I'm so sick of reverse racism in commercials

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Atrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Atrus
Member since 2002 • 10422 Posts

I don't actively watch commercials with an agenda of judging and internalizing them for motives other than to sell a product. I think it speaks more of your own personal insecurities about race as an issue than it does the commercial. I don't doubt that because of it, you'll also tend to bleed race into other issues which are primarily orthagonal to race in particular.

Trying to appear to approach all demographics doesn't make it racist in particular. If there is a role of a rube to be played in a commercial then it has to be played by someone, and thus the greatest likelihood of that persons race is likely based on their majority in the populace.

Hence in a predominantly caucasian society, being entirely equitable, you will find more caucasians in all roles overall. I'd like to also point out that there is no such thing as 'Reverse Racism' just racism, and race-baiters like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are just as guilty of racism as those they accuse.

While there are legitimate issues with anti-caucasian racism, this topic is simple paranoia.

plague32390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#152 plague32390
Member since 2003 • 1765 Posts
What are these "commercials" you speak of?
Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#153 Pro_wrestler
Member since 2002 • 7880 Posts

Like how every broadcast station has shows that dominately cater to the white audience? I can only name 1 that even shows interest in the black community of america, BET! This channel isn't even ran by a black person, she is mixed..Its a huge stereotype but to have people complain about this in a country whos influenced most by white community and decisions is ridiculous...

Hell, even the hispanics have a bigger footing on what is shown on TV that caters to them..because they have to, some can't speak/understand english. Im not exactly sure where you coming from but try looking at it from a different aspect kthxbye.

MronoC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#154 MronoC
Member since 2005 • 4113 Posts
I honestly don't care, nor do I see why anyone should, there just commercials
Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#155 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts
I think the "where you at?" commercials ruin your theory.
yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 yoshi-lnex
Member since 2007 • 5442 Posts
Is this a joke?

I kinda hope it is, if you look everywhere for racism, sooner or later you will see it, whether it's there or not.
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#157 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21647 Posts
I'm tired of racial profiling all together, not just commercials. Music, Movies, and T.V shows are all in the mix. I wish everyone will just look at each other as human beings and move on. I'm black and thats another thing I hate about social studies, it goes back to the past of slavery, which in my opinion, keeps this racial non-sense alive. I feel if we just leave the past behind, everything would be as it should be....
EvanSkanes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 EvanSkanes
Member since 2004 • 10942 Posts
But imagine how much the minorities would argue if they were the ones being portrayed like that nowadays.
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#159 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts
I think the "where you at?" commercials ruin your theory.Darthmatt
I'm not sure which commercials you're referring to. Care to elaborate?
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 murlow12
Trying to appear to approach all demographics doesn't make it racist in particular. If there is a role of a rube to be played in a commercial then it has to be played by someone, and thus the greatest likelihood of that persons race is likely based on their majority in the populace.

Hence in a predominantly caucasian society, being entirely equitable, you will find more caucasians in all roles overall. I'd like to also point out that there is no such thing as 'Reverse Racism' just racism, and race-baiters like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are just as guilty of racism as those they accuse.

While there are legitimate issues with anti-caucasian racism, this topic is simple paranoia.

Atrus

Your statement falls short in several ways. While I agree that in a predominantly caucasian society there SHOULD be more caucasians in all roles, that simply isn't the case. Caucasians are overwhelmingly being portayed as inferior, while making minorities look superior in the same ads. Blacks only make up 10% of the population, so based on your theory they should only make up approximately 10% of these ads. That isn't the case. Nearly every commercial contains a black person, and usually that person is portrayed assuperior. I have no problem with black people being in commercials, my problem lies in the way they are portrayed in relation to white people. It just isn't realistic, and frankly it's completely unacceptable. If someone has to look like an idiot in a commercial, why not cast the superior person as the same race? Sounds simple to me.

I know many people on this thread would like to call me a racist, as you have implied, but that just isn't the case. I grew up in an area of southern California where I was the minority, which I dont' have a problem with. I now live in San Diego, one of the most racially diverse places you can find. I take no issue with any race, but one of the biggest problems is that people like you deny that this problem even exists. As long as everyone keeps looking the other way when white men are humiliated, racism will continue to exist. All these commercials do is anger white men--as you can see from the responses in this thread--which in itself breeds further racism.

LiquidZ08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#161 LiquidZ08
Member since 2004 • 8820 Posts
There's no such thing as reverse racism. funnymario
Indeed  .
sca321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 sca321
Member since 2003 • 1903 Posts
[QUOTE="FPSGunnerDude"][QUOTE="leegar88"][QUOTE="FPSGunnerDude"][QUOTE="leegar88"][QUOTE="FPSGunnerDude"]

[QUOTE="bdmckinley"][QUOTE="FPSGunnerDude"]How about all of the buddy cop movies where they depict the white as the old, bad, nerdy, corrupt or crazy cop and the black is depicted as the good cop: Beverly hills cop, Lethal weapon, Rush hour (with an asian), money talks, 48 hours, Men In Black, national security and many more. If a black guy is in a movie, he is always depicted as the good guy and the white as corrupt.leegar88

you forgot "Training Day"....oh wait...

That's what was so shocking and good about Training Day. They actually had the guts to depict the black cop as the bad one.

Why is it so special that they had a black main bad guy. I don't get why some people are always concerned about race.

We're just noticing certain trends in advertising and moviesthat are real. If they weren't real trends, then we wouldn't notice them. Are we supposed to deny that the trends exist?

I know that there are certain trends but it seems like a few of you are overly concerned with race. In the OP he just listed a few commercials that happened to have a black guy appear smarter then a white guy. I don't understand why it was such a big problem I have seen commercials where it was the the other way around, and most of his points were just him overanalysing things.I just think we have come to far in sciety for people to worry about race like that.

So, you agree that there are certian trends in media. It seems worse to deny that they exist and bury your head in the sand. Like thetrend in media for blacks to be depicted and depict themselves as bullys organgsters or embracing a criminal culture on stations like Black Entertainment Telelvision, Mind of Mencia, or Dave Chapelle. Whichare very "uncool" trends as well. Are we supposed to deny that this exists or other movies and media going out of their way to depict black as good and white as bad? If we don't discuss and admit it exists, then how can we change thing for the better?

It doesn't really matter if a black actor decides to play a gangster let him, anyone with half a brain should know that all black people are not like that and also people of any race can be in a gang. Also it doesn't matter if the white guy is the bad guy anyone of any race can be bad. When people write movies or stories and create charachters it isn't really about race most of the time(unless the story is like to kill a mocking bird, American history Xor scarface where the story revolves around a racial issue). Just like in the movie "traing day" they might not have planned to make the bad guy black they might not have had a set race for the charachter. But they figured denzel washington was the best actor for that role so they gave it to him, not because of race but because of his acting skill(like they are suppose to) they could have just as easily gave a white guy the part.

Bruce Willis, Gary Sinese, and Tom Sizemore were offered the role of Alonzo but passed. (From IMDB)

Yagami-Iori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#163 Yagami-Iori
Member since 2003 • 6327 Posts

I don't ever really see much racism in commercials, I see a lot more blatent sexism in ads. But it's mostly for products playing for the gender they are really marketing for (women).

Like ever see any Glade air freshner commercials? The guys in them are always playing morons that can't seem to understand the sense of smell that it may stink in here. Or think that the best way to get fragrence through the room is sitting there with a paper fan WAVING IT in fron of the wall freshner. Even the cat is smarter than the guys in those ads!

leegar88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 leegar88
Member since 2006 • 5307 Posts
[QUOTE="leegar88"][QUOTE="FPSGunnerDude"][QUOTE="leegar88"][QUOTE="FPSGunnerDude"][QUOTE="leegar88"][QUOTE="FPSGunnerDude"]

[QUOTE="bdmckinley"][QUOTE="FPSGunnerDude"]How about all of the buddy cop movies where they depict the white as the old, bad, nerdy, corrupt or crazy cop and the black is depicted as the good cop: Beverly hills cop, Lethal weapon, Rush hour (with an asian), money talks, 48 hours, Men In Black, national security and many more. If a black guy is in a movie, he is always depicted as the good guy and the white as corrupt.sca321

you forgot "Training Day"....oh wait...

That's what was so shocking and good about Training Day. They actually had the guts to depict the black cop as the bad one.

Why is it so special that they had a black main bad guy. I don't get why some people are always concerned about race.

We're just noticing certain trends in advertising and moviesthat are real. If they weren't real trends, then we wouldn't notice them. Are we supposed to deny that the trends exist?

I know that there are certain trends but it seems like a few of you are overly concerned with race. In the OP he just listed a few commercials that happened to have a black guy appear smarter then a white guy. I don't understand why it was such a big problem I have seen commercials where it was the the other way around, and most of his points were just him overanalysing things.I just think we have come to far in sciety for people to worry about race like that.

So, you agree that there are certian trends in media. It seems worse to deny that they exist and bury your head in the sand. Like thetrend in media for blacks to be depicted and depict themselves as bullys organgsters or embracing a criminal culture on stations like Black Entertainment Telelvision, Mind of Mencia, or Dave Chapelle. Whichare very "uncool" trends as well. Are we supposed to deny that this exists or other movies and media going out of their way to depict black as good and white as bad? If we don't discuss and admit it exists, then how can we change thing for the better?

It doesn't really matter if a black actor decides to play a gangster let him, anyone with half a brain should know that all black people are not like that and also people of any race can be in a gang. Also it doesn't matter if the white guy is the bad guy anyone of any race can be bad. When people write movies or stories and create charachters it isn't really about race most of the time(unless the story is like to kill a mocking bird, American history Xor scarface where the story revolves around a racial issue). Just like in the movie "traing day" they might not have planned to make the bad guy black they might not have had a set race for the charachter. But they figured denzel washington was the best actor for that role so they gave it to him, not because of race but because of his acting skill(like they are suppose to) they could have just as easily gave a white guy the part.

Bruce Willis, Gary Sinese, and Tom Sizemore were offered the role of Alonzo but passed. (From IMDB)

Hmm the last two guys should have took it because I think this is the first i've heard of them.

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

Just out of curiosity, what part of the country do you live in?

buxboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 buxboy
Member since 2004 • 6940 Posts
Don't worry, I also notice this in a lot of commercials. It makes me mad but I'm not about to change it.
xArticulus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 xArticulus
Member since 2006 • 351 Posts

lol, ahahhahaha, you crazy people make me laugh :)

hundreds of years of slavery and you complain when an advertisment is made =)

and the advertisments in question, which, may i add, was probably made by a white guy.:roll:

vidplayer8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#168 vidplayer8
Member since 2006 • 18549 Posts

What is reverse racism?

i thought racism was the discrimination of any race.

helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#169 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts

While i agree that reverse racism is growing on TV, there are still commercials where the black guy looks dumb and the white guy is supreme.

However, would you prefer that the white guy in all those commercials be the smarter one, and the dumb one be the black person? Or you would prefer that there only be one race in all of those commercials so there can't be any issue of racism.

Someone in those commercials had to be the dumb one, and there are examples of all races getting put down. HOWEVER, if you said reverse sexism, i would COMPLETELY agree on how women Aare ALWAYS smarter than men in commercials.

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

I hate white supremists.

EDIT: Actually, I hate racial supremists of any kind.

Avatar image for metallica_fan42
metallica_fan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#171 metallica_fan42
Member since 2006 • 21143 Posts
I seriously couldn't care less. It's a friggin commercial, get over it:|
aRE-you-AFraid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 aRE-you-AFraid
Member since 2006 • 3234 Posts
Dude, I'm white and none of those things offend me. I think we live in an age when racism is no longer a forfront issue. To me, those things are funny. It's like the Chappelle show, he makes fun of all races, and it's all funny. Don't take life so seriously, if you do, you won't enjoy it.
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 murlow12

What is reverse racism?

vidplayer8
While I don't necessarily agree with the term, I used it in the topic title simply to point out that I was talking about racism towards whites. The term is somewhated outdated, but it is still used by many people
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 murlow12

I hate white supremists.

Shad0ki11
Really?Do you know any?
GettingTired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 GettingTired
Member since 2006 • 5994 Posts
Yep. Because for minorities it's socially acceptable for them to be racist. After all you always here "White people" this and "White people" that. It's rather annoying.
GettingTired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 GettingTired
Member since 2006 • 5994 Posts

I would also like to mention a couple of facts, to add to what everyone else has said.

Blacks are imprisoned 9.1 times more than whites in America.

In the past 25 years, there have been more than 1 millionwhites in Americamurdered or raped by blacks.

In the past 25 years there have only been 132,000 blacks raped or killed by whites.

The leading cause of death for black males under 30 is murder.

In the 1990's, blacks committed 11.4 times more homicides than whites did.

The smallest difference in the black to white imprisonment ratio is 3 to 1. That'sin Hawaii.

The next lowest ratio is 6 to 1 throughout ten of the southern states. The highest is in D.C., where blacks are imprisoned 56 times more than whites.

http://www.isteve.com/Crime_Imprisonment_Rates_by_Race.htm

http://www.isteve.com/crime_imprisonment_data_by_state_by_race.htm

Interpret this how you will. If you think they are false, check the links. If you're going to say it's because they are impoverished, spare me...that's BS, everyone has a choice.I only gave a few statistics, but I could have had a field day. There are so many more.

1ND1FF3R3NT

*Waits for someone to accuse numbers of being racist*

crowleyjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#177 crowleyjohn
Member since 2007 • 724 Posts

Ever see the new MacDonalds commercials? Their marketing campaign is targetting urban minorities and low income singles. It's the most blatant campaign of that nature i've ever seen.

Bah dah dah dah dah, "I'm hatin' it".

It's embarassing.

There's all kinds of racism, subtle and blatant. Everyone's guilty is the point no one race is innocent.

Elraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Elraptor
Member since 2004 • 30966 Posts
White men have no voice? They almost rule the Western world and a lot more besides.
bc1391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 bc1391
Member since 2004 • 11906 Posts
Ok, the fact that you immediately thought of racism when you saw these commercials show you are way to sensitive. ITS A COMMERCIAL!
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts

[QUOTE="VetteMan85"]Infact, I've noticed an incredible increase in the appearance of blacks in ads period. They make up only 5% of the US population yet account for around 40-50% of commercials. And trust me, every race that is in an ad is CAREFULLY thought out and there for a reason.o_sausage
And if you look at TV shows and most movies. There's almost always 1 person from every race presented. It's even happening in games look at Gears of War the 3 major races are in there There's the white guy, the asian guy, and the black guy. Most movies and games have atleast 1 person from those races presented (there are some exceptions)

FF

dreamdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 dreamdude
Member since 2006 • 4627 Posts
[QUOTE="1ND1FF3R3NT"]

I would also like to mention a couple of facts, to add to what everyone else has said.

In the past 25 years, there have been more than 1 millionwhites in Americamurdered or raped by blacks.

In the past 25 years there have only been 132,000 blacks raped or killed by whites.

The smallest difference in the black to white imprisonment ratio is 3 to 1. That'sin Hawaii.

The next lowest ratio is 6 to 1 throughout ten of the southern states. The highest is in D.C., where blacks are imprisoned 56 times more than whites.

Interpret this how you will. If you think they are false, check the links. If you're going to say it's because they are impoverished, spare me...that's BS, everyone has a choice.I only gave a few statistics, but I could have had a field day. There are so many more.

GettingTired

*Waits for someone to accuse numbers of being racist*

Reads post and is about to type a accusing reply, but chokes and dies instead.

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
anyone remember this commercial? http://youtube.com/watch?v=03HM2Ho1kUc I for one thought it was funny,but the TC might see this as a problem. I really dont see the point about this race issue. ITS A COMMERCIAL. So what if in the Homedepot commercial the manager is black and whatever examples you brought up. It shouldnt have been thought up so hard to the point you create this thread.
bc1391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 bc1391
Member since 2004 • 11906 Posts
anyone remember this commercial? http://youtube.com/watch?v=03HM2Ho1kUc I for one thought it was funny,but the TC might see this as a problem. I really dont see the point about this race issue. ITS A COMMERCIAL. So what if in the Homedepot commercial the manager is black and whatever examples you brought up. It shouldnt have been thought up so hard to the point you create this thread.Tjeremiah1988
:lol: thats great
Squidward117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#184 Squidward117
Member since 2005 • 4374 Posts
We still handle the money.
EricW_75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 EricW_75
Member since 2006 • 143 Posts

For the last few years the trend has been to make a white guy look like a total moron, while at the same time making a black guy (or other minority or woman) look like a genius. This is just another example of reverse racism being acceptable in our society, and the white male having no voice. Before you scream "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?", take a look at these examples (I will continue to update this thread with new examples throughout the discussion):

1. Motel 6--Two sports announcers are talking about the motel. White guy is a total caffeine freak and black guy takes the cup ofcoffee from him.

2. Honda--white and black guy talking about how much they love their Civics. The white guy says things like "my Civic is cool. It's really fast!" The black guy says things like "it gets 30 miles to the gallon and has anti-lock brakes." In other words, the black guy is "in the know" while the white guy is a moron.

3. Southwest Airlines--white guy sitting next to a young black kid on a plane. White guy is perplexed by all the charges for amenities. After white guy fumbles around like an idiot for quite awhile, black kid says "is this your first flight?"

4. Avis Rental Car--black guy comes up to the counter and opens his mouth and music comes out. White guy is clueless and dumbfounded, and woman says she'll handle it, and her and black guy proceed to have a "conversation" in music.

5. Home Depot--black guy asks white worker several questions about Home Depot and its products. After white guy answers all the questions correctly, black guy puts on his vest to show that he is white guy's manager. It turns out black guy was quizzing white guy to make sure that he wouldn't screw up when dealing with customers. Black guy is very pleased that dumb white guy managed to get the questions right.

6. Cingular Wireless--every commercial has a dumb white guy and an intelligent asian guy.

7. Red Stripe beer--I almost forgot the worst offender. "Red Stripe--helping white people dance since..." Doesn't get more blatant than that. How about "Red Stripe-helping black people learn to swim since...?" Of course that one wouldn't fly. How can Red Stripe get away with these commercials?

I'm not just imagining this, because it seems like every commercial break there is another example. I am completely offended, but it doesn't seem like anyone cares. I think the reason this is so prevalent right now is because any other race/gender would speak out against that kind of portrayal on TV. White men are the only group with no voice, so it is "safe" to put them down over and over again. Your thoughts?

murlow12

They do this to make all the people think better of themselves infact its usually black people who make these commercials I'm not racist but if we let them in our country they could be nicer to us. Not being racist because im friends with black people in factmost i know are really smart.

cool_baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 cool_baller
Member since 2003 • 12493 Posts
What about the Burger King commerical where the black man chooses Black Spidey?
compaq345682

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 compaq345682
Member since 2004 • 6326 Posts

What about the Burger King commerical where the black man chooses Black Spidey?cool_baller

Dont forget that king who is obviously a racist parody of the white man and mocks many Europeans descendants!:roll:

pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 pianist
Member since 2003 • 18900 Posts
People's feathers get ruffled so easily it seems. Whine, whine, whine. If you get offended by the 'racism' you see in television commercials, perhaps you should just refrain from watching television commercials. I'm a white guy, and frankly, I could care less if white guys are portrayed as idiots on TV by comparison to women or black people. Really, does it affect me at all? Does it pertain to who I am? No. So stop whining about something that doesn't matter at all. This goes to ALL the people who complain about stupid things, from staunch atheists who complain that other people's kids are allowed to pray in school to hardcore feminists who say that Family Guy is degrading because Lois is treated badly to minorities who claim that a company is racist because a qualified white person was hired instead of an underqualified minority candidate.
Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Def_Jef88
Member since 2006 • 17441 Posts
[QUOTE="murlow12"]

For the last few years the trend has been to make a white guy look like a total moron, while at the same time making a black guy (or other minority or woman) look like a genius. This is just another example of reverse racism being acceptable in our society, and the white male having no voice. Before you scream "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?", take a look at these examples (I will continue to update this thread with new examples throughout the discussion):

1. Motel 6--Two sports announcers are talking about the motel. White guy is a total caffeine freak and black guy takes the cup ofcoffee from him.

2. Honda--white and black guy talking about how much they love their Civics. The white guy says things like "my Civic is cool. It's really fast!" The black guy says things like "it gets 30 miles to the gallon and has anti-lock brakes." In other words, the black guy is "in the know" while the white guy is a moron.

3. Southwest Airlines--white guy sitting next to a young black kid on a plane. White guy is perplexed by all the charges for amenities. After white guy fumbles around like an idiot for quite awhile, black kid says "is this your first flight?"

4. Avis Rental Car--black guy comes up to the counter and opens his mouth and music comes out. White guy is clueless and dumbfounded, and woman says she'll handle it, and her and black guy proceed to have a "conversation" in music.

5. Home Depot--black guy asks white worker several questions about Home Depot and its products. After white guy answers all the questions correctly, black guy puts on his vest to show that he is white guy's manager. It turns out black guy was quizzing white guy to make sure that he wouldn't screw up when dealing with customers. Black guy is very pleased that dumb white guy managed to get the questions right.

6. Cingular Wireless--every commercial has a dumb white guy and an intelligent asian guy.

7. Red Stripe beer--I almost forgot the worst offender. "Red Stripe--helping white people dance since..." Doesn't get more blatant than that. How about "Red Stripe-helping black people learn to swim since...?" Of course that one wouldn't fly. How can Red Stripe get away with these commercials?

I'm not just imagining this, because it seems like every commercial break there is another example. I am completely offended, but it doesn't seem like anyone cares. I think the reason this is so prevalent right now is because any other race/gender would speak out against that kind of portrayal on TV. White men are the only group with no voice, so it is "safe" to put them down over and over again. Your thoughts?

EricW_75

They do this to make all the people think better of themselves infact its usually black people who make these commercials I'm not racist but if we let them in our country they could be nicer to us. Not being racist because im friends with black people in factmost i know are really smart.

Our country? Black is a race, not a nationality. And neither is caucasian.... :|
videogamer456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 videogamer456
Member since 2005 • 13282 Posts
Murlow-- You make good threads on GS, but I think you are reaching here.
-Sora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 -Sora
Member since 2004 • 15152 Posts
thereare moresexist commercials than racist
leegar88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 leegar88
Member since 2006 • 5307 Posts

People's feathers get ruffled so easily it seems. Whine, whine, whine. If you get offended by the 'racism' you see in television commercials, perhaps you should just refrain from watching television commercials. I'm a white guy, and frankly, I could care less if white guys are portrayed as idiots on TV by comparison to women or black people. Really, does it affect me at all? Does it pertain to who I am? No. So stop whining about something that doesn't matter at all. This goes to ALL the people who complain about stupid things, from staunch atheists who complain that other people's kids are allowed to pray in school to hardcore feminists who say that Family Guy is degrading because Lois is treated badly to minorities who claim that a company is racist because a qualified white person was hired instead of an underqualified minority candidate.pianist

Agreed, also I don't even see anything racist about those commercials.

EricW_75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 EricW_75
Member since 2006 • 143 Posts
[QUOTE="EricW_75"][QUOTE="murlow12"]

Def_Jef88

Our country? Black is a race, not a nationality. And neither is caucasian.... :|

sorry shouldnt have said that. i apologize to everone.

vidplayer8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#195 vidplayer8
Member since 2006 • 18549 Posts
[QUOTE="vidplayer8"]

What is reverse racism?

murlow12

While I don't necessarily agree with the term, I used it in the topic title simply to point out that I was talking about racism towards whites. The term is somewhated outdated, but it is still used by many people

yeah, i was just saying, i don't like that term either.

MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 MattUD1
Member since 2004 • 20715 Posts
Wait... so are you saying that there is no such thing as a stupid white guy or a smart black guy? That's the jist I'm getting. Just because the black dude is smart doesn't mean anything. The Civic commercial, for example; the guy obviously read up on the car while the white guy got it because it was cool.
Shadow2k6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#198 Shadow2k6
Member since 2005 • 2283 Posts

What are you trying to say all white people are smart and all minorities are stupid? I wonder how smart I am since i'm both a white and a minority since the Topic Starter thinks race has anything to do with how smart someone is.

Who cares if commercials make white people look dumb. I'm 50% white and I could care less.

Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#199 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts
I'm just sick of being last in line for alot of good jobs because I'm white. Alot of the jobs that interest me specifically say that visual minorities will be given priority.
I don't blame anyone outside of the companies I'm applying at for these racist requirements. I have no problem with other races.
Disturbed_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Disturbed_Dude
Member since 2004 • 3777 Posts
[QUOTE="1ND1FF3R3NT"]

Compare how many blacks are in poverty to whites. Poverty has almost direct relation to crimes, not race.

These two statisitcs are a little misleading. Look at the populations of each race, and then look at my first point.

GettingTired

Look where blacks were just 40 years ago, and tell me straight up that blacks still don't feel the side effects of living as second cla$$ citizens. You can throw statistics all you want...the fact remains that overall blacks have it harder than whites getting somewhere in life due to living in poverous conditions that whites created in the past. Not saying that if you live in the ghetto you have no choice, because you do...but I'll be damned its a hell of a lot harder to get anywhere then living in a subarbian area with good schools with a good education then in a ghetto of America that all races have to deal with.