Horses could soon be slaughtered again for food in the U.S.

• 161 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Frame_Dragger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Frame_Dragger
Member since 2009 • 9581 Posts

[QUOTE="topsemag55"] Jazz, dogs are a delicacy in some overseas countries. I have had to politely refuse it when it was offered.jun_aka_pekto

Not me. (visited the Philippines too) I didn't refuse it. Of course, I already had 24 beers in me by then.

Spam is a delicacy in the Phillipines... not sure if that's much of a barometer for meats.

MissLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#152 MissLibrarian
Member since 2008 • 9589 Posts
Kinda difficult to do when you've had a dog as a family pet most of your life.topsemag55
I've eaten dog before despite having dogs as pets back home. I don't get that whole 'Oh I have pets' so I can't eat this - the food on your plate isn't your pet from home *scratches head* I have also tried ostrich, crocodile, snake and shark.
Avatar image for deactivated-597bb01c846a2
deactivated-597bb01c846a2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#153 deactivated-597bb01c846a2
Member since 2011 • 1495 Posts
[QUOTE="Diophage"]I'm so hungry I could eat a horse right about now.Just-Breathe
Have you ever started to eat a horse and then realised that you weren't that hungry after all?

Nope. Can't say I have.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#154 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

[QUOTE="topsemag55"]Kinda difficult to do when you've had a dog as a family pet most of your life.MissLibrarian
I've eaten dog before despite having dogs as pets back home. I don't get that whole 'Oh I have pets' so I can't eat this - the food on your plate isn't your pet from home *scratches head* I have also tried ostrich, crocodile, snake and shark.

did you serve some time downunder?

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

I've eaten dog before despite having dogs as pets back home. MissLibrarian

What did you think of it ? Is it any good ?
I've always wondered what it would taste like.

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#156 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts
[QUOTE="MissLibrarian"] I've eaten dog before despite having dogs as pets back home. I don't get that whole 'Oh I have pets' so I can't eat this - the food on your plate isn't your pet from home *scratches head* I have also tried ostrich, crocodile, snake and shark.

It was the strangest thing, I'm at a party, the plate was offered and they were kind enough to tell me what it was. I wasn't even thinking about my dog, but when I was told what the meat was, a picture of my dog's loyal face popped into my mind. The only different meat I've tried is BBQ bear, and it was good.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
i would totally eat my dog she looks tasty
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

dogs is 15, and does not have much meat left on him, but he would make good bear bait, if needed.

linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts

truthfully i cant say id ever eat horse because it just ddoesnt appeal to me, but its extremely sad that this would cause a contreversy, people need to stop complaining about everything and just enjoy life for what it is and stop trying to change things that they have no control over

MissLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 MissLibrarian
Member since 2008 • 9589 Posts

did you served some time downunder?surrealnumber5

Sadly not otherwise I probably could have chalked up kangaroo and koala too :(
What did you think of it ? Is it any good ?
I've always wondered what it would taste like.Sagem28

I definitely didn't dislike it, but I can't remember the taste now really, I was 15 at the time so it was a while ago. I do recollect it was a bit more like beef when for some reason I thought it'd be more like chicken (texture etc.).
I wasn't even thinking about my dog, but when I was told what the meat was, a picture of my dog's loyal face popped into my mind. The only different meat I've tried is BBQ bear, and it was good.topsemag55

Eh I guess I can kinda understand, when you associate the food on your plate with a living animal it can suddenly be quite hard to swallow, but I am rather sadistic in that way (I have happily eaten bacon rolls while watching pigs frolic at a farming shows and such). Definitely would like to try bear.

Seraphy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Seraphy-
Member since 2011 • 1562 Posts
I don't think I could eat dog well I guess it'd depend on the breed[QUOTE="Jandurin"]i would totally eat my dog she looks tasty

gross good thing farg isn't here to read all of this or else he might get ideas during one of his episodes of drunken spooning