Men can be so stupid.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ankaara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Ankaara
Member since 2002 • 2396 Posts

No, I'm not a feminist, and no, this isn't flame bait.  I just need some clarification on how the male mind works. 

I have a male best friend who I've known since I was about 14.  I'm 24 now.  Back in high school I had confessed to him that I was interested in taking our friendship further, and wanted to explore dating.  He said he was flattered, but not interested.  His family moved about 3 hours away, and in the years to follow we grew apart. 

When I graduated from college, however, I gave him a call.  He came to visit, along with his girlfriend.  She worked at Taco Bell... and well, to me didn't seem even remotely good enough for him.  She left him soon after for a friend of his. 

The next two years we became close friends again, even with the distance.  He visited every few months, and we talked for a few hours every week.  I went to visit him for the first time a few weeks ago.  It was fabulous:  We played Star Wars: Battlefront II (on PS2).  We designed and built him an awesome gaming PC.  We talked about the weaknesses of various Warhammer (the table top game) armies and speculated on the online MMORPG.  We even had a fabulous physical encounter for the first time.

I realized that I was still very much interested in making our friendship something more.  There's even a good school near him that I had considered going for my Masters at... and I was really considering making the move. 

Then he told me he asked out a girl the day after I left.  He said he couldn't stand her, but he also couldn't wait to fool around with her.  Needless to say, I was confused and I broke emotionally. 

Why would a man be willing to marry trashy taco bell girl with no ambition, date irritating girl he hardly knows, etc, when he could have an awesome, loyal, smart, driven girl who's into fantasy, video games, many of his hobbies, makes a good salary, and with whom he has a lot of chemistry?

I've been thinking about this for quite some time and it really offends me.  I'm not sure what to do, because as his best friend still, I'm going to get very irritated and hurt with each idiot he hooks up with.

Please explain the male mind to me. 

zakkro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 zakkro
Member since 2004 • 48823 Posts
That's the first problem: Men are not complicated creatures. Once you know that, you have to learn how to control them.
Canuck3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Canuck3000
Member since 2004 • 40562 Posts
We're not all like that. I wouldn't go out with a girl just because of looks. It kinda sounds like he doesn't feel the way about you that you do about him.
Laserwolf65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Laserwolf65
Member since 2003 • 6701 Posts
For the same reason that women marry trashy men...
GameFreak315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GameFreak315
Member since 2003 • 28485 Posts
You have to understand that not all guys are like that.  Maybe he doesn't quite see the chemistry you two have or doesn't feel it yet.  It's always like that in the movies.  :P
RPG-er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RPG-er
Member since 2003 • 19301 Posts
i dont want to be a dick, but im not going to read all that. so im just going to nod my head, and agree with you.
Avatar image for Denjin_hadouken
Denjin_hadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Denjin_hadouken
Member since 2007 • 5927 Posts
I just read the topic title and you just insulted my manhood!! I am going to have to take you out..

[spoiler] ..on a date to a really expensive restaurant and make you pay for the dinner!! [/spoiler]
lone_wolf911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lone_wolf911
Member since 2005 • 6347 Posts
hitler was stupid but you dont go calling all germans are stupid
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Men are stupid. We think with our penises instead of our brains. I thought females understood that.
NathanHawkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NathanHawkins
Member since 2006 • 4470 Posts
you sound like an awesome chick.  i won't speak for him though.
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts
dont trash all men for one guys dumb mistake. If you like him smack some sense into him.
-Karayan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -Karayan-
Member since 2006 • 6713 Posts
You can't force love, even though so many may try.
Kalel559

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -8

#14 Kalel559
Member since 2003 • 9621 Posts
Two things: have you told him specifically that you're interested in him recently? Second thing: guys want sex...
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 quiglythegreat
Member since 2006 • 16886 Posts
Well it sounds like you're totally over rating yourself with him. But anyway, it's mostly because he knows you too well. I mean, I imagine if he knows you so well, there can't be that much intrigue. That's my two bits. Still sounds like he's being stupid, though.
Silchas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Silchas
Member since 2006 • 17050 Posts
There's usually nothing to explain
the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 the_leet_kid
Member since 2005 • 9951 Posts

hitler was stupid but you dont go calling all germans are stupidlone_wolf911

Well, she said can be stupid, which is definately true, so I think that some Germans can still be stupid (please don't take that the wrong way)

krunkmastax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 krunkmastax
Member since 2004 • 36027 Posts
I'm not sure what the hell his problem is. But I know if in the same situation I would not choose this other girl over someone like you. And just so you know women can be pretty stupid too.
Carlos_Santana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Carlos_Santana
Member since 2006 • 4316 Posts
hitler was stupid but you dont go calling all germans are stupidlone_wolf911
Hitler was born in Austria
cmhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cmhawk
Member since 2003 • 16494 Posts
she must have bigger boobs than u
aaaaarrrrggggg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 aaaaarrrrggggg
Member since 2005 • 13979 Posts
I don't know how his mind works, but i can tell you he must be part of the minority, because i don't even see why someone would do that. But hey, i'm horrible at analysing other people.
thisguy51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 thisguy51
Member since 2006 • 5319 Posts
well he obviously doesn't see your qualities and for that im sorry but your just gonna have to keep your head up. he looks like he won't change so yeah. i guess all i can say is to keep looking. as for explaining our mind, its basically just a mess and sometimes we don't know what we have until its gone.
Cyrax-Sektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#23 Cyrax-Sektor
Member since 2006 • 12060 Posts
That man is a fool. Often, men don't see a great relationship when it hits them in the face. Hopefully, your friend will break up with her and make the right decision, but alas, fools repeat their mistakes.
lone_wolf911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lone_wolf911
Member since 2005 • 6347 Posts

[QUOTE="lone_wolf911"]hitler was stupid but you dont go calling all germans are stupidthe_leet_kid

Well, she said can be stupid, which is definately true, so I think that some Germans can still be stupid (please don't take that the wrong way)

whoops my fault
Ankaara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ankaara
Member since 2002 • 2396 Posts
I guess I just can't wrap my head around how a guy can think a girl is so awesome but not want to date her, but at the same time want to date a girl he really doesn't like. He flat out told me that he just doesn't love me, and couldn't date me because it would be fake, a lie, and he could never hurt me like that. But still... I get that, but I don't get what these crappy chicks have over me.
krunkmastax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 krunkmastax
dont trash all men for one guys dumb mistake. If you like him smack some sense into him.SaintLeonidas
Agreed.
stitch321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 stitch321
Member since 2005 • 3945 Posts
I don't think this guy cares a wink about you. Meet someone else with similar interests to yours, and go to school where you will gain job skill credentials, not where some guy lives.
MoonSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MoonSpoon
Member since 2005 • 9970 Posts
I know what you mean. Sorta. All I want is a girl who will stay up late with me and listen to the Magnetic Fields. Really, I'm not asking for much.
krunkmastax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 krunkmastax
she must have bigger boobs than u cmhawk
Lol perv. :P
grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#30 grafkhun
Member since 2006 • 12827 Posts
well every man is unique so we cant really help you, but this is an odd case, gamer guy turning down a girl who likes games and him? and i cannot judge him w/o seeing him in person.
slinky6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 slinky6
Member since 2004 • 8521 Posts
That's not all men, I wouldn't do that, it's incredibly stupid. 
CuDDKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 CuDDKiDD
Member since 2004 • 4727 Posts
No offense but maybe she's better looking than you and the guy's just shallow and want's sex.
iforgotokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 iforgotokie
Member since 2005 • 5226 Posts
He just doesn't feel the same way. The physical encounter was heat of the moment. At least that what I get from what you said.
freakick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 freakick
Member since 2006 • 959 Posts
Did he make his move at that other girl?? if not, what the F**K are u waiting for? Tell him how u fee before its too latel. Hes no psychik to know that u like him. And maybe he told u abt the other girl to make u jelous or something. If so, it sure worked. best of luck with hm.
the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 the_leet_kid
Member since 2005 • 9951 Posts

I'm a guy, and I'm with your thinking style. But I think humans in general are stupid, despite our superior intelligence.

quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 quiglythegreat
[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]dont trash all men for one guys dumb mistake. If you like him smack some sense into him.KrunkMastaX
Agreed.

She explicitly said she's not trashing men though. Guys confuse girls and girls confuse guys. That's how it works.
stitch321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 stitch321
Member since 2005 • 3945 Posts
I guess I just can't wrap my head around how a guy can think a girl is so awesome but not want to date her, but at the same time want to date a girl he really doesn't like. He flat out told me that he just doesn't love me, and couldn't date me because it would be fake, a lie, and he could never hurt me like that. But still... I get that, but I don't get what these crappy chicks have over me. Ankaara
He has bad taste in women, obviously.
krunkmastax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 krunkmastax
I guess I just can't wrap my head around how a guy can think a girl is so awesome but not want to date her, but at the same time want to date a girl he really doesn't like. He flat out told me that he just doesn't love me, and couldn't date me because it would be fake, a lie, and he could never hurt me like that. But still... I get that, but I don't get what these crappy chicks have over me. Ankaara
Um not to sound like mean or anything..but are you physically attractive? Maybe she looks better than you. Just a thought. I mean you know how some guys are all about looks. I'm just saying.
MoonSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MoonSpoon
Member since 2005 • 9970 Posts
According to Marisa, you are wrong. It's pretty much your fault. Just saying.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#41 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

A lot of men make mistakes when choosing relationships. You are somewhat generalizing and thinking too much. It sounds to me that you should move on and find someone else. Someone who actually cares for what you have to say.
dragonlife29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dragonlife29
Member since 2005 • 14543 Posts

You have to understand that all men aren't that blind to what's in front of them. For one, he obviously can't keep it in his pants, and two, doesn't see that the person he should be with's right in front of him.

You honestly sound like a girl I'd take over any other--you two seemed to hit it off great, with all the similarities...but he sims a bit slow, sorry.

If he told you he couldn't wait to fool around with that one girl, you should see it in two ways--he loves you as a friend and is very comfortable around you; and that he may not see you in the way you see him.

Don't revolve your life around him, making drastic decisions. Considerations don't hurt, just don't get too ahead of yourself.  

grassdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 grassdream
Member since 2006 • 1902 Posts
To come to a complete conclusion, I need... A. Picture of you B. Picture of the girls he's been sluttin' it up with.
NathanHawkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 NathanHawkins
Member since 2006 • 4470 Posts

maybe as far as relationships go...one with you intimidates him. 

Ale_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Ale_22
Member since 2007 • 1234 Posts
I would have gone for you, you would have had me at BF II
Rage11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 Rage11
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts
It's not like women are completely innocent with things like this either.
CuDDKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 CuDDKiDD
Member since 2004 • 4727 Posts

No, I'm not a feminist, and no, this isn't flame bait.  I just need some clarification on how the male mind works. 

I have a male best friend who I've known since I was about 14.  I'm 24 now.  Back in high school I had confessed to him that I was interested in taking our friendship further, and wanted to explore dating.  He said he was flattered, but not interested.  His family moved about 3 hours away, and in the years to follow we grew apart. 

When I graduated from college, however, I gave him a call.  He came to visit, along with his girlfriend.  She worked at Taco Bell... and well, to me didn't seem even remotely good enough for him.  She left him soon after for a friend of his. 

The next two years we became close friends again, even with the distance.  He visited every few months, and we talked for a few hours every week.  I went to visit him for the first time a few weeks ago.  It was fabulous:  We played Star Wars: Battlefront II (on PS2).  We designed and built him an awesome gaming PC.  We talked about the weaknesses of various Warhammer (the table top game) armies and speculated on the online MMORPG.  We even had a fabulous physical encounter for the first time.

I realized that I was still very much interested in making our friendship something more.  There's even a good school near him that I had considered going for my Masters at... and I was really considering making the move. 

Then he told me he asked out a girl the day after I left.  He said he couldn't stand her, but he also couldn't wait to fool around with her.  Needless to say, I was confused and I broke emotionally. 

Why would a man be willing to marry trashy taco bell girl with no ambition, date irritating girl he hardly knows, etc, when he could have an awesome, loyal, smart, driven girl who's into fantasy, video games, many of his hobbies, makes a good salary, and with whom he has a lot of chemistry?

I've been thinking about this for quite some time and it really offends me.  I'm not sure what to do, because as his best friend still, I'm going to get very irritated and hurt with each idiot he hooks up with.

Please explain the male mind to me. 

Ankaara

When was the last time you updated your profile because it says that you don't have a job...

slinky6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 slinky6
Member since 2004 • 8521 Posts
He's probably a commitment-phoebe.
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 quiglythegreat
He doesn't know them. He can't love you because there is no fantasy. Love is really very well aided by simply being separated from the person and being exposed to them in a highly limited way. But I guess I know nothing.....just kind of talking.
grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#50 grafkhun
Member since 2006 • 12827 Posts

I'm a guy, and I'm with your thinking style. But I think humans in general are stupid, despite our superior intelligence.

the_leet_kid
true, we stub our toes often but we can make bombs, :P also we have intellect but no knowledge.