DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56108 Posts

Didn't care much for PG as it was just an echo chamber and I come to GS for gaming news & discussion games, not political BS anyway. Look you guys, I get it some of you like PG but others like myself only come here for the games...and we also come for system wars as it s way more fun to go there for gaming hidden shills bickering which makes PG look like an afterthought. System Wars is still good, just go there for gaming fights and forgot PG ever existed.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#53 poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

@girlusocrazy: I was talking more about how a forum known for having a lot of divisive and mean-spirited comments rather than actual discussion that goes somewhere is now gone. From a video game website.

Good riddance.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178846 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Odd how there were two moderators in there quite a bit. I'd imagine if any abusive language existed then they'd have dealt with it.

I think it's just oh new management gotta clean house. They do it with mergers all the time.

They wanted to buy gamespot because it got hits, and they think if they put something new there, it'll get hits. Or some newly minted MBA logic.

I think they'll lose some hits with people leaving. OT used to be busy as well but they kept chipping away at it and now look at it. Used to have threads on the next page in less than a day.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 LJS9502_basic

@davillain said:

Didn't care much for PG as it was just an echo chamber and I come to GS for gaming news & discussion games, not political BS anyway. Look you guys, I get it some of you like PG but others like myself only come here for the games...and we also come for system wars as it s way more fun to go there for gaming hidden shills bickering which makes PG look like an afterthought. System Wars is still good, just go there for gaming fights and forgot PG ever existed.

Also thought SW was silly. Arguing over a console. It's about the games and as long as you have playing them, that's all that matters.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 LJS9502_basic

@girlusocrazy said:

@LJS9502_basic: Arguing is dumb but sometimes dumb things can be fun if you are a playful type of person. I guess it's all about perspective.

Used to be in OT but now the topics are so sad. Yes and no questions do nothing to spark conversation. Listing movies/tv you watched doesn't do much either.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 683 Posts

@uninspiredcup: i agree with your point of view. Gamespot does bring politics to it's main page many times, so why is political discussion banned?

Also about offensive language, most threads in political gamer didn't have offensive language, there were some childish quarrels (but less so than system wars)

An also they didn't even bother to point out what was so offensive that warranted the closing down of the forum (they could have simply mentioned it and make a new thread informing everyone not to use them)

I feel a bit disappointed, and it feels that they are being dishonest.

But well, such is life. I will have ti check if there are other gaming forums that are a bit more tolerant and open.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8772 Posts

Fairly certain this is what caused PG's death.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By DEVILinIRON
@LJS9502_basic said:
@poe13 said:

@LJS9502_basic: Sure, I don't care. They can do what they want for the rules of their site. I don't have to agree with them. I have more going on with my life than daily needing to make snide one-liner remarks back to people who don't agree with me politically.

Hey why don't you write your congressman and tell him to get Gamespot to bring back Political Gamers so you can resume your important business?

Man OT sure went down hill.

Man, you are the second person to bash the state of OT. I don't see you posting topics. Stop with the complaining, please.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 LJS9502_basic

@DEVILinIRON said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Man, you are the second person to bash the state of OT. I don't see you posting topics. Stop complaining, please.

OT used to be very good. Your opinion is just that. Stop complaining.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By DEVILinIRON
@LJS9502_basic said:
@DEVILinIRON said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Man, you are the second person to bash the state of OT. I don't see you posting topics. Stop complaining, please.

OT used to be very good.

That was a long time ago.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By DEVILinIRON
@LJS9502_basic said:
@girlusocrazy said:

@LJS9502_basic: Arguing is dumb but sometimes dumb things can be fun if you are a playful type of person. I guess it's all about perspective.

Used to be in OT but now the topics are so sad. Yes and no questions do nothing to spark conversation. Listing movies/tv you watched doesn't do much either.

You really are whining. Your problem is you are lazy and can't ever admit you are wrong. Waaah

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#65 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

@DEVILinIRON:

Doubt it. Well, at least I don't think that's the only contributing factor. That was two months ago, and it sounds like your everyday moderation issues to me. As the response said and as I said earlier in this thread, mods have lives.

Aside from that being very ignorant and hilarious ("spiritual issues" LOL), it's pretty standard to encounter such stuff on the internet these days. I think it's a culmination of many different incidents and factors.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#66  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58973 Posts
@DEVILinIRON said:

Man, you are the second person to bash the state of OT. I don't see you posting topics. Stop with the complaining, please.

Yea, ngl this kind of stuff irks me whenever I see it.

98% of the time the people who complain about the glory of "old times", contribute nothing themselves.

And fine, not obligated to. You owe people nothing. But you are part of the problem you are complaining about.

(and to be clear not directing that at LJS9502_basic) I enjoy reading his Richmond Avenal from the IT Crowd posts, they delight and warm me cockles.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 LJS9502_basic

@DEVILinIRON said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@girlusocrazy said:

You really are whining. Your problem is you are lazy and can't ever admit you are wrong. Waaah

Opinions can't be wrong. If they are then You really are whining. Your problem is you are lazy and can't ever admit you are wrong. Waaah.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 poe13

@DEVILinIRON: I wouldnt bother arguing with LJSbasic. Like you said, he wont ever admit he is wrong. Best thing to do with those kinds of ppl is ignore them. They'll leave and find some other website to spread their garbage personality onto. Its pretty clear he is quite upset his political forum kicked the bucket...on a video game website. Let that sink in.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8221 Posts

@poe13: time for me to bring the Trump Train to system wars

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 LJS9502_basic

@poe13 said:

@DEVILinIRON: I wouldnt bother arguing with LJSbasic. Like you said, he wont ever admit he is wrong. Best thing to do with those kinds of ppl is ignore them. They'll leave and find some other website to spread their garbage personality onto. Its pretty clear he is quite upset his political forum kicked the bucket...on a video game website. Let that sink in.

You don't even know me. I haven't talked about PG forum for awhile now. Just addressed those who whined about it.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 poe13

@girlusocrazy: Im not sure about quality content, but almost anything beats going around in circles arguing with someone on the internet who wont admit they are wrong.

Anyways, Ive had enough of this. Sorry to all who lost their politics forum on a video game website but the writing was on the wall, imo. Im sure there are plenty of other sites you can go to to argue about how awful Trump was and how senile Biden is and whatnot.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#73  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

This is unfortunate.

Political Gamers was really to only board that was even reasonably active on this site; closing it down is bound to lose members and kill the community further. I never saw anything there routinely that was so objectionable as to warrant moderation, perhaps occasionally, but despite how heated it got it was conducted, for the most part, respectfully, so I don't know if I buy their reasoning "abusive" past pushing an excuse.

Won't be the same. Other forums don't offer much, GAF shut down their politics months ago, ERA allows political topics, but it's nowhere near a "discussion", only a pre-text to ban those who don't contribute to the echo-chamber they do allow. Politics is part of life, and sure, some may construe political opinions as abusive, even though they weren't intended that way. This is really too bad, I don't understand the rationale behind this and don't want to leave this site, but am seeing less and less reason to stay.

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 2192 Posts

Might as well kill SW and be done with the forums.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@girlusocrazy: How is someone's subjective opinion wrong? Seems to me if you want someone to admit their opinion is wrong then you have the problem and are wrong and judging by the individual's responses, they should admit they are, in fact, wrong.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 LJS9502_basic

@MirkoS77: Yep. It was active and unless you want to argue about consoles, none of the other forums are active anymore. Reason I migrated to PG was the activity. OT is a shell of it's former self.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 poe13

@girlusocrazy: From my experience, if ppl argue for a long time back n forth on the internet about anything, yes they very much are serious about the topic otherwise they would drop it and piss off like you say.

Its why I dont do it as much as I used to. You can find yourself going down a rabbit hole of back n forths with ppl for some really dumb arguments. Arguing in real life is much more meaningful because the person is right in front of you and you are getting their emotions as well as words so you can tell right away if its serious or not based on their tone and whatnot. Ppl online can and often are really flippant about anything. So to spend a lot of time with someone who may or may not be serious or truly understanding of your position is an exercise in futility.

That being said, sure if all you want is to plant the idea in someone's mind about why you feel what you feel on a topic then that makes sense too.

SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 SheevPalpamemes

@LJS9502_basic: It is my opinion that opinions can be wrong.

Checkmate.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 LJS9502_basic

@girlusocrazy said:

@LJS9502_basic: On the internet, someone can tell you that you're wrong without a factual basis. And who cares if they do?

Oh I don't care. But I don't like smug hypocrisy.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 DEVILinIRON

@LJS9502_basic said:
@girlusocrazy said:

@LJS9502_basic: On the internet, someone can tell you that you're wrong without a factual basis. And who cares if they do?

Oh god. Hahaha

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 LJS9502_basic

@DEVILinIRON said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@girlusocrazy said:

Oh god. Hahaha

Well I wasn't talking about you but if you feel it fits, who am I to disagree.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By DEVILinIRON
@LJS9502_basic said:
@DEVILinIRON said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@girlusocrazy said:

Oh god. Hahaha

No. I feel it fits you to a tee. "smug hypocrisy."

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 LJS9502_basic

@sheevpalpamemes said:

Checkmate.

LOL Sheev, I do think you checkmated yourself.

SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 SheevPalpamemes

@LJS9502_basic: opinions can be wrong

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By LJS9502_basic
@DEVILinIRON said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

No. I feel it fits you to a tee.

I haven't said anything in here that comes close to hypocrisy. But those complaining about other peoples opinions sure have. Might want to pull out your dictionary. You seem lost.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 DEVILinIRON

@LJS9502_basic said:
@DEVILinIRON said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

No. I feel it fits you to a tee.

I haven't said anything in here that comes close to hypocrisy. But those complaining about other peoples opinions sure have. Might want to pull out your dictionary. You seem lost.

Oh gee, nice comeback. Hypocrisy comes from not even realizing you are talking about yourself.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By LJS9502_basic
@sheevpalpamemes said:

@LJS9502_basic: opinions can be wrong

Not on subjective things. What you like for instance is an opinion that can NEVER be wrong. Unless, I guess you're in the habit of lying to yourself about what you like. Do you lie to yourself?

SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By SheevPalpamemes

@LJS9502_basic: By using a logic loop that proves what you said wrong?

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By DEVILinIRON

@LJS9502_basic said:
@sheevpalpamemes said:

Checkmate.

LOL Sheev, I do think you checkmated yourself.

Still smug. I know when I'm wrong, you don't.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 LJS9502_basic

@DEVILinIRON said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Oh gee, nice comeback. Hypocrisy comes from not even realizing you are talking about yourself.

The fact that I said OT is slow is OPINION. Your hypocrisy is trying to force me to accept your opinion. Failure for you all around and stop complaining because I think differently than you. You should know better.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By LJS9502_basic
@sheevpalpamemes said:

@LJS9502_basic: By using a logic loop that proves what you said wrong?

Nope. My opinion is not wrong. This is not a factual debate. It's subjective.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 LJS9502_basic

@DEVILinIRON said:

Still smug. I know when I'm wrong, you don't.

Nope. You whined because I said something about OT. YOU are not the only person allowed to have an opinion. So you are, in fact, wrong here and I haven't seen you admit it.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6867 Posts

I posted in that shithole to often and wasted a bunch of time. it's probably for the best.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 DEVILinIRON

@LJS9502_basic said:
@DEVILinIRON said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

The fact that I said OT is slow is OPINION. Your hypocrisy is trying to force me to accept your opinion. Failure for you all around and stop complaining because I think differently than you. You should know better.

You should know better than to bash OT. I am insulted by your opinion. Leave if you think it sucks. Or post a topic and please stop with the whiny de-constructive comments.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 LJS9502_basic

@DEVILinIRON said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

You should know better than to bash OT. I am insulted by your opinion. Leave if you think it sucks. Or post a topic and please stop with the whiny de-constructive comments.

You stop replying if you're going to have a meltdown over differing opinions. See there is your hypocrisy again. Leave if it bothers you but I bet you'll keep replying here.

SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 SheevPalpamemes

@LJS9502_basic: my statement proved that opinions can be wrong.