Mayor of NYC Bans 2 liter soda with pizza delivery

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#301 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts
[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]

[QUOTE="Toph_Girl250"]Alcohol is also bad for you, yet I don't see any mention of Bloomberg trying to ban that.Toph_Girl250

alcohol isn't increasing the countries health bills by 20% a year.

Also you haven't answered my question. Are you fat?

Uh, I already did answer your question. You must have just overlooked it. Guess I'll have to repeat myself: "Nope, I am not fat, I am one of those people who never gets fat no matter how much junk food I eat.*

This just means you can't be older than 19.
Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#303 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

[QUOTE="Toph_Girl250"]Alcohol is also bad for you, yet I don't see any mention of Bloomberg trying to ban that.Toph_Girl250

Uh, I already did answer your question. You must have just overlooked it. Guess I'll have to repeat myself: "Nope, I am not fat, I am one of those people who never gets fat no matter how much junk food I eat.*

I'm gonna guess yes.

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#304 Toph_Girl250
Member since 2008 • 48978 Posts

[QUOTE="Toph_Girl250"]I'd say its easier ODing on alcohol, sounds to me one can be a lot more prone to getting addicted to that stuff than Aspirin. InEMplease

Aspirin would kill your ass way before alcohol.

I didn't say which one would kill you faster by ODing on it, I was saying Alcohol I think is something someone can get addicted to a lot more easily than Aspirin.
Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306 Toph_Girl250
I'm gonna guess yes.MakeMeaSammitch
Yeah keep telling yourself that, truth is you're wrong. Truth is I'm the complete opposite of fat.
Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307 Toph_Girl250
This just means you can't be older than 19.NAPK1NS
22 actually, Hard to believe I know, but its da truth.
NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#308 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]This just means you can't be older than 19.Toph_Girl250
22 actually, Hard to believe I know, but its da truth.

Snap. Well, I'll stop berating you.

edit: soda still sucks ass for your body. 

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]I'm gonna guess yes.Toph_Girl250
Yeah keep telling yourself that, truth is you're wrong. Truth is I'm the complete opposite of fat.

thinking and telling.

OrkHammer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#311 OrkHammer007
Member since 2006 • 4753 Posts

yes, the net cost of this problem is so big that something needs to be done.MakeMeaSammitch
The net cost of drinking soda justifies governmental interference in the average citizen's dietary habits, regardless of how much they weigh or consume? I call bullsh!t.

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]yes, the net cost of this problem is so big that something needs to be done.OrkHammer007

The net cost of drinking soda justifies governmental interference in the average citizen's dietary habits, regardless of how much they weigh or consume? I call bullsh!t.

yes, 1/3 of deaths are preventable and due to weight. Medical bills are 20% higher than they should be in the U.S. Because of obesity, and this isn't enough by a long shot. I think we need to start banning alot more.

OrkHammer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313 OrkHammer007

[QUOTE="OrkHammer007"]

[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]yes, the net cost of this problem is so big that something needs to be done.MakeMeaSammitch

yes, 1/3 of deaths are preventable and due to weight. Medical bills are 20% higher than they should be in the U.S. Because of obesity, and this isn't enough by a long shot. I think we need to start banning alot more.

I said "due to soda," not due to weight.

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="OrkHammer007"]The net cost of drinking soda justifies governmental interference in the average citizen's dietary habits, regardless of how much they weigh or consume? I call bullsh!t.

OrkHammer007

which is one of the causes.

OrkHammer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 OrkHammer007

[QUOTE="OrkHammer007"]

[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]yes, 1/3 of deaths are preventable and due to weight. Medical bills are 20% higher than they should be in the U.S. Because of obesity, and this isn't enough by a long shot. I think we need to start banning alot more.

MakeMeaSammitch

No... you specifically said that it was a net cost due to soda. Scroll back and refresh your memory.

As far as banning more: doesn't work. Prohibition did more to help Canada's economy than it ever did to curb alcohol consumption. If you don't think there will be a huge black market dedicated to smuggling sweets the minute that sort of ban is enacted, you need to refresh yourself on history, too.

Besides, you can get fat on healthy foods: simply stuff yourself, and never leave the couch. Are you going to ban those when people still tip the scales at "HOLY SH!T IT'S MOBY DICK!!!"?

Bottom line: scapegoating a food or drink isn't the answer. Education is. It's slower, but a much better long-term solution.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#316 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Where's the freedom? :(

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

yes, 1/3 of deaths are preventable 

MakeMeaSammitch

I think you will find that no deaths are preventable.

WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#318 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

As much as I love pop, there are bigger fish to fry and worthier things to make a big deal about. If the mayor of NYC and his concern for public health contribute to your hatred of the government, you should probably do some comparisons for a while.

Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 Rich3232
Member since 2012 • 2628 Posts

[QUOTE="OrkHammer007"]

[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]yes, the net cost of this problem is so big that something needs to be done.MakeMeaSammitch

bans don't do sh*t.
Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

[QUOTE="Rockman999"]

[QUOTE="dave123321"] man oh manInEMplease

:D

-Bans soda

-Is assinated

-Mayor Bloomberg day is created, all sodas free.

But that's not fair!

:cry:

SpartanMSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 SpartanMSU
Member since 2009 • 3440 Posts

[QUOTE="Toph_Girl250"]Alcohol is also bad for you, yet I don't see any mention of Bloomberg trying to ban that.MakeMeaSammitch

Do you even know how many calories are in beer and liquor? 

Not to mention what you eat when you're drunk?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178860 Posts

[QUOTE="Toph_Girl250"][QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]Soda is terrible anyway. It sucks, but its not really bad. MakeMeaSammitch

This is only opinion dude, not fact.

It being bad for you is a fact.

So? Do you need the government to hold your hand and tell you what is bad for you...or are you a big boy that can decide for himself?
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 LJS9502_basic  Online

[QUOTE="OrkHammer007"]

I hope you don't drink alcohol.....
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="OrkHammer007"]The net cost of drinking soda justifies governmental interference in the average citizen's dietary habits, regardless of how much they weigh or consume? I call bullsh!t.

LJS9502_basic

show me a statistic showing that bills are 20% higher in the U.S. due to alcohol ;) or any on that matter.

One step at a time. One step at a time....

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="Toph_Girl250"]This is only opinion dude, not fact.LJS9502_basic

It being bad for you is a fact.

So? Do you need the government to hold your hand and tell you what is bad for you...or are you a big boy that can decide for himself?

I do decide for myself, and I do a good job. I'm in excellent shape and I have a very nice body.

The average american does not. Not by a long shot and obviously doesn't have the disciplin to make good decisions.

So everybody has to suffer.....lol.

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="OrkHammer007"]I said "due to soda," not due to weight.

OrkHammer007

No... you specifically said that it was a net cost due to soda. Scroll back and refresh your memory.

As far as banning more: doesn't work. Prohibition did more to help Canada's economy than it ever did to curb alcohol consumption. If you don't think there will be a huge black market dedicated to smuggling sweets the minute that sort of ban is enacted, you need to refresh yourself on history, too.

Besides, you can get fat on healthy foods: simply stuff yourself, and never leave the couch. Are you going to ban those when people still tip the scales at "HOLY SH!T IT'S MOBY DICK!!!"?

Bottom line: scapegoating a food or drink isn't the answer. Education is. It's slower, but a much better long-term solution.

I keep seeing people say education is the key, but my question is....

[spoiler] How stupid do you think people are? [/spoiler]

These are things everybody knows. If you eat less, you lose weight. If you work out, you'll get into better shape.

You'd be hard pressed to find somebody that doesn't know that.

It's not a lack of knowledge. It's lazyness, and we all know it.

lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#327 lo_Pine
Member since 2012 • 4978 Posts
What about diet soda? Is that harmful
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 LJS9502_basic  Online

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]yes, 1/3 of deaths are preventable and due to weight. Medical bills are 20% higher than they should be in the U.S. Because of obesity, and this isn't enough by a long shot. I think we need to start banning alot more.

MakeMeaSammitch

show me a statistic showing that bills are 20% higher in the U.S. due to alcohol ;) or any on that matter.

Kidding I hope. It's not a mystery that alcohol can cause health problems. Quick link here...
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] I hope you don't drink alcohol.....LJS9502_basic

Kidding I hope. It's not a mystery that alcohol can cause health problems. Quick link here...

well yah, I was just implying you couldn't find anything showing alcohol is anywhere as detrimental (i.e. the 20% thing) as being obese.

My point was that you wouldn't be able to find anything.

I'd like to see alot of bans in american foods and more mandatory working out.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 LJS9502_basic  Online

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]show me a statistic showing that bills are 20% higher in the U.S. due to alcohol ;) or any on that matter.

MakeMeaSammitch

well yah, I was just implying you couldn't find anything showing alcohol is anywhere as detrimental (i.e. the 20% thing) as being obese.

Alcohol creates high medical costs....consider the rehab....the medical conditions....the mental health drain. I just grabbed one quick link. I'm not wasting time looking for specific links. It's getting late and I have to be up for work in the morning. I just find it extremely odd that you don't know that alcohol has associated health costs. And probably higher than pop/soda/soft drinks.....
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Kidding I hope. It's not a mystery that alcohol can cause health problems. Quick link here...LJS9502_basic

Alcohol creates high medical costs....consider the rehab....the medical conditions....the mental health drain. I just grabbed one quick link. I'm not wasting time looking for specific links. It's getting late and I have to be up for work in the morning. I just find it extremely odd that you don't know that alcohol has associated health costs. And probably higher than pop/soda/soft drinks.....

I never said it wasn't, just that foods that promote obsity are much worse.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
Big government! Hella!
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 LJS9502_basic  Online

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]well yah, I was just implying you couldn't find anything showing alcohol is anywhere as detrimental (i.e. the 20% thing) as being obese.

MakeMeaSammitch

And you came up with by?
leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

The rest of the world is getting fatter simply because we're becoming richer in wealth thus we become lazy, eat more, and exercise less.

I say we ban wealth and revert back to when we were nomads.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts

The rest of the world is getting fatter simply because we're becoming richer in wealth thus we become lazy, eat more, and exercise less.

I say we ban wealth and revert back to when we were nomads.

leviathan91
There is a point where you regulate to retardation. We are there.
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Alcohol creates high medical costs....consider the rehab....the medical conditions....the mental health drain. I just grabbed one quick link. I'm not wasting time looking for specific links. It's getting late and I have to be up for work in the morning. I just find it extremely odd that you don't know that alcohol has associated health costs. And probably higher than pop/soda/soft drinks.....LJS9502_basic

And you came up with by?

the health statistics thing.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
I honestly would be in favor of going after something like energy drinks, or energy shots.. Those things can be extremely harmful to people who abuse those energy shots, drinking 2 to 5 shots a day.. Why there isn't a age requirement to buy those things is pretty baffling.
HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts
Banning these things is dumb. Just put a sin tax on it to off set some externalities caused by fat people.
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

Banning these things is dumb. Just put a sin tax on it to off set some externalities caused by fat people. HoolaHoopMan
ditto

LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 LOXO7
Member since 2008 • 5595 Posts

Good.  Privileged people need to be governed.

lonewolfman10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341 lonewolfman10
Member since 2012 • 528 Posts

Good thing I don't live in NY