I'm so sick of reverse racism in commercials

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#101 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts
This is part of the world we live in. Political correctness is a way of life now and people would rather be called anything but racist.
arab_prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#102 arab_prince
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts
Oh my gosh. We are all humans. You shouldn't be so sensitive.
gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#103 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts
Nah it's completely random. People like to make big fuss of everything! TV commercials should start using robots instead of human.
arab_prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 arab_prince

Nah it's completely random. People like to make big fuss of everything! TV commercials should start using robots instead of human.gamingqueen

Would these robots be white or black?

justiceboy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#105 justiceboy13
Member since 2004 • 11295 Posts
white men are the only group with no voice? are you kidding? Take a look at our government, buddy.
Laymsp0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#106 Laymsp0t
Member since 2007 • 219 Posts
[QUOTE="Laymsp0t"]

[QUOTE="wemhim"]Uhhh...How do they have biologically different social traits? There's still no fact saying that they are biologically different as of yet, since, the term, "race" is still in debate. They have the same genes as whiteys. It's almost like saying gingers are a race.
Veemon_X

theres also no facts that says were the same ;)

theres a lot of difference in races that we know of, such as skull shape and the ability to get certain diseases (such as sickle cell) so no, the term race isnt up for debate. If you cant see a huge difference from Europeans and Africans, then I think your blinded by political correctness. Keep in mind a lot of science these days is only made a big issue if the media or the government wants it to be. Do you honestly think if they found out one day that whites are actually superior that they would release that information? Honestly a little common sense man.

I heard there are slight medical differences between people of different colors, but nothing too big that would affect personal life or lead to dominance.

we have a lot of genes, most of which scientists know nothing about at all. and they admit this so why would they claim were all the same when theres very obvious differences?

gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 gamingqueen

[QUOTE="gamingqueen"]Nah it's completely random. People like to make big fuss of everything! TV commercials should start using robots instead of human.arab_prince

Grey? Where are you from btw?

Laymsp0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Laymsp0t

white men are the only group with no voice? are you kidding? Take a look at our government, buddy.justiceboy13

they hardly represent white people, buddy.

theyre more concerned with israel and their own gains. They dont represent white people in america.

Laymsp0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Laymsp0t

This is part of the world we live in. Political correctness is a way of life now and people would rather be called anything but racist.nooblet69

id rather be called racist than anything.

arab_prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 arab_prince
[QUOTE="arab_prince"]

[QUOTE="gamingqueen"]Nah it's completely random. People like to make big fuss of everything! TV commercials should start using robots instead of human.gamingqueen

Grey? But you have to satisfy the other robots' needs of being on tv! I was born in America, live in Canada, and my nationality is egyptian:) u?

gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 gamingqueen
[QUOTE="gamingqueen"][QUOTE="arab_prince"]

[QUOTE="gamingqueen"]Nah it's completely random. People like to make big fuss of everything! TV commercials should start using robots instead of human.arab_prince

Grey? But you have to satisfy the other robots' needs of being on tv! I was born in America, live in Canada, and my nationality is egyptian:) u?

I live in a world where people got past the color issue since ages. Now it's more like you are what you have in your account! Isn't this how things are done in life today?

I'm from Kuwait:)

arab_prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 arab_prince

The colour issue is quite idiotic. There was an episode of South Park which I found to be very good on dealing with the issue. The episode involved changing of the flag because it showed white men standing around a black man being hanged. If you havent watched it go check it out.

I've always wanted to visit Kuwait btw. I have some family friends from there.

leegar88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 leegar88
Member since 2006 • 5307 Posts
It is sad that even today when people like the TC watch commercials they immediatly make race an issue.
gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 gamingqueen

The colour issue is quite idiotic. There was an episode of South Park which I found to be very good on dealing with the issue. The episode involved changing of the flag because it showed white men standing around a black man being hanged. If you havent watched it go check it out.

arab_prince

Give me the title and I'll look for it.

Really? I've always wanted to go to Egypt as well! de ma9r Om el donya:P

leegar88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 leegar88

arab_prince

I liked that episode, I also like the episode they made abiout the whole kramer thing.

arab_prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 arab_prince

Msr Gamela. :)

The episode is called Cheif goes Nanners. Since its southpark you cant expect too much maturity, but the idea is solid.

gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 gamingqueen

Msr Gamela. :)

The episode is called Cheif goes Nanners. Since its southpark you cant expect too much maturity, but the idea is solid.

arab_prince

LOL Come on it's not written by a group of sociologists! Thanks for the link:)

unknown-phenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 unknown-phenom
Member since 2006 • 1807 Posts

Another example is on a commercial for a PSP. a white guy is trying to(very annoyingly)back-seat drive an asian guy while he is playing his PSP, and the asian guy says "get your own", and that's how the conversation ends.EboyLOL

Cluster Bomb Cluster bomb!!!

EboyLOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 EboyLOL
Member since 2006 • 5358 Posts
[QUOTE="EboyLOL"][QUOTE="Laymsp0t"]

[QUOTE="TheJustin"][QUOTE="Laymsp0t"]nobody is equal, people earn their spot in society. Black people just protest. they dont stand up for themselves like OTHER races have. Black people have next to no influence in this world. Wether you admit that or not is up to you, but for an entire race to be practically nonexistant like them its pretty ridiculous.Laymsp0t

SO TRUE!!!

WAIT!!! Never mind :?

as a musician, im hardly impressed with blues music. And there wasnt any POSITIVE influence from it. the slave music was taught to slaves by white people who showed them very basic things on music theory. The best thing any modern form of music did was remove the blues element. Metal is a really good example of this. At one time it was very bluesy, but then it removed it and had more of a c-l-a-s-s-i-c-a-l (I cant believe that word is banned) feel than ever.

I think its cute that you really thought you were right this time though

You have no clue what you are talking about... "blues had no positive influence" :lol:

You realize your opinion pretty much falls flat, especially when you cant even defend it right?

even if you think it did have a "positive" influence, what makes you think I believe its a positive influence?

Does blues music stand up to clas-sical or european folk music? No it dosent. Also, both of those forms of music have a lot more positivity to them

Yeah, the best part is... I was the one who is right.

No, you weren't correct. You made a lot of assumtions based off of your opinion. I think the c-l-a-s-s-i-c-a-l influence on modern metal makes it sound even crappier then it already did, and you don't. Your argument is based off opinion. I was too dumbfounded that anybody actually believed that blues had "no positive influence" to show you how unbelievably wrong you were. I don't like certain genres of music, but I at least have the nerve to admit that certain artists of those genres have talent and were a positive influence (Metallica). And what do you mean by "it can't stand up to clas-sical or European Folk?". I like the way blues sounds more then either of those, and it gets on my nerves when people bash it. And I will forgive you for the last part of your post. Anybody who must assure me that "they were correct" is a forum noob.
bdmckinley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#120 bdmckinley
Member since 2004 • 817 Posts
How about all of the buddy cop movies where they depict the white as the old, bad, nerdy, corrupt or crazy cop and the black is depicted as the good cop: Beverly hills cop, Lethal weapon, Rush hour (with an asian), money talks, 48 hours, Men In Black, national security and many more. If a black guy is in a movie, he is always depicted as the good guy and the white as corrupt.FPSGunnerDude
you forgot "Training Day"....oh wait...
unknown-phenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 unknown-phenom
Member since 2006 • 1807 Posts
[QUOTE="FPSGunnerDude"]How about all of the buddy cop movies where they depict the white as the old, bad, nerdy, corrupt or crazy cop and the black is depicted as the good cop: Beverly hills cop, Lethal weapon, Rush hour (with an asian), money talks, 48 hours, Men In Black, national security and many more. If a black guy is in a movie, he is always depicted as the good guy and the white as corrupt.bdmckinley

Wasnt Denzel Washington the bad guy in the movie? Its been so long since Ive seen it.
Avatar image for someotherguy654
someotherguy654

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#122 someotherguy654
Member since 2004 • 15122 Posts
I guess because they always get killed first in horror movies, they get even in commercials.
FPSGunnerDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#123 FPSGunnerDude
Member since 2006 • 948 Posts

[QUOTE="FPSGunnerDude"]How about all of the buddy cop movies where they depict the white as the old, bad, nerdy, corrupt or crazy cop and the black is depicted as the good cop: Beverly hills cop, Lethal weapon, Rush hour (with an asian), money talks, 48 hours, Men In Black, national security and many more. If a black guy is in a movie, he is always depicted as the good guy and the white as corrupt.bdmckinley

That's what was so shocking and good about Training Day. They actually had the guts to depict the black cop as the bad one.

bdmckinley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 bdmckinley
Member since 2004 • 817 Posts

[QUOTE="bdmckinley"][QUOTE="FPSGunnerDude"]How about all of the buddy cop movies where they depict the white as the old, bad, nerdy, corrupt or crazy cop and the black is depicted as the good cop: Beverly hills cop, Lethal weapon, Rush hour (with an asian), money talks, 48 hours, Men In Black, national security and many more. If a black guy is in a movie, he is always depicted as the good guy and the white as corrupt.FPSGunnerDude

That's what was so shocking and good about Training Day. They actually had the guts to depict the black cop as the bad one.

Yeah, it was definitely different. That movie was pretty bold.
leegar88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 leegar88

[QUOTE="bdmckinley"][QUOTE="FPSGunnerDude"]How about all of the buddy cop movies where they depict the white as the old, bad, nerdy, corrupt or crazy cop and the black is depicted as the good cop: Beverly hills cop, Lethal weapon, Rush hour (with an asian), money talks, 48 hours, Men In Black, national security and many more. If a black guy is in a movie, he is always depicted as the good guy and the white as corrupt.FPSGunnerDude

Why is it so special that they had a black main bad guy. I don't get why some people are always concerned about race.
FPSGunnerDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 FPSGunnerDude
[QUOTE="FPSGunnerDude"]

[QUOTE="bdmckinley"][QUOTE="FPSGunnerDude"]How about all of the buddy cop movies where they depict the white as the old, bad, nerdy, corrupt or crazy cop and the black is depicted as the good cop: Beverly hills cop, Lethal weapon, Rush hour (with an asian), money talks, 48 hours, Men In Black, national security and many more. If a black guy is in a movie, he is always depicted as the good guy and the white as corrupt.leegar88

Why is it so special that they had a black main bad guy. I don't get why some people are always concerned about race.

We're just noticing certain trends in advertising and moviesthat are real. If they weren't real trends, then we wouldn't notice them. Are we supposed to deny that the trends exist?

leegar88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 leegar88
[QUOTE="leegar88"][QUOTE="FPSGunnerDude"]

We're just noticing certain trends in advertising and moviesthat are real. If they weren't real trends, then we wouldn't notice them. Are we supposed to deny that the trends exist?

I know that there are certain trends but it seems like a few of you are overly concerned with race. In the OP he just listed a few commercials that happened to have a black guy appear smarter then a white guy. I don't understand why it was such a big problem I have seen commercials where it was the the other way around, and most of his points were just him overanalysing things.I just think we have come to far in sciety for people to worry about race like that.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#129 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts
It's to make up for all the episodes of Cops. :P
FPSGunnerDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 FPSGunnerDude
[QUOTE="FPSGunnerDude"][QUOTE="leegar88"][QUOTE="FPSGunnerDude"]

[QUOTE="bdmckinley"][QUOTE="FPSGunnerDude"]How about all of the buddy cop movies where they depict the white as the old, bad, nerdy, corrupt or crazy cop and the black is depicted as the good cop: Beverly hills cop, Lethal weapon, Rush hour (with an asian), money talks, 48 hours, Men In Black, national security and many more. If a black guy is in a movie, he is always depicted as the good guy and the white as corrupt.leegar88

I know that there are certain trends but it seems like a few of you are overly concerned with race. In the OP he just listed a few commercials that happened to have a black guy appear smarter then a white guy. I don't understand why it was such a big problem I have seen commercials where it was the the other way around, and most of his points were just him overanalysing things.I just think we have come to far in sciety for people to worry about race like that.

So, you agree that there are certian trends in media. It seems worse to deny that they exist and bury your head in the sand. Like thetrend in media for blacks to be depicted and depict themselves as bullys organgsters or embracing a criminal culture on stations like Black Entertainment Telelvision, Mind of Mencia, or Dave Chapelle. Whichare very "uncool" trends as well. Are we supposed to deny that this exists or other movies and media going out of their way to depict black as good and white as bad? If we don't discuss and admit it exists, then how can we change thing for the better?

General_Gustaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#131 General_Gustaf
Member since 2004 • 279 Posts

It's all about political correctness. If there's a majority, then it seems acceptable to make them seem bad to make the minorities happy, or not unhappy.

In today's world of suing and political correctness, people dare not disrespect the minority, as they hold such great power over the majority. Someone from the majority picking on someone from the minority? Rascism. Someone from the minority picking on the majority? Standard.

nbtrap1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 nbtrap1212
Member since 2005 • 1525 Posts

There is also sexism in the workplace. Women generally get paid lower wages that men.unknown-phenom

Just because there's a trend doesn't mean there's racism or sexism. The chances that men are simply better in the workplace is just as probable as employers paying men more out of sexism.

leegar88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 leegar88
[QUOTE="leegar88"][QUOTE="FPSGunnerDude"][QUOTE="leegar88"][QUOTE="FPSGunnerDude"]

So, you agree that there are certian trends in media. It seems worse to deny that they exist and bury your head in the sand. Like thetrend in media for blacks to be depicted and depict themselves as bullys organgsters or embracing a criminal culture on stations like Black Entertainment Telelvision, Mind of Mencia, or Dave Chapelle. Whichare very "uncool" trends as well. Are we supposed to deny that this exists or other movies and media going out of their way to depict black as good and white as bad? If we don't discuss and admit it exists, then how can we change thing for the better?

It doesn't really matter if a black actor decides to play a gangster let him, anyone with half a brain should know that all black people are not like that and also people of any race can be in a gang. Also it doesn't matter if the white guy is the bad guy anyone of any race can be bad. When people write movies or stories and create charachters it isn't really about race most of the time(unless the story is like to kill a mocking bird, American history Xor scarface where the story revolves around a racial issue). Just like in the movie "traing day" they might not have planned to make the bad guy black they might not have had a set race for the charachter. But they figured denzel washington was the best actor for that role so they gave it to him, not because of race but because of his acting skill(like they are suppose to) they could have just as easily gave a white guy the part.

nbtrap1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 nbtrap1212
Member since 2005 • 1525 Posts

I disagree with the original post because I am not convinced that the ads are intended to make whites look stupid. I do, however, think it is very America-like and overly politically correct that blacks and other minorities make up a large portion of all people in TV ads when, in reality, the proportion is much less. It really does seem like people are afraid to offend minorities.
o_sausage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#135 o_sausage
Member since 2006 • 5919 Posts
Infact, I've noticed an incredible increase in the appearance of blacks in ads period. They make up only 5% of the US population yet account for around 40-50% of commercials. And trust me, every race that is in an ad is CAREFULLY thought out and there for a reason.VetteMan85
And if you look at TV shows and most movies. There's almost always 1 person from every race presented. It's even happening in games look at Gears of War the 3 major races are in there There's the white guy, the asian guy, and the black guy. Most movies and games have atleast 1 person from those races presented (there are some exceptions)
1ND1FF3R3NT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 1ND1FF3R3NT
Member since 2006 • 3162 Posts
Thank you so much for making this thread...it's so true, and I'm sick of seeing it also.
rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 rimnet00
Member since 2003 • 11003 Posts
Wow, this thread made my day. I think you just proved you fit your own madeup stereotype.
1ND1FF3R3NT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 1ND1FF3R3NT
Member since 2006 • 3162 Posts

I would also like to mention a couple of facts, to add to what everyone else has said.

Blacks are imprisoned 9.1 times more than whites in America.

In the past 25 years, there have been more than 1 millionwhites in Americamurdered or raped by blacks.

In the past 25 years there have only been 132,000 blacks raped or killed by whites.

The leading cause of death for black males under 30 is murder.

In the 1990's, blacks committed 11.4 times more homicides than whites did.

The smallest difference in the black to white imprisonment ratio is 3 to 1. That'sin Hawaii.

The next lowest ratio is 6 to 1 throughout ten of the southern states. The highest is in D.C., where blacks are imprisoned 56 times more than whites.

http://www.isteve.com/Crime_Imprisonment_Rates_by_Race.htm

http://www.isteve.com/crime_imprisonment_data_by_state_by_race.htm

Interpret this how you will. If you think they are false, check the links. If you're going to say it's because they are impoverished, spare me...that's BS, everyone has a choice.I only gave a few statistics, but I could have had a field day. There are so many more.

leegar88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 leegar88

I would also like to mention a couple of facts, to add to what everyone else has said.

In the past 25 years, there have been more than 1 millionwhites in Americamurdered or raped by blacks.

In the past 25 years there have only been 132,000 blacks raped or killed by whites.

The smallest difference in the black to white imprisonment ratio is 3 to 1. That'sin Hawaii.

The next lowest ratio is 6 to 1 throughout ten of the southern states. The highest is in D.C., where blacks are imprisoned 56 times more than whites.

Interpret this how you will. If you think they are false, check the links. If you're going to say it's because they are impoverished, spare me...that's BS, everyone has a choice.I only gave a few statistics, but I could have had a field day. There are so many more.

1ND1FF3R3NT

Are you trying to say blacks are inferior.

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#141 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts

[QUOTE="Funkyhamster"]Yeah, it is racism. But the reason African Americans and other minorities are untouchable right now is because of the horror of the past few centuries...Laymsp0t

big deal, other people have gone through it, including whites. They didnt experience it either. Maybe instead of sobbing they can forget about it and move on with their lives and do something productive... for once

Exactly, I'm Catholic and we've been persecuted for thousands of years, including as late as the 20th century. Every group/race/religion/gender/etc. has been persecuted, as well as done their share of persecuting. There is still no excuse for what's happening.
BraindeadRacr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#142 BraindeadRacr
Member since 2006 • 2676 Posts

Simple :

1. If white people were to make a commercial where the black guy is the stupid/dork/freak/addict/ignorant one, it would be racism.

I'm not being a racist, I'm just adding to the discussion with my humble opinion, I've seen this a lot, and some of my friends are black and they agree.

libthegod
/Topic. Hail him.
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 murlow12
It is sad that even today when people like the TC watch commercials they immediatly make race an issue.leegar88
Believe me, this isn't an "immediate" observation. I slowly noticed it over the last couple years, and I finally decided to make a topic about it. You would have read this topic several years ago if I immediately made it the first time a black guy was portrayed as a genius at the expense of a white guy.
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 murlow12

1ND1FF3R3NT

Those are very revealing statistics. Sometimes the truth hurts, and the odds that are the topic of this thread definitely don't represent the truth.

slimdog363

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 slimdog363
Member since 2007 • 210 Posts
does it really matter? not to sound corney, but arn't we all the same?
schoeffmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#146 schoeffmaster
Member since 2005 • 10674 Posts
My thoughts on TC's post. They are trying to show customers that they dont judge race. They are also trying to show that they are very helpful and knowledgable at what they do. You need a dumb guy so the audience understands what the commerical is saying...Also, they dont have the money to throw around to hire actors. I bet that most of those people in the commerical's are actual employees that have decided that they want a little extra money to appear in a commerical. Now for the beer one...I dont think i have seen it...but i dont like dancing...to me, if you like it, your either gay a girl, have to do it to get out of a situation, or you want to score points with a woman....
YPRikku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 YPRikku
Member since 2004 • 2232 Posts
you should get out more I've never seen any of these commericals..
schoeffmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 schoeffmaster
Member since 2005 • 10674 Posts
Heck, I dont even think i have seen these comericals...
Bill900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Bill900
Member since 2007 • 4530 Posts

I'm not sayin I haven't noticed this too but isn't it more unracist or sexist or whatever to just not pay attention to what color/gender the people are so it really doesn't matter

I see your point and acknowledge there is a trend though

...I blame political correctness

Whicker89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Whicker89
Member since 2004 • 18919 Posts
I effing hate all the pro-women ads making men look either stupid or undeserving