGo0se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 OmniGo0se
[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="OmniGo0se"][QUOTE="Nibroc420"] You dont care about your fix? Hows that a fix?

Sorry man I no longer know what you're trying to get at anymore. I do have cravings to smoke, but what makes me want to smoke more is to see the angry look of the pregnant lady walking by as I blow smoke at her.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts
[QUOTE="OmniGo0se"][QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="OmniGo0se"] I'm not sure. You said smokers only care about their fix and I'm a smoker...

Sorry man I no longer know what you're trying to get at anymore. I do have cravings to smoke, but what makes me want to smoke more is to see the angry look of the pregnant lady walking by as I blow smoke at her.

This is why people want smoking banned outdoors.
hensothor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 hensothor
Member since 2011 • 522 Posts
The anti-smoking campaigns have really done their jobs. We might as well kill off that fifth of our population based off of how some people here are talking. Mass genocide is the lesser sin...
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 LJS9502_basic
The anti-smoking campaigns have really done their jobs. We might as well kill off that fifth of our population based off of how some people here are talking. Mass genocide is the lesser sin...hensothor
Actually you'll find that ex smokers are the most militant about removing smoking.....non smokers just don't want it in their face. Generally....
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341 worlock77

[QUOTE="OmniGo0se"][QUOTE="Nibroc420"] So when you crave a smoke, you smoke, you "get your fix" :|LJS9502_basic

This is why people want smoking banned outdoors.

Did you miss the glaringly obvious sarcasm in that post?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342 LJS9502_basic

worlock77

Which has zero to do with that being a reason why people want smoking banned. Lack of courtesy.;)

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

LJS9502_basic

Which has zero to do with that being a reason why people want smoking banned. Lack of courtesy.;)

Whatever you say.

HerbieCucumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 HerbieCucumber
Member since 2009 • 601 Posts
I'll put my cigarette out on the nearest cute life form before that happens.
ZEYAAM898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 ZEYAAM898
Member since 2009 • 1921 Posts

Very nice of you. But will this thread really change it all?

OmniGo0se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 OmniGo0se

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

LJS9502_basic

It goes both ways. I get really sick of anti smokers walking up to me when I'm off by an ashtray on campus and they get in my face about how bad and how stupid smoking is.
tmaclabi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347 tmaclabi
Member since 2006 • 17109 Posts
Smoking is really bad for the health and it greatly affects non-smokers, I mean the effects of (second-hand smoke) It should be banned publicly, definitely.