Is the human fetus a parasite according to science?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

OrkHammer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#251 OrkHammer007
Member since 2006 • 4753 Posts

again, the topic is this:

THIS IS SCIENCE:

galerouth

No, the topic is pizza. Try to keep up with your own thread, please.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#252 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
If one wants to justify abortion, something must have gone wrong while one was a fetus. Quite understandable, I suppose.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#253 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
If one wants to justify abortion, something must have gone wrong while one was a fetus. Quite understandable, I suppose.SolidSnake35
Something went wrong with ~50% of the population? WE MUST STOP THIS EPIDEMIC Quick, to the bullsh!t mobile
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#254 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"]If one wants to justify abortion, something must have gone wrong while one was a fetus. Quite understandable, I suppose.DroidPhysX
Something went wrong with ~50% of the population? WE MUST STOP THIS EPIDEMIC Quick, to the bullsh!t mobile

Probably more than that.
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
man, if i had some pizza right now i'd have some pizza
Heisenderp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#256 Heisenderp
Member since 2011 • 815 Posts
If one wants to justify abortion, something must have gone wrong while one was a fetus. Quite understandable, I suppose.SolidSnake35
Again, I thought only atheists were capable of bigotry? What sorcery is this?
OrkHammer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 OrkHammer007

I believe the TC is justifying it as a source of pizza toppings...

chad_daddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 chad_daddy
Member since 2008 • 500 Posts
No more fetus! only sex! make sex not abortion
OmenUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#260 OmenUK
Member since 2011 • 1268 Posts

The only problem with human parasite's and fetus' is...

After all that science and debate, you have to unwind with a slice or two of pizza :)

(how about that for getting us back on to the TRUE topic of this thread lol)

Mikey132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 Mikey132
Member since 2005 • 5180 Posts

I haven't had pizza from Pizza Hut in years. I worked at one when I was in school, now I'm craving a greasy pan pizza!

Pizza thread made me hungry!

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

Wall O text.galerouth

I am confused, is this a sodomy promotion thread?

TehFuneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 TehFuneral
Member since 2007 • 8237 Posts

Why the hell is this thread still alive?

I didn't even read it, but why the hell is it!

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

TehFuneral

Its about sodomy either before or after pizza.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 DroidPhysX

Dominos or Pizza hut?

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#266 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

TehFuneral

Screw this.

now

Mikey132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 Mikey132

Screw Spiderman

OrkHammer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 OrkHammer007

Screw Spiderman

Mikey132

I believe Spiderman could take Pizza the Hutt any day of the week. :lol:

galerouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 galerouth
Member since 2012 • 184 Posts

[QUOTE="Mikey132"]

Screw Spiderman

OrkHammer007

pizza?
galerouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 galerouth

that picture is nasty.

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts
Then any fetus/egg is a parasite to some degree. Most organisms are parasites by the definition the op gave.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36047 Posts

All human beings are parasites, mannnnnnnnnnnn.

MarioRPGer

I heard that we were a virus from this guy.

galerouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 galerouth
Then any fetus/egg is a parasite to some degree. Most organisms are parasites by the definition the op gave.shakmaster13
thanks.
Mikey132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 Mikey132

[QUOTE="Mikey132"]

Screw Spiderman

OrkHammer007

No deal, the hot cheese would melt Spiderman's web. Spidey would get so exhausted trying to web him he'd end up getting hungry and Pizza would offer him a slice of poisoned pizza. Check and Mate!

galerouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 galerouth

[QUOTE="OrkHammer007"]

[QUOTE="Mikey132"]

Screw Spiderman

Mikey132

No deal, the hot cheese would melt Spiderman's web. Spidey would get so exhausted trying to web him he'd end up getting hungry and Pizza would offer him a slice of poisoned pizza. Check and Mate!

pizza
Nude_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 Nude_Dude
Member since 2007 • 5530 Posts

They become parasites later on, when they turn 20 and still live off your money, use your food and internet and take up space in your house 'cause they're lazy sacks of shìt.

galerouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 galerouth

They become parasites later on, when they turn 20 and still live off your money, use your food and internet and take up space in your house 'cause they're lazy sacks of shìt.

Nude_Dude
NO, sir---i'm not a parasite, my mommy lives with me. LOL
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="Nude_Dude"]

galerouth
NO, sir---i'm not a parasite, my mommy lives with me. LOL

dat e-cred
Frame_Dragger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 Frame_Dragger
Member since 2009 • 9581 Posts
It's a parasitic phase of an organism, from a strictly biological point of view... unless you take the genetic view that we're just carriers for genes. I don't see a clear-cut answer here. Now, the placenta is purely parasitic... perhaps that's easier to "debate"?
galerouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 galerouth
[QUOTE="Frame_Dragger"]It's a parasitic phase of an organism, from a strictly biological point of view... unless you take the genetic view that we're just carriers for genes. I don't see a clear-cut answer here. Now, the placenta is purely parasitic... perhaps that's easier to "debate"?

i'm getting sick of the "strict" word, when it comes to this biology debate, the fact is the placenta is part of the fetus. no, the WHOLE fetus is a parasite.
Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#282 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

I think most people who are calling a fetus a parasite are missing the point. Even if it is technically a parasite, it's a parasite that was created by you.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
[QUOTE="Frame_Dragger"]It's a parasitic phase of an organism, from a strictly biological point of view... unless you take the genetic view that we're just carriers for genes. I don't see a clear-cut answer here. Now, the placenta is purely parasitic... perhaps that's easier to "debate"?

FRAME :3 You are alive!
whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#284 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

No. That's just a bunch of radical-feminist hate speech directed at children. A parasite is a different species than it's host and is usually harmful to that host. A fetus/baby is of the same species, usually is not harmful, and ultimately benefits its mother (emotionally, as well as caring for her in her old age).

galerouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 galerouth

I think most people who are calling a fetus a parasite are missing the point. Even if it is technically a parasite, it's a parasite that was created by you.

hartsickdiscipl
so what? cancer is all you, too.. and you have no problem getting rid of it.
galerouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 galerouth

No. That's just a bunch of radical-feminist hate speech directed at children. A parasite is a different species than it's host and is usually harmful to that host. A fetus/baby is of the same species, usually is not harmful, and ultimately benefits its mother (emotionally, as well as caring for her in her old age).

whipassmt
feminist? yeah, i am a feminist, but the science is solid, mr. fallacy. if you believe that a parasite can't be the same species as its host, what is a parasitic twin?
whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 whipassmt

[QUOTE="hartsickdiscipl"]

galerouth

cancer isa disease/medical condition, a fetus is an organism. Cancer is when a bunch of your body cells (due to genetic mutation caused by various things such a chemicals, UV light or certain viruses) divide in non-normal manner and do not work in the way they are supposed to. Pregnancy is something totally different.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 whipassmt

[QUOTE="whipassmt"]

galerouth

feminist? yeah, i am a feminist, but the science is solid, mr. fallacy. if you believe that a parasite can't be the same species as its host, what is a parasitic twin?

I am not familiar with the idea of a "parasitic twin" but it seems like a medical disorder during pregnancy.

Either way a parasite is harmful to the host and does not benefit it. A fetus/child is not harmful to its mother and does benefit her.

galerouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 galerouth

[QUOTE="galerouth"][QUOTE="hartsickdiscipl"]

whipassmt

cancer isa disease/medical condition, a fetus is an organism. Cancer is when a bunch of your body cells (due to genetic mutation caused by various things such a chemicals, UV light or certain viruses) divide in non-normal manner and do not work in the way they are supposed to. Pregnancy is something totally different.

you missed the point. he said that a fetus is a part of you, then i added so is cancer...so the emotional bullscrap is moot.
whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 whipassmt

this is what i saw on yahoo answers: THIS IS SCIENCE: FETUS IS NOT A BABY (GOOGLE THE HUMAN DEVELOPMENT CHART), but a parasite because the classification of the biological relationship that is based on the behavior one organism (fetus) and how it relates to the woman's body. as a zygote, it invaded the woman's uterus using its TROPHOBLAST cells, hijacked her immune system by using NEUROKININ B and HCG--- so her body doesn't kill it, steals her nutrients to survive, and causes her harm or potential death. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trophoblast "The placenta functions as an immunological barrier between the mother and the fetus, creating an immunologically privileged site. For this purpose, it uses several mechanisms: It secretes Neurokinin B containing phosphocholine molecules. This is the same mechanism used by parasitic nematodes to avoid detection by the immune system of their host.[2]" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immune_tolerance_in_pregnancy "Progesterone enriches the uterus with a thick lining of blood vessels and capillaries so that it can sustain the growing fetus. Due to its highly-negative charge, hCG may repel the immune cells of the mother, protecting the fetus during the first trimester. It has also been hypothesized that hCG may be a placental link for the development of local maternal immunotolerance." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_chorionic_gonadotropin "It is also possible for a symbiotic relationship to exist between two organisms of the same species." http://www.answers.com/topic/symbiosis -- Gale's Science of Everyday Things. just like a parasitic twin --- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasitic_twin "an animal or plant that lives in or on another (the host) from which it obtains nourishment. The host does not benefit from the association and is often harmed by it" http://www.thefreedictionary.com/parasite pregnancy CAUSES HARM: http://www.thelizlibrary.org/liz/004.htm THE BIBLE: the bible supported abortion, that was done by a priest, in god's name, in his holly temple! the 1984 NIV footnote of numbers 5:11-31 explained what "to thy thigh to rot, they belly to swell" meant: numbers 5:21 "or causes you to have a miscarrying womb and barrenness" to CAUSE a miscarrying womb IS an abortion. 'Ephraim, as I saw Tyre, is planted in a pleasant place; but Ephraim shall bring forth his children to the murderer." Give them, O LORD -- what wilt Thou give? Give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts...Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no fruit; yea, though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb.' HOSEA 9-16 the judeo-christian god is a myth and historical evidence proves it. 3.3.3 ATHEISM: A HISTORY OF GOD (Part 1) http://www.evilbible.com/god http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/says_about/abortion.html THIS IS THE LAW: ABORTION IS A CIVIL AND CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT SUPPORTED BY THE RIGHTS TO PRIVACY, THE EQUAL PROTECTION CLAUSE OF THE 14TH AMENDMENT, AND THE 13TH AMENDMENT. NO HUMAN ( that means the FETUS, too) has a right to life or any due process rights by the 14th amendment to use another human's body or body parts AGAINST their will, civil and constitutional rights: that's why you are not forced to donate your kidney---the human fetus is no exception; this is supported by the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment AND 13th amendment, which makes reproductive slavery unconstitutional. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal_Protection_Clause "Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction. " http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirteenth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution this makes viability unconstitutional because pregnancy is not a crime. consensual sex=/= a legal, binding contract to an unwanted fetus to live; and abortion is not murder, the unlawful killing with intent.galerouth

what is the point of all this writing? What does slavery or the Constitution have to do with whether a fetus (the question says "human fetus" but that is stupid, if a human fetus is a parasite so too is any other fetus or any other species) is a parasite "according to science".

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#291 th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts
Kill it with fire.
whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 whipassmt

[QUOTE="whipassmt"]

[QUOTE="galerouth"] so what? cancer is all you, too.. and you have no problem getting rid of it.galerouth

you missed the point. he said that a fetus is a part of you, then i added so is cancer...so the emotional bullscrap is moot.

I would have to disagree with him. A fetus is not a part of its mother, it is an organism all on its own. Cancer(or more accurately cancer tissue, or tumors)however, as I said above, is a part of the person, not an organism of its own accord.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 whipassmt

Kill it with fire. th3warr1or
kill what the fetus? Actually a saline abortion is quite similar to killing with fire. I've seen pictures of the fetuses killed by this method and they look like they've been burnt, their skin is all black and charcoal-like (In a certain sense it is a burning, since the saline solution essentially sucks the water out of them and dries them up, quite like burning does). It's really quite brutal.

galerouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 galerouth
what is the point of all this writing? What does slavery or the Constitution have to do with whether a fetus (the question says "human fetus" but that is stupid, if a human fetus is a parasite so too is any other fetus or any other species) is a parasite "according to science".whipassmt
well, since this is a forum, why not talk about it? i doubt anyone would care after mass effect 3 is release, anyways. the human fetus is a parasite, and so is any mammal. well, the constitution doesn't support slavery, and having a woman be forced into keeping her pregnancy I.E viability IS unconstitutional because it's reproductive slavery. but to you, law and science IS evil feminists' talk, anyways.
galerouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 galerouth

[QUOTE="galerouth"][QUOTE="whipassmt"] cancer isa disease/medical condition, a fetus is an organism. Cancer is when a bunch of your body cells (due to genetic mutation caused by various things such a chemicals, UV light or certain viruses) divide in non-normal manner and do not work in the way they are supposed to. Pregnancy is something totally different.

whipassmt

I would have to disagree with him. A fetus is not a part of its mother, it is an organism all on its own. Cancer(or more accurately cancer tissue, or tumors)however, as I said above, is a part of the person, not an organism of its own accord.

then i would have to disagree with you, since the fetus is using the woman's body to survive. the fetus is a genetically separate being, but it's a biologically attached to the woman.
whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 whipassmt

[QUOTE="whipassmt"]what is the point of all this writing? What does slavery or the Constitution have to do with whether a fetus (the question says "human fetus" but that is stupid, if a human fetus is a parasite so too is any other fetus or any other species) is a parasite "according to science".galerouth
well, since this is a forum, why not talk about it? i doubt anyone would care after mass effect 3 is release, anyways. the human fetus is a parasite, and so is any mammal. well, the constitution doesn't support slavery, and having a woman be forced into keeping her pregnancy I.E viability IS unconstitutional because it's reproductive slavery. but to you, law and science IS evil feminists' talk, anyways.

C'mon. Pregnancy is not slavery. And Roe V. Wade does allow states to ban abortions post-viability (as medical science advances, post-viability becomes ever earlier in the pregnancy too).

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 whipassmt

[QUOTE="whipassmt"]

[QUOTE="galerouth"] you missed the point. he said that a fetus is a part of you, then i added so is cancer...so the emotional bullscrap is moot.galerouth

then i would have to disagree with you, since the fetus is using the woman's body to survive. the fetus is a genetically separate being, but it's a biologically attached to the woman.

A breast-fed baby is also using the mother's body to survive. In fact the term fetus is Latin for "suckling", it refers to the child not only before, but also after birth.

lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts

I can't believe this thread is still alive.

galerouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 galerouth

[QUOTE="galerouth"][QUOTE="whipassmt"]what is the point of all this writing? What does slavery or the Constitution have to do with whether a fetus (the question says "human fetus" but that is stupid, if a human fetus is a parasite so too is any other fetus or any other species) is a parasite "according to science".whipassmt

C'mon. Pregnancy is not slavery. And Roe V. Wade does allow states to ban abortions post-viability (as medical science advances, post-viability becomes ever earlier in the pregnancy too).

when did i say that wanted pregnancy was slavery? being forced to keep an unwanted pregnancy is reproductive slavery. yes, the state nor the fed doesn't have a right to force reproductive slavery on women, just like the fed doesn't have a right to force the draft. it's a violation of the 13th amendment.
galerouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 galerouth

[QUOTE="galerouth"][QUOTE="whipassmt"] I would have to disagree with him. A fetus is not a part of its mother, it is an organism all on its own. Cancer(or more accurately cancer tissue, or tumors)however, as I said above, is a part of the person, not an organism of its own accord.

whipassmt

A breast-fed baby is also using the mother's body to survive. In fact the term fetus is Latin for "suckling", it refers to the child not only before, but also after birth.

the woman IS allowing a baby to feed from her breast, she doesn't have to do it nor she isn't being forced into doing it. the fetus, as a zygote invaded her body and hijacked her immune system to live. big difference.