Men can be so stupid.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ankaara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 Ankaara
Member since 2002 • 2396 Posts
I think what I'm getting from you guys is for him, it's not about who can get along with and enjoy time with, because hey, he already has that with me. He wants me for that, and then a series of bimbo's with no commitment requirements to satisfy his physical needs. Lovely. My best female friend used to have that philosophy, and actually dated so many guys over one summer I didn't even get to meet them all... then she grew out of it and married a guy who although isn't stunning in the looks department, makes her very happy. I think he figures he will always have me as his best friend to talk about games with, even if we aren't dating, so why commit?
Avatar image for Denjin_hadouken
Denjin_hadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Denjin_hadouken
Member since 2007 • 5927 Posts
I guess I just can't wrap my head around how a guy can think a girl is so awesome but not want to date her, but at the same time want to date a girl he really doesn't like. He flat out told me that he just doesn't love me, and couldn't date me because it would be fake, a lie, and he could never hurt me like that. But still... I get that, but I don't get what these crappy chicks have over me. Ankaara

They have boobs and dont have  a brain(we men like to have control :P).
the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 the_leet_kid
Member since 2005 • 9951 Posts

To come to a complete conclusion, I need...

A. Picture of you
B. Picture of the girls he's been sluttin' it up with.grassdream

He's got a point, pics or it didn't happen.

... sorry. >.>

krunkmastax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 krunkmastax
Member since 2004 • 36027 Posts
I think what I'm getting from you guys is for him, it's not about who can get along with and enjoy time with, because hey, he already has that with me. He wants me for that, and then a series of bimbo's with no commitment requirements to satisfy his physical needs. Lovely. My best female friend used to have that philosophy, and actually dated so many guys over one summer I didn't even get to meet them all... then she grew out of it and married a guy who although isn't stunning in the looks department, makes her very happy. I think he figures he will always have me as his best friend to talk about games with, even if we aren't dating, so why commit?Ankaara
Seems about right to me.
Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#55 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts
Male mind = complex. I don't get my boyfriend half the time. ;)
lzorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56 lzorro
Member since 2006 • 7395 Posts
We're not good at processing decisions? I don't know not everyone is like that though >_>
the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 the_leet_kid
Member since 2005 • 9951 Posts

I think what I'm getting from you guys is for him, it's not about who can get along with and enjoy time with, because hey, he already has that with me. He wants me for that, and then a series of bimbo's with no commitment requirements to satisfy his physical needs. Lovely. My best female friend used to have that philosophy, and actually dated so many guys over one summer I didn't even get to meet them all... then she grew out of it and married a guy who although isn't stunning in the looks department, makes her very happy. I think he figures he will always have me as his best friend to talk about games with, even if we aren't dating, so why commit?Ankaara

That's definately possible, but you can't just assume either. I guess the only way to be sure would be to talk about it with him even more, but to be honest, I can understand why that could be difficult.

Canuck3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Canuck3000
Member since 2004 • 40562 Posts

Male mind = complex. I don't get my boyfriend half the time. ;)Kikouken
Female mind = 100x more.

>_> 

krunkmastax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 krunkmastax
I thought it was the other way around? :P
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#60 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

:lol:

What a joke. You must have one of those faulty models. :P
Avatar image for HyperMetaDragon
HyperMetaDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 HyperMetaDragon
Member since 2006 • 5345 Posts

No, I'm not a feminist, and no, this isn't flame bait. I just need some clarification on how the male mind works.

I have a male best friend who I've known since I was about 14. I'm 24 now. Back in high school I had confessed to him that I was interested in taking our friendship further, and wanted to explore dating. He said he was flattered, but not interested. His family moved about 3 hours away, and in the years to follow we grew apart.

When I graduated from college, however, I gave him a call. He came to visit, along with his girlfriend. She worked at Taco Bell... and well, to me didn't seem even remotely good enough for him. She left him soon after for a friend of his.

The next two years we became close friends again, even with the distance. He visited every few months, and we talked for a few hours every week. I went to visit him for the first time a few weeks ago. It was fabulous: We played Star Wars: Battlefront II (on PS2). We designed and built him an awesome gaming PC. We talked about the weaknesses of various Warhammer (the table top game) armies and speculated on the online MMORPG. We even had a fabulous physical encounter for the first time.

I realized that I was still very much interested in making our friendship something more. There's even a good school near him that I had considered going for my Masters at... and I was really considering making the move.

Then he told me he asked out a girl the day after I left. He said he couldn't stand her, but he also couldn't wait to fool around with her. Needless to say, I was confused and I broke emotionally.

Why would a man be willing to marry trashy taco bell girl with no ambition, date irritating girl he hardly knows, etc, when he could have an awesome, loyal, smart, driven girl who's into fantasy, video games, many of his hobbies, makes a good salary, and with whom he has a lot of chemistry?

I've been thinking about this for quite some time and it really offends me. I'm not sure what to do, because as his best friend still, I'm going to get very irritated and hurt with each idiot he hooks up with.

Please explain the male mind to me.

Ankaara
I do admit, the male mind does stumble a lot. But how does this post make ANY connection to that? The answer to your little story is simple: HE likes that girl and you don't. You're probably a little jealous, too. Plus, if you really liked him THAT MUCH, you would've made your move already.
flclempire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#62 flclempire
Member since 2004 • 4914 Posts
she must have bigger boobs than u cmhawk
omg i found that much funnier than i should have XD
Ankaara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Ankaara

When was the last time you updated your profile because it says that you don't have a job...CuDDKiDD

I don't have a job in my field.  I've got a degree in biology, but I'm working for a state agency as an "office associate."  Pay is okay, but the job is below my education level and is not giving me any valuble experience.  Therefore, it doesn't really count other than the fact that it provides a paycheck.  And your question is meaningless to my topic :P

crimsoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#64 crimsoni
Member since 2007 • 5247 Posts
she must have bigger boobs than u cmhawk
:lol: that was funny!
tzar3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 tzar3
Member since 2006 • 12393 Posts
Reminds me of my brother but he is an abuser, has no respect for woman, and dates girl so he can"score". Sick but what can I do? He has his own life so why should I care?
krunkmastax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 krunkmastax
Maybe you should play hard to get. Thats probably why he's going after that other girl.
Ankaara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Ankaara

[QUOTE="grassdream"]To come to a complete conclusion, I need...

A. Picture of you
B. Picture of the girls he's been sluttin' it up with.the_leet_kid

... sorry. >.>

I've never met his first girlfriend. The one he was going to marry, well I have a better face, but she has the better body. And I've also never met the 2 girls he's most recently hooked up with, but I'd imagine they're hotter than me. It's not like I'm ugly, just normal really. But seriously, why would I have pictures of his dates and girlfriends??
Acenso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Acenso
Member since 2006 • 2355 Posts
You know...It could just be a physical attraction thing. Maybe he just does not find you physically attractive. And to be honest...That is a fair enough reason.
killjoy188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#69 killjoy188
Member since 2006 • 614 Posts
The only thing I can think of is that these other girls are more attractive than you are, and he really only cares about looks. Also, these girls seem to be willing to sleep with him while you're not so willing to go that far. There are guys who aren't like that though, so keep looking. ;)
Cyrax-Sektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#70 Cyrax-Sektor
Member since 2006 • 12060 Posts
[QUOTE="the_leet_kid"]

[QUOTE="grassdream"]To come to a complete conclusion, I need...

A. Picture of you
B. Picture of the girls he's been sluttin' it up with.Ankaara

... sorry. >.>

I've never met his first girlfriend. The one he was going to marry, well I have a better face, but she has the better body. And I've also never met the 2 girls he's most recently hooked up with, but I'd imagine they're hotter than me. It's not like I'm ugly, just normal really. But seriously, why would I have pictures of his dates and girlfriends??

I hate it when people base relationships on looks. :x
Canuck3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Canuck3000
Maybe you should play hard to get. Thats probably why he's going after that other girl.KrunkMastaX
That's more annoying and a pain in the ass then anything...
slinky6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#72 slinky6
Member since 2004 • 8521 Posts
seriously, why would I have pictures of his dates and girlfriends??Ankaara
XD
krunkmastax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 krunkmastax

I've never met his first girlfriend. The one he was going to marry, well I have a better face, but she has the better body. And I've also never met the 2 girls he's most recently hooked up with, but I'd imagine they're hotter than me. It's not like I'm ugly, just normal really. But seriously, why would I have pictures of his dates and girlfriends??Ankaara

Well there's your answer then. The girls he's messing around with are hotter than you. Sorry but its the sad truth. 

Account_27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Account_27
Member since 2005 • 13426 Posts
In some men penis > brain. Have you ever seen the Seinfeld episode where Jerry's penis and playing a game of chess with his brain because of an annoying girl? It's like that, except in his case his penis won. Sorry.
krunkmastax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 krunkmastax
[QUOTE="KrunkMastaX"]Maybe you should play hard to get. Thats probably why he's going after that other girl.Canuck3000

Lol agreed. Who has time for mind games? :P
The_PirateKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 The_PirateKing
Member since 2005 • 9714 Posts
~-~Simple, cuz society said he could. In our time a guy can be a total whore and sleep around with as many girls as he wants and no one thinks there's anything wrong with it. Even me suggesting that there's something wrong with that is going to make someone quote me and say "NU UH! YOU'RE STUPID AND EAT STUPID FOR BRAKFEST!" It's how people are raised, there's nothing wrong with freelancing sex. Now you want something more, and he knows it. So if he dated you then he couldn't have sex with the annoying girls. (Yea, that's a bucket full of sense right there.:|) So pretty much he's a whore and knows that if he dated you then he couldn’t be a whore anymore. Now I'm going to stop here cuz if I don't you post is gona seam like a one word answer.~-~ ~-~(PS: Hating people like that does not make you a feminist. If you were a feminist you would be mad at the fact that you can't have that much sex without the risk of being babyatized. The thing is people who want a real relationship and people who just want sex are about as against each other as cats and dogs. The reason being, well, what's happening to you. If you want a real relationship with someone and they're on the other side it just sucks to be you. And if you want sex all the time people who only want a relationship are like a running into a brick wall. Damnit, I did it anyways.:| Ok, NOW I'm done.~-~
flclempire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#77 flclempire
Member since 2004 • 4914 Posts

imo it seems males are quite complex in eveything but relationships, most of them anyways.

krunkmastax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 krunkmastax
[QUOTE="KrunkMastaX"]Maybe you should play hard to get. Thats probably why he's going after that other girl.Canuck3000

Canuck3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Canuck3000
[QUOTE="Canuck3000"][QUOTE="KrunkMastaX"]Maybe you should play hard to get. Thats probably why he's going after that other girl.KrunkMastaX

Lawl. There will already be enough after you get together. -_-
Ankaara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Ankaara
You know...It could just be a physical attraction thing. Maybe he just does not find you physically attractive. And to be honest...That is a fair enough reason. Acenso
That's very hard to accept. Gee, I'm a fabulous and fun person to be around, and I'm great in bed, but because I don't have the kind of looks he's attracted to... well there's no point in even trying. Sheesh. That's very tough. But I'm thinking that's the answer. We are great as friends and that's the way it's going to stay... I can't let this make me mad at him as a person, because I don't want to lose our friendship. I just can't stand seeing him with such idiots.
MoonSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 MoonSpoon
Member since 2005 • 9970 Posts
I'll date you.
Canuck3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Canuck3000
[QUOTE="Acenso"]You know...It could just be a physical attraction thing. Maybe he just does not find you physically attractive. And to be honest...That is a fair enough reason. Ankaara

That's very hard to accept. Gee, I'm a fabulous and fun person to be around, and I'm great in bed, but because I don't have the kind of looks he's attracted to... well there's no point in even trying. Sheesh. That's very tough. But I'm thinking that's the answer. We are great as friends and that's the way it's going to stay... I can't let this make me mad at him as a person, because I don't want to lose our friendship. I just can't stand seeing him with such idiots.

Sounds like you have some ego...
Avatar image for Denjin_hadouken
Denjin_hadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Denjin_hadouken
Member since 2007 • 5927 Posts
[QUOTE="Acenso"]You know...It could just be a physical attraction thing. Maybe he just does not find you physically attractive. And to be honest...That is a fair enough reason. Ankaara

Either get plastic surgery or..............................................murder all his girlfriends ninja style. 8)
CuDDKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 CuDDKiDD
Member since 2004 • 4727 Posts

The thing is, what if shes even greater in bed?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
That's very hard to accept. Gee, I'm a fabulous and fun person to be around, and I'm great in bed, but because I don't have the kind of looks he's attracted to... well there's no point in even trying. Sheesh. That's very tough. But I'm thinking that's the answer. We are great as friends and that's the way it's going to stay... I can't let this make me mad at him as a person, because I don't want to lose our friendship. I just can't stand seeing him with such idiots.Ankaara

You should just accept it, because there is most likely someone out there who will find you physically attractive and enjoy your company. It is best to move on because it only makes it worse if keep pushing the subject.
22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts

The next two years we became close friends again, even with the distance.  He visited every few months, and we talked for a few hours every week.  I went to visit him for the first time a few weeks ago.  It was fabulous:  We played Star Wars: Battlefront II (on PS2).  We designed and built him an awesome gaming PC.  We talked about the weaknesses of various Warhammer (the table top game) armies and speculated on the online MMORPG.  We even had a fabulous physical encounter for the first time.

Ankaara

:o  You're my dream girl!
crimsoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#87 crimsoni
Member since 2007 • 5247 Posts
[QUOTE="Canuck3000"][QUOTE="KrunkMastaX"]Maybe you should play hard to get. Thats probably why he's going after that other girl.KrunkMastaX

I do :|
twopic58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#88 twopic58
Member since 2007 • 3710 Posts
Thats nice lady.
heartcork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 heartcork
Member since 2005 • 5514 Posts
Its probably something physical, or he just doesnt want a more serious relationship[ and just wants to get laid. Doing so with you would ruin the friendship, Im guessing.
krunkmastax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 krunkmastax

Lawl. There will already be enough after you get together. -_-Canuck3000

Lol I know man. And best of all "No sex until you pay more attention to me than your damn videogames". 

slinky6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#91 slinky6
Member since 2004 • 8521 Posts
Thats nice lady.twopic58
What an enriching post :)
Avatar image for the_foreign_guy
the_foreign_guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 the_foreign_guy
Member since 2005 • 22657 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. Men are weird. Sometimes they don't know what's good for them, and they let good things slip away. There's some men who realize this and hold on to the special things in their life. Hope you find one of them one day. :)
Redgarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#93 Redgarl
Member since 2002 • 13252 Posts

No, I'm not a feminist, and no, this isn't flame bait. I just need some clarification on how the male mind works.

I have a male best friend who I've known since I was about 14. I'm 24 now. Back in high school I had confessed to him that I was interested in taking our friendship further, and wanted to explore dating. He said he was flattered, but not interested. His family moved about 3 hours away, and in the years to follow we grew apart.

When I graduated from college, however, I gave him a call. He came to visit, along with his girlfriend. She worked at Taco Bell... and well, to me didn't seem even remotely good enough for him. She left him soon after for a friend of his.

The next two years we became close friends again, even with the distance. He visited every few months, and we talked for a few hours every week. I went to visit him for the first time a few weeks ago. It was fabulous: We played Star Wars: Battlefront II (on PS2). We designed and built him an awesome gaming PC. We talked about the weaknesses of various Warhammer (the table top game) armies and speculated on the online MMORPG. We even had a fabulous physical encounter for the first time.

I realized that I was still very much interested in making our friendship something more. There's even a good school near him that I had considered going for my Masters at... and I was really considering making the move.

Then he told me he asked out a girl the day after I left. He said he couldn't stand her, but he also couldn't wait to fool around with her. Needless to say, I was confused and I broke emotionally.

Why would a man be willing to marry trashy taco bell girl with no ambition, date irritating girl he hardly knows, etc, when he could have an awesome, loyal, smart, driven girl who's into fantasy, video games, many of his hobbies, makes a good salary, and with whom he has a lot of chemistry?

I've been thinking about this for quite some time and it really offends me. I'm not sure what to do, because as his best friend still, I'm going to get very irritated and hurt with each idiot he hooks up with.

Please explain the male mind to me.

Ankaara

You know, for the years I've been alone I've realised who I was. This guy has simply never confront anything except his own little experience and doesn't understand much about how other feel. For sure, I would simply past on something else. It's not that he doesn't love you, it's simply that he don't want to love you... You should ask him honestly why.

You can't expect to understand someone, you are not living his life, but he can't either because he don't know how you feel. If you are not honest with him, you aren't gonna get an answer. So you got to choice to ask him or not. Don't fool yourself, one way or another you are gonna suffer. You can change things forever from bad to worst or living in the shadow of the doubt.

In the end, will you be able to ask him? For my part, I had choose to pass on... I lost contact with my childhood friend and never got to speak with. We both know that we would have been probably together forever, but I have understand too late that chldhood friend got strong bonds that few can share upon their life.

MoonSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 MoonSpoon
Member since 2005 • 9970 Posts

Thats nice lady.twopic58

LOL.

Best post in this thread. 

krunkmastax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 krunkmastax

I do :|crimsoni

Well good for you then! 

Ankaara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Ankaara
[QUOTE="The_PirateKing"]~-~Simple, cuz society said he could. In our time a guy can be a total whore and sleep around with as many girls as he wants and no one thinks there's anything wrong with it. Even me suggesting that there's something wrong with that is going to make someone quote me and say "NU UH! YOU'RE STUPID AND EAT STUPID FOR BRAKFEST!" It's how people are raised, there's nothing wrong with freelancing sex. Now you want something more, and he knows it. So if he dated you then he couldn't have sex with the annoying girls. (Yea, that's a bucket full of sense right there.:|) So pretty much he's a whore and knows that if he dated you then he couldn’t be a whore anymore. Now I'm going to stop here cuz if I don't you post is gona seam like a one word answer.~-~ ~-~(PS: Hating people like that does not make you a feminist. If you were a feminist you would be mad at the fact that you can't have that much sex without the risk of being babyatized. The thing is people who want a real relationship and people who just want sex are about as against each other as cats and dogs. The reason being, well, what's happening to you. If you want a real relationship with someone and they're on the other side it just sucks to be you. And if you want sex all the time people who only want a relationship are like a running into a brick wall. Damnit, I did it anyways.:| Ok, NOW I'm done.~-~

Thank you. That's the best response yet. It pretty much echos what he has said to me.
KrayzieJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 KrayzieJ
Member since 2003 • 3283 Posts
We fall in love with our eyes first, tis a shame, but tis the truth. it has to do with our biochemistry
Canuck3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Canuck3000

[QUOTE="Canuck3000"]Lawl. There will already be enough after you get together. -_-KrunkMastaX

Lol I know man. And best of all "No sex until you pay more attention to me than your damn videogames".

"But...I'm winning..." >_>
stitch321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 stitch321
Member since 2005 • 3945 Posts
Yup, you're on the backburner .with him, 4 sure.If ya like playing video games with him, keep in touch, but don't plan a future around him.>>>>>>>>>>and you REALLY need to start a blog post at your profile page so peeps can say "Hi" .......REALLY !
Cyrax-Sektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#100 Cyrax-Sektor
Member since 2006 • 12060 Posts
Perhaps he sees it like this: Why ruin a great friendship with a more advanced relationship when I could be friends with her and go out with all of these other girls?