Is there a GOD, if so how can you tell?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101 BumFluff122
Member since 2004 • 14853 Posts

[QUOTE="TheSoundSystem"]I was only pointing out on what level our knowledge was at those times... in my mind religion is out of date, because if you're following Christianity (f.ex) you're following their knowledge.mindstorm
If we have actually progressed as a species then I'd agree with you. The thing is, I do not believe our natures and intellect has progressed whatsoever.

We are becoming more and more knowledgable about the world around us. That is a a progression of knowledge.

TheSoundSystem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 TheSoundSystem
Member since 2009 • 133 Posts
[QUOTE="TheSoundSystem"]

I am a Muslim, too. But this doesn't prove anything as far the topic is concerned. The Qur'an is enough proof of the existance of God.ghoklebutter

How would you know? Ever wondered why God is male? Ever wondered why women are suppressed by the Qur'an? Because women had no say when it came to these Holy Books. What is the purpose of God being male? Last time I checked, only women could give birth and life.

You are grossly misinformed. The Qur'an contains knowledge no one could even dream of at the time it was revealed. No one helped Muhammad since people thought he was crazy, and he was illiterate. Therefore, it's very likely that it wasn't written by man.God is not male. It's an error in translation, which is a reason why translations of the Qur'an are unreliable.Don't even get me started on women's rights..

Who's the one who's misinformed, is all I am saying. No one can know anything for sure. You're writing about Mohammad and this happened and that happened, but can you now for sure?
Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#103 Dariency
Member since 2003 • 9464 Posts

Most atheists are agnostic, hence the term agnostic atheist.

BumFluff122

Well there are differences between those terms. A simple athiest does not believe in a god, and usually isn't open to the possibility of one. Agnostics believe that the existence of a god is unknown, and an agnostic athiest doesn't believe in god but also understands the possibility of one. At least, that's what I've always defined them. I am just a plain agnostic myself.

ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts

[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="TheSoundSystem"] How would you know? Ever wondered why God is male? Ever wondered why women are suppressed by the Qur'an? Because women had no say when it came to these Holy Books. What is the purpose of God being male? Last time I checked, only women could give birth and life.TheSoundSystem
You are grossly misinformed. The Qur'an contains knowledge no one could even dream of at the time it was revealed. No one helped Muhammad since people thought he was crazy, and he was illiterate. Therefore, it's very likely that it wasn't written by man.God is not male. It's an error in translation, which is a reason why translations of the Qur'an are unreliable.Don't even get me started on women's rights..

Who's the one who's misinformed, is all I am saying. No one can know anything for sure. You're writing about Mohammad and this happened and that happened, but can you now for sure?

The Qur'an predicts certain events in history. (Not 9/11, lol) It predicts the war in Rome and how the Muslims would win. It predicts that the Pharoh of Egypt will drown in the Red Sea, and that his body will be preserved and shown to the world as a lesson for mankind.

If the Qur'an includes such knowledge, then I say it is proof of God.

Lisandro_v22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#105 Lisandro_v22
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts
there's no evidence God exists that's the point of it, at least for catholics, i don't know about other religions though but i suppose they all are about faith and believing and anyway why do you need evidence? i don't see the use of it, just live your life (be a nice person just in case god exists) and you'll discover it when you die, that's my philosophy
Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#106 Asim90
Member since 2005 • 3692 Posts

[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="TheSoundSystem"] How would you know? Ever wondered why God is male? Ever wondered why women are suppressed by the Qur'an? Because women had no say when it came to these Holy Books. What is the purpose of God being male? Last time I checked, only women could give birth and life.TheSoundSystem

No one can be 100% sure about anything, thats the point. No theory is 100% certain whether its religious or scientific theories. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Science once say the world was flat while religion has said otherwise all along? Not being certain is the nature of human beings and its how we were created. Its called having faith and believing in the unseen. Many accepted scientific phenomena cannot be seen yet people still accept them.

TheSoundSystem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 TheSoundSystem
[QUOTE="TheSoundSystem"]

I am a Muslim, too. But this doesn't prove anything as far the topic is concerned. The Qur'an is enough proof of the existance of God.Asim90

How would you know? Ever wondered why God is male? Ever wondered why women are suppressed by the Qur'an? Because women had no say when it came to these Holy Books. What is the purpose of God being male? Last time I checked, only women could give birth and life.

I think God is described as male since he created man in his own image. Also, I'm guessing you meant oppressed when you said suppressed, which is incorrect anyway. This is typical ignorance coming from people that know very little about actual religions. You're right about only women being able to give birth though.

Yes, I mean oppressed. And perhaps I was wrong claiming the Qur'an is the one guilty of this. But please do not try to make me seem like a fool, when it comes to religion. When it comes to it all, you might be completely wrong about your own religion yourself. I will never take crap from another human being when it comes to religion, because no one can know any better than me, just as I cannot know any better than anyone else.
Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts

[QUOTE="_en1gma_"][QUOTE="Espada12"]

If god were to expose himself wouldn't everyone worship him? The way I see it god wants people to worship him willingly not because you know 100% sure he is watching you.

Espada12

No...why would I worship him?

Cause he's a god that determines your existance?

Might makes right?
BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 BumFluff122

[QUOTE="BumFluff122"]

dog64

Well there are differences between those terms. A simple athiest does not believe in a god, and usually isn't open to the possibility of one. Agnostics believe that the existence of a god is unknown, and an agnostic athiest doesn't believe in god but also understands the possibility of one. At least, that's what I've always defined them. I am just a plain agnostic myself.

Agnosticism is the belief that God can not be proven while atheism is the belief that there is no God. An agnostic atheist believes that there is no God yet that God can not be proven so he belileves that there is no God because He can not be proven. Agnosticism is not a stance of 'there is or there isn't a God'. You are either theistic or atheistic, there is no middle ground. However there are different levels of each. Agnoticism is just the belief that God can not be proven.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 194197844077667059316682358889
Exactly God works miracles and helps protect you etc and helps you through tough times. He helps you and protects you if you worship him. (There's a better way to put it than that)flowersjf
So God offers a generous benefits package for His followers, and it's a simple transaction, sort of like a protection racket? And of course bad things only ever happen to people who deserve them? The type of faith you seem to be suggesting here is pretty cynical from my perspective.
Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Asim90
Member since 2005 • 3692 Posts

[QUOTE="Asim90"][QUOTE="TheSoundSystem"] How would you know? Ever wondered why God is male? Ever wondered why women are suppressed by the Qur'an? Because women had no say when it came to these Holy Books. What is the purpose of God being male? Last time I checked, only women could give birth and life.TheSoundSystem
I think God is described as male since he created man in his own image. Also, I'm guessing you meant oppressed when you said suppressed, which is incorrect anyway. This is typical ignorance coming from people that know very little about actual religions. You're right about only women being able to give birth though.

Yes, I mean oppressed. And perhaps I was wrong claiming the Qur'an is the one guilty of this. But please do not try to make me seem like a fool, when it comes to religion. When it comes to it all, you might be completely wrong about your own religion yourself. I will never take crap from another human being when it comes to religion, because no one can know any better than me, just as I cannot know any better than anyone else.

I'm not making you look like a fool, I'm trying to correct your misunderstanding of something you don't understand. I'm not completely wrong about my religion, if I did not know what it fully entailed then I wouldn't believe it. There is no need to get aggressive, its just a conversation. Saying no one can know better then you is again ignorant. Of course someone can know better than you, if you aren't educated in that area. People know some thing better then I do on certain subjects. Calm down and just relax.

flowersjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#113 flowersjf
Member since 2008 • 2856 Posts
God is the highest power in this world and his spirit is everywhere believe it or not. I worship him all of the time and my life has always been going great. He works miracles and always has my back when I need him. (Unfortunately Satan's spirit is here too.)
TheSoundSystem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 TheSoundSystem

[QUOTE="TheSoundSystem"][QUOTE="ghoklebutter"] Who's the one who's misinformed, is all I am saying. No one can know anything for sure. You're writing about Mohammad and this happened and that happened, but can you now for sure?Asim90

No one can be 100% sure about anything, thats the point. No theory is 100% certain whether its religious or scientific theories. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Science once say the world was flat while religion has said otherwise all along? Not being certain is the nature of human beings and its how we were created. Its called having faith and believing in the unseen. Many accepted scientific phenomena cannot be seen yet people still accept them.

[QUOTE="TheSoundSystem"]In my mind no one holds the truth. A theist claims God exists, atheists cannot prove this to be false and therefore the theory of God's existance still stands. An atheist claims God does not exist, theists cannot prove this to false and therefore the theory of God's non-existance still stands.

TheSoundSystem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 TheSoundSystem
God is the highest power in this world and his spirit is everywhere believe it or not. I worship him all of the time and my life has always been going great. He works miracles and always has my back when I need him. (Unfortunately Satan's spirit is here too.) flowersjf
If the evil in the world is intended by god he is not good. If it violates his intentions he is not almighty. God can't be both almighty and good. There are many objections to this, but none that holds since god is ultimately responsible for the existence of evil. Besides, if only god can create he must have created evil. If somebody else (the devil) created evil, how can one know that god, and not Satan created the universe? - David Hume
tycoonmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 tycoonmike
Member since 2005 • 6082 Posts

You are grossly misinformed. The Qur'an contains knowledge no one could even dream of at the time it was revealed. No one helped Muhammad since people thought he was crazy, and he was illiterate. Therefore, it's very likely that it wasn't written by man.

God is not male. It's an error in translation, which is a reason why translations of the Qur'an are unreliable.

Don't even get me started on women's rights..

ghoklebutter

Italics: I believe I've had this same discussion with others on this forum. The supposed advanced scientific knowledge in the Qur'an has, at one point or another, been proven to be incorrect.

BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 BumFluff122

[QUOTE="flowersjf"]God is the highest power in this world and his spirit is everywhere believe it or not. I worship him all of the time and my life has always been going great. He works miracles and always has my back when I need him. (Unfortunately Satan's spirit is here too.) TheSoundSystem
If the evil in the world is intended by god he is not good. If it violates his intentions he is not almighty. God can't be both almighty and good. There are many objections to this, but none that holds since god is ultimately responsible for the existence of evil. Besides, if only god can create he must have created evil. If somebody else (the devil) created evil, how can one know that god, and not Satan created the universe? - David Hume

And if God created the universe and is omnipoetent/almighty then he would know that one of his creations would turn his back on him and become evil. He had the knowledge that evil would be brought into the universe but did nothign to stop it. He actually created it. And if God is omnipotent then he woudl know that his children (The human race) would give into this evil yet he did nothign about it. Instead he merely told the first two of his children not to do something that he knew would happen anyways.

ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 ghoklebutter

[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"]

You are grossly misinformed. The Qur'an contains knowledge no one could even dream of at the time it was revealed. No one helped Muhammad since people thought he was crazy, and he was illiterate. Therefore, it's very likely that it wasn't written by man.

God is not male. It's an error in translation, which is a reason why translations of the Qur'an are unreliable.

tycoonmike

Italics: I believe I've had this same discussion with others on this forum. The supposed advanced scientific knowledge in the Qur'an has, at one point or another, been proven to be incorrect.

I don't blame you. Most of the translations are craptastic. The only way to truly understand the Qur'an is to read it in Arabic.

The knowledge isn't advanced anyway. It just explains certain scientific phonomena in certain contexts.

Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Dariency

[QUOTE="dog64"]

[QUOTE="BumFluff122"]

BumFluff122

Agnosticism is the belief that God can not be proven while atheism is the belief that there is no God. An agnostic atheist believes that there is no God yet that God can not be proven so he belileves that there is no God because He can not be proven. Agnosticism is not a stance of 'there is or there isn't a God'. You are either theistic or atheistic, there is no middle ground. However there are different levels of each. Agnoticism is just the belief that God can not be proven.

There has to be a middle ground somewhere, as agnostics really can't say either way if there is a god or not so they can't be theistic or atheistic. Take me for example. I do not claim that god exists nor do I claim that he doesn't exist, because I have no proof of either. I'm willing to accept the possibility of god existing (although I really don't believe in the Christian god) but I can also see god not existing. What would you define me as?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 194197844077667059316682358889

There has to be a middle ground somewhere, as agnostics really can't say either way if there is a god or not so they can't be theistic or atheistic.

dog64
I'd say it's possible to hold an intellectual or philosophical position that the existence of God is unknowable, but to hold a belief one way or the other.
TheSoundSystem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 TheSoundSystem

[QUOTE="BumFluff122"]

[QUOTE="dog64"]

dog64

There has to be a middle ground somewhere, as agnostics really can't say either way if there is a god or not so they can't be theistic or atheistic. Take me for example. I do not claim that god exists nor do I claim that he doesn't exist, because I have no proof of either. I'm willing to accept the possibility of god existing (although I really don't believe in the Christian god) but I can also see god not existing. What would you define me as?

Agnosticism isn't a religion. It's not a theist nor atheist belief or view.
-Chimera-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 -Chimera-
Member since 2009 • 1852 Posts
I don't know if there is a God. I don't think there is any way to answer that question. I don't care what the answer is. To me, that's all there is to it.
Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Dariency

Agnosticism isn't a religion. It's not a theist nor atheist belief or view.TheSoundSystem

If it's not, then neither is atheism. Afterall athiests aren't religious, so why would that be a religion?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 194197844077667059316682358889

[QUOTE="TheSoundSystem"]Agnosticism isn't a religion. It's not a theist nor atheist belief or view.dog64

If it's not, then neither is atheism. Afterall athiests aren't religious, so why would that be a religion?

One is a philosophical stance on the answerability of a question, the other is a belief on the answer to the question itself. The difference is somewhat subtle but definitely there.
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts

[QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="TheSoundSystem"]I was only pointing out on what level our knowledge was at those times... in my mind religion is out of date, because if you're following Christianity (f.ex) you're following their knowledge.BumFluff122

If we have actually progressed as a species then I'd agree with you. The thing is, I do not believe our natures and intellect has progressed whatsoever.

We are becoming more and more knowledgable about the world around us. That is a a progression of knowledge.

I do not disagree with you there, but that doesn't mean our nature and ability to learn has progressed. :P
tycoonmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 tycoonmike

[QUOTE="tycoonmike"]

[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"]

ghoklebutter

I don't blame you. Most of the translations are craptastic. The only way to truly understand the Qur'an is to read it in Arabic.

The knowledge isn't advanced anyway. It just explains certain scientific phonomena in certain contexts.

All of which have been proven false...

Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Dariency

[QUOTE="dog64"]

[QUOTE="TheSoundSystem"]Agnosticism isn't a religion. It's not a theist nor atheist belief or view.xaos

One is a philosophical stance on the answerability of a question, the other is a belief on the answer to the question itself. The difference is somewhat subtle but definitely there.

Yes but are they a religion? And is it really agnostic = atheist and atheist = agnostic? Because I never considered myself an atheist.

ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 ghoklebutter

[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"]

[QUOTE="tycoonmike"]

tycoonmike

In the translations, yes. They sound silly.

Also, most interpretations of the knowledge use vague verses from the Qur'an.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 194197844077667059316682358889

[QUOTE="xaos"][QUOTE="dog64"]

dog64

Yes but are they a religion? And is it really agnostic = atheist and atheist = agnostic? Because I never considered myself an atheist.

My point was that they are not equivalent; I think it would be possible for someone who is agnostic to be theist, atheist or to just refuse to commit. I would not consider agnosticism a religion, but can see arguments for atheism to be one, since declaring the non-existence of a deity is, to me, a matter of faith.
Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Dariency

[QUOTE="dog64"]

[QUOTE="xaos"] One is a philosophical stance on the answerability of a question, the other is a belief on the answer to the question itself. The difference is somewhat subtle but definitely there.xaos

My point was that they are not equivalent; I think it would be possible for someone who is agnostic to be theist, atheist or to just refuse to commit. I would not consider agnosticism a religion, but can see arguments for atheism to be one, since declaring the non-existence of a deity is, to me, a matter of faith.

True but I don't see how that differs if an agnostic can be a theist or atheist, which is the same matter of faith. Even though they may may put a question mark on it, some people who don't consider themselves agnostic or atheist may do so as well.

I may be an atheist to the Christian god, but as for some type of god or creator existing, I believe that it is possible but I have no proof to say either way. So in that case I'm not a theist or an atheist. Does that mean I have no belief?

BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 BumFluff122

[QUOTE="BumFluff122"]

[QUOTE="dog64"]

dog64

A weak agnostic atheist. Or something like that.

BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 BumFluff122

[QUOTE="BumFluff122"]

[QUOTE="mindstorm"] If we have actually progressed as a species then I'd agree with you. The thing is, I do not believe our natures and intellect has progressed whatsoever.mindstorm

I do not disagree with you there, but that doesn't mean our nature and ability to learn has progressed. :P

It's only been a blink of an eye in evolutionary terms since writing and recording of history was invented. I think you'll find that both of the items you listed there, though different from person to person, are mainly biologically based if I understand you correctly.

Trinners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Trinners
Member since 2009 • 2537 Posts

As far as we know, no, there is no god, anyone who says otherwise is in hard denial. We don't even know what "god" is, it's a complete arbitrary concept that makes as much sense as the tooth fairy. We cannot describe and make claims about something that we cannot observe.

The first step is to actually provide a clear cut definition of "god" because there is so many ambiguations regarding the concept. An omnipotent god is impossible to prove to exist due to infinite regression.

Any other kind of god that is not omnipotent is just silly because the concept is entirely relative and subjective. For example: to ants, we humans might be god to them. If we were to encounter an entity that we cannot fully comprehend and deem it as "god" then that would just be absurd. So unless we can provide empirical evidence to the existence of an omnipotent being and at the same time disproving infinite regression (this is impossible by the way), we will never know that god exists.

maverick_41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#134 maverick_41
Member since 2007 • 1195 Posts

[QUOTE="OldGeek88"]

I can't go on faith. I need some physical real evidence. How do you know there is a GOD?

DragonRebel0908

You ever been through a hard time in your life and got through it? You ever been sad, depressed, lonely, etc. and things got better for you? Ever really desired something and got it? There is your evidence. You can't physically see what's not physical. The point is that God is the creator and ruler of this world but he is far higher than this world. He is spirit but he manifests himself into things in the world. Satan does the same.

Very well said. Oh and TC, if that too isn't good enough for you, ever heard of Jesus Christ?

BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 BumFluff122

[QUOTE="DragonRebel0908"]

[QUOTE="OldGeek88"]

I can't go on faith. I need some physical real evidence. How do you know there is a GOD?

maverick_41

You ever been through a hard time in your life and got through it? You ever been sad, depressed, lonely, etc. and things got better for you? Ever really desired something and got it? There is your evidence. You can't physically see what's not physical. The point is that God is the creator and ruler of this world but he is far higher than this world. He is spirit but he manifests himself into things in the world. Satan does the same.

Very well said. Oh and TC, if that too isn't good enough for you, ever heard of Jesus Christ?

Please explain to me how things improving for you is proof of God. Also please exaplin to me how the existence of a person in history is proof of God.

tycoonmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 tycoonmike

[QUOTE="tycoonmike"]

[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"]

ghoklebutter

There is nothing within any religion that isn't vague and open to interpretation. Indeed, if the Qur'an itself wasn't vague, why are there several different schools of thought when it comes to the interpretation of the Qur'an, like Sunni and Shi'a? The same thing can be seen in Christianity (Catholicism and Protestantism), Judaism (Messianic, etc.), Hinduism (Vedic, Vedantic, etc.), and so on. Religion by its very nature is vague.

ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 ghoklebutter

[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"]

[QUOTE="tycoonmike"]

tycoonmike

There is nothing within any religion that isn't vague and open to interpretation. Indeed, if the Qur'an itself wasn't vague, why are there several different schools of thought when it comes to the interpretation of the Qur'an, like Sunni and Shi'a? The same thing can be seen in Christianity (Catholicism and Protestantism), Judaism (Messianic, etc.), Hinduism (Vedic, Vedantic, etc.), and so on. Religion by its very nature is vague.

I disagree. The Qur'an is usually very easy to understand. People say these wierd interpretations because well, they're crazy. :P The different schools are the result of dissagreements between tribes, religious zealots, etc.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
I don't believe in a God. You'll never get physical evidence for any major religion, because that's where faith comes in.
Dr_Brocoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Dr_Brocoli
Member since 2007 • 3724 Posts

If god were to expose himself wouldn't everyone worship him? The way I see it god wants people to worship him willingly not because you know 100% sure he is watching you.

Espada12
Id never worship god since he IS evil. All the bad stuff he does to people in this world is disgusting. He hates gay people no matter how good they are etc. He gets people to murder other people in useless wars. Nothing but evil from god. I see no good in god just evil.
mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#140 mimic-Denmark
Member since 2006 • 4382 Posts

You can say this is BS if you like (knock yourself out - I'm honestly not bothered :P) - basically, I have depression and usually when I feel down I try to sleep it off. Unfortunately, a few weeks ago I started feeling horrible while I was at work. Energy levels slumped, couldn't focus on anything, started having suicidal thoughts yada yada yada. So, I went to the toilet cubicle and started crying and in a moment of desperation I said this in my head (as cheesy as it is) - "Please, God just prove to me that I can feel okay. I need to know its not hopeless". After saying that, I felt... something (kind of felt like a hand) touch my back and all the pain I was feeling vanished for about 30 seconds.

So yeah, draw what you want to from that. Think I'm crazy or whatever. As I said, it doesn't bother me.

manicfoot

Thats just endorphines that were released in your brain, from the aftermath of crying.

tycoonmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 tycoonmike

[QUOTE="tycoonmike"]

[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"]

ghoklebutter

I disagree. The Qur'an is usually very easy to understand. People say these wierd interpretations because well, they're crazy. :P The different schools are the result of dissagreements between tribes, religious zealots, etc.

The difference being that I may understand the passages differently than you do. Which interpretation is right? Is either of them right?

chAzN93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#142 chAzN93
Member since 2004 • 34854 Posts
im talking to him right now...
anasbouzid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 anasbouzid
Member since 2004 • 2340 Posts
God isnt male or female...God doesnt reproduce. Also, women are not oppresed by the Quran. On the contrary the Quran give tons of rights to women that most women outside the religion didnt get untill the 20th century
Bentham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Bentham
Member since 2008 • 1154 Posts
You can't. It's called blind faith; and if you're somewhat of a rational person, you will not accept such dogma.
anasbouzid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 anasbouzid

and then you stand before God after you leave this world...then what are you do? What can you do. When he asks why didnt you believe are you going to say.."the signs were'nt clear enough." I dont mean to be offensive but belief in what is unknown isnt exactly rational or irrational

anasbouzid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 anasbouzid

[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"]

[QUOTE="tycoonmike"]

tycoonmike

The difference being that I may understand the passages differently than you do. Which interpretation is right? Is either of them right?

it could be that both of them are right or none of them. In other words when the prophets died, humans lost a critical source of truth.
Bentham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Bentham
Member since 2008 • 1154 Posts
and then you stand before God after you leave this world...then what are you do? What can you do. When he asks why didnt you believe are you going to say.."the signs werentclear enough." I dont mean to be offensive but belief in what is unknown isnt exactly rational or irrationalanasbouzid
Since you bring up rationality, if God does exist (Judeo-Christian God probably doesn't), then he wouldn't cast a good person into hell--that is irrational.
Philx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#149 Philx3
Member since 2008 • 1426 Posts

Well one day I said if there is a god let it ran knives and it did so I thought that was go enough proof... Nah not real there is no way of telling I'll only belive in God if he comes down and say hey im real I can't see the point in worshiping something that most likely isn't real. Blind faith is needed and another word for blind faith is stupidty

battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#150 battlefront23
Member since 2006 • 12625 Posts

His power is evident in my life...