Mike Tyson vs. Bruce Lee, who would win?

• 184 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#51 jim_shorts
Member since 2006 • 7320 Posts

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]Oh and for the guys who dont know: Lee won 3 boxing competitions, and he was never a boxer., he only used Wing Chun to defeat all of his boxing opponents. And he was also a hong kong gang member and it is known that he broke his opponent's arm in one fight when they sucker punched him so hard in the eye that he almost lost it. Yeah, I'd say he would definitely have the edge.Pirate700

None of that would matter. The physical difference between the two would be like a 5 year old fighting a regular grown man.

I think people just don't understand how much bigger Tyson is than Lee. There's a reason weight divisions exist.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#52 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

[QUOTE="InEMplease"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]If Lee took one hit from Tyson, he would not be getting up. He may literally be dead. Lee couldn't do any damage to him anyway. The weight difference is too immense.

Pirate700

600lbs Sumo Vs 169lbs Japanese Man

Please don't compare that fat slob to the brick wall that was Tyson.

Bruce Lee was used to have the **** beaten out from him. The martial art he trained, and his trainer, were some of the best in hong kong in the 50s. This martial art had not been "nerfed" by the west yet, so it was still at one of it's deadliest form. Lee participated in several gang fights, which gives him far more experience than Tyson. Lee was also in peak physical condition, Tyson wouldn't be able to knock him out in 1 hit. His martial art style focused on hitting on places where the pain is "Universal", in other words where you will get the same damage regardless of your weight. Boxing is subpar when compared to other martial arts because it's estrictly fists-only and requires you to face your opponents at all times, plus many of the boxing's techniques (like blocking and dodging) are only "optimized" for boxing, in other words they are not good to block different types of hits (Tyson would have no way to block a roundhouse kick, or a leg sweep, plus the numerous holds that Lee performed flawlessly) Nope, sorry, Lee has the edge in this fight.
VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

To the person that said Bruce trained to look good in movies, I'd have to strongly disagree. He was a martial artist in the truest sense of the term. He was formally trained in Wing Chun, expanded his repertoire by learning Escrima with his friend Dan Inosanto, learned some Kenpo from colleague Ed Parker. He studied Western style boxing, Savate, Jiu Jitsu and whatever fighting system he could get his hands on.

He has so many tools in his fighting toolbelt, I think Bruce would win.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="InEMplease"]

lightleggy

Bruce Lee was used to have the **** beaten out from him.

No he was not used to getting hit from someone that could literally kill him in one hit. Bruce Lee was a very small man. You don't seem the understand the physical differences between the two. It's not a slight to Lee, you are just comparing apples to oranges.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]Oh and for the guys who dont know: Lee won 3 boxing competitions, and he was never a boxer., he only used Wing Chun to defeat all of his boxing opponents. And he was also a hong kong gang member and it is known that he broke his opponent's arm in one fight when they sucker punched him so hard in the eye that he almost lost it. Yeah, I'd say he would definitely have the edge.Pirate700

None of that would matter. The physical difference between the two would be like a 5 year old fighting a regular grown man.

Bruce Lee would fight against opponents much larger than himself and he would still beat the **** out of them.

And people seem to forget Lee was incredibly strong as well.

And no matter how big you are, there are moves that are simply designed to take anyone out (Choke holds for example, or luxations)

In fact, some luxations are more effective when the opponent has a larger muscular mass because it makes extended damage to the tendons.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Better comparison would be Floyd Mayweather vs. Bruce Lee.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]Oh and for the guys who dont know: Lee won 3 boxing competitions, and he was never a boxer., he only used Wing Chun to defeat all of his boxing opponents. And he was also a hong kong gang member and it is known that he broke his opponent's arm in one fight when they sucker punched him so hard in the eye that he almost lost it. Yeah, I'd say he would definitely have the edge.lightleggy

Bruce Lee would fight against opponents much larger than himself and he would still beat the **** out of them.

And no matter how big you are, there are moves that are simply designed to take anyone out (Choke holds for example, or luxations)

In fact, some luxations are more effective when the opponent has a larger muscular mass because it makes extended damage to the tendons.

Dude, just stop. You have Lee on an almost biblical pedestal that he never was at. It would physically be impossible for Lee to do anything to Tyson, much less beat him. It just could not happen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]Oh and for the guys who dont know: Lee won 3 boxing competitions, and he was never a boxer., he only used Wing Chun to defeat all of his boxing opponents. And he was also a hong kong gang member and it is known that he broke his opponent's arm in one fight when they sucker punched him so hard in the eye that he almost lost it. Yeah, I'd say he would definitely have the edge.lightleggy

I'd bet big money none of the people Bruce Lee fought is anywhere near Mike Tyson in terms of skill and physicality.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]Please don't compare that fat slob to the brick wall that was Tyson.

Pirate700

Bruce Lee was used to have the **** beaten out from him.

No he was not used to getting hit from someone that could literally kill him in one hit. Bruce Lee was a very small man. You don't seem the understand the physical differences between the two. It's not a slight to Lee, you are just comparing apples to oranges.

Have you actually seen any martial arts competitions? I have, I used to practice judo, I went to several tournaments and I cant tell you how many times I saw a small "ant" winning against a huge tower. I was once defeated by a 12 years old kid (I was 16 at the time), he trashed me so bad it's even painful to remember, the kid was the junior south american champion and in less than 5 seconds I was alredy on the ground. Lee had more training, experience and skill that Tyson. You also seem to forget that Lee was renowed for his physical fitness methods, which are still considered to be some of the bests by today's experts. He would train his body in all areas, muscular strenght, endurance, cardiovascular condition and agility.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]None of that would matter. The physical difference between the two would be like a 5 year old fighting a regular grown man.

Pirate700

Dude, just stop. You have Lee on an almost biblical pedestal that he never was at. It would physically be impossible for Lee to do anything to Tyson, much less beat him. It just could not happen.

I dont have Lee on any pedestal, im not even a big fan of Lee, I just know the stuff that he did, and I have seen similar stuff happening in several tournaments because it turns out I was an avid martial arts fan a few years ago.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="lightleggy"] Bruce Lee was used to have the **** beaten out from him. lightleggy

Have you actually seen any martial arts competitions? I have, I used to practice judo, I went to several tournaments and I cant tell you how many times I saw a small "ant" winning against a huge tower. I was once defeated by a 12 years old kid (I was 16 at the time), he trashed me so bad it's even painful to remember, the kid was the junior south american champion and in less than 5 seconds I was alredy on the ground. Lee had more training, experience and skill that Tyson. You also seem to forget that Lee was renowed for his physical fitness methods, which are still considered to be some of the bests by today's experts. He would train his body in all areas, muscular strenght, endurance, cardiovascular condition and agility.

Ok...I'm done. You either see Lee through the eyes of a crazy fanboy or have no clue who Tyson is.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#62 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

I know Lee would probably lose in a fight against Tyson, but despite his size, Lee was STRONG. Don't underestimate Lee in terms of power and comparing him to a 5 year old. I've seen club bouncers get knocked out who happened to be twice the size of the guy who put them down....
tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts

I'd love to see the fight. I think if Bruce got one kick on Tyson's gonads he'd win, and if Tyson landed any punch on Bruce he'd win.

Either way, the fight would be over quickly.

Blamph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Blamph
Member since 2013 • 67 Posts
Tyson
killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts
Tyson could easily KO anyone if he can catch you ,but BL has a good chance of a head kick or submission.
Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="InEMplease"]

lightleggy

Bruce Lee was used to have the **** beaten out from him. The martial art he trained, and his trainer, were some of the best in hong kong in the 50s. This martial art had not been "nerfed" by the west yet, so it was still at one of it's deadliest form. Lee participated in several gang fights, which gives him far more experience than Tyson. Lee was also in peak physical condition, Tyson wouldn't be able to knock him out in 1 hit. His martial art style focused on hitting on places where the pain is "Universal", in other words where you will get the same damage regardless of your weight. Boxing is subpar when compared to other martial arts because it's estrictly fists-only and requires you to face your opponents at all times, plus many of the boxing's techniques (like blocking and dodging) are only "optimized" for boxing, in other words they are not good to block different types of hits (Tyson would have no way to block a roundhouse kick, or a leg sweep, plus the numerous holds that Lee performed flawlessly) Nope, sorry, Lee has the edge in this fight.

Tyson was a gang member himself back when he was in Brooklyn. And been in gang fights so whats your point. He was in a gang called "The Jollystompers" in Brownsville Brooklyn.

Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts

[QUOTE="Bucked20"][QUOTE="Gamefan1986"]

Bruce Lee would win because Tyson would only know how to fight with his fists while Lee knew a lot about everything, and would have had more experience in real fights.

Sure Tyson would have the size advantage, but Lee would have a massive speed, knowledge, and experience edge. Plus Lee was pretty damn strong himself, he did 2 finger pushups easier than most people reach around to wipe their butts before they flush.

lightleggy

Bare fist Tyson punches would be deadly,Lee wouldn't stand a chance

Lee was used to take an inmense beating and he could still get up seconds. Being honest, if we are talking about resilence here, i'd say that Lee would have the edge.

Imagine this uppercut with no gloves on

tyson.gif

heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 heeweesRus
Member since 2012 • 5492 Posts
RG3
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]No he was not used to getting hit from someone that could literally kill him in one hit. Bruce Lee was a very small man. You don't seem the understand the physical differences between the two. It's not a slight to Lee, you are just comparing apples to oranges.

Pirate700

Ok...I'm done. You either see Lee through the eyes of a crazy fanboy or have no clue who Tyson is.

I say the same statement to you but backwards. You seem to believe that Lee was weak as a feather. Lee was strong, incredibly strong, he would have no problem inflicting damage to tyson or taking it from him.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="lightleggy"] Have you actually seen any martial arts competitions? I have, I used to practice judo, I went to several tournaments and I cant tell you how many times I saw a small "ant" winning against a huge tower. I was once defeated by a 12 years old kid (I was 16 at the time), he trashed me so bad it's even painful to remember, the kid was the junior south american champion and in less than 5 seconds I was alredy on the ground. Lee had more training, experience and skill that Tyson. You also seem to forget that Lee was renowed for his physical fitness methods, which are still considered to be some of the bests by today's experts. He would train his body in all areas, muscular strenght, endurance, cardiovascular condition and agility.lightleggy

I say the same statement to you but backwards. You seem to believe that Lee was weak as a feather. Lee was strong, incredibly strong, he would have no problem inflicting damage to tyson or taking it from him.

You can't say the same to be in reverse because you're the only one here picking Lee.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 killzowned24

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]

[QUOTE="Bucked20"] Bare fist Tyson punches would be deadly,Lee wouldn't stand a chance Bucked20

Lee was used to take an inmense beating and he could still get up seconds. Being honest, if we are talking about resilence here, i'd say that Lee would have the edge.

tyson.gif

I think BL could circle tyson with ease all while kicking the hell out of Tyson's knees.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]Ok...I'm done. You either see Lee through the eyes of a crazy fanboy or have no clue who Tyson is.

Pirate700

You can't say the same to be in reverse because you're the only one here picking Lee.

But you seem to have Tyson on a pedestal too, overstimating him while at the time saying that Lee was crap.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="lightleggy"] I say the same statement to you but backwards. You seem to believe that Lee was weak as a feather. Lee was strong, incredibly strong, he would have no problem inflicting damage to tyson or taking it from him.lightleggy

But you seem to have Tyson on a pedestal too, overstimating him while at the time saying that Lee was crap.

I don't have him on one. I have him exactly where everyone else in this thread does...

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]

[QUOTE="Bucked20"] Bare fist Tyson punches would be deadly,Lee wouldn't stand a chance Bucked20

tyson.gif

Did you ever saw Lee fight? that guy was fast as a leopard, I would expect lee to dodge the hit and then instantly connecting with a leg sweep to drop tyson, then another hammer kick in the chest to prevent him from getting up.

Thing is tyson is a boxer, he wasn't trained to use his legs to fight, and he also doesn't know how to respond to choke holds or luxations.

Also, I assume you are not familiar with the ridiculously good reflexes that Lee had.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRFeYbyDpf4

good luck hitting a man who can spot several objects that small being thrown at him and then proceed to calculate the exact movement required to hit them with the tip of a sectioned wooden pole, all in less than 1 second.

He was pretty much controlling 3 arms there.

Tyson aint landing a punch on lee.

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

I would expect lee to dodge the hit and then instantly connecting with a leg sweep to drop tyson, then another hammer kick in the chest to prevent him from getting up.

lightleggy

I think you're confusing reality with Street Fighter.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]I would expect lee to dodge the hit and then instantly connecting with a leg sweep to drop tyson, then another hammer kick in the chest to prevent him from getting up.

Oleg_Huzwog

i think you have never seen real kung fu in action. Also. Bruce Lee's one-inch punch (when he perfected the technique) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRf49fMVOLE. Now Im not much of an expert, but I doubt that lee would be unable to damage Tyson, if he could destroy (not even break, destroy in a bunch of pieces) a woodplank at 2 cm distance. now imagine the kind of **** that guy would be able to do with proper distance.
Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts

Tyson was pretty quick too

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 lightleggy

Tyson was pretty quick too

Bucked20
Doesn't change the fact that lee was faster than him and had better reflexes plus hand to eye coordination, and that Tyson didnt know how to use his legs professionally to fight.
VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#81 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

[QUOTE="Oleg_Huzwog"]

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]I would expect lee to dodge the hit and then instantly connecting with a leg sweep to drop tyson, then another hammer kick in the chest to prevent him from getting up.

lightleggy

i think you have never seen real kung fu in action. Also. Bruce Lee's one-inch punch (when he perfected the technique) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRf49fMVOLE. Now Im not much of an expert, but I doubt that lee would be unable to damage Tyson, if he could destroy (not even break, destroy in a bunch of pieces) a woodplank at 2 cm distance. now imagine the kind of **** that guy would be able to do with proper distance.

Not even relating to strength, there's alot of finesse in the damage that Lee could inflict. Bars and joint locks, nerve pinches or even striking nerves not protected by much muscle like the femoral or bracchial nerves or anywhere in the metatarsal or metacarpal group of bones. Lee, as with many well-rounded martial artists that don't train solely for sport, were virtual surgeons when it came to physiology and had practical experience with taking someone down in multiple scenarios.

They train to handle different situations like multiple attackers, unarmed vs armed with different weapon types, grabs, holds, taking injuries into account, different terrain, different fighting sty|es and yes... even differences in weight/mass match-ups.

I have no doubt Bruce could hold is own and eventually win. I doubt it would be easy, but I think he could pull it off.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

Oh Christ, this again. Bruce Lee is an actor. His fight record is no more impressive than mine, but for some reason he has a cult following amongst nerds. Stop comparing him to professional fighters.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Palantas

if he could destroy (not even break, destroy in a bunch of pieces) a woodplank at 2 cm distance. now imagine the kind of **** that guy would be able to do with proper distance.

lightleggy

Since breaking is so impressive, all the current UFC champions are block breakers who came over and just destroyed everyone with their unstoppable strikes, right?

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#85 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

I personally think Tyson would win, but those discounting Lee just because he is smaller and acting as if he doesn't have a chance have no idea what they are talking about. Go watch early UFC (before they had weight classes) for a good look at how a small man can totally dominate a huge one.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 killzowned24
James Toney came to the UFC and got choked out in less than 2 minutes.
DumbOldDarrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 DumbOldDarrell
Member since 2013 • 125 Posts
What about me? Would I win? Nah, I'm too much of a pansy ass little b!tch.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="Oleg_Huzwog"]

VoodooHak

Not even relating to strength, there's alot of finesse in the damage that Lee could inflict. Bars and joint locks, nerve pinches or even striking nerves not protected by much muscle like the femoral or bracchial nerves or anywhere in the metatarsal or metacarpal group of bones. Lee, as with many well-rounded martial artists that don't train solely for sport, were virtual surgeons when it came to physiology and had practical experience with taking someone down in multiple scenarios.

They train to handle different situations like multiple attackers, unarmed vs armed with different weapon types, grabs, holds, taking injuries into account, different terrain, different fighting sty|es and yes... even differences in weight/mass match-ups.

I have no doubt Bruce could hold is own and eventually win. I doubt it would be easy, but I think he could pull it off.

Exactly, these people seem to think that Lee was just trained to make his hits look cool or something...there's a science behind those martial arts, they are focused on precision.

Tyson would be one hell of an opponent, that would be for sure, I wouldn't expect him to fall down easily (unless Lee makes a substantial lession) and I dont say that he doesn't have a chance to win, but it wouldn't be a "Tyson wins, hands down, no chance for Lee" fight like most people in the thread are saying.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#89 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
Tyson, it's a well known fact that a boxers jab is far faster than any move Lee could make (and yes his movies used stop-gap techniques to appear faster than he really was).
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Palantas

[QUOTE="I"]

Oh Christ, this again. Bruce Lee is an actor. His fight record is no more impressive than mine, but for some reason he has a cult following amongst nerds. Stop comparing him to professional fighters.

InEMplease

His fight record is very much undocumented. He was a professional fighter.

I don't think you understand what a professional fighter is. A professional fighter is someone who is paid for fights within a legal, recognize organization, and whose fights are documented. Fights being documented is intrinsic to the definition of a professional fighter. Someone who, according to rumor, beat some guys in street fights is not a professional fighter.

jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 jim_shorts

This thread is so frustrating. Bruce Lee wouldn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of beating Tyson. Tyson is AT LEAST 40 pounds heavier and three inches taller. Not to mention how much stronger Tyson was in his prime.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 killzowned24

Tyson, it's a well known fact that a boxers jab is far faster than any move Lee could make (and yes his movies used stop-gap techniques to appear faster than he really was).JohnF111
Lee's kicks would have a longer reach.Tyson would be out of his game once he saw a kick coming.

Lee goes,low kick ,low kick,high kick...good night :P

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Renevent42

This thread is so frustrating. Bruce Lee wouldn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of beating Tyson. Tyson is AT LEAST 40 pounds heavier and three inches taller. Not to mention how much stronger Tyson was in his prime.

jim_shorts
The only frustrating thing is comments like yours. Check out the early UFC fights...hell UFC 1 is a prime example. Gracie defeated Shamrock who must have outweighed him by 80 pounds at least.
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 JohnF111
[QUOTE="JohnF111"]Tyson, it's a well known fact that a boxers jab is far faster than any move Lee could make (and yes his movies used stop-gap techniques to appear faster than he really was).killzowned24
Lee's kicks would have a longer reach.Tyson would be out of his game once he saw a kick coming.

Yeah that image you posted was a guy missing his block, that was the weakest block I ever seen, Tysons block is far far far far tighter than that failed attempt.
jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 jim_shorts
[QUOTE="jim_shorts"]

Renevent42
The only frustrating thing is comments like yours. Check out the early UFC fights...hell UFC 1 is a prime example. Gracie defeated Shamrock who must have outweighed him by 80 pounds at least.

There's also the fact that Tyson is an actual professional fighter.
killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 killzowned24
[QUOTE="killzowned24"][QUOTE="JohnF111"]Tyson, it's a well known fact that a boxers jab is far faster than any move Lee could make (and yes his movies used stop-gap techniques to appear faster than he really was).JohnF111

Yeah that image you posted was a guy missing his block, that was the weakest block I ever seen, Tysons block is far far far far tighter than that failed attempt.

After tyson would have taken countless oblique kicks to the knee he would be forced to block low.
Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Renevent42
[QUOTE="Renevent42"][QUOTE="jim_shorts"]

jim_shorts

Which means exactly what to what I said? Any idea who either of the people I mentioned are?
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 JohnF111
[QUOTE="killzowned24"][QUOTE="JohnF111"][QUOTE="killzowned24"] Lee's kicks would have a longer reach.Tyson would be out of his game once he saw a kick coming.

After tyson would have taken countless oblique kicks to the knee he would be forced to block low.

As soon as Lee raised his foot Tyson would have knocked three hits at Lee. He'd be down and out. It's the "Lion or the Bear" argument all over again, the lion is quicker but the bear can take 20 hits and then thump one hit on the lion and kill it. It's true by the way, years ago these kind of fights were actually done and the bear always won.
jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 jim_shorts

[QUOTE="jim_shorts"][QUOTE="Renevent42"] The only frustrating thing is comments like yours. Check out the early UFC fights...hell UFC 1 is a prime example. Gracie defeated Shamrock who must have outweighed him by 80 pounds at least.Renevent42

Which means exactly what to what I said? Any idea who either of the people I mentioned are?

Yes I do know who they are. What I'm trying to say is in addition to his size advantage, Mike Tyson is also a professional fighter who won over 50 fights. Bruce Lee was an actor who won some street fights according to rumors.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Renevent42

[QUOTE="Renevent42"][QUOTE="jim_shorts"] There's also the fact that Tyson is an actual professional fighter.jim_shorts

Yes I do know who they are. What I'm trying to say is in addition to his size advantage, Mike Tyson is also a professional fighter who won over 50 fights. Bruce Lee was an actor who won some street fights according to rumors.

No, I'm talking about the UFC fight. You act as if a larger man has some sort of immortal advantage over a smaller and it's impossible to win, when in fact I just proven the opposite. There's many more I could point to, but the point is already made.

BTW, another thing that's pretty proven is straight up boxing is really weak vs other martial arts since it's so incomplete. Lots of boxers vs X that shown how utterly incomplete pure boxing is in a mixed match.

Personally I'd give Tyson the size/strength/boxing advantage, but I think Bruce Lee definetly stood a chance in a MMA type fight.