Mike Tyson vs. Bruce Lee, who would win?

• 184 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

User Lists: 0

#151 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]

Because Lee's move would make more Kinectic energy than Tyson's, thus hitting faster, Lee could hit faster, way faster than tyson, sure tyson was fast, but lee was faster, his kicks would easily best any of tyson's punchs, you also seem to be forgetting that Lee was incredibly fit and also strong. Hell, how do you think that the one inch punch technique works? it uses kinetic energy to cause that much damage from 1-2 cm away, now imagine how hard that would be with a regular's punch space.

Aljosa23

You have no idea what you're talking about. The 1 inch punch isn't an actual fighting technique, it's an exercise designed to improve your punching technique. Lee was fit and strong sure, but HE'S NO MIKE TYSON nor is any other comparison in this thread relevant since they're not Mike Tyson. Tyson fights FOR A LIVING, Lee does it in films with the aid of high-speed cameras.

I know that 1 inch punch wouldn't be used on a fight, you completely missed my point, I said that if it could create such a force from such a small distance, then a regular punch from normal distance would do more damage. and the fact that hitting with more speed does makes your hits harder. The incredible part about 1ip is not that Lee shattered a wooden plank (he didn't just went through it, he shattered it), a lot of men could do that, Tyson could do it with no sweat, the incredible part is how he does it from such a ridiculously short distance. And in case you dont know, Lee didn't used faster cameras, they actually had to slow down his footage because the regular 24fps camera couldn't film it properly, before you go "oh no thats all bs just propaganda!" any video editor guy will tell you that his fights ARE slowed down and that they were being recorded with a 32 fps camera, there would be no point in using a 32 fps camera if they didn't had to because it would be counter productive for the speeding up process.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#152 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Roy Jones could take BL too

Bucked20

Roy Jones Jr. is the best pound for pound fighter ever. He'd destroy Lee even easier than Tyson would.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 lightleggy
[QUOTE="lightleggy"][Hell, how do you think that the one inch punch technique works? it uses kinetic energy to cause that much damage from 1-2 cm away, now imagine how hard that would be with a regular's punch space.v13_KiiLtz
hll the one inch punch comes from Wing Chun you dope and it was to sustain the concept of "closest target, closest weapon". it has nothing to do with power omg educate yourself fool

I know what 1ip is, in fact many people say that what Bruce Lee did was not 1ip, that he never actually knew the real technique and was just improvising. My point still stands, its something that can create an incredible amount of force from 1 inch away
v13_KiiLtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#154 v13_KiiLtz
Member since 2010 • 2791 Posts
[QUOTE="v13_KiiLtz"][QUOTE="lightleggy"][Hell, how do you think that the one inch punch technique works? it uses kinetic energy to cause that much damage from 1-2 cm away, now imagine how hard that would be with a regular's punch space.lightleggy
hll the one inch punch comes from Wing Chun you dope and it was to sustain the concept of "closest target, closest weapon". it has nothing to do with power omg educate yourself fool

I know what 1ip is, in fact many people say that what Bruce Lee did was not 1ip, that he never actually knew the real technique and was just improvising. My point still stands, its something that can create an incredible amount of force from 1 inch away

even so you're discrediting tyson as a fighter bruce lee even said that a professional boxer (any boxer) can be one of the most dangerous opponents you can come up against.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 lightleggy
[QUOTE="v13_KiiLtz"][QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="v13_KiiLtz"] hll the one inch punch comes from Wing Chun you dope and it was to sustain the concept of "closest target, closest weapon". it has nothing to do with power omg educate yourself fool

even so you're discrediting tyson as a fighter bruce lee even said that a professional boxer (any boxer) can be one of the most dangerous opponents you can come up against.

Im not, go and read what I have posted, I have said that Tyson would be a brutal opponent but that Lee would still have the edge. Boxers usually cant react properly to moves outside of boxing. And thats also funny comming from Lee, because he was also a boxer and there are actually records of the guy winning boxing championships in the late 50s on hong kong.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

I know that 1 inch punch wouldn't be used on a fight, you completely missed my point, I said that if it could create such a force from such a small distance, then a regular punch from normal distance would do more damage. and the fact that hitting with more speed does makes your hits harder. The incredible part about 1ip is not that Lee shattered a wooden plank (he didn't just went through it, he shattered it), a lot of men could do that, Tyson could do it with no sweat, the incredible part is how he does it from such a ridiculously short distance. And in case you dont know, Lee didn't used faster cameras, they actually had to slow down his footage because the regular 24fps camera couldn't film it properly, before you go "oh no thats all bs just propaganda!" any video editor guy will tell you that his fights ARE slowed down and that they were being recorded with a 32 fps camera, there would be no point in using a 32 fps camera if they didn't had to because it would be counter productive for the speeding up process.lightleggy
That's all well and good if true but first he would need to hit Tyson. Tyson is at least 3 inches taller with a 71 inch reach and incredible speed. He's also an amazing, if underrated counter puncher. There's just no way Bruce Lee would be able to do anything before being overwhelmed by Tyson. If he manages to throw a punch, what then? He'd need to somehow manage to knock-out Tyson in one otherwise he'd be done.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]I know that 1 inch punch wouldn't be used on a fight, you completely missed my point, I said that if it could create such a force from such a small distance, then a regular punch from normal distance would do more damage. and the fact that hitting with more speed does makes your hits harder. The incredible part about 1ip is not that Lee shattered a wooden plank (he didn't just went through it, he shattered it), a lot of men could do that, Tyson could do it with no sweat, the incredible part is how he does it from such a ridiculously short distance. And in case you dont know, Lee didn't used faster cameras, they actually had to slow down his footage because the regular 24fps camera couldn't film it properly, before you go "oh no thats all bs just propaganda!" any video editor guy will tell you that his fights ARE slowed down and that they were being recorded with a 32 fps camera, there would be no point in using a 32 fps camera if they didn't had to because it would be counter productive for the speeding up process.Aljosa23

That's all well and good if true but first he would need to hit Tyson. Tyson is at least 3 inches taller with a 71 inch reach and incredible speed. He's also an amazing, if underrated counter puncher. There's just no way Bruce Lee would be able to do anything before being overwhelmed by Tyson. If he manages to throw a punch, what then? He'd need to somehow manage to knock-out Tyson in one otherwise he'd be done.

I never said that Tyson was slow, Im against the idea that because someone is big it means they are slow, I have mentioned that he was also very fast.

But Lee is still faster, and has a wider array of moves that Tyson would have no way to counter.

a swift kick at tyson's kneecaps could be a dealbreaker to him.

Lee also had incredible reflexes, you should read the whole thread because these exact points that you are discussing have already been discussed here, Lee's reflexes and hand to eye coordination were so amazing that he could light up several matches being thrown at him with a nunchuck without missing a single one.

And again my point still stands, Lee could hit like a truck (just a metaphor) because of his speed, so you got someone who is faster than tyson, has more moves than tyson, also has an incredibly good physical condition. I'd say that it would be a great match, and tbh there would be no way to know the winner without the match taking place (so we'll never know), im just saying that people shouldn't be shouting "LOL TYSON WINS BY A MILE OFC LEE HAS NO CHANCE HE WAS SOOO SMALL TYSON WOULD KNOCK HIM OUT IN ASECOND LOLOLOL"

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#158 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
Are the fighting in a ring, or in an open area? Bruce Lee would use leg kicks to cut off Tysons mobility and negate his reach advantage. As long as Bruce Lee kept his distance and chipped away at Tyson, he'd win.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

[QUOTE="I"]

Why is it always Bruce Lee in these threads? Why Jet Li? Or Jackie Chan? Or Steven Seagal? Or any other f***ing movie star?

You have a movie star who claims he can do all sorts of dangerous things, but you've never, ever, actually seen him do his moves against a real, resisting opponent. And you just take him at his word that he can do these amazing things. I guess people are gullible. This is why bullshido outfits make money. Go watch UFC 1-5. A whole slew of people thought they could do amazing things until they were dropped into a real fight.

lightleggy

You are an idiot, you believe that because these people are actors, that they would be helpless in a real fight.

No, dumbsh!t, I didn't say that, and I have no idea why you think I did.

funny because I bet any of those guys, even Li would beat the living **** out of you in 2 seconds.

lightleggy

Newsflash: I'm not a world champion boxer (I'm just a former soldier and security contractor). Maybe look at the thread title; it says "Mike Tyson vs. Bruce Lee," not "Palantas vs. Bruce Lee."

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Palantas

I like how the people saying Lee are (hopefully) aware that no actual footage of any of his fights or ridiculous feats exist outside of his friends saying it and on Bruce Lee fansites lol. I love Lee as an action star and writer but a fighter able to take on people who do it for money, especially a monster like Mike Tyson, is ridiculous. So sad how Lee's legacy has been reduced to mysticism akin to Wong Fei-Hung.

Aljosa23

Well said.

Hey, Bruce Lee fans: Please produce a video of Lee in a fight against a real, resisting opponent. I can find plenty of these for Tyson on YouTube.

DaJuicyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 DaJuicyMan
Member since 2010 • 3557 Posts

Tyson would win and this is coming from a big Bruce Lee fan.

Chris_Williams
Avatar image for fernandmondego_
fernandmondego_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 fernandmondego_
Member since 2005 • 3170 Posts
Tyson would take his money, eat his lunch than bang his girlfriend.
Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

Tyson would take his money, eat his lunch than bang his girlfriend.fernandmondego_

how does that work after Lee kicks Tyson in the balls?

fernandmondego_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 fernandmondego_

[QUOTE="fernandmondego_"]Tyson would take his money, eat his lunch than bang his girlfriend.Storm_Marine

I'm sure Lee's girlfriend would massage them very well.
gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#165 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts
I'd rather see Bruce fight Ali. Tyson is overrated.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

I'd rather see Bruce fight Ali. Tyson is overrated.gamefan67
wut.

Overrated how?

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 lightleggy
This thread is just pointless. It's obvious that no fan will admit that the opposite guy will win. And tbh tyson's fans only argument to say that tyson wins is "he is tyson, the other guy is lee, tyson wins because he is bigger". The only side which provided actual scientifical info backing up their "champ" was Lee side...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 deactivated-598fc45371265

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

[QUOTE="fernandmondego_"]Tyson would take his money, eat his lunch than bang his girlfriend.fernandmondego_

I'm sure Lee's girlfriend would massage them very well.

yes but they'd be detached.

gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#169 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts

[QUOTE="gamefan67"]I'd rather see Bruce fight Ali. Tyson is overrated.Aljosa23

wut.

Overrated how?

The way I see it he was never really tested as a fighter except in his fights against Holyfield and Lewis in which he lost. Most of the people Tyson man-handled were either weak or past their prime.
killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts
[QUOTE="gamefan67"]I'd rather see Bruce fight Ali. Tyson is overrated.

Ali VS Inoki http://youtu.be/quQazKRAZYs?t=5m27s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 deactivated-598fc45371265

[QUOTE="gamefan67"]I'd rather see Bruce fight Ali. Tyson is overrated.killzowned24

the fight of the ages

fernandmondego_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 fernandmondego_
[QUOTE="killzowned24"][QUOTE="gamefan67"]I'd rather see Bruce fight Ali. Tyson is overrated.

It was embarrassing how he kept going for the sweep and fail.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 lightleggy
[QUOTE="fernandmondego_"][QUOTE="killzowned24"][QUOTE="gamefan67"]I'd rather see Bruce fight Ali. Tyson is overrated.

It was embarrassing how he kept going for the sweep and fail.

It would be the same, or worse, for Tyson.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]

[QUOTE="I"]

Why is it always Bruce Lee in these threads? Why Jet Li? Or Jackie Chan? Or Steven Seagal? Or any other f***ing movie star?

You have a movie star who claims he can do all sorts of dangerous things, but you've never, ever, actually seen him do his moves against a real, resisting opponent. And you just take him at his word that he can do these amazing things. I guess people are gullible. This is why bullshido outfits make money. Go watch UFC 1-5. A whole slew of people thought they could do amazing things until they were dropped into a real fight.

Palantas

You are an idiot, you believe that because these people are actors, that they would be helpless in a real fight.

No, dumbsh!t, I didn't say that, and I have no idea why you think I did.

funny because I bet any of those guys, even Li would beat the living **** out of you in 2 seconds.

lightleggy

Newsflash: I'm not a world champion boxer (I'm just a former soldier and security contractor). Maybe look at the thread title; it says "Mike Tyson vs. Bruce Lee," not "Palantas vs. Bruce Lee."

You were still implying that Lee was not a real fighter by saying that he has no recorded fights or anything (he does have fights on record, even tournaments won from the 50s, but this is east asia in the middle of the cold war we are talking about, martial arts PPV wasn't a thing back then, it's obvious that there would be no recorded footage of fights) Bruce Lee created a martial arts discipline called Juet Kuon Do, which to date, is recognized as one of the most useful oriental martial arts, and unlike many western martial arts, it has a philosophy (lee majored in philosophy), it has "tennets" which are actually useful, it's not a "just hit your opponent till he drops!" martial art. Also, as much as lee haters...hate it, his feats were not exaggerated. Here's a clip on the 1 hand push ups with 2 fingers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQZ_K8j7ISA It would take an actual medical and scientifical crew to determine wheter or not his feats were exaggerated, so until they dont run tests on the subject, you really cant say if they were fake or whatnot.
Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

LMAO

Tyson would completely destroy Lee. This comparison is stupid as fvck

Aljosa23

krazykillaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 krazykillaz
Member since 2002 • 21141 Posts
Tyson. Dead people tend not to put up much of a fight.
Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#177 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

in a street fight i think bruce lee, but obviously is a ring tyson ko him

BillyMays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 BillyMays
Member since 2002 • 1170 Posts

I never seen footage of any real life fights of bruce lee other than movies. So obviously Id go with the guy that would brutally knockout fools

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#179 sexyweapons
Member since 2009 • 5302 Posts

Just because Lee's small doesn't make him weak,you can be extremely strong and not that big.Also Tyson's never had any real experience at fighting anyone like Lee so he'd be extremely venerable to kicks etc.

caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#181 caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts

tyson has a huge weight advantage and is still living. he would easily win

comp_atkins
I laughed. I think it's 50/50 based on who gets the deadly stike first. Plus is this in a ring? If so Tyson. Construction site? Ill go Lee.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Palantas

You were still implying that Lee was not a real fighter by saying that he has no recorded fights or anythinglightleggy

Yeah, pretty much. He may be a "fighter," but then so am I. He's not a professional fighter, or a proven fighter. A professional fighter has been tested, and you can weigh his abilities against the strength of the opponents he has defeated. Bruce Lee is not in this category. He is in exactly the same category as the other people I mentioned: Jet Li, Jackie Chan, Steven Seagal. He is an actor who practices martial arts. Why people think that makes him one of the greatest fighters of all time is beyond me. It's not just Mike Tyson he's been compared to. We've seen "Bruce Lee vs George St-Pierre" on here. Hell, I'm pretty sure there's been a "Bruce Lee vs. Brock Lesnar," which is insane. I'm not even defending Mike Tyson with this. If you put up Bruce Lee against any high level competitive martial arts champion (judo, karate, wrestling, whatever), I would pick the fighter with the proven record over the fighter who did stunts on camera.

And are you going to provide a source for all these tournaments he supposedly won? Let me guess: He was the first champion of the Kumite that Frank Dux would later win. And you're basically admitting that there is no footage of Lee fighting a real opponent, right?

Bruce Lee created a martial arts discipline called Juet Kuon Do, which to date, is recognized as one of the most useful oriental martial arts

lightleggy

Source? And it's recognized as one of the most useful oriental martial arts by whom? Explain why not a single UFC champion has Jeet Kune Do in his belt list. And your "philosophy" bit was so irrelevant that I'm not even going to addres it.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Palantas

Also, as much as lee haters...hate it, his feats were not exaggerated. Here's a clip on the 1 hand push ups with 2 fingers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQZ_K8j7ISAlightleggy

Oh man, that's so elite and amazing. It's not like there are dozens of people who aren't even professional athletes who can do that:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=two%20finger%20one%20arm%20pushup

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts

It would likely come downto who ever lands the first solid blow. Bruce would fight dirty and Mike would be swinging for the face.