Fast food burgers taste so much better

• 109 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

You have to have good meat to get good burgers.  I get burger patties from a local high end meat market and cook them on the stove, covered.  They end up being really juicy, but not bloody.  If you add extras like lettuce, tomato, onion, pickel, ketchup, mustard and mayonainnes then it becomes the best burger.  Mcdonalds and Burger king and whatnot are all ok, i just feel like they cover up the flavor of the extras with the sauces they add on it.  There needs to be just the right amount of everything to make the perfect burger.

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts
Only if you can't cook or only use crappy meat... My burgers marinaded, seasoned, and perfectly cooked trumps any fast food place...
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#103 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

If you think they taste better it's probably because you've gotten yourself a small addiction to high fructose corn syrup. Big fast food chains load everything up with it because it's slightly addicting. 

This is also why a lot of people crave processed foods over natural foods.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

If you think they taste better it's probably because you've gotten yourself a small addiction to high fructose corn syrup. Big fast food chains load everything up with it because it's slightly addicting. 

Wasdie

yeah that crap is hard to avoid.

There is a specific brand off apple juice I buy that doesn't have hfsc in it. It costs about $1.50 more though. 

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Serraph105

There is a specific brand off apple juice I buy that doesn't have hfsc in it. It costs about $1.50 more though. 

Take away an ingredient...charge more. I love it :P

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#106 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

I think fast food burgers taste so much better than a traditional burger. At Carl Jr's or Mcdonalds they make the best burgers I think. White Castle is also good. Do you like fast food burgers better than a traditional burger?

Its just that signature smell, taste, and texture you dont get out of a traditional burger. I avoid non fast food burgers at all costs. Like last night I made sloppy joes while everyone else ate hamburgers.

slipknot0129

So  that's  why you bought an Alienware.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#107 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

Whomever is feeding you burgers should be shot if you think fast food burgers taste better. There is no comparison when a fresh, homemade burger is done right.foxhound_fox

Exactly. Or even just a good burger at a real restaurant. Burgers are pretty much my favorite food ever. I eat them several times a week, regularly. But I won't even go into most fast food places anymore. And fvcking McDonalds? That's not even food. 

chunkowookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 chunkowookie
Member since 2012 • 270 Posts

Learn to cook and increase your standards

wis3boi

Seriously. Freakin peasants these days.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#109 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Serraph105
Apple juice? Do they guarantee it's arsenic free as well?