For the last few years the trend has been to make a white guy look like a total moron, while at the same time making a black guy (or other minority or woman) look like a genius. This is just another example of reverse racism being acceptable in our society, and the white male having no voice. Before you scream "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?", take a look at these examples (I will continue to update this thread with new examples throughout the discussion):
1. Motel 6--Two sports announcers are talking about the motel. White guy is a total caffeine freak and black guy takes the cup ofcoffee from him.
2. Honda--white and black guy talking about how much they love their Civics. The white guy says things like "my Civic is cool. It's really fast!" The black guy says things like "it gets 30 miles to the gallon and has anti-lock brakes." In other words, the black guy is "in the know" while the white guy is a moron.
3. Southwest Airlines--white guy sitting next to a young black kid on a plane. White guy is perplexed by all the charges for amenities. After white guy fumbles around like an idiot for quite awhile, black kid says "is this your first flight?"
4. Avis Rental Car--black guy comes up to the counter and opens his mouth and music comes out. White guy is clueless and dumbfounded, and woman says she'll handle it, and her and black guy proceed to have a "conversation" in music.
5. Home Depot--black guy asks white worker several questions about Home Depot and its products. After white guy answers all the questions correctly, black guy puts on his vest to show that he is white guy's manager. It turns out black guy was quizzing white guy to make sure that he wouldn't screw up when dealing with customers. Black guy is very pleased that dumb white guy managed to get the questions right.
6. Cingular Wireless--every commercial has a dumb white guy and an intelligent asian guy.
7. Red Stripe beer--I almost forgot the worst offender. "Red Stripe--helping white people dance since..." Doesn't get more blatant than that. How about "Red Stripe-helping black people learn to swim since...?" Of course that one wouldn't fly. How can Red Stripe get away with these commercials?
8. Blockbuster--White woman has Blockbuster Total Access, black man has Netflix. Fat, disgusting, idiotic white man walks up and tells them both the endings to every movie. The white guy is such a moron!
I'm not just imagining this, because it seems like every commercial break there is another example. I am completely offended, but it doesn't seem like anyone cares. I think the reason this is so prevalent right now is because any other race/gender would speak out against that kind of portrayal on TV. White men are the only group with no voice, so it is "safe" to put them down over and over again. Your thoughts?